Dragonlance: Age of Mortals Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Darkfire142

A Three Book Adventure Path in the world of Dragonlance covering levels 1-20.


401 to 450 of 493 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Yes Pegrin does have a key on him. Who is going to open the chest?


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Terevalis will.


Ok well Terevalis you unlock the chest but it seems Pegrin was pretty paranoid about people breaking into his chest and had a trap set on his chest which is set to go off unless someone (namely Pegrin) disarmed it. The trap attacks you at 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 as a poison needle shoots out the lock and pierces Terevalis's hand. Make a fort save, DC 13.

As for what is in the chest you find the lions share of the loot. A sack of 500 Steel pieces, 4 Silvenesti jade carvings, 3 bottles of fine wine, A masterwork chainmail (with Dark Knight markings) and a wooden hexagon shaped box.

Further searching the room you also find 10 gemstones and 2 potions hidden under Pegrin's bed.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Here goes,

Fort Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


You take 1 Con damage. Every 4 rounds you make another save until you pass or get treatment.


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

Hmmmm, what kind of treatment? Would either Heal skill or CLW help?

Clara will identify the potions:
alchemy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
alchemy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Male Kender Ranger (Trapper) - 1st
Clarabibulus Flingflopsparkfizz wrote:

Hmmmm, what kind of treatment? Would either Heal skill or CLW help?

Treat Poison: To treat poison means to tend to a single character who has been poisoned and who is going to take more damage from the poison (or suffer some other effect). Every time the poisoned character makes a saving throw against the poison, you make a Heal check. If your Heal check exceeds the DC of the poison, the character receives a +4 competence bonus on his saving throw against the poison.


Male Kender Ranger (Trapper) - 1st

In other words if you have the Heal skill, you should make checks to to beat the poison save DC, if you do, you give him a +4 bonus to his save


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Ok.
How nice I am poisoned and the gnome is checking for potions.


Male Elf Hunter (Divine hunter) 1 (AC: 18 [T: 15 /F: 13]; HP: 9/9; F+2, R+7, W+3 [+2 vs. enchantments]; Init: +7; Perc: +9 [Low-light])

Datura helps Semus in gathering ropes, and binding those that still live. He stays mostly silent, as he doesn't have much opinion on the matters. He doesn't see much point in capturing and helping those that are mostly or almost dead. The wolf doesn't help his rival after they fight to be the alpha.

Clara, it's a heal check to treat poison. Ninja'd


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

Thanks, Semus.

"There there, Terevalis, Great grandpa Umbilicus always said nothing takes the sting out of foolishly opening a chest without checking for traps like delicious and uplifting fizzy pop. Here have a sip."

heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

HGOK, happy to just have the fizzy drink be for flavor (ahem) but I'll roll alchemy too if you think it's warranted.


Ok well both the potions are potions of Cure Light Wounds (One check was enough for both). As for Clara's fizzy drink, it tastes good bot does nothing to really help Terevalis overcome the poison. Speaking of which Terevalis give me another fort save, same difficulty. Now I'll say that in the general supplies in the supply tent there is actually a Healer's Kit, so Clara could use them for a +2 bonus on the next check if she makes use of it. As for the captured people, all the normal bandits are dead (Mooks usually die at 0 HP unless you're doing Non-lethal damage), but Derg, Pegrin and Cole are now thoroughly tied up with rope.


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

OK if Terevalis misses his next save I'll take ten on the next Heal check, and also try out the healer's kit, for a 16.

"What about that wooden hexagon shaped box, huh? Aren't you curious what's in the box? Let's see what's in the box, OK? Semus, anything seem trappy not it? Terevalis, can you tell if it's magic?"


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Fort Save.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

I might be able to do so if I were not fighting the effects of being poisoned.


Ok Terevalis, Clara actually uses some real cleaning materials and bandages for the wound. Make another fort save with a +4 bonus Terevalis.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 4 = 23 Fort Save


With the treatment of Clara's healer's kit and cleaning of the wound the poison stops harming Terevalis further although he feels weak and sickly from the poison and definitely up for some rest. So is Terevalis going to investigate the box?


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

He will cast detect magic Moncolik kulit bontuk cermin oktom blnu

I am glad that I found my copy of the Lost Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home. It has Raistlin's student spellbook in it with the words to a few spells, detect magic being one of them!


The box detects as having a mild magical aura to it although it does not seem overly powerful. Make me a knowledge history check for the box as you examine the symbols, markings and workmanship.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Knowledge History Check


All terevalis recognizes is that the box bears markings of the royal house of Quinari and has superior elven craftsmanship. Definitely is something from the palace back in Silvanost.


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

High God, how long was the walk here? Wasn't it just an hour? Also, do I have any sense how long it'd be before Derg and Pegrin will be able to walk?


No it took 8 hours of travel to get where you are as the camp is on the outskirts of the Silvanesti forest. Hence why it was midnight when the party arrived and the bandits were sleeping.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Terevalis will claim it since he is the only member of the Silvanesti here.


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

"So this is adventuring, huh? It's even more...vivid...than I'd imagined." Clarabibulus pauses to take in the scene.

"Semus, I'm sure you're right that we should sleep here, though I do worry that those who ran off will return with reinforcements...or even just to try to salvage what of their loot they can. I suppose if we have two of us on watch at any given time, that should be sufficient. Can I suggest: myself and Drake, then Terevalis and Datura, and then Seren and Semus? I don't know about you all, but I'd like to sleep as close together -- and in as few tents -- as we can manage, just in case?"


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

I will need 8 hours of rest if I am going to be able to re-prepare my spells in the morning. I will do either the first or the last. Since you have two people who can see in the dark it might be wise to have us on different watches as well


Male Anthrosian Human Warder/Psion 3

How about Clara and I take first watch, then Datura and Semus, with Seren and Terevalis taking last watch.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Why not Clara and Seren? Elves have the ability to see in the dark with their elven sight.


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

"Oh dear, it does make sense to have those who can see in the dark on different shifts, doesn't it now? I really am new at this. What do you think then? Terevalis + Drake, me + Datura, and Seren + Semus?"

Clara looks expectantly at the others.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Terevalis knods.

what are we going to do with the departure of the bard? Does that leave us lacking anything?


The bard was the groups chronicler and Wild-Card. We can do without him I suppose. Still I'ed be willing to accept a replacement player if someone nominates a replacement player. Not opening up a recruiting thread just for 1 player though.

The group grabs the abundant sleeping material and settles down for the night with their captives. Fortunately no one shows up to hassle you for the bandits have long fled and the camp was fairly unknown to most. Late in the morning you awaken well rested. Pegrin is still near death but Derg has awakened although has little to say as he's likey tied and gagged at the moment. Cole is somewhat better than he was as well but still hurting from his arrow wound.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Terevalis will prepare spells and attempt to charm Derg.

Ast kiloncor thinthin DC 15


As a half-elf he has a +2 bonus VS that spell so 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Terevalis tries to charm him but he proves to be pretty strong willed and defiant and gives him a hateful glare definitely not liking his situation.


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

Clarabibulus wakes early, with the excitement of the previous night keeping sleep from her, and finds she has a sudden inspiration for a new recipe. When the others awake she's just finishing it up and beams proudly at them. "Hey everybody, gather round for some fresh, good morning fizzy drinks. This one's made with grapefruit, prickly-pear cactus fruit, fennel, radish, and birch bark."

While anyone interested shares her breakfast soda, she's suggest in a whisper, "Oooo, Oooo! Now that Derg's awake, who should question him? I bet he knows where they've been raiding, and maybe lots more cool information too."

_______________

Seren is/was our best diplomat. Should we DMPC him doing the questioning? Or should Drake take it, since he's got a pretty decent diplomacy score himself?


Male Elf Hunter (Divine hunter) 1 (AC: 18 [T: 15 /F: 13]; HP: 9/9; F+2, R+7, W+3 [+2 vs. enchantments]; Init: +7; Perc: +9 [Low-light])

Sorry to be late to the party, but this all happened while I slept. (dang night shift).

The night before

Datura just watches all the back and for the who should watch what, and when, before simply adding "Sadly, like my cousin here, I also must get a full night's rest to be prepared for accepting the World Mother blessings. But, Awd doesn't sleep. She can't. She always watches over me while I do. She has decent scent receptors, and an eye for prey. As a plant, she can become fairly unrecognized as a sentry, allowing her to get the jump on anyone trying to approach. I have no problem tasking her to watch over us all as we sleep."

In the morning

Datura actually accepts the drink this time, recognizing each of the ingredients as plant-based. All the same, as they talk, he takes Awd out so they can try to forage up something to eat for everyone.

Survival to find food 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
That's enough to feed myself and 5 others.


Indeed. Despite it being winter Datura is able to forage up some wild plants more resilient to the cold in order to provide enough for the party.

If you want Seren to do some diplomacy with Derg I will. Otherwise I'ed rather have a PC do it. Seren is basically going to ditch the party once they reach town.


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Terevalis will ask Cole what he knows and will continue talking to him about high sorcery.


From questioning Cole on various magical knowledge Terevalis can tell he is a fairly intelligent man and has some structured magical training from his college days. You get the feeling he could transition well into High Sorcery as many Academy sorcerers have done. He also knows a few languages including elvish, both written and spoken. The only problem you can tell is that he is rather weak willed and that this could be dangerous for him if and when he does take the test of High Sorcery.


Male Anthrosian Human Warder/Psion 3

I say we do a quick yet thorough search of the rest of the camp, gather up all the spoils of victory for the party, then take the bad guys back. We will have Seren go in and meet up with his elven contacts he has made to meet us just a bit outside the city, and turn the bandits over to them for justice. Then we head back in the city and thank the Herald for his guidance before making preparations to depart.


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

Drake, sound like a fine plan, though is there a reason you don't want to question Derg or Pegrin? We might get useful info from it, and I think you (or Seren) would be the one to do it. If folks don't see a need I'll go along with skipping it.


Ok so you tie up Pegrin and throw his unconscious body over someone's sholder (Likey Drake) of a and drag Cole and Derg along with you. The group travels back toward Pashin and reaches the town at early evening. However with 2 tied up people the gate guards are definitely going to have some questions. There are Dark Knight soldiers manning the gates. Either you have to find a way to sneak them into the town or admit to the guards that these are wanted criminals and turn them over to the Dark Knights for "Justice".


Male Anthrosian Human Warder/Psion 3

I never intended for us to approach the gate or enter the city, I was going to have "Seren go in and meet up with the elven contacts he has made to come meet us, just a bit outside the city, and turn the bandits over to them for justice."

Since it has been brought up, before we leave I will attempt to question Derg and Cole to see if this group was anything more than simple bandits, whether they had other objectives than merely collection of wealth, alterior motives, or just any general information they might usefully provide, etc.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Terevalis will show Cole his spellbook.


Derg stubbornly says "What's in it for me if I tell you? You're just going to turn me over to the Dark Knights who will torture me on the rack before they'll put my head under the axe."

Cole on the other hand says, "As far as I know, Pegrin was a profiteer of elven relics. The bandit operations were just ways of getting extra supplies and goods for sale on the open market."


Female Gnome Fizzician | AC 34 | F +23 R +22 W +21 | Perception +20, scent, darkvision, low-light (+2 to locate w/in scent range) | Hero Points 1 | Clara portraitHats (Squirrel Familiar)Baabaa Yagoat (Construct)

"Drake, I agree, surely there must be some elven authorities to turn them over to outside the city, or who can come out to claim him."


Male Anthrosian Human Warder/Psion 3

I'm good on the questions, unless anyone else has anything, pretty straight forward banditry it seems.

Good DM, I think we are ready to pass to the time when Seren returns with the elves. Then we can split loot, go back in the city, and meet back up with the Herald.


Seren knowing the trip to the elven colony is treacherous on his own gets in contact with an elven messenger to call upon Naelathan Shadowdark, Shaylin's right hand man who would be the ultimate authority on what legal proceedings would be warranted on these thugs. An hour later Nathalin and two of his men meet with Terevalis in a back alleyway. Nathalin is an elf with golden hair cut ragged and short with pale skin blue eyes and an intense glare and dressed in a black robe. His complexion shows that he bears the marks of the Sunblight. He listens to his tale and says.

"So you got that bastard Pegrin. That is good news to my ears. Well done at ending his operations in the town. Still I'm not going to risk exposure dragging prisoners to our encampment. I would advise that you inform the Mayor of Pashin that you have ended a bandit operation. Turn over your captives to Khur justice and claim whatever reward he is willing to give you. I am sure he'll pay better than those bastard Dark Knights. With the amount of crimes Pegrin is guilty of the Mayor will see to a swift execution."


M Silvanesti Elf Wizard (Necromancer) 6/5 Renegade Hunter Int +2 AC 22, touch 22, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 44 (9d6+9) Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep;

Terevalis will inform Nathalin about Cole and will ask if Mistress Shaylin would be willing, as an adherent of High Sorcery, to help him undergo an ephiphany so as to help strengthen the Orders.

Terevalis will then report what recommended to him about the bandits.


Nathalin says, "I doubt Shaylin would be willing to train a human in the arts of magic but I will tell her when I return. Shaylin may be a Wizard of the White Robes but she has many elven concerns to deal with. You and your companions have done a right for the resistance though, so if Shaylin feels them worthy she will allow them access to the elven colony and meet them in person. Now I must depart before the Dark Knight patrols get too close."

With that he leaves with his fellows.

401 to 450 of 493 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dragonlance AOM: Book 1 - Key of Destiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.