DM Khel's Core Frostfur Captives (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


1 to 50 of 216 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

| DM | Absalom Initiation

A place for your dots.

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

"I'm afraid I have been called away to another mission," Friar Huck informs you. "I have called in one my distant relations to replace me though, so never fear! He's a good chap, a bit odd perhaps but reliable. Lives out among the dunes of Osirion, as I understand it, and fashions himself as some forgotten Pharaoh of the halflings. Harmless play I think, don't let it put you off." With that, the good friar shakes you hands and takes his leave.

---

Moments later the halfling friar is replaced by another halfling; although this one's skin is sun- and wind-burnt due to his life in the harsh Osirion desert, you can still make out the family resemblance. As you were warned though, he is quite eccentric, starting with his outfit which resembles that of an ancient Pharaoh including an adorned skirt, no shirt, golden armbands and bracers, and a headdress featuring an asp just above his forehead. He holds a flail reminiscent of the ancient pharaohs.

"Greetings! You are graced by the presence of the Godking of the Halflings himself, Pharaoh Hakotep Flaxseed!" the halfling announces.

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

Sobestian sits quietly, humming a tune, while writing in a journal. When Pharaoh Hakotep enters, he pauses and looks up. Waving, he smiles a lopsided grin. "Well met. I am Sobestian Opparason III from Taldor. I've neveret a god king before. This must be an important mission!"

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

EndlessForms? More like EndlessHalflings!

Rokdor raises one eyebrow and grunts, clearly unimpressed. "A noble, huh? Well, you may be one among your own people, but don't think you can go around making demands and prohibiting exports around here, or I'll dump you in a very deep hole and be sure to feed you regularly so that you don't get replaced." Her warning delivered, the dwarf gives a satisfied nod. "I'm Rokdor Goblinbreaker, former Hammerer of Fortress Bronzemurdered."

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

"There are no godkings," Oldmar says bluntly, looking up from a journal as well. "We're all just folk, you know."

"Oldmar." He goes back to writing.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Having bid goodbye to Huck, the newly confirmed Pathfinders return to their various lodgings for a well-deserved, if brief, rest. Arriving freshly scrubbed at the Grand Lodge the following morning, they’re escorted directly to Ambrus Valsin’s office, where they’re promptly asked to wait outside the door. Although slightly annoying, this gives Rokdor, Sobestian and Oldmar an opportunity to welcome Hakotep to the group, each in his or her own inimitable way.

Once Rokdor has provided adequate description of the feeding schedule the half-pint Godking will be on when he’s in his deep hole, the Venture-Captain’s door opens and a harried-looking half-elf, dressed in grey robes and with one malformed hand, rushes out. Through the open door, Valsin waves the party inside.

“Close the door,” Ambrus Valsin murmurs as the team gathers in his office. “Let me start by saying, this mission is not for dissemination among other members of the Society.” The chamberlain of the Grand Lodge gives everyone a serious look in turn before continuing. ”This mission is not an investigation, just a simple, straightforward assignment, but that makes it no less important.”

“I need you to book passage to the Lands of the Linnorm Kings, and cross over into Irrisen. You’re to head north and rendezvous with another team who have captured some—”
Valsin pauses for a heartbeat before continuing. “—persons of interest. We have reason to believe that these individuals have information on the Shadow Lodge cells that are refusing
to reconcile with the Society under Grandmaster Torch’s leadership.”

Valsin’s expression becomes particularly grim at that point. “If these rogue cells are outright refusing amnesty, then they represent a clear threat to all of us. I need you to take charge of these captives and get them out of Irrisen safely and quietly. Once you’re clear of Irrisen, a larger extraction team will take custody of them and bring them in for questioning. Of course, we will cover the expense of your travel in full, and provide maps to lead you to the meeting point in Irrisen. Because of the nature of the mission and Irrisen itself, you’ll be meeting the other team in the field, away from what passes for civilization up there. The team you’ll be getting the prisoners from will show you the best route out of Irrisen, and the castellan of Trollheim has agreed to grant you passage through his lands. It’s a three and a half day journey from your rendezvous point to the extraction point outside Trollheim, but the extraction team will remain in place for an additional day in case you’re delayed. You are responsible for avoiding unexpected trouble between the handoff and Trollheim.”

Valsin gestures for the team to depart, but pauses, staring at his fireplace for a moment before adding, “Wait. You need to know this. Your prisoners will be goblins. The Shadow Lodge separatists made extensive use of the sadistic creatures as soldiers and servants, and as much as you may want to throttle them, please remember that we need them alive.” Then, with a final nod for luck, the venture-captain dismisses the group.

Knowledge (local), DC15:
Goblins are insane and sadistic. They have a strong hatred of dogs and a fear of horses, both rivaled only by their unnatural love of fire and destruction.

Knowledge (local), DC20:
Making the journey in 3-1/2 days doesn’t allow for much time for hunting, unless the party uses the extra day allowed by the extraction team. Provisions for the journey goblins will be provided, but they’ll need supervision. Goblins have fast metabolisms and find hunger painful. If they’re not watched, they’ll eat their rations all at once.

Knowledge (local), DC25:
Tying the goblins up and forcing them to march will be problematic. They’ll continually complain, and will stumble and fall on purpose, slowing the rate of travel.

Knowledge (geography), DC15:
The party will be crossing a disputed border between two warring countries—Irrisen and the Lands of the Linnorm Kings. Getting too close to the actual border before you’re ready to cross will invite trouble. There is no easy way to cross the Iceflow River, which forms the border between the nations north of the mighty Rimeflow River, without attracting unwanted attention from Ulfen defenders who may not look kindly on goblins passing through their lands.

Knowledge (geography), DC20:
It is eternally winter in Irrisen, and a lot of food is imported. There are no crops or easily obtained foodstuffs except those gained through fishing and some hunting of migratory animals.

Knowledge (geography), DC25:
Snow goblins are citizens in Irrisen. This is definitely true in Whitethrone, but one might expect them to have some degree of social rank everywhere else.

Any questions for the VC?

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2
Oldmar Lucridious wrote:

"There are no godkings," Oldmar says bluntly, looking up from a journal as well. "We're all just folk, you know."

"Oldmar." He goes back to writing.

"I am a symbol, Master Oldmar. Halfling slaves toil away in Cheliax, in nearly every corner of this world. And if it helps them sleep at night or gives them hope, then I am the Godking of the Halflings!"

---

"Goblins!" Hakotep spits the word as if it were a curse. "Irrisen is cold, is it not? I am not equipped for such an adventure in the far north. I will need to make some purchases."

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Rokdor grunts. "Much's I always hated goblin duty, can't deny the dirty scum are best alive for squad training. They'll at least be caged and disarmed, right?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Valsin gives Hakotep a patient look, responding, ”Yes, Irrisen is cold. It is governed by ice witches and has enjoyed a never-ending winter for more than a thousand years. So, yes, cold.” Turning to Rokdor, he says, ”I’m sure they’ll be disarmed, but as to caged, I couldn’t say. You’re going to have to escort them some distance in the wilds of Irrisen, where there are no roads or even dirt tracks to speak of – so a cage would be very difficult to transport. I’m sure your contact in Irrisen – her name’s Ragna Lightfoot, by the way – will have done her best to arrange things.”

Any questions for Valsin about the mission? If not, Sobe (the only one with ranks in the relevant Knowledge skills) can make his checks as we go.

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

KN: local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
KN: geography: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Sobe thinks about anything about he might have read that would pertain to the mission, but comes up empty. "Oh dear, I know absolutely nothing of the region. Do you have any advice for us?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

”Advice for you?” Valsin asks, “Well, try to keep as many of the goblins alive as possible, we need to be able to compare and contrast their stories. That means at least two, and more is better. And I probably don’t need to tell you that by our standards, goblins are insane and sadistic. They hate dogs and fear horses, and have an unnatural love of fire and destruction.” On that cheery note, Ambrus Valsin hands over a small packet of maps and bids everyone a good journey.

The party’s journey from Absalom to northwest Irrisen is long but uneventful. Following the maps provided by the Society, the party arrives at the rendezvous point and is stopped by a red-bearded Ulfen man, who steps out silently from behind a tall pine tree and says, ”Halt, state your business!” Though he appears quite calm, he holds his bow with a practiced hand and clearly expects an answer. On learning that the party is from the Society, and is looking for Ragna Lightfoot, he sets his bow to his shoulder and says curtly, ”This way.”

After a few dozen paces, he leads the party to a camp in the process of being broken down, and points out Ragna. It appears that Ragna’s team consists of about a half-dozen Ulfens, all clearly quite accustomed to the out of doors, who are taking down their shelters in preparation to move camp. Ragna herself is a blond Ulfen woman of average height, her cheeks reddened by the cold. As she approaches, her eyes instinctively scan the woods around her, and she says directly, ”You’re sent by the Society to escort my captives, I’m guessing? About time you got here. I’ve had a bellyful of these damned gobbers, can’t wait to get ‘em off my hands. Come with me, they’re all yours.”

She leads the way to the last remaining shelter, this one made of stouter branches tightly woven together with a heavy tarp thrown over it, the whole thing dug into the ground. Standing by this primitive cage is one of Ragna’s men, who throws back the tarp to reveal four goblins inside. ”Never thought I’d ever know a goblin’s name, but I’ve learned all four of these little monsters’ names, trying to keep ‘em in line.” She points out Mikrik, Bateer, Shankerol and Griggrigwin as they snarl and kick at the wooden bars of their prison. ”We’re cooooold!” Mikrik cries out in a whining tone, ”We need a fire!” Shankerol agrees in a quieter, creepier voice, ”Yes, a fire would be lovely…”

Ragna rolls her eyes, then turns her attention to the party again. She draws a folded parchment from her belt and says, ”This map and instructions will get you to Harvest’s End – it’s a tiny little place, but has more comforts than my crew and I have enjoyed in some time. In any case, it’s where you should have the easiest time crossing the Rimeflow River. I can provide four days’ worth of rations for each of you, as well as for each prisoner.” She nods to the man by the cage, who unlocks a chain holding part of the structure closed, and the goblins scramble out. They look around as if eager to make their escape, then drop their shoulders dejectedly as they realize there is nowhere to run to for many miles, and that they would surely freeze to death if they attempted it, if they weren’t killed and eaten by some fell beast stalking the wilds of Irrisen.

Ragna, on the other hand, seems to have a spring in her step once she’s handed over the goblins. Her face splits into a grin and she nods cordially at the party, then moves off to help with breaking down the last of the shelters.

If anyone bought cold weather gear or other relevant equipment before leaving Absalom, please say so.

Map and instructions, as wells as the goblin pics, are linked on the campaign info tab for future reference.

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Dorfs don't need no cold weather gear! I mean... well... I guess I could pick up a cold-weather outfit for 8gp...

Rokdor hefts her hammer, eying the goblins measuringly. After a few seconds she nods and spits out, "Ymm nekrd, oy faa clrhunkmasunvahc, mecdah rana. Oui'na kuhhy lusa fedr ic yht hud dno yhodrehk vihho, kud ed? Oui dno cusadrehk — YHODREHK — dryd E tuh'd mega yht E femm syga oui nayt dra fruma Abel uv ir... Duk... UID MUIT, oui kud dryd?"

Goblin:
"All right, you little [untranslatable]s, listen here. You're gonna come with us and not try anything funny, got it? You try something — ANYTHING — that I don't like and I will make you read the whole Epic of uh... Tog... OUT LOUD, you got that?"

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1
GM wrote:
If anyone bought cold weather gear or other relevant equipment before leaving Absalom, please say so.

Only if it was advised.

Sobestian smiles and waves at Ragna, listening to her. Peering at the goblins sidelong, Sobestian suppresses a shudder. "Oh dear, they're so.....goblin-ly." He turns back to Ragna. "Have you had any trouble with them, er, I mean...have they been well-behaved?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Care to try some sort of social skill roll with that speech, Rokdor?

The goblins all laugh when Rokdor speaks the goblin tongue at them. They clearly understand her, but find it hilarious somehow. "Where'd you learn goblin talk, dorf?" cries out Griggrigwin when she's caught her breath. "You don't talk it like a Frostfur talks it!" Indeed, though her meaning is clear, the goblin's accent is markedly different from what Rokdor was taught.

In reply to Sobestian's question about the goblins' behavior, Ragna says nothing, but she gives him a look that speaks volumes: Have the goblins been well-behaved? Gods, I hope you're up for this mission.

Sobestian - I would count Valsin's warning about the cold as 'advised,' and the Godking's comment as well - so if Sobe needs to be told to buy cold weather gear, you can consider him told.

All - going to give Oldmar and Hakotep a little more time to post before I advance the story.

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

Hakotep spent some time learning the goblin tongue before coming on this mission. He lectures them in Goblin, "You will have no fire! When we make a fire to cook food and keep warm at night, you are not to approach, do you understand?"

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

... what's a social roll? *innocent face*

Take Your Pick: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

Sorry all, super busy week at work. I haven't had a chance to do a thorough purchasing so I'll just pick up a wand of CLW with PP, some cold weather gear, and a new jar of acid.

"Hmm, so we've got one, two, three, four... five, six goblins to transport!" Oldmar jokes. "Sobestian, looks like we've got our hands full! We'd best get going."


| DM | Absalom Initiation

No problem, Oldmar, thanks for the quick check-in and goblin count. ;)

The goblins don’t seem to have gained a great deal of respect for Rokdor in their exchange, but when they’re told to get moving, they recognize they’re overmatched and begin the journey. Ragna’s directions and map are clear enough that there’s no difficulty in following them as the party starts out. The valley floor is fairly level for some time, then begins to slope up into the hills.

As the trail gets steeper, Mikrik begins to complain of the effort, whining loudly, ”Too steep! Longshanks walk up hill easy, Frostfurs better at walking downhill! Need food to be strong and walk uphill! So huuuungry!” Bateer turns and bashes Mikrik on the head, shouting, ”Shut up! You make me angry! Shut up! You make me angry!”

Griggrigwin rolls her eyes and says, ”Everything make you angry, Bateer! You like a bee buzzin’ round a flower, but angry!” She looks at Oldmar and nods sagely, as if to demonstrate her intellectual superiority over her fellow goblins, thought it’s not at all clear what she means. Shankerol pays the other goblins no heed, his eyes scanning the surrounding terrain for something.

Soon, a narrow pass winds its way through the steep, icy hills, the frigid wind periodically dusting all in its path with a layer of snow. At the high point of the pass, two ancient stone watchtowers stand on either side of the path between two nearly vertical bluffs rising thirty feet to either side, just as Lightfoot’s map indicated they would. The eighty-foot-wide path narrows to a mere twenty-five feet in width between the two fifty-foot towers.

Ragna’s written directions describe these towers as abandoned, but everyone but Rokdor notices something odd – the snow on the battlements at the top of each tower has been knocked off, but only on the part of the battlements facing the path. Shankerol notes this as well, and points it out, ”Someone been up there.”

DM Screen:

Perception, Hakotep: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Perception, Oldmar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Perception, Rokdor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Perception, Sobestian: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Map is linked above.

Anyone who’d like to try a social skill check to make the goblins like you just a wee bit more, go ahead. We can assume it happen while you were traveling.

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Does that include Rokdorf?


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Not at the moment. Let's let the others give it a go, eh?

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

You're just dorfist.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

I am more than just my dorfism!

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

Oldmar has been fairly quiet on this trip, a number of thoughts cycling through his head. He's supposed to be a Pathfinder now, but this doesn't feel so different from his previous expeditions to northern Avistan. Then again, he didn't have to transport goblins around then, and this couldn't exactly be called pleasant.

No social skills to offer. :P

Here at the pass, Oldmar gazes into the distant towers. "Indeed. Perhaps we can go around?"

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

"Goblins!" Hakotep addresses the group as a whole in their own language. "We have food and we can give you some tonight when we rest. If you are good. But we must travel a bit further first."

Diplomacy to improve attitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Being equal in stature seems to help Hakotep in addressing the goblins. "Now, we'll need you to stay quiet and help us as we get past these towers. If it's someone who tries to stop us or fight us, you may help by hurting them in any way you can. Deal?"

Diplomacy request: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

I missed the part where Valsin mentioned the cold. In that case, since Sobe hasn't spent any money, he'll go for furs and cold weather gear.

Sobe struts a little in his new gear, trying to take in his reflection when he has the opportunity. Once the party is underway, he curiousity gets the better of him, and he begins speaking with the goblins. "Do you like stories? I love stories. Do goblins have stories? Could you tell me some? We could swap tales!" He says, getting excited.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

When the party approaches the tower, Sobe squints at the towers. "I think we should take the godking's advice. He is a godking after all...."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


| DM | Absalom Initiation

All of the goblins grin widely at Hakotep’s offer, though Shankerol’s grin spreads more slowly, and is accompanied by a dark, quiet laugh. Bateer, his ears flapping wildly as he leaps in excitement, responds, ”We get to bash? I can help with dat!”

Mikrik eyes the towers in the distance, a pathetic look on his face, and says, ”We got to go up them towers? But they so tall! And me so hungry! But gokking - whatever he called - promise food, so me go, help hurt.” Griggrigwin nods at Hakotep’s request, then asks, ”You give us weapons? Better for hurting!” With a sly look, she adds, ”And later need knife to eat food.”

Ninja'd on the story request, we'll work that in later.

Goblins are on board, what's your plan?

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Hakotep picked up cold weather gear and furs too. He had a few coins left.

"So do we storm in or sneak around? I'm for the storming in, especially if the priso...er, goblins are willing to help."

Hakotep will give his dagger to one of the goblins as long as they promise to give it back after we've passed the towers.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

Oldmar would clearly rather go around--this is unfriendly territory, after all--but he stifles his opinion and grumbles an assent. "If we must..."

He readies shield and axe.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Oldmar eyes the steep sides of the mountain pass and decides there’s no easy way to go around the towers. At Hakotep’s urging, the party moves forward, hoping to pass this place unscathed. Alas, that does not seem to be their fate, as a volley of arrows flies from each tower!

DM Screen:

Perception, Hakotep: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Perception, Oldmar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perception, Rokdor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Perception, Sobestian: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Stealth, Green: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Stealth, Blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Stealth, Red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Stealth, Orange: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Initiative, Hakotep: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative, Oldmar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative, Rokdor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Initiative, Sobestian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Initiative, Bad guys: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Initiative, Bad girl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 vs. Oldmar’s FF AC
Bow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 vs. Oldmar’s FF AC
Bow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Bow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 vs. Rokdor’s FF AC
Bow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Initiative:
Hakotep
Rokdor

Bad Girl
Sobestian
Bad Guys
Oldmar

Bold is up!

Hakotep - which goblin did you give a dagger to: the whiny one, the angry one, the creepy one, or the 'smart' one? Anyone else who’d like to arm a goblin, let me know.

Rokdor - how do you have a FF AC of 14? I don't see any armor on your alias. Does that include mage armor?

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

I believe it does include mage armor.

Rokdor will NOT be arming the prisoners.

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

The one that was leader-ish; smart one I guess?

Hakotep begins casting a spell beneath his breath which sounds more like singing a lullaby than casting an actual spell.

Sleep: 1 round casting time.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Hakotep - which tower are you targeting?

Rokdor - you haz an action?

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

HP: 6/9 -- AC was set from last game, and I hadn't said I was casting mage armor this game.

Rokdor speaks a dwarven word of power, then holds her hammer up defensively and strides toward the towers. Cast mage armor & move(d) 20' forward.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

You could cast it now. From a meta-standpoint, this is a multi-day journey, so saving up spells will not be necessary. And you make an awfully tempting target out in the lead like that...retcon allowed if you'd like it.

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

Well, it's either total defense (+4 AC) or mage armor (+4 AC)... alright, fine. I'll edit.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

In the eastern tower (top one on the map), the party can see a lit torch held up high, then dropped out of sight behind the battlements. Almost right away, a wisp of black smoke begins to waft its way upward, tossed about by the wind. A moment later, a shower of bolts and arrows flies at the party from the towers!

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 at Target: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Rokdor
Crossbow damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 at Target: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Oldmar
Shortbow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 at Target: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Rokdor
Shortbow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 at Target: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Oldmar
Shortbow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Initiative:
Hakotep
Rokdor

Bad Girl
Bad Guys
Sobestian
Oldmar

Bold is up! (Initiative rearranged slightly to facilitate posting)

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2
DM Khel wrote:

Hakotep - which tower are you targeting?

You don't have to target until the spell is finished so I was waiting in case one of them drops before Hakotep goes again.

Hakotep's spell finishes, his lullaby wafting over the wind towards the northern goblins.

DC 15 Will save or fall asleep for 1 minute. Can hit up to 4 HD of creatures.

Hakotep then pulls out a scroll of magic missile and sends it flying at one of the goblins. One of the northern ones if they didn't fall asleep; if they both fall asleep, then aim it at red.

force: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

"Oh dear! They're shooting at us! Which way should we go?"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

At Sobestian’s question, Bateer cries out, ”We go straight at ‘em! We smash towers down!” With a bare-toothed snarl at Griggrigwin, he says, ”Me want knife to smash wif!”

Bateer then rushes forward, the other goblins charging right behind him.

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

HP: 3/9

Rokdor grunts in pain as another bolt hits her. Taking a moment to glare up at the tower, she continues forward, her hammer held up in a defensive posture. Total defense, move(d) 20' forward.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

Oldmar groans a bit as three arrows thud into him, but looking only slightly worse for wear he hustles toward the smoking tower. Double move.

Also not giving the goblins anything to play with.

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

Seeing Rokdor heavily injured, Sobestion moves forward, flexing his wrist and producing a wand. "Oh dead, Rokdor, hold still and let me see to those wounds!"

Double move.


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Oldmar – I moved your token slightly so you’d be by the door, which I assume is where you’re headed.

Will save, DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Will save, DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 1

The party hears the clatter of a bow bouncing off the roof of the eastern when Hakotep’s spell goes off, but another shower of arrows comes raining down from the west tower! Fortunately, every shot misses. At the same time, a small flask is dropped toward Oldmar from the battlements above his head. Fortune continues to smile on the Pathfinders, as the flask crashes to the ground next to the dwarf and bursts into flames!

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Miss – Oldmar takes 1 point of splash damage.
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Target: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Shortbow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Target: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Shortbow damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Having reached the door, Oldmar can see that it is not nearly so well-built as the ancient tower – the door is flimsy goblin construction and would likely not be difficult to shoulder through or hack to pieces.

Initiative:
Hakotep
Rokdor

Bad Girl (2)
Bad Guys
Sobestian
Oldmar
Frostfur goblins

Bold may act.

Grand Lodge

Dwarf Historian 1 | HP 12*/20 | AC 18* FF 16* Tch 10* | CMD 17* | F+8* R+2 W+3* | Perc +5 | Init +2
Per Diem:
0/8

For some reason I assumed the door would be in the back. :)

Oldmar shouts up at those in the tower. "Waylaying innocent travelers! Have you no respect?!"

He smashes into the door and, when it doesn't give way, remembers that he's holding an axe.

Str Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Next Round:
Waraxe @ Door: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

"Oh dead", eh? Let's hope not!

Rokdor glances behind and taps her foot impatiently. Just a filler post; Sobestian goes before her anyway. :)

Silver Crusade

Halfling Pharoah 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | CMD 10 | Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +3 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +2

Hakotep begins chanting the same lullaby.

Start casting sleep again.

Sovereign Court

AC15/T12/FF13/CMD12||HP10[10]F:+3;R:+4;W:+4|Init:+2|Perc:+10 Half-elf Bard 1

Sobestian taps Rodkor with the wand, then moves toward the tower.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"That should help a little. Let's find some cover!"


| DM | Absalom Initiation

The goblins swarm forward, Bateer nearly foaming at the mouth in his eagerness to smash the door down and get at whoever has attacked them. Mikrik paws through the snowdrift at the base of the tower next to Oldmar, whining, ”Dwarf got to see fire boom up close, dwarf get to smash door, dwarf having all the fun…”

Rokdor to finish the round!

The Exchange

F Dwarf Wizard 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 15 Tch 11 FF 14 | Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +4 | CMD 14 | Init +1 | Perc +2, darkvision | Effects: mage armor ]

HP: 9/9

Rokdor nods once, hurrying forward to assist with the door.

Dorf SMASH (with Hammer): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


| DM | Absalom Initiation

Oldmar and Rokdor give the door a pair of mighty smashing blows. It is badly damaged, but there are still enough boards hanging in the frame that it is impassable. To the relief of our intrepid adventurers, no more arrows rain down upon them. In fact, things have gone surprisingly quiet…

From his vantage point some distance away from the towers, Hakotep no longer sees any movement amongst the battlements. He does see, however, that the plume of black smoke from the eastern tower has grown thicker and is lasting longer as it rises, before being whipped away by the wind.

DM screen:

Green: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
Red: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Orange: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Initiative:
Hakotep
Rokdor

Bad Girl (3)
Bad Guys
Sobestian
Oldmar
Frostfur goblins

Pathfinders are go!

1 to 50 of 216 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Core Frostfur Captives All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.