DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


4,501 to 4,550 of 4,804 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"Where I fly, I don't need bridges." Sherix flies off across the bridge, to see if there's anything interesting on the other side.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal watches as Sherix flies away to the other side. Be careful my winged friend. We don’t know what maybe over there.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Sherix flies across the bridge and sees that this room contains a crystalline pool encircled by a border of eldritch symbols. B13


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

Sherix takes a look, takes notes and flies back.

"Some kind of pool, surrounded with symbols. Magical, probably." Sherix chirps.

"If the bridge is going to collapse, then you'll need to take the long way to get there. So, about face? Or lower a rope down there?"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera looks to Sherix, then over to the distance that needs to be spanned. "Can't you carry a silke rope across and tie it off for us little birdy? Surely that's not to much to ask from that large mouth of yours?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"Do I have opposable thumbs? Ask that spear of yours if it can tie a rope after you toss it over." Sherix snaps back and flies on Richard's shoulder.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard sighs. "What Sherix means is that she can't really tie anything without hands. Maybe she can find a place to secure the rope? We won't know without going down there, anyway."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera glares at the bird for its crass comment. She quips ”Oh look, pretty bird has a sense of humor, doesn’t she? It’s a glaive, not a spear. But you wouldn’t understand that, now would you? hmm? “

”Here hold still, I’ll tie the rope around your neck nice and tight so you won’t drop it. Just fly around around that post a few times until you can’t breathe anymore and we should be fine. I’ll even give you a cracker for a treat.”

With a sigh of exasperation, she turns away to start heading back. ”Let’s go.”


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

How far away is the other side of the room? Also how far down is the courtyard?

Tal holds up his heands between Sheri’s and Mera. Hey guys, relax. No need to be fighting each other when there is plenty here that is trying to kill us. If we are. It able to cross safely then we simple go around. We are not rushed while in here and so can take this simply and safely. However I do have a grappling hook with me. Sherix, is there a ledge on the far side that you could carry the grappling hook and rope and drop it there to fasten it?

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric just watches, smiling good naturedly as Mera gets her ass whipped by a bird.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@Tal: It is 160ft across, 30ft high


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Nevermind getting across it lol

Tal reconsiders ruing to cross with the rope but still offers to lower those down with the rop if they want it.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"If we return another day I could beseech Milani for a spell of flight so that one of us may cross." Edric offers. "Unfortunately I have few blessings left today."

I'm down to 4 1sts and 1 2nd level. Lot's of channelling though so I can still heal us plenty.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"We may as well check the courtyard, then." Richard coils his whip then takes Tal's rope. "Down we go!"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera watches Richard descend the rope. After he is out of sight she briefly considers kicking Sherix, but resists the urge and climbs down instead.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal lowers everyone down the rope until he is the last one remaining. Fixing his shield to the rope he lowers that as well before dropping the grapple hook and rope down as well. Swinging his feet over the past edge and lowering himself as far as possible Tal drops the remaining 20 ft to the ground below.

Acrobatic soft fall 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 dc 20 i think

Tal manages to cushion his landing only taking 1d6 ⇒ 1 damage in the process.

Once down he gathers his shield and rope and heads to the other end of the room to throw the grapple up there to reverse the process.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Going down the rope you find yourselves in the Rostrum of Vanishment where you hear multitude of giggles with a cry of They are back to play with us! Just as before, you do not see anyone in the room.

COMPLETED
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry
B10-The Rostrum of Vanishment
B11-Council Chamber
B12-Guest Rooms


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

"Awww shucks, here we go again." Sherix squawks before Richard gives her a look. "What? You said no swearing!"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal nears the voice and resolutely moves onward ignoring the invisible voices and proceeeds to the other end to toss the grapple hook and rope up. Just ignore them Mera. Not worth it right now.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera tightens her grip on her glaive, spinning in a slow circle as she tries to pinpoint them. "Obnoxious abominations. Do you think they are just going to leave us alone? No. They are going to stab us in the back when it is least convenient. We should deal with them now."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"You have to find them." Edric points out. "I have no way of assisting in this I fear."

That said he examines the dais as best he can, trying to work out if he might deactivate the magic somehow.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"They'll arrive when they are ready." Richard nods. "The only way to avoid a backstabbing would be to leave and abandon the mission. I'll keep going."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

As Edric moves around the platform, he feels a sharp prick drawing blood.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Should the fey appear then Tal will rush forward to engage with them. However he is willing to just ignore them and move on.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"Stop that!" Edric says firmly, sounding for all the world like a school-teacher. "This is not acceptable behaviour for any being. If you truly want people to play with you then you must listen to them and play the games that they wish to play as well. You were clearly once good people - this place has become a curse. You must strive not to be a part of that!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 = 29 the extra +2 is because I'm trying to get an evil creature to act against its nature.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"I agree." Richard nods. "How about you show yourself so we can discuss it nicely."

Automatically aid Diplomacy.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera does not partake in diplomacy with the demonic dolls. She instead prepares to attack one when it shows itself, holding her glaive with a menacing gleam in her eyes.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Why play other games when ouchies is sooooo much fun?

If you didn't move away from the disc...

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

Little, demonic giggling is heard from the platform.

I love the fact that you are RPing this doll encounter so well!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

"That's it, I'm done!" Mera screams as she turns red in the face. "This foolishness ends now!"

Mera stomps over next to Goldy and starts swinging the glaive in all of the areas adjacent to him. [b]"Die already you damned abominations!"/b]


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"What I wouldn't do for some Glitterdust right about now..." Richard shrugs. "We may as well move on for now."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric makes a grab for where he thinks the dolls must be, and nearly has his hands sliced off by Meera for his trouble!

Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Miss? 1 good: 1d2 ⇒ 2


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal marches over and tries to grab Mera by the shoulder. Snap out of it and just leave them alone. It’s not worth getting ourselves worked up over. We have a job to do so let’s get it done.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera continues to swipe at nothingness in her attempts to bring down the dolls. She growls in frustration when Tal interrupts her, glowering at him. She doesn't respond however and slips the glaive into her right hand and begins to march away with him in silence, checking over her shoulder twice for any sign of the stupid toys.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

?: 1d5 ⇒ 1

Edric surprisingly grabs a piece of string! Hey! That's not how you play Ouchies!

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

With the string in hand Edric backpedals, hoping to draw whatever he has off the invisibility platform.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Mera continues to swing into the are where Eric pulls the string from. "I'll show you how to play ouchies! Hold still!"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal stands there in a stupor as the rest of the group seems to be obsessed with the invisible things. Watching them swing around futilely. Tal is reminded of blindfolded children at a party trying to swing a bat at a piñata only to have it pulled away at the last moment as the rest of the party cheers on. Tal suddenly smiles in the midst of the abandoned pathfinder house as he thinks that would be an excellent idea for Lily to have at her soon to be orphanage. It wouldn't be to hard to make and children would love it. Instead of candy though perhaps fill it with dolls, chalk, and other items for children to play with.

Caught up in his daydream he ignores the rest of the party unless their shouts of anger turn to pain or worse.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Edric pulls the string and as it leaves the disc, a wooden pull-toy dragon becomes visible! Mera swings at it and misses. In response, Drogon Draggy the dragon belches out a plume of fire at her!

Damage (Reflex Save DC11 for half): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 Seriously?!

Since some stated their desire to leave the toys alone and move on, whoever wants to fight them, roll for initiative.

Draggy's Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

If they aren't chasing us, I say we leave. Something tells me Mera is going to stay and fight it, though...

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Richard waits to see if Mera is going to enter a deathmatch against a toy dragon.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric attempts to fall back from the dais with the dragon.

Not necessarily going for combat now that I've got 1. Happy to pull them away and beat it to death/stop it.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

You know Mera all too well Richie! Sorry to be the party pooper but...

Mera groans loudly as the fire hits her, but she's able to dodge about half of it. "Oh, it's like THAT is it? Fine!"

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Oof.

Attack, glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Attack, glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Attack, glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

I went ahead and rolled up a few rounds of attacks to speed things up. She'll keep attacking as long as its up."


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"You can't lash out at every critic, Mera."

This is it. Woman holding a possessed glaive striking at a wooden possessed dragon.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera blurts out in between swings. "TRY. AND STOP. ME. HOLYSMITH!"


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Oh Mera! Never a dull moment and I love it!

Round 1

Draggy belches fire again.

Damage (Reflex Save DC11 for half): 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

You hear tiny voices cheer! Yay Draggy! Ouchie Ouchie!

The cheering stops when the glaive falls hard on Draggy!

Round 2

Fire comes forth from Draggy.

Damage (Reflex Save DC11 for half): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

There is more cheering that turns to boos as Mera breaks Draggy into splinters!

Out of Round Mode

Perception DC15:
For a brief second you see something small start to leave the disc and just as suddenly retreat!

Hey! You killed him! That is not how you play Ouchie! You're mean!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

After the the dragon breaks into spliters, Mera smashes her glaive down on it three more times in overkill. When she looks up at her party, her breath is ragged and comes in fits and spurts. Taking a look at their faces, she looks back at the splintered dragon and shrugs. "What? You're welcome."

To the voice that calls her mean she responds "Come on out and I'll show you mean you possessed child's toy!"

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

8 damage

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal looks at Mera, looks at Richard, shakes his head as he lifts his shoulders, looks at ‘Draggy’, continues to shake his head and leans up against the wall. Really Mera, are you satisfied now that you broke a toy. Quit dawdling and let it go.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera's lip quivers in a near snarl, but she bottles the retort and speaks off to the dolls who are likely still lingering. "Show your faces again and I'll separate your heads from your bodies. Leave us alone."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Can't not make the perception check.

Edric shoots a stern glare at the creature he saw momentarily leave the dais.

"You see. When you play ouchies someone always gets hurt, and it could well be you. This is not a game you should be playing."


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"I know not to get between a woman and her favorite rod." Richard muses.

Beneath his smile he continues to observe the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Sherix Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Or maybe he's staring at Mera's fine behind.

At least Sherix is observant. "Something small just left the disc, then retreated."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Oh! We WILL play with you and it will be a time when you are busy playing with something else! a tiny voice says menacingly. We promise you!

4,501 to 4,550 of 4,804 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.