Dungeon Master S's "Frostfur Captives" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | HANDOUTS

Quickpost:

INITIATIVE
[dice=Enemy]d20[/dice]
[dice=Hullric]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=INIT-Kalak Chei]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Akhila]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Mulgrew]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Zailus]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Grynt]1d20+6[/dice]

PERCEPTION
[dice=Hullric]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Kalak Chei]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Akhila]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Mulgrew]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Zailus]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Grynt]1d20+9[/dice]


1 to 50 of 114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Welcome!

The Concordance

LG Mostly Human Ifrit Fighter/Swashbuckler 1/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (T 14, FF 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft (20 w/ pack) | Panache 3/3 | Spell like ability 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Zailus shrugs as he realizes there is almost nothing he can do with the shelter. Snow was something completely new to him and he hadn't ever been camping much less had to survive in the wild. Instead he tries to handle the insubordination in the goblins.

He strides over to the group. "What was that about blood drinking? I don't think we have much blood for you to be partaking of, unless you want to piss me off." He slowly follows their gaszes as a few of them openly stare at the food reserves. Teh "demigod" then pulls out his longsword and starts an angry tirade at the goblins as the blade bursts into flames. "There is no way in frozen hell you are going sfter th food supplies. I will burn you where you stand if you even think about it any furhter!"

__________________
Using a round of Blazing Blades to help enforce the 'demigod of fire' schtick. Why did I not put a rnk in intimidate?
Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

It seems that Zailus's show of power is enough to pacify the goblins during the night, which leaves the remaining two Pathfinders to help with the camp.

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 2 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 19 | hp 25/25 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +5, Perc +7, SensM +3 | Stunning Fist 2/2

Oops. Sorry about the whole take 10 thing from yesterday. I guess I was too tired when I posted that.

Kalak tenses slightly when she hears Zailus speak of burning the goblins, worried he might sacrifice the mission in his zeal, but the lie seems to serve its purpose and she keeps working on the shelter.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

No apologies needed!

Scarab Sages

Male Samsaran Arcanist 1/Oracle 1 | HP:12/12 | AC:14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD:8 | F:+1, R:+1, W:+8 | Init:+0 | Perc:+2, SM:+6 | ArcPool:2/4 | Active: mage armor, bless

"I think I have a partial solution to our situation. This will protect us from most effects of the cold for a day or so." Akhila presents his newly obtained wand and casts it on any and all who desire it.

Using wand of endure elements on everyone, including the goblins.

Akhila will then do what he can to help with the shelter itself.

survival aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ranger / 3rd | HP:DEAD | AC:21 T:14 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +9

Grynt will help build the camp...

Aid Another (Survival): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party quickly and efficiently moves to make camp. Still, the storm descends quickly as if Gozreh himself blew the winds. Fingers burn with the cold, and breathing is strained. Everyone takes 1d6 ⇒ 6 nonlethal damage. You can ignore the damage with a DC FORT Save.

Since I'm just jumping in. Do you guys have a watch set up for sleeping and guarding the goblins?

Scarab Sages

Male Samsaran Arcanist 1/Oracle 1 | HP:12/12 | AC:14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD:8 | F:+1, R:+1, W:+8 | Init:+0 | Perc:+2, SM:+6 | ArcPool:2/4 | Active: mage armor, bless

Does the endure elements help to negate the damage?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ranger / 3rd | HP:DEAD | AC:21 T:14 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +9

Grynt grunts, "I'll take the first watch..."

Fort+Cold Weather Outfit+Endurance
Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 5 + 4 = 30


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Yes, sorry. At this tier, Endure Elements is strong enough to preclude the need for a save.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Grynt takes the first watch. It's incredibly cold and windy. Shockingly, he spots a single copse of flowers bloom in the blizzard. Almost instinctively he picks one, and feels.... right about it.

The weather deteriorates even further, and the other watches are horrendous, no one leaving the shelter. The next morning, after breaking camp you see a pair of wolf corpses. The exposure too much even for them...

Thankfully the journey gets easier after the storm. The goblins seem subdued by storm and fire, and the path towards Harvest's End is peaceful.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The village of Harvest’s End is a quiet place. Traveling merchants in colorful garb are easily distinguished from the locals, who dress in woolen clothes of drab browns, greens, and grays. There are no sounds of laughter or play here. Fishermen put their catch out for display, while others congregate in small groups and whispered conversations. Smoke rises from the chimneys of uniform but well-constructed buildings, most of which are surrounded by small white picket fences.

It's a welcome respite, and you can resupply and gather information in town...

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Hullric takes a deep breath, "After cold rations a warm meal with some tea would be nice. We should also look for a place to stay. Preferably a barn or stables so we can all stay together and keep an eye on our charges."

Hullric will ask around for a good place to stay and for any random info that might be useful to them.

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Scarab Sages

Male Samsaran Arcanist 1/Oracle 1 | HP:12/12 | AC:14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD:8 | F:+1, R:+1, W:+8 | Init:+0 | Perc:+2, SM:+6 | ArcPool:2/4 | Active: mage armor, bless

"Yes, we probably should try not to raise any suspicion while in town. The goblins are quite important, after all."

Akhila is also interested in interviewing the townfolk.

diplomacy to gather info: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

The Concordance

LG Mostly Human Ifrit Fighter/Swashbuckler 1/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (T 14, FF 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft (20 w/ pack) | Panache 3/3 | Spell like ability 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Zailus gives the goblins one last burning look, "Stay here! Don't make a peep! We'll make sure you have enough food."

In town Zzailus has fun talking with all of the other people, glad that Akhila brought his magic with him, as he'd be freezing otherwise. He spens time chatting with people here and there, trying to get a hold on the situation.

___________________
Diplomacy Gather information: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Securing passage through town to your ultimate goal isn't going to be easy. There's a ferryman who controls passage with an iron fist. The thought of a ferryman isn't THAT bad, until you find out that it's not a "man" at all, but an ice troll called Rimetusk.

Akhila learns the most in a short time.

From a random person walking through, "If anything bad happens to Rimetusk, the entire village will suffer reprisals from the jadwiga Elvanna once the regional tax collector finds out. Rimetusk is not supposed to impede legitimate commerce, but he sometimes does to exert his authority."

From a regular in meadhall, "The ice troll was corrupt before he had power but is now unscrupulous in his crookedness. He’s been known to skim off the top of what he turns over to tax collectors dispatched by the jadwiga Elvanna. He’s also known to take the occasional bribe."

From a grizzled veteran, "Rimetusk can’t stand humans who don’t know their place (which is beneath him, of course), but he sincerely respects anyone who can best him in a feat of strength, especially wrestling."

Left with increasingly cantankerous goblins, and only one way forward, you reconvene to discuss how to cross the river to deliver your charges.

Scarab Sages

Male Samsaran Arcanist 1/Oracle 1 | HP:12/12 | AC:14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD:8 | F:+1, R:+1, W:+8 | Init:+0 | Perc:+2, SM:+6 | ArcPool:2/4 | Active: mage armor, bless

Akhila will relay all he has found out to the group. "It appears that our next challenge will be getting across the river. An unscrupulous ice troll named Rimetusk has taken over control of the ferry, and we have likely two options: bribe him or wrestle him. I don't think we can simply incapacitate him (or worse), the village itself will be punished."


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

I'll also gladly take anything outside-the-box!

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

"Maybe flatter him so much that he wants to get us across the river. He apparently thinks he is better than humans, so suggest he is."

Hullric looks at his companions, "Anyone good at bluffing?"

The Concordance

LG Mostly Human Ifrit Fighter/Swashbuckler 1/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (T 14, FF 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft (20 w/ pack) | Panache 3/3 | Spell like ability 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Zailus walks up to Hullric. "I like the idea of trying to flatter him, that'd be easier and nicer to my pocket book. As for bluffing, hmm, I don't know anyone who can be much help..." He stops for a second to think before giving a sharp intake of breath. "Right that reminds me! One of our charges got free and ate your share of the food, Hullric. Sorry."

"But speaking of food, can we get some rations here, so we don't have to worry about later?"
____________________
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3; lol... bad rolls today for multiple characters.

Hullric sighs, "Bloody hell. If we didn't have to keep the goblins alive, I would fillet one as a warning not to steal from me."

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 2 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 19 | hp 25/25 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +5, Perc +7, SensM +3 | Stunning Fist 2/2

While the others are trying to get some information and supplies in the village, Kalak stays with the goblins to keep an eye on them. When they come back and start speaking of a ferryman, she sighs. "Wrestling with such big ones would be difficult, but I don't think I can lie or flatter him. I can stay quiet behind you if needed, that's about it."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ranger / 3rd | HP:DEAD | AC:21 T:14 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +9

Grynt shrugs, sighing, "I'll wrestle him..."

The ranger walks to the ferry, eying the ice troll...he drops his weapons as he approaches the beast...

He bows. "Greetings...we have need to use your ferry...but first things first. I hear you like to wrestle...so do I...I challenge you to a 'friendly' match...on guard..."

Grynt crouches and then launches into the beast, staying low, to keep leverage, trying to bring the brute down...

Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Woah, got about 60 cm/2' of snow last night. I woke up to you guys going for it! Rock on...

The party, eager to move on, refills rations, and brings their charges straight to the rive in order to cross. The troll is, thankfully, a bit runtish, but still scary.

The attempts at fast talking fall short when one of the goblins speaks up, "Hey stupid face, longshanks here say your mother was a halfling and your father was a mossy rock. STUPID!"

Before it can get too out of hand, Grynt offers to wrestle for passage. Rimetusk scoffs at the idea, thinking that the half-orc is an easy target.

Grynt shocks the troll by quickly taking control of the scrum. "That's nothing. PIN TO WIN!"

Rimetusk tries to break free CMB: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16, but can't!

Grynt, if you make your grapple check to pin, you'll win! If not, the fight could quickly devolve into initiative. Roll well!

The Concordance

LG Mostly Human Ifrit Fighter/Swashbuckler 1/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (T 14, FF 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft (20 w/ pack) | Panache 3/3 | Spell like ability 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Zailus reaches over and gives the offending goblin a solid smack up side the head. He then leans over and whispers, "No, I said his mother was the rock! Dangit, get it right!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ranger / 3rd | HP:DEAD | AC:21 T:14 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +9

Grynt tries to leverage his current hold to flip over the large beast and pin him...

Grapple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Don't forget that when you're in control of a grapple, you get a bonus to the roll!

Grynt slams the troll down on the ground. The goblins let out a collective gasp, somewhere between shock and schadenfreude. The troll gives, and dejectedly lets you pass with your charges!

-------

On the other side you are almost free and clear of Irrisen. With the Rimeflow miles behind you, you’re ready to turn west to cross over into Hagreach, the easternmost portion of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings, and your final destination of Trollheim. The planned route through a stretch of wooded land is intended to keep you out of sight from the wandering patrols of either nation.

Natural trails wind through these woods, allowing passage through the thickets and shrubs. A sudden opening reveals a little house, no larger than a small child’s tree fort, built atop bundled tree branches lashed together like stilts or legs. The woodwork on the exterior of the house is exquisite, almost delicate in its craftsmanship. The only entrance to this small, one room structure is an open doorway facing west.

DC 15 Knowledge (local):
You recall legends telling of small, chicken-legged houses inhabited by porcelain dolls, created from the souls of stolen children and fashioned in the likenesses of ugly, white-haired crones. These dolls supposedly sit and watch Irrisen’s western border, and many tales say they walk the land at night with murderous intent.

Scarab Sages

Male Samsaran Arcanist 1/Oracle 1 | HP:12/12 | AC:14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD:8 | F:+1, R:+1, W:+8 | Init:+0 | Perc:+2, SM:+6 | ArcPool:2/4 | Active: mage armor, bless

As the half-orc rapidly wrestles the ice troll to the ground, Akhila shakes his head increduously. The wonders of the Pathfinder Society never cease.

-----------------

knowledge local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"You might not believe me, but now that we have reached the Irrisen/Linnorm border we must keep watch for murderous white haired witch dolls and chicken-legged houses."

pause

"No, I haven't been drinking."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ranger / 3rd | HP:DEAD | AC:21 T:14 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +9

Grynt rises, bows to the troll, saying, "Good match...". He then gathers his gear and prepares to cross over on the ferry...

Later, upon seeing the house, he stops in his tracks, looking for signs of nearby creatures...

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grynt nods to Akhila, whispering, "I'll check it out..." He then stealthily approaches the structure, keeping an eye out for danger...

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The party approaches cautiously. At Akhila's words the goblins become terrified, only barely keeping it together.

Grynt approaches the house and looks within to see a doll

Despite his stealth, the doll's eyes open and it points at the half-orc!

Enemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Hullric: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Kalak Chei: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Akhila: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Mulgrew: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Zailus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Grynt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

----------------

Round 1:
Kalak: Go
Zailus: Go

Creepy doll: TBD
Grynt: TBD
Hullric: TBD
Akhila: TBD

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ranger / 3rd | HP:DEAD | AC:21 T:14 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +9

I've faced these dolls before, in the Reign of Winter adventure path...but Grynt has not so I tried to play it straight...

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 2 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 19 | hp 25/25 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +5, Perc +7, SensM +3 | Stunning Fist 2/2

At first, Kalak is unsure about what Akhila said. She thinks it would be wise to simply be on their way and avoid such a thing as murderous dolls if they can, but she sees Grynt approach the house and, not wanting to leave him alone in case there is trouble, she attempts to follow him very quietly.

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 2 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 19 | hp 25/25 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +5, Perc +7, SensM +3 | Stunning Fist 2/2

Oops, didn't realize you had posted while I read and thought about what I should do. I hope you don't mind the double post. I'll pretend I didn't move behind Grynt, I guess, since I wasn't quick enough to respond, and I'll make my turn here? Also, is there a door on this tiny house?

Kalak draws her kamas as she goes to stand by Grynt's side and gets ready to attack if the doll comes out.

Draw my weapons as part of the move, ready an attack with the cold iron kama.

The Concordance

LG Mostly Human Ifrit Fighter/Swashbuckler 1/1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 (T 14, FF 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: -1 | Speed 30ft (20 w/ pack) | Panache 3/3 | Spell like ability 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Zailus draws out his longsword and steps closer to the house. "You know these things must burn pretty quickly."

The Pathfinder then takes a moment to catch his breath before he launches into an impassioned speech as he does his longsword and everyone's weapons burst into flame. "Allright! Pathfinders! We are going to handle this quickly and smoothly, any objections?"


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The Pathfinders sneak in, drawing steel in the cold air. The creepy doll rises up to float. It glides towards Grynt with a cold light and a glowing hand. It reaches out with a single stitched finger to touch the half-orc Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 and sucks his life out! DMG: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 1, 1) + 3 = 12 Will DC 12 for half.

Hut is open on the right hand side.

Round 1:
Kalak: Move and prep
Zailus: Move and prep
Creepy doll: Spell
Grynt: Go
Hullric: Go
Akhila: Go

Scarab Sages

Male Samsaran Arcanist 1/Oracle 1 | HP:12/12 | AC:14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD:8 | F:+1, R:+1, W:+8 | Init:+0 | Perc:+2, SM:+6 | ArcPool:2/4 | Active: mage armor, bless

knowledge arcana?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Akhila squints to remember if these can be hurt by magic or if they have resistance to that. If they do not, he raises his hands and unleashes a spell.

Casts magic missile (CL 3) by spending an arcane pool point in conjunction with magical adept trait

magic missile damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Akhila knows that Irresen Guardian Dolls are not resistant to magic Any any two other questions you'd like to know.

The two missiles slam into the target, but the doll can take a hit!

Round 1:
Kalak: Move and prep
Zailus: Move and prep
Creepy doll: Spell
Grynt: Go
Hullric: Go

Akhila: MM

DM:

Doll: 7

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ranger / 3rd | HP:DEAD | AC:21 T:14 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +9

Grynt shivers upon being touched...

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

...he moves back 5' SE and fires a couple of cold iron arrows at the doll...

(PBS, Precise Shot, Magic, Deadeye Bowman, Rapid Shot)

Longbow: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 2 = 17

Magic/CI Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Longbow: 1d10 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 = 11

Magic/CI Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Grynt takes the hit, but it doesn't stop his offense. His first arrow hits center mass, but the second is off target.

Round 1:
Kalak: Move and prep
Zailus: Move and prep
Creepy doll: Spell
Grynt: Hit
Hullric: Go
Akhila: MM

DM:

Doll: 15

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 2 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 19 | hp 25/25 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +5, Perc +7, SensM +3 | Stunning Fist 2/2

Would Grynt's attack also deal 1d4 fire damage thanks to Zailus' performance? Or does it not work on projectiles? Another question so I can plan the next turn: is it possible for me to take a 5 foot step north-west into the house? Or will I have to move and make a single attack?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

It seems like it would! I'll add 1d4 ⇒ 3. It's a move and attack unfortunately.

Round 1:
Kalak: Move and prep
Zailus: Move and prep
Creepy doll: Spell
Grynt: Hit
Hullric: Go
Akhila: MM

DM:

Doll: 18

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Hullric steps forward and touches Grynt on the shoulder, healing some of his wounds.

CLW on Grynt: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Free Action: 5' Step
Standard: Divine Favor into CLW


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Hullric mends the big half-orc as the creepy doll continues inexorably.

Kalak: Go
Zailus: Go

Creepy doll: TBD
Grynt: TBD
Hullric: TBD
Akhila: TBD

DM:

Doll: 18

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 2 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 19 | hp 25/25 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +5, Perc +7, SensM +3 | Stunning Fist 2/2

Decisive, Kalak steps into the minuscule home and attempts to use speed and seemingly erratic movement to avoid any possible attack from the doll.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Attempting not to touch any flames to her robes makes the whole maneuver somewhat more difficult than usual, however. Despite that, as soon as she spins around back towards the doll, she lashes with her cold iron kama, flames trailing along with the blade.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
base damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Kalak's deft maneuver is no match for the guardian doll. She places her blade exactly where the stitches meet, and cuts the doll to ribbons.

The goblins continue to cower, but for now, you're out of danger!

Out of combat

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Ranger / 3rd | HP:DEAD | AC:21 T:14 FF:17 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 R:+7 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +9

Grynt nods appreciatively to Kalak. "Well done...thank you for standing by my side..."

He looks to Hullric. "...and thank you for the healing."

The half-Orc then searches the doll as well as the hut...

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male CN Human Warpriest of The Lantern King 4.0 | AC 22 (T 12/FF 20) | CMB +5 CMD 17 (FF 15) | HP 39/39 | Init +4 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +6 | Perception +2 | Speed 20' | Blessings 5/5 | Fervor 4/4 | Channel Energy 2/2 | Active Conditions:

"I wonder if the doll was by itself or does it have a master that might not have returned yet."

Grand Lodge

Female Human (Tian) Unchained Monk 2 | AC 15 T 15 FF 12 | CMD 19 | hp 25/25 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +6 | Kn (Rel) +5, Perc +7, SensM +3 | Stunning Fist 2/2

Kalak nods in return, slightly more deeply and slowly, like a bow starting only at the neck. "It is only what should be expected. I will not leave a fellow pathfinder to fight alone."

She grunts a little when Hullric speaks of a master. "Right, constructs. We'd better not waste time, then. Let's take a quick look and be on our way." she searches along with Grynt to speed up the process.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Scarab Sages

Male Samsaran Arcanist 1/Oracle 1 | HP:12/12 | AC:14 (10 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMD:8 | F:+1, R:+1, W:+8 | Init:+0 | Perc:+2, SM:+6 | ArcPool:2/4 | Active: mage armor, bless

Akhila waves his hands around as if scanning.

Detecting magic on the area, particularly the house

1 to 50 of 114 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Frostfur Captives" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.