DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


4,901 to 4,950 of 4,983 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>

Richard's familiar | HP 72/72 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 8/8/6 | Init +3 | Perception +10 | Spells -/5/3 | Bardic Performance 25/25 | 6 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard stifles a frown as Mera leans in to kiss Tal. Sherix distracts him as she starts talking about draining his energy.

Edric ruins the entendre, of course. Can't even appreciate the word play. "I've run out of inspirational things to say. I think it's time to go home."


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Iomedae 5

Battered and Bruised (mostly from Mera) you head back to the hideout. Arael greets you at the door. By The Inheritor! You all look bad! Was it the dinosaur skeleton again! I was getting worried!


Richard's familiar | HP 72/72 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 8/8/6 | Init +3 | Perception +10 | Spells -/5/3 | Bardic Performance 25/25 | 6 Human Bard (duettist)

"No skeletal dinosaur this time. Lots of killer dolls and murderous vampires." Richard decides to leave Mera's outbursts out of it.

"Speaking of vampires. I know they have the power to drain the very soul from their victims. Are you feeling well, Tal?"


m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal looks at Richard and then at Areal, I do not feel gravely hurt as my wounds are just minor scratches and bruises. However I feel drained of vitality like never before. Even when that triceratops, dire tiger, or flaming hell creature attacked me I never felt like this.

With that he sits wearily down on a chair and listens to Richard explain more in detail about what they discovered...or frankly that they have not discovered anything useful yet. Although they were still alive and had the majority of the known area explored.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

"No darling, no dinosaurs this time." she says wearily. "But exhausting just the same, right Tal?" she teases, walking with her wine in her hand. She takes a long sip and moans pleasurably, "Gods, I need this so badly. Who knew this adventuring business was so utterly dangerous?"

Looking out the window at the position of the sun, she asks "What is it, nearly four bells already? Shouldn't you be getting home to Lily Tal? Wouldn't want to keep that maiden of yours all alone too long, now would you?"

Turning to face Edric she takes another long sip, keeping the wine in her mouth for a few moments before swallowing. "Earlier, when I wasn't able to think of my own will, I truly apologize for that."

Sitting her wine glass down, she makes her over to him and walks behind him. Putting her hands on his shoulders, she gently starts to massage them. "I was thinking that perhaps I could make it up to you somehow? Maybe I could help loosen up some of those muscles that I bruised? Hmmm?"


m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal looks at Areal in agreement as Mera suggests he heads home. If you think that is alright I will gladly take you up on that offer. Hopefully a good nights sleep will do me some good and I will feel better in the morning. Either that or some of Lily's TLC might do the trick as well. Seeing Mera massage Edric's shoulders Tal realized that he had one more thing to do as well.

Edric, we need to get you fitted for some armor man. That way next tie Mera isn't herself you have a chance not to be beaten into a pulp by her. I will see what I have around the shop for light weight armors.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

"You're very kind Tap." Edric replies, "But I swore a vow to put my trust in Milani. Her grace shields me as much as any armor, so my thanks again, but do not trouble yourself. I had no difficulties until the last encounter." He too tactfully refrains from mentioning Mera's.... 'love taps'.

He does however enjoy the massage. His back is both tight and somewhat bruised, although that's the worst of his (numerous, Mera inflicted) injuries.

"I understand that you were not in control Mera. I'm not going to hold a grudge." He says, before letting out a soft groan as Mera digs out a particularly sore spot. "I might even take another blow if this is the pay-off afterwards!"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

From behind the cleric, Mera grins deviously. ”Why thank you, Edric. Your humble understanding of our earlier challenges and difficulties are reassuring. Our cause is sure to succeed with men of your conviction and generosity assisting us. Though I do not follow the ways of Milani, I can tell a man of virtue when I see one.”

She digs her fingers into a particularly knotted spot and groans ”You know, I have i some oils in my room that Monday gave to me which are supposed to reduce bruising and ease discomfort. If you like, I’d be willing to apply them for you. It’s really the least I can do given what I have done to your body already today.”

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

Edric turns around and looks Mera in the eye for a long moment. The cleric's eyes are uncomfortably knowing until his face breaks into a wide grin. "I'd be delighted, thank you my Lady." He sketches a bow from his seat before rising from the chair and offering her one arm in a surprisingly courtly gesture.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Though she doesn't express it by more than a wide smile, Mera is beside herself that a proposition of hers by a man of this establishment was received well instead of rebuffed! Raising her eyebrows once quickly, she moves out from behind the cleric and hooks her arm in his. She scoops up her glass and the bottle of wine in the other hand and taps the bottle against Richard's glass as she departs, leaving the exhausted performer with "Richard, don't stay up too late dear. Big day tomorrow and all that. Good night, dear."

Leading Edric back to her room, she closes the door and sits the wine bottle down on a table before going to a chest to retrieve another glass. "I had them specially ordered from Varisia. There's this glassworks there in a small town that makes simply the best pieces. Cost me a fortune, but worth every gold piece."

She then pours a glass of wine for Edric and refills her own. After handing him the glass she offers a toast "To new friendships."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

"May they be close." Edric replies, clinking the glasses together. He sips at the wine, having no more than an indifferent palate and keeps his eyes on Mera.

"So, I suppose I should take my shirt off." He offers after a minute, placing the glass on the table and suiting actions to words. He is lean and not particularly muscled but does have a spectacular collection of scars and at least one brand, which Mera recognises as the symbol of her own family... the sign of a traitor to Cheliax.

"Where do you want me?" He asks with another smile, seemingly unselfconscious about the evidence written all over his body.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

When he offers to take his shirt off, she nods with a grin and leans against the wall, kicking up one foot to press it flat against the wall. When he asks where she wants him, she looks up to the ceiling and mutters "Thank you."

She stares at his bare chest for a moment longer than necessary, eventually shoving off the wall and pointing to her bed. "Lay down on the bed on your chest, let me work on your back first. I'll be with you in just a moment, I need to retrieve the oils. Why don't you have some more wine while you wait?" she offers before draining the rest of her glass.

Moving to her large trunk of items she's collected these last weeks, she shuffles things around until she digs up a vial of brown liquid her former companion had given her late one night under similar circumstances. "Ah ha!" she exclaims, retrieving the vial and opening it up as she walks back to him. Pouring it into her hand, she sniffs the contents as she lathers her hands together.

Once the cleric is laying down on the bed, she slowly climbs up behind him and sits on his rear end, continuing to rub her hands together as she blows on them. Not able to contain herself, she asks "Do you get rubbed down often? No? Well, this might be a little warm to the touch, ready?"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

"Sadly I've rarely had the pleasure." Edric replies, from his place reposed on Mera's bed. "The last time a Thrune had their hands on me it was more than a little warm, and my relaxation was not their intention..."

He definitely makes the most of this Thrune's attention, and is even polite enough to make suitably appreciative noises as Mera rubs his back down, hands running over the ridged scars that can only be left by a whip wielded in anger...


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Mera is taken aback by the mans scars, not quite what she had expected at all. Some of the fire diminishes from inside of her as shock overwhelms her. She traces her hands over them and asks "And what are these? Were you a bad boy or was someone else the bad boy?"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

"We're in Cheliax." Edric says, his shoulders moving in an awkward shrug. "Those of us who preach freedom from tyranny and the right of people to choose for themselves are... not popular. I was the guest of the Church of Asmodeus for some time. They attempted to 'correct the errors in my thinking'. Pain was the primary teaching tool. Fortunately, or perhaps not, I was little more than an acolyte, too confident that my goddess would protect me. It didn't take long before they realised that I knew nothing and was barely a threat to the Church anyway."

He cranes around to look at Mera. "I'm exiled from Cheliax Mera Whist-Thrune. Should I ever be taken by the Asmodean Church again I will likely be executed. I hope that isn't a problem for you." He shrugs again. "I'll understand if it is. I am an unrepentant rebel, who stands against everything this nation is built on. So..." He pauses and grins again. "I suppose I am a bad boy - if you care to look at it that way!"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Mera suddenly seems very uncomfortable, sliding off Edric to sit beside him on the bed. Her eyes can't help but look across the room to the glaive, gleaming in the corner of the room.

Calling to her.

For some strange reason, she stands and walks across the room to place her hands on it. She doesn't pick it up, just grasps the polearm with both hands and closes her eyes. "Are you saying the worshipers of Asmodeus are your enemies?"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

Edric sits up and looks at Mera, his gaze is all too knowing.

"No. I am an enemy of the Church. They are not an enemy of mine, simply people with whom I disagree. I believe in freedom, choice and the ability to do as one wishes. Asmodeus has... different priorities I believe." His gaze slides to the glaive. "The risk is that people end up with goals that are not their own."

He gets up and approaches Mera, moving slowly and carefully. He watches her eyes the whole way, almost as if he were approaching a wild animal. A very attractive wild animal' a small voice in his mind adds.

He closes the distance, reaches out and gently pulls her hand from the glaive. His other hand snakes around Mera's neck and tilts her head back, before slowly leaning in to kiss her.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Mera is considering what Asmodeus has been whispering in her ear whenever she wields Edge. Even now he is telling her that she should enter into a contract with this cleric, one that gives her the upper hand on his future control. He could be a useful pet after all, his skill in divine powers seem quite impressive given the experiences of the day. He-

The pale-skinned Cheliaxian woman's hand is pulled from the glaive and her thoughts of contracts with Godly fade away. As she feels his hand around her neck, she leans her head back into it and closes her eyes again. She doesn't need to see him to kiss him, spinning into his embraces and planting both lips over his.

Her hands are still sticky and warm from the oil she used on his back earlier, but she wraps her hands around his shoulders and climbs up his waist, wrapping her legs around his waist. She doesn't quite appreciate his lack of strength however, and it's clear he can't support her weight for very long.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

Unfortunately the scars are not the only souvenirs Edric has of his time in Thrune correction. His muscle mass has never recovered from that visit. Fortunately Mera is considerably smaller than him and with the momentum she provides he manages to stumble backwards into the bed before collapsing. This leaves him on his back with Mera on top of him, a situation that is in no way displeasing - especially as she keeps kissing him.

Edric does what any man would and responds, his large hands roaming up and down Mera's back as one hand slides under her shirt to find bare skin...


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"I'll have you know, Richard is really jealous right now." Sherix squawks, trying to break the tension.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Shush, you. 'twould appear Mera has a new muse! Tal, rejoice! Richard, well, you had a short windows there.

Mera keeps her legs wrapped around Edric's waist as he stumbles backwards and collapses on the bed. When they hit the bed, she laughs happily, talks of Asmodeus quickly forgotten. She had been failing at seeking attention from Tal for so long now, she had nearly forgotten what it was like for someone to actually respond positively towards her yet alone take the initiative! Passion drive by a hunger for attention, Mera is perhaps a tad aggressive with the bruised and battered cleric and eagerly begins groping at his body as she sits astride him. It presently didn't matter too much to her why Edric was interested in her, she'd worry about that later.

Seeing he was struggling to get to skin, Mera hops off and considers making a show of it but decides that was something left for another time. Quickly shedding extraneous garments, she rejoins him on the bed.

Since I've been trying to get Tal to bed for what seems like five real life years and failing, I actually have no idea what everyone's level for this is. So to keep it say, off to black we go. FTB!

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

You snooze, you lose Dicky boy!


Richard's familiar | HP 72/72 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 8/8/6 | Init +3 | Perception +10 | Spells -/5/3 | Bardic Performance 25/25 | 6 Human Bard (duettist)

"Well then." Richard exhales as Edric and Mera drag each other off to places well known. "I guess Sherix and I will keep you updated, Arael."

Sherix squawks. "I'm not gonna kiss you, boss. You don't pay me enough for that."

Richard groans. "Try not to rub it in."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

As Edric and Mera engage in post-coital cuddling a soft pink glow fills the room. Edric cracks one eyelid and makes a soft welcoming grunt.

"Hello you. I was wondering where you went."

Mera opens an eye rather sharply to find a small rose coloured orb floating above the bed. It is perhaps two to three inches across and flashes in a rapid pattern which Edric appears to understand.

"I'm fine thank you. And no I haven't forgotten you."

More flashing and Edric chortles.

"This is Mera, she and I are friends. Yes, close friends. Mera?" He cranes to check the raven-haired woman is awake. "This is Lux. She's... well I'm not entirely sure. I call her my guardian angel - sent by Milani to keep an eye on me. Or possibly keep me out of trouble - one of the two at least!"

Lux flickers twice, then rapidly a few times.

"She says 'hello'." It's hard to tell but its possible that Edric flushes somewhat. "And 'thank you. It's been too long for him'. Right, that's the last time I translate for you!"


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Iomedae 5

Arael feels lost in the conversation as Tal and Edric make references to Mera 'not being herself'. He understands Tal wanting to get to Lily and offers the man thanks as he walks out the door. He is equally surprised when Edric and Mera suddenly leave the room. Their thoughts on..'other matters'. He offers them a good night but he doubts they heard him. He shrugs at Richard as the other members of the cell also head out to parts unknown and those that stay at the hideout begin their evening rituals. In short order food is brought to him and Richard along with some wine. He motions to a table near the fire and says to Richard, Now tell me what have you encountered so far?


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Mera enjoys affection so much that just laying here tracing her fingers up and down Edric's body are almost equally pleasing as the earlier acts. They converse softly for several minutes before the flashing orb makes an appearance. A voice in her head tells her she's in trouble and she quickly sits up in bed and reaches for the glaive at the end of it, a sense of comfort and power flowing through her body like an electrical current.

When Edric begins to talk to it, He's talking to a floating ball of light. Am I imagining this? she relaxes and sits back down in bed.Why not? I talk to a piece of metal. She lets the glaive fall back to the wall, but she stills holds on to it with her left hand.

[color=red]I'm not a piece of metal![/color]

After translating for the light, Mera smirks, "That's cute. You talk to a ball of light? Tell me something embarrassing about him!"

Turning to the light Mera plays along although she isn't quite sure if the cleric has lost his mind or he's playing a trick on her with a spell of her. "Hello Lux, I'm Mera. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I'm unfamiliar with whatever it is you are, tell me, what language is it you are speaking because I hear nothing? Is it only in Edrics head? Are you in my head?"

[color=red]No, I'm in your head Mera. It's dangerous as he is. You shouldn't be getting so comfortable with this holy man, he's trouble. Give him time and he will try to take me from you. I felt it inside of him when he held me earlier. He doesn't appreciate you like I do. You must kill him quickly before he betrays you! I will never betray you! We are unstoppabble together!"[/color]

Mera's eyes glaze over as she converses in her head with Anvengen's Edge, losing track of the conversation with Lux and Edric. Her grasp on the glaive tightens and her knuckles white, squeezing the polearm tighter and tighter.


Richard's familiar | HP 72/72 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 8/8/6 | Init +3 | Perception +10 | Spells -/5/3 | Bardic Performance 25/25 | 6 Human Bard (duettist)

"Of course, Arael." Richard takes a long sip. "Let's see. We destroyed that skeletal triceratops.
* We found a room full of armor, and this dye that seeks out your heart's true color.
* A strange dais. I turned invisible.
* Cursed dolls trying to get us into games of ouchies.
* We crossed the courtyard
* AND we saw some odd pool.
*Probably with some kind of water demon inside.
*We did find a scroll containing the breath of life.
And then we fought some vampire spawn. I need to buy some holy water, and maybe a scroll of identify."

"I should mention. While Mera is... distracted." he sighs. "We need to figure out how to get Mera away from that weapon. You should see her talk about Asmodeous now. It's... it's getting to her." Richard is clearly concerned. "I've asked Stryx to stay here, see if he can figure out some way to cleanse her."


m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal watches Edric and Mera interact with bemusement. He almost felt sorry for the guy...almost. As it was he was too glad to have Mera focus her energies and attention on someone else. While still tired and drained Tal took the leave from Areal with the promise to return in the morning to finish exploring the rest of Delvehaven. I hope to return full of vigor even if I am a bit tired as well. In the meantime is there some way you can look into how to reverse such a draining of one's life or prevent it from happening again?

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

Edric and Lux don't strictly need to speak to communicate and so they both notice when Mera suddenly drops out of the conversation and he hand begins tightening on the glaive.

Lux drops onto Mera's shoulder, a small ball of surprising warmth and comfort. Edric meanwhile, well able to guess what is going on, simply sits next to her (too close for easy stabbing, which is some comfort) and rubs slow circles into her back.

"I think Lux likes you." He comments lightly, "That's not usual. You should feel honoured. If you can win her approval then meeting my parents should be a breeze." He holds up a placating hand, "Don't worry. I don't mean that. I wouldn't know where to find them these days anyway. Much better that I don't know all in all. Now Mera darling? Didn't anyone ever tell you it might worry a guy if you bring a bigger spear than his into bed? How about we set our... other voices aside for a bit and focus on each other?"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Mera's eyes focus on Lux on her shoulder, her head turning to look at her as she tunes back into Edric speaking again. "Hmmm? Your parents? What"

The feeling of Lux on her shoulder was quite different than Anvengen in her head, and she began to focus more on that and less on the weapon of destruction.

[color=red]Don't you da-[/color] Mera let's go of the glaive and crawls back into bed with Edric again. Her desire for his attention far outweighs the need for security and protection that Anvengen's Edge provides at the moment. Still, she does steal a few glances over at it from time to time as it beckons to her.

Mera slides in front of him and pulls his left arm towards her chest, wrapping her left hand around his and pulling against her body. Leaning her head back against his, she says "You know I am really sorry about what happened in Delvehaven today. I have always considered myself a strong-willed person but what happened inside of there really goes against all of that, doesn't it? Between Anvengen, the vampires, creep books and all of the other voices in my head, sometimes I don't even know which one is even mine any more. Sometimes I feel lost."

She turns her head to look at the glaive and adds "Anvengen says it knows of a way to fix that if I enter into a contract. I can get my head clear again."

Ready to move on to the next day whenever you are GM. Don't let Edric and I hold you up;)

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

"I wouldn't recommend that." Edric replies quietly. "Personally I don't like contracts, but put that aside I still wouldn't suggest making a contract with an Asmodean, or an Asmoden weapon. They are masters of contracts and entering one will almost always be more than you bargain for. Besides, I think you'd change if you did, and I rather like Mera Wist-Thrune as she is. New scars she's given me and all."

"If it helps I might be able to make you something to help." He offers, "I have some skill in magical crafting. With some funds I could imbue something with protective spells to ward your mind. Normally I'd suggest a ring..." He trails off, a mischievous glint in his eye.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Mera laughs ”Oh, Edric! I’ve been complimented before but no one has offered to wed me fifteen minutes after bedding me!”. She laughs some more.

Eventually the laughter subsided and she responds ”I don’t know what to do. I’ve never felt more protected and safe than when Anvengen is in my hands. I don’t know to explain it. I feel... incomplete? Like a part of me is missing? It’s strange for certain.”


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Iomedae 5

The next morning Arael has a hearty breakfast waiting for you all. Once assembled he says, Unfortunately I do not have any spells to counteract a vampire's drain, but there is a priest who is sympathetic to our cause. Sympathetic but not a believer. He has a scroll he would cast at 75% of the normal price. That, sadly, is the best I can do. do you have anything else you need before going back to Delvehaven?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

COMPLETED
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry
B10-The Rostrum of Vanishment
B11-Council Chamber
B12-Guest Rooms
B13-Vanity
B14-Catwalk Bridge
B15-The Mariner's Display (Haunted)
B17-Delvehaven Tavern
B18-Private Lounge
B20-Arrival Bay
B21-Summoning Chamber
B22-Secret Stairs
B26-The Gauntlet of Sin

Delvehaven Ground Floor

Delvehaven Upper Level

Delvehaven Cellar Level

Delvehaven Basement

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

"Strange indeed." Edric muses, looking upwards so that Mera cannot see the worry that crosses his face. "Strange indeed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I can use the scroll if need be." Edric offers. "Sadly the power required is beyond the grace allotted to me thus far. I should have sufficient gold to pay for the scroll however."


Richard's familiar | HP 72/72 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 8/8/6 | Init +3 | Perception +10 | Spells -/5/3 | Bardic Performance 25/25 | 6 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard finds some entertainment for the night, then returns in the morning.

"Then let's do that. We need Tal in tip top shape." He feeds Sherix.


m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet

Fort save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Tal woke with the same sense of draining a fatigue as he had yesterday after the vampire touched him. Clearly this was not something that would be cured by a nights rest like all of the other ailments he had before. Kissing Lily goodbye he has her help him with his armor but slings his shield and other gear in a pack and trudges along the streets towards the hideout. Hopefully Areal, Edric, or Richard would have an answer for him besides Mera’s sexual healing.

Thus it was with a heavy heart and limbs that he entered the hideout too preoccupied with his own condition to see if he was followed or others were watching. Immediately he seeks out the others and tells them that he is still drained from yesterday’s excursion. We have most of the place explored but another round of vampires might do me in. I am perturbed by that thought. Any ideas how to remove this affliction and prevent future problems?

Hearing about a possible cure from a priest Tal nods his head in anxious energy. How much would such a miracle cost so I know what to bring? I just hope I have enough to pay him.

Clearly I have not kept up on loot from once we entered delvehaven. I show I have 2k gp to my name from prior to that. Can I get a loot update once we clear the place so I can enter it in and ‘now where we all stand.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

"Good Morning everyone!" Mera says, strutting around the room with a grin that spans ear to ear. "And just how did everyone sleep last night? Hmmm? All rested?"

She walks by and tousles Richard's hair before reaching to pet Sherix. She frowns when he flies away before she can touch him. Pouting she says "Aww. No hard feelings from yesterday I hope? Hmmm?"

Looking over Tal, Mera remarks "Tal, my dear. You still are looking a little weary. For shame. We certainly need you in tip-top shape before we been delving once more. Surely we will all chip in to make sure you are right as rain, no?"

This shouldn't need to be something only Tal has to pay for. I'll chip in from whatever Mera is owed to make sure it's split.


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

Richard accepts his hair-ruffling, but Sherix is having none of that.

"Hmm... you seem better. Speaking of which, of course Richard is going to chip in."


m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal sees Mera’s bouncy attitude and can’t muster up the energy to respond in kind. Yeah Mera I am still feeling quite drained at the moment. We were just talking about visiting a priest whom Arael thinks can help.. When the others mention helping pay for the fees Tal feels greatly touched. Thank you all for your help. If you ever need help as well please let me know.

Should we start a party fund for these purposes as I have a feeling we might encounter more energy draining creatures in the future or just play it by ear?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet
DM RichD wrote:

After about half a minute, the locker's lock clicks open. Inside you find:

-A package of six sets of false identity papers, each marking the bearer as Chelish nobility in good standing with House Thrune. Even though they are vastly outdated, the papers still provide a +2 bonus to any Bluff checks made against the dottari, Hellknights, nobles, or other Chelish authorities.

Each set of papers is worth 300 gp.

Under these papers lie
-four potions of gaseous form,
-six potions of cure moderate wounds,
-six potions of lesser restoration.

A thin wooden folio sits on the bottom of the chest under the potions; pressed between its covers are several scrolls and sheets of parchment. Above, a teak wand case wedged into the locker’s lid contains

-a wand of restoration (13 charges).
-A key ring sits around one of the potion bottles—this key ring contains

The wooden folio’s contents are
-a scroll of clairaudience/clairvoyance,
-three scrolls of dispel magic (CL 10th),
-three scrolls of erase (CL 10th),
-a scroll of sunburst,
-a scroll of true seeing,
-and a piece of parchment. This parchment contains a short note from Liriam warning of fears that one of the Pathfnders may have become tainted by an evil artifact;

Handout 2

** spoiler omitted **

Who has the wand of restoration? That would solve this problem quickly. My goal this week is to go through the posts and update the loot list starting from the cove on.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Looks like I took it! :)

"Offer still stands, Tal. We can go see the priest or ..."

Mera puts her arm around Tal's shoulder and pulls his ear close to his. "If you'd like to spend a few minutes with me down the hall, I can make your pain go away.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

If Mera will share Edric can activate it without a check.

"Or we could use the wand we found in Delvehaven?" Edric offers, apparently trying to spare Tal's blushes.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

That is a very interesting choice of grammar there Edric... Mera appreciates your obvious lack of a comma. Oh. And Mera isn’t known for sharing.

Mera rolls her eyes at Edric’s statement and shoots him a look like really? before glaring at him. ”Yes, maybe.”


m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet

It would have to be you wouldn’t it Mera lol.

Tal looks to Mera with equal parts relief and equal parts horror as she coos into his ear. Stammering he looks for help. Uh Mera I...are you sure...isn’t there some...does it have to be like... until Edric thankfully steps up and mentions the wand. Edric that sounds like a much better idea. With magic such as that we can easily continue to explore Delvehaven. Let’s head out now then as soon as you can restore my vitality.

Back to B19


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Did we get the loot sorted? Half of us aren't listed at the top for gold?

Putting her hands on her hips she protests "Well maybe I lost the wand? Hmmm? Why are you in such a hurry, Tal? Surely you would want your vitality restored before we return to such a dark and dangerous place?"

As the party sets out to return to Delvehaven, Mera walks alongside the cleric, her glaive in her right hand. She says "Edric dear, must you always ruin my fun? Tell me you don't enjoy watching Tal squirm just a little bit, hmmm?"

She hands the wand over to Edric with reluctance "You've ruined a great moment for me, you know. You're going to need to make it up to me later. Somehow." She pats him on the rear end twice.


m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet

Still going through it and will fix the spreadsheet this weekend once I get it all tallied. If you want I put your current wealth on a discussion post I can add that in then so we have a running balance

Tal looks at her in amazement. Yes I do want my vitality restored as soon as possible. If we can do so now be fire we leave here then let’s get on with it. If the spell needs to happen at the place I had my vitality sapped then let’s get back there as quickly as possible. You tell me truthfully what needs to happen with out your... Tal pauses and clears his throat, specific brand of healing I will do so.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +5 / CMD 18

Mera's over it, the moment lost. "Your attitude is not appreciated. I was trying to help and you accuse me of playing games. I'm very disappointed in you, Tal. I take your vitality quite seriously."

Turning her back on him, she points to Edric. "He has the wand now, you can take it up with him."


m Human Ftr 6 HP:74/74AC*:28,12,26 Saves:7/5*/6 CMB: +14 CMD: 30 Init: +3 Perc: +11 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal, quite clearly out of his league with trying to understand Mera, looks to Tichard and Edric for clarification. I am not playing games nor understand what games you are talking about. Edric or maybe aria hard, my mind is hazy still, stated yesterday that you proscribe to an art of healing referred to as sexual healing. All I am trying to say is that if there is others options than what you offer I would try that first. I do not think Lily would approve of me accepting such treatment from you or anyone else.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 60/60 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+8 R:+4 W+11 | Perc +17, SM +15, DD +17, Dip +16, Knw R +9 | Channel (3d6) 11/12, DC18 will. | Active Conditions:

Edric just rolls his eyes at the by-play. Tal doesn't realise just how amusing he is, and Mera can be relied upon to take advantage of the situation. With wand in hand he reaches over and taps Tal on the upper arm - there is a momentary flash and then Edric nods.

"All done."

The lack of... anything is disconcerting, but the cleric seems confident. He leans over to Mera.

Mera:
"I'd be delighted. Later!"

4,901 to 4,950 of 4,983 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.