Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


6,651 to 6,700 of 12,164 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>

...nothing happens. Dren gasps with frustration: something terribly important was close, very close! But nothing happens!

Jax only:

A nat 20 on perception. Okay, so: as you glance overboard, you see the late Yuri's head. It's... moving. The face is writhing as if full of worms. The eyes jerk open, then the mouth. It's trying to speak. The dead, severed head is trying to speak.

But heads don't float very well. Cold river water flows over it and fills the mouth. Slowly, it drifts beneath the surface, moving downstream with the current.


There's a bellow from below. Sailors are boiling up the stairs and out the hatch. The Captain is below and behind them.

Swine-Olaf sits up and rubs his eyes.

Outside in the river, the orca squeals in hatred and rage.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xenfal heads to the railing and fires the crossbow at the whale

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren screams in frustration, They must all die! Dren walks over ot the edge and tries to take his frustration out on the creature attacking the ship, summoning his dark powers.

Gift of Madness: DC 17 willpower save or confused for 1 round


Hey, orcas have a pretty good Will save. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Well, I guess this one is distracted. 1d100 ⇒ 29


The whale is momentarily immobilized. It floats motionless in the water, squealing and clicking and gurgling to itself.

Captain Odenkirk is pounding up the ladder. "Möter varandra och lämna varandra. Lämnar och träffa. Det är vad livet är!" Sailors scatter as he rages up onto the deck.

With a faint puff of displaced air, Morsum suddenly appears in the stern, immediately adjacent to the dead body of the Soothsayer.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Never a dull moment with DM!

Just lost a lot while trying to post grr iphone! I'll sum up.

I am tempted to cry out 'Aiiiieeee! It has returned for us! It has returned for us!' and point to Morsum.

Things happened as Dren was playing with his toy, Grumble (or if he was busy, perhaps Sir Edmin) would have put the Soothsayer in a barrel or behind crates, Cуровую would have assisted, and cast Bulls Strength on Edmin to help with hiding the body or at somebody who needed it to fight the killer whale.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

I will hit it with confusion for the next 7 more rounds.

Destroy that beast before it sinks the ship! he points to the confused Orca whale.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

After the elf woman lies dead, the knight grins as he uses her hair to clean the beard of his ax. "Nicely done all."

Cimu Message:
"Get your shiza together woman. Your thoughts are close to the edge of blasphamy. Do not forget that I am a Champion of The Dark Prince. They will all burn wizard, do not mourn them."

After Dren kills the sailor.
"Jax, what's done is done. We have to deal with this other crap before you get all weepy eyed."

After Dren fires at the whale.
Edmin fires his crossbow at the whale.
Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 6


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Edmin, Grumble may need help hiding the body.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 - to watch for the Captain appearing on the deck.

The second, the Captain appears and the Judge sees the dark and shadowy Morsum reappear, the Judge yells:
There is the monster, get it. He then raises his dagger and charges Morsum.

As the Judge does this, Morsum looks down at the body of the Soothsayer, and then turns and casually jumps overboard. The second Morsum hits the water, the Judge will dismiss him.

Bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Following Edmin and Xenfal's example, Jax sheathes his sword and draws his crossbow. Captain, How do you feel about Orca for dinner tonight?

He then proceeds to walk to the railing and fire alongside Xenfal. Swift action to enhance crossbow to +1
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 for 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 damage.


Cуровую зиму wrote:
Edmin, Grumble may need help hiding the body.

Okay, thinking about this: you're going to have a grand total of two rounds from the first "WHUMP" to when sailors start rushing up the stairs. That's probably not enough time to get the water barrel open and emptied and the Soothsayer stuffed inside. There really isn't anywhere else to hide her up here -- the Captain likes a clean deck. So, your options are (1) toss her overboard, (2) leave her where she is and try to come up with a story, or (3) try to stuff her anyway and run the (very high) risk of being caught trying to stuff a corpse in the drinking water barrel.

Zimu only:

Yes, I know you have your eye on the Soothsayer's body, or anyway maybe part of it. But that's how this is playing out. If someone had zapped with orca with Daze or Fascination or Dren's confusion power right away, then you'd have a few rounds to mess around. But as is, now everyone's awake and alarmed.


The Captain rushes on deck. "What the HELL is going on?"

At a glance he takes in the whole insane scene: orca in the water, Swine-Olaf just getting to his feet, armed party, Morsum, dead elf*.

"Bring me a harpoon!" And with that he charges Morsum.

*Assuming you didn't either throw her overboard or try to stuff her in the barrel.


Now, can he hit Morsum? Well, that depends on who wins init. Morsum's init was not very high... let's see. 1d20 ⇒ 14


The Judge shouts, "There is the monster! Get -- " and the Captain rushes past him 1d20 ⇒ 8 and swings at Morsum. [roll roll] 11 points of damage.

Morsum can now jump overboard. Of course, he'll probably suffer an AoO. On the other hand, you probably don't care about that.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren will sheathe his dagger...he can clean the blood off it later...he will be in a foul mood for quite some time.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xen fires another bolt at the Whale

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 for 1d8 ⇒ 7

also to be fair I did say that there was some elf randomnly on board in my yelling to cover that we were all up here. So since no one actually said they push her over she is probably still on deck


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

We only need a little lie to pull this off. If the Captain asks, we tell him that we can communicate mind to mind with one another and heard about the trouble. Rather than awaken the entire ship, we chose to deal with her ourselves in hopes there would be another glittering gold trident. He's greedy, he'll understand greed. Then we simply lie about her having anything amazing on her.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

hell we dont even have to lie. "Is there anything of worth? There is nothing on her." Also to be fair Xen could answer honestly that he does not know if there is anything magic, since we have not actually checked it out yet.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

DM may rule that we would roll bluff v Sense motive since, while not outright lying, our PCs are edging the line.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Okay, thinking about this: you're going to have a grand total of two rounds from the first "WHUMP" to when sailors start rushing up the stairs.

Then in the two rounds I am doing the following - I am not worried about the sailors I am worried about the captain. Cуровую will instruct Grumble to follow her and bring the body, we'll put it behind crates or anywhere not on deck, as soon as the body is on his shoulder, Cуровую will cast Invisibility on Grumble and ask him to follow her below decks while the crew deals with the killer whale. I'll make sure the captain is top side before we go down.


Cуровую зиму wrote:


Cуровую will cast Invisibility on Grumble and ask him to follow her below decks while the crew deals with the killer whale. I'll make sure the captain is top side before we go down.

That's so clever I'm tempted to let you get away with it.

Alas: Invisibility targets "you or a creature or object weighing no more than 100 lbs./level". Grumblejack is actually rather small for an ogre -- he's only about eight and a half feet tall, and barely weighs 500 lbs. Nonetheless, he's too big for you to cast Invisibility on.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Cast it on the Elf!!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

As Obi Wan Bref said. I was originally thinking that but did not want to accidentaly 'lose' the body nor have it tripped on by the crew, so I thought Grumble was the better idea, Cуровую will cast Invisibility on the remains of the Soothsayer after Grumble picks her up and wait a for the captain to be preoccupied before going below decks.

Dren care to join us?


Okay, have rolled a bunch of dice. Here's how this resolves (unless someone acts to change it):

The orca fails two more saves, which means it will take a lot of damage from missile and thrown weapons. It doesn't die, though. Unable to sink the ship, it gives a high-pitched squeal of grief and rage and swims away.

The Captain hits Morsum a second time but doesn't crit and so doesn't kill him. Morsum dives off the ship and then disappears.

The Captain believes Jax's bluff.

The Captain thinks that the whole thing started because Swine-Olaf was asleep on watch. "You know the penalty for that, Swine-Olaf," he says calmly.

"Mercy, Captain! It'll never happen again!" the terrified sailor blubbers.

The Captain nods thoughtfully. "All know that I am not a merciful man. But with three deaths, we grow shorthanded. Perhaps I will let you live, if you can prove your worth over the rest of this voyage."

Olaf's eyes widen. "Really, Captain?"

"Ha, of course not." The Captain swings his axe and cuts Swine-Olaf's left leg off at the knee. "Death is the penalty for sleeping on watch, Swine-Olaf. Everyone knows that." He swings the axe again and cuts Olaf's right hand away.


Grumblejack escapes with the invisible body of the Soothsayer. Note that she'll become visible again in three minutes. There are plenty of hidey-places belowdecks where you can stuff a body -- it's all crates and bad lighting down there -- but after a while she'll make her presence known.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Grumblejack can probably "take care" of her by that point. She will probably be more tender by then anyways.

Dren will follow Cimu downstairs to look at the body. Once away from the others...

Hmmm, is there anything useful we can take from the body? My master used to used them for all sorts of rituals. What do you think?

Grumblejack, do you like Elf flesh? If so as a reward you may eat this creature, after we are done with it of course.


"Huh! Never had elf. Hear they taste like venison." Grumblejack eyes the Soothsayer's corpse thoughtfully. "We'll need to get her armor off for the good cuts."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Of course. It's too bad we can't bleed her to get her tender for you but we will have to deal with what we have. sigh...

Dren then goes to work and carefully plucks out an eye, making sure it is intact, Cimu, you should see if you can find a use for some of the parts, maybe spell components or some such.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

-
Nowhere near the bard or captain's cabin, and when the crew's adrenaline has died down to be taken over by weariness.

In a distant voice that may not be her own the scion of the Eternal Hags intones to Dren,

DM and Dren

Spoiler:
Dren please carefully cut out the eyes, liver, and heart of the Soothsayer.

I will be needing those.

A portion of her blood as well.

There will be much to do ...

You and Grumble may have any other of her remains.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

GM & Cimu:

Of course, however I may be of assistance to you. he carefully removes what is asked. When he is done he plunges his dagger into her body a half dozen times, a rare look of anger on his face.
The sailors death was suppose to release the voices! Why didn't it work??? he says clearly frustrated...
I may need to find another sailor.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Sorry for the slow posting. Still running around like crazy.

I would like the Soothsayer's armor. I assume that it is light armor of some sort. If I can wear it and it will not slow me down like my heavy chain shirt does, I will definitely take it.

The Judge simply simply smiles as Captain Buffoon falls for the ruse. When the group is finished, Tohram calls the rest of the party together.

Well done all. The Dark Lord would be proud of that performance. We need to eliminate the body. What Grumblejack does not finish, we can feed to the fish. Now we need to turn our attention to the real enemy, how to finish off the Captain. I believe, as we have discussed, that the best method is to get him on land through a drinking competition with Edmin. As I have asked before, if someone has another or a better plan, please tell me. Otherwise, we need to begin to put this into action so that the Captain will want to challenge Edmin when we arrive at our destination. Because that day this boat, its captain and all its crew will go to dark or watery graves.


A short digression, for Jax only.

Jax:

That night, Jax has a dream.

Irin is lying on her divan, smoking a hookah. She's back in her red, green and gold silk robe. Incense drifts langorously on the air. She looks utterly relaxed.

"Hello, Jax," she says. "So you got the Soothsayer! Nice. Nice." She takes a slow, luxurious drag on the hookah. "She was... I can't describe it, exactly. Like a mosquito buzzing in a corner of the room, up near the ceiling where you can't reach it. A tiny constant annoyance in the background. You don't notice it. And then it stops, and you realize just how irritating it was." She purses her lips and slowly exhales a long plume of smoke. "So, onwards! Here's a tip. When the first member of the Fourth Knot appears, have the Judge step forward. Step forward fearlessly. Things will go better if you do." She closes her eyes and seems to drowse for several moments. Then, "After that, either you kill the Cruel Master, or he kills you. Do try to kill him!" There's another long pause. Then she murmurs, "And don't forget my flask... do try to find something interesting."

The room slowly goes dark.

Jax awakens on his hard, cold bunk. There's a faint smell of incense in the air, but it fades quickly.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

It is certainly worth a try. Hopefully he doesn't betray us before then. I have one other thought if that doesn't work. We can pretend the Halfing has escaped when we get to our final destination. We could potentially use him to get the captain on shore in order to chase him and then ambush him at that point. It's a possible backup plan if he doesn't take the drinking bait.
What do we plan to do with the halfling by the way? We should kill him before we leave the ship.


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:


I would like the Soothsayer's armor. I assume that it is light armor of some sort. If I can wear it and it will not slow me down like my heavy chain shirt does, I will definitely take it.

The Soothsayer's armor seems to be made of some sort of fine fish-scales. In game terms, treat it exactly like Leaf Armor -- 500 gp value, plays like masterwork studded leather with no AC check penalty. Judge, you'd be trading -1 AC for no check penalty (currently you're at -2) and 5 less pounds of encumbrance.

It's RAW that armor is only categorized by size, so that any Medium creature can wear any other Medium creature's armor. I think that's a bit silly, but it's RAW, so we'll go with it. However, note that the armor is of a very distinctive appearance; anyone will see that it's unusual, and anyone who knows about aquatic elves will know that it came from them.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I will put it in my loot for now, As well as the two sponges. Either Judge or Dren put the headband in with your loot. You both want it so I say just roll a d20 if you havent figured it out amongst yourselves.


Okay, at some point you'll need to get rid of the Soothsayer's remains (emphasis on remains). I'll assume that after a day or so you all will have taken what you want. Then Zimu can cast Invisibility on what's left of her, and Grumblejack can toss the gutted, horribly mutilated corpse overboard.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

you dm you actually make me feel a little bad sometimes.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:


Well done all. The Dark Lord would be proud of that performance. We need to eliminate the body. What Grumblejack does not finish, we can feed to the fish. Now we need to turn our attention to the real enemy, how to finish off the Captain. I believe, as we have discussed, that the best method is to get him on land through a drinking competition with Edmin. As I have asked before, if someone has another or a better plan, please tell me. Otherwise, we need to begin to put this into action so that the Captain will want to challenge Edmin when we arrive at our destination. Because that day this boat, its captain and all its crew will go to dark or watery graves.

There's no reason to kill the crew or destroy the boat. I'm sure the Dark Lord could make use of them both. They are easily cowed and a boat is worth a decent amount of gold.

No need to feel bad, Xen. Xenfal had no part in the corpse eating, murder of sleeping people or mutilation. He simply took down an enemy.

For Tohram:

At some point after the group conversation, Jax will pull the Judge aside.
I recently recalled something that Irin mentioned back at the manse. When we first meet the Fourth knot, you must be the one to step forward first. And you must step forward fearlessly. Honestly, it sounded like something you would do anyway so I forgot about it. However, I figured you would like to know.

For DM:

If Jax has time to speak during his dream, he'll say a few simple words.
The Cursed one managed to get his knife into a corpse. He didn't notice the effect, but I saw..the head squirmed with hundreds of worms. I will try harder to keep him from doing it again. I can take no direct action against another member of the Knot, but I'll do what I can to stem his power.


Another day passes.

The river begins to narrow again. The sandbars disappear, and the current is somewhat faster.

Late in the afternoon, several white shapes appear on the north shore. The lookout calls an alert, and all of you crowd to the northern side of the boat to look.

They are wolves. White wolves. And they're huge; easily the size of a pony.

Captain Odenkirk steps forward. "Those are vintervargar," he says. "They have the bodies of wolves but in truth they are creatures of ice and deathly cold. Some say they are the spirits of the evil dead."

The Captain puts his elbows on the railing and rests his chin in his hands: an unusually pensive or thoughtful pose. "So there are vintervargar here too. I did not know it. It makes me think of Homeland.

"When I was a lad, a pack of them caught a child who had wandered too far. They tormented it to make it scream, but did not kill it. The child's mother came running. They caught her too. They killed the child slowly and ate it, but kept her alive to watch. A group of warriors from our village came then, for the pelts of the vintervargar are rare and very valuable. But the vintervargar ran away laughing, with their red tongues hanging out. For they have the minds of men.

"As for the woman, she went mad." The Captain spits thoughtfully into the water. "In Homeland we do not allow the weak and unfit to burden the rest of us. Wise are the ways of Homeland! We gave her to the man av gudarna and he offered her at the next half moon. Her husband cursed us, but did not break peace, for he knew the law as well as any. Then he swore to bring seven pelts of vintervargar to lay across her grave. He went away. I never heard what became of him."

The Captain is silent for a long time. Then he says, "I never heard that the vintervargar could swim. Never mind them, then." He turns away and goes down the hatch to his cabin.

The great white shapes follow the Frosthamar for over an hour, trotting along the bank. However, they show no signs of being able to swim, and after a while they simply turn and disappear into the gloom beneath the dark pines.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

To the others when a chance presents itself

A chance to hunt those beasts might get him onshore as well. A hunting challenge between us and him perhaps?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Jax, we were told by the cardinal to kill the captain and the crew, no one can know of our passage in case they somehow connect us to our mission. The ship should sink as well to avoid any questions about what happened to its crew, simply disappearing makes that easy...ships disappear all of the time at sea.
I understand your desire for wealth, you will have all you wish once we succeed.

Dren stares at the wolves thinking the darkness consume them all, what did I do wrong...the voices...I was so close...he eyes several of the crew as they go about their business soon I will make another attempt.

starting to feel like Dren is going down the serial killer path...lol


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

That's not a bad idea, Xen. I can't say I'd mind the extra money pelts like that would bring in..

Bah, pirates steal ships all the time. Perhaps we could pawn it off to those whom we bring weapons.


Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:


starting to feel like Dren is going down the serial killer path...lol

An archpriest of Hell gave you that dagger. He got it from a bunch of demons. So, this is sure to end well!


Here Captain Odenkirk is showing his sensitive and vulnerable side with a tender story about his lost youth back in Homeland, and all you guys can think about is money. Well, see if he opens up in front of you again.


Another day passes.

The river narrows again. Mountains rise around you. The river flows through a narrow gorge. High cliffs blot out the sun.

The current strengthens and the Frosthamar struggles to make headway. The Captain orders all hands to oars. Once again, Nimpy is brought from below to sing the sailors into greater strength and endurance. Since Bag'o'Bones is no longer available, Deaf Olaf keeps a noose firmly looped around the halfling's neck.

After a long day of singing and pulling, you pass out of the gorge. As night falls, the Frosthamar slips out of the river and into a vast lake.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

pffft I am not talkin to that man he is terrifying

Xenfal keeps the sponges in his belt pouch, just in case he goes over.


Once Nimpy finishes his singing, he is rewarded with a savage beating by three of the sailors, while the Captain nods approvingly. Then, he is led back belowdecks in chains to his crate.

As he passes by Zimu, he turns to glance at her sidelong.

Zimu:

1d20 ⇒ 11 Often-forgotten fact: the Bluff skill can be used to pass messages unobserved.

"Lady, I endure. The hour grows near."


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Apparently DM rolled a nat one on Profession Typist there

6,651 to 6,700 of 12,164 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.