DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

~Guide to Strange Aeons~
+Visual Guide+
=Combat Map=
$Loot List$
Bottle Caps: Butterfly 1, Cats 1, Fearless 2, Mariner 1


5,601 to 5,650 of 5,731 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>

Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Guh.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Charisma


The Mariner looks on the awkward moment, slightly impressed at the boldness, Like a cat with nine lives and eighteen legs.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Cats leaves it all on the dance floor. Killer moves, flashy style, a few arrows spilled from his quiver, and his dignity. The merchant prince is amused, but not impressed.

***

The viscount’s functionaries have been observing the Watchmen, and grudgingly allow them back into the viscount’s company. Brellin is pleased that to have been spared him from a public embarrassment and happily provides not only a signet ring but a magical belt of mighty constitution +2 as well.

As the Watchmen are dismissed a change comes over the party. A warm glow shines through the windows from outside as the Celephais sunset finally arrives. The musicians cease playing and a hush falls over the ballroom. The partygoers back away from the center of the dance floor and an immense, bloated, purple spider with seven legs descends from the darkness above the ballroom on a thick string of webbing.

The viscount stands, enraptured, and sighs, “My beloved!” as streamers of tarry drool drip from his mouth. He slowly makes his way onto the dance floor and takes a delicate spider leg in hand. A polite applause rises from the revolted partygoers as he begins the Sunset Waltz with the monster.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

good work Cats! Nice magic item too!
Jasper makes his way to the bar. His retreat from such an overwhelming assault, striking his core.
He takes a moment to put the veneer back on his face when speaking to the bartender.
Your best wine! Two glasses! One for me and one for my dance partner.
That's not true in the least. Both are for him.
Wine is not meant to be guzzled, but he does put it down fast.

will save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Save vs alcoholism.

THe second glass goes down equally fast. With two empties, Brother Butterfly places them on a stand somewhere. He makes his way to the other wise of the bar and the other bartender.
Saying much the same thing as before, he claims two more. Grasping the long stemmed wine glasses, he pulls gulps from the one in his dominant hand.
He looks around for Lady HeartbreakerSplinterbone. He wonders how exactly a vixen of a vampire might react if he walked over and handed her a glass.
She sure put my King into Check. Using a nice pair of Rooks.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless grabs another glass of booze to dull his senses, though really it was to burn out all memories of watching these dances and especially the drooling one with the spider. "Well, this could have gone far worse than we imagined. Far better than our first time in the Dreamlands." He tussles his hair. "Should we rest and check out these Zoogs in the Enchanted Woods?"


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats goes back to pick up any fallen arrows and bits of his dignity that he had left on the dance floor. Then he moves to get himself a nice thick drink, something with celery probably, and enjoy the rest of the dance. He's feeling pretty good, having left it all on the dance floor.

He had come to this fancy ass dream party and kicked its ass. It's a good feeling. He tips his glass to Brother Butterfuly.

"What a party. I don't have wet dreams this good," Cats exclaims, ready to put his drink bottom up.

"Fearless" wrote:
"Should we rest and check out these Zoogs in the Enchanted Woods?"

"Yeah, sure, Catless. We should do that, but might as well enjoy the rest of this party tho," Kast replies, looking for another drink. "We're already here and there might be another Maudette around who is looking for trouble."

That belt is just for the Dreamslands, right? This part of the AP is weird because it almost seems like we need separate character sheets and loot sheets for the Dreamlands vs. reality.


Items found in the Dreamlands stay in the Dreamlands. You also have a sword you found but have not yet identified.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother B has retreated back to the bar. He looks upon the dance between The Viscount and the SpiderCount with a hazed amusement. The effects of the powerful wine having dulled his senses.

He clashes glasses with Kast and mimics the call, Yes! Better than wet dreams!
He looks around, putting his hands on the barstool.... the comfortable bar stool.

This location is the best place we've been too. Dancing with beauties, being among the rich and powerful, and having a comfortable bar stool to sit on.
That is a perfect place and we can come back anytime we want!

He orders a new, fresh one.
Lifting the glass up, he slurs another toast.
To The Mariner!
To Fearless!
To Cats!
The Watchmen has once again saved the day.

Brother orders more and drinks more.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Mariner manages a smile, a sort of rare bemused one-sided cheeky draw. Though actually pleased that he was standing nowhere near the arachnophelia show, he passes it off, "Great moves Cats, the spinning about in ten circles chasing your own hems really impressed. And Brother, you prove once again that no one should ever tell you 'In your dreams'."

"Now let's get through the rest of this without getting killed."


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

We could probably make a separate tab for Dreamland gear. I forgot completely that that gear is only used and stays there.

Fearless feels a small bit uncomfortable enjoying the party knowing that the black slobbering viscount's wife could gobble them up at any point. But with the Watchmen around him he drinks to visions of the Twin being yanked up and killed in Briarstone and tosses another back. "We are the few remaining."


Uncannily, the Mariner was thinking exactly as Fearless, about the Twin and Pinkie. A grim reminder of their purpose and journey. He gives a silent toast, "Let's get to those woods."


For the first time.. ever... the Watchmen enjoy an evening of wine, music, and dancing. And if one averts their eyes from the ominous mist overhead, and faces away from the monstrous couple cutting a rug in the center of the hall, one might almost find the event was normal.

With a plan for another excursion decided, Cats, Fearless, and the Mariner return to the waking world... and find Brother Butterfly sitting on the deck, holding his head and moaning awfully.

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Uggh, My tongue feels so thick.
I need to remember next time that *Spirits* in the dreamlands are far more potent. I only had two glasses of wine. Must be like drinking at high altitudes.

And Brother gives everyone a bold faced lie about how much he was drinking.
He makes his way to bed, sleeping off the hangover. No need to jump into another dream encounter until later in the evening. Once he's recovered and had time to pray for blessings that were properly geared towards enemy encounters and the forest.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless watches as Brother Butterfly leave. "The Hells is wrong with Shapeshifter? You think he'd be keen on hopping back in there after that." Though it is no skin off his back. Fearless goes to take a small nap himself and research a bit more into their condition in quiet solitude in the meantime.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Mariner smiles devilishly seeing Brother hanging off the starboard. He grabs an onion from the galley and pulls up next to him.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Would someone like to try to ID the old rusty, probably useless, sword we found?

Cats enjoys his dream, waking in the morning more excited for his next trip to the game world. He moseys over to sit next to Butterfly.

"You feelin' bad because you struck cat last night? Huh?" Cats smiles, he too failed to score. "Don't take it too personally, it was a tough night all around. Keep your chin up, Catterfly. We'll do better next time."


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Assuming you are speaking of this one?

While going through his books after his nap, the ship lets out a small lurch dumping the contents of their packs once more. The rusted, curved blade skids across the deck and Fearless picks it up, shoving it back in. "May as well give this another go."

Spellcraft; Inspiration: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 14 + (6) = 21

He is too distracted and chucks it back into the corner. "At least the books I can understand."

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Jasper spends time hurling. Once the contents of his stomach are gone, and maybe some bile has gone overboard, he crawls his way to the bed to sleep.

Saying such sage things as,
BLURGH
Not. Good.
My head is killing me
and more
BLURGH


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats seems a bit disappointed in Butterlfy.

”Are you not catting well? Is that why I didn’t score last night? Was your energy off?” Cats looks suspiciously at his friend. ”That Catdette, I’m sure she was into me until *you* said something...”

Cats wonders about the shapechanger now too.


@Mariner: Great link. Erik the Viking is one of the best.
@Fearless: the antique sword only exists in the Dreamlands. I’ll assume you checked it upon arrival.

Taking time to rest and recover from a nightmare hangover, the Watchmen gather once more around the miniature staircase and begin the occult ritual to return to the Dreamlands.

Reciting the keywords found in Lowls’ books, Fearless directs the stairway to The Enchanted Wood where the group arrives on the wide, flat branch of an enormous oak tree. Smaller branches end in sprays of wide, sturdy leaves and connect to the branches of other trees throughout this arboreal landscape.

This branch is about a hundred feet above the forest floor below, and the immense trees reach yet further upward, extending smaller branches and ordinary-sized leaves. This elevated forest terrain is brightly lit— as it is daytime—but shadows pool where the canopy far above provides deep shade.

This dream quest requires obtaining a tail from a feline creature called a pard. Lowls aided the native, rodent-like zoogs in attacking a pard den and took a tail in order to bring it to the Mad Poet as a gift.

Fearless takes the antique sword and studies it once again, but cannot seem to fathom its mystery.

Perception DC 20:

You notice the luminous eyes of a few zoogs hiding in nearby tree boles.

Perception DC 26:

Something big crouches in the shadows of the branches about 40 feet overhead. A thin humanoid with a long horselike head.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

This is the next day/night, correct? I think we'd rest up before going back in. If not, we will wait a night/day.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 Perception

"Are we in a catting tree?" Cats asks, looking around. "I guess I know where Catterfly is going to sit and do his C-A-T-T-I-N-G."

Cats unlimbers his bow looking up into the boughs a few times to confirm what he's seeing.

"There is something above us," Cats mentions, unsure what the rules here might be. "Might be humanoid and friendly, might not. So, let's be catful, huh?"


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless' eyes dart up , looking around for what Cats sees.

Perception; Inspiration: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 13 + (3) = 18
Perception; Inspiration: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 13 + (6) = 25

"You sure, I don't see anything." He squints tightly trying to focus as he clings tightly to the thick branch. "So....Any ideas on how to get down from here and get on solid ground?"


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The Mariner jerks ad nearly leaps off the branch as his sea legs expectantly touches down on a rounded surface. Taking a moment to gather his balance, he hears Cat's warning and looks up, not seeing anything either, he arms himself with a throwing axe.

Squatting, he looks down to gauge the height. "Not sure we wanna get to ground, may be safer up here. Let's keep moving at least, see anything follows us."

If the branch to branch appears sturdy, he'll begin to cross

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Well, heights are nothing to a devotee of the Great Traveler! It is in her desires that experience life up high and down low.
Soar, Glide, Avi, Aero.

And Brother starts to fly.
We need to look around and look for friends.
Jasper looks.
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

I will wait for next round, but cast shield of faith of Mariner and then again on myself.
percent change to retain spell: 1d100 ⇒ 18 20 or less- retain spell.
Boom. Free spell! +3 to deflection AC for Mariner and myself.

I also see some Zoogs up in the trees.


Cats tries to warn his companions about the watcher in the woods, but none of them has his keen eyesight. Heeding his warning, weapons are drawn and spells are cast. Brother Butterfly rises off the branch and is offering divine protection to the Mariner when Cats suddenly looses track of the watcher. Then, a few moments later, it appears out of thin air right behind Brother Butterfly!

Merging the features of a horse and human, this monstrosity has an equine snout, sharp fangs, and long forelimbs with clawed fingers.

The creature snaps at Brother Butterfly, but by the luck of Desna, the bite flings him just out of reach from its powerful hooves.

Bite - PA: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (2, 3) + 15 = 20
Hoof - PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Hoof - PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

Knowledge Nature DC 23:

This creature is a tikbalang.
Dangerous protectors of deep forests and lush jungles, tikbalangs are malicious creatures that enjoy leading travelers astray. Tikbalangs mimic sounds to lure explorers off their determined path, even separating a single traveler from his group and kidnapping him. They use their magical abilities to make the forest confusing to those passing through, often weaving illusions around a path to hide important turns or cloaking the entire jungle in an unfamiliar appearance.

*More info available at DC 28 - specify offense, defense, or special abilities.

ROLLS:

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Cats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Fearless: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
The Mariner: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Creature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Butterfly managed to cast fly on himself and shield of faith on Mariner before the creature attacked.

INITIATIVE
The Mariner (105/105) *Shield of Faith
Fearless (46/46)
Cats (52/52)

Creature *Flying
Brother Butterfly (40/60) *Flying

Map up. The creature is flying and has 10' reach


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Round 8

Cats, with bow in hand, fires repeatedly at the weird horsething.

1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28 to hit; (includes PBS)
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 damage.

1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28 to hit; (includes PBS)
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 damage.

1d20 + 10 - 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 5 - 2 = 9 to hit; (includes PBS)
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 damage.

Potential double crits:
1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 20 to hit; (includes PBS)
2d8 + 16 ⇒ (7, 4) + 16 = 27 additional damage.

1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 24 to hit; (includes PBS)
2d8 + 16 ⇒ (6, 3) + 16 = 25 additional damage.

Cats Stats:

Melee:
[ dice]1d20+11[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

[ dice]1d20+6[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d10+6[/dice] slashing damage.

AC: 20
HP: 52/52
LoH: 0/4 used

[ dice]1d20+101d6d1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 8 = 16 damage.

Rapid:
[ dice]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice]1d8+8[/dice] damage.

Catrenrae’s Gift: 0/2 used.
Mini Smite: 0/1 used: Once per day as a swift action, you can add your Charisma bonus to your attack rolls and deal 1 additional point of damage for each class level you have against evil creatures for 1 round. You must have a good alignment to take this trait.

Spoiler:

+6 Bab +4 Dex +1 magic +1 PBS -2 DA -2 Rapid= +8/+8 to hit
+2 Str +1 magic +4 DA+1 PBS = +8 damage


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Knowledge Nature; Inspiration: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 8 + (4) = 28

Fearless gasps as the creature shows itself. "That's a tikbalang! They mimic sounds to lure us in and play tricks on your mind with illusions." Fearless slowly stomps along the branch to put a little more distance between himself and the creature."[/b]

Double move at half speed.

Status:

HP 46/46
AC 20
Spells: 1st 5/5 | 2nd 4/4
Inspiration 5/7
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 3/3
Wand of Magic Missile (3rd) 14 charges remaining


”Brother - get out of there!”, The Mariner aims a throwing ax and lets loose.

throwing ax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 281d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

I am trying! It's almost as if flying things don't like me and want to chastise me to my grave!If it can't hurt me with it's hooves, it lashes out with it's mouth.

Why couldn't this horseface go after someone more apt to defend itself. You know, like you or Cats![/b]


Mariner throws an axe, slashing the creatures flank. Fearless backs away, putting distance between himself and the thing and making room for the others to maneuver. Cats draws and fires his bow, sending two near-perfect shots into the monster.

The creature howls in surprise, tearing out an arrow and glaring at the source. It’s eyes flash and Cats finds himself suddenly alone on a path in a strange forest.

Cats: give me an Intelligence check please.

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly (40/60) *Flying
The Mariner (105/105) *Shield of Faith
Fearless (46/46)
Cats (52/52)*elsewhere!

Creature -9 *Flying


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Well, Cats is out of this fight. With a -1 Int mod, I think he's likely here for the full 10 minutes. I'm not going to post in rounds, but will continue to monitor things.

Cats looks around the forest. He looks around for the team, wondering what part of the dreamrealm he has been transported to.

"Catless? Catiner? Catterfly? Where are you guys? Hello?" With bow ready, he begins to skulk around, wondering where the party and foe had gone.


Well you could always roll a natural 20.
Also, forgot to add Cats damage to the creature.

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly (40/60) *Flying
The Mariner (105/105) *Shield of Faith
Fearless (46/46)
Cats (52/52)*elsewhere!

Creature -62 *Flying


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
DM Rah wrote:
Well you could always roll a natural 20.

Nah, Dawg, it's not a save, it's a catting check. So, I'm out. Such is Cat life...which is correct if you know the mercurial (not) attitudes of cats.

Cats scans the trees, hoping for signs of life...or even that of Butterfly.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

"I'm right behind you, you mouse chasing fool! What's wrong with you?" Fearless asks unsure what is going on. He streaks a trio of magical missiles into the bird.

Magic Missiles; Focused Force: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) + 3 = 13

Status:

HP 46/46
AC 20
Spells: 1st 4/5 | 2nd 4/4
Inspiration 5/7
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 2/3
Wand of Magic Missile (3rd) 14 charges remaining


The Mariner quickly follows up with another throwing axe at horse face.

throwing ax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother flies backward to get out of the reach of this creature.
No longer wanting to get the brunt of all that it hates. Mariner, how would you like to put your shield arm in front of me. I'm hoping that Desna might drop a world of hurt.
Desna, bring your Holy power. Alchemical, atomic, fission, neutron. B-O-M-B.

cast Holy Smite - Is this an Evil outsider? Since we are in the dream realm. Is it evil? Gm, can you roll damage depending on what it is. It might also need to do a DC 19 Saving through vs blindness for 1 round.
A rung of white hot holy energy surrounds the creature. The ring is almost blinding to those not of reasonably pure heart, and when the crispness of energy retreats, they see that it had an interesting effect on the tikbalang.


The Mariner throws another axe, but this one is less accurate. Fearless presses the attack, tearing into the beast with magic missiles. Meanwhile, Brother Butterfly calls upon Desna to layith down the holy smackdown.

Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
4d8 ⇒ (5, 3, 8, 5) = 21

The creature recoils, but not as much as Brother Butterfly had hoped. With a howl it soars over the group and down at the pudgy cleric.

Bite - PA: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (3, 3) + 15 = 21

***

Elsewhere... Cats wanders the strange forest, finding a fork, but having no idea which way to go.

INITIATIVE
Brother Butterfly (19/60) *Flying
The Mariner (105/105) *Shield of Faith
Fearless (46/46)
Cats (52/52)*elsewhere!

Creature -84 *Flying

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

With this thing back on him, Brother moves downward onto the tree area and just a bit away from the creature. Regrettably still within it's reach. With Desna's influence maybe the creature will fly too close to Mariner and be in striking distance.

Move 5 feet guarded step and then channel as I'm in it's AoO range if I do anything else.
channel: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 5) = 14Selective channel. Omit enemy.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

As Cats plays with his Dinglehopper, Fearless continues to assault it. "Cats! That fork isn't doing any good here. You trying to get us all killed?"

Magic Missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 3 = 13

Status:

HP 46/46
AC 20
Spells: 1st 3/5 | 2nd 4/4
Inspiration 5/7
Tactician 1/1 (Rounds 3/3)
Challenge 1/1
Phrenic Pool 2/3
Wand of Magic Missile (3rd) 14 charges remaining


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7
DM Rah wrote:
Elsewhere... Cats wanders the strange forest, finding a fork, but having no idea which way to go.

Cats picks up the fork, and then looks down every path available to him, hoping there is a trail of more utensils that will lead him to the party, or a feast. He chooses to go left, because that’s where the fork usually goes, he thinks. To the left of the dinner plate. Or not.

He puts the fork in his pouch, right next to the strange unidentified rusty and probably useless sword.


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Unable to edit, but was just informed that Cats is no longer with us so ignore Fearless' insane ramblings.


The Mariner whips out the bow he got off Glower's body. Planting a firm foot on the large branch, he let looses an arrow at the creature.

CompBow+3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Brother Butterfly keeps himself alive with a prayer. The Mariner readies his new bow, but Mariner discovers he could use some tips from Cats.

The beast seems just about ready to pounce on Brother Butterfly and tree-stomp him into cleric-jam, but Fearless hurls another powerful barrage of mental force that rocks it back.

Badly injured, the beast withdraws from the fight.

You can take ranged attacks if you like, but the combat is over.

***

Wandering about further, Cats comes across more discarded dinnerware - a greasy butter spade, a silver dinner knife covered with jam, and a fancy runcible spoon that smells faintly of meat and pears.

STATUS
Brother Butterfly (33/60) *Flying
The Mariner (105/105) *Shield of Faith
Fearless (46/46)
Cats (52/52)*elsewhere!


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless looks around. "cats....Cats...CATS!" He calls out loudly looking for the deranged feline lover. "Where did he go?"

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats continues to walk down the path, picking up utensils and cleaning them off in his mouth. It’s not often you get good quality floor jelly. Sniffing the meat runcible, he continues to move on, looking for a feast. He puts what he finds in his belt pouch.

Where did everyone go? And how come I wasn’t invited to the party?


The Mariner looks on as the beast disappears, ”Fearless, what the hell did you say that ickapoo thing was? And will we be seeing it again?”

”And where hell is Cats? Did he fall off the branch?”, he looks down onto the forest floor.

Perception : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Scarab Sages

M Human Cleric of Desna Level 7 AC 19 w/shield. 18 W/O. +12 Perception

Brother Butterfly looks around too. Not seeing Cats at all, which is odd because he's always underfoot or cock blocking.

Cats! Hey Cats!
I need to get some healing from Desna, but I can fly around and check the forest floor or the treetops.

He says this as he is flying slightly above the tree limb right aside with Mariner.

CLW: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Sac 1st level spell.
clw: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Sac 1st level spell.
He then casts shield of faith on himself.
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Male Halfling | HP 46/46 | AC 19; TCH 14; FF 16 | Perc +13

Fearless hangs tightly to the branch and watches Brother Butterfly flit around the trees. "Careful, there might be more of them around. That one looked pretty wounded so shouldn't be back anytime soon."


Brother Butterfly patches up his wounds and flies around the immediate vicinity looking for any sign of Cats. He searches for a few minutes, but finds no trace.

Meanwhile, dozens of zoogs creep from their hiding places to watch the Watchmen. One moves closer and squeaks in a language only Fearless understands.

Fearless:

”Zoogs thankful. You strangers be... friends to zoog?”

***

As he puts the spoon in his mouth Cats discovers a lump of mincemeat on his tongue. It’s somewhat flavorless, but not bad. The jelly knife, however, tastes fresh and sweet.


Acrobatics: +8. Disable: +15. Perception: +12. Sleight/Stealth +10. F9/R11/W9. Seeker of Redemption 7

Cats continues to wander around, looking for food, a party, the party...pretty much anything other than forest.

5,601 to 5,650 of 5,731 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.