Rise of the Runelords by DM Doctor Evil (again)

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Rise of the Runelord. Chapter 3

Hook Mountain Clanhold Overview Map

Hook Mountain Battle Mapb


4,701 to 4,750 of 5,564 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"Drat!" cries Robin in frustration as he can't squeeze through. "Okay, time to scram!" He's ready to fall back with the others.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 2

"assuming" everyone decides it is ok to leave for the day/night....

As not even Robin is able to get thru the tiny openings, you quickly move out the gate, over the pile of dirt. Cadas quickly calls an elemental and instructs it to bash down the gate, and then go and bash down any ogres that it finds coming after them. As the group moves into the woods, you see and hear the gates come crashing down, and the elemental move deeper into the fort. For a few moments you also hear the sounds of a battle as the ogres finally destroy the elemental, then all is quiet, but by then the group, with Shalelu and Jakardros carrying the lifeless body of Vale, has made it into the woods.

You spend the rest of the day and night there, planning how you will attack the rest of the fort.

During the day, Jakardros gives you several options of how to gain access. "One, and the least recommended way, is to go in thru the front gates(B11) to the inner fane. With the destruction of several buildings and the death of most of the exterior ogres, they will be highly prepared for that. The second way, is to go back inside the waterfall and that corridor heading down below. There is a secret back door into the basement of the keep. Now you will have to pass thru where the shocker lizards are in order to get in, but with your skills it should not be a problem." He looks at Shalelu, and then down at Vale, before continuing. "As for me, Shalelu and I have made our peace, and no won't tell you, ask her if you wish. My duty is now to bring Vale back to town, get him buried and ask the mayor of Turtleback Ferry to reinforce the fort, perhaps with help from Magnimar. I will leave when daylight comes."

Adolina, I need four (4) DC 16 Fort save. One for each level. Each success means you gain back the level. Each fail means the drain is permanent and you will need a restoration spell for each permanent level gained, and then only 1 per week. The Fort saves will occur before resting and regaining of spells so you cannot just have the temporary levels restored by spells yet.

Next?
Level Map Updated

Status
(HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano (61/61, 15,ma19)
Adolina (74/74[94], 22)[4 negative levels]
Robin (88/88, 20)
Cadas (75/75, 23,24 consecrated shield)
Shalelu (102/102, 20)

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Oh dear... hee's to hoping - can anyone boost my saves before the rolls?

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

So close, anyone got a +2 they can give me?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Good rolls! Robin has Heroism. +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks for 70 minutes. Hopefully that works?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Note that Cadas has 24 hours to cast Restoration on Adolina to remove all temp negative levels. If she does that, and she will, then I am pretty sure no saves are required. Also DM Papa.DRB, did you see where Catas plans to cast Gentle Repose on Vale and eventually return him to life?

I have my own plans for Vale and I hope you will listen to what I have to say. In the morning I will cast a spell called Gentle Repose that will prevent any decomposition on Vale's body. This will last more than a week and can be renewed. I would offer Vale a chance to live again. As a loyal follower of Gozreh I hope to have that power bestowed upon me soon. Would you allow Vale to wait in state for a few weeks and give him the choice to return to us? You can still take him back if you wish, but then you must find someone else to renew the repose. Of you can stay here and secure our camp. It would do me well to know I had a guarded camp to fall back upon after such a raid as today and I know not how long we will have to fight at the fort or what will follow.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano nods eagerly, in agreement with Cadas. "I cannot stress how important it might be for us to have a defensible position!" he exclaims. "These ogres have tested us like nothing we've faced before, and we've got to be ready in case there's something more dire ahead."

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"On that subject I think the only sensible way to strike at the keep will be through the tunnels. We don't want to charge the front door the way the ogres would. It's exactly what they'll expect. Better yet if we go in an night. Then Robin and I might be able to finish off quite a few in their sleep - it would certainly make such a fight much easier if we can lessen their numbers."

If Adolina can get inside at night while the ogres sleep then its nearly mathematically impossible for them to see/hear her, then she can slap them with some serious CdG's. :)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano nods slowly. "I still want to make sure that we don't underestimate the danger these shocker lizards pose, if disturbed," he says gravely. "But I must agree. It seems the best plan."


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 31d4 ⇒ 3

At Cadas suggestion, Jakardros says, "Shalelu and I can stay here for a few days. We will need to get back to Turtleneck Ferry so we can reinforce the fort. I appreciate the spell put on Vale, however when we do get more rangers here, we will bury him on the grounds, and as we find others, will bury them also."

Waking up in the morning, Cadas casts a restoration spell on Adolina, and all the damage done by the spectre is in the past. You spend the rest of the day preparing, and when nightfall comes, you move to the south of the fort and enter the waterfall(B12). Finding you way along the tunnel again, you come to the secret door that led to the now burnt out building, and follow the descending tunnel down. Following the winding tunnel, you move about thirty feet, and see that the tunnel splits slightly ahead.

Next?
Level Map Updated

See new map link under the "Maps & Handouts" spoiler above. RotR: Fort Rannick Underneath

Status
(HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano (61/61, 15,ma19)
Adolina (94/94, 22)
Robin (88/88, 20)
Cadas (75/75, 23,24 consecrated shield)


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Before descending to the tunnels, Robin casts Heroism on Cadas and Adolina. Lasts 70 minutes.

"Adolina, do you want to sneak around and figure out the best path? Then we can all move together invisibly and try to sneak past the shocker lizards."

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

"I'll be back in a minute." Adolina smiles, "do any of you have a spell that would help me climb? It would be nice to go over the lizards if they're in the way"

Regardless Adolina slinks into the shadows of the tunnel, moving more quietly than a faint breeze.

Take 10 for 42 :) Will look left first, then right.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Just before heading out Cadas casts Communal Resist Energy 20 on the party against both electricity and fire. And she will cast magic circle vs evil 10’ r on herself.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Can we assume we would've chatted about spells while prepping? Because it seems likely, and if so...

Marcellano smiles. "I have just the thing."

Spell Prep--input please?:

1st: Charm Person x2, Magic Missile, Obscuring Mist, Grease, Expeditious Retreat
2nd: Extended Mage Armor, Spider Climb, Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray, Web
3rd: Fly, Blink, Haste x2, Lightning Bolt
4th: Summon Monster IV x2, Scrying, Extended Fly?


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

I think Fly x2 makes Spider Climb redundant. Otherwise seems good to me!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Chat about spells, then I will move the game forward with Adolina doing some scouting....

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Spider Climb has its uses - Adolina would certainly prefer getting that than Fly. I'm not sure if Charm Person is worth it - it won't effect ogres or anything monsterous/undead etc, so I wouldn't bank on it having much utility. More grease is probably more useful...


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Good point about Spider Climb, Adolina. That'd be lots of fun for you! I think Ogres can be charmed as they're humanoid. And they have low will saves to boot! I'm fine with whatever you decide, Marcellano!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Assumption on my end is that you the spell list is as spoilered above. At least 1 spider climb.

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 201d4 ⇒ 1

After Marcellano casts spider climb on Adolina, she heads to the north thru the tunnels, sneaking all the way. The first alcove on the left is empty, so she continues north. There is also an alcove to her right that is empty. Looking north and south she sees three exits. One due north, one north but slightly east, and one to the south that looks like it turns to the east. So far the caves are uninhabited.

Next? Exit 1, 2, or 3
Level Map Updated

Status
(HP Cur/Max, AC)

Marcellano (61/61, 15,ma19)
Adolina (94/94, 22)
Robin (88/88, 20)
Cadas (75/75, 23,24 consecrated shield)


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas moves up some in the line and encourage Adolina to make a decision about which way to go. None seem better than another to the cleric.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Robin follows Cadas along as well.

Also, to back up a little bit, assume Adolina has Message cast on her as well, in addition to Spider Climb. In case she needs to call for backup.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Using Robin's spell Adolina reports back on the empty side caves and her options. Following her nose she heads to the left, feeling more comfortable with a wall to her back.

Exit 1, keep party informed via message, and keep taking 10 for that 40 stealth :) She'll work around from left to right if there are more empty caves, so 2 and then 3 depending on dead ends...


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas moves up to a support position.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Yes, good with that spell list. Sorry, life threw me some curveballs this week...trying to get back into the swing of things.

Side note: that spider climb lasts for 80 minutes.

Marcellano follows along with the others, his abjuration guarding him as he watches Adolina make her way through the caverns ahead of them.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

Oh hey, we're level 8 now! So my stuff lasts 80 minutes too!


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 141d4 ⇒ 4

Adolina makes her way thru the cave system, first going thru the northern exit(1), and seeing that it is empty she heads to the next exit(2), and finds more small caves with nothing in them, that is till she gets close to the southern part. Looking on silently, she believes that the south most east exit(3) would lead directly to the larger cavern. She sees perhaps a dozen or so adult lizards, perhaps a dozen or so young, and a pile of eggs in the southern most cavern. They do not seem aggressive, and you see a few dig in the area, find some grubs, eat them, and then go back to digging.

Next?
Level Map Updated

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

I've found the shocker lizars. Adolina reports. They don't seem aggressive, yet at least. I'll go over and keep scouting - let me know how you're going to get past them. Suiting actions to words she crawls across the ceiling until she has the best view of the cave and its exits.

Go across the ceiling to get past the lizards and see what exits there are.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"Hmmmmm," Marcellano mutters when Adolina's words are reported. "We face a dilemma. The shocker lizards are not normally aggressive, but they can be rather territorial, and they may attack us--and their electrical power is greater in numbers. I have some spells that would help--we could either fly across (with Cadas carrying you, Robin), or I could cast a spell to speed us on our way."

"Or...we could try to just run through as quickly as possible, and hope we make it." He grimaces. "That might be theoretically possible, though risky."

What do we think? Fly? Haste?


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Lets see what Adelina reports. No need to rush the decision. Cadas says quietly.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 121d4 ⇒ 2

Continuing to walk across the ceiling using the spider climb spell, Adolina goes into the final passageway leading north and comes to the back of wall. Examining it closely she finds a latch that she believes will open it, and allow entry into the keeps basement.

Next?
Level Map Updated

@Adolina what did you use to find the alias avatar that you are now using. I cannot find it under the list of avatars, but then again, I am not going to search thru the thousands available.
.
@All - the shocker lizards are at location B37


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

B37 is a large and convoluted area. Can we go through entrance 3 without disturbing them?


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

The lizard eggs are in the southern alcove, and the lizards are pretty much everywhere in the B37 area.
.
Could you walk thru the area? Yes
.
Without "disturbing" the shocker lizards? Maybe
.
The #3 entrance, however, does give you the best chance.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

So going through 2 keeps us farther away from the eggs, where I would expect them to be most aggressive. Just move through quickly?


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

Yes, going thru 2 takes you further from the eggs, but is longer thru the main body of lizards.

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Search by date added and you'll find it in the first few pages.

Adolina reports back. "Good luck. Maybe moving slowly and staying away from the eggs will help...?"


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Hearing from Adolina, Cadas formulates a plan, explains it to the others. I shall walk through as non-threateningly as I can. If they attack I shall channel them down. Stay back and give me a moment.

She enters from 2 and moves at a normal walk to where Adolina waits.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

"Uhhhhhh are we sure about this?" Marcellano asks. "Robin could make us invisible or I could cast an enchantment to let us fly...we sure?"


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"I'll add some invisibility - it can't hurt. Everyone stick close to Marcy!"

Proceeding with the strategy, Robin casts Invisibility Sphere on Marcellano, and walks together with him and Cadas, attempting to move past the shocker lizards.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Cadas cannot exclude all the party should she need to channel negative energy. Thought it would be worth the risk to know how they might react. With Resist energy going and the ability to heal herself it seemed a good risk.


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

I thought you could exclude targets up to your +3 Charisma modifier--that's me, Marcellano, and Adolina. But that's not important--I didn't understand until now that your plan was to test how the lizards react and that therefore my invisibility isn't helpful.

Realizing that Cadas has other plans, Robin holds off on his invisibility sphere. He approaches until he can sneak a peek at the lizards from around a corner, and lets Cadas try her plan.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

You are right. 3. Cadas has been working on getting her Chr higher to be able to exclude the entire party someday.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

We can absolutely try the plan! Just wanted to make sure that we were all aware of other options. :)


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

If this does not work, I hope I live to regret it. :) I think it will be good to know if we can walk past without provoking the critters in case we need to do so on the way out with low resources.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 51d4 ⇒ 2

Deciding to see if you could just move past the lizards, without having to use resources, Cadas leads the way, with Marcellano next, then Robin bringing up the rear, as Adolina is already past the main group of lizards and near the door. Entering at the north exit of the area where the lizards are(#2), you move slowly down the center of the passage, then hug the left side of the wall as you near the exit from this area, as to keep as far away from the eggs as possible. While a few of the lizards seem interested in the parade of folks moving past them, none of the lizards attack as you have kept as far away as possible from the eggs and you appear none threatening.

Next?

Everyone is at the door, and Adolina points out the latch that she believes will open the door to gain access to the basement of the keep.


F Human Shoanti [AC: 23/12 tch/21 ff; HP 83/95; Frt +9, Ref +5, Will +13; Perc +19/21 vs creatures] Cleric 10, Init:+1, Diplo +8, Heal +15, Sense Motive +15

Whew!


Male Halfling Bard (Wit) 10 | AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 109/110 | F+8 R+13 W+9 (+11 vs fear) | Perc +14 | Init +14 (always act in surprise round) |

"I can't believe that worked!" says Robin in surprise as he sneaks by the lizards. He's amped up, ready to burst through the door and face whatever lies behind it. "After you, Adolina!"

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

After a careful examination, and gesturing her companions to silence, Adolina opens the door a fraction and slips quickly through.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Stealth, opening door: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (16) + 30 = 46
Stealth, hiding in next room: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (17) + 30 = 47 -10 if there are no shadows or normal cover within 10 feet for me to hide in.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

DM rolls:

?: 1d20 ⇒ 131d4 ⇒ 2

Opening the door, Adolina sees a simple room might have once been a jailer’s den, or perhaps even a torture chamber, but someone has gone through great pains to re-purpose it. The air now smells of sweet exotic incense, and veils of multicolored silk drape from floor to ceiling throughout. Between the rustlings of the veils, glimpses of giant cushions are revealed. The floor is strewn with luxuriant red throw rugs and sheets.

Next?
Level Map Updated


Male Human (Chelaxian) Conjurer 5/Cyphermage 5
Stats:
HP: 84 | AC/T/FF: 15/14/12 19/14/16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +10 | CMD: 18 | Init: +7 | Perc +8, Sense Motive +2 (each +2 with Narcizia) | Shift Remaining: 7/8

Marcellano, initially relieved to have made it past the lizards, stares into the room uneasily.

"...is it bad that I kind of wish this was still a jail? Given that we know there are ogres about, this is just...worrying."

Silver Crusade

HP:104/104; AC:25 (29) FF:-- T:22; F:+8 R:+12 W+3; Init +7, P/ SM +12, Stealth +23; Challenge 2/3 (+7 damage, +2 AC/Saves), Resolve 3/3, Shadow Illusion 1/1, Active: FoM, Heroism, MCvsE, 1 neg level
Shadowlina:
HP 17/52, AC 15 FF13 T15, F: +8, R: +6, W: +4, Incorporeal Attack +11/+6, d6 Str Damage.

Is there anyone in here?

Assuming not...
Adolina pulls the door wider to show the rest of the party where they are.

If there is...
Adolina makes a 'stop' gesture towards the partially open door and then slips quietly towards the figure, raising her scimitar to strike as she examines her target.


Narrator [Maps, handouts, pictures: Links in top of page spoiler]

There is no one in the room

4,701 to 4,750 of 5,564 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Rise of the Runelords - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.