DM Papa.DRB - Legendary Planet

Game Master Almonihah


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,011 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender drops five silver coins onto the bar, "give me one as well, and something for my friends. When will your father be around did you say?"


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

"I'm right here," the ratfolk behind the bar answers before his daughter. "I'm Wuli. I suppose you could say I'm the closest thing we have to a Baron out here, but," he waves a hand around, "I think you can tell that doesn't mean much."

He takes the silver and starts pouring some mugs of ale. "By your dress I'm guessing you came through that portal recently? And ready for trouble, too. Did that dwarf already break the news to you that you're never getting back home?"


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

”In my experience, titles rarely make the being. It is more important who the being is on the inside. As for going back home, if you mean we’re not going back through that portal, we’re ok with that. It was never our home in the first place.”


M Dakkar 1/Barbarian (Wild Rager, Unchained) 4 MT 1 hp 80/80, AC 19 | Rage 10/13 | Fort+10 Ref+6 Will+5 | Perception+9 | MP: 4/5

Dakkar shrugged.

"Yeah, this place is closer to being like home for me than that place was anyway."


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

Wuli nods. "So what are you going to do now, then? Looking for work?"


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"I suppose we should find something, but for now a dry bed and food in our bellies seems pretty good. Traveling between worlds can really wear one out."


Female Eclise (Custom- fey) Barbarian 5 | HP 57/57| AC 21 T 16 FF 17| Fort *7; Ref +6, +1 vs traps; Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +6

Vashi takes her mug of ale and downs a good quarter of it. "Well, if you hear of anyone who needs a beating, call for us!"


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

Wuli grins just a bit. "It just so happens there is. There's been some sort of beast hunting our chags down recently. You can ask some of the others," he nods at the more human-looking people in the tent, "About what they've seen of it, but it's bad news for us. Life's hard enough out here without something eating our main source of meat and money."

"So what do you say, off-worlders? I could pay for any chag shells you can recover from his lair--they make good armor--and send you on your way with a letter to Baron Yacob of Merebec. You don't seem the ranching sorts, so Merebec's probably where you'll want to head from here. It's the closest thing to a town you'll find for weeks of travel in any direction."


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

”We don’t know much about this world, but we were definitely warned to stay away from chags. If we were warned away from them, do we really want to tangle with whatever is eating them?”


M Dakkar 1/Barbarian (Wild Rager, Unchained) 4 MT 1 hp 80/80, AC 19 | Rage 10/13 | Fort+10 Ref+6 Will+5 | Perception+9 | MP: 4/5

"We were warned not to kill the chags because that's what the people eat here. If they'd been unclaimed, I'd have said to hunt them. I say we go for it; whatever is hunting them might be edible."


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Kit downs his ale in one gulp. Yummy! He wipes his mouth on his sleeve. We probably have faced worse, so why not hunt the hunter!


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"My point is that we weren't to hunt them, so as to not anger the locals. Presumably because the locals could protect their own. But now it seems they can't, they need us to do it."


Female Eclise (Custom- fey) Barbarian 5 | HP 57/57| AC 21 T 16 FF 17| Fort *7; Ref +6, +1 vs traps; Will +2 | Init +4 | Perc +6

"Chags are off-limits but assuming whatever's eating them isn't a chag then it's fair game."


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"These chags must taste pretty damn good, what with all of the fuss about them."


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

Kit finds that the ale has a sour, earthy flavor... but it's definitely alcoholic.

Wuli laughs at Iskender's statement

"You get used to chag meat, when the alternative is starving," he states. "The shells make good armor, too. Normally we manage out here, but Shakes--that's what we've been calling the beast that's hunting the chags--he's something we've never dealt with before. We're not warriors here, more than we have to be to survive, at least."


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"Well, I suppose we aren't opposed to being for hire." Iskender looks to his companions for confirmation from them.

Any bets on just what the critter is? I have my vote all ready, but then I think it might be something original the author came up with just for this AP.


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Kit nods enthusiastically while he holds his mug out for a re-fill.

I am going with AP specific as well...


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

Wuli nods. "I'll pay when you get back. No proof needed beyond the chag shells to sell--not much eats them, after all, other than us."


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Sounds like a plan! Do you know where we might go and find this beast? If not, tell us where the last attack was and we will see if there is a trail to follow.


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

One of the other patrons in the tent speaks up. "Shakes lairs over in the Gash. Rolly'd probably take you--he's the one who watches the gate. Just watch out--we've lost two hunters to 'im already."

Another interjects, "Yeah, I hear he's the size of four chags put together, with huge wings and claws like daggers!"


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender asks those offering such tidbits, ”can you point us to the one who said it has wings and dagger-claws?”


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Dragon? Kit whispers.


M Dakkar 1/Barbarian (Wild Rager, Unchained) 4 MT 1 hp 80/80, AC 19 | Rage 10/13 | Fort+10 Ref+6 Will+5 | Perception+9 | MP: 4/5

"Well, that shouldn't be too bad. Got some wings and dagger claws myself, after all. Can take a look at it at the least."

Dakkar's wings flexed slightly; while somewhat stunted, they were heavily muscled. His bladed tail swished from side to side lazily.


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

After some discussion they conclude that it was Valy, who's out taking care of Mayabelle, who must have said it, and lead you out there. They point out a man leaning on the fence around the enclosure with the chag beetle in it.

"Hey, these folks are talking about hunting Shakes!" one of the bar patrons says to him.

He looks over, opens his mouth, takes a closer look at you, then closes it. After another moment Valy actually speaks. "Well, if anybody's gonna take him down, I suppose it'd be a lot like you. What d'ya need from me?"


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

”Tell us about them. Physical description, smells, sounds, etc.”


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

"I didn't get a real close look. Them that did's dead now." Valy spits to one side in a ritualistic manner. "Saw he's big, though. Real big. Big wings, kinda like a dragon, from what the stories say 'bout dragons. From what he does t' the chags... and t' people, he's got big claws 'nd teeth, but he shot something from his tail, too, that got Nyls. He had a bunch of fur around his head, too."

I'm having to come up with all these names. XD


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

”Hmmm, so it’s a chag eating dragoncupine! Very rare!”


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Told you all it was a dragon! Kit says in a self-congratulatory manner. He totally glosses over the other parts of the description.


M Dakkar 1/Barbarian (Wild Rager, Unchained) 4 MT 1 hp 80/80, AC 19 | Rage 10/13 | Fort+10 Ref+6 Will+5 | Perception+9 | MP: 4/5

Dakkar snorts.

"Unlikely. Dragons don't normally have fur, nor shoot things from their tails. Which is good, because a true dragon would probably be much more dangerous than whatever this thing is."


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"I'm sure dragons have variations across different worlds. The people certainly do, right? So then, shall we go try and find this dragoncupine?"


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Kit nods enthusiastically. Yeah! What he said!


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Let's go find this dragon-whatever-it-is!


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"I agree."


M Dakkar 1/Barbarian (Wild Rager, Unchained) 4 MT 1 hp 80/80, AC 19 | Rage 10/13 | Fort+10 Ref+6 Will+5 | Perception+9 | MP: 4/5

"Yeah, that was the plan. So, are we going or not?"


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Yes, we are! Kit will walk in the direction of where the dragon-thingy was sighted!


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

Following the directions you're given, you trek out into the desert. After a few hours of dry, dusty travel you reach the location indicated. A broad gully slopes steeply down about ten feet, with tenacious scrub and scattered boulders along the edge. A number of bones and large chitinous disks lie here and there around the area.

Knowledge (Nature) 10:
The chitinous disks are obviously the remains of some chags.

Survival 14:
You notice some recent prints in the area that look like those of an unusually large lion.


M Dakkar 1/Barbarian (Wild Rager, Unchained) 4 MT 1 hp 80/80, AC 19 | Rage 10/13 | Fort+10 Ref+6 Will+5 | Perception+9 | MP: 4/5

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Oh, come on, a skill I'm actually good at and I roll a one?

"Well, I'd guess this is where the attack happened. At least based on the bones and such. Though, do these chags actually have bones? Or just shells?"


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Iskender looks through the offal, "Interesting! Chag parts, and over here you can see what appear to be the recent tracks of an unusually large lion" He holds up the disks, and points at the prints as he makes reference to them.

GM, are these discs useful for anything? Making armor or weapons? Trade goods?


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Lion? I thought we were looking for a dragon! Kit asks confused.


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Iskender nods. "A dragoncupine, to be exact!"


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

Iskender recalls Wuli talking about making armor from chag shells.


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

I guess we should follow these lion tracks.

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

I guess Kit should lay off the drinking and do more rangering!


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

”Great idea Kit,” Iskender bellows while discretely nudging Kit in the right direction, and whispers to him, ”they go thataway.”


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

Thanks! Kit whispers back.


M Dakkar 1/Barbarian (Wild Rager, Unchained) 4 MT 1 hp 80/80, AC 19 | Rage 10/13 | Fort+10 Ref+6 Will+5 | Perception+9 | MP: 4/5

"Yeah, we should follow if we can. Of course, if this thing can fly, it won't necessarily leave tracks for very long"


Male Shapeshifting Griffon Technomancer 20 | LP Maps

Sorry, for some reason I thought I was waiting on you guys

There are a great number of tracks going in and out of the gully. If you had to guess, the creature's lair must be in this area, based on how often it's here.

How are you approaching this area? Stealthily? Charging in screaming?


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

I doubt that we'd be too successful at stealth, really. Thoughts?


M Dakkar 1/Barbarian (Wild Rager, Unchained) 4 MT 1 hp 80/80, AC 19 | Rage 10/13 | Fort+10 Ref+6 Will+5 | Perception+9 | MP: 4/5

Dakkar will probably attempt stealth, but will inevitably default to charging and roaring at some point.


Male Human Ranger 5/Champion 1 (HP 70/70 AC:18 T:10 F:18 Saves F:+6 R:+5 W:+2 CMB:+8 CMD:20 Init:+1 Perc: +9 Survival +9)

We can try stealth until we fail miserably then go charging in screaming!

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Oh look! Kit trips over a rock-loudly!


Male Varisian Bard 5 (AC: 19[T: 12 FF: 17] (+4 vs AOO) | HP: 44/44(0NL) | F+1*, R+6*, W+4* | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Iskender gives Kit a disapproving look because of all the noise he is making! "Shhhhh!"

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,011 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Papa.DRB - Legendary Planet - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.