Dead Suns AP by GM Cellion

Game Master GM Cellion

Maps on Google Slides
Handouts on Google Slides
Loot Table

Templates:
=== Initiative ===
[dice=Arcalinte]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Isu]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Spectre]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Solaria]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ted]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Sydney]1d20+5[/dice]
-----------------------
[dice=Enemy]1d20+[/dice]

=== Perception ===
[dice=Arc Perception]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Isu Perception]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Spec Perception]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Ted Perception]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Solaria Perception]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Sydney Perception]d20+12[/dice]


3,351 to 3,400 of 3,721 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"This one believes that not a single cult member survived the invasion from these undead, and we are left without a location of this "Ring." It seems our solid lead is this drop point...EOX-Or-S-5236. Eox? Like the planet full of dead things? Did we kill a team from Eox? But they are a part of the Pact."

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

Spectre admires Ted's work infiltrating the system and finding the remnants of the encrypted files.

"Masterfully done," he concedes.

As Isu speaks, Spectre considers their options. "It would appear you are correct. The cult has been ahead of us, but the undead seem to have beat us here, as well. It would appear we are third in line to unimaginable profits. We must take whatever shortcuts are available pass our competitors."

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

Arcalinte watches as they extract what they can from the computer, contempt visible on his face when they get to the "Sacred Texts" and their odious prophecy.

"Nihilistic khefak-sh!t...prophecy's been a broken and debunked metaphysical concept since even BEFORE the Gap! Yeah, you can use magic to see into the future, briefly anyway, but grand sweeping pronouncements about the end of everything will just get proven wrong every flaring time."

When Isu comments about Eox, Arcalinte speaks up.

"Eox is part of the Pact, yes, but the Corpse Fleet isn't, and that's who our 'friends' here were. And while the official statements from Eox condemn the Corpse Fleet as terrorist renegades, it's pretty much an open secret that its agents come and go from the planet as they please. Spectre's right. Three players on the board; us, the Cult of the Star-Eater's Spine and the Corpse Fleet, all racing to find the Stellar Degenerator. I think you'd all agree that such a weapon would be just as bad in the Corpse Fleet's hands as it would in the Cult's?"

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Two players on the board. Look around. This one is sure the Cult has been wiped clean."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Just checking in while you guys discuss. I'll take us forwards once you settle on where to head next.


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6
S-P37 'Spectre' wrote:
"It would appear you are correct. The cult has been ahead of us, but the undead seem to have beat us here, as well. It would appear we are third in line to unimaginable profits. We must take whatever shortcuts are available pass our competitors."

Sydney nods and pretends to thinking along the same lines as the android. She listens quietly as Arc goes into a tangent about the situation. Sydney pulls one of her many pistols from its holster and begins to spin it dexterously. She's bothered by the situation, but glad Arc is the one to passionately voice his displeasure. Cool guys don't look at explosions. And Sydney is definitely too cool to openly and vocally try to save the cosmos.

Arcalinte Soter wrote:
"...I think you'd all agree that such a weapon would be just as bad in the Corpse Fleet's hands as it would in the Cult's?"

Sydney holsters her pistol and looks off into the distance. "Well, I mean, if there's credits involved."

--------

"our competitors" lol

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Let's finish up here. And then at the ship computers maybe we can look for a hint of this Eox location."

Isu heads to the eastern door and opens it.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

Ted swipes a fist at a shadowy worm slithering just outside his field of vision, "The sooner we get out of this house of horrors the better." He prepares to grease what ever spills out of Isu's door.

prepared action, cast grease on baddies spilling through door

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

Spectre raises his rifle toward the doorway.

As Sydney mentions credits, he says "Perhaps I have been trying to recruit the wrong teammate."

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14
Sydney Jordan wrote:
Arcalinte Soter wrote:
"...I think you'd all agree that such a weapon would be just as bad in the Corpse Fleet's hands as it would in the Cult's?"
Sydney holsters her pistol and looks off into the distance. "Well, I mean, if there's credits involved."

Arcalinte rolls his eyes.

"It goes without saying that saving the Pact Worlds from a horrifying pre-Gap superweapon would make you an instacelebrity, which you could easily capitalize on."

As Isu opens the door, he resummons his solar armor and readies his curve blade.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

You move through what's practically a mirror image of the northern side of the base, walking through a small eating area before reaching a trio of dorm rooms. The walls here are dense with graffiti in violent reds and oranges, repeating the same phrases you decoded on the northern side of the complex "The Entropy of Existence is Known" over and over and over.

The beds in this section are not only messy, but also soaked with blood. In fact, much of the ground across the southern dorm area has splatters of blood where some degree of resistance must have taken place. Of course, there are no bodies to be found. A few personal effects lie scattered and broken around the chambers. A dresser lies still intact in the easternmost room.

Further east, another curtain blocks your sight of the room beyond the southern dorms.

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Isu searches the room, concentrating on the intact dresser.

percep: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

uh... taking a 20 if that is allowed.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

Ted's top searches for magic among the ruins, "Ya, Spec, make an honest living as a celebrity."
search: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Cast detect magic while Isu searches

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

Arcalinte joins the search.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Arc, Ted and Isu lead the charge on searching the cluster of rooms. For the most part, they find the same junk as was strewn across the northern rooms. But as Arc rummages through the heavy linens of one of the beds in the center room, he comes across something interesting left behind: A small datapad with a partly cracked screen.

When you hit the power button, the device turns on you're greeted by an animation of a dancing skeleton and a login screen with personal login info partially entered (You'll need some hacking to get in). Arc also notes that there's a credstick inside a port on the device. You pull it out and find it holds 1400 credits!

Isu starts by searching the dresser. As it doesn't seem to be locked or secured, he opens up the drawers one by one. Most have scattered articles of clothing (including a strange collection of boxer shorts with bright pink hearts on them). Isu opens the last and lowest drawer - and is only able to tell that its full of tech before a trio of laser beams fires up into his face!

Isu Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Laser Prototype trap: 4d10 + 4 ⇒ (10, 9, 8, 5) + 4 = 36 Oh, gruesome. Isu takes 31 fire damage after resist.

Despite their improvised nature, the lasers trace hot lines across Isu's armor. Only the armor's ablative plating keeps the beams from slicing off a limb (or at least cooking him alive). Thankfully, the beams sputter out quickly enough, the trap having melted itself to slag in the process. Underneath the slag you find an interesting cache of items!

The Haul:
A brown force field upgrade
A Mk 1 Electrostatic field upgrade
A bleeding fusion seal (6th level rank)
A vicious fusion seal (7th level rank)

With the initial stumble out of the way, you search the dorm rooms thoroughly, (taking 20) but find nothing else of interest.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

Arcalinte hands the datapad and the credstick to Spectre.

"I figure you'll be best equipped to examine both of them."

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14
Isu Greelax Zyte wrote:
"Two players on the board. Look around. This one is sure the Cult has been wiped clean."

Earlier in the conversation:
"I wouldn't count them out of the game just yet, Isu. This cult was already more widespread than we expected, since Tahomen's group was only one arm of their operations. It would NOT surprise me if they had other groups working on other aspects of this search, who may have been away from this base when the Corpse Fleet hit, who can carry on the cult's purpose if that wasn't what they were already doing. Despite the shabby state of things here, these people weren't stupid, or they wouldn't have gotten this far in the first place. The Corpse Fleet clearly saw them as enough of a threat to send what amounts to a military strike on this place. We just fought their clean-up crew."

Forgot to respond to this in my earlier posts, sorry!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Holding off for a bit longer since the forums were down a lot this weekend. BTW, if you already have what you want to do next in addition to checking the datapad, we can do stuff in parallel.

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

Spectre agrees to attempt to crack the datapad, wary after what has happened to Isu. He takes it and tries to bypass any encryption, though it proves harder than it looks.

computers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
computers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

"I concur that the cult is unlikely to have been defeated. This is but one of their bases--we will encounter them again, I am confident."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

After getting fried, Isu sort of... falls over and sits still for a while.

another rest!

"This one is keeping the boxers shorts with hearts. After taking a laser blast, this one deserves it."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

While Isu takes a breather, Spectre easily cracks the basic password protection on the datapad. Among the mundane data of day to day use, electronic messages between friends, gaming applications, and other ordinary files, you find a single video file labeled 'Do Not Delete'.

If you play it:
In the video, two cultists in red and black robes sit crosslegged on the floor facing one another. They chant in unison, speaking Abyssal, repeating "The Entropy of Existence is known" over and over. Only one of their faces is visible from the camera's position, but what you see is a gaunt, withdrawn lashunta.

When the lashunta stumbles in their recitation, figures that were originally outside the camera's view step in with burning knives. Together, they hold the lashunta down and start carving, stopping only when the lashunta stops screaming. All throughout, the remaining robed cultist continues their recitation.
---

Since there's one room left here, I'll assume you check it out.

You push through the remaining curtain to the south-east and see a room that mirrors the armory up on the northern side of the complex. Three rows of mostly bare shelves stand along the southeastern end of this wide room. Here and there, a dilapidated pistol or longarm sits on a dusty shelf. Three humanoid robots lie in ruin near the north wall. Each has been cut or torn to pieces and all three are covered in scorch marks. The remains occasionally emit puffs of sickly gray smoke. Lying on the ground next to them is another undead soldier, its bottom half a ruin of slagged metal and bone.

Perception DC18; if inspecting the undead body:
You spot some kind of strange grey fleshy mass attached to the undead creature's skull, inside its helmet.

DC24 Mysticism or Engineering can identify what this is.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

Arcalinte, drawn by curiosity, starts playing the "Do Not Delete" video, only to stop it as soon as he realizes what it's building to.

"No one needs to see people getting sacrificed today. Sun and Fury, I think I'm gonna be sick..."

Despite his nausea, he continues looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

He easily spots the strange gray goo, but lacks the necessary knowledge to understand what it is.

"Ted! Spectre! Either of you seen this stuff before?" he asks.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

"Looks like Spec's vomit."

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

mysticism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"Hmmm... disgusting creatures. By Sarenrae's breath, it appears we must go to Eox and cut down the Corpse Fleet. This one for one, looks forward to it."

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

Can Ted's assist mine? If so, we make it.

"That looks familiar," Spectre says as his database tries to identify it. "And it would certainly be more similar to your organic functions," the droid says to Ted.

engineering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6

After seeing Isu set off the laser trap, Sydney is hesitant on touching anything. Although, she will come up behind Ted and Spectre and look at the grey substance inside the helmet.

Engineering: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Working together, Spectre, Sydney and Ted realize that the strange grey fleshy mass is the remains of a 'necrograft' - a type of bioaugmentation that uses specially grown and raised necrotic flesh infused with necromantic magic. Most Pact Worlds outlaw the creation and installation of necrografts (though not their use), but they're freely available on Eox to those willing to pay for them. For those living peoples in the Pact Worlds willing to use necrografts, they usually travel to either Orphys or the Necroforge on Eox to complete their transaction.

Its not clear what this particular necrograft did. It seems to have lost cohesion upon the destruction of its host.

So with this base explored, things have become a bit open ended. I'll leave it up to you to discuss how you want to proceed. Once it looks like there's some agreement (ie. 2 vote rule) and a clear plan, I'll take us in that direction!

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"It seems we have a clue, then," Arcalinte comments after they've analyzed the necrograft. "The owner of this thing probably got it at Orphys or the Necroforge, and if we do a bit of digging, I imagine we'll get a clearer picture of what we're up against...that can put us in contact with their contacts, and help us pinpoint this drop point, where we'll get the information we need to proceed in our own hunt, and hopefully slow the Corpse Fleet's down. Either way, it seems Eox is our next destination."

He looks at Sydney and raises an eyebrow.

"You may want to stock extra snacks aboard the Maiden, Sydney...there aren't many places to buy food on Eox, and those that are...tend to cater to ghouls. Come to think of it, it may not be a bad idea to swing by Absalom Station before we make our way there. Unload some of these creds and spare gear, check in with Chiskisk so the Society knows where we're going, that kind of thing?"

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Back to our ship, then? We have armor to adjust; we must take stock of our equipment...Is there anything closer than Absalom Station to purchase new supplies?"

Is there, Cellion?

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

"I concur that a stop back at Absalom Station or another major station is in order. Dividing the credits is precisely what I enjoy," Spectre says.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

While there are definitely places to stop and shop before getting all the way back to Absalom Station, such as Akiton or Verces. There are even trading outposts throughout the Diaspora. Though the big planets have the widest selection and availability.
Before we get back to counting our credits though...

Satisfied that you've learned all you can, you return to your ship and blast off from the surface of the asteroid. As Sydney's deft hand at the controls takes you up and away, you discuss your potential destinations.

After the horrors of the asteroid, both on the surface and inside, open space seems incredibly peaceful. Stars float around you, the asteroids a few hundreds of miles apart. You shed the tension and fear that was pervasive on the asteroid. This de-escalation in tension is accompanied by another sense of relief - the maddening magics that settled across your party and impaired your thoughts finally fade!

But before you can celebrate too much...

Science Officer; Computers DC20 scanning:
You spot a quartet of tiny starships, peeling off from the backs of nearby asteroids and zipping in at high speed toward your location. From their familiar looks, you know them to be Death's Head Necrogliders, a favorite ship of the Corpse Fleet!

If you've made this check, you've avoided an ambush


Stats:
HP 41 STA 37 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | BAB +10 | Fort +7 Ref 11 Will +9 (FEAT can reroll w/ RP) | Init +12 | Acro +20| Perc +13 | Pilot +17 | Slght of Hnd +16 | Stealth +19 (MOVE ACT +10 if standing still)
Chaotic Good Human Operative/6

"You're right, Arc. I should stock up on snacks." Sydney turns from her pilot chair to glance at her companions. "I'm not good at haggling prices. I'll leave the sales to someone else." A small smile plays across her lips. Returning to civilization with creature comforts galore seems to have put her in a good mood.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
"Looks like the dead aren't done with us yet."

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Battle stations! Four fighters coming in at us. This one shall fire up the nukes and blast them from the sky!"

In the past Solaria has been captain. Arc, can you take that role, or else we could do no captain and two gunners. Honestly, as wrong as it feels, the captain is the least important...

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 6/6 | EAC 22 KAC 22; | F +7; R +12; W +3 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | Plasma Rifle (red star-class): +10 (1d8+6 C)

It's been a while since we had space combat. It seems I've been the Science officer and Ted is Engineering, ya?

Spectre presses some buttons, hoping to scan the ships for more information.

"Commencing a scan to determine the optimal course of action," Spectre say flatly.

computers (Scan action): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

I figured that would be the case, as I think I'm the one with the highest CHA unless Solaria returns.

Arcalinte observes the fighters, trying to get a read on their flight patterns.

"Figures they'd leave more than one rear-guard...I'm guessing they didn't want to tip their hand by just blowing up the Maiden while we were on that rock. Your evasive-action-game's on point I assume, Sydney?" he says, winking at her.

Diplomacy (Encourage, Helm): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

I'm assuming Solaria is out for the foreseeable future. In addition to being busy, not feeling into your character is a fast track towards not wanting to play.
----
Spectre detects that the four starships are identical light fighter craft. The revamped Sunrise Maiden is a powerful ship in comparison to any one of them, but with four... it might be a fight.
Map has been updated. See slide 2.

We haven't done this in quite some time, so:
Quick Refresher - you can all make your startship role actions at once (Science Officer, Engineer, Captain, Gunner all simultaneously) and I'll resolve in the order that makes the most sense. You can jump to a different role at the top of each round. This may be useful if you want to follow Isu's advice and switch between captaining and gunnery. If after moving the ships a particular weapon on the Sunrise Maiden is invalid, I'll switch your damage roll out for whichever weapon you could have used to aim at the target.

More info on starship combat can be found at this handy resource. Also check out the FAQ'd Starship DCs here!
----


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Round 1 - Piloting Initiative:
Sydney Init: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Enemy Fighters Init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Sydney reacts fast as the enemy fighters emerge from their hidey-holes. I've moved the fighters first, you can move second, Sunrise Maiden!
Whole party is up!

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

Ted jams buttons as his top bounces between his shoulders giving advice, "Engines powered!"
divert power to engines: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
If you send it to the engines, your starship’s speed increases by 2 this round; DC of the Engineering check equals 10 + 1-1/2 times your starship's tier

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"Sydney will get us in position, Isu. When she does, show them the Sunrise Maiden lives up to her name with nuclear fire!"

Diplomacy (Encourage, Gunnery): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Ted definitely succeeded with that Engine boost, so your speed is a blistering 14 this round. If Sydney doesn't chime in by tomorrow, one of you can feel free to bot her to keep us moving. That way you're still choosing your ship movements.

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Sydney please if you can, aim our nose at one. Nuke away!"

nuke from the front arc with encouragement and using computer: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 17

damage: 5d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 1, 3, 1) = 15


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Waiting for one of the PCs to bot the piloting and position the ship.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

I've moved us directly behind one of the ships. Moved 14. I think it's a legit move? Flanking gives any bonuses?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

OK, I think that's an OK move, so lets run with it. Next time, it'd be helpful if you could draw in arrows to show what path you took. No bonuses for flanking. Also, if you're doing the pilot role, you can give one of the piloting stunts a try next time.

Round 1 - Open Spoilers for Details

Engineering Phase:
Ted diverts power to the engines, giving them some extra oomph to speed ahead of the enemy ships.

Helm Phase:
Arc rallies Isu to greater action on the guns! Meanwhile Sydney takes the Sunrise Maiden in a tight arc to settle right behind one of the Corpse Fleet fighters.

Corpse Fleet fighter evade: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Corpse Fleet fighter evade: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Corpse Fleet fighter evade: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Corpse Fleet fighter evade: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
The corpse fleet fighters all begin evasive action!


Gunnery Phase:
Isu sends a point blank range nuke into the nearest of the corpse fleet fighters, but it nimbly spirals away from the missile at the last moment - the nuke explodes on the asteroid up ahead.

None of the corpse fleet fighters are able to get a clear shot - the Sunrise Maiden has completely outmaneuvered their weapons arcs, its seems!


----
Current Sunrise Maiden Status:
HP: 65/65
Shields (F/P/S/A): 50/50/50/50

Orange Corpse Fleet Fighter Status:
Shield Damage (F/P/S/A): 0/0/0/0
HP Damage: 0
Pink Corpse Fleet Fighter Status:
Shield Damage (F/P/S/A): 0/0/0/0
HP Damage: 0
Red Corpse Fleet Fighter Status:
Shield Damage (F/P/S/A): 0/0/0/0
HP Damage: 0
Blue Corpse Fleet Fighter Status:
Shield Damage (F/P/S/A): 0/0/0/0
HP Damage: 0
----

Round 2 Init:
Sydney Piloting: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Corpse Fleet Piloting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

You guys move first this time!

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Ok so we can't this time, but we have to stay behind them as they certainly don't have weapons in their aft. Cellion, would you consider rolling for each ship individually for initiative because even if we can beat 1 or 2 of them in piloting that would make a huge difference and shouldn't add much time to the battle since that is on your end. Also, Arc I think you should take a gun. Since there are 4 of them, all it takes is a bad rolls from Isu and the turn is wasted and we could get in trouble taking 4 attacks.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 6 Dataphiles | SP 36/36 HP 35/35 RP 7/7 | EAC 19 KAC 21 CMAC 29 CMD 17 CMB +4 | F+3 R+5 W+7 | Init+3 | Perc+2 | 1st 1/5 2nd 4/4 Cache 1/1

Ted takes over the controls and tries to evade the incoming traffic. His top turns an irritated red color. "I know what I'm doing!" He shouts at the toy.

pilot evade: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
DC = 18; +2 AC and TL this turn
Moved us in a hopefully defensivish position behind that asteroid and set up to be able to move most anywhere next turn. Separate initiatives would definitely be helpful for probably always having some target we could focus on.
Anyone have a higher than +11 piloting?

evade:

The ship moves up to its speed and can turn as normal, but it gains a +2 circumstance bonus to its AC and TL until the start of the next round. To perform this stunt, you must succeed at a Piloting check (DC = 10 + 1 – 1/2 × your Starship’s tier). If you fail, the starship moves as normal. If you fail the check by 5 or more, the starship moves as normal, but it also takes a –2 penalty to its AC and TL until the start of the next round.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 6 | SP 42/42 HP 46/46 RP 6/6 | EAC 19 KAC 20; DR 5/- Resist Fire 5 | F +5; R +5; W +5 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +3 | Perc +14

"Steady, steady! You may know what you're doing, but make sure the ship knows it too!" Arcalinte says as he tries to help Ted keep the Maiden on course.

Diplomacy (Encourage, Helm): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Sure Isu, I'll roll individually for each ship next round. I bundled them for simplicity's sake, but you're right that it'll probably make things more interesting for you guys.

We'll go for another day so Isu, Spec and Syd can act.

Wayfinders

Kasatha Solider 5 (Blitz) /Mystic 1 (Healer) | SP:52/52 | HP:45/45 | RP 7/7 | EAC 22 KAC 24 | Kinetic DR5/- | Fire Resist 5 Cold Resist 5 Electric Resist 5| d6 electric to those who hit with melee weapons | F +4 R +2 W +6 | Init +5 | Perc +8| Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 1/2 | Hammer Charges: 20/20 | Chain Gun Ammo: 40/40.|Sniper Rifle Ammo: 15/20
attack rolls:
[dice=paramagetic hammer]d20+11; 3d6+13[/dice] [dice=sniper rifle]d20+7; 2d8+6[/dice][dice=chain gun]d20+7; d10+6[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Thanks Cellion! Also, I know you want to do all your turns at once, but maybe it would be easier to 1) do piloting and move, 2) do everything else. Because I have to shoot a gun and have no idea what arc to fire from. I suppose I will normally use the turret, but want to shoot a nuke if anything is in our front arc.

shoot with computer assistance, turret: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 243d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5) = 13

Arc fires at whatever ship passes his crosshairs.

3,351 to 3,400 of 3,721 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Suns AP by GM SnowHeart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.