GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 4: Under the Gold Goblin

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Toilday, 23nd of Calistril, 4709


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,473 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

I've moved Cameron close enough to strike next round, hopefully he had enough movement to do that.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 16/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Lol! Sorry about that. It never occurred to me that she had the only light source. :P


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

After Sarai alerts the others to the threat the group rushes in after the creature, with Thyra and Cameron leading the charge. Nessa follows behind once the others move up and as soon as she sees the undead she casts a spell to blast it with more of her missiles of force. Hedran comes in and recognizes the creature for what it is, telling the others a little too late as they have closed in with it.

The wight attacks Thyra as it tries to beat her into submission.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

It narrowly misses her in its attempt, its red eyes glaring at her with hatred.

Sarai moves back into the room and fires another arrow but with all her companions in the way and the cramped quarters she can't find a good opening and pulls her shot causing her to miss.

Round 2
>
Sarai/Cameron/Thyra/Nessa/Hedran, Enemy


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Did my Acid Splash hit him Dak?

With the room very crowded, Hedran launches another magical attack at the creature, and retreats to guard their rear.

Acid Splash vs Touch: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 - 4 = -2
Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Roll20 position updated.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 16/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Hearing Hedran's warning, Thyra delves into her own knowledge to find any known weaknesses that Wights may possess. At the same time, she swings her hammer, trying to keep the creature at bay.

Knowledge (religion) w/ Monster Lore: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

My bad, yes it did.

Thyra:
Other than what Hedran mentioned you know more powerful magic like raise dead or similar spells if cast on a wight will destroy it. Also, like most undead it can be harmed by positive energy.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai fires again. This time, her shot is better aimed, but she still has to thread a needle with her companions in the way.

mwk shortbow (point blank shot, fire into melee): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

Cameron stiffened when he saw the undead this was serious, Thura needed all the help she could get! He reached out and lightly touched her shoulder, whispering, "Luck be with you!"

Using Bit of Luck (1/5 used) on her which might be important if she needs to make a save.

Bit of Luck (Sp):
You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, giving it a bit of luck. For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Bit of luck (reroll) for Thyra's hammer attack.: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Cameron grants Thyra a minor blessing from his god giving her luck in the battle ahead. Luckily for Thyra this little bit of luck was just enough to help her land her blow on the undead. Nessa decides not to waster her spells with she sees Thyra land a solid blow and instead lobs some magically conjured acid at the wight.

RT Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

With everyone in the way and the thing already engaged with Thyra though she can't find a good opening and ends up missing. Hedran attempts the same thing but meets similar results to Nessa.

The wight, while injured is unconcerned for its wounds and does all it can to try and slaughter Thyra.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

It tries to slam her with its fists but after the previous blow from the hammer it can't raise its arms the right way causing it to miss Thyra completely.

Round 3
> Sarai/Cameron/Thyra/Nessa/Hedran, Enemy

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

I didn't see whether my last attack hit it--did my arrow hit?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

You are ahead a round, so I am just waiting to summarize with everyone else. :)

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Doh! Sorry about that! XD


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Deciding to save some of her missiles for now Nessa conjured an orb of acid and sent it flying at the wight.
acid splash: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 121d4 ⇒ 4


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 16/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Thyra nods in thanks to Cameron for the help. "This thing is weak against divine energy," she says, as she takes another swing at the wight.

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 = 10


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sarai and Thyra both land solid blows on the undead creature and Nessa manages to finish it off with her glob of conjured acid as it crumbles to the ground and the red light in its eye sockets fades.

Out of combat

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai breathes a sigh of relief as her adrenaline stops pumping.

"That--thing was nasty. I've never seen the dead walking before--just heard of it. Let's see if it had any valuables."

She searches the area thoroughly, and also casts detect magic on the area.

Take 20 perception


M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

"Aye could have sucked the life out of you." replied Cameron with a shiver. After Sari had finished searching Cameron suggested, "I guess we should venture in deeper. Hopefully there's nothing else like that lurking down here!" He said that with a smile he didn't feel, of course there were things lurking down here. He just had to hope they were up to the challenge.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sarai checks the body and finds little of interest other than the partially rusted sword sticking out of the corpses body, having been stuck there and left some time ago. However, looking into the pool with some light she catches something shinning and bringing a light closer reveals a chest in the water whose seams have burst and reveal the glint of gold.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Hedran summons a magical dweomer to detect magical auras, and peers at the water and chest.

Using Detect Magic - any emanations? How deep is the pool Dak?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Hedran does in fact detect a single magical aura from the chest in the water. The water is about 3-4ft deep, so it would be easy enough to wade in about waste deep to retrieve the chest.


M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Upon hearing there's a magic aura, Cameron decides to take a look himself. He whispered a prayer and concentrated. He made something out but wasn't sure what he was looking at.

Glancing at Herran he asked, "Can you tell what sort of enchantment it is?"


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Not sure..." - Hedran concentrates further, to try and understand if the aura is from the chest (perhaps a trap), or from within.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

It seems to be from within.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai looks at the others.

"Hedran, be a dear and grab that chest, will you? I promise to split it with you."


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

"Seeing as the chest has bursted anyway, and you don't even need to take off any armor to go in the pool, I'll leave this one up to you Sarai" - Hedran chuckles - "Seems only logical. And we will give you a share and everything" - he adds with a wink.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Nessa was pleased the whight went down and looked at the thing in disgust as she passed it. "It couldn't be an attractive undead, like a vampire or something could it?' With a sniff she cast one last glob of acid at the remains to melt the head some more and then followed the others.

When they found the chest in the water Nessa looked at it curiously from the safety of the shore. "Don't worry Hedran, if something pulls you under we'll remember you fondly as we kill whatever did it."


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 16/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Thyra wipes the gore from her hammer with a rag from the creature, looking pleased with the result, if also a little disgusted.

Hearing Sarai and Hedran banter about the chest in the water, Thyra sighs and wades into the water. She gives the chest a cursory look for any hazards before she grabs it and pulls it to shore.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Thyra steps into the water and it is chilly and kind of smells of death, but otherwise doesn't run into any ill effects. Not seeing any immediate dangers she grabs a hold of the chest and drags it up to the shore. Inside the rotten chest holds a total of 380 gp, two large rubies worth 500 gp each, an antique gold idol of an ancient Osirion cat-headed goddess worth 1,500 gp, and a crystal wand.

Spellcraft - Wand DC20:
Wand of levitate (9 charges)

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai shakes her head at Hedran.

"Tsk tsk--You made Thyra get all wet. Where's the chivalry in that?" she says with a raised eyebrow.

To Thyra, she says "You are much more willing to do the dirty work than I am, my dear."

Her eyes begin to glitter with greed upon seeing the large trove of treasure.

"Perhaps my best days are not behind me!" she exclaims. "I have simply been in the wrong profession!"

She examines the wand and believes she knows what it is. "This, my friends, will make you fly!"

spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 16/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4
Sarai Shae wrote:
To Thyra, she says "You are much more willing to do the dirty work than I am, my dear."

The inquisitor shrugs her shoulders, but gives the tiefling woman a small smile. "You haven't had to clean up after a dwarven holy day. You'd think that priests would be easy keepers." She chuckles to herself at the thought as she wades out of the water once more.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai laughs elegantly at Thyra's joke as she opens the chest and examines the contents.

She hands the wand to Nessa. "You could put this to good use, could you not?"


M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

Cameron nodded, "She could rain spells down from above." He looked around before adding, "A nice haul but perhaps we should move on?"
GM I can't see the map right now (on my phone) which unexplored directions are open to us?


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

To the north.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 16/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Thyra nods to Cameron. Yes. Let's go as far as we can, for the time being. I'll continue to take up the rear."


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None
Nessa Meretrix wrote:
"Don't worry Hedran, if something pulls you under we'll remember you fondly as we kill whatever did it."

"Likewise Nessa. Likewise..." - Hedran chuckles.

Sarai Shae wrote:

Sarai shakes her head at Hedran.

"Tsk tsk--You made Thyra get all wet. Where's the chivalry in that?" she says with a raised eyebrow.

"Chivalry..? I thought you looked upon us as servants, not knights" - the half-orc grunts.

Good to go ;)


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Listening to what the wand did Nessa was quite intrigued and quickly nodded her agreement, "Yes, that could be, or at the least getting up higher would be nice at times." She reached out and took the wand, sliding it into her pack, and nodded that she was ready to move onward.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

"My days of employing servants are long over," Sarai says wistfully.

"For better or worse, I am one of you now," Sarai says as she pads off to the north.

Scouting protocol, 30' ahead
stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
perception (additional +1 vs. traps): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sarai moves ahead once the loot is gathered up. Ahead this twisting tunnel is thick with hanging stalactites that glitter strangely. They seem to have crystalline veins running through them as well as larger nodes of translucent crystal. A musty, foul stench wafts from the darkened passage beyond.

Just as she starts to enter this passage two of the stalagtites move and expel something that bursts into a bright flash of light.

Sarai DC 11 fort save to avoid being dazzled for Rounds: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Initiatve:

Hedran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Cameron: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Nessa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Sarai: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Thyra: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Enemy1: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Enemy2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Round 1
> Sarai,
Enemy1, Hedran/Thyra/Cameron/Nessa, Enemy2

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai tenses as there is a bright flash of light. It doesn't affect her, but she manages to loose an arrow at one of the stalactites and falls back.

"Company!"

fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

mwk shortbow (point blank shot, sneak attack): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 211d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 42d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sarai manages to cover her eyes just in time to avoid the bright flashes. She takes a shot at one of the creatures, sticking an arrow deep into causing a black ichor to pour out. She the moves back to let the others advance. The uninjured one slowly advances. Sarai and Hedran can no longer see it but it sees Cameron and the others and they clearly see it now. It opens its maw as a ball of light begins to form and it makes a heaving motion as it expels the light and a bolt of electricity streaks toward Cameron.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The bolt of electricity collides with Cameron zapping him.

DC11 Ref to take half

Know. Dungeon DC17:
You recognize these creatures as Darkland Sentinals. They are often used as forward warning measures for more intelligent creatures in the Darklands. They can send out warning flares and bolts of lighting to hinder anyone they do not recognize as an ally of themselves or their masters.

Round 1
Sarai, Enemy1, > Hedran/Thyra/Cameron/Nessa, Enemy2


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 16/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Thyra strides towards the threat, hammer in hand, muttering a prayer of protection over herself on the way, causing the holy symbol on the chain to glow briefly.

Standard Action: Casts Shield of Faith on herself (30 rounds)

Move Action: Move towards the creature.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Darkland Sentinels" - Hedran mutters to the others, stepping forward - "They are often used as forward warning for other, more intelligent creatures in the Darklands - we are definitely on to something" - he adds launching a spell at the creatures - "I should get a weapon with reach like yours" - the half-orc nods at Cameron.

Acid Splash Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 13
Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 3


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Nessa looked up at Sarai's cry of "Company" and the timing couldn't be worse. Just as she looked ahead she caught the full force of the flash of light in her eyes. The sudden brightness overwhelmed her darkvision and sent a stab of pain through her head as she cried, "My eyes!" She quickly stuck one hand out to feel the wall and then turned to out her back to it and leaned against the wall while she rubbed at her eyes.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Nessa, I think the save vs. the lights was only for me. After they used that power, they came and sent a bolt of lightning at Cameron. But I don't think you need to make a save.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Correct, the flash was only for Sarai, one benefit of her scouting ahead.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

...well crap, disregard the last post then.

*Edit: At least I got that four out of the way.


M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

Cameron blinked in surprise as the tunnel ahead briefly lit up and once again as a bolt of lightning came barreling towards him. Some second sight must have warned him, for he was already turning aside as the bolt struck a glancing blow. Even so the pain was sudden and unexpected as every muscle cramped spasmodically and steam rose from his hair.
Reflex DC 11: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Not sure if it's actually within reach, if it is...
Cameron had time to spare Hedran a grin as he ran forwards to meet this strange foe. When he came within range he lunged out hoping to skewer it before it could summon any more lightning!
Longspear: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 20Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 = 10

Looks like Thyra is providing soft cover. I can sense Phalanx Formation in Cameron's future...

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10
Nessa Meretrix wrote:

...well crap, disregard the last post then.

*Edit: At least I got that four out of the way.

You're still up, Nessa


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Since the map matters I won't geta post in until I get home since Rolld20 dosn't work on the PC at work. I leave shortly so expect something in the next hour or so.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Nessa moved up closer to where the newest fight was at and could just see the creatures ahead of her. She chanted, gestured, and a glob of acid lanced out at the nearest one.
Acid Splash: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 4 = 181d3 ⇒ 3

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,473 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.