GM Raltus' - Slaying Giants

Game Master Raltus

Maps l Hand outs l Lootz


3,201 to 3,250 of 3,307 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

knowledge nature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 to id creature
"Intruder! Get UP!"

William takes a five foot step and swings his greataxe at the intruder.
+1 Greataxe PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
damage: 1d12 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

If applicable, please add Orphaned by Giants +1 trait bonus on attack rolls against creatures with the giant subtype, and a +2 trait bonus on rolls to confirm critical hits against creatures with the giant subtype.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14 - Scent

Yorikata wakes up from Williams shouting and gives the intruder the evil eye for waking the group in such a rude way.


Local


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Healed Today:
W
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (CL, EPS, MA, M, OM), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Lanneth wakes up and as soon as she can looks around and curses the first enemy she sees.

Uggg... Curse you for waking me up in the middle of the night?

Misfortune Hex (Will 17) on whatever enemy she sees


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP35/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Dain gets up!


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14 - Scent

Evil eye is of course for Saves -2 as always. DC is 12, duration is 2 rounds on a failed save, one round otherwise.


Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Will save: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 = 22

The Giant which William is not really sure what it is is able to shrug off both the mental attacks of the witches. Cold, black eyes stare out from the fish-like face of this hideous green-skinned, web-fingered, and obese giant as it steps more into the light.

William is able to land a blow on the rubbery flesh, the wound is solid but doesn't look like it will be the killing blow.

The Large fish like giant swings back.

Gaff Hook: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 202d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 6) + 12 = 19
Gaff Hook: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 312d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 5) + 12 = 23

Confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 292d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2) + 12 = 18
Swinging it's large boat hook twice at William

Ingrahild gets up and moves with her bow to shoot at the Giant

Bow: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 211d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Ingrahilds arrow finds the mark

Night Combat - Round 2 - Conditions: normal like 30', Dim Light 60'
Enemy (-27)
Party <---


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

William withdraws from combat.


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP35/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Dain shoots the nasty
Bow,PBS,PS,FE: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 151d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

Correction, William is dropped by the giant.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14 - Scent

Yorikata sneaks up besides William and touches him with her paw.
Heal Hex: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Since it is the weekend Lanneth can have till Monday evening to post


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

William looks down on his limp body as Yorikata attempts to heal him. He says "Go, little one." but his words are not heard in this world. He hears the joyous sounds of Valhalla in the gray mist. He moves to the those sounds.


Healed Today:
W
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (CL, EPS, MA, M, OM), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Seeing William fall befor her, Lanneth stands. Then she reaches out and uses her magic to summon a ball of mud and launches it at the giant.

Mudball Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Assuming that hits, the giant is blinded. Each round affected creature can make a DC 16 reflex save to shake off the mud as no action, or may take a standard action to do the same.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

Yorikata pulls William further away from Valhalla. He is still drawn to the faint joyous revelries.


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP35/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

No dying just yet!


The Giant moans as the mud goes in it's eyes. "Gripwort Eat you!" she calls out as she wipes the mud from her eyes.

Night Combat - Round 3 - Conditions: normal like 30', Dim Light 60'
Enemy (-27)
Party <---


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14 - Scent

Yorikata waits for Lanneth to act.


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP35/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Dain shoots at the giant
Bow,PBS,PS,FE: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 181d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Healed Today:
W
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (CL, EPS, MA, M, OM), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Lanneth moves back to be partially behind the stone and call out.
Night Faries! Take care of that giant.

Slumber Hex on Giant (Will DC 17) or sleep for 5 rounds

Know Local: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 to know what this giant thing is.


Will save, Do I still have the -2?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Lanneth knows this as a Marsh Giant, they are scavengers, not to overly bright but very strong for a lesser giant and able to hide well in a swamp like environment.

The Giant's eyes roll back and it leans forward into the stone in front of it.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

No, the -2 were only for one round
Yorikata turns into her human form, and takes her time to find a vital spot to stab the giant to death. She pushes the hopeknife up to the hilt into the flesh, right under the sternum. To let the giant's heart blood out to water the marsh.
Stab CDG: 2d4 + 10 + 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 10 + (4, 6, 1) = 27
DC 37 Fort save to prevent death.


You can keep that but you will have to move as a downed William is occupying the square that would allow you the movement to get to the Giant. Do you want to say something before Ingrahild who doesn't know your tactics wakes it up?


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

I'll leave the appraise of the situation and the wise words to the elder of our group. ;)


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

Ending Your Movement

You can’t end your movement in the same square as another creature unless it is helpless.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Gamemastering/Combat/#Ending_Your_Movement


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

Helpless

A helpless character is paralyzed, held, bound, sleeping, unconscious, or otherwise completely at an opponent’s mercy.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Gamemastering/Conditions/#Helpless

Yori can share the space with William unless I am missing something.


Healed Today:
W
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (CL, EPS, MA, M, OM), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Seeing the giant fall asleep Lanneth says.

The Marsh Giant will sleep for a bit. Be ready, to help out but let Yorikata wake it up. She's good at this.

She looks over at Ingrahild and says.
Just so you know, Marsh Giants are scavengers, so by getting rid of this, we are doing everyone around here a favor.


Lanneth Make me an Int Check

Ingrahild holds back on her rush up to the giant to attack, Yorikata moves up and stabs the giant as above, her dagger opening a vicious wound in the giants chest.

Fort save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

The Giant dies on the spot, as everyone starts to relax a little he smell of the giant starts to permeate the air, rotten fish hangs heavy.

What are you doing now?


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP35/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

This was far too close! We need to help William! Dain rushes over to help tend to the warrior[/b]
Heal aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

"Have I told that I hate this swamp?" Yorikata grunts as it is clear the giant is dead for sure.


The rest of the night goes uneventful in the Morning you wake a bit later than you hoped but feeling more recharged none the less.

Anything special you are doing for William?


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP35/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Mourn his loss!


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

Yorikata pokes William. "Time to wake up!"

He was 12 in the negatives, and got healed 10. With 5 points healed over the night, he should be in the positive again. Or did I miss something?


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

William was hit on the third of four watches. Was it the beginning or the end? I think we need a ruling on how much rest William got after the pounding. And don't forget that long term care heal check will doubtle the hps.


No I just wasn't sure if you wanted to add more healing or not.

The Party wakes in the morning, Lanneth diligently keeping an eye out while circling the central standing stone. Ingrahild starts up a fire, "I will stay out here keep it safe fer when ye come out." She says putting the pot on the fire and adding some water to make something to eat.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

As William gains consciousness he appears confused and unconcerned with his surroundings. The last thing he remembers of this world he has returned to was a gaff headed his way. That must of been one hell of a blow. Who used magic to revive him? Was he dead and headed to Valhalla or just hurt and hallucinating? He was looking forward to spending eternity in Valhalla. He feels that loss. "Thank you, Ingrahild."He staggers to his feet, leaving his greataxe on the ground (which he never parts with), and moves to the giant. Who killed it? He begins searching the corpse hoping to find a wand of cure serious wounds. He will settle for a used CLW, though. He leans on the foul thing without regard during the search. 20+4


Healed Today:
W
Elf Hedge Witch 5 (HP 32/32 | AC:18 (14) | T:14 (18 vs incorporeal) | FF:16 (12) | Fort:+3 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc +10)
Spells Remaining:
1: (CL, EPS, MA, M, OM), 2: (G, LR, VS), 3: (RoE, WW)

Int called for earlier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Back after the fight.
Well my rest was destoryed anyway, so I can't have you hurting so much boy, when you need to stand watch.

She reaches out and picks some of the swamp grass and puts together a poltice to make him heal better.
Laneth converts Lesser Restoration into a Cure Moderate Wounds for William. That's the last of my 2nd level spells for yesterday.
Cure Moderate: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17

Later before they go through the portal.
After spending a bit of time meditating with Yorikata Lanneth gets up.
You still look beat up boy, and given the reception we had last time we embarked through the gate....

Lanneth reaches out and does a healing hex on William.
Cure Moderate: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 4) + 5 = 16

Ok, I think that brings you back up near full?

In addition before they open the gate, she takes a moment to call on the wind faeries to make the air solid around her.
Cast Mage Armor on herself.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

Yorikata takes out her knives in preparation. Then a thought crosses her mid. "Can we roll in the giant for cover?"


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

William feels the hex of healing wave over him while he searches the great beast. He looks up and says "Much thanks, Lanneth. Not so quick, please, ma'am. With those bursts of splinters we should have a plan first. I've been thinking on that. They will probably be hidden again and get a free shot on us. If we send one in first, then follow up with the group some way or another those thorns will not be taken by everyone. Ideas?" He returns to his methodical search.


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

"You have experience in taking one for the team - are you volunteering?" Yorikata inquires.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

"If that is what the team deems best. Asking for ideas." William removes his armor and casts CLW on himself CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 He dons his armor. Anything on that giant, GM?


(Unchained Rogue - Sylvan Trickster 5) Init +4, Perc +9, AC 18/14/14 (+2vs Giants), F+3/R+8/W+2(+2 vs. Charm) HP36 DD+14

"Tower shields and turtle formation?"


William finds a Large Gaff which looks like it was taken from a fishing vessel, a bag of body parts as well grisly remains.

Who is going in


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

"Would that..., Yori. We can't take too many hits from those twigs. Maybe we should all go in at once and just stay 15 feet away from each other." I can start Inspire Courage just before entering. Lanneth, I can remove my armor and cast comprehend languages after the fight if that would help you any.


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

William picks up his greataxe and stands beside the portal stone. "Lanneth is ready to charge. One more to agree and I will go first, unless anyone more wise than me has a plan. Let us all give them the best we have!"


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP35/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Dain casts Gravity Bow to make his weapon damage increase one step. Ready


Human Cavalier 3, Bard 1, Fighter 1 |HP 33/45| AC 22-12-21| Init +7| Perc +4| F+9, R+5, W+4 Perf 2/6

Just before he enters the portal William lets out "For Shiny and Chrome!" He begins an inspirational song. beginning IC 1 of 6
Judas Priest - Halls Of Valhalla He vanishes into the portal. Party, let me resolve initiative and take my move before you come barreling in.
DM Raltus, how are we handling initiative for this encounter? Technically, it should be a surprise round between William and the twigs with one move or one standard action each after an initiative roll. Perception v stealth if applicable. Then, the other party members enter as they will. imho


+2 Init/Per in mountains Dwarf Ranger5 HP35/50 AC17/12/15 Per+11 Init+6 F6R7W4(+3 Spells/SpellLike/Poison)

Dain is ready to enter


GM Screen:

Initiative William: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Initiative Dain: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Initiative Lanneth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Initiative Yorikata: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Colourless: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 6
Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23
Stealth Red: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29

Entry Hall Take 2 - Round 1 - Conditions: None
Dain, William <---
Red
Lanneth, Yori
Colourless

William Enters the Portal again, ready for a spray of sharpened needles that doesn't come. Perception checks boys

3,201 to 3,250 of 3,307 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Slaying Giants All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.