DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,743 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2]

If Matrim had to guess, and he does, he would guess they were coin slots. The question is, what type of coin should be placed in the slot?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid looks askance at the slots.

"I don't have much other than some silver with me."


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Matrim looks around at the group he only recently rejoined, None of you have any coins to put in these slots?


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

"I have some coins," Uldar says opening up his belt pouch. "Don't know if any of them will fit. What about some of those coins on the big pile there?"


Discord Chat

Karmid:
As you creep through the dungeons of Thistletop, your mind drifts back to the vivid dream that woke you from your sleep last night. This was not a normal dream, but one imbued with an emotional weight that you've only encountered a handful of times in your life. You generally refer to these types of dreams as "the god speaking" or a "god's dream", as Gozreh himself seems to be communicating to you directly through them.

These dreams always begin the same way. You are standing on the edge of a large, churning ocean at night, with the stars overhead turning in their courses. The waves are crashing against the rocks all around you, and high above you can see the lights of a house on the top of the cliff. The sea and sky seems frought with anticipation, as if something monumental is about to happen.

You walk among the rocks, noticing the many small land and sea animals that inhabit this place, White, luminescent fish dart about the craggy boulders of the shoreline, and phosphorescent crabs scuttle between hiding places as they search for food.

Your momentary reverie is broken by a scream heard from high above you. You look up, just in time to see a body plummeting from the top of the cliff, and landing with a wet crack on the rough rocks below. You hold back your revulsion at this hideous sight, and step closer to investigate, noticing that it is charred and blackened as it if had been terribly burned. Looking up again, you can see that the house above you on the cliff is on fire. Then the dream ends.

What would you like to do?


Discord Chat

Matrim:
As you creep through the dungeons of Thistletop, your mind drifts back to the vivid dream that woke you from your sleep last night. This was not a normal dream, but one imbued with an emotional weight that you've only encountered a handful of times in your life. You generally refer to these types of dreams as "the god speaking" or a "god's dream", as Gozreh himself seems to be communicating to you directly through them.

These dreams always begin the same way. You are standing on the edge of a large, churning ocean at night, with the stars overhead turning in their courses. The waves are crashing against the rocks all around you, and high above you can see the lights of a house on the top of the cliff. The sea and sky seems frought with anticipation, as if something monumental is about to happen.

You walk among the rocks, noticing the many small land and sea animals that inhabit this place, White, luminescent fish dart about the craggy boulders of the shoreline, and phosphorescent crabs scuttle between hiding places as they search for food.

Your momentary reverie is broken by a scream heard from high above you. You look up, just in time to see a body plummeting from the top of the cliff, and landing with a wet crack on the rough rocks below. You hold back your revulsion at this hideous sight, and step closer to investigate, noticing that it is charred and blackened as it if had been terribly burned. Looking up again, you can see that the house above you on the cliff is on fire. Then the dream ends.

What would you like to do?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

@Uldar: Looking at the post a second time I think you and I misread it. I thought it was actually stacks of coins, but I think it's actually a carving of stacks of coins.

Ro digs around and comes up with a couple of silver and gold coins.

"Uh, maybe try silver first?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

GM BrOp:
Aye, there are things I would like to do. Alas, it will be several more levels before I gain Lucid Dreamer. Almost all I would like to do, would be in the dream, cut short by waking. I would try to remember what manner of woodland creatures were there. I would try talking to them. I would like to try and memorize the eyes. I would go ahead and blindfold the child, then try to breastfeed it, wondering if it will be milk or blood or nothing that I provide for it. There is yet so much it could mean...the animals may be in the right, from their instinct. Or they could have kept it safe, by keeping it there until I came. It may be a prison, or metaphor for one, or a chance, a warning or a hint. As so often with dreams, their meaning will only reveal itself in the right moment. Lia would, after waking, not worry about it. Most likely not even sufficient to discuss the dream with Ro if she doesn't bring it up first - she'll simply trust that at the moment she is supposed to understand, she will be able to figure it out.

Lia hazily followed along, still wondering about any number of what-ifs of recent events: "Why Silver? It looks like a lot of Gold Coins. I think it's Gold."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Worried now that it seems that the younglings have not heeded his call, the aged dwarf gingerly makes his way down taking care not to trigger the trap.

"By Abadar, I hope you younglings are fine. It'll be a waste to go this far and be brought down like this."

Drasven makes his way down, his concern for the group and his thoughts on his brief dream occupying his thoughts.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid visibly pales as he remembers his dream suddenly, quickly tapping his chest over his birthmark with his hammer's head at the vividness of it. He mumbles to himself as well.

"Gozreh's will. Show me the path 'Voice-in-Thunder', and accept my body if I die upon the road."


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

Ro inserts one gold coin in each slot causing the pillars to noisily grind down into the floor! As the pillars recede, the illusion fades the gold pillars are actually stone pillars.

The area beyond is quiet, the floor has spiderweb cracks in it indicating that whatever long ago event took place here had an impact on the structure of this lair.

To the north, east, and the south are three sets of double doors.

More of the map is revealed.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

"Good thinking Ro. To the left?" Jili looks impressed that nothing exploded. "The floor looks unsafe."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

GM BroP:
Matrim shakes his head as he remembers the vivid dream. Not able to change anything about the dream itself, Matrim will write down everything that he remembers from the dream to compare it to the others he has had and will have of the same type. In the future, I'll look into dream actions to see what are my other options and what I can do within a dream with Pathfinder.

Matrim nods his head at Ro's suggestions. Lets go. And yes, Jilliana, we should keep our eyes open for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro watches the secret door open. "Things are getting very weird down here."

The particular tone of her voice makes her comment sound both sarcastic and serious. As if this is weird, but really what in the past couple of days hasn't been?

Ro peeks through the new opening cautiously then goes in to give the doors a look.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid stalks with Ro quietly.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

The area is completely silent. The floor it turns out is solid enough to walk on but makes it clear that this dungeon has sustained damage from some sort of natural occurrence. All three sets of double doors are firmly locked as you walk the perimeter, none appear trapped, though the hall before did not appear trapped either! The southern lock appears magical in nature while the others have some give, this one has no give at all.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

By this time the aged dwarf has managed to join the group as they explore the new area.
"What by the golden scales is this? I see you younglings have found yet another hidden area. Is this place secured? Should we expect any further guests to welcome us?"


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar moves around checking out the doors. "Might want to check out the regularly locked doors, but my bet is that the fancy stuff is behind the magically locked door."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia heads towards the southern door, then dramatically speaks:"Open Sesame!"
Waiting a moment, she shrugs:"In a story Talene told, that made the door open. Could have been this door, the real story altered by being told countless times over the centuries. I wanted to try."
With that, she heads to the back of the group again, then holds:"This place was lost, but there is danger here yet. We should be careful." With 3 doors, I think it's a safe bet there is something guarding the place waiting for us...


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid swings an eyebrow upward and points with his large hammer in hand.

"Is the magical door to keep us out, or something in? Nualia was looking for SOMETHING down here...AND she worshiped the Mother of Monsters. Don't ever forget that."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Yeah, there's this 'Malfeshnekor' to consider. Nualia wanted it badly for her attack on Sandpoint, so it's probably no joke. It's down here somewhere."

"Let's each take a door to work on Matrim, but wait to open them one at a time."

Ro goes to the east door and checks for traps. Then she goes to work on the lock.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

The door to this room swings open with ease, no creaks or slowness from age, a well build hinge to be sure, the room contains three low tables, their tops covered with a strange and chilling selection of tools, saws, long-bladed knives, and objects whose purpose is not readily apparent. A strange collection of bones lies near the southern table—too many to be one skeleton, but too few to be two.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Hammer leading the way, Karmid tosses words quietly over his shoulder as he enters.

"Cover me."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

The surgical tools on the tables are exquisitely made, however, what catches Karmid's eye sitting on the easternmost table is an object that, upon closer examination, isn’t a tool at all.

It appears to be a silverand-gold seven-pointed star; one surface is studded with nodules and blades, and the other features a thin, curved handle.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Ro? Matrim? I've got a pretty...tool? Or blade...thingy over here. Wanna check it out?"

Just for the Giggles of using it once at least...

Lore(Shoanti): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

Karmid, you are not sure what it is...


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

what kind of knowledge might help figure out what it is? Right now, I'm thinking pizza cutter or embalming tool


Male Human Fighter (Dragonheir Scion) 5 | HP: 49/49 | AC: 21/T 12/FF 19 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2| CMB: +9 | CMD: 21 | Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5/18-20 | Eldritch Strike

I know what it is from OOC knowledge, I know that either religion or history could be used, depending. Edgar is clueless.


Shadow's Status
Edgar Gidolb wrote:
I know what it is from OOC knowledge, I know that either religion or history could be used, depending. Edgar is clueless.

Correct! Though I will also allow the Rogues to make a Knowledge Dungeoneering check at DC 20. The Religion DC will be 18, the History DC 16.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Religeon I can do!

Know(Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

Karmid, you are sure this is a key!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

While Karmid is looking at the star shaped thing Ro stuffs the tools from the table into her bag. Quality crafting like this doesn't come cheap.

"Fairly sure that's a scepter or maybe a weird hatchet, probably for some nasty ceremony" she comments to Karmid.

Ro also takes a look at the bones to see if she can figure out what they are.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Dagger:
[dice=Dagger]1d20+7[/dice]
2 Daggers:
[dice=2 Daggers]1d20+5[/dice]
damage:
[dice=damage]1d4+6[/dice][dice=sneak attack]2d8[/dice][ooc]-2 on attacks vs me 1d4 rounds
Human Knife Rogue: 4|AC:17|T:13|F:13|F/R/W: +5/+8/+3|HP:40/40|BaB:+3| Init:+6 |Perc:+9|CMB:+4|CMD:18

Lets see if Matrim can make another wild guess. Come on natural 20.

Matrim looks at the start to see if he knows anything about it.
K.Guess.Dungeon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Can't you tell? Its a star. Nothing important.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia stares at the tools and devices on the table with fascinated disgust.
"I...don't think this was a hospital.", she whispers, then speaks without breaking her gaze, "Mister Drasven, are those tools for torturing or for dissecting? Or both?"
Hey, she knows you have a lot(=breadth) of experience. That does not exclude professions such as torturer even if you'd never actively do them - and identifying the tools of a trade should be a basic question for professions.


Knowledge History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Flutter also takes note of the object the Shoanti held up: "It is more than just a Star or Hatchet. It has a purpose beyond that. Isn't that right, Karmid? And I think there was a door we could try..."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Lol you caught me there. Even if i don't go to being a torturer, It helps to just know something.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Profession (torturer/interrogator) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 <---lol

"I'm not exactly sure what those tools could be but perhaps a closer look..." So saying Drasven walks in and takes a good look at the room.....and then the displayed tools.
"This...." he begins.


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

As Drasven gets closer to the table to take a look he believes that these are tools less to torture and more to... ah.. perform surgery. Though surgery of the dark arts not something that would be used for the purposes of healing, more for experimentation.

Ro is quite sure that this poor soul was some sort of two-headed bipedal creature, perhaps human. There may be additional bones here as well whether the bones were from another being or whether this was the skeleton of some sort of mutated creature is not clear. Regardless, the existence of this being came to a most gruesome end if it was alive prior to being brought to this place.

Who wants to grab that key/tool?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid won't touch it once he knows what it is for.


Female half-elf oracle 5 NG (elf, human) Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +9 AC 16, T 12, FF 14 hp 41/41 Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6; +2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion Immune sleep

Jili realizing that she's the least helpful in a fight when the fancy door gets open grabs the key. "If I turn evil or go crazy bring me out of here if can." she mutters as she grabs the nasty looking thing.


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

Jil picks up the key with no ill effects. Which door do you wan to try with it?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Well...." Drasven begins.
"The good news is that tool isn't used for something as crude as torturing. It's used for something that requires far finer precision.......such as Surgery." he adds in the later in a deadpan voice.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Näytä minulle taikuutta."

Ro casts a charm to Detect Magic, wondering if the key might be enchanted.

"We already have a magic lock, so if this is a key...


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

The key radiates transmutation magic Ro.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"...and yes, it is magical... transmutation if that means anything to anyone. I guess we know where to start trying it out."


M Halfling Arrowsong Minstrel(Bard)-4 | HP 30/30 | AC18 F15 T14 | F+3 R+8 W+6(+2 vs fear, +2 vs charm/compul) | CMD15 Spd 20' | Init+3 Percep+10 | Performances 13/14

Uldar was about to suggest trying one of the non-magic doors, but... "If we have a key, we might as well try it, right?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia looks at the key, then at the magically locked door...whispering to herself: "Malfeshnekor..."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro picks up Lia's whisper and pauses. "You think so Lia? Wouldn't the door be warded and such to hold in something like that, or what I think something like that would be like?"

Ro tells everyone "hang on a minute. Let's give the door a closer look first."

Since she has Detect Magic running, Ro applies it to the door, concentrating on finding something specific about its magic.

Perception (Lia's whisper): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

K Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Addressed by Ro, Lia attempts to focus: "Nualia wanted to release him. Release him from where he is trapped. She did not succeed, because she did not find him. Nobody was here, except for him. Until we came. The door is magical. He is there."
Lia approaches the door, putting her flat hand on it.
"Waiting..."

Leaning out of the window with a guess there, but I think Nualia had not found Malfeshnekor so far, it would make sense that he's trapped in a hidden area behind a magically barred door, in a magic circle(or not, if that deteriorated over time). If I guess wrong, we'll call it alternate history - hey, it's at least a valid interpretation.


Shadow's Status

Thistletop

Dungeon Level 2

Ro can see abjuration magic protecting the door and the lock itself.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Then either we leave it alone or we open and vanquish whatever is behind that door." Drasven states.

"Someone else might end up opening that door instead."

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,743 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.