DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


4,351 to 4,400 of 4,832 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>

m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Still waiting for the inevitable rush form the triceratops Tal strikes out again with his warhammer in the hopes of bringing down the last enemy between himself and skeletrops.

power expertise inspired heroism attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 for 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

AC 29


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 6

Tal hits the puppy!

Round 7
Shadow Mastiff 1 24 (-9/51) DEAD
Edric 18(50/50)
Mera 17 (47/47)
Shadowy Triceratops Skeleton 16 (41/91) WOUNDED
Stryx 14 (30/30)
Mummy 1 14 (-7/60)DEAD
Shadow Mastiff 2 12 (22/51)WOUNDED
Richard/Sherix 10 (60/60)(30/30)
Tal 9 (62/62)WOUNDED
Mummy 2 1 (-43/60)DEAD

Up Next:Everyone


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"And now, there is one." Richard craps his whip again.

Whip: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Richard did what with his whip? Sounds painful! :D


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Duck you autocorrect!

Richard cracks his whip at the shadow mastiff.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal continues to focus on taking out shadow mastiff in front of him as he sees Richard hit with his whip as well.

power expertise attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 for 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Tal feels the crunch of bones beneath his warhammer and smiles with satisfaction as soon it will be just the triceratops and him exchanging blows...and this time the triceratops will not get so lucky!

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric holds his position, trying to conserve his remaining spells until they are actually needed!

Aid Tal's AC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 +2 AC Tal!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Don't forget inspire courage at +2 is still going Tal.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

I still have it included. Thanks Mera!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Sorry! I looked at your stats and it said +10 in your block which is what you listed above, so I assumed it wasn't there. I'll stop snooping now. :)

"Nice work boys, keep it up." Mera continues to hold her shot ready if it comes to it, letting Tal and Richard continue to deal out melee damage.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

All Good Mera! Yeah I have multiple attacks listed based on PA and CE with my +1 longsword and weapon focus. The final line had both PA and CE listed at a +8. So with the warhammer should be a +6. At least this is what is listed for me according to Hero Lab. I might have to check Hero Lab again though to make sure it is correct.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 7

Edric helps Tal deflect the mastiff. Mera whispers words of encouragement. The mastiff misses Tal

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Richard uses his whip to hurt the mastiff. Tal slays the Mastiff.

When the mastiff falls, the dino releases a blast of Searing Darkness at Tal.

Searing Darkness: 5d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3, 6) = 15

Round 8
Shadow Mastiff 1 24 (-9/51) DEAD
Edric 18(50/50)
Mera 17 (47/47)
Shadowy Triceratops Skeleton 16 (41/91) WOUNDED
Stryx 14 (30/30)
Mummy 1 14 (-7/60)DEAD
Shadow Mastiff 2 12 (-2/51)DEAD
Richard/Sherix 10 (60/60)(30/30)
Tal 9 (47/62)WOUNDED
Mummy 2 1 (-43/60)DEAD

Up Next: Everyone


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

No attack roll with the he searing darkness...dang.

Mera I am going to need some healing again real soon. Ready everyone? Let’s take it down!

Once Mera heals him again Tal moves over to engage the triceratops, shield first waiting for the trample again.

Standard to set shield.
Move 20 forward.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric moves up behind Tal and unleashes a wave of light to sear the undead dinosaur.

Channel vs Undead.: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) = 12


Male Human Sorcerer/5 | HP 30/30 | AC 14 | Save +3/+3/+5 | Init +2 Dex | BAB +1/+4

"I have a bad feeling about this … "

Stryx chants an incantation and 3 shadow missiles fly towards the beast.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 = 12


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"This is it!" Richard grabs his flask of holy water and hurls it at the dinosaur.

Ranged Touch, 1 range penalty: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 22
Holy Damage vs Undead: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
1 damage if it hits

"Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera can see the injury on Tal and responds, "I've got you. Hold still for just a second please while I fix it." Reaching out she speaks the words to her healing spell and the majority of the bodyguard's wounds fade away.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 8

Edric channels energy while Mera heals Tal's wounds.

Will Save DC18: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15

The dino charges Tal.

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 2 = 24

Well if that ain't some disappointing $#!+!

Stryx hits it with a magic missile. Richard hits it with some holy water.

Tal prepares for the onslaught but the horns are just a tad off.

Round 9
Shadow Mastiff 1 24 (-9/51) DEAD
Edric 18(50/50)
Mera 17 (47/47)
Shadowy Triceratops Skeleton 16 (14/91) WOUNDED
Stryx 14 (30/30)
Mummy 1 14 (-7/60)DEAD
Shadow Mastiff 2 12 (-2/51)DEAD
Richard/Sherix 10 (60/60)(30/30)
Tal 9 (58/62)WOUNDED
Mummy 2 1 (-43/60)DEAD

Up Next: Everyone


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"I'll help distract it, Tal!"

Richard moves in and uses his whip to Aid Tal's AC by +2. He stays 10 feet from the dino, behind Tal.

Whip vs AC 10: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 22


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Clearly Tal and the rest had the triceratops number as they were able to counter the tactics it threw at them. Still Tal braced for the oncoming horns but breathed easier when his shield turned them aside. Countering the charge Tal gripped the warhammer and brought it down with power. Time to die beast.

warhammer power attack with heroisms and inspire courage 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 for 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

As the warhammer slammed in Tal looked back at where he assumed Mera and the rest were. That felt great. Lets finish it and grind it to dust if we need to!

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Well we did prep for this, really hard!

As Tal smashes the dinosaur down Edric steps forward to examine the fallen undead. "I can bless an area for us to bury it in if you fear it reforming." He says.

Knw Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Is there much risk of this thing reforming?


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Epic tension mounting. I feel like we've been building to this moment for months! :)

Mera continues to inspire her allies as they finally return to combat the undead dino once again. She stows her crossbow knowing that it will be of little use right now. She keeps an eye on everyone's health, ready to cast a cure spell to help relieve any injury.

While invisible, I'll be staying near Tal as he moves in case I need to heal him again.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Unless Tal's warhammer is also good, then the dino has 3HP left (DR 5/bludgeoning and good)


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Good and bludgeoning...you got to be kidding me...someone kill that thing.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Wow, what a turnaround from last time, eh? I helped Tal's AC, so someone else finish it off, quick!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

I could cast cure light wounds since I'm invisible and deliver it to him. Want me to do that?

Cure light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

If you all want Mera to use the spell, that will finish it.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Killsteal! Do it!


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

At the point who cares about a kill steal as long as it is dead. However IF RichD lets me take a story feat then I might be calling dibs on a few big kills to complete the feat requirements.

Out of nowhere Mera appears and the triceratops crashes to the ground in a pile of inanimate bones. Certain the Mera had something to do with it but not sure what Tal does not waste any time before he smashes the bones to dust releasing the pent up frustration of the fight and the day before. I have never had to run from a fight before like I did last time. I fought a diretiger, a fire demon, a hordes of lesser demons and came through fine. You get 1 lucky shot in with your horn and I end up retreating. Ptthh Tal spits on the dust in anger.

Turning back to the others Tal composes himself quickly as he slings his warhammer on his back and draws his longsword. Don't worry everyone. Just a little anger issues with that one. Ready to continue the search?


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Recognizing the dino is close to falling and that she hasn't contributed much to this fight, Mera decides to throw caution to the wind and take matters into her own hands. "I'm going in." she states flatly without much emotion.

Casting her cure spell behind the safety of Tal, she strides forward invisibly and places her hand on huge leg of the undead creature. Hoping that she read the situation correctly, she looks up and expects it to collapse to the ground around her. And not stomp on her and flatten her like a bug

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"It is over." Edric says solemnly as the skeleton collapses. "I have used my greatest spells, but I still have some useful skills and reserves of energy. Shall we press on?"

I'm low on spell slots, but plenty of channelling left :)


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Aha! Splendid! And I helped." Richard is beaming with pride.

Sherix tweets, maybe sarcastically.

"I'm good to go." Richard shrugs. "Some spells spent, but otherwise. I hope you are ready for more punishment, Tal." He laughs.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Where to next?

Completed
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestible
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B8-The Nautalica


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

As the dino collapses, she does her best to doge the beast and not get flattened. Once it's down and Tal begins to unleash his aggression, she watches with amusement. She claps her hands in applause when he finishes, "Bravo. I don't blame you one bit my dear, that was one of the more unpleasant experiences I can recall."

Turning to her team she bows her head in thanks. "Well done, all of you. Much better than our first time through here. "

Looking around the room at their options she shrugs her shoulders when considering whether to rest or press on "The day is young still, let us see what further troubles await us here."

Can we have a refresher on our options? How about B4! :)


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Hm. I think we've been to library already." Richard ponders. "Maybe the Nautalica is next on our journey."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

I think we are in the Nautalica. At least it sounds like it should have something to do with water...perhaps we should ask our resident talking head what is next as well?

Not sure of the map but avoid the trapped hallways and continue north?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Yes, you are in the Nautalica.

When the head is removed, she looks surprised. I am amazed you idiots did not die, but the day is still young!

When asked, she will tell you that there are privies off this room B7 and a kitchen to the south B9. She will tell you that there's a place where armor was displayed to the north B6.

Map has been expanded.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Are there any traps we should know about in any of those rooms? If not then let us at least check the privies and the kitchen quick to make sure there is nothing behind us as we move forward.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Alright, let's check the kitchen first. Be ready for anything." Richard keeps his whip ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Sherix's Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

This large serving kitchen is equipped with a pair of humongous ovens now sealed with bricks. A pantry lies to the south.

Long fallen to disuse, this kitchen holds little of note. The foodstuffs left behind in the pantry (area B9a) molded over several decades ago, but the resulting stench has long receded.

Completed
B1-Front Entryway
B2-Grand Vestible
B3-The Library Of Inducted Experience
B8-The Nautalica
B9-Kitchen
B9A-Pantry


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"So then... the privy?" Richard raises a curious eyebrow and Sherix tweets. "We have to be thorough. Besides, if the kitchen's empty no one has been here for a while."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"After you." Edric says with a smile. "I'll keep an eye out from a safe distance!"

Speaking of which, Edric will take 10 in each room - getting 26 each time.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera doesn't care where she goes, but along the way she starts discussing titles she should now posses. "What do you think of Lady Mera Wist-Thrune, triple threat to the hearts and minds of living men as well as large, savior and slayer of undead monstrosities from the forgotten past?"


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Needs more alliteration. Unseen Slayer of Undead, Scintillating Singer of the Soul, Dominator of her Domain?" Richard thinks aloud. "Start with that."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Privies B7

These privies are unremarkable, caked with dust but still usable.

@Edric:
You notice scratches and traces of movement into and out of the privies, as if something the size of a baby with sharp claws had crawled in and out of the holes many times.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

With smirk and a false shiver of excitement, Mera purrs "Ohhhh. Most marvelous mention, my muse." She slides up next to him and whispers in his ear "Scandalous Scintillating Singer. Ohhhh, shiver sugar." She exaggerates the S sounds and buries her nose into the crook of her neck as she finishes the sentence. She backs off and spins away from, laughing to herself.

"Alright boys. Time to focus!"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal looks on with unrestrained glee as Mera moves up to Richard and purrs in his ear. That she would focus on Richard was a welcome respite for him. No more turtle poems or whatever coming his way. At the privy Tal is impressed that Edric takes charge and moves in so Tal readies his longsword in case something should appear.

[b]Take your time in there. You can have as much privacy as you need.[b]

perception on guard 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 4/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"Something has been using these as an entryway." Edric explains, pointing out the scratch marks. "Perhaps a foot or two long with claws sharp enough to grip with. Perhaps a very large rat. We should be on the look out."


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

I knew Tal would get a kick out of that one. And it was FROGS not turtles. It sounds like the bodyguard needs a refresher ...

Mera frowns "Rats? Disgusting. Those sounds like big rats."


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 (Inspire Courage, 0 rounds) | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard can't hide his grin. "That's a- good one." Sherix has to tweet to get his attention again. "S-so, Edric, what did you say?" He stands up. "Very sharp claws. A rat would make sense, this place hasn't been used in a while. Nature reclaims places we leave behind."

"I think we've explored everything relevant here." He looks around. "Back to the Grand Vestibule and down a different wing?"

4,351 to 4,400 of 4,832 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.