DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


4,401 to 4,450 of 4,794 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>

m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

I prefer rats over skeletal triceratops any day. At least they bleed and act like rats still.

I was hoping you would pick up on the turtle comment Mera, lol.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

B6-Hall of Armor

The walls of this large display hall are decorated with numerous small alcoves. Some of these alcoves contain bits of exotic armor—a red-and-gold breastplate here, a plumed helm there—but most of the alcoves are empty with bits of armor scattered on the floor. A fully armored knight mounted on an equally armored horse stands in the middle of the hall on a low display.

The Chelish knight’s full plate is in fact +1 full plate, and the barding his horse wears is masterwork full plate barding.

It looks like in their hasty retreat from the lodge, the Thrune Pathfinders looted much of the more expensive or powerfully magic armor from this display.

In the wall displays, only two other interesting bits of armor remain, each identified by a small bronze plaque.

Dawnhunter: This red-and-gold +1 light fortification breastplate is crafted and painted to look as if it had been carved from stone. It belonged to Commander Helmrunner of the Ever-Advancing Legion, said to have been one of the dwarven commanders to lead an army to the surface during the Quest for Sky so long ago.

O-yori: Recovered from Tian Xia, this ceremonial armor is composed of tiny metal plates tied together by colored leather lacings (treat this as a masterwork chain shirt). A ceramic facemask depicting the visage of a beautiful Tien woman completes the design. This facemask is lacquered with truecolor dye.

Truecolor Dye:
Horticulturists harvest this magical dye from the pulp of rare plants found only in the lushest regions of Tian Xia. Bisby first encountered this dye while visiting the royal courts of the Miracle Samurai during his early adventures as a Pathfinder. He made a point of returning with several bottles, and the decision served him well over the next several decades.

Truecolor dye produces vibrant colors, yet the actual color that registers varies according to the personality and temperment of the viewer—the viewer’s good, neutral, or evil alignment component determines the color he sees. Good viewers see a pleasing gold, while evil viewers see a rich blood red. A neutral viewer sees the dye as its actual color, a dull orange. Centuries ago, truecolor dye was used in the miracle courts of Tian Xia as a way to trick emissaries into revealing their alignments, but its secret has long since been disseminated on the eastern continent and lost its hidden value. A DC 25 Knowledge (geography or nature) check reveals the dye’s nature.

A single vial of truecolor dye is enough to coat a square foot of material, or to ink 5 pages of text. Once applied, truecolor dye is permanent, although it can be washed off with universal solvent.

Completed
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestible
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Beautiful..." Richard notes the armor. "This dye is a beautiful gold..."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 24/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 7/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"We should take these things." Edric suggests, "They are no use to anyone here and the Pathfinders do not need them. Tal? Would either of them suit you?"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal moves closer to the full plate armor on the knight and inspects it without actually touching the plate. He lets out a low whistle in appreciation. Yes I could use this armor if indeed it is what it seems to be. However with everything else in here that is trying to kill us I am leery of even touching it let alone trying it on. If you deem it safe though I will attempt it. Dawnhunter and Oyori I have no use for but surely one of you should wear them.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 24/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 7/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric examines the armours closely with detect magic and cannot find anything amiss.

"They seem fine to me Tal. I think its safe to put them on."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera marvels over the armor. She moves closer to help Tal take off his current armor. "It's exquisite, I think you should put it on Tal. Here, let me help you get out of that one. This one new one looks complicated."

When he starts to protest, Mera shushes him. "Now, now, we're on a very important mission as a team and now is not the time for modesty. Shut your trap and lets get this done."


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard can't help but chuckle at Mera's haste. Anything to see him in the buff, eh? Still, he's the only person who could look good in full plate.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal acquiesces to Mera demands and let’s her help him take off his old plate. Just is you know though Mera, every plate armor comes with a padding underneath as well. I will not need the padding removed right now as that is quite well fitted to me already. Thanks for helping with the straps and metal plates though. Taking this armor off and on is really a 2 person job.

And Tal’s AC just rose another notch! Now just need to keep the rest of you alive as well.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera sighs "This padding doesn't look like it's going to fit together well if you ask me. I think around it's going to be tight around the stomach area for you. If you ask my professional opinion, it should be remove and re-seat it."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

I'll let Tal answer Mera's suggestion. ;)

B10-The rostrum of vanishment

Moving on you see dozens of pillars support a wooden terrace that surrounds a weed-choked inner courtyard. Underneath the terrace, a variety of weapon racks rest against an outer stone wall, protected from the outdoor weather. In the center of the open courtyard sits a raised dais composed of a mysterious blue metal. The strange circular stage is fifty feet across. Above, a wooden walkway hangs suspended at a height of thirty feet, connecting the southern and northern upper floors of the lodge in a perilous looking route.

Completed
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestibule
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B4-The Foyer of Fellowship (Trapped) IGNORED
B5-The Foyer of Reflection (Trapped) IGNORED
B6-Hall of Armor
B7-Privies
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard takes a look at the strange blue dais, scanning for magical auras.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Sherix's Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera detects magic, scanning the room. She whispers "This room is ominous right, it's not just me?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"It's always ominous..."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal gently pries off Mera’s hands as she is trying to rip his padding away. Not so fast there Mera. This padding is quite god enough. Perhaps when we get back I will try to the other set to make sure it fits properly but for now I think this is quite good enough. Thank you for your concern about the possibly plate chaffing me.

Tal leads the others onward till they get to the Rostrum of Vanishment as detailed on the plaque outside the door. Yeah this looks a bit strange. However those weapon racks might hold something interesting. Want me to venture forward while you back to see if anything pops out?

If so then Tal will raise his shield and proceed to the metal blue disc but not touch it.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

The blue disk radiates strong magic of an illusion aura. It does not react to Tal approaching it.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"An illusion. We won't really know what it does until we interact with it." Richard walks up to the disk. After a moment's hesitation, he touches it...


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera sighs when Richard touches it. "Why do men always feel the need to touch the shiny thing when they have no idea what it is or what it does?"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 24/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 7/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"And why do women always feel the need to complain about it?" Edric asks, shooting Mera a wide grin. "That said I agree with you. Touching that thing does not seem like a good idea."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera grins as well ”Because my dear cleric, women are always right.”


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"I can't spend my entire life gawking at the shiny bits, that would be rude." Richard wryly remarks. "Besides if it's going to try to kill me it should challenge me on my terms, when I'm ready."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

As Richard touches the disc, he disappears!

@Richard:
You are still there, just not visible. Kind of like when Mera casts an invisible spell on herself.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera throws her hands up in the air. "See. Men."

She calls out "Richard dear, are you out there?"


HP 30/30 | AC 19 T 16 FF 17 | Saves 0/6/6 | Init 2 | Perception 12 | Master

Sherix continues to tweet and starts flying around Richard.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Hmmm? Oh yes, I'm here." Richard replies. "I can't see my hands, wow." He laughs. "I guess I'm invisible for now."

"Shall we move on, or do you want to touch it?"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Rolling her eyes, Mera slowly shakes her head back and forth. ”I’ve touched enough to know that they are all the same, invisible or not. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s any bigger.”


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal sizes up the strange metal. How big is it and is it possible to take it with us?

That is a potent item. Is there some way to duplicate it or take it with us?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

The disk is really big and heavy.

The head tells you that the Pathfinders would use the disk to train at fighting unseen foes or other trickery.

As Richard steps off, he becomes visible again and immediately a column of flame comes from the disk.

@Richard: Fire Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 Reflex Save DC11 for half.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Well, well. This thing is quite heavy. Still, the visibility will come in hand-"

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

"Whoa! Hot!" Richard rolls away from the flames. "Well that's quite an experience!" He laughs. "I think we're ready to move forward." He can't help but feel entertained by the magic disc.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Well I might not be able to take it with us at the moment but given time I am sure we could come up with some way to transport that with us. However in the meantime we should just catalog it and know of its use here if we need the tactical advantage even if it does come with a cost.

If nothing else is here then Tal will look at the weapons and move on.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera nods. "This is a problem for later. If Richard is done touching things, let's proceed please."


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"That is a quest I never hope to complete." Richard smiles. "But yes, onward."

Sherix pecks him for the crass comment.
Totally worth it.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

As you all turn to leave, you hear a giggle and a tiny voice says, Oh! Won't you stay and play with us? If you don't, we will only find you later! You then hear more giggling.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera freezes when she hears the voice.

Of course there is someone else here who's invisible.

Mera looks around, trying to find the source of the giggle. "We'd love to stay and chat. To whom are we speaking with?"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Knowing that the talking head is a demon Tal looks at Richard and asks him. Any luck she might be able to help?

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 24/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 7/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric too looks around carefully, hoping to pinpoint the source of the voice.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Mera wrote:
"We'd love to stay and chat. To whom are we speaking with?"

My name is Molly Missy. We'd like to play with you! He played with us and he looks funny now! We'd like to play with his birdie too! This is followed by giggles.

The head said, My guess is those might be the infamous soulbound dolls. They might be small, but they probably can easily kill a few of you!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera freezes when the head mentions dolls. A chilling memory from a previous conversation resurfaces:

Quote:
When Bisby and Sivanshen returned from their expedition with the relic, they both 'changed'. Bisby became obsessed with his dolls and Sivanshen with creatures of shadow. Some of the pathfinders laughed at their new 'hobbies' but some of us worried about their delve into what we considered 'dark arts'. They were both secretive with their respective passions that none of us really knew what they were doing. Nothing much. We thought he was crazy saying these child's playthings would be great guardians. We thought it was laughable.

These are Bisby's great guardians.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Mera smiles and throws her hands up. "It's so wonderful to meet you Molly! We would love your help if you're up for it? We're new here and aren't that familiar with the layout of this place. Would you mind showing us around perhaps? This play can be DANGEROUS so we've seen. Hopefully that's not too MUCH TROUBLE?

Bluff: Convey Secret Message to Tal: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Convey Secret Message: You can use Bluff to pass hidden messages to another character without others understanding your true meaning. The DC of this check is 15 for simple messages and 20 for complex messages. If you are successful, the target automatically understands you, assuming you are speaking in a language that it understands. If your check fails by 5 or more, you deliver the wrong message. Other creatures that hear the message can decipher the message by succeeding at an opposed Sense Motive check against your Bluff result.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal sighs as he gets Mera's message. Hopefully she would be able to sweet talk them and let them go. However, everything was trying to kill them in here so why not invisible talking dolls as well. IF only he had a way to make them visible or at least pinpoint where they were. IF so then he would try and make short work of them. Until then he just moved closer tot he group and prepared to defend the group the only way he could.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 24/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 7/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"It would be very nice to meet you properly." Edric adds, with a note of gentle reprimand in his voice. "How can we be friends if we can't even see you?"

Diplo Aid: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Ah, here to have fun and games, eh?" Richard laughs and wanders around Tal. "Please show yourself, so we know whom we are addressing."

Diplomacy(Aid): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 24/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 7/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

We shall drown them with our tide of Diplomacy! 87 between 3 of us is pretty goo! :D


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Who is the odd one out here lol? At least we make a good team covering others deficits.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Speaking of, did we lose Stryx?


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

24 days since last posted


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

A small doll steps off the disc. She looks like a regular child's doll except one that was horribly neglected and sewn back together by someone who has no business with a needle and thread.

She says in a tiny, sweet voice We can be friends! Just as long as you let us play with you! We like all of you! Won't you play with us?


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera crouches down to assume a lower posture and appear friendlier. She smiles, putting her hands on her knees. "I know! How about we play a game? I loooove playing hide and seek, have you heard of that one before? It's my favorite!"


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

She giggles. No. We like another game. We call it Ouchies. We play like this!

She then takes a hairpin and tries to stab Mera's hand with it.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

She then giggles as she runs back to the disc shouting Ouchie! Ouchie! Boo Boo!

@Mera: You can return the 'ouchie' if you want to (AOO).


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera yanks her hand away when the doll tries to stab her with a hairpin. Barely getting her hand away quick enough, the diva scowls as her hand instinctively flashes to her back and wraps around her glaive. As she grasps a hold of the long weapon, a burning feeling of determination and vengeance overtakes her. She grits her teeth and tightens her hand around the shaft as she whips it around in front of her.

Thrusting it forward she yells "B@@+$!" with murderous intent in her eyes.

Attack, Glaive: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Will, Glaive: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 9/23 (Inspire Courage, 4 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Language." Richard scolds.

He turns to the dolls. "My friend has a... short temper. How does this game work again?"

4,401 to 4,450 of 4,794 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.