DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire

Game Master John Woodford

Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix

COMBAT MAP


3,101 to 3,150 of 4,617 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Luckily for the party, Nuria is neutral, so the protection from good spell on it doesn't help it against the bard.

Round 3 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Nuria-acted
Snake-nauseated
Kali
Asvald
Serpentfolk
Eva

Nuria's spell takes the snake out of the fight! Kali and Asvald are up.

Dice rolls:
DC 17 Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 39/39; AC:20, T:13, FF:17; Fort:+5 Ref:+10 Will:+6; CMD 16; Init+11; Perc+15; Darkvision;

We prefer the phrase "situationally adaptable"

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Kali waits a moment to see what Asvald will do.

Will post an action after Asvald goes.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 55/84 | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 4/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

The thing is front of Asvald is nauseated but it's still in the way. I'm going to have to kill it.

Asvald chops fiercely at the vomiting snake.

Chop (inspire): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 20

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

If Asvald kills the snake, Kali asks, "Hey big guy, could you help me flank this weirdo?"


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

AIUI, you can't make AoOs when you're nauseated, so Asvald could have just bull rushed the snake.

Round 3 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Senja-acted
Nuria-acted
Snake-nauseated
Kali
Asvald-acted
Serpentfolk
Eva

Asvald hits the snake solidly, but does not quite kill it.

Snake: AC 19 T 15 FF 14 +2 vs. good opponents -20 HP

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Unsure of her odds going to toe to toe with the serpentfolk in the room, Kali uses some of her Ki again to vanish. She then moves invisibly to the other side of the chamber.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Probably wise, Kali.

Round 3 (ongoing; modified):

Initiative order
Snake-nauseated
Kali-acted
Asvald-acted
Serpentfolk-acted
Eva
Senja-
Nuria-

The serpentfolk emits a spitting chuckle, then moves up and tries to stab at Asvald. It misses badly. Eva, you're up! Once you've acted, Senja and Nuria can go.

Dice rolls:
Rapier attack on Asvald, including cover: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 4 = 10

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 24/67* (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 9/13 | Effects: mage armor, 2 Con damage ]

Eva frowns at Asvald. "Here, swap places with me." I believe I can Ready to bull rush the snake when Asvald steps back. He can then proceed with his regular turn (using the rest of his move to move right back into the square he's in now).

DM, let me know if that's not okay.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

That's reasonable.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 24/67* (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 9/13 | Effects: mage armor, 2 Con damage ]

Readied:
Bull Rush (inspire): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 32

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 56 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Not that it seems necessary this round, Eva, but remember your Fortune hex!

Senja grunts in frustration as his hex fails to affect the serpentfolk, then tries something a little more direct. Pausing briefly in his mad laughter, he takes a deep breath and makes a face as if screaming as loudly as possible for someone of his stature, cupping his hands around his mouth as he focuses on the snake blocking the hallway!

Maintain Fortune on Eva, cast ear-piercing scream on the snake, DC 17 Fort save for half damage and avoid being dazed.

Sonic damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3) = 10


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Round 3 (ongoing; modified):

Initiative order
Snake-nauseated
Kali-acted
Asvald-acted
Serpentfolk-acted
Eva-readied
Senja-acted
Nuria-

Senja's spell easily penetrates the snake's resistance. In its wounded state, it can't survive the sonic assault, and falls.

Nuria, and Eva can change her action.

SR check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 56 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja is soooo deadly.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 24/67* (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 9/13 | Effects: mage armor, 2 Con damage ]

Gah, forgot about the Fortune hex! Thanks for the reminder!

Eva smiles as the snake collapses, relaxing her body and instead striding forward and grabbing the other snake-man by the wrist! Grapple. Want me to reroll or use that roll?


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

No, reroll the grapple. It'll get an AoO on you as you advance, though, unless you make your Acrobatics check.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 56 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +9 | Perc +13
DM Carbide wrote:
No, reroll the grapple. It'll get an AoO on you as you advance, though, unless you make your Acrobatics check.

Remember Fortune hex as you make these rolls!

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 24/67* (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 9/13 | Effects: mage armor, 2 Con damage ]

I should have cover from the corner of the room as I advance, no?

Grapple: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 20
Fortunate Grapple: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 29

Edit: if for some reason I don't get cover from the corner of the room, here's Acrobatics.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

It's when you move into the square formerly occupied by the snake that it gets the AoO, since it still threatens the square Asvald is in even though he has cover from it.

The Exchange

HP 39/39; AC:20, T:13, FF:17; Fort:+5 Ref:+10 Will:+6; CMD 16; Init+11; Perc+15; Darkvision;

Nuria does pulls a whip and does her best to try and pull the snake man onto his backside - although she is momentarily distracted by the though of what a serpentfolk's but actually looks like.

trip cmb, cover: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 24/67* (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 9/13 | Effects: mage armor, 2 Con damage ]

Right, it threatens the square, but cover prevents AoOs... "You can't execute an attack of opportunity against an opponent with cover relative to you."


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

You're right--knowing that, I probably would have had him do something different, but c'est la vie.

Nuria is unable to trip up the agile serpentfolk, but with the aid of Senja's hex Eva gets a good hold on it.

Round 4:

Initiative order
Kali-
Asvald-
Serpentfolk-
Eva-
Senja-
Nuria-

Kali and Asvald are up! Kali, another DC 18 Fort save or take another point of STR damage.

Dice rolls:
Potential STR damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 55/84 | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 4/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Heedless of the cleverly positioned serpentfolk Asvald barrels into the room and brings his sword to bear.

Chop (inspire): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 17

Confirming: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15
Extra Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 17

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Fort Save + Antitoxin: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Invisible Kali casts another Snowball spell, hoping that this one hits.

Snowball vs. Grappled target + IC + Invisible - Melee: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 12

Cold Damage + Precision Damage: 5d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2, 2) + 2 + (3, 6) = 20


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Round 4 (ongoing; rearranged):

Initiative order
Serpentfolk-acted
Eva-
Senja-
Nuria-
Kali-
Asvald-

Asvald hits the serpentfolk solidly, but even held the creature's magical defenses and agility allow it to avoid the worst of the blow. It likewise manages to evade Kali's spell. Then it somehow manages to slip out of Eva's grasp despite the monk's skill, stepping back quickly afterwards and shouting, "SANAZ!"

Eva, Senja, and Nuria can act, and then Kali & Asvald.

Dice rolls:
Escape Artist check: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Perception check: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Random roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Serpentfolk: AC 20 T 17 FF 15 -17 HP

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 24/67* (0 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 9/13 | Effects: mage armor, 2 Con damage ]

Eva steps forward and grabs at the serpentman again.

Grapple: 1d20 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 19
Fortunate Grapple: 1d20 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 18

*winces*


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Round 4 (ongoing; rearranged):

Initiative order
Serpentfolk-acted
Eva-acted
Senja-
Nuria-
Kali-
Asvald-

Forewarned, it easily evades Eva's attempt.

I suppose this would be helpful:

Serpentfolk: AC 20 T 17 FF 15 CMD 27 -17 HP

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 56 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Keeping up his wacko laughter, Senja conjures up a shadowy helping hand to bolster Kali in the fight!

Move action to cackle, standard to use Fortune hex on Kali, to help with the poison saves. Sorry I didn't think of that last round, Kali, but at least you made the most recent one. If I can't quite reach Kali, I'll ask Nuria to five foot step forward, so Senja can do the same and be in hex range.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Thanks Senja. I'm good on the poison saves, but I'll take it for attack rolls.

Kali casts Shocking Grasp then moves into melee with the Serpentfolk and attempts to touch him with her electrified fingers. Even with good fortune from Senja, she fails to make contact.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9
Fortune Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Round 4 (ongoing; rearranged):

Initiative order
Serpentfolk-acted
Eva-acted
Senja-acted
Nuria-
Kali-acted
Asvald-

Senja gives Kali some good fortune, but the kitsune is still unable to tag the agile snake. If you hit, Kali, don't forget to roll to penetrate SR.

Nuria and Asvald can act!

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 55/84 | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 4/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Asvald rears back to give the snakeman another solid whack.

Chop (inspire): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 14


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Suggestions for Nuria's action?


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Sorry about not pushing this--with Nuria and Senja mostly afk, it was easy to let slide. Botting Nuria.

The ifrit maintains her inspiring chant and steps into the room behind Eva and Asvald, trying again to trip up the serpentfolk. She does not succeed.

Trip with whip,incl. soft cover penalty: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 4 = 20

Round 5 (ongoing):

Initiative order
Serpentfolk-acted
Eva-
Senja-
Nuria-
Kali-
Asvald-

Wounded and faced with a pair of potent and still-unwounded foes, the serpentfolk withdraws and retreats through a previously hidden door.

Kali, another DC 18 Fort save or take a point of STR damage. If you make this save, you won't have to make any more. Everyone can act!

Dice rolls:
Potential STR damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Serpentfolk: AC 20 T 17 FF 15 CMD 27 -31 HP

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

I already made two saves against this batch of poison, does it require three saves? In fact, I made the first save with a reroll from Eva, so I don't think I even needed to make the second save.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Two consecutive saves.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Yeah, I made two consecutive saves, check the previous page of the thread.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Actually, I forgot to ask you to make a save on Round 3; you saved on Rounds 2 & 4, looks like. Since it was my error I'll give it to you.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 56 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +9 | Will +8 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja continues to cackle and hurries into the room!

Move action to cackle, move action to move.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 55/84 | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 4/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Baffled that his opponent is still standing Asvald gives him another chop.

Chop (inspire): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 20


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Asvald, your immediate target has scarpered. Do you want to follow it through the concealed door, which closed behind it?

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

I'm delaying until someone else goes into through the secret door. Will come out of delay before the enemy acts next, however.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 55/84 | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 4/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Are we aware of the concealed door? If so Asvald will lead the charge.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

You saw the serpentfolk retreat through it. Anyone who wants to go through, make a Perception check vs. DC 20. If you make it, you can open the secret door as a move action; otherwise, it's a full-round action.

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 55/84 | AC 21 Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 4/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Asvald tries to spot the hidden door.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Bah!

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Kali spots the secret door, makes her way over to it, and opens it for the others.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Kali, you can point it out to Asvald without discharging your spell.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Thanks for the reminder, Carbide.

Suddenly remembering her spell, Kali points the door out to Asvald and moves over to it, but does not open it.


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Round 5 (ongoing):

Initiative order
???-acted
Serpentfolk-acted
Eva-
Senja-acted
Nuria-
Kali-
Asvald-acted

Senja hurries up, but isn't able to get through the door. Asvald opens the door at Kali's direction, revealing a huge room. Double doors stand on the south wall. To left and right of those doors are six alcoves, some empty and some with rough bedding on the floor. In the center of the main chamber is the Spire core, shedding its familiar cold green light over what is clearly a temple. A stone serpent winds around the Spire, its head crowned with flame. To the north is a raised altar, and behind it a wall mosaic pulses with green light. The serpentfolk is near the Spire core; there is a narrow gap in the floor around the core.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Kali made a perception check and moved to the door, does she get another round of actions?


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Kali, you can finish your move and take a standard action.

3,101 to 3,150 of 4,617 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire-Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.