Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

The Fleet

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice] +2 on water terrain
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Stealth
[dice=Kiltem]d20-2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+10[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+9[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: [dice]d4[/dice]


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,806 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko spends the day alongside Art, throwing an intimidating look or threat at any that challenge his wild tales of derring do.

Infamy check
intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Are we safely into Day 2?

Kiltem and Lucky head back into BloodCove and they search out a high level cleric to fix Lucky. The druid would feel slightly more comfortable with a priest of Gozreh. But really Kilt isn't very religious in that sense. Any cleric will do for the most part.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

We are now safely into day 2.

Ko's fierce mien does plenty to spread word of the Pirhana as people begin to talk about a new ship in the game...

You can find a slew of clerics, the question is, how much do you want to gamble on the spell? This is simply a by the book spell casting service for Remove Curse. The cheapest cleric who is able to cast it is level 5, and the most powerful in Bloodcove is level 9.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Kiltem and Lucky search out a powerful cleric to remove his curse.

9th level, 330 gp


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

Yup. That.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The next day Kiltem and Lucky search out a powerful cleric of Besmara. they find a woman long past her prime, but dressing just like someone a third her age. She manhandles Lucky a bit before agreeing to the spell. With just a little bit of time she gets everything prepared.

Caster Level: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28.

Immediately after Lucky's stomach feels better, and his color returns! Curse removed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Day 2

Slappy does a bit of shopping picking up a nice cowbell and pan pipes.

He then hits the pubs increasing the fame/ infamy of the rag tag bunch of pirates in name only.

Perform Oratory: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Day 2. There's also Gathering information for potential adventure.

Slappy plies his trade in the streets, making great use of the larger harbor settlement to spread the word

This leaves Art and Ko for Day 2.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!
Dungeon Master S wrote:


Slappy plies his trade in the streets...

Slappy's mom plies her trade in the streets


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Dungeon Master S wrote:


a powerful cleric of Besmara. they find a woman long past her prime, but dressing just like someone a third her age.

The druid gives the woman an approving nod. Live while you still have time. Though a little blunt, Kiltem meant it sincerely. Death is part of life, it comes for everyone. Its best to enjoy it while it lasts.

Kiltem heads back to the ship to check in with his marines and he sends some of shore leave while making sure the others are on duty and keeping watch.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art spends day 2 looking for adventure...and whatever comes our way!

Diplomacy (GI): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Also, are there any firearms available here? Pistol dagger first priority


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Day 1: 1d100 ⇒ 35
Day 2: 1d100 ⇒ 15


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

GI: 1d4 ⇒ 3

On the second day Art strikes out to get the word on the street. He spends the morning poking around, but nothing really stands out. Word is that the Chelaxian colony of Sargava has stepped up its pirate hunting, but not much more.

The group reconvenes for a mid day meal. Lucky is finally feeling better, and everyone's pockets weigh heavily with freshly converted coin.

Leaving the seafood bodega, the party's fortune changes....


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Turning the corner a pair of rough looking men with some kind of horrible skin condition push away from walls on which they were leaning.

They don't seem to be armed, but they each were a badge shaped like a shield and made of bronze. "Well lookie here, isn't it the latest crew to weigh anchor and call themselves pirates?"

The other adds, "Seems like we should show'em the ropes."

The first smirks, "Sounds like a good idea."

Then, shockingly, they begin to change form! Their faces elongate and their posture changes as they turn into a horrible hybrid of crocodile and man!

Foes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Arthur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

They close with you, gnashing massive jaws!

Green v. Art: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 and he tries to really latch on! Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Black v. Ko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for DMG: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and he tries to really latch on! Grab: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

But neither get purchase!

Round 1:
Werecroc: ATK
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

Art starts in shock at the transformation and grunts in pain at the bite, but he quickly recovers himself.

Oh good. I need a new belt.

His rapier & pistol appear in his hands as if by magic. He makes a stab, then places the gun on Green's belly and pulls the trigger.

Use 1 panache to avoid AoO for first pistol shot of the round

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Pistol: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art wastes no time and pulls off a round and a stab in the blink of an eye! Horrifyingly, the bullet pops back out of the flesh, and the wound from the rapier closes!

Round 1:
Werecroc: ATK
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go

Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

DM:

Bite: Art, Ko
Green:


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the First
  • Current HPs: 30/30

Lucky scoots to the west, attacking with a ferocity born of disgust for the foul reptilian creatures!

(10' move west)

Sneak Attack - Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19 for Normal damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) = 15.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

No sneak attack available without a flank. You have the movement available to do an end around to get you there. Take it?


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 1

Know Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Know Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

not sure what werecrcocs are, but any special defenses or attacks

They must be so angry because they have so many teeth, and no tooth brushes. Slappy recites the old and tired joke, that still inspires his friends.

Inspire courage, and take a 5' step


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 1

The druid’s go very wide at the sight of the men’s shape change. Kilt’s first instinct was to show them his own wildshape transformation. However, he fears something special may be needed for were creatures.
He calls out to the Mother for one of her gifts, casts Produce Flame


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ruling Lucky moved

Lucky's blade finds a soft spot. The strike would have killed a man, but the supernatural toughness of these hybrids mutes his blade work.

Slappy knows a bit of something about werecrocodiles! Local unfortunately, for the moment it's only their name. The bard then brings a bit of levity to the fight, egging his friends on.

Kiltem, seeing weapons not work well, sheathes his hand in flame!

Round 1:
Werecroc: ATK
Slappy: Bard
Lucky: Bard
Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Doodad

DM:

Bite: Art, Ko
Green:
Black: 11


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

yeah sorry I thought I was moving to the west in order to be flanking with Art... no?


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko studies the Crocodiles hypnotic, reptilian motion and then lashes out with a powerful cutlass blow.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 10
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 12
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 27
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 12


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko's blade strikes with too shallow an angle, and does no damage. Confident in their supernatural toughness, they close distance. One chomps down on Slappy, while the other tries to finish Art off:

Green: Biting Slappy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 but the gnome is quick!

Black: Biting Art: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14 and another miss due to overconfidence!

Round 1:
Werecroc: ATK
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

DM:

Bite: Art, Ko
Green:
Black: 11


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the re-First
  • Current HPs: 30/30

Lucky steps to his right with a lunging strike aimed at the werecroc's exposed flank. Kukris trace a blinding path through the air as he twirls them once in an elegant figure eight before biting!

Sneak Attack - Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12 for Normal damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) = 11.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage

Sneak Attack - Off Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 24 for Normal damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) = 14.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round (adds to duration).

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

I moved Lucky to flank with me.

Art concentrates on the wounds Lucky struck, trying to find the more vulnerable spots with his own weapon.

Use 1 panache to double Precise Strike damage.

attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 33 <---BOOOOMMUTHAFUKKA!!!
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 10 = 17

CRIT CONFIRM: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10


male Human Rogue 9 HPs 69/69, AC 20, FF13 Touch17), Init +6, (fort +5, ref +13, wil +5), Trap Spotter +20

Slappy!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky's first swing misses, but his follow up hits a soft spot on the back of the leg! Art follows up with a critically timed shot too, drawing a blood, and just enough of it to drop the werecrocodile.

Both wounds would have killed a healthy man outright, but they seemed only minor against these creatures. Still, enough to do the job.

Round 1:
Werecroc: ATK
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Hit
Art: Kill
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

DM:

Bite: Art, Ko
Green:
Black: 31


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Seeing an opportunity, Ko circles, looking for an opening in the thick hide.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 14
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + (4) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 19
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 27
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + (4) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 17


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

Round 2

Being targeted by the werecroc is a crock as far as Slappy is concerned. He chuckles st his own joke, and retreats to cover behind Art allowing Kiltem a clear path. Anxious to try out his new spell Slappy starts the incantation and allowing his lingering performance to inspire the crew.

As the spell finishes a small dragon made of flame sprouts forth and zig zags towards the werecroc. It explodes in a dazzling fashion.

[dice=Snapdargon fireworks]1d4[/dice] Dazzeled 1 round Ref save (dc18)for 1/2 and no Dazzeled


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 2

The druid steps forward with a flaming palm. He smacks the werecroc.

Melee touch 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Produce Flame 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

1d4 ⇒ 4 REF: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Slappy's spell goes off without a hitch, exploding in front of the enemy.

Ko continues to struggle against the toughened hide. Kiltem, however, drives his hand into a weak spot, burning the werecroc!

In turn he goes after the druid:

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 MISS
And then it spins to slap him with his tail! Tailslap: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 and misses again!

Round 3:
Werecroc: ATK
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

DM:

Bite: Art, Ko
Green: 14 (Dazzled)


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

It's obvious the map hasn't been updated, because the croc can't reach Kiltem with a 5' step. So I'll simply assume art is no longer flanking--but I *will* move 5' if it sets up someone else for a flank, Slappy preferentially

Art makes another concentrated strike.

spend 1 panache for doubling Precise Strike damage

attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 10 = 18


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Art's stab is on target, but it's not enough to drop the foe!

Round 3:
Werecroc: ATK
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Go

Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

DM:

Bite: Art, Ko
Green: 22 (Dazzled)


AC: +14, T: +14, FF: +10 (+1 vs. Traps) | Fort +3 / Reflex: +9 (+1 vs. Traps) / Will: +2 | Max HP: 30 | Character Sheet | Piranha | Tactical Map |TCELES B HSUP!

    Round the Third
  • Current HPs: 30/30

As Lucky dashes south into the open area to the west of the enemy, he aligns the kukri in his right hand with the crocodilian gentleman's spine. He strikes with a quickness.... but that quickness may have cost him a measure of accuracy.

Sneak Attack - Main Hand Kukri: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15 for Normal damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 and Precision damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6) = 15.

•  Target is Bewildered: –2 to AC, -4 to AC vs. Lucky for 1 round.

•  Target takes 1 point of Strength damage


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Unfortunately, Lucky's angle isn't good and the rough skin of the foe foils the attack.

Round 3:
Werecroc: ATK
Slappy: Go
Lucky: Miss
Art: Hit
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go

DM:

Bite: Art, Ko
Green: 22 (Dazzled)


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko grits his teeth in frustration as the crocs thick hide continues to turn his blade. He attacks with renewed vigor, meaning to end the beast.

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 21
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + (2) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 14
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 2 = 13
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 1d63 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + (32) + 2 + 4 = 44


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 3

Seeing his firey palm strike to be effective spurs him on. The druid again strikes out with the Mother’s flame.

melee touch 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Produce Flame 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Ko scores a slash and Kiltem drives the heel of his palm into the open wound! The second werecroc drops.

Despite the public nature of the fight, no one interrupts or gets involved...

For slaying the two werecrocodiles, each pirate earns 400 XP.

Checking them for anything of note you find only their bronze badges and a scrap of paper with physical descriptions of each officer from the Pirhana.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Checking them for anything of note you find only their bronze badges and a scrap of paper with physical descriptions of each officer from the Pirhana.

Art takes the note. What the...someone hired these thugs to target us? Who could that be? The only one I can think of who would have a beef with us is Harrigan--and he'd get personal, not hire third-rate lizards to do it. Thoughts, anyone?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Knowledge (Local) would help here.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Arthur Cantor Delgado wrote:
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Checking them for anything of note you find only their bronze badges and a scrap of paper with physical descriptions of each officer from the Pirhana.
Art takes the note. What the...someone hired these thugs to target us? Who could that be? The only one I can think of who would have a beef with us is Harrigan--and he'd get personal, not hire third-rate lizards to do it. Thoughts, anyone?

Kiltem's brow furrows as ponders the scene. It doesn't seem to make any sense. There are five of us. Why would they only send two? I could see them overlooking Slappy simply for his small size. They know not his cunning. He shakes his head in confusion. They should have sent at least one for me alone... There is no boast in the burly druids voice.


Male Human Druid 5, HP 45/56, AC17 (T11 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +11, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Knowledge (Local) would help here.

Posting for Lucky/Adam

Lucky's Knowledge Local 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

The slim rogue ponders the situation


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 42 (23), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +9, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 20

Ko discusses the local lay of the land with Lucky.

Assist
know-local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4

The gnome makes to give a sharp retort to Kiltem, but then stops with a chuckle HA! Kiltem you've got the right of it, cunning and a linguist I'd say. Now hey lower those pictures down, and be sure to put the most handsome up on top. With a quick look to Ko, Yeah big guy I know you're handsome, but you can't help but admire these boyish good looks.

While examining both the pictures and the badges, Slappy keeps an eye on each of the crocs, making sure they don't do any of that coming back to life stuff. So think we should skin em and make some alligator boots or wallets out of em?

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Not something I've done before, but looks like it could be.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky knows all about the Aspis Consortium with Ko and Slappy filling in the details.

Odds are that these two low level agents were looking for an easy score. If you were really a target of the Consortium, they'd have sent more agents. Still, having two badges and the intestinal fortitude to impersonate agents could have its benefits.

----------------------

The party reconvenes to discuss what options are out there for plunder and glory. There are two leads that are both promising, and there may be a chance for both:

1. Supposedly there's a treasure laden shipwreck in an atoll a day and a half's sail west from here. It hasn't been plundered yet because there's a brine dragon that claims the entire atoll. A little bit of prep work might help give an advantage over the dragon.

2. There's an island populated by a lizardfolk tribe. The details on this are a little hazy, but people have been talking about resources on the island. Again, some specific prep might help. The island is about 4 days west, and will require some sailing to find.

Shackles map is updated with markers.


M Human L5 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 45 / 45 Ini +4; Panache: 1 / 3 CL 3 / 3 AC 19 FF 16 T 14; F1 R5 W1(+2 v fear); CMD 19
Full Attack:
[dice=Rapier]d20+8[/dice] [dice=damage]d6+5[/dice] [dice=Pistol]d20+6[/dice] [dice=damage]d8+1[/dice]

I suggest we go for this sunken wreck first. It's closer, and thus more likely for attention from someone less worthy than us! How about we spend some time researching what we can about brine dragons? We can also look for magical do-dads to help us get to the wreck & salvage it--I know Kiltem can get at least some of us to breathe underwater, but swimming easier would help too.

Then on our return, we can look into the lizard folk tribe--who knows, maybe we can do some diplomacy that does not devolve into bloodshed!

Art makes sure they've secured the Aspis badges, as they will certainly come in handy.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Normal rules and time apply for gathering information on these leads.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Bard (Thundercaller) 5 AC: 17 Touch 14 FF14 : HP: 39/41 Per: +10 Init: +2: Fort: +2 Ref: +6: Will +4
Dungeon Master S wrote:
Lucky knows [url=https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Aspis_Consortium] Still, having two badges and the intestinal fortitude to impersonate agents could have its benefits.

I love this thought... alter self coming up... now to figure out how to steal King Odric’s favorite hat.

Did you say DRAGON?!?!?!? I trust ya Captian, but , well just but.

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,806 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.