Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


6,301 to 6,350 of 12,164 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>

Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Cy and I have it as class skills as well. Cy would probably be best as she has the very high Int.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

bard :) but a lower int


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

After DM pointed out our lack of Knowledge Geo the 1st time at the mansion and the potential of what information we were missing I was determined to get it at next level.

He has since pointed it out THREE more times. I've actually cringed a few times for not having it.

It may be worth getting by at least two of us because, hey four of us had pretty good Knowledge Planes and that got us a whole lot of nothin when we compared notes.

DM has made it worth to take Knowledge Local and Knowledge Nobility very important in a fleshed out world.

I think I mentioned before I wish I had more skill points per level! I feel like I am missing some gravitas.

:(


Well, Sir Edmin still has a cutscene to resolve, but meanwhile I'll move the rest of you along. If he does something that involves the rest of the party, I'll retcon.

The following day, the Frosthamar turns back towards the east. The air gets a little warmer, but the sea turns rough and difficult. Soon you see why: you're entering the mouth of a large river. The wind is with you, but the Frosthamar still has to tack back and forth against the current. This is complicated by the fact that the ice on the river has only recently broken up, and it's still throwing floes and chunks downstream. Captain Odenkirk and the crew must use all their skill to keep the ship on course and undamaged.


Soon you are sailing up a broad, dark river. On either side of you are gloomy-looking pine forests. The river has broadened and slowed a bit, making sailing easier, but the crew must still be on watch for stray pieces of ice.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Who got to be the new first mate?

Question since it's been a few days, can we safely assume Edmin, Xen and I are healed from the fight on the small boat?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

The river must be fairly deep for a ship this size to navigate safely through it.


Cуровую зиму wrote:
Who got to be the new first mate?

There isn't one.

Cуровую зиму wrote:


Question since it's been a few days, can we safely assume Edmin, Xen and I are healed from the fight on the small boat?

Yep.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Cut Scene:
Edmin looks at the Soothsayer for a long while then stands. "You promise redemtion and healing in your home under the sea, but what can you do to bring back my dead companions and friends? Will you raise them from the dead? I doubt it. They are lost to me now, revenge has replaced them.
The knight looks over at his sleeping companions and shakes his head. "Of my companions here, the one we call Judge is beyond hope, he is and always will be a thing of evil. The female though, she is running from something and using any help she can find to prepaire for when it finds her. She is the most redeemable of us. Wake her and offer her your assistance and I believe she would listen."
With a shrug Edmin sits and leans his ax against his rack. "I will go with you if she should chose it, but I will not leave her. I do beleive there are some things to live for." Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

DMDM & Edmin:

I must be doing something right if you think I am so far gone as to be irredeemable.


Zimu, Sir Edmin has invited you into the cut scene. Are you down below? On a chilly night like this, very likely. 1d100 ⇒ 84 Yes. So, you can go back and look at the cut scene spoilers starting here.

Cut Scene:

The Soothsayer has ranks in Sense Motive, but she hasn't maxed out. So, she may or may not catch your bluff... 1d20 ⇒ 4

Nope! So, Zimu is awakened and brought into the discussion.

Zimu, it's belowdecks, and night. Most of the party and most of the crew are asleep down here. At the moment, the three of you are having a whispered conversation around Sir Edmin's bunk.

The Soothsayer turns her strange, filmed-over eyes to yours. "Lady, I do not know you. But I see that the blood of angels runs in your veins. And I know that the evil witch Elise Zadaria sought your life, and that speaks for you. I don't doubt you have been forced onto this path by threats or lies.

"Here is your chance to turn away from it! I will extend the offer to you as well. Turn, and you shall have protection from the wrath of the dark power behind you, and sanctuary beneath the sea. I cannot offer that sanctuary to the rest of your companions, but I can send them to a place where they will be safe.

"You are a student of the arcane arts? At Ys we have kept magics long forgotten by the surface world. You will find much of interest there. Turn, and join us."

"What say you?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax will keep belowdecks during the entrance into the river. He notices how hard the crew is working and doesn't wish to get butchered by the Captain for sticking his nose out.

He'll take advantage of the time to talk with Nimpy, if no one else is around (other than party members).

I'm sure you are looking forward to freedom. Do you have any invisibility magic you could use when the ship docks? It might be useful when trying to free you.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM and Edmin please read.

Spoiler:
Wow.

That's a lot to digest. First thing, have I missed a lot of the story under all these spoiler tags? I had no idea stuff like this was going on! Like these are major plot items!

We've had spoilers since the prison!

Second, I know it's just a game but I feel actually touched that Edmin would think I am the one redeemable. Smooch!

I have two end responses for our visitor and about half a dozen questions before those answers are revealed. I actually thought the soothsayer was killed by the captain.

I have a very busy next few days and posting will be light until July 4, will this be a problem DM, I don't want to hold up the group.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM and Edmin

Spoiler:
You should Google Daria Zhemkova, she's a friend, she came to mind as I read the description of the visitor.


Jax Naismith wrote:


I'm sure you are looking forward to freedom. Do you have any invisibility magic you could use when the ship docks? It might be useful when trying to free you.

"I do have a spell that will turn me invisible! But it lasts for less than a minute."


And a spoiler for Ms. Zimu.

Spoiler:

Basically, the Soothsayer has been behind every encounter you've had. You should have had a nice, uneventful trip. But she's known that you're coming, and she really wants to stop that shipment from getting through. (Feel free to go back and look at the prophecy if you want to refresh your memory.)

I'm not sure if Edmin really thinks you're redeemable or if he just wants you awake and nearby.

Note that in-game, the offer seems to be real. She really does appear to be offering you sanctuary and a chance to step off the Way of the Wicked. Whether your characters would consider it, and whether they'd take it, is up to you.


Cуровую зиму wrote:
The river must be fairly deep for a ship this size to navigate safely through it.

It is. It's draining a Great Lakes - sized lake.


Not related to anything else, but everyone feel free to roll a Perception check and a Sense Motive check. (No, you're not about to be surprised. Or at least, not this time. Just "noticing" checks.)


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Perc1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 SM 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 and Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Xenfal sits below deck , drinking a bit of wine, sharpening Della and putting his thieves tools away, after reclaiming them from Dren.

If DM can do a flashback why can't I? Not as well written as DMDM would do Part 1: Della:

Xen like Della. He had met her in the pub after his last slaving sale, and a good sale it had been too. Xen was flush with money, he had purchased some shiny new armor, a new spear of exceptional quality and most importantly an amazing hat.

She was a slaver herself and, as he learned that night exceptionally fond of bondage...and amazing hats. Not usually his thing, but he had never been the picky type.

It had been a good three weeks, but money was starting to run low, and she had been bugging him to go in with her on a big slaving deal. Why not? So what if he always worked alone? So what if he had always been warned that partnerships work great, until they don't?

He was decided. He rifled through his pack and found a bottle of wine, and some new manacles. Time to go tell her. he was in.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Xen I am assuming we can read your flashback.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

yep!


Flashback is good! Be interested to see where you go with this.

Zimu, Sir Edmin, feel free to continue with the cutscene (as time allows).


Meanwhile, after a day of hard sailing upriver the Captain drops anchor. The river runs broad here, between dark, gloomy-looking forests of pine trees. There is no sign of other boats, towns, or any human habitation at all. He turns to the crew.

"We are in the Northern Wild now. It is a savage place. It will remind some of you of Home -- the Glot-Köping Waste, the forests of Alingsås and Strömstad, or perhaps the suburbs of Tyrg. So we will anchor well offshore. We will need to keep a double watch against floating ice." He turns to you. "A bowshot of water between us and the bank will keep off trolls, ghouls, bear-walkers and the smaller sorts of giants. But there may be things in these forests that can swim, or fly. Axe-wielder, you and Witch-man join the first watch. Pick your two best fighters to join the second. I will wake myself for the third."


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I CAN SPOILER TOO-Della Part 2:

Now you know I have never picked up slaves on this island. Xen told Della as they lay in bed. It is doubling the risk of being caught, illegal where we pick them up and where we sell them.
But these barbarians on the western coast are all too happy to sell us slaves. That, and because they are their enemies they sell them cheap, and they are incredible workers. She purred, as she ran her hand down his chest. The trip is shorter, less haggling at the pick up and we can make triple the money.
Xen was silent for a bit, as he allowed her hand to wander. After all he had already made up his mind. Triple the gold, he had been imagining the clinking of coin ever since she told him her plan. But he did so enjoy her “arguments.”
Perhaps he could drag this out a few more hours at least...

Xen shakes himself out of revery at Edmin's boots on the deck. Xen refreshes his dancing lights and sends them out and around the deck of the ship.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

this is drens time. He joins the second watch. He looks to see who may be part of the second watch with him. .


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge will take second watch with Dren.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Edmin and Dren still need to roll their Sense Motive and Perception to help us out.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Della Part 3:

Xenfal leaned against the mast, mopping his brow before putting his hat back on. Blazes it was hot, and there he was surrounded by little better than pirates. Disgusting business that. Piracy. At least slaving was honest. And each and everyone one of them trying to get with his woman. Not that he was possessive mind. Not at all, but he had already cut one fellow up pretty good. He had only tide him to the mast and laid into him with his Cat-o-Ninetales because he was bored on the boat.

He heard the call from the crow's nest and looked up to see the harbor with the slave market in site. Even at this distance he could see the masses of people moving like ants back and forth. Perhaps this would be lucrative after all.

He judged they would make the port in about 45 minutes, so Della wouldn't be needed for at least 20.

More than enough time. He thought with a grin as he pulled out some manacles and headed to her cabin.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Well, you don't /have/ to make those rolls.


The Judge gets a few moments to talk to Nimpy.

"So we really are going up the Great River of the North, what the bugbears call Issyk-Kul... oh, yes, the bugbears have their own names for things. They're savage but not stupid.

"The old man was mumbling about this, but I didn't really believe him. Apparently the Captain has been taking jobs for some powerful evil aristocrat -- a man who pretends to be a merchant, but is really some sort of cult leader or some such. And he's opened some sort of trade with the monsters of the North. I didn't quite believe it... it's hard to believe that even our remarkable Captain is going to sail right up to a bunch of these creatures and say hello.

rolling some dice offscreen

"What lives here? Every sort of nightmare, my friends. A thousand years ago, the Triple Kingdom claimed hegemony over the North. But even then, it was tenuous. And for centuries, it's been pretty much pure wilderness. The first Barcan kings built the Wall and invited friendly tribes south of it -- most of the humans and elves and such. The ones that stayed got wiped out by the monsters, except for one crazy tribe of elf barbarians. So today the North is all bugbears and goblins and giants and a few orcs. Plus every other sort of monster that doesn't mind eight months of winter and a summer that consists largely of mosquito swarms."


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Della Part 4:

A good day of slaving, sandwiched by fornication and fighting. That other slaver thought Xen had cheated him out of some slaves. A duel to the death what kind of stupidity others harbored. Xenfal had been happy to kill him and take all of this slaves as well. The profits from this trip would keep him in booze and luxury for months. Not to mention bloodshed was one of Della's turnons. It was going to be a good trip home.

It would take two days to get to their off loading location, and another one to get back home. Xenfal had not been to this slaving port they were headed to, but then again he had never slaved on the island. According to Della this one was small by comparison. There would be a few very wealthy buyers, and one or two would probably purchase all of the slaves.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM and Edmin please read.

Cуровую awakes. Blinks the weariness from her eyes. Blinks again.

Cutscene

Spoiler:

She knows this is no Dream, but has perhaps seen this very circumstance in many a Dream.

She bows her head but keeps her eyes locked with the visitor.

My respects to one who has the burden of the True Gift.

I must ask why you have sought us out. Surely there are matters of more import to one such as you than a single lonely ship on the sea.

DM truly you have put my character in a pickle. How could I refuse an offer of Sanctuary? I don't want to hold up the group but, will it be alright to role-play this for the next day?


All right! Let's have some more cutscene.

Cutscene:

"This ship carries a cargo of war and woe. It is the sharp spear-point of a great power of evil. If it arrives, that Power will gain the chance to wound all Talingarde. Thousands, tens of thousands of innocents will die! A terrible tyranny, spawned from the Pit itself, will threaten all folk of good will! Perhaps the plans of evil might fail -- but the consequences of their success are too terrible to risk.

"The time to stop this horror is now, before it can go any further! Catch the pebble and the avalanche may never happen.

"Your path, both through space and time, has been watched. Oh, well I know! I have matched her, gaze for gaze... but for all its cruelty and cunning, that Power does not control your hearts. You are free to choose.

"I know you are not truly wicked! Now that you know the consequences of your actions, of course you don't want to continue!"

Sure, role-play away. Edmin, feel free to jump in too.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM and Edmin

Cуровую continues

Cutscene

Spoiler:

I would ask further questions of you, if you would allow me to Gifted One, for I can tell your nature is true, and your path may yet lead to ... Salvation.

For a brief moment Cуровую allows hope to linger in her eyes. Then the moment passes and she asks the Soothsayer,

Why did you make a pact with my cousin or those in league with her, when her role in these dire matters, as you have put them, must be as crucial as ours, why make us a solitary target and not lay burdens in front of her and her Knot.

Why aid her when her path surely leads to something profane and unforgivable?

Cуровую focuses a moment, a hint of concern obvious on her face.

My cousin has ... 'Something' of mine. What is it and how did she come by this?


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Cutscene:
Edmin still sits on his rack watching the two women converse, but slowly eases his hand towards his ax.


More cutscene!

Cutscene:

"I know little of your cousin, save that she serves the same Power that you do, and is wicked, and wishes you ill. This is evil's great weakness! The wicked are treacherous, and will conspire against each other, and can only be held together by fear and force.

"I would work against her if I could. But she is out of my reach. And it will matter little. Once you turn, her work will be rendered futile -- a spear without a point."


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM and Edmin

Cutscene

Spoiler:

Cуровую remains locked in the gave of the visitor.

I must press the point Gifted One. My cousin has ... 'Something' of mine. What is it this and how did she come by this?


Cutscene:

The Soothsayer looks sincerely baffled. "I... I have no idea. Did you allow her, or one of her allies, to get close to you?"


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Cutscene:
"If what you say is true Soothsayer, we must kill the Captain of this vessel. From what we have gathered this is only possible on land. For us to leave one such as this alive would be irresponsible of us. What do you know of him?"


Cutscene:

"I know he is a servant of evil, and that he killed poor Nerianus. And that the Mountain That Sails turned aside for him. He must be powerful, or serve a Power that is mighty indeed.

"But there are many evils on the sea. I am interested in him only insofar as he stands in my way.

"In order for the evils that I see to come to pass, both the cargo and at least half of your party must reach the camp. If the cargo is sunk, the danger is averted. If the cargo arrives but you do not, the danger is greatly reduced. If these things can be accomplished without confronting your Captain -- well and good! His time will come."


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Della Part 5:

True to her word, the deal was in the square of a tiny village. Hell had they taken all the slaves off the ship with them they would not have even fit. Xen stood next to Della in the center of the square with a couple heavies from the boat with him to look tough.

His trading partners approached. A lone man with Shotel at his waist. Like Xenfal he wore a chain shirt and had a fantastic hat. Greetings. I am Mordig. I understand you have a good bunch of slaves you want to sell to me.

Sure do. What are you offering? I have 150 in the ship there. Mostly men, young and strong. Xenfal replied.

150!? Mordig replied in shock. Much more than I expected. You should be careful don't you know the kind of trouble transporting and selling that many slaves could get you in?

Xenfal cut him off. Just tell me what you are offering.

I think I will just be taking them and setting them free and sending on to Brandascar my boy. He replied smiling widely.

Xenfal suddenly felt a sting on his neck, and some kind of poison try to take hold, he quickly shook it off. You think poison will work on me. Time for you to die. Xen replied as he pulled out his spear. Della you and me will kill him. You two go find the one with the blowgun.

There was no reply. Xenfal glanced to his left and right and saw all three of them asleep on the ground, small darts in their necks as well. Xen charged Mordig who pulled his Shotel and waited, then just as Xenfal was about to strike he was hit by 3 Greenish Rays that blasted him into unconscienceness.

Admonishing Rays...what a coward...can't...even face me... Xen thought as the world went black.


Hm. Does Talingarde have a special unit for dealing with slavers? Maybe once -- at this point, they've probably worked themselves out of a job.

A shotel is a gladiator's weapon, ennit. And three Admonishing Rays means an 11th level cleric, oracle, sorceror or wizard. Hm.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Yes it is and Yes it does. I am planning to live for a while. I leave it to you to figure out what the heck they are and who they are.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Maybe they were not green rays, but actually someone just clubbed him over the head three times with a green goblin.

At least I think that a goblin would qualify as an exotic weapon. Ok, not really very exotic, but I think that disgusting weapons fall under the "Exotic" category in PF.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Improvised weapon I think. 1d6.


Okay, going to move forward here. First, with the main narrative. [roll roll]

Hmph. Okay, it's a quiet night. A couple of times you hear sounds in the distance -- some sort of trumpeting, and then a bit later wolf howls. But nothing disturbs the ship, and in the morning you can proceed.

6,301 to 6,350 of 12,164 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.