DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


4,551 to 4,600 of 4,829 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

"Sure, sure. Your time will come soon enough, don't you worry yourselves."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Mera walks with a little more swagger, accentuating her hip swings as she walks. As she moves past a mirror and catches Richard looking in her direction she flips her glaive to the other hand and without looking back speaks to him. "Looking is free, but touching requires making sure I don't get torn to shreds by dolls or dragons. Your help next time would be greatly appreciated."

After a few more steps she adds "I sure hope your little birdy doesn't get eaten by an invisible cat or something."


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"Eh, nothing's going to eat me. I'm way too bitter." Sherix responds. Then she stares at Richard, tracks his gaze and flitters in front of his face to get his attention.

"These discs are weird. But there isn't much I can do from here."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

So are you going to try and coax the rest of the toys or are you moving on? (I personally wouldn't mind making some popcorn and watch Mera get on the disc and blindfighting the rest! LOL!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

... Don't tempt me DM, oh please don't tempt me ...

Let's move on for now, more fun to be had later I'm sure.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Deciding to play with the dolls later, You all start to leave the chamber. Mera hears the sound of 'blowing raspberries' followed by an almost-innocent voice calling B!tch

Throwing the rope up To Room B13 someone is able to climb the rope.

Give me an order of the rope climb.

COMPLETED
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry
B10-The Rostrum of Vanishment
B11-Council Chamber
B12-Guest Rooms


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal will climb up first as that way if he needs to he can haul the others up as they just hold the rope or tie themselves onto it.

climb check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

However Talis unable to even get started climbing up the rope. Spitting into his hands and taking a firm grip upon it Tal steadies himself and moves slowly up the rope.

Take 10 for 15 on a knotted rope.

Once up he quickly takes a look around and defends the area while another person climbs up as well.

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"I took some basic climbing lessons when I was young." Richard chuckles. "It made it easy to sneak in and out of houses when you didn't need to touch the ground level."

"I'll go last." Richard spends a few rounds using his bardic performance to Inspire Competence so everyone has an easier time to climb. +2 Competence Bonus.

Once it's time, Richard clambers right up the rope like a professional athlete.
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera watches Tal spit into his hands and then put that spit onto the rope. She frowns and verbalizes her thoughts. "That is absolutely disgusting. I was going to climb up second, but I think I'm going to let Godly go first."

Climb: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"Anything for a lady." Edric replies with his customary wide smile.

Climb: 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) - 1 + 2 = 15


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

This room contains a crystalline pool encircled by a border of
eldritch symbols.

As Richard waits to climb the rope, a sweet, little voice says, There's one!

You turn and look and see a doll with the most doe full eyes you have ever seen.

@Richard: DC10 will save


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Oh good! Get him dolly!

Once Godly is done climbing, Mera makes her way up behind him.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"There's one what?" Richard turns to see the doll.

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Hello there. Sadly I don't have much time to deal with you now." Richard gives the doll a curious look.

And I was gonna get another chance to look at Mera... sigh


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@Richard: For a moment you think any one would be insane to hurt such an innocent plaything, but the moment quickly passes.

@Everyone: Are you fighting the doll or continue to the room. Once in the room, what are you doing?

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Already up above so I'm not coming back down.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Yeah, it's too much work to climb a rope to save a stupid bird anyway.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal leaves the doll and focuses his attention on the room. If there are no threats then he will simply wait for,the others to get up top before retrieving his grappling hook and rope and then searching the room.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"You dolls like to play games. But now it's time for work." Richard proceeds to climb up the ladder With his 22 Climb check.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

The doll whispers quietly at Richard, We'll meet again!

You all make it into the room without incident.

What are you dooing in the room?

This room contains a crystalline pool encircled by a border of eldritch symbols.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"Well then. What have we here?" He scans the crystal pool.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Once he see the eldritch writing Tal stops moving and waits for the others to tell him it is all clear. He knows the dangers of this place and doesn’t want to put a foot in the wrong spot.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Knowledge: Whatever: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Mera studies the symbols, trying to place them.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric examines the markings too but without much comprehension.

So turns out I have no ranks in Spellcraft... oops! :)


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Knowledge(Religion or Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Hmm... Mera, do you have any idea on what this circle is? Maybe we found the spirits inhabiting those cute, creepy dolls."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera nods to Richard. She holds out her hand to shush him while she looks towards the ceiling, thinking. "Yes, yes, I'm sure of it. Hold on, it's on the tip of my tongue..."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Try as you might no one knows what the runes do. Needed 20 on a spellcraft.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Anyone have an identify scroll with them?


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard waits... but it's still a mystery to him.

"I think all we can do for now is press on."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

With out anything else to go on Tal raises his shield and was about to proceed into the room, muscles tense in expectation that a fireball or worse will come flying at him. However before he does he asks richard to bring out the head and ask it about this area for any information. If none is forthcoming or pertinent then he will have to do this the old fashion way.

If the head says nothing...As he moves forward he tries to crisscross the room to inspect everywhere so those behind him do not get hit as well. If nothing does happen to hi then he will motion the group onward and finally breathe a sigh a relief. [b]I hate this place not knowing what is all going on.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Hey there. Devil head. Have you had fun hearing creepy dolls try to kill us?" He smiles. "Tell us about this circle. What do you know of it?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

He tries to be nice.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric can take over 'head' duties if you like. He gets bonuses to make evil creatures do nice things like not let us die!


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

I took you long enough to take me out of that bag! It is stuffy in there! Khazrae blinks a couple of times to adjust to the light. Ah! This room! The Thrune's had a devil of a time figuring this out, but they finally decoded that if you went to the edge of the pool, a large water elemental would rise up and create a watery image of you so you could make sure you look presentable. Of course the thing never rose so some foolish Thrune went over and started splashing the water. The elemental rose up and straggled the idiot where he stood. Before the others could react the life was choked out of the 'pathfinder' and the elemental retreated back into the pool. A devilish grin crosses her face. Let's see if it is still in there. Why don't one of you go splishy-splashy in the pool?


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Fantastic. Thank you for the warning." Richard smiles.

"If we can, maybe we should go around it. If we can't, then... Tal, it may be time for you to help us. Again. Don't forget the heroism I placed on you." He grins.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

How about we just stay away from it altogether? I have no desire to face off against a water demon. That fire demon was enough of a problem last week. If it does appear though everyone fall back till we can get it trapped in a narrow area.

Assuming everyone agrees Tal moves on to another room.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Onward, then!" Richard points in a different direction.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Bypassing the fountain, although The Head keeps wanting one of you to splash it, you find about 12 rooms that at one time might have been guest rooms, but now are just dusty rooms with dilapidated furniture. A thorough search of the rooms turns up nothing of note. These are very similar to the rooms at the other end of this floor.

COMPLETED
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry
B10-The Rostrum of Vanishment
B11-Council Chamber
B12-Guest Rooms
B13-Vanity
B14-Catwalk Bridge


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Hmmm, more old and broken down rooms. I guess a cursory sweep for any magic then on we go.

Tal pauses momentarily for the spell casters to search and then moves down to find the next room.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric sweeps for magic - not that he'll be able to tell what it is...


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Sherix's Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Richard and Sherix take a look around the room.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

There is nothing magical in the rooms and you feel like there is nothing more to explore on this floor.

COMPLETED
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry
B10-The Rostrum of Vanishment
B11-Council Chamber
B12-Guest Rooms
B13-Vanity
B14-Catwalk Bridge


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Sorry can’t see a map to orientate myself but Tal will look for a way up or down as needed.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"It's all just rubbish." Richard shrugs. "Let's move on."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

You go back to the ground floor and except for the two areas you skipped, you do not see a way down.

COMPLETED
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry
B10-The Rostrum of Vanishment
B11-Council Chamber
B12-Guest Rooms
B13-Vanity
B14-Catwalk Bridge

Delvehaven Ground Floor

Delvehaven Upper Level


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Looks like you uploaded the Ground Floor, twice.

"Maybe we need to deal with that water elemental. Should we press on, or rest for the day?"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"Is this the whole building?" Edric asks? "Have you explored every room? If so we should look again, if not then perhaps we should look through the other rooms. I am sure that there is something to be found here."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Sorry about that!

Delvehaven Ground Floor

Delvehaven Upper Level


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"I feel like we've searched every room. Except for that water elemental. And the Foyers, but those are trapped."

"Do we want to risk those rooms?"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

The map looks like B6 has stairs going down. Did we miss those the first time?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@Tal: You are correct!

Heading down the stairs, you see that this chamber showcases a staggering array of model ships, most of them damaged. Many of the miniature vessels seem to have once been displayed inside bottles, but these displays are now universally broken. The ships themselves come in all sizes, ranging from a half-foot in length to a massive seven-foot frigate on a stand in the middle of the room, its masts broken and hanging askew in a tangle of rigging.

Perception DC15:
You notice the tang of salt air and feel the subtle shifting in the floor as if one were standing aboard a ship at sea.

After a few moments you all are momentarily overwhelmed by the room and have a brief vision of a hale and hardy human male (who looks like Donatalus Bisby from the art found in the hall above) arguing with a smaller half-elf male (who you believe is Ilnerik Sivanshen) on the deck of a storm-tossed ship.

DC17 Will Save if fails:
You stand rooted in place and speak aloud the lines of the argument in voices not your own. First, Bisby yells, “We didn’t lose all of this and endure those torments to tinker and meddle with our one spoil from the whole damnable affair.” Ilnerik answers with, “And yet again the trademark Bisby hesitance stalls what could have been a gripping chapter in his dreary chronicle.” Bisby’s reply is, “Enough from you! You’re here to chronicle my deeds, not dictate them! Keep your place!”, after which Ilnerik seems ready to attack his companion. This vision and these spoken lines persist for the duration of the surprise round. On the round immediately following, any PC who failed his Will save immediately attacks his nearest ally, as if under the effects of a song of discord. This effect persists for only 6 rounds before the room’s effects pass and the room is once again still. A character affected who is pulled from the room (or is perhaps tricked into leaving the room to pursue a fleeing friend) immediately regains his senses, but if he reenters the room before the room’s effects have run their course, he begins his attack anew. Feel free to rp that!


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Sherix's Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Sherix chirps "It feels like we're at sea, eh?" Richard looks up at his assistant.

Richard's Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Sherix's Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Richard responds "Really? What's with those two?" He turns to his friends. "Do any of you see those two arguing?"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Perception 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
Will save 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Tal does not noticing anything peculiar in the room. Nah Richard that is just your over active imagination at work. This is just another broken and battered room ful of worthless junk that no one has any...

Tal stops talking immediately as he looks from Richard to Mera and back again to Richard as if they are having a conversation onlyhe can hear them saying. Whatever he is hearing isn’t good though as his hand tightens upon his sword and his teeth clench in anger at the both of them.

Init?

4,551 to 4,600 of 4,829 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.