Dungeon Master S's "Delirium's Tangle" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | Handouts

Quickposts:

INITIATIVE
[dice=Enemy]d20[/dice]
[dice=Juno]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lady Naysha]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Fuzzzy]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Hanzi]d20+1[/dice]

PERCEPTION
[dice=Juno]d20+6[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Lady Naysha]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Fuzzzy]d20+1[/dice] (Assumes Bobby)
[dice=Hanzi]d20+3[/dice]


1 to 50 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Place your arcane mark here.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Mine looks like a rabbit!

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

I am here.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Nagaji Samurai 6 (Ronin) 48/69 HP 25 AC 24 FF 11 T 19 CMD | F: +10 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting, Poison) | Challenge 0/2 Resolve 2/3 Spit Venom 3/4 | Per +3 Init + 3

I don't know how to use that spell


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Checking in now to get started with OutPost!

The descent down through the forgotten maintenance tunnels and natural caverns below Absalom has been mercifully uneventful, and offers plenty of time to think back on the events of the day.

Messengers found you across Absalom before sunrise and summoned you to the Grand Lodge on orders from Venture- Captain Drandle Dreng. His milky, half-closed eyes, normally offering a bearing of regal decrepitude, instead looked sour as he apologized for the early hours and introduced a thick man bearing the scars of many horrific burns seated in a chair in Dreng’s office, his feat soaking in a small metal bucket of steaming water. Behind him stand two enormous, heavily armored half-orcs, their arms crossed over their massive chests and all four of their eyes constantly scanning the room for danger. “Pathfinders, this is Grandmaster Torch,” Dreng muttered sleepily. “He’s an… associate of the Society. We owe him a favor after that business in Sedeq, and it seems he’s looking to collect.”

“You wound me, my lord,” said Grandmaster Torch, leaving Dreng chuckling softly to himself in the background. “I come in the interest of the common good. You see, my good friend and occasional business associate, Nuar Spiritskin, is missing. You may know him better as the Minotaur Prince of Absalom, the head of the Taurean Embassy and something of a famous foreign dignitary, what with his assertions that he speaks for all Minotaurs everywhere. A collection of papers recently entered my possession that spoke of a grand maze beneath the city; naturally, my first instinct was to discuss the matter with Nuar. He seemed as intrigued as I and after I elicited his help, he set out at once for the maze. It has been several days, more than enough time for a minotaur to solve a maze, and I grow worried for my bovine chum."

“Clearly, I cannot take this matter to the guard. Poor Nuar would be scandalized if word got around that he couldn’t solve a simple maze. I can provide you with directions to this maze, called Delirium’s Tangle, if you promise to return Nuar quietly to his home. I’m even willing to let your organization keep the artifact I believe lies in the maze’s center. Some ancient, elven hourglass—my notes aren’t specific as to what it does. Just ensure the Prince’s safety.”

Dreng looks incredulous, but solemnly nods. “Nuar is a useful ally to the Society and a lost labyrinth below Absalom herself is too convenient to pass up. Take an hour to prepare and then head
out. And be thorough; no telling what you’ll find down there.”

Check in and ask any questions

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Despite being a grown woman, Lady Naysha looks like a young, teenage girl. She has black hair, a bright smile, and eyes that sparkle with joy. She wears very fancy clothes and jewelry, and always carries around her beloved stuffed rabbit, Miss Whiskers.

When she is called to meet with Drandle Dreng and Grandmaster Torch, Lady Naysha was in her garden, playing with her fairy friends. Pixies, and brownies and fairies and lots of others too!

She had waved goodbye and skipped off to prepare for her mission! But, some of her fey friends followed her. She couldn't see them right now, but even walking through the tunnels under Absalom she knew they were there!

As they went under the city, Lady Naysha jumped up and down in excitement, and told them,

"Hi! I'm Lady Naysha! And THIS is Miss Whiskers!" She held up a big, stuffed rabbit toy. "Miss Whiskers gives me magic powers! She's very friendly!"

The stuffy doesn't seem to move or anything.

"And these are my fairy friends!" she says. "Come out, fairy friends!"

Nothing seems to come out.

As they walk down the tunnels, Lady Naysha tells funny jokes to everyone.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Fuzzzy was reading an old book, and drinking a hot cup of water when the messenger arrived at his old castle. He was supposed to be drinking tea, but he had forgotten to put in the tea bag!

When the messenger tried to knock on his door, the door fell in, and some bricks fell of the wall. It took Fuzzzy a long time to find the door. Luckily, his good friend, Bobby, a very handsome owl, helped him find the way.

"Are you the wizard known as Fuzzzy?" the messenger had asked.

"I don't know!" Fuzzzy had said. He stroked his long white beard and asked Bobby, "Am I..?"

Bobby had nodded.

"Hmmm.... Who am I again? It's all a bit... Fuzzzy.... YES! That must be it! I AM Fuzzzy!"

After getting his mission details, and helping the poor messenger out of the rubble, the old wizard waves his hand, causing the bricks and the door to fix themselves.

"Next time don't knock!" Fuzzzy had told the messenger. "Ring the bell, instead."

There was no bell.

---

It took Fuzzzy a long time to remember where the Grand Lodge was. But, Bobby got him there in the end, and only a little bit late.

---

"Well, hello there, Lady Naysha! Hello Miss Whiskers! Hello invisible fairy friends!" the old man said happily. "Have we met before? I can't recall... Hmmm... I'm..."

He stops to think.

Fuzzzy is an old man with a big floppy hat, and a long white beard. He has a nice sword on his belt, and a book in his hands. A little brown owl sits on his shoulder.

"Oh, dear. Who am I again?" he asks the owl.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"WHOOOOOO!" replied Bobby.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"It's all a bit Fuzzy...." he wondered again, stroking his beard.

"Ah, yes! Thank you, Bobby! I'M FUZZZY! Three zed's, you know."

With a nod of his head, the old mans hat flapped around.

"And who are you? Have we met? I can't seem to recall..."

---

When they travel through the tunnels, Fuzzzy laughs at every joke Lady Naysha makes.

"HAHAHAHAHA! I haven't heard that one, before! Or, at least I think I haven't. Bobby? Have I hear that joke before?"

Looking at Lady Naysha, Fuzzzy asks, "And who are you? Have we met? I can't seem to recall..."

By now he has asked this question a LOT!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Bobby shakes his head at Fuzzzy.

"Whoooo..."

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

"Oh, Fuzzzy! Always so funny! Why are you always forgetting stuff?" Lady Naysha asked with a giggle.

Hugging Miss Whiskers close, she asked, "What do you think, Miss Whiskers?"

After a moment of listening attentively to Miss Whiskers, (who said nothing), Lady Naysha nodded. "You might be right."

The Exchange

Female Dwarf Fighter 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC 22 (T10, FF 22) | CMB: +6 CMD: 16 | F:+7 R:+1 W:+2 (+5 vs. cold weather, +2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +0 | Perc +8, SM +1, Social -1, Appraise +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Juno had just arrived back in Absalom after a long journey in the south when she was hailed to meet for another assignment.

"Bushy beard, I'm knackered!" She grumbled at the messenger. With a big stretch, she groans. "Not that I'm surprised they sent for me." She boasts. "Clearly, they see my worth!"

---

When she entered the mission briefing, Juno smiled grandly. "Venture-Captain Dreng! Grandmaster Torch! Juno Berik, of the Berik Clan, at your service!" She bowed slightly, then stood tall and proud, clearly thinking she was due the same respect.

Juno was an attractive, well-groomed dwarven woman of sturdy frame with muscles well-honed from hard labour. She wears well-worn armour and carries a dwarven waraxe and steel shield. She wears nice looking silver jewelry, fashionable clothes, and wears her long red hair loose down her back.

"A prince? We're helping a prince?" Juno remarks with a wide, greedy smile. "Wonderful! You picked the right woman for the job!"

---

As the mission briefing comes to an end, Juno approaches her fellow Pathfinders. "It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Naysha! Nice to see they put a few women of quality together."

Clearly, Juno considers herself as important as a the young noblewoman.

With a raised eyebrow, Juno looks at Miss Whiskers, and then behind her at the 'invisible fairies.'

"Uh... Yeah, nice... toy kid." Juno remarks awkwardly. Clearly she doesn't believe that Miss Whiskers contains anything other than stuffing, and she sees no fairies in sight.

Muttering under her breath, Juno remarks, "Why do I always get put with the crazy ones?"

"And, uh... Fuzzzy? Nice to, uh... meet you. You're lucky to be in my presence, old man. Don't worry. I'll protect you and the others from whatever we're up against."

"I'M Juno Berik, of the great Berik Clan! You may have heard of me."

Despite her boasts, you have not heard of Juno, or her clan.

---

As they stomp through the tunnels, Juno laughs at Lady Naysha's jokes. But, the further they go, and the more times Fuzzzy re-introduces herself, Juno gets grumpier and grumpier.

"I feel like a babysitter!" she grumbles. "This Prince had better grant me a title when this is through!"

Despite her complaints, as Lady Naysha makes another joke, Juno can't help but laugh.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Dreng, rather odd himself, looks at the party with his mouth slightly agog. Dreng speaks up a bit to clarify the Prince. "“He’s something of a local diplomat: officially, he represents Kortos’ minotaur tribes here in Absalom, but most of those tribes aren’t quite as politically minded as Nuar. He seems to know just about everyone, though. Very useful fellow.”

The looks off into the distance a bit absentmindedly before turning back, Now, I didn't wake you up in the middle of the night for you to start this in the morning! Pathfinders, find the Prince!"

Without any further delay, you don armor, check spell components, and feed Bobby the Owl. Then you head into the maintenance tunnels below the city.

From there you descend into a more natural maze.

Survival DC 15:

You notice bizarre humanoid tracks and signs of large insects. Unfortunately, the tracks are too faint to identify.

From there it gets... confusing.

Navigating this natural maze is hard, but not impossible for Pathfinders. Each of you can make a Survival check. The highest result will be aided by any others who beat DC 10.

The Exchange

Female Dwarf Fighter 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC 22 (T10, FF 22) | CMB: +6 CMD: 16 | F:+7 R:+1 W:+2 (+5 vs. cold weather, +2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +0 | Perc +8, SM +1, Social -1, Appraise +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

With a look down the tunnels, Juno curls up her lip in distaste.

"There's strange humanoid tracks here. And signs of large insects." Looking at the 'child' and the old man travelling alongside her, Juno adds, "You two had better stay behind me."


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

To clarify, the Survival check for the spoiler is not the same one to navigate the maze.

The Exchange

Female Dwarf Fighter 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC 22 (T10, FF 22) | CMB: +6 CMD: 16 | F:+7 R:+1 W:+2 (+5 vs. cold weather, +2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +0 | Perc +8, SM +1, Social -1, Appraise +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Second Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Why do I forget things? Well, I don't know! Bobby, why do I always forget things?"

Silver Crusade

Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Whooooooooo!"

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Yes, of course. What he said." Fuzzzy remarks with a nod of his head. His hat flops around funny.

---

"Old?" Fuzzzy asks. "I'm not old! Am I?"

Looking down at his long, white beard, Fuzzzy looks a little confused. "Hmmm.... This does look like an old man's beard... Bobby, how old am I?"

Silver Crusade

Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Whoooooooo!"

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Twenty-five? Hmmm... Yes, that does sound right! See? I'm not old at all!"

"Hmmm... Berik.... Berik... I can't seem to recall... Bobby? Have I heard of the Berik Clan?"

Silver Crusade

Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Whooooo! Hoooo!"

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"I'm afraid not. Never heard of you or your clan, Miss Juno."

As Fuzzzy looks around down the halls and tunnels, he looks around, stroking his beard in thought.

Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

"Yes, lead the way red-headed dwarf stranger! Bobby!"

With a look at the owl his shoulder, he whispers, "Bobby? Do I know that woman? What are we doing in these tunnels?"

Silver Crusade

Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

The little owl seems to sigh.

"Hoooooo..."

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha giggles as Juno can't seem to see her fairy friends. "Hahaha! Won't you be surprised!"

Lady Naysha cuddles Miss Whiskers during the mission briefing, and as we walk through the tunnels.

"Twenty-five? Really,Fuzzzy? I'm twenty-five, too!" Even though she says that, Lady Naysha looks no older than twelve.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 20

The Exchange

Female Dwarf Fighter 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC 22 (T10, FF 22) | CMB: +6 CMD: 16 | F:+7 R:+1 W:+2 (+5 vs. cold weather, +2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +0 | Perc +8, SM +1, Social -1, Appraise +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Active Conditions: None

"What? You--? Bah! Nonsense! Everyone's heard of the great Berik Clan! Everyone worth knowing, anyway!"

Juno crosses her arms and mutters angrily to herself.

---

"Twenty-five?" Juno bursts out laughing. "If either of you are twenty-five, I'll eat my own tiara!"

Grand Lodge

CG Male Nagaji Samurai 6 (Ronin) 48/69 HP 25 AC 24 FF 11 T 19 CMD | F: +10 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting, Poison) | Challenge 0/2 Resolve 2/3 Spit Venom 3/4 | Per +3 Init + 3

Hanzi had been pretty silent to this point. He instinctively distrusted the Grand Master but...he smiled. He was tall and imposing and wore samurai Yoroi-o - The great armor of a samurai. It was a kade green and gray indicating it belonged to a warrior from Minkai during the reign of the Jade Regent.

It was difficult to tell at first but the slight tail and raspy voice give Hanzi away as a lizard man. He stands resolute in position to guard Lady Nyasha and Fuzzy.

Once in the Labyrith he moves to the front Well rescuing a prince is a worthy cause, even if he is a Minotaur...and your Clan is obly worth what its members are.
I look forward to seeing what Clan Berik has to show us. I am Hanzi and I serve the Society as my own man. My past no longer matters

He stands ready for the humanoids people spot but then tries to lead the way through the maze.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

"Don't eat a tiara, silly!" Lady Naysha laughed.

"Hi, Hanzi! I love your tail!"

Grand Lodge

CG Male Nagaji Samurai 6 (Ronin) 48/69 HP 25 AC 24 FF 11 T 19 CMD | F: +10 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting, Poison) | Challenge 0/2 Resolve 2/3 Spit Venom 3/4 | Per +3 Init + 3

Hanzi gives a passive shrug A tail is a tail. You would have one too if you were a Nagaji. He doesn't seem to know what to make of the Lady. Surely she must possess some great scholarly skill to be dressed the way she is.

Hanzi would have to look after her closely.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Duration: 2d6 - 9 ⇒ (1, 5) - 9 = -3

The party wanders the caverns for just an hour. Thankfully the tracks are clear enough to you all that you take minimally few wrong turns.

The cavern opens from a bottleneck into a large, smooth cavern of striated blue stone and pale, sandy floors. The walls glisten with moisture, and a small pool sits on the eastern side of the chamber. All across the area, thick carpets of fungus blanket the stones.

Juno: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 (Darkvision 60')
Lady Naysha: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Fuzzzy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (Assumes Bobby)
Hanzi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

A pair of beetles, each the size of a dog, erupt from the sandy floor. Juno catches it just in the nick of time. Hungrily they clack their jaws and advance!

Surprise Round
Beetles: Advance!
Juno: Go

Round 1
Fuzzzy: Go
Beetles: TBD
Lady Naysha: TBD
Hanzi: TBD
Juno: TBD

DM:

Enemy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Juno: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Lady Naysha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Fuzzzy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Hanzi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The Exchange

Female Dwarf Fighter 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC 22 (T10, FF 22) | CMB: +6 CMD: 16 | F:+7 R:+1 W:+2 (+5 vs. cold weather, +2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +0 | Perc +8, SM +1, Social -1, Appraise +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Active Conditions: None

"Get back!" Juno shouts at the kid and the old man.

She charges forward and swings her axe at the spider in the sand.

Charging. Current AC is now 19.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Note: I wasn't sure if that last square I stepped into on the map would count as difficult terrain. If it does, I couldn't have charged, and would have instead stood still and readied an action to attack the next spider that came into reach, using my attack roll above (which comes out to 8 without the bonus for charging.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Juno's charge is off target, but she's now up close and personal with the beetles.

Round 1
Fuzzzy: Go
Beetles: TBD
Lady Naysha: TBD
Hanzi: TBD
Juno: TBD

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Fuzzzy moves towards the water and points towards the spider.

"Go on, then! Get over there."

The water doesn't move.

"Ahhh... Oh, dear! Bobby, what's that spell called again?"

Silver Crusade

Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Hooooo!"

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Ah, yes!" Fuzzzy remarks. "Quite right. RAY OF FROST!"

As Fuzzzy points at the spider, water from the pool flies to his hands and then shoots right at the spider, freezing into ice on the way!

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Cold Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Fuzzzy moves. Fuzzzy casts ray of frost at the spider near Juno.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"My dear colleagues, so sorry that I am late and it is so nice meeting you! I can see our names printed in the chronicles already." Andor says with a smile on his face.

You see a human around twenty years old in light leather armor, rapier and loose clothing.

"I have to admit that I just joined the PFS. So this is all very new for me!" he says and runs to the next beetle he can attack.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Rapier attack roll (+4 dex, +1 BAB, +1 Weapon Focus)
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Damage roll (+4 dex from Fencing Grace Feat)

In case Andor is attacked he uses 'Opportune Parry' and parries by expending an AoO to parry 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Fuzzzy's spell is slightly off target. Just a single breath later the beetles begin to bite. Fuzzzy shooting your ray into melee also comes with a -4 to hit (unless you have the Precise Shot feat.)

Bite v. Juno: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Bite v. Hanzi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

but neither vermin finds purchase.

Andor moves in to work next to Hanzi and with a single well placed thrust between head and thorax, kills the beetle!

Round 1
Fuzzzy: Miss
Beetles: ATK
Lady Naysha: Go
Hanzi: Go
Juno: Go

Andor: Kill

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha points at the spider. She whispers something quietly, then covers her mouth and giggles.

Aklo:
"Get that one! It'll be funny!"

Suddenly there's a 'WHOOSH!' sound as a strange little creature with antennas on its head runs up to the spider and tosses sand in its eyes. There's another 'WHOOSH!' and the creature is gone! When it moves its so fast its invisible!

Using her whimsical prank ability to attempt a ranged dirty trick on the spider. Tossing sand in its eyes to blind the spider. Full rules for dirty trick and whimsical prank are on her profile under 'Special Abilities.'

Dirty Trick: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Knowledge Nature: DC 13:
The creature is a quickling!

The Exchange

Female Dwarf Fighter 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC 22 (T10, FF 22) | CMB: +6 CMD: 16 | F:+7 R:+1 W:+2 (+5 vs. cold weather, +2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +0 | Perc +8, SM +1, Social -1, Appraise +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Active Conditions: None

"Get back you old fool!" Juno grumbles at Fuzzzy.

At the sudden appearance of the strange fey creature, Juno lets out an exclamation of surprise.

"Ah! What? Who?!"

As it vanishes just as quickly as it appeared, Juno grumbles to herself. "Bah! Blasted fairies!"

Juno swings her axe at the spider. Using power attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lady Naysha's trick works like a charm, catching the beetle's eyes!

It gives Juno just the opportunity she needs to cut the insect in half!

Out of combat


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Barely breaking a sweat, the party takes stock of the situation.

Perception DC 10:

You find a few odds and ends that obviously hail from the surface. Most of this is rubbish, but a small collection of valuables lies among the eggs. One nest is lined with a scroll and three potions.

Looking around, it seems the only direction is deeper. Advance when ready by updating the map with your posted action.

The Exchange

Female Dwarf Fighter 3 | HP: 34/34 | AC 22 (T10, FF 22) | CMB: +6 CMD: 16 | F:+7 R:+1 W:+2 (+5 vs. cold weather, +2 vs. poison, spells, spell-like) | Init +0 | Perc +8, SM +1, Social -1, Appraise +2 | Speed 20 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Juno pokes around in the cavern, and happily waves around a scroll and some potions. "Ha! Look what I've found!" she boasts.

"Uhh... What are they?" she asks. "Not that I don't know. Just, for, uh... the record."

Although she hopes they're valuable, Juno has no idea what the potions or scroll do...

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

“My dear colleagues, I have to say that you PFS agents are even more formidable then was reported to me.” With a slight grin he continues: “I am Ando; the brave young boy that was convinced by his two siblings - well I have a sister and a twin brother - to join the society. To be honest I lost a wager to these devils that I have to call family.” He grins and then starts laughing. “No just kidding. I love my crazy family. But to be honest I have the feeling you have to be really nuts to join the society.” he ends his sentence and his grins fades away as he starts to contemplate and specifically looks at Naysha and Fuzzzy.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Nagaji Samurai 6 (Ronin) 48/69 HP 25 AC 24 FF 11 T 19 CMD | F: +10 R +4 W +4 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting, Poison) | Challenge 0/2 Resolve 2/3 Spit Venom 3/4 | Per +3 Init + 3

Hanzi briefly examines the items. He doesnt know what they are but he produces three library tags and labels them "potion 1", "scroll 1" "Potion 2" and "potion 3". Satisfied he hands them back to Juno.

There. Cataloged.

Hanzi searches the ground for some potential tracks to follow but if he is unable to find them he will join Andor on the far side of the room preparing to depart.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Fuzzzy walks up to Lady Naysha and whispers something in her ear.

Lady Naysha:
"I like your quickling friend!"

Then she smiles and strokes his beard.

"Oh!" he exclaims. He looks at the scrolls and potions...

"Hmmm.... These are... These are... Bobby, what are these?"

Silver Crusade

Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"hoooo hoooo hohoho hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! !!!!'"

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Ah, yes! Quite right!"

"DETECT MAGIC!"

Spellcraft Potion 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Spellcraft Potion 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Spellcraft Potion 3: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Spellcraft Scroll 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

"These are..."


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Hanzi catalogs the findings meticulously. Sadly, there seem to be no tracks as the beetles disrupt the sand on the regular.

The natural caverns suddenly give way to worked stone and
metal fixtures. Dangling glass balls flicker and cast a weak, greenish glow across the chamber. Ahead, a series of green tiled, wide, terraced stairs slope up to an imposing bronze door, partly torn from its hinges. The stairs bear hundreds of symbols that seem to warp and flicker.

The reek of decay, along with a pungent, acidic smell fills the chamber. Heaps of bones and garbage are scattered about the room. On both sides of the bronze doors, numerous small idols sit in niches and nooks. Their clumsy design clearly contrasts the delicate swoops and strokes of the walls and door.

DC 15 Knowledge (nature) or Heal:
Some of the remains are humanoid, many having been slaughtered within the past month.

Perception DC 10:
wealth of small bone and basalt idols crowd the floor around the doors. Though crude, they are nonetheless worth 45 gp each to an academic or collector.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Fuzzzy determines that it's a pair of cure light wounds potions. One eludes him, though the context clues lead him to think it's a third of the same. The scroll is one of Lesser Restoration.

1 to 50 of 172 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Delirium's Tangle" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.