DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


4,551 to 4,600 of 5,746 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother B thinks about the key that was lifted off of Risi in the last encounter. Wondering who has it, and whether it would have worked or been of use with the trap door lock.
Well, Fearless got to flex some muscle and that is okay.

Fearless wrote:


"At least we can get drunk after all this...if we survive.

When Fearless mentions this, Brother B subconsciously licks his lips. While his mind and memory don't remember the near decade of drinking, his body sure does. Somehow, he mentally avoided the withdrawl symptoms but his body sure did continue to like and depend on alcohol. This cellar probably was his favorite place in all the manor when he used to reside here.

His arm reaches out to check the vintage date on one of the bottles, but he brings it back and reaches to his bald head and plucks a small caterpillar from his dome.
He climbs back up the stairs and drops the caterpillar off on the rug next to the trap door.
hmm, how did a caterpillar get down into a cellar? It must have burrowed or something.
Oh well, Hey Fearless - you see anything in the next room?

Desna just gave Jasper a warning. but he probably didn't notice it and he probably won't heed it


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Seeing the alcohol collection of such fine quality which never graced his tongue, the Mariner's drinking glands fills his mouth with saliva. Unlike Brother's abstinence from vices, he grabs a pretty decanter off the shelf and guzzles it down before Fearless says "We". Shoulders relaxed and suddenly feeling extremely refreshed, "OOOh that's gooood. SOooo thirsty. Alright, I'm ready. -Sorry Brother, none for Desna."

Fortitude: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

G0dd@mn - what's in that stuff?! I feel great! With a lot of liquid courage, the Mariner leaps down into oubliette, ready to grab some scrote and slice some nuts.

I can't tell which direction we came from.


"The Mariner" wrote:

I can't tell which direction we came from.

Wine sometimes has that effect. Excellent role playing!

While Fearless opens then next door the Mariner opens a bottle. After guzzling down a few gold in wine he heads for the door. Then, after realizing its the wrong door, he hurries to catch up with the rest of the Watchmen.

Beyond the wine cellar is a subterranean hallway clad with yellow tapestries. On the east wall is a tapestry that has been defaced with a faithful representation of Hastur’s symbol—the Yellow Sign. Halfway down the western wall is a door leading to a dank, subterranean cell adorned with two heavy wooden pallets and a few sets of manacles affixed to the wall. Blood stains and a fresh chamber pot indicate this room has been recently used, but it is now empty.

A lantern sits on the floor of a chamber ahead, shining light into other areas of the basement.

Ornate double-doors leads west here, while an open arch heads north into an underground storage room furnished with two large wooden shelving units on the west and east walls, holding many small chests, caskets, and several loose objects. In the middle of the floor lies a wooden coffin.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 The wooden coffin.
Brother peers into the room with the coffin, looking to see if it has visible monikers that will help him better understand if it's a vampire that would occupy such a coffin.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"F$@& me...You think their's an actual vampire in there Shapeshifter?" Fearless actually takes a step back. "Should we..ugh...open it and see?"


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats will try all the keys that the party has found on the lock that Fearless just picked. Do any of them work?

* * *

Cats yawns his way down the stairs, trying to find the energy to wake up and not have a case of the Mondays. His bow is at the ready.

"A coffin? Who cats coffins inside?" Cats whispers. "This may not cat well."

Given a moment, Cats will slide over to G2 and inspect that area with weary eyes.

1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27 Perception


The Mariner eyes everything in the room suspiciously, sword and shield at the ready.


Brother Butterfly peers into the storage room. On the shelves are clothing, boots, and mundane equipment. Most seems worn and damaged by wear, moisture, or combat. Nothing looks valuable. The coffin is plain and unadorned - the kind an undertaker might use for a corpse of the common folk. The lid is slightly ajar.

Religion determines nothing.

Cats takes a moment to search the cell, but finds nothing else of note within it.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats moves into the coffin room, padding on cat's feet. He will look around, sniffing with Detect Evil.

1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13 Stealth
1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 = 23 Perception


Cats detects no evil in the immediate area.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless shrugs his shoulders. "Only one way to find out." He moves in and lifts the lid of the coffin.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Fearless lifts the lid and finds fresh bedding within, and a sickly sweet smell, but no corpse. Scratched into the inside surface of the lid are two things. The first is a question written over and over.

Have YOu foUNd ThE YELLow SigN?
HaVe YoU fouNd thE YeLLOW SigN?
HavE yOu foUNd thE yELLoW Sign?
HaVE YoU fOUNd ThE YeLLOw Sign?
HavE yOU foUnd thE yELLow SigN?
HaVe YUo fOuNd ThE YELLOW Sign?

Then, scrawled at the center, clawed deeper and retraced multiple times...

Iä! Iä!


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats will peer down both hallways from the coffin room, trying to ignore the eeriness of those scribings.


From earlier - Cats went to check the keys you have found on the hatch above. Risi’s key fits the lock.

Down a narrow passage to the east a low, circular stone wall marks the lip of a well in the center of a round chamber.

The northern passage leads to a small sturdy wooden door.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless quickly lets go of the lid as it slams shut with a loud and resounding bang. he claps the dirt from his hands. "Well, that isn't ominous."

Seeing Cats peeking to the east Fearless sneaks off in that direction and peeks around the corner.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

This place is making my skin crawl. Each creaking sound just sets me on edge.

Brother moves into the crypt room to support the others.
seeing that Fearless is trying to be quiet, he does his best to keep quiet and not get in the way of the others.

Moved BB. in his hands are his shield and mace.


Fearless peers into the eastern chamber. The lip of the well here is covered in rat droppings, the area filthy and reeking. The squeaking of rats can be heard coming from down the well itself.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats returns to the coffin room, asking for a team huddle.

"They are not here, Brother. There is no one dying down here. We don't cat a thing. Let's get back up, lock the portal, then put some furniture on it and cat this one off," Cats says, looking around. "I think we're going in the wrong direction. I don't think they came this way."

"We can cat this place tomorrow if we want. But the people we're looking for ain't here."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother hears out Cats with understanding.
But we know that in just the other room-- few sets of manacles affixed to the wall. Blood stains and a fresh chamber pot indicate this room has been recently used. We are on their trail, and there's a few hostages were taken- while a few might be killed - if we act now instead of later we can save at least one life or maybe more.

As a man that knows wealth, let us go through the fanciest doors in this cellar. The double doors to our west.

GM wrote:
Ornate double-doors leads west here


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Its too damn quiet down here. Those prisoners would be screaming terror", the Mariner stands guard at the main hall, before Brother heads back, he nods at the far single door, "Check that last one over there first."


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats shrugs, knowing his attempts at reason are falling upon deaf ears. He waits.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"Still think they are in here? Shapeshifter?" Fearless follows the large man through the set of double doors to the west. "Nothing but a bunch of rats down this way." Fearless nods to the well.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Looks like with Fearless's push post, we are going through the Ornate Double Doors.

Brother pushes the double doors open more with his bulk than his hands. He wants his mace and shield out- especially since he's taking point.
Mariner was moving a bit north - toward the far single door.
But, with all things that matter to BB, anything ornate and opulent gets a first look from him. Especially over the reports of an area that has disease and rats.
This way.


The Mariner checks the single door to the north and finds an ice cellar. The walls of this bitterly cold room are clad with raw wooden boards. Many blocks of hazy ice and wooden crates of various sizes are stacked near the walls.A ladder in the northeast corner leads to a small trapdoor to the pantry of the kitchen outbuilding above.

Having looked everywhere but one, the Watchmen gather at the double doors and Brother Butterfly shoulders them open.

Beyond, an elongated subterranean hall is decorated throughout with finely wrought Pharasmin symbols, culminating in a seven-foot-high bas-relief of the goddess’s face on the south wall. Against the other walls, whose surfaces are riddled with burial recesses, sit seven sarcophagi, four sealed and three uncovered.

A female human corpse dressed in the outfit of
a royal accuser is laid out on top of one of the sealed sarcophagi. Though the Watchmen have never met her, they can only assume this is the body of Lady Winter’s superior, Accuser Omari. Hand sized brass plates have been affixed to her torso and a fleshy tube protrudes from one of her eyes. Her mouth hangs open issuing a sound like an extended death rattle.

Perched over Omari’s body is a disturbing figure. Female in form, she is shrouded in tattered leather robes, her face mostly concealed in an elaborate head wrap. There is something alien and horrific the more one studies her twitching visage.

“You have made a grave mistake returning here.” She says, her voice clicking upon certain sounds. She twists what appears to be a key slotted into one of the plates on the corpse and the sound coming from it ceases. ”Lowls should have finished the job of sacrificing you instead of sending you to that... doctor. You won’t interfere with Melisenn’s work any longer.”

Mariner:

A memory returns to you...

You stand in the deck of a ship, staring across a stretch of water at another ship - built from black wood, set with red sails.

Standing on the deck of that ship are people like this woman. Shrouded and alien.

”Is that...?” A voice asks hesitantly and you glance down at a red headed halfling woman at the railing next to you. You remember her name as Skywin.
”Weiralai.” The name comes to your lips.
”But.. you killed her.” The halfling says dumbly.
”Aye. I did.” You say and rub at her name carved into your arm. ”I guess it didn’t take.”

Rolls:

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Cats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Fearless: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
The Mariner: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Weiralai: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

INITIATIVE
Fearless (40/40) *filth fever
Cats (35/35) -2 negative levels
Butterfly (47/47 -4 nonlethal) -1 negative level *Shield spell 10 rnds
Mariner (86/88)

Robed Woman

Note: I think Butterfly is the only one to have spell effect up (shield spell from extract). It had a duration of 4 minutes, but I think at least 3 minutes has passed.


"Aw crap," he says with a recognition and apprehension. Underneath the chain armor, the Mariner wears a simple tunic that was likely white when it was first spun. It is now a mostly sleeveless rag that covers the shoulders but shredded beyond the chain hem. He catches the Watchmen's eyes and points at a scarred name near his elbow, two spaces above Kast.

[Maewin
Sturge
Rifjir
Shirik
Besmara
Weiralai
Lash
Kast
Ibesa
Daret
Klyn

"The Black Ship. The Harrow Deck," he simply says then ads a warning to group, "A demon, maybe undead, I don't know. I've tried to send her to hell several times on the seas... She might have killed the Boatman."

He glares at her, "Let me give you a second taste of this Seaman!"

+1 sword,raging,reckless,power,AC14: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 221d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
2nd: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d8 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


Retcon: I couldn't see the map when I posted but she is too far far for a full attk. But also the rage is only in his head, as he is out of rages. Reduce the hit and dam by 4, AC16

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother moves to a spot where Mariner and Cats can try to flank her. He raises his Mace, but only half heartedly, he uses it mostly to defend against her weird attacks.

AC is now 21
He moves to attack.
clumsy attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15

Where are the other hostages? I hope not tormented -even in death like you have done to the Royal Accuser!
Tell us where the patients of Briarstone are being held!


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 1, Init 16

"Catiner? Is that your girlfriend!? Maybe...maybe all our exes are here...and we have to get revenge for their wrongs!" Cats says, firing a couple of arrows into Mariner's ex.

1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 8 to hit; (+PBS.-rapid,-neg)
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + (3, 6) = 17 damage.

1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 9 to hit; (+PBS.-rapid,-neg)
1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + (2, 1) = 12 damage.

Cats Stats:

Melee:
[ dice]1d20+10+2-2[/dice] to hit; (flank,-neg)
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.
[ dice=high is good]1d100[/dice]

AC: 19
HP: 35/35 (45/45) - 2 neg level
LoH: 3/3 used

[ dice]1d20+101d1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 damage.

Rapid:
[ dice]1d20+7[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+8[/dice] damage.

Melee:
[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6+2d6[/dice] slashing damage.

Mini Smite: 1/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+5 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+7/+7 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA+1 PBS = +8 damage


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless moves into the room, releasing a bit more magic from the wand. "Magikó Vlíma." A pair of missile twist around both Mariner and Brother Butterfly.

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Status:

HP 40/40
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire; 22 w/ mental barrier)
Spells: 1st 0/5 | 2nd 0/3
Inspiration 4/6
Tactician 0/1 (Rounds 0/3)
Challenge 0/1
Phrenic Pool 0/2
Wand of Magic Missile (3rd) 17 charges remaining


Fearless directs his wand and magic missiles fly at Weiralai. Need a spell penetration check please.

Cats fires two arrows - both miss, zipping past on either side of the woman. Brother Butterfly swings and misses too, but the Mariner’s blade leaves a gash.

Weiralai takes a step back from the attack, but her injury quickly begins to heal.

”You remember?” She clicks, her dead white eyes narrowing. ”Curious, and unforeseen, but of little consequence. I will ask your corpses of such things after you are dead.”

Sense Motive DC 24:

1d20 ⇒ 2
Weiralai’s attack was a feint. She is setting up the Mariner.

Weiralai lunges suddenly at Brother Butterfly, swiping at him with a claw that comes up short from connecting with his tender flesh.

INITIATIVE
Fearless (40/40) *filth fever
Cats (35/35) -2 negative levels
Butterfly (47/47 -4 nonlethal) -1 negative level *Shield spell 9 rnds
Mariner (86/88)

Weiralai (-9, 8 pending spell spenetration)


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats delays, looking for a flank or a clear shot.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

sense motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
NAT 20! BINGO!!

Mariner, what this thing did is a trick, she wants to attack you next with something dirty. Treat this like an alley fight or a Bilge fight!

BB moves to the side, looking to help his comrades with their attacks and get Weiralai, still defending more than attacking.
weak attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3

Ahhhyup-- classic BB, sharp mind - weak with the mace.
BTW, move 5 feet and fighting defensively still AC 21?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Fearless watches as his magical missiles rebound off of the tattered woman. "What is happening!?" He stares at the wand. Is this getting weaker. That guy rob us?

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10
Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Status:
HP 40/40
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire; 22 w/ mental barrier)
Spells: 1st 0/5 | 2nd 0/3
Inspiration 4/6
Tactician 0/1 (Rounds 0/3)
Challenge 0/1
Phrenic Pool 0/2
Wand of Magic Missile (3rd) 16 charges remaining

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

perfect reaction from the guy with paranoia as his mental illness. The wand works fine- and even rolled MAX damage - DOH! It's just this is the first monster we've faced with Spell Resistance!


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Hehe Thanks!


The Mariner heeds Brother's words, was about to dive into the melee as he usually does. He holds back for a moment then strikes a half beat later, expecting a sucker claw from her.

Dunno about negating feints, if that is even possible, maybe BB's warning negates the Dex penalty. If it doesn't the Mariner will fight defensively in the next round.

sword,fight_defensive,AC23: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
2nd: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Did you move Catiner? Even a 5’ back?

Cats waits to see if he can get a clear shot or flank.


Yes 5' move away


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 2, Init 16

"Catiner? You don't like talking about past loves either? I get that," Cats says, firing a couple of arrows into Mariner's ex.

1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 11 to hit; (+PBS.-rapid,-neg)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11 damage.

1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 19 to hit; (+PBS.-rapid,-neg)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 damage.

Cats Stats:

Melee:
[ dice]1d20+10+2-2[/dice] to hit; (flank,-neg)
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.
[ dice=high is good]1d100[/dice]

AC: 19
HP: 35/35 (45/45) - 2 neg level
LoH: 3/3 used

[ dice]1d20+101d1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 damage.

Rapid:
[ dice]1d20+7[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+8[/dice] damage.

Melee:
[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6+2d6[/dice] slashing damage.

Mini Smite: 1/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+5 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+7/+7 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA+1 PBS = +8 damage


That merchant must be working with the cult, because the magical missiles from Fearless’ wand deflect harmlessly off Weiralai.

Brother Butterfly warns the Mariner of a surprise attack, and takes a limp-wristed swipe that comes nowhere near hitting the woman. The sense motive check by Butterfly was meant to give an idea of her tactics. It can’t overcome her feint, but I’ll give Mariner a +2 AC bonus.

Even though his attack is defensive, the Mariner’s sword still catches her acros the arm.

Cats waits for a clear shot, but can’t capitalize when an opening is made.

Weiralai darts after the Mariner, pulling her headdress down to expose a wife, inhuman mouth of sharp teeth twisted in a terrible grin that literally stretches ear to ear.

Bite vs Mariner: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Damage + Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (6, 5, 4, 1, 4) = 27
Mariner: DC 19 Fortitude or take 1d6 ⇒ 3 Dexterity drain - a successful save reduces the Dexterity drain to 1 point

Her teeth sink into his shoulder, and the area around the bite begins to go numb.

INITIATIVE
Fearless (40/40) *filth fever
Butterfly (47/47 -4 nonlethal) -1 negative level *Shield spell 8 rnds
Mariner (59/88)
Cats (35/35) -2 negative levels

Weiralai (-15)


GM wrote:
expose a wife

Yes that is scary

Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

sword,fight_defensive,AC23: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
2nd: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

[f.me]

The teeth sinks in and the Mariner screams like a little girl, "Get her off, get her off!!!" Indeed he is talking about his ex.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"The Mariner" wrote:
GM wrote:
expose a wife
Yes that is scary

Heh. That should have been wide. My proof reading skills decline rapidly after midnight. Funny how it goes with all the girlfriend chat though.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"She's trying to give him a hickey! Get her off!" Fearless tries the wand one more time as he become frantic to get Mariner's ex-girlfriend off of the man.

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9
Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Status:

HP 40/40
AC 18 (22 w/ covering fire; 22 w/ mental barrier)
Spells: 1st 0/5 | 2nd 0/3
Inspiration 4/6
Tactician 0/1 (Rounds 0/3)
Challenge 0/1
Phrenic Pool 0/2
Wand of Magic Missile (3rd) 15 charges remaining


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 3, Init 16

"Catiner, your ex is pretty aggressive? Not your type, huh? I can see that," Cats notes the ferocity of the woman. ”Could you ask her if the prisoners came this way? That would be good to cat.”

Assuming Brother steps to flank...
Cats will drop his bow, draw his elven blade and wade into flank.

1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 21 to hit; (flank,-neg)
1d10 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (2, 4) = 18 slashing damage.

Brother doesn’t go to flank:

Cats shoots his bow again at the woman while glaring at Brother.

1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 13 to hit; (+PBS.-rapid,-neg)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 damage.

1d20 + 10 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 - 2 = 9 to hit; (+PBS.-rapid,-neg)
1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 damage.

Cats Stats:

Melee:
[ dice]1d20+10+2-2[/dice] to hit; (flank,-neg)
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.
[ dice=high is good]1d100[/dice]

AC: 19
HP: 35/35 (45/45) - 2 neg level
LoH: 3/3 used

[ dice]1d20+101d1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 damage.

Rapid:
[ dice]1d20+7[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+8[/dice] damage.

Melee:
[ dice]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6+2d6[/dice] slashing damage.

Mini Smite: 1/1: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+5 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid=+7/+7 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA+1 PBS = +8 damage

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Seeing that Weiralai ... hmmm Weiralai... where did he hear that name before?
Snapping back to the moment, Weiralai is not bothering with attacking him, Brother drops his shield to the ground and moves by pulling out the wand of Curing.
Brother delays just a bit to see which of his companions he can help with flanking. He's in a great position to help his allies.

FA - Drop shield. This doesn't affect my AC as I have the shield spell still on. MA: Pull out wand of CMW.

Seeing the glint in Kast's eyes and knowing the man's thoughts, Brother Butterfly slides into position and swings with the mace to distract Weiralai, hoping that turn about is fair play!

He prays that Cats can give her a bleeding wound, because he sure can't do a damned thing with his magic mace. He needs to buy that wonderful war Razor and get it out of the pawn shop. Mmmm... Razor... MMMM.
Rolls:
attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Ninja'd by CATS . Now editing my original contingent post.
I need Cats to move on the board, so I can also move to flanking position.


Fearless shakes his wand and gets it to send a surge of missiles that impact with enough power to injure Weiralai.

The Mariner swings defensively, but misses.

Brother Butterfly grabs a wand and takes a swipe with his mace, and though it doesn’t connect, his flanking position gives Cats an opportunity to slash her deeply across the back.

Weiralai steps back and waves a hand towards Cats and the Mariner, leaving a twisting pattern of subtle, shifting colors woven in the air.

Cats and Mariner make a will save vs DC 17 or become fascinated.

Fascinated:
A fascinated creature is entranced by a supernatural or spell effect. The creature stands or sits quietly, taking no actions other than to pay attention to the fascinating effect, for as long as the effect lasts. It takes a –4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Perception checks. Any potential threat, such as a hostile creature approaching, allows the fascinated creature a new saving throw against the fascinating effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the fascinated creature, automatically breaks the effect.

Spellcraft or Knowledge Arcana DC 16:
A fascinated creature's ally may shake it free of the spell as a standard action.

INITIATIVE
Fearless (40/40) *filth fever
Butterfly (47/47 -4 nonlethal) -1 negative level *Shield spell 8 rnds
Mariner (59/88) -3 dexterity
Cats (35/35) -2 negative levels

Weiralai (-37)


Wil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

+1 sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
2nd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The fight is going to end quickly with either him or her on the ground, the Mariner changes strategy and drops the defensive position.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

@GM, assuming Mariner failed the fascinate spell and is standing there slackjawed. What do I need to accomplish the feat of rushing forward and with both hands on his chest pushing Mariner 15-20 feet back? I may not do this, but it's an idea to keep Mariner from getting a sneak attack next round.


Butterfly: bull rush.

4,551 to 4,600 of 5,746 << first < prev | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.