DM Brainiac's Iron Gods

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps on Google Slides


2,851 to 2,900 of 2,919 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

Fireday lays into the giant with a flurry of whirling strikes!

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Damage 1: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Attack 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Damage 2: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Attack 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Damage 3: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Attack 4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage 4: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Female Human (Kellid) Human Ranger 7 / Barbarian 1| HP: 85/85 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 16) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40'

Kaska, opting to try out the zero pistol, takes aim with it and pulls the trigger to squeeze off two quick shots. Using Rapid Shot. The zero pistol is semiautomatic.

Ranged Attack (Touch): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Ranged Attack (Touch): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Crit? (Touch): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 = 15

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

There are 2 different staggered effects given for the zero pistol. On the loot sheet it gives DC 25 FORT save or staggered for 1 round. Archives of Nethys gives it as on a critical DC 15 FORT or staggered for a round. The first sounds very powerful, the second very weak, I'm not sure which is correct.


Let's split the difference and say DC 20. Though at this point it doesn't matter for this fight.

Before the giant can react, you Holg and Fireday tear into him while Viv and Kaska blast him! He groans and collapses to the ground!

With the giants defeated, you search their camp. The giant metal wheel they have been using as a cooking spit looks like it might have some use. One of the lean-tos contains a large bag that holds several items of value: a lump of noqual that weighs 25 pounds and is worth 1,250 gp, a +1 animated light wooden shield, and the bottom half of a half-eaten gnome that still wears a pair of boots of striding and springing. A nearby clay jar contains 3 doses of restorative ointment.

In one of the other lean-tos is a dire wolverine hide with a map drawn on it. It is a crude map of Smokewood that indicates the locations of the giant camp, the warden robot, the Choking Towe, and a blade to the east indicated by a large drawing of a butterfly. A corner of the drawing has a short plan of attack: “1. Get metal thing’s weapons; 2. Test weapons on big bug; 3. Use weapons on Technic League; 4. Revenge!”


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Holg comes back to normal once more as the giant falls, he leans himself over his greatsword as he recovers breath "Be this a great prayer to the God of War"

And as the group uncovers the treasure the giants were hiding he looks at Fireday "These are a nice pair of boots! Why don't you have them bro? Or perhaps Kaska"

The Kellid has more problems interpreting the map "What all these marks mean? Is this a plan of attack on the tower? And what might that butterfly be in there? We should go and check what that might be before we head into the tower"


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

"We'dneedto get the boots refitted, Holg," Fireday replies as his spell wears off and brings him back to normal speed. "The shield may actually be useful to me, though. Or to you. We can protect ourselves with it while still using our weapons with both hands!"

When he reads their plan, he sighs.

"It seems they were harmed by the Technic League like we have been...we might have allied with them if they hadn't decided to resort to treachery."


Female Human (Kellid) Human Ranger 7 / Barbarian 1| HP: 85/85 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 16) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40'

Kaska walks over to join the others, looking over the pistol again while frowning in concentration.

"What do you think?" she asks in regard to the pistol. "It doesn't seem so dangerous. A couple of arrows would have done the same, or worse" she notes as she studies the giant's wounds.

"Quick and easy to aim though." Kaska stuffs the pistol into her belt, looking at the map.

She snorts at Fireday's comment about a possible alliance with the giants. "Even if we could have talked them into such a deal it would only have mattered if the Technic League is within less than about an hour away. More and they would have gotten impatient, or hungry, or greedy, and we end up right where we are now anyway."


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Holg shrugs "I guess Kaska is right. The giants would have not hold their word I fear. Besides, you look cool with the pistol. Although there is nothing as crude metal" the Kellid taps his greatsword with a pleasing smile.

"I was surprised by this barrier of the giant. It took much resolve to break it. It was actually more resistant than I have ever seen before" the man seems clueless about what happened.

"The butterfly is the symbol of Desna. Perhaps this sign is a little Shrine to her? If such, that might be a good place to pass the night before entering the Tower, as Desna followers often treat travelers well" Holg turns the map and tries to orientate himself in the forest.
Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Female Android Kineticist 8 | 70/75 HP (0 temp) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +4 | Initiative +5 | Perception +14 | Nanite Revival 1/1 | Nanite Surge 1/1

"I'm just amazed that they were semi-literate."


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

Fireday sighs at Kaska's skepticism.

"You'd be surprised how travelling with allies of circumstance can make friendships and change you. I mean, YOU'VE changed a lot in our time working together, Kaska, as have I...You are probably right, though...they were short-sighted...I suspected they were lying to us about the so-called 'magic sword' from the start. I didn't TRUST them, but I hoped we could make them see sense."

He shakes his head at Holg's words.

"It was COEN'S barrier, Holg. He divided the giants so we could fight them one at a time and more readily prevail. I do agree with your assessment of Coen's power, though."

He turns to Coen.

"Your power and control over your magic grows ever more impressive by the day, friend."


Holg is able to easily follow the map further into the forest, past the site where you fought the robot. The sun has begun to set by the time you reach the location indicated there. The trees and grass of this peaceful glade glow with a faint luminescence. At the north end of the glade is a wide, flat rock covered with colorful lichen.

There is a soft buzzing sound as an enormous colorful moth emerges from a small cave opening beneath the rock. It poses majestically, eyes and wings glowing with luminescence. It waves its antennae, as if gesturing for you to approach.

Knowledge (arcana) DC 19:
This creature is a star monarch, a magical beast that serves as an emissary of the goddess Desna and a guardian of dreamers. It can communicate telepathically with those it touches.


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Casting bull's strength and using pearl of power to recover shield of faith just in case.

K. arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
"What is this? It seems it wants us to approach..." Holg observes the strange being trying to discern its intentions. Seeing the creature is not immediately hostile he shouts back but without approaching further "What are you? What do you want from us?"
Sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


The moth recoils a bit at Holg's harsh tone. Still, it stands its ground, continuing to wave its antennae towards you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Kellid) Human Ranger 7 / Barbarian 1| HP: 85/85 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 16) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40'

Kaska doden't know what exactly she's looking at, but it is quite beautiful. She feels there is something special about the moth. Kaska walks closer to it than the others and says "I am Kaska, Chief of the Red Talons Clan. We found this place on a map. Some giants we killed had made a map and planned to come here to fight with you. We came to see what they wanted to harm, and to find out why."

K Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Holg touches Kaska with guidance as she advances herself "Take care Kaska, we don't know what it is"

The Kellid advances a little, but leaving some meters of privacy between him and Kaska, his sword ready at one hand but with the blade surrendered to the ground.


Female Android Kineticist 8 | 70/75 HP (0 temp) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +4 | Initiative +5 | Perception +14 | Nanite Revival 1/1 | Nanite Surge 1/1

Viv seems curious but wary, like her teammates. She hovers in place, somewhat mirroring the moth as it manages to hover - though of course she can't glow.

"Maybe it wants a lantern."


Kaska does not sense any hostility from the moth. As she gets close, it gently touches its antennae to her shoulder. She can hear the creature speaking in her mind, its voice a pleasant buzz. "Kaska of the Red Talons, I am pleased to meet you. I am Longdreamer, emissary of the goddess Desna. I am a traveler of worlds, but these woods have been my home on Golarion for many, many cenuries. I recently returned from a long trip only to find a foul-smelling tower had been erected in the center of my woods. I am far too large to explore its interior, but I am quite curious, and eager to recruit like-minded souls to help answer my questions about it.

"I tried to communicate with those brutish giants, but they mistook my intentions and attacked. I was forced to drive them off. I am sorry that you had to kill them, but I am sure they left you with no other options.

"You seem more civilized than the giants. Will you lend me your aid?"


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Aha! It's Desna, I told you! Holg is not that dumb after all :D

Holg observes attentively the interchange without understanding. Tension grows but so far he does not try to fight the butterfly "What's it Kaska? Can we help the butterfly somehow?"

"You moth!" the Kellid raises his voice at the strange creatures "What do you know about the Tower?!"


Assuming Kaska translates the conversation to her companions...

"I have not been able to explore the tower's interior, but I do know that there is but one creature within who dreams. It is a particularly violent mind whose dreams are of ravenous carpets of flesh-eating worms feeding upon the body of a man—always the same man—whom the worms know as Furkas Xoud. I have attempted to communicate with the dreaming worms, but the worms’ response has been nothing but hostility—whatever this mind might be, it harbors a deep resentment for all life, but none more than Xoud.

"In exchange for your help, I will offer you my cave as safe place to sleep. I will watch over you while you rest. I can also offer you a fast way to travel. I can carry several of you on my back if you need to reach a distant place in a short amount of time."


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Holg listens while Kaska translates for them what the moth just said "Can you ask her if she knows about an android named Casandalee that shall be with Xoud?"

"Awful. It sounds like Xoud is dead... that probably explains why he did not return to free the elemental..." Holg places his sword on the ground and starts to set himself comfortable "Let's accept the deal. We want to explore the tower anyway, and it will be of help having a secure place to rest. Desna shall protect us here."

"It seems tomorrow will be a tough day... the tower seems a dangerous place" Holg sits and opens his backpack "To taste the marrow, first crack the mammoth's bone" the Kellid brings up a slice of cheese and a piece of bread offering the others to eat something before they rest.


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

Fireday follows and his eyes immediately widen in awe at the sight of the magnificent being.

"Beautiful!" he manages. "So...so beautiful!"

When it becomes clear the great butterfly poses no threat, Fireday bows reverently.

"Greetings to you, O servant of the divine. May your blessings number as the stars in the heavens you fly through! I am Fireday of Castle Ursion, Sword-Knight and Priest of Iomedae the Inheritor."

He then joins Kaska to commune with the creature directly, tears of rapture coming to his eyes.


Female Human (Kellid) Human Ranger 7 / Barbarian 1| HP: 85/85 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 16) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40'

Hearing the moth inside her head shocks Kaska for a moment, but she doesn't for a moment doubt the truthfulness of the magnificent creature. She takes a knee before it and replies "I also know the Lady on the Elk, and I give her my worship."

During the whole time she speaks to the moth she keeps her eyes fixed in it in awe. "You are one of the Lady's servants Longdreamer, sent from the heavens, and I will do as you ask to honor her."

After quickly explaining to the others what Longdreamer has said, she tells the moth the reason for their travel to the Smokewood.

"We have come to this forest already intending to enter the tower. Our goal is to stop the machines that ravage these lands, and the group of people who control them. The tower may hold knowledge that will help us."

Kaska accepts Longdreamer's offer of shelter with gratitude. As far as she is concerned the day's travels are concluded, even if there might be time for something else, she will remain near the moth's presence for the rest of the day.

It seems to Kaska such a special occasion requires more than just the rations they pack. She goes hunting so the evening's meal can be a special one.

Survival (Hunting): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


The name Casandalee is unfamiliar to Longdreamer.

The great moth waves its antennae and lays them on Fireday to commune with the warpriest. "Greetings, Fireday. Though the beliefs of your goddess and my own differ, they are both committed to fighting against the evils of the world. You are welcome as an ally and as a friend. The Song of the Spheres shall bless your dreams."

Kaska manages to take down a mighty elk and bring it back to the glade to prepare for dinner. Longdreamer entertains you with fanciful tales of distant planets before you settle down for a peaceful sleep.

The next morning, you head south through the woods for a couple of miles, at last reaching the base of the Choking Tower. This towering stone structure rises high above the tops of the surrounding trees. The tower's walls are made of metal and stone and stained black with greasy soot, and its roof is a metal cone crowded by a forest of pipes and chimneys belching smoke into the sky. The tower’s few windows are narrow and slatted with thick metal grills, and its only door is a metal rectangle with rounded corners, twelve feet high and nine feet wide. The door bears no knob or handle—only a two-inch-wide hole in the center, the edges of which are cracked and bent as if a tremendous force wrenched something free. A large number of immense humanoid footprints mar the ground surrounding the tower.

It looks like the wheel you recovered from the giants' camp will fit the hole in the door.


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

Fireday listens to Longdreamer's stories in awe, and is also awed by the reverence the normally brusque Kaska shows to Desna's servant. Now he knew a bit more about what she believed, and he felt that was something they could connect over.

"Some say that Viv's and my people, the androids, came from beyond the stars," he comments. "It would be amazing to travel between them as you do, Longdreamer...maybe find where we came from, and learn more about who we are..."

His dreams are magnificent, and he awakens refreshed and restored. After praying to his own goddess and thanking Longdreamer for their hospitality, he's ready to join the others. He makes a disgusted noise as they approach the Choking Tower.

"This tower is a blight on this land...Once we find Casandalee...if we find her anyway, we should cleanse this place through fire and holy power and let nature reclaim it."


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Holg also has a deep dream and wakes up refreshed and feeling alive more vividly than ever "See you soon Longdreamer, we will be back"

-------------------

As the group approaches the tower, the Kellid takes note of the windows placement and the smoke going out all around "Would you truly like to know about your past Fireday? What if you do not like what it was?"

"It seems we will need to place the giant's piece there... mmm..." retrieving the wheel, Holg makes his best to try and fit it "How do you think this works? Shall we turn it somehow now? Use force?"
Strength: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
K. engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Female Android Kineticist 8 | 70/75 HP (0 temp) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +4 | Initiative +5 | Perception +14 | Nanite Revival 1/1 | Nanite Surge 1/1

"I can try to turn it telekinetically," says Viv. "Since it doesn't have a living anima, it should be easy to exert a lot of force on it."


Holg is able to repair the door, and with a mighty effort of strength, turns the wheel. The metal door grinds open, granting access to the tower.

This grand hall is ten feet wide and twenty-five feet long. Three large metal doors stand in the walls at the opposite end of the entry. The middle door is slightly smaller than the others, and a metal wheel is mounted in the center of each door.

You are entering the tower from the west. You can go north, east, or south from here. I will have a map up later today.


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Holg's veins mark on his muscles as he makes the mighty effort to turn the wheel and open the doors. When enough space is opened for the group to sneak in the man relaxes breathing out slowly "Thanks Viv. I think your push was helping too"

"Welcome to our new house of metallic horrors friends" instead of dread it seems Holg's pronouncement holds excitement for the idea of the fights to come "Where shall we begin with? I prefer one of the two large doors, what do you say? Left or right?"

The Kellid holds his symbol, a mountain with a greataxe stabbed, and starts then casting magic vestment and defending bone to improve his defenses "Viv, do you think if I set light on a piece of stone or metal you can move it forward along the halls?"

Finally the cleric picks up the group's rod and uses it to cast extended bull's strength on himself and shield of faith both on him and Kaska.
+3 deflection AC for 16 min Kaska!

Today's prepared spells:

SPELLS
CL 8, Concentration +11
Orisons (4)
light
divine guidance
mending
detect magic

Level 1 (6/day + 1 pearl of power)
magic weapon - D
bless
** 2x shield of faith
remove fear
barbed chains (3x +11)

Level 2 (5/day + 1 pearl of power)
* bull's strength - D
surmount affliction
supress charms and compulsions
* defending bone
burst of radiance (Ref 14)

Level 3 (5/day)
* magic vestment - D
channel vigor
resist energy communal (70 min)
chain of perdition (+10)
+1 open slot

Level 4 (3/day)
divine power (+2)
air walk (70 min)
freedom of movement


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

Fireday gives a small "Hmm," as they progress. "I don't want to burn through my own spells too quickly, as that's resulted in fights later in the day becoming much dicier...we should scout ahead carefully so I can cast those spells right before the battle starts rather than wasting precious time IN the fight working to protect myself..."


Female Human (Kellid) Human Ranger 7 / Barbarian 1| HP: 85/85 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 16) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40'

Kaska nods curtly. "Right. I'll get started then."

She quietly moves up to the trio of doors and checks them for differences that might be significant as well as traps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Amazing.


Kaska does not notice anything unusual about any of the doors.


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

"Ah! Clever Friday!" Holg's voice booms while he strides after Kaska "Let's be stealthy!"
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

The man looks at Kaska for confirmation, and once she does give it, he tries to open the southern door, but this time, instead of kicking the door with an energetic kick, he does instead slowly open it to peer around.
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Although his breastplate clanks against the metallic surface of the door and the flaming light of his greatsword quickly advertises the presence of the group.


Female Human (Kellid) Human Ranger 7 / Barbarian 1| HP: 85/85 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 16) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40'

Kaska doesn't even for an instant believe they have been quiet or clever enough to conceal their presence in the tower to others. She gets ready and braces herself for yet another room or corridor filled with horrible stuff just waiting for them.


This wedge-shaped room contains several storage racks and crates, as well as a sickly odor. A door leads to the north and a large alcove to the southwest contains a wrought iron spiral staircase, leading up.

Two gleaming robots stand guard here, wielding hammers and shields. Upon spotting you, they move forward to attack!

Initiative:
Coen: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Fireday: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Holg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Kaska: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Viv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Robots: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Everybody but Holg may act before the robots.


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

"Those robots are marvels of engineering!" Fireday exclaims. "Too bad we have to dismantle them, violently."

He calls on Iomedae's fervor to protect him, casting ironskin on himself instantly and then calling on her to give him a bull's strength.


Female Human (Kellid) Human Ranger 7 / Barbarian 1| HP: 85/85 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 16) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40'

Kaska notices the robots don't seem to be armed to fight at range. This is can be used to great advantage to her thinking. She pulls back from the door leaving it uncontested.

"They must be within arm's reach to get at us. Everyone set up around the door on his side. They can only come through one at a time and we will destroy them each as they try to get through the door to us. Holg, back up so they can come far enough into this hall for us to all strike at them."

Kaska holds her position, leaving 5' at the door open for a robot to come through. She holds, preparing to cut down the first robot through.

Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 13 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 4 - 3 = 31

Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 6 + 4 = 25

Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 4 - 3 = 21

Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 + 4 = 20

Attack and Damage bonuses include Favored Enemy bonuses. Adamantine Weapon. +3 AC from Shield of Faith.


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Holg's face changes from one of excitement to one of confused sadness, like a small boy having been retrieved a present.

The Kellid looks at the robots, he looks at Kaska, then at his people pilling up at his back "Bu.. but if I move away the robots will reach you! There is not enough space here to step back! It's cramped!"

The man looks at the robots once more "Let me charge in!"

Viv and Coen probably want to ready an action or delay, as otherwise they need to move into the room alone to attack.
Kaska is probably right. If everybody makes a step back, Holg can move back at his turn so the robots can get into the corridor where we would have ranged advantage.
Or we can charge in and let Holg be your meat-shield! :D


Female Android Kineticist 8 | 70/75 HP (0 temp) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +4 | Initiative +5 | Perception +14 | Nanite Revival 1/1 | Nanite Surge 1/1

I can wait for an opening.


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

I've already done my action for this round, but I agree with Kaska's assessment.


As Fireday calls upon Iomedae to bolster himself, Kaska calls for a tactical withdrawal. Before Holg can comply, the robots move forward and swing their hammers at him! They beat on the cleric, dealing nonlethal injuries.

Warhammers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 231d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
Nonlethal Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 9 + (4) = 211d8 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 9 + (6) = 21

42 nonlethal damage to Holg. Everybody may act. Assuming he moves back, I'll resolve Kaska's delayed attacks next round.


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Thanks to previous preparations Gorum's faith deflects the first of the robots' attacks.

"Phiuh! That was close!" Holg smiles recklessly "Ok, so you want me to move away, but there is no reason not to take retaliation first!" the man sends a powerful blow at the robot just in front.
adamantine greatsword-PA+BS: 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 3 + 2 = 23
Adamantine/Slashing damage+destructive smite+PA+BS: 2d6 + 6 + 4 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 + 4 + 9 + 3 = 31

Then he begrudgingly obeys Kaska and moves away trying to tumble through.
Acrobatics (tumble): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Hoping to soak only 1 AoO at most, as he has cover from the other robot

HP 75/75 (21 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26
DS: 5/6


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

Fireday readies his battlestaff, waiting for the robots to make their way in.

Can you do two-weapon fighting with a readied attack, or is it just the first one? I've been doing two-weapon fighting for so long, I forgot what my attack bonus for a single strike IS!


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

A ready only allows you to prepare a single standard action (or a move or swift or free action), while in order to make more than 1 attack (which is called a full attack by the rules), you need to spend a full-round action (=both your standard and move action). So the short answer is no, you can only ready a single attack :)
2WF penalty is -2 to all attacks that round if you have the appropriate feats and weapons (which Fireday has), thus your single attack must be just +2 with your primary attack


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

Thanks Holg!

Fireday raises his battlestaff, ready to swing the hefty end like a spade at the first robot to come through the door!

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 301d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


AoO: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
Nonlethal Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 9 + (6) = 16

Holg slices into the robot before stepping away, taking a hammer blow when he turns his back. The robot moves to pursue, only to be sliced up by Fireday and Kaska! As it falls in a smoking heap, the second robot steps on its fallen brethren and batters Kaska with its hammer.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Nonlethal Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 9 + (5) = 22

16 nonlethal damage to Holg, 22 nonlethal damage to Kaska. Viv and Coen may take readied actions if they'd like, then everybody may act in the next round!


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

Holg nearly stumbles as the warhammer hits him in the back "Enough!" seeing a space in, the Kellid seems to mount into a fury as his muscles grow in size, he gets in and starts bashing the robot along with both Kaska and Fireday.
adamantine greatsword-PA+BS+rage: 1d20 + 12 - 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 3 + 2 + 2 = 29
Adamantine/Slashing damage+PA+BS+rage: 2d6 + 6 + 9 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 + 9 + 3 + 3 = 29

adamantine greatsword-PA+BS+rage: 1d20 + 7 - 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 3 + 2 + 2 = 24
Adamantine/Slashing damage+PA+BS+rage: 2d6 + 6 + 9 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 + 9 + 3 + 3 = 32

HP 75/75 (37 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 24
Rage: 7/8


Female Android Kineticist 8 | 70/75 HP (0 temp) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +4 | Initiative +5 | Perception +14 | Nanite Revival 1/1 | Nanite Surge 1/1

As the second robot moves into view Viv launches one of her signature metal darts.

Kinetic blast attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Kinetic blast damage: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 1) + 8 = 21


Male Android [Warpriest 8, AC 19, T13, FF16 | HP 39/52, F+7 R+4 W+9 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | Init +2, Perc. +13 | Nanite Surge +10 1/1, Blessings 7/7, Fervor 3d6 5/7]

Fireday joins in whaling on the robot with Holg!

Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Attack 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Human (Kellid) Human Ranger 7 / Barbarian 1| HP: 85/85 | AC: 19 (T: 14, F: 16) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +4 | Perc: +13, SM: +8 | Speed 40'

Kaska takes the blow from the robot and attacks back.

Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 13 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 4 - 3 = 18

Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 + 4 = 20

Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 4 - 3 = 16

Damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 6 + 4 = 17

Attack and Damage bonuses include Favored Enemy bonuses. Adamantine Weapon. +3 AC from Shield of Faith.

Ugh, those are some ugly rolls.


The robot raises its shield to ward off Kaska's attacks, but Fireday slips a strike through. Viv blasts the construct with force, and then Holg tears into it with his greatsword. It quickly joins its companion in a smoking heap on the floor!

The robots each have a heavy steel shield and a mwk warhammer.

The room the robots were guarding contains entirely mundane stores such as spare furniture, pipes and fittings, and casks of water and wine. Some preserved meats and grains are also stored here, but they have long spoiled. A thorough search also uncovers a box of 11 batteries.


HP 63/75 (22 NL) [DR 5/B 40/40] AC 26 23 TAC 15 12 FF 23 20 | CMD 26 23 | F +9 R +5 W +10 | Ch:4/5 DS:5/6 BR:6/6 R:7/8 WM:8/8 Ext:0/3 L1 4/6+1/1 L2:3/5+1/1 L3:4/5 L4:3/3 | Ini: +3 | Senses: +4 |
Skills:
Acrobatics+2,Appraise+2,Climb+6,Diplomacy+6,H.animal+3,Heal+9,K.arcana+2,K. eng.+4,K.history+6,K.nobility+2,K.planes+6,K.religion+6,SenseMotives+7,Spel lcraft+2,Stealth+1,Survival+3,Swim+4,ProfessionMiner+7,Concentration+11
Human male Cleric of Gorum 8 | Treasure sheet | m.v.8h,def.bone8h,BStr16m,SoF16min

"Aham!" Holg cleans up his blade from the remains of metal, picking the warhammer and shield for the common bag "Those things were hitting hard. I still do feel the headache in my head"

The Kellid goes into the room and starts to check the grain and pots until he finds the batteries "So strange. What were these robots doing in this old tower? It is weird they were still active. Do you think they are searching for Xoud as well?"

"There is a set of stairs going up here!" the man shouts back at Kaska "Shall we take these ones? If you prefer to explore this lower floor first... I would suggest we try the northern door next"

2,851 to 2,900 of 2,919 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Iron Gods Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.