DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP

Game Master Franz Lunzer


251 to 300 of 673 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Technician 17

Hey guys!

Sorry to have not been able to get online earlier. A storm killed my laptops power unit, and the iPhone with it due to me trying to software update it during a storm.

The laptop's still not working but the iPhone does now. I don't know how much longer I have to endure in this state.

I will pick up the game once I have working Internet again, but it might take another week or two. I hope you are still around by then.

Sorry.

So long,

Dark Archive

Franz Lunzer wrote:

Hey guys!

Sorry to have not been able to get online earlier. A storm killed my laptops power unit, and the iPhone with it due to me trying to software update it during a storm.

The laptop's still not working but the iPhone does now. I don't know how much longer I have to endure in this state.

I will pick up the game once I have working Internet again, but it might take another week or two. I hope you are still around by then.

Sorry.

So long,

I'll be ready and waiting boss. :)


Sweet! It's nice to see something comes back from the dead.

Well, except for that story "The Monkey's Paw".


Gamemaster

Quick update: the service guys think it's going to be another week until they get the necessary part for the repair. Oh boy.

Grand Lodge

Yaa!


male Human 8th level seeker/6th level gamer /4th level bad speller

cool man, we can wait

Dark Archive

Experiencing computer issues, won't be available much for an unknown amount of time. Back ASAP. Sorry.


Gamemaster

DAMN customer service...

They say they didn't get the needed part as of yet...
"Next week? .. Maybe?"

I'd buy a new laptab, but another 800€uros is a bit of an investment.

Grand Lodge

It's ok, Rome wasn't built in a day... and neither will the Great Kingdom of Queslinia!

Grand Lodge

Mabye Queslinvania or Queslilvania?

Dark Archive

I think the time for naming the nation will come at a later time. Things could happen, people could die. I wouldn't want us to settle on a name and then things change and we have to come up with another name.


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

You are probably right... But if you want big things to happen you have to have big dreams. Like my dream of Queslonia!


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

I prefer Agerronia!


Big Ern's House of Moonshine 'n' Hookers!


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

While I will admit Big Ern's House of Moonshine 'n' Hookers has a certain ring to it and Agerronia rolls of the tongue very well, Queslonia has gravitas and solicits pleasant imagery.


Gamemaster

I'm glad you all are still around, even though I ain't...

Status: that damnable shop to where I brought my laptab doesn't answer my calls anymore... I'm going to have to show up there personally, but it's not on my route to work or home.
I got no info if they received the part they were missing or not, but the signs point to 'stuff it'.
I just hope I can get my laptab back in a somewhat civilised order, and bring it to another place where they are able to get it repaired in a decent amount of time.

Sorry folks.

(Whishful thinking: they got a spare laptop I can loan)


male Human 8th level seeker/6th level gamer /4th level bad speller

no Worrys man, stuff happens. If ya recall I have had it happen twice to me :)


Male Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"Also if we need a name for a kingdom that will bring civilization to the wilds, then Abadarin would be a fine choose I think"


Queslin wrote:
While I will admit Big Ern's House of Moonshine 'n' Hookers has a certain ring to it and Agerronia rolls of the tongue very well, Queslonia has gravitas and solicits pleasant imagery.

You don't get a vote -- BEHoMnH isn't a democracy. Hell, it isn't even an oligarchy. More like an anarchy.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2
Big Ern wrote:
Queslin wrote:
While I will admit Big Ern's House of Moonshine 'n' Hookers has a certain ring to it and Agerronia rolls of the tongue very well, Queslonia has gravitas and solicits pleasant imagery.
You don't get a vote -- BEHoMnH isn't a democracy. Hell, it isn't even an oligarchy. More like an anarchy.

Maybe we could work a deal. We'll call the country Agerronia, but Big Ern's House of Moonshine and Hookers can be its own independant city where Big Ern is the primary religious leader in the country.


male Human 8th level seeker/6th level gamer /4th level bad speller

sounds more like the official brothel really

Dark Archive

DM Sothal wrote:
I'm glad you all are still around, even though I ain't...

Still ready and waiting dude.


Gamemaster

Good news!

Looks like I'm going to get a repaired laptab sometimes this week!

So, I'm thinking of starting this game up again.
For this I'd need a count of who's still in, how many we lost, what's your status?

yours,
DM


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

The dream that is Queslonia continues.


I'm still here and interesting in updating Big Ern to use some APG stuff, if possible. (Drunken Brute, here I come!)


male High Elf Ranger 1 | AC: 16 T:13 F:13| HP: 12/12| Fort: +3 Ref: +6 Will -1 | Perc: +6 | Init: +4

That does seem just right for him. I'll take a look at some APG stuff for Queslin too. Maybe there's something interesting for him to take.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle 2

Agerronia, with it's capital of Big Ern's House of Moonshine 'n' Hookers will rise!


Gamemaster

I haven't recieved the APG yet (should arrive any day now though) and I haven't looked into the pdf (without laptab?), so let's leave it out for now, okay?

So, Agerron, Big Ern and Queslin are here, what about the rest?

Memento Mori / Matius
Seekerofshadowlight / Branomonrik
Kevin Mack / Majet
All DMs / Michael
Justin Sluder / Devlin

Dark Archive

Still here


male Human 8th level seeker/6th level gamer /4th level bad speller

still here as well, just had not noticed this. I think you can count mori out, he just started collage on the other side of the state, I am not sure if he is even checking this anymore.


DM Sothal wrote:
I haven't recieved the APG yet (should arrive any day now though) and I haven't looked into the pdf (without laptab?), so let's leave it out for now, okay?

No worries, but I hope we can discuss it at a future date.

DM Sothal wrote:

So, Agerron, Big Ern and Queslin are here, what about the rest?

Memento Mori / Matius
Seekerofshadowlight / Branomonrik
Kevin Mack / Majet
All DMs / Michael
Justin Sluder / Devlin

Memento Mori is long gone...


Gamemaster

Okay, counting Memento Mori out, that leaves me to hear from All DMs (who's probably around but unaware) and Justin Sluder.

Looks good though.

Got my Laptab back yesterday, newly setup though.
I hope to be able to restart this one next monday though.


Ready to rock and roll, even with the "nerfing" Summoners received in the APG final. :p


I'm about but my character is in the fort/store, which suits me for the moment as Franz is aware from seekers game.


Gamemaster

Okay, in a short ammount of time, I'm going to post again in the PBP, kick-starting it right where we left of:

Michael (and Matius) are back at the fort.
Aggeron, Big Ern, Branomonrik, Devlin and Majet are a bit out waiting for Queslin and Delfey to come back from spying on the bandit's camp.
And those two doing the spying are just about to get busted. ;p


DM Sothal: check pg 31 for the map of the Thorn River Camp.


Gamemaster

Thanks, I know of that map, but my game isn't 100% out of the book.
For example, I altered the position of one of the watchposts, had to adjust the overall size of the encampment...

I could have made it easy for me, but I somehow didn't really like the map (and the camp as a whole), so I took inspiration from it, changed some parts, and so on.


Understood Boss, just pointing it out in case you missed it.


Agerron/Bryan, if you give Devlin the gp, he'll make some boots of expeditious retreat at 3rd level. Assuming the GM will allow such things.


Gamemaster

No objection to Boots of running ;)


DM Sothal wrote:
No objection to Boots of running ;)

Excellent good sir, thank you.

Also, the offer is open to everyone in the group. You toss me the gold to make stuff, and I will, once I'm able. :)


Why do I picture a "Oh No They Killed Kenny" moment when the eidron perished?

Knowing nothing about summoners, I don't know how traumatic that is.


Gamemaster

It takes him a minute to summon him again at half hp. (IIRC)


Gamemaster
DM Sothal wrote:
It takes him a minute to summon him again at half hp. (IIRC)

Re-reading that portion of rulestext, he's gone until the next day. My bad.

Dark Archive

male human
Black Fang wrote:
DM Sothal wrote:
No objection to Boots of running ;)

Excellent good sir, thank you.

Also, the offer is open to everyone in the group. You toss me the gold to make stuff, and I will, once I'm able. :)

Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on it, if this sort of thing happens a lot (and after I get my magical weapon and armor, of course. Can't be an oracle of battle with oridnary stuff!)


Submitted for approval:

Boots of Running
Aura
faint transmutation; CL 1st
Slot feet; Price 4,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
These sleek, polished leather boots are designed for speed. Any who wear them are continuously under the effects of expeditious retreat.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, expeditious retreat; Cost 2,000 gp


Gamemaster
Black Fang wrote:

Submitted for approval:

Boots of Running
Aura
faint transmutation; CL 1st
Slot feet; Price 4,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
These sleek, polished leather boots are designed for speed. Any who wear them are continuously under the effects of expeditious retreat.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, expeditious retreat; Cost 2,000 gp

Seems okay.

Personally I would have gone for a way cheaper version that does nearly the same, but that's just me being a cheapskate.


DM Sothal wrote:
Black Fang wrote:

Submitted for approval:

Boots of Running
Aura
faint transmutation; CL 1st
Slot feet; Price 4,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
These sleek, polished leather boots are designed for speed. Any who wear them are continuously under the effects of expeditious retreat.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, expeditious retreat; Cost 2,000 gp

Seems okay.

Personally I would have gone for a way cheaper version that does nearly the same, but that's just me being a cheapskate.

Not to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong, but isn't this a zillion times better than boots of striding and springing? You get +30' speed (instead of +10' speed) and a +12 bonus to jump (instead of a +9 bonus) and it costs 4K gp (instead of 5.5K).


hogarth wrote:
DM Sothal wrote:
Black Fang wrote:

Submitted for approval:

Boots of Running
Aura
faint transmutation; CL 1st
Slot feet; Price 4,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.
DESCRIPTION
These sleek, polished leather boots are designed for speed. Any who wear them are continuously under the effects of expeditious retreat.
CONSTRUCTION
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, expeditious retreat; Cost 2,000 gp

Seems okay.

Personally I would have gone for a way cheaper version that does nearly the same, but that's just me being a cheapskate.
Not to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong, but isn't this a zillion times better than boots of striding and springing? You get +30' speed (instead of +10' speed) and a +12 bonus to jump (instead of a +9 bonus) and it costs 4K gp (instead of 5.5K).

4k is the price I got using the formula in the rules. CL 1 times spell level 1 times 2,000 gp for unlimited/continuous use times 2 for being a spell with 1 minute per CL duration.


Gamemaster
hogarth wrote:


Not to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong, but isn't this a zillion times better than boots of striding and springing? You get +30' speed (instead of +10' speed) and a +12 bonus to jump (instead of a +9 bonus) and it costs 4K gp (instead of 5.5K).

Thanks!

You know, I looked for those but couldn't remember the name.
Anyway, comparing these two, I'd say that the Boots of striding and springing are a quite expensive in my book. (And I honestly don't know why they are that expensive, other than maybe due to the fact, that speed-altering items should be costly...)

I was with Black Fang on the math side of Item creation, but ...
But I don't want to change the core rules, therefore the boots of expeditious retreat have to get even more expensive.
Sorry Black Fang. Those item creation math rules are a) guidelines b) screwed...

Thanks for the heads up though, hogarth.

251 to 300 of 673 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / DM Sothal's Kingmaker PBP - Discussion Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.