DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,743 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid nods and smiles gently.

"He's an expert on the history of the area and many other things. He calls himself a 'Sage' or something. If anyone nearby knows anything about the symbol, I bet my Klar it will be him.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili flinches as the man continues to yell. She waits until he's removed from the room. "That was not good. I'm sorry we talked to him." She moves out of the room in time to hear Karmid mention the "Sage". "I'd like to know what this star is yes."


Discord Chat

It's a quick walk over to the home and office of Brodert Quink, the self-described "Sage" of Varisian history who moved to Sandpoint several years ago to study the Old Light, the ancient lighthouse-like structure that overshadows the town. Quink's home is physically located directly next to the Old Light, just down the street of the Sandpoint Garrison, so travel there is a matter of less than a minute.

Once the group emerges from the Garrison, you wait a few minutes for Drasven to return from taking Vinder back home, an excursion that seems to have gone off without any further escalation. The shopkeeper had been silent the entire way, and had left Drasven at his doorstep without saying a word.

Quink responds quickly to a knock on his door, and when told that you have questions about local history, eagerly invites you inside.

The scholar is an older man (late fifties or early sixties) with long grey hair on the sides of his head and nothing on top, and a long grey beard. He is dressed for winter (it's Spring) in several layers of thick clothing, and carries a porcelain cup of tea around with him wherever he goes.

He quickly clears books, loose papers, and several empty and half-empty tea cups off several chairs and a bench for you to sit on, but only manages to clear enough for three other people to comfortably have a seat. The rest of you will have to stand.

Quink ensconces himself in a large overstuffed chair facing the group and asks what part of local history you are interested in. When shown the medallion that Jili is wearing, Quink's eyes grow wide and he asks if he can hold it.

"The seven-pointed star is one of the most common symbols of ancient Thassilon, a kingdom, well, a collection of several kingdoms for most of its history actually, that once was found right where Sandpoint is located now; the star in Thassilonian, the language of that kingdom, is known as a Sihedron and represents the Seven Virtues of Rule."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Virtues of Rule BQ? This sounds more like a religious sect, not a series of kingdoms."

Lore (Shoanti): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"I know you told me the Shoanti are believed to be the human descendants of the common soldiers and warriors of Thassilon. Would one of the Shoanti tribal elders or wisemen know more about this? What bout the wagon-bound Varisian witches and their elders?"


Discord Chat

The scholar nods and smiles at Karmid's comment.

"Yes indeed, Mr. Groundbreaker, it originally comes from the teachings of the goddess Lissala, who is now all but forgotten except for the most dedicated students of Thassilonian history. The elders of both your people, the Shoanti, and those of the wandering Varisians tell stories of this time, but they are now largely myths and contain little true historical facts as they were passed down from generation to generation as part of each culture's oral tradition, each generation elaborating or changing the history to suit their own times."

"My own understanding of Thassilon comes from study of the ruins and very few remaining writings of Thassilon itself, along with my reading of the academic books written by others of my profession. I will tell you as much as I know about the Sihedron Rune."

"The seven virtues of rule were the ideals of wise governance first articulated by Emperor Xin of the ancient realm of Thassilon. They included charity, generosity, humility, kindness, love, temperance, and zeal. Xin believed that the seven virtues were rewards given to righteous and wise rulers. The seven virtues eventually became corrupted under the successors of Emperor Xin, the runelords, and were transformed into the seven vices: greed, lust, pride, gluttony, envy, wrath, and sloth. Both the virtues and the sins of rule are represented by the seven-pointed star of Thassilon, the Sihedron Rune."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro found Quink's information all very interesting, sort of, she supposes. But not terribly practical.

"So what kind of person would know about Sihedrons in the present. It doesn't sound like there would be many who would."

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........
GM BrOp wrote:
Drasven Hammers wrote:

"I'll bring him back. He's needs someone to vent on." Drasven volunteers as he nods to agree with Karmid's assessment.

Drasven will bring him back if allowed and endure the man's ranting to give him some space to vent.

Sheriff Hemlock agrees to release him and surprisingly Vinder agrees to be escorted home by the dwarf.

On the journey to his store, Vinder is remarkably quiet, clearly lost in his thoughts.

"Grieve. Mourn. Remember her at her best." Drasven comforts the man as he leaves him at his doorstep.

"The murderer will be found." he throws his voice back even as he turns to leave.


Discord Chat
Rojava Brishen wrote:

Ro found Quink's information all very interesting, sort of, she supposes. But not terribly practical.

"So what kind of person would know about Sihedrons in the present. It doesn't sound like there would be many who would."

Quink gives Ro a quizzical look.

"What do you mean, the "present"? The Sihedron is a symbol of a bygone area. I am not aware that anyone uses it these days."


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim is spending this time in the back of the group, leaning up against the wall. Listening with his eyes closed.

Perception 25:
You can hear some slight snoring coming from the tired rouge, it's as if he is deeply thinking about this problem and does't want to disturb anyone with his dreams..... thoughts.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Karmid nudges Matrim.

"Wake up."


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

In a lowered voice, Matrim replies to Karmid, "I'm not sleeping... Just resting my eyes.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro glances around at the others, obviously wondering if she should do it. Then she does it.

"You heard about he murders at the sawmill? One of the bodies had a sihedron drawn on it. Probably best you mention that to anyone else."


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar shudders remembering the bodies in the mill. "For someone, it is very important to them in the present."


Discord Chat

Quink shakes his head, quite taken aback by Ro's revelation.

"No, I hadn't heard about any murders. I haven't been out of my house yet today. Who was it that was killed?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Sadly, Karmid will fill in all the details that were available. Including the suspicion that the murderer could be a Ghast. Somthing occurs to him suddenly and he voices it without thinking.

"Since it could be an undead who perpetrated the murders, could it be one from the time of Thassilon? Undead are effectively immortal correct?"


Discord Chat

Quink nods his head. "Yes, that is true, although I have never heard of a ghast or ghoul living that long. Mind you, I am not a specialist when it comes to the undead, but that is my best guess. Even the longest lived-vampires have not lived that long. Remember that Thassilon is not just a few thousand years old, it existed in the time before Earthfall, which was over 10,000 years ago.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili holds on to her necklace. "There is someone who knows about the star. Other than Thisteltop where would we find ruins? Maybe they are living or unliving there and just found the star interesting. They could have made it important in their minds."


Discord Chat

Quink considers Jili's question, then pulls out a map of the region of Varisia and points to a number of places. "There are Thassilonian ruins scattered throughout Varisia. The wizards of Thassilon were incredibly adept at infusing all of their great building works with magic that fortified the stones. That is why these ruins have survived for so long."

"Take a look," he says pointing at the map. "We are here in Sandpoint, but a few days journey to our southwest lies Magnimar, which contains one of the largest Thassilonian artifact, a massive, cycolpean ruined bridge called the Irespan. This bridge heads out into the Varisian Gulf, but ends after a few hundred feet. It is said to have once lead to another ruin called Hollow Mountain on Rivenrake Island far to our notheast."

From Magnimar his finger travels eastward landing on the city of Korvosa.

"Korvosa has a number of ruins. Castle Korvosa, home of the King is built on top of a stepped pyramid that is Thassilonian, and just south of there are the feet of a giant statue depicting some unknown figure."

"Farther north there is Skull's Crossing, a mighty dam thought to be of Thassilonian origin, and just west of there are the Storval Stairs leading up to the Storval Plateau.

"And north of us is the ill-fated town of Riddleport, a home of pirates and thieves. But even a place like that has a ruin: the Cyphergate, a massive arch covered in Thassilonian runes."

Quink is just about to put down the map when he slaps his head.

"Oh, I am such a nitwit, how could I forget? Of course in Sandpoint itself there is a Thassilonian ruin: the Old Light. It's the reason I moved here in the first place. Most people think it was a lighthouse, hence the name, but I suspect it had a military application. I believe it was a bombard that could shoot flame hundreds of feet away."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid had heard Quink's theory before, and still doubted the tall stone tower lit by smoky fire at the top was meant as a weapon of some sort.

"Thank you again my friend. We appreciate your help here."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro doesn't at all think Quink is a killer. But she can't deny it's possible he could know more than he's telling them, especially since what he's told them is full of dead ends so far as the murders are concerned.

She does pay attention to whether he seems to be withholding or misdirecting.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Discord Chat

Ro does not think that Quink does not seem to be misdirecting or withholding, although talk of the murders has upset him a bit.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"Thank you. That's very interesting. I had no idea there were so many ruins around this area." Jili her question answered waits to see if anyone else has something to ask.


Discord Chat

Quink scratches his head as he points to the various points on the map again.

"Well, 'around this area' is a bit of a stretch. Some of the places I mentioned are hundreds of miles away, and some are nearly a thousand miles from each other. Varisia is, and the Thassilonian Empire was, a big place."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Again Karmid nods, and reaches out a hand to shake with the Sage.

"So a dead end then. Unless we find more information that relates, we need to move on. Thank you again Professor. If you think of anything else that could help, please inform the Sheriff's office immediately. You DO know we found some ruins underneath the glass-works recently? The sheriff's office may be keeping that quiet for good reasons."

At that, Karmid winks at the older man, and walks out.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven wanders around town abit as he looks for the others...For peace of mind, he checks on the one they brought back recently.

It might be bad if he's actually escaped.


Discord Chat

Quink's eyes grow wide at Karmid's comment. "What? Ruins underneath the glassworks? No, I had absolutely not heard about that! What did you find? What did you see? Can you take me there?"

----------------------------------------------------

Drasven checks on the prisoner and finds "him" still in his cell.

So where to now?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid laughs as he moves towards the exit.

"Sorry Professor Quink! We have some serious murders to investigate. You will have to talk to the Sheriff's office to know more. Once things settle down, I will try to come back and relay to you everything we have come across."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili waves goodbye. "I think we were going to the sanatorium yes?"


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim pauses in his steps, ”We are just visiting, right? I don’t want to check in.... again.”


Discord Chat

As it is still early in the morning, you get a quick bite to eat before heading out to Habe's Sanitorium; no use going on a long hike on an empty stomach, after all.

The sanitorium is located about 3 miles southeast of Sandpoint on the edge of a limestone upland known as the Ashen Rise. The Rise is not considered a particularly dangerous place by the citizens of Sandpoint, although a flock of unusually aggressive stirges has been encountered there from time to time.

To get there you travel south on the Lost Coast Road out of town until you reach the bridge over Cougar Creek, whereupon you turn eastward until you reach the Mellinstone Farm.

The Mellingstones are an old farming family that have been living here for several generations. Their field hands can be seen at work in the field sowing their spring wheat and rye, and they wave to you as you pass by.

Less than a mile past the Mellingstones is the Goosebrin farm, and from there it is less than a mile to Habe's Sanitorium.

DC 15 Perception or Sense Motive:
The field hands working the Goosebrin farm don't seem as friendly as those of the Mellingstones and don't wave to you.


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Gloom somewhat falls upon Matrim as he travels up the road to the sanitarium. He watches the fields as they pass. Take 10

They don’t look happy.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Unlike the earlier goodfellows, these might be suspicious of us." Drasven remarks.

"Someone among us maybe able to gain some news around here? It maybe possible the murders has not reached their ears."


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

"Or perhaps the murders HAVE reached their ears, and their a little more apprehensive than they might be otherwise." Uldar isn't from the area, so he's not sure of the usual protocol anyway.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Eh, let's find out a guess. It'll break up the monotony anyway."

Ro shouts out to the field workers.

"Oi! How does your day fare? We're coming over for a chat!"

Ro begins walking in their direction.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Sighing at the minor delay, Karmid sits on the side of the road and pulls a bit of grass to chew on as he waits for Ro to finish her questions.

I'm cool. Karmid is just not a talker if he can help it.


Discord Chat

The field hands seem startled that someone is approaching them.

One of them, a woman by the look of it (it's hard to tell immediately at this distance) shouts at Ro: "Hey, we just sowed that bit yesterday, stay out of our field!"

Ro could walk around the edge of the field, but that would take at least five minutes, or she could simply shout at the farmers from where she is standing (about 70 yards/meters away).


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim watches as Ro stumbles to a stop.

GM:
Matrim strains his eyes to see if he can recognize the people working in the field.
Since I stayed here for a bit, there is a chance that I know the people. 10 on perception 19


Discord Chat
Matrim of Shadows wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

Matrim:
No, they do not look familiar to you.

Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili looks surprised that Ro heads toward the field. She follows slowly waiting to see what Ro has to ask.

She's so friendly. I don't know if I can do that."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava rolls her eyes but starts around the long way.

That's SO farmer of them.

"We're coming from Sandpoint, looking to exchange some news" she calls out.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Discord Chat

The farmers don't look particularly happy to see Ro even though she is following their suggestion and not treading through their sown field. Most go back to their work as she makes her way over, but an older man pulls back his broad-brimmed hat and inspects her.

"Oh yeah, Sandpoint, the big city. Been there once when I was a child. Where you folks headin'?"


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar can hardly contain his laugh at the man's 'big city' comment. "Well, for the moment, we were heading up to the sanitorium. But we thought we'd say hello to you lovely people."
diplomacy(aid): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Discord Chat

The farmer seems to think that Uldar paid him a tremendous compliment but can't quite figure out what he was being complimented on, leaving the poor man with a befuddled half-smile on his face.

At the mention of the sanitorium, his face turns sour.

"Oh, THAT place. I'd keep my distance if I were you. Unless you're dropping someone off, that is. Hope it's not the big Shoanti with the earthbreaker, he looks like he wouldn't go quietly, but then again maybe that's why there are so many of you. Just remember to take the hammer off the big guy before you show up at the doctor's door."


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili stays at the edge of the field and lets the bards talk to the farmers. She tips her head when they suggest keeping distance from the sanatorium. I wonder if that's the usual reaction for a farmer or if there's something more to it."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro chuckles at the old farmer's comments. "Karmid over there? He's just being a grump. We're on our way there to talk to a man who was injured in an attack a couple of days back. Three other men with him were killed in an old barn down by Cougar Creek. We're trying to figure out who did it."

"Have you or anyone else seen anything unusual around here recently?"


Discord Chat

The farmers look at one another at Ro's last question, giving each other a worried look.

;"There's talk these days. Of the dead coming back to life. Heard about it, but haven't seen any direct evidence. But if they're talking about it, then it must be true!"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro perks up at the man's mention of undead. She decides to play skeptical though, better to draw him out.

"Who's talking about it? What did they say? That's kinda hard to believe."

Bluff(?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

If Diplomacy is better add +1 to the result.


Discord Chat

"Oh, you know, people. Locals. Farmers. But half the time they don't know a hawk from a hand saw, so maybe you shouldn't put too much stock in what they say."

Ro doesn't think she'll be able to get much more out of the farmer. He seems to have reached the end of his understanding of the matter.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Well we should get back on the road. There's a way to go yet before we're there."

Ro shakes hands with all who are willing.

"Best you stay alert and be careful about going out and about at night I guess. If you do happen to see anything odd, the town guard back in Sandpoint would want to know."

And back to travelling.


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

"That we would. Anything you see is good to report, so that all can be aware." Edgar adds, pretty much as an afterthought. He's glad they pegged Karmid as the crazy one rather than Jiliana.

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,743 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.