DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign

Game Master Briccone

Council of Thieves Book 3: What Lies In Dust
Part 5: Delvehaven
The PC will explore the long-sealed Pathfinder lodge..


4,251 to 4,300 of 4,806 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>

m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Grateful for the opportunity that Sherix and thus Richard are providing them Tal and Lily manage to make it to the back door of their house and sneak in. Once there Tal strongly considers bolting the front door, closing the curtains, snuffing all the candles, dowsing the fire, throwing dust on the floor and basically anything else he can think of to make the place seem abandoned. Unfortunately there just wasn't enough time and besides Sherix was doing her best to help them and Tal would not want to offend the cute little bird. So instead Tal hurries to dowse himself off and clean up, add a few more candles and another log to the fire.

He barely had enough time to finish all of that when the performance outside ended. He just sat down to relax for the remaining few cringe free seconds before he knew that company would arrive...


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera purses her lips at Richards apology, but does not respond. Instead she walks off halfway through it and makes her way the final bit to the Mainz residence. With a skip in her step she arrives first and raps her knuckles loudly three times on the door.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

She takes a step back and falls in with the group as they make their way to the door. As soon as the door opens she smiles broadly and picks up several bottles of wine from the cart. "I apology for being late darling, but I simply can't ignore my fans. Richard and gave a performance that won't soon be forgotten. Why I dare say, they may ask us back again next week for encore! Maybe we'll even make it a reoccuring performance? Hmmm? I'm sure Tal wouldn't mind all the attention?"

Pushing forward into the house she looks for Lily, ignoring Tal. When she finally lays her eyes on her she quickly closes the ground and embraces her in a huge hug, still holding two bottles of wine in her hands. "Lily, love, it's been too long! I'm so thankful for being invited to your home once more, please accept these bottles of wine as my gift to you."


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Greetings, Tal. Is this your home?" Richard waits to be invited, while Sherix flies on Tal's shoulder. A bit rude not to walk in. "You should have heard our play. It was lovely. But enough about me."

"This is Edric. Or Godly, as he likes to be called. He was interested in joining us on our journey. He should introduce himself, I guess!"


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Iomedae 5

Arael prefers to work without notice and is disturbed when Richard and Mera begin an impromptu performance. As they sing their songs however he notices that everyone in the crowd has all of their attention on them and not on Stryx, Edric or himself! He then realizes that his toe has begun tapping to the rhythm of the singing and he is swaying a little bit.

When the performance ends he follows discreetly blending in with many other Mera and Richard admires. As they enter the Mainz residence Arael hesitates. He has known Tal and Lily for sometime, but never socially. The elf is actually at a loss for words. Uh..Good Evening Tal, Miss Lily. Thank you for inviting me..er..us. As Mera hands the wine as a token of thanks, he silently berates himself for not bringing anything. His Mum and sisters would be mortified. Elves are supposed to be ideal guests after all!


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal thought he was ready to the noise and clamor that was coming but as soon as the knocking started he knew that nothing he could do would prepare him for the next hour(s). Resigning himself to that fact Tal vowed that he would make this as short and sweet as possible.

Rising to the door Tal unlocks it and flings it open standing squarely in the way. Ah Mera, Tal feigns happily, I am not the least surprised you are here after our conversation earlier. Even blocking the door slightly Mera is able to squeeze past him with the wine bottles to get to Lily.

Turning to the others he goes to help Ermolos with the rest of the hand cart. On the way past Richard he pauses and extends a hand. My thanks Richard to you and Sherix. Please come in and make yourselves comfortable. Be careful with the second wooden chair on the right though. the back can give way if you lean too far against it. It was my fathers and I just can't find it within me to get rid of it.

Grabbing the meat Tal hoists it easily on his shoulder. Turning back to the other man Tal continues on. And you must be Edric. Tal looks quickly to Areal with a slight eye raise making sure everything was kosher. Getting a slight nod in return Tal smiles more warmly. Welcome to my humble house Edric. Please come in relax. While here you are my guest and can relax and be at ease. My wife and I hold to the old customs of breaking bread and thus you are under our protection from the shadow beasts while here.

Ermolos my dear friend. How was work today at the forge? Learning the tricks of the trade from the master still? Please come in.

Lastly Tal turns to Areal and gives a slight bow. You grace us with your presence here sir. To what do I owe such an honor? Of course you are welcome here any time.

perception DC 20:

The more alert of you notice that Tal did not welcome Mera in while everyone else was invited.


As soon as Mera makes it past Tal Lily approaches with arms open. Mera, you are too kind to bring wine to our house. You know from last time though that I don't have the discerning taste that you have. I would not know the difference between any of them. None the less Lily is too polite to refuse and takes the wine and brings them to the kitchen. Calling back, I insist that select the bottle to open since you brought them. Are you wishing the red or the white? Whatever Mera decides Lily pour a large glass for Mera and a much smaller one for herself. Now dear, I must apologize. We just got home a few short minutes ago and I have nothing ready for a meal. Perhaps I can make a light meal of sandwiches though.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Hmm? Oh. Sorry about the performance, I hope it wasn't too loud. But thanks for inviting me." Once invited, Richard steps in and looks around. "Family is the most important value you can keep. I'll make sure everyone knows not to ruin your father's chair. He must have been a great man."

Sherix tweets. "No problem. It was the least we could do." She's the brains of the duo.

But Richard is the helper. "Is there anything I can help with? Set up the table? Prepare the food? Entertain the guests with a tale of our heroics?"


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

"Red, of course!"

Mera takes the offered glass of wine, thanking Lily politely. When she mentions not having food prepred, Mera waves a dismissive hand. "Nonsense. Please don't feel the need to prepare anything. We brought some food with us in case others were hungry, but really this is just a celebration of friendship."

After some light chit chat among the group, Mera makes sure that everyone has a drink and taps her glass. "Quiet please, quiet. I'd like to say a few words."

Raising her glass she clears her throat. Once she has everyone attention she begins her toast. Throughout the process she eyes various guests and members around the room.

"Here's to the roses and beautiful lilies in bloom,
And to the thoughts, plans and strategies from the cloakroom.

To the Gods in our hearts, watching souls from above.
To the whispers of arcane, to the soft touch of love.

A bird, and a devil in a jig in the past.
All is accounted for, except for one last,
Let us not forget the who never asked.

To the defiant shield always that hovers above,
Protecting us all from everything but love.
To happiness and endless fields of clover,
We wish you it all and may your cup runneth over.

Mera sips her wine and looks to Lily who those that may be baffled or show signs of confusion. She shrugs and winks, "It was our from our play." she lies.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

This is what belonging feels like. Edric muses as he is enveloped by the bustle of the home. Tal still looks obviously awkward but Richard, Mera and his wife don't seem to feel any awkwardness at all. Sensing that he might be able to help Edric slips across the room to meet the equally tall man and offers his hand.

"Edric. You have a lovely home here, even though I don't think you were expecting guests." He smiles gently. "If it becomes a problem just say so, I can arrange something that will ensure people have to rush away."


Male Half-Elf Cleric of Iomedae 5
Tal wrote:
You grace us with your presence here sir. To what do I owe such an honor? Of course you are welcome here any time.

Uhh...You invited me! Arael stammers as what happened fully dawns on the elf. He silently berates himself for not seeing through Mera's ruse, but he can't stay angry with any of them especially with their return to Delvehaven imminent. I apologize as it is now clear where my invitation came from. He arches an eyebrow at Mera.

After Mera gives her toast, Arael clears his throat.

I would like to say something to you all. There are many in this city who dislike the ever presence of evil that envelops it in its terrible grasp. Most are content to live their lives and suffer in silence. Few have the courage to, not only believe there is a better way, but actually try to change it. They risk their lives for the betterment of others. Many of these brave souls-dare I say heroes? Are in this room now. I am honored and humbled to drink and break bread with you all!

He then raises his glass.

To a better Westcrown!

As he sips his wine, some could almost see the tear traveling down his cheek.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"To a better Westcrown!" Richard toasts.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera raises her glass once more and toasts, "Hear, hear! To a better Westcrown!"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"And an end to the shadows!" Edric adds, joining his glass to the rest.


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal and Lily thank Mera for the food and Lily goes to work setting the table and getting the food ready.

Edric wrote:

This is what belonging feels like. Edric muses as he is enveloped by the bustle of the home. Tal still looks obviously awkward but Richard, Mera and his wife don't seem to feel any awkwardness at all. Sensing that he might be able to help Edric slips across the room to meet the equally tall man and offers his hand.

"Edric. You have a lovely home here, even though I don't think you were expecting guests." He smiles gently. "If it becomes a problem just say so, I can arrange something that will ensure people have to rush away."

No need Edric. Your offer is appreciated but I will not have it come to that. In the meant8me sit and relax. Lily will be out with the food shortly.

Richard wrote:


"Hmm? Oh. Sorry about the performance, I hope it wasn't too loud. But thanks for inviting me." Once invited, Richard steps in and looks around. "Family is the most important value you can keep. I'll make sure everyone knows not to ruin your father's chair. He must have been a great man."

Sherix tweets. "No problem. It was the least we could do." She's the brains of the duo.

But Richard is the helper. "Is there anything I can help with? Set up the table? Prepare the food? Entertain the guests with a tale of our heroics?"

I am sure Lily would be grateful for some help in the kitchen. As to my father...I don’t know if others would call him a great man but he was a great husband and father in our family.

Tal has no idea how to respond to Meras toast as he is not sure if some of the references mean him or not. So instead of saying to o much he just nods his head and tells her, Thanks Mera for those kind inspiring words.

With Areal Tal waves off the problem of being here. No apology needed. We all know what happened. As it is thanks for coming. And as you say to Westcrown!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera nods to Tal when he offers thanks to her. She finds her way to a chair and takes a seat. She sips her wine as she watches the awkwardness of her forced social experiment slowly slip away and a more relaxed state in the group emerge. She had intended to give them a brief reprieve from the harshness of the shadows and enjoy ones company for a short while.


Male Human Sorcerer/5 | HP 30/30 | AC 14 | Save +3/+3/+5 | Init +2 Dex | BAB +1/+4
DM RichD wrote:
@Stryx: After you return from the gambling house, Mera would have collected you so consider yourself part of the parade of party-animals!

At the first opportunity, Stryx slips into the shadows and follows at a distance. Not really my cup of mead. I prefer a more subdued means of travel and less attention should my good fortune at the gambling house draw unnecessary admirers.

After watching the troop enter the home, Stryx waits for the onlookers to disperse and things return to quiet. As he approaches Tal's home, there is a deep hoot from the roof. Stryx grins and says "They are good people, Wraith. Keep watch while I am inside.

The owl hoots a response as Stryx knocks upon the door.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera leaps to her feet and makes her way to the door. She opens it quickly and leans in the doorway, still holding a have of glass of wine in her hand.

"Well hello there Greyfeather. I had been wondering if you were going to attend after your gambling activties. How did you make out, well I hope?"

Moving out the doorway she motions inside, "You missed my toast, it was fabulous. Come get a glass of wine and some pork."


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal gets up quickly when there is a knocking at the door. Just a step behind Mera Tal is there to see who the newest guest is. When he sees that it is Stryx he nods his head in greeting and admits her to the party. Welcome Stryx. Hopefully everything went well and prosperous for you today. take some food and relax. It seems that we are to enjoy each others company tonight before we pursue our endeavors in the morning.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera winks at Tal, "Exactly! Thanks for having us all over this fine evening. It's good to remember that there is life outside our day jobs, is it not?"

She raises her glass after speech and drains the last of her wine.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Ah Stryx! Where have you been? Sit down, sit down. You can take my seat." Richard takes his dirty dishes and heads off to wash them.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

As the party winds to end and people prepare to leave, Mera thanks their gracious hosts for an amazing time. "Everyone really needed to unwind, well done."

With a wink and a smile she departs for the hideout. Along the way they began to plan for their return trip to face the bone monstrosity. They take their time in explaining the details to Godly so that he can best be prepared for the upcoming hardship.

I believe I need to do some shopping tonight. I'll be ready for our trip whenever you can get the post up!


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard bids Tal a good evening and returns to the hideout.

"Now then, Godly. You've enjoyed the good part. Now comes the bad part. An undead skeleton... lizard thing. It nearly killed Tal in a single blow, but hopefully it just got lucky. Mera and myself lacked smashing weapons, so we were of little use."

"By far the worst part was its ability to generate shadows. Sometimes I would score a solid hit, only to realize I hit its shadow. And then it fired rays of shadow like crossbow bolts! We managed to heal Tal and beat a hasty retreat... but we could use more divine help there."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"Strange!" Edric muses when the tales of the shadow beast are related to him. "Some form of undead then, perhaps animated by similar forces to those that stalk our city... I will pray to the Rose tonight and ask for spells that can disperse these shadows!" He smiles, but smaller than his usual wide beams, "I have much experience with the darkness inside men's hearts. Perhaps we may do some little to lift it from this city."

Returning to headquarters he finds a quiet place to pray, dipping into his stash of dried rose petals to aid his meditation and devotion.

Knw Rel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Any idea what this undead-lizard-shadow-thing might be?


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

@Edric: You have heard of times where people have animated undead skeletons and it might be possible to infuse them with shadows.


Male Human Sorcerer/5 | HP 30/30 | AC 14 | Save +3/+3/+5 | Init +2 Dex | BAB +1/+4

Sorry for the delay … catching back up now that the Holidays are over.

"Thank you Richard. Good Eve all. Things went well this evening., he says as he tosses a pouch of several hundred gold coins onto the table. "My contribution to the curse removal and whatever new equipment we need."

Turning toward Edric he extends his hand and says "Greetings friend. Stryx Greyfeather, at your service. I see you have heard the unhappy tail of our last adventure. I fear our next attempt will be even more challenging now that they know we are coming. A grand adventure it will be..."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Moving the game forward...but if you need time for shopping, preparing spells, etc. by all means do so...

You arrive back at the wall that surrounds Delvehaven. The Head laughs. Oh! We are back here are we? I wish I was found by those who are a tad bit smarter!


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal looks to the newest member of the group. Watch out for traps here. Last time there was this force that surrounded the unwary and trapped them. Then the force filled started filling with swarms of creatures. Then once we get inside stay on the paths we take as the hallways themselves are trapped. Lastly don't read any of the books in the library. Everything is a trap in here it seems.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Down we go, into the depths..." Richard keeps his mace ready. "Hopefully it doesn't try to ambush us..."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

""What on earth is that thing?" Edric asks, looking curiously at the dismembered head.

Tal's assessment has Edric shaking his large head. "A shame truly. Lady Milani has granted me some skill in disarming traps however, so I might be able to help. Lead on my friends!"

Will tweak spells a bit later - light spells will be the order of the day!


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera picked up a morningstar.

Mera shakes her head. "That thing is a truly a pain in the ass. Do we have something we can stick in its mouth, like a sponge perhaps?"


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map
Edric wrote:
What on earth is that thing?

The head looks at Edric. And what are you? Oh! I know! The next casualty due to these fools!

Mera wrote:
"That thing is a truly a pain in the ass. Do we have something we can stick in its mouth, like a sponge perhaps?"

Here's a suggestion! You can stuff good reviews of your acting in my mouth-oh wait! There aren't any!

Once more across the trapped field? If so, whoever is in the lead give me a DC10 Intelligence check to see if you remember the way across.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard sighs as the talking head does its thing.

Int: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Pushing its rambling out of his head, he keeps the mace drawn and leads the party forward.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Edric turns to face the unpleasant head and crouches down to speak to it. "My lady, I don't know what happened to you or how you ended up here, but I assure you that these are good people with good goals. I hope you are willing to help us and do what you can to cleanse this place."

Diplo: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 1 = 28 extra +1 for trying to convince her to do something against her (evil?) alignment.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera shakes her head and grumbles at the head while she looks to Edric trying to convince her to shut up. "Look if that doesn't work I have some leftover pamphlets from the play that she can chew on for a few hours. Literally."

Mera remember how much going through this area sucked last time and tries to keep quiet while Richard focuses on his task. "You've got this Richard."


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Richard had paid attention to the steps Lorelei had taken (and should not have taken) when she led them through before. He leads you safely to the front door.

You can get to the outside of the dino room without issue. Let me know if anyone is casting any spells before you open the door and if the general plan is still for Tal to lead the way and act like a barrier with everyone else behind him.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"This is it." Richard gets ready and casts Heroism upon Tal and Edric.

Then he readies his heavy mace and pulls a vial of holy water. "So, Tal goes in swinging and Edric banishes this thing to the nine hells. Sounds like a plan?"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

Tal rolls his shoulders and flexes getting ready for the oncoming fight. Ready as ever. he says grimly clutching the warhammer.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera clears her throat and begins to sing softly to her companions in an attempt to ease their anxiety and bolster their confidence.

Mera will start a song before the door opens so that everyone will be inspired as soon as the door opens.

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"Was the room dark last time?" Edric asks, "I can do something about that if need be."

He gestures for everyone to join hands then bows his head in prayer. "Milani. Your humble servant prays your blessings upon these freedom fighters. Bolster them with your courage that we might free Westcrown!"

He casts Bless and then final thing before door opens, communal Prot from Evil. Everyone gets 1 minute. If told the room was dark he'll use his daylight SLA as well.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Yes, the beast relies on shadow, more than my basic light can handle. If you have a stronger source that would be preferred."

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

"Cover your eyes then." The cleric responds, before he literally glows - brightly enough that it seems as though a miniature sun has entered the room.

"Let's go!"


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Tal opens the door and is immediately slammed by two mummies.

Slam Mummy 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Slam Mummy 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Slam Damage 1: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Slam Damage 2: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

@Tal: 2 Fort Saves DC16. If pass nothing. If fail roll 1d6 con AND Cha damage. Mummy Rot

Mummies had a readied action to attack anything that opened the door.

Initiative:

Edric: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Mera: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Richard/Sherix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Stryx: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Tal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Mummy 1: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Mummy 2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Shadow Mastiff 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Shadow Mastiff 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Shadowy Triceratops Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Initiative Order/HP
Shadow Mastiff 1 24 (51/51)
Edric 18(50/50)
[ooc]Mera 17 (47/47)

Shadowy Triceratops Skeleton 16 (91/91)
Stryx 14 (30/30)
Mummy 1 14 (60/60)
Shadow Mastiff 2 12 (51/51)
Richard/Sherix 10 (60/60)(30/30)
Tal 9 (29/62)WOUNDED
Mummy 2 1 (60/60)

Up Next: Edric and Mera

Tactical Map has been updated.


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

"Uh... those are unexpected! Sherix, to battle!"


m Human Ftr 5 HP:62/62AC*:28,12,26 Saves:6/4*/5 CMB: +13 CMD: 29 Init: +3 Perc: +10 Link to the spreadsheet

2 fort saves?...I think only 1 hit.

Fort save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Fort save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Human Sorcerer/5 | HP 30/30 | AC 14 | Save +3/+3/+5 | Init +2 Dex | BAB +1/+4

"Once more into the dark … Isn't this how we entered last time?"

Silver Crusade

Male Aasimar Cleric 5 | HP: 46/50 | AC:11 FF: 10 | F:+7 R:+3 W+10 | Perc +16, SM +14, DD +16, Dip +15, Knw R +8 | Channel (3d6) 5/11, DC18 will. | Active Conditions: Heroism

Remember Edric has a daylight spell centred on himself - that'll dispel Darkness or anything less.

Edric steps in behind Tal and glows even more as the light erupts from his body in a wave, passing through the mummies and momentarily illuminating the room beyond.

Channel to harm undead. Also harms chaotic evil outsiders, worshipers of chaotic evil deities, and evil creatures with light sensitivity or light blindness as if they were undead.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7 DC18 for half.


Female Human Bard/5 Init +3 | Perception +8 | AC17/T13/FF14 | HP 47/47 | Fort +2* / Ref +7* / Will +4* | CMB +2 / CMD 15

Mera gasps, caught by surprise. In between verses she states "I don't remember these things being here!"

Mera wracks her brain to determine if these are the same type of mummies they fought before. Use Lore Master to take 10+7=17 on ID'ing them.

Mera looks beyond Tal and casts Glitterdust just far enough beyond Tal that it will reach both of the guardians at the entrance, hoping to interfere with their vision enough to reduce their chances of hitting their front liner.

Also remember inspire Courage +2 is up.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 1

Edric channels some positive energy affecting the mummies.

Mummy 1 Save DC18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Mummy 2 Save DC18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Mera tries to determine if the mummies are your everyday run-of-the-mill mummies while singing. Yes, they are!

The dinosaur waits.

Up Next: Stryx, Richard & Tal

The mummy will slam and the mastiff will approach on their turns for reference.

@Tal: You are correct. Only one hit so only one save needed and 17 points back. As always, thanks for keeping me honest!


Richard's familiar | Heroism on Tal and Edric | HP 60/60 | AC 19 T 12 FF 17 | Saves 7/7/5 | Init +3 | Perception +9 | Spells -/3/0 | Bardic Performance 4/23 | 5 Human Bard (duettist)

Richard casts Invisibility upon Mera and then pulls out a scroll of fireball.

"Stryx, I think you can use this scroll better than I can. Just wait for them to bunch up first, alright?"


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 1 Con't

Richard hands Stryx a scroll of fireball then turns Mera invisible.

The mummy attempts to slam Tal again.

Slam Mummy 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

This time he misses.

The shadow mastiff continues to approach.

Up Next: Stryx and Tal.

4,251 to 4,300 of 4,806 << first < prev | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's Council Of Thieves Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.