Dead Suns AP by GM Cellion

Game Master GM Cellion

Maps on Google Slides
Handouts on Google Slides
Loot Table

Templates:
=== Initiative ===
[dice=Arcalinte]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Isu]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Spectre]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Solaria]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ted]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Sydney]1d20+5[/dice]
-----------------------
[dice=Enemy]1d20+[/dice]

=== Perception ===
[dice=Arc Perception]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Isu Perception]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Spec Perception]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Ted Perception]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Solaria Perception]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Sydney Perception]d20+12[/dice]


3,601 to 3,650 of 3,703 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"Yes, we found out about those critters the hard way. The ship that had retrieved it, the Acheron, was seemingly deserted and the rights to salvage it and the Drift Rock were in dispute between the Hardscrabble Collective, the Acheron's owners, and Astral Extractions, the company who'd hired the Collective. Ambassador Nor was mediating between the two, and he'd hired us to investigate the ship to see what happened aboard it, and to retrieve a package the Acheron had apparently retrieved out in the Vast...off the record."

He lets the implications of that sink in before continuing.

"We took a shuttle over to the Acheron, and found it to be infested with monsters called akatas, unnervingly silent with infectious bites. We cleared the ship and found the package the Ambassador had asked us to find but...curiosity got the better of us. We didn't trust the Ambassador as much at the time, and figured he was hiding something from us. We were technically correct: the package contained a Corpse Fleet operative who introduced herself as Hebiza Eskolar when we awakened her, and from what we could figure, the Ambassador was trying to get her aboard Absalom Station, sneaking her past Station Security. Thankfully, we avoided fighting her. She decided to close herself back in the box, and when we were asleep, she snuck out and hijacked the shuttle we'd taken to get to the Acheron. Our subsequent sleuthing led us to conclude that the surviving Acheron crew members had retreated to the Drift Rock, where they were subsequently killed by angry driftdead or a large Drift-beast called a garaggakal. We survived those challenges, and discovered the Sunrise Maiden hidden in the Drift Rock, which we claimed for our own and flew back to Absalom Station in triumph."

He smiles a bit.

"Surprisingly, the Ambassador was not upset about our snooping. He still paid us for our services, and apparently still likes us enough to send us your way when following the leads we discovered on the Drift Rock brought us to Eox. I suppose he understood that curiosity and some degree of recklessness are qualities that define the Starfinder Society as a whole...We haven't seen Eskolar since, though."

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

"It seems we have two leads we can follow up on," Spectre says. "Which should we start with?"

Good recap, Arc! Sometimes, I need one of those!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Waneda listens at rapt attention, tapping a note or two into her terminal as Arc relays his story. "Interesting, very interesting! I'm not going to go on and speculate about the Ambassador's moves here." She gives the group a sly smile and a glance as she types. "Which are, for the record, always just stellar. Say what you want but he's got a good skull on his shoulders."

"As for his motivation, well a lady can't help but connect the dots, don't you think doll? He's playing a big game with the Corpse Fleet, maybe one that'll go down in the histories. And ending them will earn him no small bit of prestige, both on Eox and throughout the Pact Worlds." She leans back in her chair and smiles.

"Well, you'll get to play your part, I'm guessing."

(Yep, 2 votes for a destination, and off we go :>)

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"I think you're right, Ms. Trux. Part of me wonders, given his continued assistance to us despite blowing Eskolar's cover, if his goal was assisting her in getting OUT of the Corpse Fleet. Having a former enemy, one who knows their structure and tactics, if not their secrets, in your debt is always a good thing. We proved that on Castrovel when we rescued a cultist of the Devourer from death. She gave us vital information to stopping her former comrades from destroying an ancient Elven temple and left that hateful, nihilistic faith behind to embrace the light, and is now on her way to becoming a Starfinder herself!"

He bows again, this time much more genuinely respectful than hurriedly apologetic.

"Thank you for your time and insight, Ms. Trux. It's been an honor and a pleasure. If you don't mind my asking, would you object to keeping in touch? We can always use more friends, and I feel your perspective would be valuable in my own historical research."

When they finish, Arcalinte turns to the others.

"So, shall we follow up on Fleshwork Fabrications first? I'd bet credits that's where our Whispering Gyrus came from."

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Fleshwork Fabrications it is, Arcaline Soter."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

"Hm, if you have some more interesting information for me, fill me in. No guarantees I can reciprocate though. Rules are rules." Waneda enters a last note in her terminal and gives you all a pleasant smile. "Well then, good luck with the Corpse Fleet. Don't go and die on us."

--------
After saying goodbye to Waneda, you make your way across the road to the gates of a large industrial plant. Tall metal walls rise up behind a chain link fence and a pair of wide, looming security gates. Inside the gates is a massive metal-and-concrete structure with a central tower that rises dozens of floors. Clearly some kind of offices. In the open area of the yard around the structure lie hundreds of circular pools or vats containing some strange undulating substance. At this distance, you can't quite tell what it might be.

A billowing scent of ammonia and cured meat wafts from the facility.

A sign that reads, “Attention visitors: Call for agent” hangs above an intercom on one side of the gates. You don't see any workers inside the facility gates right now, though they may simply be out of sight.

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Isu rings the intercom, then steps back feeling a little foolish.

"All this diplomacy is making this one's head hurt."

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

Ted bobs his head in agreement with Isu and checks over the intercom terminal for hackability.

computers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

Spectre looks around. "The security here is not tight. Perhaps we might look around prior to calling for an agent. If we call for one at all," he says.


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6
Isu Greelax Zyte wrote:
"All this diplomacy is making this one's head hurt."
Ted Under wrote:
Ted bobs his head in agreement with Isu and checks over the intercom terminal for hackability.

Sydney picks at a bit of lint inside her jacket pocket and makes a noncommittal noise.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"This one is very in touch with his capabilities and the world around him." Isu says this with a complete straight face and absolutely believing himself. "This one will get caught the second this one puts a foot on that fence. Though, if this one talks to someone in charge, you feel free to...wander." He pushes the intercom button again.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The intercom crackles to life undeath. *KRRRRRSSSSHHSHHH* "OH, HEY THERE'S AN 'OLE CROWD A BREATHERS OUT THERE VOX!" A squealing voice leaks through the intercom's speaker, only to be cut off by the sound of a clatter of bones. The next voice that speaks is more measured in its volume, but no less squealy. "Hey there Breathers! What ya doing out there in front of the gates to Double EFF? We don't sell no necrografts outta the factory, you've gotta go 'cross the street for that!"

Ted's inspection of the intercom reveals that its definitely hackable, but that its digital functions are isolated to this device. It doesn't seem to have more than an analog audio connection into the factory.

Sydney, what are you looking for with your perception check?


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6

Cameras, points of entry - forced or not forced


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Multiple visible cameras look out around the perimeter of Fleshwork Fabrications, all of which lie within the factory's boundaries. Each is a rather bulky model, obviously chosen to be a visible deterrent for any ne'er-do-wells.

The entire facility is surrounded by a chain link fence topped by barbed wire, then an interior wall of steel that rises to a height of 8 feet. Both are rather imposing, but also not very sophisticated, and a determined entrant could probably climb over both with some basic tools without much difficulty. The only line of sight to the interior of the facility is through the large front gate, which has wide slats to allow both visitors and the people inside to see each other. The front gate is wide enough that large cargo trucks could probably pass in and out without issue.

Sydney is fairly confident that these are the only security measures around the perimeter.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Yes, hello, this one is an air breather. This one has found a piece of necrograft and needs to know to who it belonged. The subject is a criminal and we are conducting an investigation to hunt down the murderer. Can you trace DNA or other biologicals?"

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

Spectre eyes the cameras. "Perhaps I can download some information from them," he says.

"Discreetly."

computers: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39 I'll use remote hack to download video from the cameras from the date of the intrusion, if possible.

Remote Hack:
Remote Hack (Ex): You can use your custom rig to attempt Computers and Engineering skill checks at a range of 20 feet. At 7th level and every 2 levels thereafter, this range increases by 10 feet. A target of this ability (or a creature attending or observing your target) can attempt a Perception or Sense Motive check (DC = 10 + 1-1/2 × your mechanic level + your Intelligence modifier) to determine that you are the origin of this activity.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

I am SO sorry to keep you all waiting. I got roped into helping my brothers and a friend make Starfinder characters IRL and after work the next day my parents wanted to go shopping, so I was so burnt out it was setting off smoke alarms!

Arcalinte moves to the front.

"Yes, good afternoon! What my friend is trying to communicate is that in the process of our investigations, we discovered this Whispering Gyre and we've been led to believe it was manufactured by your company, and we were looking to confirm that, as well as follow up on potential leads as to how it came into the hands of the person we recovered it from."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 12 + (2) = 29


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6
Isu Greelax Zyte wrote:
"Yes, hello, this one is an air breather."

Sydney's expression looks like she just smelled a fart. Don't call yourself that! She moves to stand in front of Spectre and pulls the Star Sugar Heartlove!! pen from behind her ear. She begins to twirl it between her fingers in front of the cameras, conveniently stepping between the android and the bulky surveillance equipment as cover.

Slight of Hand: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

"Yeah, what he said." Sydney motions her head in a slight tilt towards Isu.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Remote hack is sweet!
While his allies speak with the undead fellow on the other end of the line, Spectre surreptitiously hacks in the video feeds of the security cameras from a distance. He bypasses a thin layer of security easily and finds his way to the video archives. While the archives don' go back very far, they certainly extend back to the time of the event that was reported.

He quickly copies a chunk of the video archive that covers that time period.

Video, once you check it out:
The video cameras watching the front gates show two corpsefolk laborers working on unloading a truck in the street in front of the gate. They stack up cardboard boxes, ring the intercom, and then return to pulling more boxes out of the truck. While they work to unload the rest of their cargo, the gates open and stay open for them to carry the boxes inside. It takes them no more than 15 minutes, after which they wave goodbye to someone inside and get into their truck to drive away.

The only unusual thing during the footage is about 3 minutes into their work. One of the laborers looks up while hauling a box and stops in surprise. He sets the box down, seems to say something to his friend, and points toward the gate. The friend follows his pointing finger, but seems to spot nothing and shrugs before they both return to their work.

If you make a DC15 Perception check: Despite the mediocre quality of the video footage, you make out a ripple in the air around the gate just before the laborer points.


----

The undead on the other end of the intercom audibly scoffs "Yeah yeah, criminals, investigations, what a load of b+@*%!+s. Now I'm gonna guess someone got a sour 'graft and sent you guys are here to dig. Jokes on you though, because I don't care." The voice erupts into a rattling rasp that you take to be laughter. It takes a full minute to subside "Get lost Breathers. I'm expecting some Ministry sorts to come investigate, and you'll be in their way."

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"Those 'Ministry sorts' are the ones who sent us here."

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

"Curious," Spectre says as he shows Isu, Sydney, and Ted the hacked video while Arcalinte converses with the intercom.

"Perhaps we have already seen what we came for. Some kind of cloaking device has been utilized. I'm not sure if we will see much else."

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Hurray! First time I've really felt like I'm committing a crime!

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"Ms. Trux is the only regular person AT the Ministry, you think she comes to investigate each of these reports in person? We've been authorized by her to follow up with you on the Ministry's behalf. May we please speak in person, or speak with your immediate supervisor?" Arcalinte continues.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 12 + (1) = 22


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6
Arcalinte Soter wrote:
"We've been authorized by her to follow up with you on the Ministry's behalf."

Sydney stops twirling her pen, eyes widening slightly. Oh no. Have I become... a square?! She scowls, after this, I gotta put some space between me and the corporate machines.

S-P37 'Spectre' wrote:

"Curious," Spectre says as he shows Isu, Sydney, and Ted the hacked video while Arcalinte converses with the intercom.

"Perhaps we have already seen what we came for. Some kind of cloaking device has been utilized. I'm not sure if we will see much else."

The horror of her unintentionally creating the public image of an upstanding citizen abates. Sydney isn't religious, but gives a mental thank gods when Spectre reveals the vid he snatched from their servers. Sydney leans over as to try and not be heard by the cameras: "F^@% yeah! Is there anything else we can steal?"

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

"Arc, just give these guys the bird and let's move on." Sydney raises her digit in a half-@$$ed display at the camera to demonstrate. Quieter: "Or, you know, I could open the doors? Diplomatic immunity or whatever." Sydney was pretty sure that was a thing. Just like how cops have to tell you if they're real cops if you ask.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The undead on the other end of the line grumbles, but it seems Arc gets through to him. He says "Everyone knows the Ministry's strapped for cash, but sinkin' so low they're hirin' breathers? What's Eox coming to?" The gate buzzes and then a series of clanks rattles the structure. "'Aight, if you're with the Ministry, come on in. I'll meet ya in the courtyard." The gate swings open.

You're met inside by a rather disheveled looking corpsefolk (The polite name for a sentient zombie) wearing a set of bloodstained coveralls and a hardhat. The figure waves to your group before scoffing "Wow you breathers are even uglier in person." He folds his arms behind his back in a way that has clearly dislocated them, then continues "So you're in with the Ministry? 'S about time they sent someone, even if they ARE dirty breathers! Ya need to check out the crime scene and confirm my report, alright? Tell my bosses that I didn’t steal or lose the missing flesh, and it was the fault of the damned Corpse Fleet or whatever. Well? What are you waiting for?" He starts ushering you forwards towards the flesh vats, physically if needed.

It doesn't take long before you're standing in front of a stained but very empty vat set into the ground. Only a few scraps of loose flesh lie on the bottom, hanging off the rusty blades of some kind of gigantic blender. "There you got it. Empty! How someone could have stolen 1000 gallons of unfinished flesh in the space of the ten minutes the gate was open for that delivery? That's what you're here to figure out, 'aint you? Whatever reason, it sure ain't my fault."

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Er... well... SOMEONE could go into that thing and look for clues. How do we know it won't turn on and chunk us into bits? Where is your control panel?"

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

"A job for a robot. Spec, get in there." Ted looks around for the equipment's control panel.

computers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)
Quote:
Is there anything else we can steal?"

Spectre's head swivels toward Sydney.

"For some reason, I thought you were into piloting and little else. If you are interested in stealing something together, I will watch for possibilities. Preferably, not undead flesh," he says as he looks around.

Investigating the empty vats, Spectre looks for additional clues anyone might have missed.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6
S-P37 'Spectre' wrote:
"For some reason, I thought you were into piloting and little else. If you are interested in stealing something together, I will watch for possibilities. Preferably, not undead flesh," he says as he looks around.

Sydney gives a small smile and nod. Those @$$ hats deserve it.

Ted Under wrote:
"A job for a robot. Spec, get in there."

Sydney is fine with this plan. She takes a walk around the vat, looking for signs of how it could have been drained so quickly.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14
GM Cellion wrote:

The undead on the other end of the line grumbles, but it seems Arc gets through to him. He says "Everyone knows the Ministry's strapped for cash, but sinkin' so low they're hirin' breathers? What's Eox coming to?" The gate buzzes and then a series of clanks rattles the structure. "'Aight, if you're with the Ministry, come on in. I'll meet ya in the courtyard." The gate swings open.

You're met inside by a rather disheveled looking corpsefolk (The polite name for a sentient zombie) wearing a set of bloodstained coveralls and a hardhat. The figure waves to your group before scoffing "Wow you breathers are even uglier in person." He folds his arms behind his back in a way that has clearly dislocated them, then continues "So you're in with the Ministry? 'S about time they sent someone, even if they ARE dirty breathers! Ya need to check out the crime scene and confirm my report, alright? Tell my bosses that I didn’t steal or lose the missing flesh, and it was the fault of the damned Corpse Fleet or whatever. Well? What are you waiting for?" He starts ushering you forwards towards the flesh vats, physically if needed.

It doesn't take long before you're standing in front of a stained but very empty vat set into the ground. Only a few scraps of loose flesh lie on the bottom, hanging off the rusty blades of some kind of gigantic blender. "There you got it. Empty! How someone could have stolen 1000 gallons of unfinished flesh in the space of the ten minutes the gate was open for that delivery? That's what you're here to figure out, 'aint you? Whatever reason, it sure ain't my fault."

"Thank you!" Arcalinte says as they're let in.

He listens to the corpsefolk's insults and tries his best to keep a straight face. This level of casual racism was almost comical...almost, as it was a barometer of the general hostility of Eox to the living as a whole. A corpsefolk feeling comfortable using those kinds of slurs to their faces in public...he could only imagine what the other average passersby might be thinking about them. He grimaces as they're given the guided tour of the crime scene.

"So...enlighten a dirty breather from offworld, if you would, what purpose would this flesh serve once it is, as you say, finished? 1,000 gallons is an incredible amount, more than an individual private citizen like yourself, could probably use. What WOULD it be stolen for?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 12 + (1) = 16


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The corpsefolk, who seems to be Voxel based on his comments about submitting a complaint to the Ministry, grins at Isu's question. "Ahhah! Yeah, gettin' chopped to bits by the agitator would be pretty uncomfortable for you lot, huh? Control panel's right over there." He points to a grimy steel box that looks like its seen far better days. "Fair warning, he's a temperamental controller. Sometimes likely to turn off without warnin', or back on! HA!"

As if to punctuate Voxel's "joke" the blades at the bottom of the vat whir for a couple of seconds, spraying bits of flesh up into the air. "AHAHA!"

Of course, the malfunctioning control panel is no problem for Ted. He accesses the device and finds a pile of toolbars installed along with a metric ton of adware. It takes him a few minutes, but he manages to clear all that garbage and bring the system back into functioning order.

While Spectre isn't able to see anything unusual inside the vat, Sydney spots one odd thing: the blades appear to have some kind of small white objects stuck on them. None of you are quite able to make out what they are from this distance, and it would take someone going down into the vat (An easy climb, as there's an access ladder that can be lowered into it) to inspect and/or retrieve them.

It's not at all obvious how so much flesh could have been stolen so quickly based on the nearby equipment. It seems the staff here relies on a crane to lift the whole vat and tilt it to pour the proto-flesh out into some kind of truck to move it elsewhere in the plant. Voxel swears that there was no such truck near the vat at the time of the flesh being stolen.

Voxel seems to be warming up to Arc. When Arc asks his question, Voxel responds "This here'd be base flesh for making necrografts. After it's done growin', it goes to get worked and cured, then shaped, then we throw some good ol' fashioned necromancy on it to turn it into a necrograft. 'Course, I don't do anythin' other than the first part." He shrugs at the second question "Dunno. The Corpse Fleet are terrorist weirdos, not happy with the good unlives we've got. Maybe its for some flesh orgy or something."

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"Necrografts like this one?" Arcalinte replies, holding up the whispering gyre.

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

Spectre looks at the odd white object stuck to the blades once Syndey points it out.

"I am unable to run diagnostics from this distance," he says. "Someone should go and retrieve it."

Someone other than me. By my calculations, those blades could begin operation at any point.


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6

Are the blades harmless now? Or can the party disable them?

Sydney checks behind Ted's work to see if indeed the blades will not malfunction.

Computers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"This one sees how it is, send in the brave one who can heal himself with the power of the Goddess..."

Isu climbs down the ladder and tries to pick off the white objects...


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Sydney confirms that the blades are properly disabled. It looks like Ted's tinkering with the control console has made sure that they won't suddenly and unexpectedly start spinning.

Isu climbs down the ladder, and with a couple of whacks of his hammer he manages to loosen and pry off the hard while chunks. Up close, they look like large bone spurs or spikes. Definitely not something from a human skeleton. He returns with the collection back to the rest of the group at at surface level.

Mysticism DC20; Inspecting the bone spurs:
You recognize that these bony fragments are osteodrems shed by a particularly unpleasant undead creature known as a marrowblight.

Marrowblights are a type of humanoid undead creature covered in bony growths. They're known to be unusually vicious and hateful, even towards their fellow undead. Most live as hermits in isolated locations, either by choice or due to the Eoxian Bonesages mandating it.


Voxel shrugs at Arc showing him the decayed necrograft. "I ain't got a clue breather. That thing looks like something from the olden days, way old. And would it kill ya to keep it in a cooler or something? People are gonna get hungry."

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"You want it, then? We don't really have much of a use for it anymore," Arcalinte replies, rolling his eyes.

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

mysticism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"This is from a marrowblight. Tell me, sir, why would a marrowblight be interested in your flesh?"

Do I know if marrowblights could stealth or go invsibile which would explain the security footage?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

To the best of your knowledge Isu, marrowblights aren't capable of turning invisible on their own. But it could be tech or magic thats at work here.

Voxel seems to war internally over accepting the ancient necrograft, only to be interrupted by Isu's question. "A marrowblight? What marrowblight? Ain't no marrowblights allowed inside Orphys."

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Isu insists, "The Corpse Fleet probably is not allowed either, and yet here we are. These bone spurs come from a marrowblight. This one's knowledge is granted by Sarenrae herself."

it must be from Sarenrae because one morning Isu woke up and had healing powers and a +6 in mysticism. He didn't read anything that's for sure!!! :D

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

"A blight with an extradimensional flesh bladder sneaked in and scooped out the gunk?" Ted's brow furrows, "What necromancer does he go to with it?"


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

"Extradimensional flesh bladder" is my new favorite term :>

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

"If these marrowblights come from Orphys, what can you tell us about this place?" Spectre asks.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"Spectre, he just said they DON'T come from Orphys. This marrowblight had to have somehow snuck in from outside."

He also offers the Gyrus back to Voxel.

"Again, you want this? It's likely your company's product and we've no use for it. Or at least your company could probably recycle it."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Voxel shrugs, takes the ruined whispering gyre from Arc, and after a single moment's hesitation, stuffs it into his mouth. As he chews the rotted flesh, he gives the solarian a grin. "RESHHYCLIN'!"

The other questions from Ted and Spectre earn little more than a shrug from the corpsefolk. "NOFF MY BUISHNEFF!" He swallows part of the flesh he's scarfing down "So, you lot got everythin' you need? Obviously this flesh stealin' was 100% out of my control, and the fault of this marrowblight. You put that in your report, a'ight?"

Anything else for Voxel? And if you guys are moving on, where to next?


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6

Sydney stands aloof with her hands in her jacket pockets. I feel like we just have more questions now. Not like this problem actually affects me. She looks as if she's ready to move on to the next query.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

Arcalinte gives a small sigh as Voxel attempts to gross them out before they leave.

"Yes, Mr. Darksend. We'll make sure Ms. Trux is made aware of this information to get your bosses off your back. Enjoy your...snack."

Once the others are ready, he ushers them out of Fleshworks' facility.

"So we know that a marrowblight, a type of undead not allowed in polite Eoxian society, somehow got into this factory, not that hard from what we've seen, and stole a bunch of vat-grown flesh most likely at the Corpse Fleet's behest. We need to figure out where this marrowblight came from, how they snuck into Orphys without being detected and escaped with that much stolen meat."

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Let's head to incident report B. Details:

Spoiler:
Petitioner: Gretal Rapinder
Necrotype: Bone Trooper (elebrian)
Address: 5234 Bareknuckle Breach, Splice, Orphys
Occupation: Navy trooper (retired)
Employer: 5th Squadron, Eoxian Navy (retired)

Incident Details: Rapinder attests that around 00:00 (4 Kuthona), their flatmate Harvinne Nessex (also a 5th Squadron veteran), left their residence to ostensibly purchase new outerwear at a nearby flash market. Nessex never returned to the flat. Rapinder entered Nessex's room and found most of their roommate's belongings were missing, but that an audio-journal had been left behind. An excerpt from the audio recording is included below.

Audio wrote:
***- have been good, but you're too soft Gretal. I'm sick and tired of the way the Bonesages play nice with breathers. Just today, I even saw a group of those sparked animals walking through the Splice. I wanted to cut them up then and there. But instead I've found another way. The Corpse Fleet found me, and is giving me a chance to make Eox great again. By the time you get this, I'll already be turning my unlife around. One day, when we're victorious, you'll realize how right I was. -***
Significance Rating: L-plus (Known recruitment tactic. Bears investigation)


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

With an insistent Voxel following you and chewing on his gross necrograft, you return to the main street in front of Fleshwork Fabrications. The corpsefolk gives you a wave, insists that you go RIGHT back to the Ministry to put in a good word, and then closes the gate behind you.

With a second lead on your hands, you look up the address on the local infosphere. Turns out the address corresponds to a nearby apartment block. When you get there, the building looks looks run down, dirty, dark, well below the poverty line. Hardly livable at all. Much like the rest of the structures in the Splice, really. You take a rather rickety elevator up to the 23rd floor.

You emerge from the elevator onto a rusty metal balcony that encircles the entire building. The balcony is no more than 5ft wide and has an unflattering view of the nearby Fleshwork Fabrications facility. The railing for the balcony is rather low... and it looks to be a very very long way down.
(Although this apartment is described as being at elevation, the map doesn't reflect that - so I've made some basic adjustments to the map to show the balcony. I've placed you all on it. Hopefully its clear.)

Apartment 234's unremarkable metal door is very slightly ajar as you approach it, and you can clearly hear an argument underway inside. Multiple raspy voices jeer and taunt in Eoxian.

Eoxian, if you understand it:
"Must be nice being such a breather-lover. Turning your back on Eox. I heard traitors like you don't need legs, breathers'll push you around anywhere you want to go."


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6

Sydney makes a move to silently open the door from ajar to wide open.

Slight of Hand (door): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

She puts a finger to her lips before shimmering out of sight.

Stealth (Hide Inside): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Hearing the angry sounding voices, though not understanding the words, Isu carefully grips his weapons and waits for a signal from Sydney or one of the others.

3,601 to 3,650 of 3,703 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Suns AP by GM SnowHeart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.