Dark Ages Vampire - Bloodlines

Game Master Dennis Harry

Bloodlines is a continuation of the now defunct table top Dark Ages Vampire game wherein the PC's have created lineal descendants throughout the ages.

Attendees seeking a seat or have a seat in the Inner Circle:

Assamite - Lord Bajazet al Nasir.

Brujah – Lady Meridie de Chancie, Lord Criatas, “Dark”Selena, Robin Leeland.

Cappadocian – Lord Benne.

Gangrel – Milov Petrankov.

Lasombra - Prince Narses the Archbishop of Nod

Malkavian – Antione le Fanu, Lutz von Hohenzollern.

Nosferatu – Cristo Petradon, Simon.

Salubri – Brian Stack.

Setites – Sadir.

Toreador – Rafael de Corazon, Francois Villon, Helene la Jouste.

Tremere - Radek, Mistress Fanchon.

Tzimisce – Myca Vykos.

Ventrue – Alyssa Gilbert, Lady Jadviga Almanov, Lanzo von Saschen, Prince Alexander.

Remember - only those listed get votes. Of course influencing their Childer can go a long way to getting a vote.

Social Combat:

Let me first thank Sir Dunstan and his excellent Game of Thrones campaign as the inspiration for this rules tweak. A shout out to Vitaliano who also does an excellent job as a player in that campaign.

Game of Thrones has a Social Combat system that, while not translatable directly, I used as inspiration for this campaign.

This is a proposed rules set and I am more than happy to hear feedback from Players before I implement it in full.

Roleplaying is still required to get your point across. However, I think a mechanical system could be beneficial for this scenario, a scenario quite unlike anything I have ever done in a Vampire game before.

Making My Case

To convince a “voter” to side with your Sire, you may roll the following set of Attributes and Abilities:

1. Against someone who is clearly NOT in your favor --- Manipulation+Subterfuge+Politics
2. Against someone who is NEUTRAL – Charisma+Expression+Politics

The difficulty of all rolls is that Cainites Willpower. You will need to score as many successes as they have Willpower to win the contest. Once you engage the voter, you will only have three rounds to make your case and can only attempt do so one time per night.

If you have Presence – Awe or Enrancement, you may attempt to use these powers in conjunction with the above roll. Each success utilizing that Discipline gives you one more success on your total roll.

Beware, failing in using Presence in Elysium can lead to Sanctions by Thomas Brexiano.

Also beware, Cainites may try to turn this system around on you…

But What if Someone Else Tries This on a Voter I just Brought to my Side?

Amount of successes is a key factor here, you will want to score as many success as you can to ensure that a rival does not try to take that vote from you!

Certain NPC’s already believe that others are in their favor and would never change their votes. Those will be the toughest cookies to break.

Note this system cannot be used on:

Your In-Clan rivals, no amount of sweet talking or bribes will change their minds they all want this position badly.

Prince Narses, he simply will not entertain such discourse. Of course, this does not mean you cannot try to get into the ears of one of his Childer to have them speak with him…

Discerning My Quarry’s Intent

How can I tell if someone is for or against me despite what they are saying?

Make a Perception+Empathy+Politics roll.

The difficulty is 10, less that Cainites Humanity score. Those closer to the Beast are much harder to read. For every Century over 300 years that Cainite has lived, the DC will be increased by 1, topping out at 10, as these Cainites have well and truly mastered this game to have existed for so long in the first place.

Once you engage the voter, you will only have three rounds to ferret out their intent and can only attempt do so one time per night. You will need to score as many successes as they have Willpower to ascertain their intent.

If you have Auspex – Read the Soul or Invade the Mind, you may attempt to use these powers in conjunction with the above roll. Each success utilizing that Discipline gives you one more success on your total roll.

How else can I make my case?

The use of Presence, while frowned upon, is much less cause for censure than using Dominate. Dominate does not work on a Cainite whose blood is closer to Caine than your own. If you seek to use Dominate to convince a voter (or perhaps one of the Childer?) to vote for your Sire, it would be best used elsewhere in the city.

Boons – the boon system of quid pro quo can also be used to gain votes. You will need to offer something of course that that voter does not have or cannot get from another candidate.

Eliminate my rivals. This one is obvious though failure to do so without detection may subject YOU to the Final Death!


1,951 to 2,000 of 11,955 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Xing Shi

"Very well you may bring your contact here since you know the way. I am not pleased that he wishes to have this meeting at night. I must tell you that I already find the request to be unsavory asking for a meeting to happen at night in my experience generally means that the nature of the activities will be immoral at best. Have you eaten? I can have a meal prepared for you if you like. I prefer to get to know someone before making deals with them and I know nothing about you".


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

As the gondolas move into the city the man at the edge of the docks comes up and the gangplank is lifted with him. With the poor lighting you are not able to get a clear view of him but you feel that if you see him again you will know him though at the moment he is not familiar to you.

The men head down into the ship likely to the cabins whereas the automoton crew continues to take its post at the edge of teh cargo hold. No sounds can be heard now exceot for the creaking of the ship. What do you do?


Returns to the Way of Kings Inn for another drink and then turns in for some sleep.


Shadow's Status

Sorry folks with the holiday and what not I was a bit slow in responding. Work is crazy right now so that is not helping things out. I will get back to a number of you once some of these scenes play out.


6th Generation Cappadocian | Bloodpool: 26/30 | Willpower: 7/7

No worries, I certainly understand the crazy work part of it...


Shadow's Status

Michele Querini:
You get on board the ship and head down into the cabins with the Captain and his two main crew men.

The Captain pours a drink for everyone but himself.

"Drink a bit to take the chill away from your bones my friends. Soon we shall be done with this whole affair and you back to your normal life Venetian unless of course you continue to associate with Sadir. That one is quite the snake . What do you really know about him eh?"

Before you can answer there is another man who pokes his head in the cabin, one you have never seen on the ship before. He is dressed like a Turk!

"Captain, I believe all is well below deck. I wish to slake my thirst if you do not mind".

The Captain looks back at him, "Here? That is madness you realize".

The Turk grimaces, "I doubt these westerners will even know I was here Captain".

The Captain pauses, "Make sure you cover your tracks then, I don't want any mishap ruining our deal. The Ghost is already out there checking to make sure none of the Prince's men challenge us. No doubt if this all goes well our next trip here will be much more pleasant".

The Turk bows to teh Captain slightly and heads back up the stairs, you do not even hear them creak in the slightest as he makes his way up.

The Captain turns to you again. "My apologies you were saying?"


Storyteller Shadow:
I have dealt with him for several years moving different cargo. He has always paid well for discretion and has not cheated me to this point.
The Turk, is he part of your crew? He could just go back to the Inn and probably take what he wants eh?


Max Blood Pool/Current = 20/10

Xing Shi places her hand on her stomach realizing she hasn't eaten all day and then smiles at him.

"I could use a meal yes, thank you. Are all of you westerners so hospitable?"


Watching for a bit longer, but satisfied with the 'lead', Alessandro considers the most stealthy means of departure.


Shadow's Status

Xing Shi

"Some but not most. We are a society that has prided itself on being a leader in trade especially maritime trade. Our greatest foe is nature and the next greatest after that each other. If one can survive in the elemenst where the winds are ever unpredictable and if one can survive in this city one can survive anywhere. It is why even Empires bow to our whims because we have achieved a toughness of mind and will they can only dream of. The entire world against our flooded city and for a millenia we have thrived. It is no easy task I assure you. However, ruthlessness breeds envy and contempt which is why we must at times show charity to others to take the egde off of such feelings and reduce the animosity that our enemies feel towards us. Or perhaps it is because you appear hungry. Either way you are the beneficiary of a free meal. Now tell me girl where do you come from and why is it you are brokering a deal so very far from your homeland?"


Shadow's Status

Michele Querini:
"Never cheated you? Oh I doubt that, he has an amazing gift for convincing you that he gave you the better part of any deal when the reality is much different. Be wary of your dealings with him. Oh I can see that you like his honey sweet words whereas my brash demeanor puts you off. At least with me a man knows where he stands, the same cannot be said for your trading partner".

The Captain chuckles asdo his men when you mention the Turk, "He coudl you are right but he is a hunter of men. For him to go the Inn would be the same as finding half eaten game in the wild there is no thrill in it. If I am dangerous he is lethal".

"Tell me what will happen next once this transaction is complete?"


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

Make a Dexterity + Stealth check to slip away unseen and unheard. The DC is an opposed check so the higher the rolls the better!


Dexterity + Stealth, opposed: 4d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (3, 8, 3, 5) + (2) = 21


Max Blood Pool/Current = 20/10

Xing Shi eyes the man trying to determine if he is being genuine.

Per + Empathy?
3d10 ⇒ (9, 8, 2) = 19

She takes a seat across from him and takes some food in before answering his questions.

"I come from the Yuan Dynasty, which you westerners call Mongol. My family was butchered when I was a child and I ran west to get away from the savagery. I made friends with some of you westerners such as Luigi and lived in a Monastery for many years. When I was of age I decided I wanted to see the lands of the West which I have heard so much about and here I am." She smiles a bit.

"I needed a job and running around for someone as a messenger is not such a hard thing to do so I do it and it keeps me fed, well most of the time." She eats more food watching him.


Shadow's Status

Storyteller Shadow ONLY:
Perception + Alertness 7d10 ⇒ (1, 9, 8, 7, 8, 1, 2) = 36


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

Would you like to spend a Willpower point for an auto success?


Choose life... um, survival. Sure.


Storyteller Shadow:
Understood. I appreciate the information. I am not put off by your nature not just used to it as such. Is this Ghost an assassin? Prince's men? You practioners of magic are a different lot. After a quick pause... I just hope that this transaction goes well.


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

Great, then we have tied! Re-roll your Dex+Stealth.

Storyteller Shadow ONLY:
Percaption+Alertness 7d10 ⇒ (1, 6, 7, 8, 6, 5, 7) = 40


Dexterity + Stealth: 4d10 + 1d10 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 3) + (1) = 13


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

Your feet barely skim the water as you swing onto the dock with only a slight thud. You swing your head to and fro to make sure no one is about and you proceed through the mist heading back into the city proper.

The mist is still thick and you hear no other footsteps on the docks with you when you turn a corner. Standing before you in the mist is a figure which wears a strange helm that covers its entire face. Its body is large and misshapen with arms and legs of bizarre proportions.

The figure speaks to you in arabic, "Nice night for a walk but not a nice night for a swim. You are fleet of foot and know your way around this city. I admire you for your skills. Tell me why are you out here this night snooping about?"


Shadow's Status

Michele Querini:
"Ghost is my man a silent watchdog if there are people about he will find them. Yes, we magicians are quite a bit different from you that is certain. I can not see how this could go well for you. You are not on even footing with Sadir or us. In fact you are at a great disadvantage. Sadir seems to like you though so perhaps he will bring you into the fold. I can see why he likes you, you have great nerve based upon the horrors I took you though your are made of sterner stuff than I would have anticipated". [/b]


Coming to an abrupt stop, Alessandro's hands are up, empty, with palm turned outward.

The young man responds in Arabic. "I'd much rather the term surveying, if you please. But, thank you for the compliment. This is my city.... or rather I belong to it. I have come to love and protect it. Come, walk with me... we can talk if you wish."

From behind his own mask, he watches the other.


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

The figure shakes its head, "You have presented me with a dilemma. I did not expect you to be able to converse with me at all. In fact I expected you to be rather confused and with your confusion justify my killing you as the death of yet another non-believer. So you see I can no longer morally justify my actions and this presents a problem. Instead I will ask you why you were spying on that ship in the harbor if your response does not please me I will let you know".


If the language saved his life, he might was well go with it. Alessandro continues in Arabic. "I can be full of surprises, Masked-One. I'd thought you read my mind and knew I spoke Arabic... I'll chalk it up to serendipity. Excuse me... cramps, you understand.

Alessandro squats slowly, working the kinks from his legs. He continues from this squatting position.

And, I am a Believer... in a great many things. As to the ship, I will say this. The canals, the ships, their cargo are the life... blood of Venice. Many people's livelihood depend on the commerce transacted there. Any threat to that commerce, is a threat to the people of Venice.

I bow my head and bend my knee to no Noble house, nor the Doge. I care only for Venice. As my father cares for Alexandria and my grandfather before him for Cairo.

The young merchant stands slowly then, reaching for his own mask even more slowly and removing it. I am Alessandro Khadaji, if you will be killing me... I believe that we should be properly introduced.


Storyteller Shadow:
I appreciate your honesty and certainly now know what a disadvantage I am at. We are truly just pawns in a game of cat and mouse. I just do not want to be eaten. I grin widely as I say that. I hope I do well enough so Sadir brings me in the fold as I am frightened and fascinated at what I can learn and behold.


Shadow's Status

Xing Shi

"Then it seems that this is a better life for you than I would have expected. What about settling down to raise a family is this not something you desire?"


Shadow's Status

Michele Querini:
The Captain smiles at you though there is no warmth in.it, no this is the smile of the predator about to ensnare prey.

"I am happy to be of service Signore. Perhaps in the future you will find my services useful again"


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

The figure standing before you makes a gurgling sound which creates a wave of revulsion in the pit of your stomach, from the way this man gesticulates it would appear that he is... laughing.

After some time the figure settles down. "A most entertaining response Alessandro Khadaji. So you are the protector of this city then. I see. Tell me is there something that you found on the ship that the city needs protecting from?"


Spends most of the evening in ferverent prayer


Once more in Arabic. I am entertaining, but not daft nor as ignorant as I'd or others would have me. Certainly, there were things. But, I know my place and my depth. It is of no immediate concern to me.

We both originally come from a culture of hospitality. How may I help you? How may I be of service... I know not your name, please do not think me rude.


Max Blood Pool/Current = 20/10

Xing Shi laughs a bit out loud at the comment of children.

"I do not believe I ever want children, they seem to be more trouble than they are worth and having my freedom to move about as I like is what I prefer."

"Your son and his friends always seem to stir up a rising wherever they seem to go I do not want that in my life to worry about children."


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

In arabic.

"So you were simply curious about the ship then that sailed in at night and sat in a fog filled dock. Certainly suspicious to one who would wish to protect their homeland, albeit it one controlled by Infidels".

The figure pauses for a moment and begins to gurgle the sound omce more forcing bile to rise in the back of your throat. This figure is likely very sick, the word figure sticks in your mind as though it stands and speaks as a man its shape borders on otherworldly. "You may do me a favor yet Alessandro Khadaji. Those who know of me call me the Ghost you will refer to me not at all if you wish to keep your pretty face intact. Know this, those souls being transported into the city will be staying at a place called Greetings at least for as long as they will be in the city. My foes to whom I am forced to be subservient have great plans for these people. My foes are non-believers in the truest sense of the world. They follow none of the holy books and worship their own dark masters. If you would protect this city you would do well to unravel their schemes. That is what I ask of you and nothing more. This is something you would do anyway. My foes have made a crucial mistake, they believe that danger exists only in the form of their own kind, I think that you Alessandro Khadaji may prove them very wrong indeed".

Ghost begisn to recede into the fog surrounding the building.

What do you do?


Shadow's Status

Xing Shi

"A pity then, my son needs a strong woman to direct him. None in this city suit his fancy. Let me know if you would reconsider, I find your exotic nature quite intriguing and I believe that he would too. When you are finished with your food you may take your leave. I look forward to meeting with you and your associate tomorrow evening. If you do not mind please dress in something more feminine I would prefer it that way".

The Querini Patriarch walks out of the room leaving you there by yourself.


Max Blood Pool/Current = 20/10

Xing Shi finishes up her meal and then heads back to her flat as she is pretty exhausted from a long day and full stomach.


Once or even now at your core... a servant of Allah?


Shadow's Status

Alessandro Khadaji

"La ilaha illa Allah", the figure whispers back to you from fog.


Shadow's Status

And so the first half of the night is complete. Some of you have nestled down for the night whereas some of youhave matters left unattended. Those of you who have matters left unattended I will get to as soon as I can - Gunther, Michael, and Michele.


Bowing and stepping backwards, "Mohamed rasuul Allah." Finding more shadow within the fog, Alessandro once more sons the mask of I'll Corvo, and heads away from the docks.


Alessandro Khadaji wrote:
Bowing and stepping backwards, "Mohamed rasuul Allah." Finding more shadow within the fog, Alessandro once more sons the mask of I'll Corvo, and heads away from the docks.

Oy!

Bowing and stepping backwards, "Mohamed rasuul Allah." Finding more shadow within the fog, Alessandro once more dons the mask of Il Corvo, and heads away from the docks.


Storyteller Shadow:
Indeed. How would I contact you?


Shadow's Status

Michele Querini:
"I am sure you will manage a way".


Storyteller Shadow:
So true. When the last are loaded I will head back to the inn to make sure all is well. Also hoping that I see Sadir for the balance of payment.


Shadow's Status

Gunther Thesing & Michael Santo:
After hours of waiting Hans finally returns. "You have not to worry Michael, there are agents in place to deal with the things that need to be dealt with. However, I should like to visit this Inn of yours tonight Gunther, it seems an old friend will be there and I do not wish to miss him. Let us make our way there now".


Shadow's Status

Michele Querini:
For the final run you board a gondola and head to Greetings. You are completely exhausted and a bit buzzed from the Captain's drinks. Arriving at the Inn you see that Sadir is already there speaking with Mr. Kestral. Radek bypasses you saying nothing merely hobbling on wooden crutches to a gondola. He is no longer pale but instead quite flush. Do you speak Greek? If so you may listen in on Sadir's conversation. I will allow you to buy Greek if you gave the XP and inclination to do so.


Storyteller Shadow:
I have a 1 linguistics so what would it be to buy a second dot for Greek?


Gunther Thesing & Michael Santo:

Spoiler:

"Fine with me. Beats sitting around here."


Michael gathers his things, thanks Anya for the meal and makes takes his leave for Gondola "is there anyway for us to handle this event?" michael ask "Hans"


Shadow's Status

Gunther Thesing & Michael Santo:
"No. The man who is preparing events for the evening is not someone to be crossed, not even by me. Take your time getting us there Michael, we will want him to be gone before we arrive. I would wish to see my friend without his watchful eye present. Also, Mr. Thesing you will be able to inspect your Inn and ensure that things are proper and no harm has come to your property".


Shadow's Status

Michele Querini:
It will cost 2 XP. We can say that you had been working on Greek as BYzantium is still alarge trading partner with Venice despite what took place in the 4th Crusade.

1,951 to 2,000 of 11,955 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bloodlines - A Dark Ages V20 Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.