Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


6,351 to 6,400 of 12,164 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>

The next morning, the Frosthamar starts up the river. You're heading in a south-southeasterly direction. The pine forest continues around you on both banks.

Late in the morning, you arrive at a confluence: another, smaller river is joining the main stream. This river is fast-flowing and has more ice in it. As you pass the confluence, the lookout shouts and points. A couple of hundred yards upstream from the confluence, a large herd of some sort of deer is crossing the other river. You see at least several hundred of them go past as you sail up the main stream. Before long, though, you've sailed past the confluence point and the herd can no longer be seen.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xenfal goes about his duties, making nice with all of the crew.

With luck if it comes to a fight they will join us


Meanwhile, in the cutscene.

Cutscene:

"Farewell, Suruvoyu Zimu, brave Sir Edmin. I shall see you again soon!"

The Soothsayer departs, but is coming back on the third night. (Which is your second night on the river, after you see the caribou herd.) She'll be expecting you with your bags packed!


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Della Part 6:

Xenfal came to slowly. It appeared to him that he was in a cell, it must have been one in town that they met Mordig in. He looked around in the cells to either side and saw the heavies. No sign of Della. He searched himself. It appeared they had found all of his hidden gear.

He looked out, seated at the desk was a guard, it must have been one of the blow gunners. Then Xen breathed in deeply, trying not to shout. The guard was wearing his hat. Well at least he has good taste.

Xenfal flopped down on the cot and watched the guard snore. It took about an hour before the door banged open and in walked Mordig. So much easier than I thought. Such a long time building your reputation as a slaver, and it took only a few weeks to lose everything. You are so easy to read. See?

He waved his arm and in walked Della, dressed in a Talingard uniform. How do you like the chains now sweetie?


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

In the morning, the Judge goes up on the deck and stands at the bow with his arms crossed looking at the land pass.

This is where my blood is from. These lands were controlled by Lord Varnith. Someday soon, I shall raise the Dark Lord's banner and rule these lands and all those to the south. The immortal blood of Lord Varnith and the powers of the First shall overcome whatever weak resistance the worthless population of Talingarde may present.

As he thinks this, the sudden appearance of the caribou redirects his thoughts. And he begins to consider the dream of the prior night.
There are those even among the devout of the Ninth who may be swayed by the empty promises of the sun wench. All must be reminded of the vow that was taken and the repercussions which shall befall them should any betray the Ninth.
_______________

When he has a chance, the Judge calls the others together for a meeting.
We are nearing the end of this part of our journey. The powers which oppose the First are going to redouble their efforts.

The Judge looks around carefully studying the faces of his companions as he says this.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

I would expect the powers aligned with the sun wench to use all their powers to defeat us. They may seek to use magic to befriend one of you. They may invade your dreams. Or, they may simply attack. However, in the north, I would expect more subtle methods than direct attacks due to the powers which reside around here, which would happily attack foreigners without hesitance.

The Judge looks at each party member, his dark and uncaring stare delving into the souls of the members of the Ninth. Should any of you feel swayed to betray your companions, I remind you of the vow we each took. A vow which is backed by the powers of the Dark Lord. The Lord of Contracts does not lightly treat those who violate contracts made with the First himself.

The Judge pauses again, seeking to read the responses of his team before continuing.

Which leads to our mission. We are to deliver the shipments on this ship, and then be delivered near the border. However, we have to eliminate the one with knowledge of who is funding this matter. Now is the time to increase our efforts to create a situation in which the Captain will leave his ship and join us on the shore. I have said my plan. -- Edmin challenging the Captain to a drinking bout -- I will hear any other thoughts or alternate plans you may have, but as the leader of the Ninth, the final decision shall be mine. . . And, I do not expect to suffer the Cardinal's wrath for failure of whichever plan is chosen.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I keep my word and I do not appreciate the implications I am hearing. You may lead the team, and I will follow your plans, but that is all.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Quietly

'And what if the subject of our conversation accepts but choses to remain on board or stay within reach of the waters? What can we, through Edmin, offer as bait to peak the individual's appetite?'

We could say Edmin's axe is highly magical, but again what stops the captain from just turning on us to get the axe, my first thought is we lure him to shore with something that is not already on board.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

A good idea to have a contingency plan, in case he doesn't take the bait.
He hasn't shown any interest in your female attributes, which means he is wholy of his own cause.
He seems to covet wealth, perhaps that is his weak point. Maybe we let slip that during our drop we are also picking up and dropping off a powerful magic weapon...a courier so to say, something the captain may take interest in. Something that he might want to try to take from us.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

That, or discuss amongst ourselves a great deal of gold in loud voices that we are to retrieve from a certain location. Keep in mind, as well, that the Captain has several seal pelts he is likely to want to sell. If he plans to sell them in this port, then we can get him while he is off of it.


"port"?

Ah, Knowledge [Geography] again.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin frowns and crosses his arms, seeming to cradle his ax. "As the fop says, do not think to make idle threats and accusations. You are the leader because of that damned goblin and you can be replaced as I was, so stick to keeping us organized and leave the preaching to someone else."


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Tohram looks at the group as they speak:
I do not believe there is a town here that I am aware of. Perhaps we could ask Nimby, but my understanding is that we are meeting with the Fourth Knot and bugbears. Not those who I can see willing to pay top gold for seal pelts. At the same time, the Captain's greed is readily apparent. That seal hunt was done in extremely dangerous waters which risked his ship being attacked while he was away. And for what? For pelts that may net him a few hundred gold at best. I do not think that we need to wager that much, this is a man who loves risks and is willing to place his and his crew's necks on the line for almost any gain.

Edmin's axe would be the last item I would want to gamble with, although it is an option. Rather, we have several hundred gold we profited from between the seal hunt and the trading with the northmen. It is possible that Edmin will be able to stoke the Captain's ego with a simple drinking challenge. A wager of gold will only increase the odds that the Captain accepts the challenge.

The Judge stops and pauses as he again looks at each of the members of the Ninth.
And, I am not saying that this is the best plan or the plan most likely to succeed. However, it seems to have a strong modicum of success. If you have other thoughts for alternative methods of convincing the captain to leave the ship, you are free to speak them. If we all agree that another plan offers us greater odds, then I am likely to choose it. Just remember, we have only a few more days to formulate this plan and insure its success.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I steal something of his. We get on land, we show him I have it.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

We need to ambush him...I would prefer to spike his drink with the poison or something similar and hope it affects him, badly. Seeing his axe I would prefer not to be on the receiving end of it. Stealing that Trident for example could make him come after us, then we ambush him somewhere.
The only issue I see with that is he will be expecting a fight, I would almost rather surprise him if possible.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I am just saying if he doesnt take the bait. I don't want to fight him by myself. But I do want that trident


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

He rarely carries the trident. Perhaps we attempt to encourage the drinking competition. And using poison in his drink could be quite beneficial. A useful addition to the game. If he does not agree to the drinking, then having his prized trident as a backup could work well.

I agree that I would prefer to not be fighting him with that axe, but we are going to have to fight him unless someone can get into his cabin while he sleeps and take his head off. Unfortunately we have been unable to get into the cabin yet, something that will have to be done to acquire the trident.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Get me a chance and I can get in no problem.


As morning turns to afternoon, the river broadens... and shallows. There are several channels now, interbraided with sand bars. Captain Odenkirk scowls and starts ordering soundings.

"We run aground here, nobody's coming for us. Trim that sail!"

The Captain's temper is noticeably shorter. By nightfall, Xenfal has had to expend 1d3 ⇒ 3 first level spell slots in order to heal sailors damaged by the Captain's swift fists and boots.


Do Edmin or Zimu want to tell the rest of the party anything about the cutscenes? Or should we let it come as a surprise?


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

:( no more spells today

Xen makes sure all of his bladed weapons are sharpened and ready to go.

If Captain goes ashore, I will stay and see what I can find in his quarters. Someone should stay with me to help me look. Assuming he does not demand I go.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

One of the reasons the Judge spoke the way he did and ran the sense motive was because of the dream (I assume it actually happened, but was just a dream). Nonetheless, it caused him to be more than slightly concerned.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

As morning turns to afternoon, the river broadens... and shallows. There are several channels now, interbraided with sand bars. Captain Odenkirk scowls and starts ordering soundings.

"We run aground here, nobody's coming for us. Trim that sail!"

The Captain's temper is noticeably shorter. By nightfall, Xenfal has had to expend d3 first level spell slots in order to heal sailors damaged by the Captain's swift fists and boots.

Can Dren heal someone in Xenfal's place? if so he would heal at least one of those.


Certainly. Let's say you do, then. If anything happens this evening, you have one less spells slot, and Xenfal has one more.


In late afternoon, the Frosthamar passes a ruined stone tower. It is the first sign of (maybe) human construction that you've seen yet.

The tower is on a long spit of sand that juts out into the river. It's perhaps five or six stories high, though it's hard to be sure, as you're several hundred yards away. Somehow it looks very, very old. There's no sign of life or movement in or around it. Behind it the dark pine trees crowd down to the shore.

DC 18 Perception check:

...or do they? Staring at the shoreline for a few minutes, you begin to have an uneasy feeling. There are places where the trees grow taller or shorter, denser or more sparse. The ground isn't even; here it humps upward, there it's level... there are patterns, almost but not quite effaced by the forest. As you stare, you slowly become certain that there was something here once. Something big. A city, perhaps, with roads and squares and buildings, now buried beneath the dark trees. Long ago. Long, long ago.

Captain Odenkirk frowns. "I mislike this shore. I want miles between us and here before we anchor for the night." He turns to snap an order, but the crew of the Frosthamar seem to have already caught his mood; they are hastening to add on more sail before he can even speak.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The Judge is looking at the opposite shore.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Curious at what the Judge is looking at Cуровую glances over his shoulder.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Xenfal does not take the time to look up from the sailor he is healing.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Hoping Jax makes his perception, or Edmin and Dren roll high.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Edmin taps Cimu on the shoulder and points to the other side of the river. "I think a city once stood there long long ago. See the way the terrain is not natural there? That may have been a road and there a building."
The knight shrugs and wraps his arms across his chest. His axe nestled in the crook of his left arm. "The North is unforgiving. Everything dies here, even cities."


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Hearing Edmin speak to Cy, the Judge turns around and looks seeing the unnatural undulations of the trees and terrain.
Interesting, perhaps Lord Varnith controlled this land before rising to his higher and darker powers. Or perhaps he was their enemy. The sun wench and her useless followers destroyed most records of the land to the north, yet it is clear from these ruins that there is a great and untold history here.

When the Judge has a chance, he goes under the decks and asks Nimby if he is aware of any cities that once existed in the north, particularly along the river with a great tower still standing.


Zimu and Sir Edmin:

You guys do remember that the Soothsayer is coming back tonight, right? Are you planning to greet her? Ignore her? Tell the other players about her?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

perception w/guidance 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Using the dark powers, Dren quietly looks over the ruins.
I agree, probably a city. Time destroys all, our desires are but small chapters in history...


Sir Edmin only:

Since you rolled a nat 20 on Perception...

About a quarter of an hour later, the ship is perhaps half a mile upstream. As it begins to go around a curve, you turn back for one last look at the tower on the shore... and stiffen in surprise. Three tall, slender figures are standing at the base of the tower. As you stare at them, you feel your scalp begin to prickle. Either the tower was built for halflings, or those three figures are impossibly tall-- twice the height of a tall man, or more. The slender figures stand as motionless as statues, but you have the very strong impression that they are looking straight at you.

And then the Frosthamar goes around the bend and they disappear from view.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

After seeing the giants, Edmin takes the judge by the arm and leads him to the forecastle before leaning in and whispering loud enough to be heard over the wind. "I tell you this so you can help prepare, not because I think of you as a leader. Cimu and I have been visited by The Soothsayer. We tried to use her to fight The Captain but she does not care for him only our part in this. She will be back tonight expecting for us to destroy this vessel and all on board, then go with her under the sea. She thinks we are redeemable, but your fuscked."

The knight turns and looks up river for a moment as he allows the news to sink in before looking back at the Judge."Fear not. I am not redeemable[i]. I do not go around drinking blood or killing servants for no reason, but I see no point to that. I have my mission to destroy this kingdom and its army. I will slay the leaders with out mercy, burn their homes and kill their families as they watch. I will drive their peasants before my charger and ride down those to weak to keep up. This land will be destroyed and any survivor who does not turn to the Dark Prince will be put to the sword. Do not worry [i]Judge, I have no need in redemption."


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Della Part 7:

I am an idiot. That short and simple thought is the only thing Xenfal could think about as he stared at Della.

Nothing? Well maybe you will have something to say to me as you hang. I will look forward to that day. She smiled at him and then left with her arm around Mordig.

Well that sucks don't it? The guard says pushing the hat up. I suspect she plans to do that everyday. We have to wait here for a few days then off to Brandascar.[/b]

Xenfal sat their in silence watching the guard go through his gear keeping some things, and putting back others. Before long Xen realized that he was keeping only the fanciest and most valuable things.

Xenfal waited until the two heavies were asleep and then.

You don't care about those two or this job do you? Just bring me a small pieces of metal, or one of my lock picks and I will pay you 5000 gold. I will get myself out, so if I fail you are not to blame, then give me back my gear and come with me you will be paid.

Why should I trust you criminal?

Out of all the people that have been in this room and were involved in this, I am the only one that has not lied about anything. Get a hold of the file on me, it is probably in the desk there. That is one of the ways they got me. They knew once I committed to doing this I would do it.

[b[Shut up slaver![/b] The guard shouted waking up the heavies. Xen did but he knew the guard was thinking about it.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge listens carefully as Sir Edmin speaks:
Interesting. So the dream I had was not simply random.

Now then, how did the premonition go:

The Judge strokes his chin as he thinks.

The Soothsayer knows what you bring.
The Soothsayer does not know your names, but she knows what you are. She does not know your faces, but she knows what you would do.
The Soothsayer knows your wave-road, and the day and hour of your passage. She cannot be avoided.
The Soothsayer guards against evil. She can kill you. She will kill you to stop you. She can kill you. She is in the water and of the water, and she is not alone. She can kill you.

The Soothsayer has a weakness. Its name is Innocence.
See sees, but she does not believe.
See sees what you have done, but she does not believe you are damned.
See sees what you do, but she does not believe you are beyond redemption.
See sees what you will do, but she does not want to believe that you will do it.
She is innocent. She is trusting. She is good.
Kill her before she lets herself see the truth.

The Judge pauses and continues to think. And how did Irin finish . . .
Tohram looks at the shore contemplating again.

What then must you do?
Where real gold found false love, descend as low as you can, hide, and wait.
Where faith's song rises, faith's light has descended. It will reveal you. Beware.
Know your enemies. Stealth is your tool. Know your enemies. Poison is your tool. Know your enemies. Trickery is your tool.
Your champion is your champion. When you face the White Hero, all of you must fight. But put him to the fore and strengthen him with your magic. If he strikes first, you will prevail.

As he finishes, Tohram looks back toward Edmin.

We must kill her. You are a Champion of the Dark Lord. No reasonable being would believe you to be redeemable. The question is how do we use this against the Soothsayer. How do we kill her.

We can delay her claiming that the time is not yet right to destroy the ship, but obviously she will realize that you do not tell the truth when we near the delivery point without having destroyed the ship.

The Judge pauses again thinking:
So, do you think we can defeat her? It is apparent that she "can" kill us. So, we cannot allow her to have the chance. I can stay awake and pretend to be asleep with Morsum keeping watch. The powers granted you by the First will be of great benefit. Cy can increase your strength and use her magic to harm the Soothsayer. But will that be enough? Jax can also use his magic to injure while Xenfal and Dren's powers can be used to increase our capabilities. In the end though, will this be enough. Will we be able to bring her down before she recognizes the trap and calls for whatever help she has?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Is this just the two of you or are you talking with the rest of us at this point?


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

If you are around I will motion you over.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin shrugs. "You are asking for the outcome of a battle that we have only the ramblings of a drugged up harlot as our Intel. Your guess in this is as good as mine. I can only think that maybe we can pit The Soothsayer against The captain and kill the winner. We can always ambush her when she gets here but that is not really a plan."


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Hmmm, that is an interesting thought. She believes you at this point. Perhaps you can claim fear of the Captain. Remember, it is his boat and you are fearful of attempting to sink it while he still wields his deadly axe and is on the water.

You could tell her that you are planning to lure the Captain ashore for a drinking bout. If the Soothsayer can set up an attack at this time, that would be optimal. We can tell her that once the Captain is eliminated, then sinking the ship and destroying the cargo should be easy.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"I Tried to talk her into letting us land the ship and killing the captain but she believes that the cargo is the main threat to the kingdom. She is not wrong in that assumption. To trick a soothsayer is possibly beyond my abilities, that is why I brought Cimu into it.
I am not sure how this will work out. I believe she thinks that Cimu and I shall turn to her for protection so when this all goes down a surprise attack may work. Then again, she could survive and her allies slay us."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

How and when is she arriving? Having a special "greeting" for this creature may be in order? If she can use magic transportation then she can also leave, maybe grabbing her as part of the surprise would be useful.
How was she planning to leave with you?


Edmin Al'Roth wrote:
"You are asking for the outcome of a battle that we have only the ramblings of a drugged up harlot as our Intel."

This made me smile.


Quote:
How and when is she arriving?

She told Zimu and Edmin that she'd come for them at midnight, and that they should signal their readiness by being on deck with a torch or lantern.

Quote:

How was she planning to leave with you?

This, she did not say.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

If she is planning on being on deck, I can cast Enlarge Person on Morsum and have him attempt to Grapple her. Morsum can also trip with his bite which is a free action if he gets a bit attack.

Also, one item which we have not considered which could be useful for both the captain and the Soothsayer is our old buddy Bref. Someone can give the skull to the Soothsayer - Edmin can claim it was found on the ship and he thinks it is one of the most dangerous items. Once she is holding it, if she is attacked, she either holds onto it, which will probably incur a penalty to her AC to avoid having it hit, or drops it for 6d6 fire damage.

Likewise, once on shore, we could give the Goblin Skull to the Captain as our "wager" against his trident. Once he is holding it, then we attack. He cannot wield the axe two handed while holding the skull. If he drops it, that is a ton of extra damage. If we have already gotten a few hits in, it might take him out completely.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

That's wicked, Judge. "Here, hold this for a moment..Attack!"


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

I had completely forgotten I had it. But it seems like such an appropriate use for Bref. Even if the enemy does not die and the skull is not recreated, it is just so evil and sounds like it might actually work - twice if we are lucky.

Also, as both the Soothsayer and the Captain seem to be water/cold based creatures, we might luck out and one or both could have fire vulnerability.


Well, as noted, she's showing up at midnight. Shall I proceed to that, or do you want to make some preparations?


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Lets hold a few. I want to make sure that Cy has the right spells memorized.


You anchor for your second night on the river several miles upstream from the ruined tower. The river is still broad and shallow here, and pocked with sand bars and shallows. The setting sun puts a long streak of red across the water before disappearing behind the dark trees.

"Same watches as last night," says the Captain.

6,351 to 6,400 of 12,164 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.