Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


6,601 to 6,650 of 12,164 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>

Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Can't disrupt our SU abilities, but it was worth a try.
Edmin and Grumblejack just need to hit, don't forget the bless.
If she makes it overboard I will still cast command, just changed to come to me.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 31 WOOT CRIT!
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 30

Damage: 1d12 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
Crit Damage: 1d12 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

ax is x3


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Nice to hit rolls Edmin. As Bref said, you need one more d12+10+2 for damage.

--> This should have been Morsum's save, c'est la vie. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

The Judge is not doing anything until we get everything else worked out.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Nice, that should be a beheading with the axe! Epic blow!


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Great Catch!
(2) Crit Damage: 1d12 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Glad you have a good damage bonus. You rolled 4+2+1 = 7 on a range of 3-36. Ouch.


Yeah, and even with crap rolls he did 43 points of damage. Ouch!


Okay, you got her just as she was jumping over the railing. A key question is, does she land on this side or that? I think I'm going to roll a flat d100 for it; you want me to roll low. 1d100 ⇒ 27


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

WOO HOO

Heward would be proud of such a strike

Xenfal races to her body and immdiately strips her of all her jewelry, weapons, bags, belts, boots, hats, coin, cloak, gloves. Anything that might be worth something and he throws it into his Haversack. He leaves her main clothes of course. Then he moves himself across the deck and takes out his crossbow, as if he was there all along.


As the Soothsayer turns to vault into the water, Sir Edmin steps forward. His axe catches her directly between the shoulder blades, shattering her spine.

The Soothsayer slumps nervelessly to the deck in a rapidly widening pool of blood. Her strange, clouded eyes seem to look at something none of you can see. "No..." she whispers.

And then she says, softly but clearly: "The Son. The Son will stop you."

And then she dies.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

You know there was about 1/10 to 1/3 of me that wanted to see her escape. I mean this in character and as a player.

Bluff to hide emotions 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 = 18

Through eyes that seem distant and not without clear remorseful sadness ...

To Edmin via Message

Spoiler:
'She truly wanted to save you Edmin. She wanted to save me. She would have saved us all if she could. Are we ... Lost?'

Cуровую does not wait for an answer.

Once again my Fate belongs to me ... and Her.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Xen I cast Detect Magic earlier. Her coronet is magic -- transmutation. She's carrying a magic wand and... something else magical in a little net bag, on her belt. The wand is abjuration magic, and the something whatever-it-is, is transmutation. She may have other valuables that are none magical too.

Best use Detect Magic, Perception and Appraise.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую will ask Dren for Guidance for two Knowledge rolls.

The first is either Knowledge Arcana, History, Local, Religion or a combination of those DM I will PM you.

1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23

The second, what happened to Morsum

Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20

edit - that may not be enough Judge.


The sailors are still asleep.

Skipping ahead a bit: when you have time to examine them, you'll find that the wand was a wand of Protection from Evil with 12 charges left. (In case you had to fight your way out from a crowd of evil sailors.)

The little net bag contained two sponges. Upon examination, these turn out to be edible. They act as Potions of Water Breathing.

The coronet will give you a +2 Cha boost.

That fishscale tunic she was wearing is actually some sort of light armor. Nonmagical, elf-sized, and pretty distinctive, but looks like it might be worth something. Are you stripping her body?


Speaking of her body: what are you doing with her now? Throw her overboard? Keep her to show to the Captain?

Note that she has left a rather large (and still growing) stain of blood on the deck.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

No time for a good post, gotta leave in 5 minutes.

I would like the Headband of Cha. Toss the body. I will BS the Captain if necessary regarding the blood, although if someone has a spell that will help clean, that would be good. Take the elvish fishy armor - might be good for Xen.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

Speaking of her body: what are you doing with her now? Throw her overboard? Keep her to show to the Captain?

Note that she has left a rather large (and still growing) stain of blood on the deck.

Sea water (good for this actually) and Prestidigitation for the blood.

We are keeping the body, at least briefly. Long enough that the dolphins don't take her remains back to Ys!

Find a barrel if need be, and we do not show the body to anyone especially the bard.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Posted the same time as the Judge.

We are not throwing the body overboard. At least briefly. Keep her long enough that the dolphins don't take her remains back to Ys!


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

It's time to dispose of the body judge, summon your monsters, they can consume the flesh and take it back to the hells, there will be nothing to bring her back with that way...Grumblejack may also be hungry for some Elf flesh?

Dren states matter-of-factly, like he has seen it done before...

which he has :]

Dren stares at one of the sleeping sailors, his dagger slowly sliding from it's sheath. It is time to feed. he thinks to himself.

He walks over to Grumbljack, Grumblejack, please knock this man unconscious first, I need to kill him. He won't be missed, he just simply disappears, one less to deal with.

He changes shape to a half orc, then walks over and slowly cuts the man's throat finally fulfilling his want after Grumble jack pummels the man with his weapon.

Coup De Grace if needed since I can do it multiple times with the man subdued with non-lethal.


It's funny you should mention the dolphins.

You ignored their anxious chittering during the (brief) mobbing and murder of the Soothsayer. But now that quiet has fallen again, your search and looting of her lifeless body is interrupted by their squeals, clicks and whistles.

And then there's a much louder squeal. [roll roll]


THUMP

The boat shudders! Something just hit it.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Damn!

Surprise!

Xen, can we please put the body in you magical Haversack? NOW!

IF NOT (and only if not)

Cуровую motions to Grumble -

In Giant

'Strong one, get this body into a crate or barrel, now! We shall reward you later.'

Cуровую will cast Bull's Strength this round on whoever can benefit the most from it, Edmin? Jax?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Annoying beast! Quickly Grumblejack.


There's a yell of alarm from belowdecks.

(Oddly enough, the two sailors keep sleeping. Zimu zapped them pretty good, it seems.)


There's a barrel of drinking water by the mast. You'll need to move quickly, though.

I don't believe she'll fit in the haversack.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
I don't believe she'll fit in the haversack.

Really?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

You would have to break her down first into sections that would fit into the Haversack...take too much time.


Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:
You would have to break her down first into sections that would fit into the Haversack...take too much time.

The haversack's central space holds 80 lbs., and the two side pouches hold 20 each.

Believe it or not, there is actually a chart for determining random heights and weights. So, height 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 weight 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7: the late Soothsayer was 5'11 but weighed only 121 lbs. Man, a promising runway career cut short there.

If you cut her up into pieces -- and throw away a few pounds, half an arm or her liver or something -- you could get her in the sack. Bit messy, though.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
the late Soothsayer was 5'11 but weighed only 121 lbs. Man, a promising runway career cut short there.

Lol. I envisioned the Soothsayer like my friend Daria Zhemkova but if you told her she was more that 112 she would cry.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

We won't have time to clean up the giant pool of blood. Don't bother hiding the body. We stripped it of its things and hid those away. Simply tell the Captain part of the truth, we found her skulking aboard and chose to kill her.

...You know, I had half-hoped we could take her alive.

The tiefling frowns and nudges the corpse. That was a good strike though, Edmin.

Now, let us allow the Captain to leap overboard and deal with the ah..retinue?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dropping those stats into Google, it appears you just killed Daria Werbowy.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Does Grumblejack comply with my request? Hoping to get that throat slit before anyone comes on deck...if he doesn't seem to be moving in my direction I will probably take things into my own hands and just attempt to kill him without help.


Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:

Does Grumblejack comply with my request? Hoping to get that throat slit before anyone comes on deck...if he doesn't seem to be moving in my direction I will probably take things into my own hands and just attempt to kill him without help.

Grumblejack has different attitudes towards different PCs; he's friendly towards the ones who have gone out of their way to cultivate him, neutral towards most, and dislikes Edmin for his hand-biting dog. He was annoyed with you for the business in the boulder run, but that was a while ago, so he's back to neutral now. Ergo, a simple Cha check:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Grumblejack shrugs. "Sure, whatever."

WHAM WHAM

1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 ⇒ 17

He walks over and kicks 1d2 ⇒ 1 young Yuri in the head, twice, hard.


You are aware that (1) you'll need to move quickly, and (2) someone may need to throw a really high Bluff at the Captain? "Oh we every member of our party all just happened to be up on the deck in the middle of the night and now there's a dead elf here and a killer whale ramming the ship but the watchmen never gave an alert and, oh, headless guy lost his head somehow"?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren quickly cuts off young Yuri's head with his new dagger and then pushes both into the water.
It needed to be done... he looks at the other members of the party...and then stares down at his dagger...


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax and Judge can lie well.

Dren, what the f+!@? Neither of those soldiers was any threat and hadn't seen a thing. They were asleep and no danger to us.


Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:

Dren quickly cuts off young Yuri's head with his new dagger and then pushes both into the water.

Sorry -- pushes both what into the water?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Body and head...he then looks down at his dagger expectantly.

He was chattel, sacrificed for a greater cause...


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

There was no profit to be had in the sailor's death. There's not much profit in the death of any of Odenkirk's sailors.

Jax frowns at Dren's dagger.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Profit means nothing, we are here for our destinies...


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xen runs to the stairs down and shouts. TO ARMS! CAPTAIN A GIGANTIC FISH IS ATTACKING US! SOME ELF WAS ABOARD TOO! TO ARMS! GET MOVING _____ AND _______, NOW! The blanks are the names that our characters are going by, Xen knows them I do not remember. Note everything I said is the truth, I assume I can get to the stairs before before captain appears, If he is there then I do not call our people. Also not I am not saying to him that they are downstairs I just shouted for them to get moving, letting him infer.

Dren or Judge for the headband is better for the group, I think Dren uses more things needing a save. I have mithril chain so I doubt the other crap is better, we will probably sell that. the wand will be nice.


Dren is feeling very strange...


In the water, the dolphins -- chittering and squealing with grief -- scatter and flee. The orca is their natural enemy; only the magic and love of the Soothsayer kept them together, like a pack of dogs and a tiger.

The orca squeals and rams the ship again.

WHUMP


Dren, please make a Perception check.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 Not my best skill :]


The voices roar around Dren! Something terribly important is going to happen! The knife has definitely done something!

It's... it's...


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Please be the kool aid man!


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Any chance Jax could roll a sense motive or perception on Dren? He was keeping an eye on him due to..things he was told previously about that dagger. he's far from pleased that he didn't interfere with Dren's activity before it was accomplished.

In case he can: 1d20 ⇒ 20+6 perception and +6 sense motive

6,601 to 6,650 of 12,164 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.