DM RichD's Serpent's Skull: Book 1-Soul's For Smuggler's Shiv (Closed Recruitment)

Game Master Briccone

Serpent's Skull Book 1: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
Part 1: Shipwrecked On The Shiv

The PC's thought they were on their way to Eleder to begin new lives only to awaken on an island!


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,559 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"Whereas, I am jealous that you can bond an animal. I hope to be able to do this myself someday." Around 4th level!


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Neltji watches the strange male bonding ritual between Ndombe and Nothus with puzzled bewilderment. These men didn't fully realize the true depths that necessitated the pairing that they spoke of. They made it sound like any animal would bond with them. They did not seem to realize that it was a mutual relationship. At least that was the way it was with her and Anthony. She didn't speak of this though as she did not want to distract them from the tiger that may spring at them at any moment.


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

While he awaits a response, Ndombe thinks to himself, ”here kitty, kitty. Good kitty.”


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"No need to be hungry and angry kitty."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

The tiger, curious as cats tend to be, cautiously slinks out of the reeds and purrs, Who is it that speaks to me and why should I not eat you?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Ranger 2 AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 24/24 | F+5, R+4, W+2 | CMB +5; CMD 16 | Init: +1 |Perc: +7 Ranger 2

"Food on other side of island. We want to be friends"

animal empathy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

”I am Ndombe, a priest of nature. As tasty as I am sure we all would be, I fear that our numbers would be too great, and you would be overcome. You are too majestic an animal for that fate, so I would save you from it, and save me from having to witness it.”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male N Catfolk unchained rogue 2 (Knife Master, Scout) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: 0, Sur: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Munkustrap just stares dumbfounded as the men hiss and growl at the tiger.

If it rolls on its back for a pet, I am jumping off a cliff.' he thinks.


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

Shame I’m not 4th level, or I would try and make it my pet. How awesome to gain a pet in a role playing situation like this, right?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

The tiger is intrigued-and amused!

Very well! I will not eat you this time! Tell you what, I am tired of hunting all day. I would like to spend a few days rolling around and enjoying the sunshine. You leave a live animal here for the next 5 days, then I will answer any question you have about the island. Depending on how tasty dinner is, maybe even two! Do we have a deal?

If you take the tiger up on his offer, then you will need to roll five survival checks at DC15. Miss one and the deal is off. Add +2 for profession hunter/trapper.


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

Ndombe explains the deal to his compatriots before answering the tiger.

I believe we have some good Survival folks (I'm +10), so we can give it a try...


Half-Elven (Chelish) Druid (Nature's Fang) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 19/19 AC: 16/12/14; Percep: +9; Init: +2; Fort +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (+2 v. enchantment); CMD: 16; CMB +4; Speed: 30)

Nothus says, "Seems the best approach, though I confess that one of the questions I'd want to ask is whether or not he's seen any sign of Vadas."

I'm thinking Ndobe and Nothus aiding is pretty much a guaranteed success..


Male N Catfolk unchained rogue 2 (Knife Master, Scout) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: 0, Sur: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Treating with a tiger? This is a first. AS long as we don't lose time searching for that lighthouse I don't care if you rube it behind the ears or toss it a ball of twine."

Munkustrap can't believe what is going on. "Wait until we tell Gelick." Munkustrap returns the bow to his back.


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

Ndombe tells the tiger, "we agree, we shall endeavor to feed you for 5 days. I can speak with you briefly each day, in case you need something/"

Here is my roll to provide a meal for today...

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Neltji just shakes her head as the group comes back and tells her of the arrangement they made with the tiger. I must say I am impressed in you guys. I would not have expected it if I did not see it. I will do what I can to help this unusual arrangement.

aid another as needed 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

If I get an aid or 2 per day, then I can't fail!


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

If I get an aid or 2 per day, then I can't fail!

Can we be 4th level in 5 days, so I can pet up this tiger?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Ranger 2 AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 24/24 | F+5, R+4, W+2 | CMB +5; CMD 16 | Init: +1 |Perc: +7 Ranger 2

Rubani tries to help the party gather food for the tiger.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

I didn't figure the GM wanted 5 rolls right now, we'll be roleplaying each day, yes Exploring new areas?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

You will be 4th level when this AP concludes, so keep being nice to kitty and you might have an AC!

D14 - Alma's Ruin

1: 1d4 ⇒ 2

This ship hasn't sailed the waters in many years and is beyond repair. You do manage to find a spyglass, a good bottle of rum and a jaunty captain's hat on a skeleton in the Captain's quarters and collect 40gp from the rest of the skeletons. Whatever they were hauling has since rotted away.

D15 - Redwake

1: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The Redwake must have been a fine military transport back in the day, but all that is left of her now is a huge, gaping hole in her side and rusty weapons and corroded shields!

C7A - Shiv Lizard Home

1: 1d2 ⇒ 1

You find a shiv lizard at home, but determine that won't make good tiger food. Either you quickly kill it or leave it alone.

C3B - Abandoned Spider Home

1: 1d2 ⇒ 2

C4B - Abandoned Constrictor Snake Home

1: 1d2 ⇒ 2

C6C - Abandoned Shocker Lizard Home

1: 1d2 ⇒ 2

C4C - Abandoned Constrictor Snake Home

1: 1d2 ⇒ 2

U

A single, immense banyan tree grows atop this hill, surrounded by a smaller grove of trees that seem almost like supplicants gathered around a revered elder to bask in the wisdom of the ages.

Figure with that exploring, 2 more days have gone by so give me your survival checks!

MAJOR COMPLETED
A. Castaway Beach
B. Wreck Of The Jenivere
C. Predator Dens (In Progress)
C1A. Dimorphodon Cave
C1B. Abandoned Dimorphodon Cave
C1C. Abandoned Dimorphodon Cave
C1D. Dimorphodon Cave
C2A. Abandoned Venomous Snake Home
C2B. Abandoned Venomous Snake Home
C2C. Abandoned Venomous Snake home
C3A. Abandoned Spider Home
C3B. Abandoned Spider Home
C4A. Abandoned Constrictor Snake Home
C4B. Abandoned Constrictor Snake Home
C4C. Abandoned Constrictor Snake Home
C5A. Giant Crab Home
C5B. Abandoned Giant Crab Home
C6A. Shocker Lizard Home
C6B. Abandoned Shocker Lizard Home
C6C. Abandoned Shocker Lizard Home
C7A. Shiv Lizard Home
[ooc]D. Shipwrecks (In Progress)

D1. Tattooed Lady Wreck
D2. Tears of Grog
D3. Golden Bow
D4. Bloody Doll
D5. Scallywag
D6. Windwar
D7. Bearded Harpy
D13. Bloodwalker (Tiger)
[ooc] D14. Alma's Ruin

D15. Redwake
E. Viper Nettles
F. Abandoned Campsite
G. The Brine Demon
H. Creeper Clearing
I. Abandoned Camps (In Progress)
I2. Crow's Tooth Camp
I3. Bearded Harpy Campsite
J. Spiked Snares (In Progress)
J1. Spiked Snares
J2. Spiked Snares
J3. Spiked Snares
J4. Spiked Snares
K. The Treasure Pit
L. Peazock's Crab
M. Cannibal Ambush
N. Abandoned Hut
O. High Tidal Causeway
P. Low Tidal Causeway
Q. The Silent Island
R. The Nightvoice
S. The Fungus God
T. Pearl Bed

Smuggler's Shiv


Half-Elven (Chelish) Druid (Nature's Fang) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 19/19 AC: 16/12/14; Percep: +9; Init: +2; Fort +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (+2 v. enchantment); CMD: 16; CMB +4; Speed: 30)

Survival (Aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Survival (Aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Nothus assists Ndombe in finding prey.


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

Ndombe will use guidance as well while doing the daily hunting...

Survival: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 30

Survival: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 22

So far, so good!

3 days down.


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Its seems like the men have the hunting and tracking of food down to an art form. As such she barely focuses on the effort as she spends time looking at the island itself. They had found a series of wrecked ships in the southwest corner of the island which lead her to believe that the trade winds blew in from that direction. It would possibly be a good location to site another ship from but getting rescued from there would be a problem.

Turning inland they also discovered a group of caves closely packed together. Yet for the most part they were abandoned. This worried her as she wondered if the tiger had strayed this far out in search of food. Would it come stalking them next if they did not bring back the fresh meat they had promised? Only time would tell.

On the third day though they came over a hill and the vista before her took her breath away. The tallest tree that she had ever seen was there before her. She looked at the others in the group to see if they had any thoughts on the tree before moving closer to inspect such a massive specimen.

know nature 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Is this a normal tree for this climate and is its size appropriate?[/dice]


Male N Catfolk unchained rogue 2 (Knife Master, Scout) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: 0, Sur: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"Friend Rii-chi, can you .... would you please climb this tree and see if you can spot a lighthouse?" Munkustrap paces back and forth as he waits for his friend.


Vanaran Male Monk HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, Acro +9, Stealth +9 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Unarmed: +5, d6+3+1, x2, B. Longbow: +5(6), d8+3(+1), x3, 110ft, P. Perfect Strike 1/1 | Active conditions: -2 dex

Rii-Chi needs no more invitation than that and scrambles up the tree gladly, long tail grasping branches like a fifth limb until he reaches his perch and can examine the island.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Scarab Sages

Male Human Ranger 2 AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 24/24 | F+5, R+4, W+2 | CMB +5; CMD 16 | Init: +1 |Perc: +7 Ranger 2

Rubani looks for tiger food again.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

Ndombe inquires, "what's next folks? Two more days of tiger feeding at some point!"


Half-Elven (Chelish) Druid (Nature's Fang) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 19/19 AC: 16/12/14; Percep: +9; Init: +2; Fort +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (+2 v. enchantment); CMD: 16; CMB +4; Speed: 30)

Nothus says, "I'm thinking it may almost be time to explore the southern part of the island -- but I don't want to get too far from our new 'friend' and break our deal."


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"Right, we want to stay close enough to feed the tiger. Imagine what we can learn from him. Start thinking about questions we want to ask him!"

I keep saying "him," is it a female tiger? I'm certain I can tell the difference!


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"It was a very majestic tiger, not that I have seen, or spoke, with too many of them."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

1-M,2-F: 1d2 ⇒ 2

@Ndombe: It is a female tiger! Meow Meow!

@Neltji: It looks like this tree does grow a bit taller than it should.

As Rii-Chi starts for the tree you all here giggling. A sweet, musical voice says, Now why would you come into my home without being asked? This is followed by more giggling.

A strange, beautiful creature with deep green hair and eyes the color of a tropical sunset climbs down from the tree.

Knowledge (Nature) DC 15:
You believe she is a dryad, which is a fey-type creature.

She smiles broadly and approaches you all in a non-threatening manner. You are the ones that removed that terrible fungus blight from this island. I am in your debt. My name is Aycenia. How can I be of service?


Vanaran Male Monk HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, Acro +9, Stealth +9 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Unarmed: +5, d6+3+1, x2, B. Longbow: +5(6), d8+3(+1), x3, 110ft, P. Perfect Strike 1/1 | Active conditions: -2 dex

"Tree-Lady!" Rii-Chi bows deeply to the beautiful woman. "We want to escape this island. What can you tell us about it?" He looks up and gives his cheeky grin. "I would still like to climb your tree too. If you not mind!"


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 +1 in jungle

"My friends, this is a dryad, a forest fey."

Special attacks?


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"They are often guardians of the forest."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

She trusses Rii-Chi's hair. But of course Little One. You can climb my tree. She says with a giggle. I do not recall how I came to be on the island, only that I have dwelt here for many ages. I remember when the Thrune’s Fang castaways first came to the island before they became cannibals, when the first Sargavan colonists began building the lighthouse, and even earlier times. Yet I also know that I am a newcomer to Smuggler’s Shiv, for I can feel through my tree’s roots that even more ancient secrets and creatures lie under the soil of this island.

@Ndombe: She can cast some spells, low-light vision and tree dependent.


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

Ndombe is pretty excited and in awe to be in the presence of one of the spirits of the woods!


Vanaran Male Monk HP: 22/22 | AC: 16 (15 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 20 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, Acro +9, Stealth +9 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Unarmed: +5, d6+3+1, x2, B. Longbow: +5(6), d8+3(+1), x3, 110ft, P. Perfect Strike 1/1 | Active conditions: -2 dex

"You are very wise Tree-Lady." Rii-Chi replies with a large grin, accepting the ruffling with good grace. He then scampers up the tree, enjoying the climb rather a lot, and perches as high as he can - in order to get as good a view as he can find.

Got a 15 on Perception a few posts back. :)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Ranger 2 AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 24/24 | F+5, R+4, W+2 | CMB +5; CMD 16 | Init: +1 |Perc: +7 Ranger 2

"We are seeking a way off the island. We mean no harm"


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"Well, and we're feeding the tiger."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Aycenia furrows her brow. I am not sure how to get off the island as I never had a desire to leave my tree! she says apologetically to Rubani.

You are feeding the large she-tiger? How did you manage that without yourselves being eaten?

@Rii-Chi: You have a beautiful view of the water, but not much else.


Male N Catfolk unchained rogue 2 (Knife Master, Scout) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 16 (14 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +7, SM: 0, Sur: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Munkustrap's eyes light up. "I had two wishes, one for a way off the island, and another for a beautiful woman. It seems that the latter has come true, now how about the former.

"Where would we find this light house? What else can you tell us about the island's perils other than the cannibals?"


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"Well, I sort of made friends with her, and we struck a deal."


Half-Elven (Chelish) Druid (Nature's Fang) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 19/19 AC: 16/12/14; Percep: +9; Init: +2; Fort +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (+2 v. enchantment); CMD: 16; CMB +4; Speed: 30)

Nothus says, "Also, I'm looking for a small mountain cat that might have washed ashore."


Female Human Witch 2 HP: 17/17 AC: 12/12/10 Saves: 3/2/3 perc: +0 Init +6. hex save DC 15

Neltji studies the dryad closely looking for any hint of deception. Not finding any she lets her guard down a bit. How did you know that is was us who defeated the blight to the northwest? To make it seem like she is not accusing her of anything but just curious she sits in the shade of the tree and let’s Anthony crawl up on her shoulder.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Ranger 2 AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 24/24 | F+5, R+4, W+2 | CMB +5; CMD 16 | Init: +1 |Perc: +7 Ranger 2

"Yes that area to the northwest seems cleared of the blight"


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"Nothus, put that on our list of possible questions for the tigress."


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"How long is the list so far?"


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

The trees told me! Aycenia says in response to Neltji as if no other explanation is necessary. She then giggles, I bet none of you talk to trees? Sometimes I just assume that every one does. My tree-friends were worried that the blight would eventually spread to them. It was them that 'saw' you kill the abominations and clear the blight.

She then furrows her brow, I have not seen a mountain cat, but I can ask the trees. she says to Nothus.


Male Mwangi Cleric 2 (AC: 15[T: 11 FF: 14] | HP: 20/20(0NL) | F+4, R+1, W+6 | Init: +1 |Perc: +3)

"While I can speak with animals, I cannot speak with trees. I am not so blessed."


Half-Elven (Chelish) Druid (Nature's Fang) 2
Vitals:
(HP: 19/19 AC: 16/12/14; Percep: +9; Init: +2; Fort +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5 (+2 v. enchantment); CMD: 16; CMB +4; Speed: 30)

Nothus shrugs, "I was trained by a more... militant group of druids. I do have magic that can let me speak with animals, and I know such magic exists for trees, but I that, at least, is beyond my abilities."

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,559 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Serpent's Skull: Book 1-Soul's For Smuggler's Shiv (Closed Recruitment) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.