DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


4,701 to 4,750 of 4,832 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 1

Mera Fort Save BOT DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Mera Will Save BOT DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Mera becomes nauseated while Tal sends pieces of the Mwangi Fetish flying in every direction! He then finished off Fluff Gug for good measure!

Round 2
Fluff Gug 25 (-6/19)DEAD
Mera 22 (47/47)NAUSEATED
Richard/Sherix 20 (60/60)(30/30)
Mwangi Fetish 16 (-15/19)DEAD
Mr. Straw 12 (19/19)
Edric 11 (50/50)
Molly Missy 8 (19/19)
Tal 7 (62/62)
Stryx 3 (30/30)

Next Up: Richard


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

Sherix continues to Inspire Courage as Richard facepalms.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

I'm back!

Mera grabs her stomach and doubles over, the color of her skin looking paler than normal.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 2

Mr. Straw will try to stab Mera with his pitchfork.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

He misses.

Up Next: Edric

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric continues to watch, unwilling to minister to Mera until the threat is actually dealt with.

Pass. Seriously, feel free to skip me entirely unless one of the party goes down.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal moves up to the next annoyance provoking an attack upon him if able to get to both and swings his blade around in a great arc to end this pathetic excuse of a waste of time. Hang in there Mera. This will be over shortly.

Power attack heroism and inspired 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 for 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Crit confirm 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 for 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Cleave attack if possible 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 for 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 2

Tal obliterates Mr. Straw and strikes Molly Missy for good measure!

Molly Missy turns and looks at Tal with huge doe eyes!

@Tal: DC10 Will Save or become nauseated.

Round 3
Fluff Gug 25 (-6/19)DEAD
Mera 22 (47/47)
Richard/Sherix 20 (60/60)(30/30)
Mwangi Fetish 16 (-15/19)DEAD
Mr. Straw 12 (-11/19)DEAD
Edric 11 (50/50)
Molly Missy 8 (3/19) WOUNDED
Tal 7 (62/62)
Stryx 3 (30/30)

Next Up: Everyone


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"Hurry up and finish the game of Ouchies. I can't tweet like this forever, you know." Sherix continues to inspire while Richard keeps his distance.

Inspire Courage +2 is still active.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal glares at Sherix for her insolence. Hey, if you don't like it then I can stop and let you finish. I am working as quickly as I can here.

will save with heroism 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14

So great is his ire at Sherix for thinking he is delaying this 'game' that he easily ignores Miss Molly's stare.

In the sake of time and that I am on vacation the next 4 days here is Tal's next attack

power attack 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 for 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

That quick enough for you Sherix?


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"Gettin' there. Richard's face is so buried in his hands it will take weeks to dig out!"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Maybe once Mera stops looking like she is going to throw up she can help him. Or perhaps he should go and check on her to make sure she is ok? Tal makes sure he says this loudly enough for Richard to hear and hopefully take Mera's attention off of him for a while.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Tal finishes off Molly Missy who falls to the floor with a pitiful cry of Ouchie!

Out of Round Mode


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera falls to her knees and places her left palm flat on the ground, waiting for the nausea to pass. After a little bit she takes a deep breath and slowly climbs to her feet, a little unsteady.

To Tal she offers a meek "Thank you for dealing with that." as she regains her feet, albeit a little wobbly. She keeps one hand on her stomach with a soured expression on her face and turns toward Edric and Richard.

"It would appear a Lady in distress does not deserve the offer of assistance."

I'm assuming the nausea was only for a number of rounds and not minutes or longer. Let me know if it persists.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Just one round...


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"If we are done indulging ourselves?" Richard responds, annoyed. "They were more annoying than actually dangerous." Violence to protect yourself was a necessary evil. But the worst thing these did was singe Mera's hair.

"Is there anything of worth here?"

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master
Mera Wist-Thrune wrote:
"It would appear a Lady in distress does not deserve the offer of assistance."

"Hey, I was trying to help!" Sherix flies off Richard and flies around Mera. "I can't exactly impale or slash 'em like you can."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"I have no magics that would help with your ailment." Edric replies calmly. "Besides, I do not approve of unnecessary violence and avoid partaking when I can. As you can see I am not the most well armoured of this group."

He casts his gaze across the room at Richard's question.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal sees the possible rift between Richard/Edric and Mera/himself and tries to head off any possible altercation for the time being. You are both right that in this instance violence may not have been the answer. Yet do not react unfavorably as well when they were the ones asking for the violence and we did not know what they were capable of. A lucky strike with a poisoned weapon can topple the most accomplished and heavily armored fighter. Tal lifts his tower shield and bangs his armor to prove a point. Let this be a lessen to all of us though since we are a team. If one of us is attacked then all of us are attacked.

Turning to Mera though he adds. Not everything conflict needs to be resolved with your glaive though.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera looks Tal in the eyes when he mentions her glaive, but does not respond verbally. She lets the blade of her glaive fall to the floor and drag across the floor as she moves forward, an annoying high-pitched squeal echoing through the chamber as the tiled floor scratches.

Team? This group of new recruits has yet to deserve my respect. Where have Monday and Naberius gotten off to? Gods! I bet Monday has him shackled to a bed somewhere.

Mera sighs and shakes her head and mutters "Ok boys, let's get this over with." as she moves onward.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric meanwhile offers Tal a nod of respect and a smile.

"You have a silver tongue my friend. May we all be as wise as you."


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"Duh." Sherix lands back on Richard's shoulder. "Teamwork. Let's go ahead. We have two hidden doors, right?"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal refuses to be drawn into the machinations of Mera and her glaive at the moment. Clearly there was something going on and perhaps it was just that Mera wanted attention. Well he had other things to focus on instead.

When Edric moves over to give him some positive words Tal nods appreciatively. Thanks my friend. We are only as strong as our weakest part and all of us have our strengths and weaknesses. Not all are equipped to fight in melee but if we all pull together we will make this work.

Tal will help look around the room for anything of value ad then if nothing head back to the secret hallway and try another of the secret doors.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@Edric:
You detect a circular impression on the floor against the west wall. There are faint skid marks leading out the door.

Survival DC20:
You can follow the skid marks to the next secret door B20.

B20-Arrival Bay

To the north on an upraised stage, gold, green, and magenta mosaic tiles form an intricate glyph on the floor of this halfcircle chamber of a road vanishing into the horizon. The battered and blasted remains of a stone statue that may have once depicted a human adventurer lie scattered throughout the lower southern half of the room.

COMPLETED
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry
B10-The Rostrum of Vanishment
B11-Council Chamber
B12-Guest Rooms
B13-Vanity
B14-Catwalk Bridge
B15-The Mariner's Display (Haunted)
B17-Delvehaven Tavern

Delvehaven Ground Floor

Delvehaven Upper Level

Delvehaven Cellar Level


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

After the last room that they went in devoid of creatures Tal was hesitant to enter this one. Combined with the fact that there was a statue that was partially destroyed Tal waited. Perhaps only 1 of us strong of mind should enter while the rest wait outside. I dont want a repeat of Mera attacking us again. Clearly Tal does not remember being under such compulsion either to attack the rest. In his mind he just reacted to Mera.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"There are tracks here." Edric says, pointing out the depression in the floor. "We just need to follow them..."


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Well then, which way should I go in first?" Richard steps forward, bravely. "This will prove I can put the 'I' in 'team' when it is needed."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"No Richard." Edric says, laying his hand gently on the bard's shoulder. "Milani grants me a measure of protection against attacks on the mind. And besides, you can all restrain me easily if need be. I must go first."

The secret tracks lead into this room? Assuming so Edric will follow them, carefully!

Per for traps: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@Edric: Yes the skid marks lead into this room and looking at the destroyed statue, you figure at some point this statue was in the tavern and then moved here...

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"This statue was once in the other room I think." Edric says over his shoulder. "Why would someone have moved it here and smashed it?"

He examines the fragments to see if he can piece together what the statue showed.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal considers this a moment without coming to a good answer. Instead then he asks, So it is safe to enter?

Assuming so since Edric seemed normal and had been in there for a bit Tal enters to help examine the statue.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@Edric: The statue looked like it was of a person dressed in explorer's clothes.

Knowledge History or Local DC25:
The statue looks to be of Durvin Gest-One of the greatest Pathfinders that ever lived.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

K Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Wow, I did better than I thought I would.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Knw Local Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 15 That's the 2 you need Richard ;)

"A person in explorers clothes." Edric reports, "Perhaps a pathfinder or something like that?"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

While Edric and Richard talk about who they think that is, Mera tries to puzzle it out on her own.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

She isn't quite successful however and tries to build upon Edric's comment. "It would make sense given where we are, no?"

Giving it more thought she adds "We've already encountered one creature who had been essentially turned to stone related to this place. Perhaps this was another?"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal has no clue who the statue may be of and has other concerns. Regardless of who it is, I am concerned with why it is like this. We already had 1 instance of people attacking friends and some of us felt that as well between past friends/foes. Do we need to worry about who did this? If not then lets keep looking around for whatever it is we are to find here. Otherwise see if our 'friend' Tal points to the talking devil/demon head, knows anything about what happened.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"It might well have been a haunt." Edric says, looking up from his examination. "When powerful emotions and necromantic magic are mixed they can produce strange magical effects that linger in an area, sometimes for centuries. There has clearly been such magic here so I suggest that that must have been the cause of what Tal and Meera saw and their subsequent behaviour. If we are careful, and fortunate, we should be able to avoid such things in future."

Educated guess. :)


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

The head blinks as it is brought out of the bag. It takes it a few seconds to adjust to this room. Ah! This room. That was a stone golem that was carved to resemble...uh...what was his name? It rhymed with best..uh..Durvin Gest. Yes! That's it! Apparently he was a big deal. Also apparent-the golem did not like the Thrune Pathfinders so they blasted it! The pathfinders figured their more legitimate brethren would teleport into this room.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal is actually quite impressed with the heads lack of insulting demeanor. Thank you for helping us out. I quite appreciate it. It is refreshing to know that it wasn’t a trap or this haunt thing that Edric is speaking of that caused the damage. With that being said then if there is nothing else of note here then we can move on to the next room.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Where to next?

COMPLETED
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry
B10-The Rostrum of Vanishment
B11-Council Chamber
B12-Guest Rooms
B13-Vanity
B14-Catwalk Bridge
B15-The Mariner's Display (Haunted)
B17-Delvehaven Tavern

Delvehaven Ground Floor

Delvehaven Upper Level

Delvehaven Cellar Level


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal sees no threat and points back the way they came. Lets head back through the secret for and finish exploring that area. There was another hallway there we have to search. I would feel better doing that now to make sure there is nothing behind us.

B18


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard nods. "The other secret path, then!"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera concurs. "Hopefully no more dolls though please. I've had my fill of those."

Turning towards Richard she asks "Richard dear, do you have any more wine on you. I could certainly use some liquid refreshment."


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Wine, in here?" Richard almost reaches into his pack before Sherix pecks him. "Ow. Yes yes yes, no drinking while on duty. Unless it's a social gathering."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

B18-Private Lounge

This chamber looks to have been designed for both comfort and function. Oversized beds and couches litter the room, but there are also desks for study, maps and libraries for research, and even a small exercise area.

Perception DC15:
You find a well-crafted pre-Thrune Chelish banner worth 75 gp, a vial of oil of daylight, a scroll of sending, and a scroll of lesser globe of invulnerability folded into origami birds.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Sherix's Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

"Beautiful. Someone had time to kill." Richard looks at the origami birds. "First we find a scroll tucked into a miniature ship mast, and then someone folded this scroll into a cute origami bird." Richard picks up the scroll.

"Ah, and this banner. It's Chelish, before Thrune took over. Quite beautiful."


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

Sherix lands near some of the bottles. "You forgot the oil of daylight. And this other scroll. A scroll of sending, right?"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Mera lets out a pleasurable sigh. "Now THIS is the room I've been looking for! We can take ten here boys."

She moves towards one of the most comfortable looking beds and shrugs off her pack, collapsing into the bed with a sigh. She looks over at the group, "Come, take a load off and catch your breath."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"If you wish..." Edric replies. Seeing that Richard doesn't need his help he takes a seat on a nearby couch, shuts his eyes and to all appearances falls asleep.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Are you taking a temporary respite or are you resting for the night?


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

How is everyone spells? I'm good to go still if the others are, but we could crash if needed.

4,701 to 4,750 of 4,832 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.