DM Bloodgargler's Heroes of the Shiv

Game Master BinkyBo

Plug-in module>Racing to Ruin (Book 2 of Serpent's Skull)


2,351 to 2,400 of 4,838 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Iolana doesn't waste time bothering about the further blood splats sprayed on her ; as soon as the indestructible cannibal goes down she runs toward Syndlara.
The varisian girl notices now two new figures fighting the cannibals : a large, bulky half orc and....Castellus Cale?????
This must be a joke, even I cannot be this unlucky,but i'll ask questions later.

Iolana approches the half orc shouting in Taldan "No time for introduction i'm afraid big dude." while laying her left hand charged with shocking energy on the man's shoulder.

moves to H25 near Truk'Tosh
melee touch attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 should be a hit finally
damage to cannibal in G24 4d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 2) = 11 electricity

Status:

Str 16/Dex 13/Con 13/Int 17/Wis 12/Cha 14
HP 23/27
AC (lamellar armor) [Tot 20] [Touch 16] [FF 18] Dodge feat already included
CMB:+6 (+3BaB +3strength)
CMD:17 (+3BaB +3strength +1dexterity +10)
Fortitude save +5 (+4base +1con)
Reflex save +2 (+1base +1dex)
Will save +5 (+4base +1wis)
BaB+3
Initiative+1
Perception +7
Caster level check +11
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(armor check pen. not included)
Climb +6 //Intimidate +7 //Knowledge Arcana +10 //Profession(Sailor) +5
Spellcraft +10 //Swim +7 //Sense Motive +5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 30ft/9mtr
+2 Scimitar [att+8 dam1d6+5 18-20/x2 type S]
Shortbow [att+4 dam1d6 x3 60ft type P] 17 arrows
Prepared Spells :Level 0(cantrips):Daze(will DC13);Acid Splash(1d3 acid);Light;Detect Magic
Level 1:Shocking Grasp (4d6 elect)
Level 2:Web (reflex DC15)
Arcane Pool(1/2 magus level+int mod)[2]
Carrying 40lbs/light emcumbrance/check penalty -1

+2 scimitar round 8/10
Shield round 8/40
Bull's Strength round 7/40


The cannibal's teeth clench, and his eyes roll and water from the unique and painful sensation of electrocution.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

+2 scimitar round 9/10
Shield round 9/40
Bull's Strength round 8/40

Forgot to update the rounds count.This is the correct one.


Male Human Pirate 4 | 29/37 HP, Init +4, AC 18 (Touch 14, Flat 14), Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +5

Smirking at the success of his latest attack, Castellus looks back at his allies and nods. Glancing at the nearest cannibal, Cale directs the attention of his allies there whilst retrieving his axe.

Actions & Rolls:

Standsrd Action - Retrieve weapon
Move Action - Freebooter's Bane on cannibal nearest allies


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Pirouetting through a triple turn as the cannibals advance, Syndlara bats one blow away with her blade only to take another deep cut across her hip. Nearly knocked off balance by the injury, she exits the turn prematurely and leans backward, slashing at the foe behind her with her scimitar. The blade connects, leaving another deep gash, and she places one hand on the ground, kicking her feet upward into a back walkover that propels her behind the cannibal. Bleeding freely from a number of wounds, she settles into a low stance and twirls the blade in her hand.

Attack the cannibal at F21, then Acrobatics check to move through him to F20.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

HP 8/31; AC 18; battle dance 7/9; MV 40' (fleet)


Syndlara's slice finishes the cannibal... leaving one between Truk'tosh and Iolana. He is currently stamping mad, and looks like all he has left is his rage... and a smoking electrical burn on his shoulder.

He turns and jabs at Iolana with watering eyes... his spear thrust comes nowhere near her.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk grunts in surprise as another beautiful woman comes into view – a human this time, Varisian.

Rushing to her aid, Truk closes on the last cannibal and throws a huge uppercut.

Punch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Confirming: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Extra Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


The last cannibal standing is sent in the air; 90 degrees short of a backflip, and clearly down for good.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Ever the performer, when it becomes clear that the fight is, at least momentarily, over, Syndlara draws up from her low stance. Stamping her hind foot into place beside her forward foot, she draws herself up to her full height and issues an exaggerated salute. "That was fun," she remarks, exhilarated, and walks toward Iolana and Truk'tosh. She pauses to wipe her scimitar's blade clean on what passes for a cannibal's clothing, then sheathes the blade with a flourish.

"And you are...?" she asks, eyeing Truk'tosh with a hint of distaste.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Intro time!

Truk is obviously a half-orc but wears his orcish blood well. His tusks are small, dulled, and only slightly poke out from under his bottom lip and his ears are only mildly pointed. His skin is a greyish-olive that contrasts well with the cropped dark hair along the top of his head. He wears a short well-kept beard on his chin.

For what he lacks in orcish facial features, he makes up for elsewhere. He is tall, broad, and his massive frame muscled like a bull. Despite his more savage nature and imposing stature, he possess a kind of muscular ruggedness that many might find attractive. He wears a heavy cloak across his broad shoulders but is otherwise bare-chested wearing little else other than worn-through hide leggings and a pair of boots a size too small. A sturdy quarterstaff is strapped to his back and a number of sharpened iron spikes are tucked into the sash around his muscular hairy torso.

Truk cracks the knuckles on his massive gnarled fists and looks around for more challengers. When it becomes clear the threat has passed, the big Orc takes the opportunity to roll his neck, flex, and strength out his brawny form.

”Truk’tosh”, the burly half-orc says with a wide grin between his short blunt tusks. ”But you can call me Truk.”

”And that’s Cale”, he adds with a gesture at the elaborately dressed (former) captain.

”You girls know how to scrap alright”, he says with a glance at the ground strewn with dead and dying cannibals. ”I don’t suppose you brought a ship.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

An attractive elf standing at 5'10" tall, Syndlara has the athletic build of a runner or dancer (or rhythmic gymnast). She has blue eyes the color of the ocean depths, and wears her blond hair down to her shoulders. She is attired in a red and black frilled shirt with loose sleeves and an open neckline, out of which peeks the glint of chainmail. Her outfit is complemented by a pair of knee-high black leather boots, skin-tight red and black pants that show off her form, and black leather gloves. Bloodied, the scarlet dye of her outfit is nonetheless masking just how injured she is.

She cuts a dashing figure, and though she seems a bit like a harmless fop at first glance, there is something about her stance--and the scimitar at her hip--that seems out of place with that assessment (perhaps it's the dead and dying cannibals).

"Syndlara Sil'Parim," she says with a curt nod. "Pleasure. You two fight pretty well yourselves. No, no ship. How'd you end up here, of all places? The middle of a camp full of cannibals is not exactly where I would expect to run into sane, civilized folk."


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk shares a glance with Cale, not sure how much information to share with the elven woman.

”We were shipwrecked and washed up here. We were getting by fine until the cannibals ambushed us with those poisoned darts… What’s your story?”


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

"Shipwreck." Syndlara follows Truk's glance to Cale. "Oh! Have you seen a man and a woman come through here? Avistani humans, uh, about as tall as...hair like....Iolana, you describe them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Seeing the last cannibal being smashed in the air and falling motionless, Iolana stops some moments, bends slightly on the knees and sighs in relief.

She begins looking at the huge half orc when Syndlara approaches and salutes ; but the elf looks seriously wounded, while Iolana is covered in blood splats, but almost none of those comes from her body.

The varisian girl reachs the elf's neck in height and has tanned complexion, long wavy dark blond hair loose on her shoulders and wears hardened leather jacket over a long brown coat. Under those are a grey shirt and skirt, and boots. But now she is so dirty it is hard to tell what colors her clothes are.

She sheathes her blade and extends her hands to the half orc in a greeting gesture.
I'm Iolana Zerengo,we shipwrecked here too. Glad we could help and found you before it was too late.Now i'm sorry but the description of captain Kovak and Ieana will have to wait, as will anything else.

Iolana turns toward Cale and her face darkens, she walks over Truk and Syndlara and at fast pace approaches the former captain of Truk.

Castellus Cale...last time we met you almost got me killed in a bar brawl, and shortly after i had to run from autorities to not be imprisoned. I thought you were in jail by now.

Iolana takes a pause, then suddenly she pulls out her scimitar and points its tip toward Cale's face, shouting : “But what is most important is the time before that, when you interfered with my dad's mission, had me taken prisoner and beaten unconscious and i don't know what else after that. My dad went down with his ship in his attempt to rescue me and you were gone. I meet you again and you start inquiring of a treasure dad was after.....i lost him, what do you think i care for some treasure he never told me anything about.I didn't know what he was looking for in those ruins and i couldn't care less, but you are still looking for it right? And as a last fateful event i crash on this f*#$ing island and again lose my ship.....and BAM here you are.

The girl calms down and again puts the blade in the scabbard.
I should try to kill you, but for now we better work together to leave,and besides i don't have evidences enough that you were the true cause of my dad's demise.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk chuckles at Iolana’s rant, ”Look’s like I’m not the only one that’s got beef wit’ you Cale.”

”I wouldn’t worry ‘bout him too much Beautiful. Cale’s turnin’ over a new leaf.”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

Gatherine made her way over to the others as they finished up with the rest of the cannibals,that huge half-orc pummeling the last one standing with an uppercut that sent him up into the air and crashing back into the sand.That was interesting-- a bare- knuckled brawler.Like a monk,but without the practiced grace and style replaced with brutal blows of a pugilist.

Then she saw Iolana draw her weapon on the man who looked like a stereotypical pirate dandy and start ranting,obviously sore about something personal.From her words,Gatherine already didn't like him.

She scowled.And he was the owned of the double-barreled pistol she had heard firing.Shame that an arse had access to blackpowder and a fine firearm.But it was the often the wielder,not the weapon.

The plump she- dwarf waddled her way up to the group,treading over the corpses of any cannibals in her way with her laced up boots.She was 3'11",hardly coming up past anyone's wait or chest and nearly as wide.Wide hips,wide shoulders,and heavy bosom that bounced with each step despite her purple and yellow lammellar armor doing its best to contain her curves as it was specifically fitted for a female dwarf of her girth.

All she wore other than that was a leather over tunic with a corset laced up to show her cleavage,where she currently had one of her pistols stowed away between for lack of a better place and easy access.Soft leather boots that laced up the length of her calves ending in rather small,delicate feet(for a dwarf,mind you) encased her lower legs along with leather breeches buttoned up along the sides of her hip.She dusted off the crooked tricorne at with blood and sand on it,tucking it back onto her head,which sported a distinctive hairstyle that gathered her thick auburn and gold streaked hair into ropey braided in such a way they resembled a pinecone.The ends of her hair were gathered beneath her throat in thick braids and crisscrossed. Bright round eyes the color of gold coins scanned the two newcomers.

A chubby,heartshaped face with pouting pink lips,a button nose,and dark flesh similar to that of a Garundi human,as dark complexitied as that of the healer Mugambi and Jask,scrunched into a scowl.

She tipped her head back to look up at the heavily muscled summon of a half orc,then at the pirate who was being ranted at by Iolana. Oi,who're you two? And if any of you harass Iolana or Syndlara,you gotta deal with me,an I ain't as nice as they are!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk greets the ferocious little gun-toting dwarven woman with a nod.

”Truk’tosh but you can call me Truk. This is Cale”, he repeats.

Admiring her fiery nature, the big Orc laughs and puts up a reassuring paw.

”You don’t have anything to worry ‘bout Lil’ Poozer. It sounds like some of us have got some history but I think we’re all the same side.”

"Is your whole group full of pretty dames?" he grunts with a laugh.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Pirate 4 | 29/37 HP, Init +4, AC 18 (Touch 14, Flat 14), Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +5

Standing near the building where he'd left the last cannibal who'd drawn his ire bleeding out on the ground, Cale finished reloading Geraldine and collected the remainder of his and Truk's gear, tossing the latter to the burly half-orc.

Standing just over six feet tall, the good captain's build remains lithe yet muscular despite the amount of clothes he wears. His attire reminiscent of the standard seafarer, Cale wears a cavalcade of browns - blouse, breeches, and on down to his boots - each accenting the other in a vivid scene of earthen colors. At his brow, he wears the traditional captain's tricorne but with a bit of his own flair added to make it his own. At his hip, he carries a cutlass of intricate make and a small double-barreled pistol aside a boarding axe opposite that. A small glint of brass can be seen protruding from the top of his right boot. Various pouches align his belt and pack.

"Now now, Truk'tosh," he says eloquently using a dialect of Taldane muddled down so as to prevent anyone from pinpointing where his accent originated. "Let's not mislead our newfound comrades. They've been gracious enough to rescue us from our captors. The least we can do is present open honesty."

Looking to Iolana, Cale smiles as she draws the blade, ends her rant, and draws a laugh from Truk'tosh. Patting Truk'tosh on the shoulder jovially, Cale simply laughs and replies, "Tis a lovers' quarrel. Nothing more. Miss Zerengo, how you've grown! Tis good to see again as well, dear. I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken about those times, however, but let us discuss this over a drink! The gods smile upon me that I've stumbled upon good souls as I yet again walk these shores. Not much has changed, but enough to muddle my memory of it."

Turning his attention to Gatherine as she bounds up only serves to sweeten Cale's tongue yet again. "See, Truk'tosh, what did I tell you? A distraction ample enough to confound these blasted tribesmen could only come from the sight of three beautiful women such as this! But alas! I was robbed of a proper introduction. I do beg your apology, dear ladies. I, as our dear Miss Zerengo so wonderfully explained, am Captain Castellus Cale, Free Captain of the Shackles and captain of the Furies Gambit. Truk'tosh here is my bosun and most loyal member of my crew. Our fates here seem to have intertwined as again ours have as well, Miss Zerengo. I consider myself most fortunate for that." Taking Iolana's hand, he gives it a small kiss on the back of it and bows low swinging his hat in a wide arc as he introduces himself to the other two women.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Syndlara remains impassive as Iolana is reacquainted with what seems to be a former lover, and remains equally impassive as Gatherine bounds up. Only when Cale speaks does her expression change--she rolls her eyes, giggling quietly. Amusement (and a bit of grudging admiration) creeps into her voice as she replies, "You're quite the silver-tongue, aren't you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

Blech.Keep them flowery words,Longface-Skinnybody.Imma Deepheavy-- we run most of the Lonely Coast,above an below ground.We hunt thieves an brigands.Pirates are just bandits that can swim.I'll work wit you regardless,jus don't think you can flatter your way into my good graces.she turned her nose up at him,puffing out her ample bosom.

One of her shocker lizards popped out from her armor and squeaked,electric sparks jumping off it.It waved its limbs at the new faces.

To Truk,she considered something and lowered Sneezy Dragon,Oi,I'm Gatherine.You okay for a demiblood orkie.Look like one o them fist fighters.Nice fisticuffs there.

She tapped his ham sized fist with her smaller one in a bump of knuckles,a dwarven handshake.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk returns the dwarf's fist-based affection and laughs again.

Finding a cannibal with less soiled clothing, the hulking Orc tears some of it into strips to tie off as bandages around his bleeding tree-trunk thigh.

"Well ladies, I'd be happy to continue this talk but we should see what we can take from these fools and make ourselves scarce. You got a camp or some other place we can bunker up for a bit around here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Syndlara nods, motioning toward the east. "A couple of miles that way," she remarks, taking the time to count up the dead cannibals in the area. "There can't be more than a couple of this tribe out there left, though."

With that, she murmurs the arcane words to a cantrip. Sapphire eyes limned in blue light now, she heads toward where she left the cannibal leader she slew. Detect Magic and look for anything magical on any of the bodies, particularly Klorak's.

Your knucklebump reminds that there is an NPC monk in World of Warcraft named Fo Sho Knucklebump. It amused me.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"It's not the dead ones I'm worryin' about" Truk says with a nod.

"It's the scavengers that'r gunna come lookin' for a meal."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

Hmph.We stayin here. We took care o' the people eaters because they attacked us first,they needed to be killed anyways,and they got a lighthouse.We kill any remnants.Hopefully they ain't no brats--evil or no,I couldn't handle that.Imma go loot my kills-- and whatever's left in that stank witch' s hut that I didn't burn up. Tell Tol where I am if he comes back.

The she dwarf hustled back towards the smoking hut,picking up anything notable from the slain cannibals,the charred shaman included.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Finishing with Cale
"What i told is true, and you know it. I admit you are charming and honey tongued,but you are far from calling me a former lover. And remember you are'nt the only one able to lead a crew"

Then Iolana begins looking around the camp, searching for anything useful.
"We all need to recover and rest, and this is a good camp, large but defendable,we just need to estabilish guard turns"

Going toward the witch's hut:
"I need to recover my bow and to look if there is something left in the hut, after Gatherine blew it up.And by the way,better give the bodies some coup de grace, some of them could be just unconscious"

Detect Magic around the hut's burned remains and on Malikadna body.Iolana will wait until she is able to remove ashes and burned wood to search better

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk shrugs and moves about the fallen cannibals snapping the necks of any survivors, "You got it Beautiful."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

I bet by now buffs have faded away

Status update:

Str 12/Dex 13/Con 13/Int 17/Wis 12/Cha 14
HP 23/27
AC (lamellar armor) [Tot 16] [Touch 12] [FF 14] Dodge feat already included
CMB:+4 (+3BaB +1strength)
CMD:15 (+3BaB +1strength +1dexterity +10)
Fortitude save +5 (+4base +1con)
Reflex save +2 (+1base +1dex)
Will save +5 (+4base +1wis)
BaB+3
Initiative+1
Perception +7
Caster level check +11
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(armor check pen. not included)
Climb +6 //Intimidate +7 //Knowledge Arcana +10 //Profession(Sailor) +5
Spellcraft +10 //Swim +7 //Sense Motive +5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 30ft/9mtr
+1 Scimitar [att+5 dam1d6+2 18-20/x2 type S]
Shortbow [att+4 dam1d6 x3 60ft type P] 17 arrows
Prepared Spells :Level 0(cantrips):Daze(will DC13);Acid Splash(1d3 acid);Light;Detect Magic
Level 1:Shocking Grasp (4d6 elect)
Level 2:Web (reflex DC15)
Arcane Pool(1/2 magus level+int mod)[2]
Carrying 40lbs/light emcumbrance/check penalty -1


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Well I don't imagine you'll need buffs for looting.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5
Truk'tosh wrote:
Well I don't imagine you'll need buffs for looting.

Nope, but since i keep copy/paste'ing the status, i need to update it after combat or else i could forget to erase the buffs.


You find no survivors on the grounds, or peeking through the doors. The lighthouse itself will require some time to fully investigate. The only apparent access is through the structure at the south of the camp.

While looking about with glowing eyes, Syndlara pulls aside several items from Klorak.
An amulet, terbujte, cutlass, and heavy wooden shield.

Iolana does the same at the ruined hut with dwindling embers. She finds a staff, ring, and wand.

The stuffed rats have burned off the shaman's bone mask... the mask itself emits a glow.


Mugambi introduces himself, and offers to lend some "much needed" positive energy to the group.
channel energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Jask and Gelik the gnome also give a brief weary thanks.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk stretches out his sore muscles, feeling a deal better from Mugambi's pulse of healing energy.

"Thanks", he offers the strangely dressed man. "You some kinda holyman?"


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Spellcraft (amulet): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Spellcraft (terbutje): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Spellcraft (cutlass): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Spellcraft (heavy wooden shield): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Syndlara enters the hut, warily approaching Klorak's body. When he doesn't rise up and attack her again, she carefully removes his weapons and the other magical items that she saw on him. Taking the time to attempt to identify them all, she then returns to the unlit bonfire, stash in hand.

"If we're staying here, then that hut would probably work well as a defensible location. Fewest dead bodies over there too. None, if we through Klorak to his pet," Syndlara says, dropping the gear on the ground.

Post-channel: HP 13/31


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Spellcraft staff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Spellcraft ring 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Spellcraft wand 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Status:

Str 12/Dex 13/Con 13/Int 17/Wis 12/Cha 14
HP 28/27
AC (lamellar armor) [Tot 16] [Touch 12] [FF 14] Dodge feat already included
CMB:+4 (+3BaB +1strength)
CMD:15 (+3BaB +1strength +1dexterity +10)
Fortitude save +5 (+4base +1con)
Reflex save +2 (+1base +1dex)
Will save +5 (+4base +1wis)
BaB+3
Initiative+1
Perception +7
Caster level check +11
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(armor check pen. not included)
Climb +6 //Intimidate +7 //Knowledge Arcana +10 //Profession(Sailor) +5
Spellcraft +10 //Swim +7 //Sense Motive +5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 30ft/9mtr
+1 Scimitar [att+5 dam1d6+2 18-20/x2 type S]
Shortbow [att+4 dam1d6 x3 60ft type P] 17 arrows
Prepared Spells :Level 0(cantrips):Daze(will DC13);Acid Splash(1d3 acid);Light;Detect Magic
Level 1:Shocking Grasp (4d6 elect)
Level 2:Web (reflex DC15)
Arcane Pool(1/2 magus level+int mod)[2]
Carrying 40lbs/light emcumbrance/check penalty -1

edit:"Thanks for the healing Mugambi"


"I was da ship doctor... from Sargava. The power of healing flow through me. My people were Holy men of the dead child-god, and did not think much of me... but a holy man is a fine thing. I say my prayers not just to gods, but to all things living." In addition to the intricately carved wooden mask, he wears a long heavy seaman's coat over exotic plates of stamped metal woven and affixed with leather laces.

"I go check on Tol and Ishirou now."... Jask and Gelik offer to accompany him, after Jask arms himself with a mundane spear.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"I don't care what god's on your side if your directin' the healing my way", Truk adds with a shrug. "Thanks again."

"Let's see what the girls found."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

Gatherine helped toss the soot blackened and gore slick loot in a pile,poking at most of it in disappointment.

....Not much swag here for me.A ring or a amulet if I can use it.Kinda ugly,too. Unless I start wearing a mask...although I think Mugambi's the only one who can really pull that off with style.


Male Human Pirate 4 | 29/37 HP, Init +4, AC 18 (Touch 14, Flat 14), Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +3; Perception +5

Picking his way through the loot almost methodically, Cale seemed to be looking for something just beyond his scope. When he didn't find what he was looking for, he made his way back to the group. "I surmise that the lighthouse would be the one logical course of action. I doubt anyone has utilized it in some time, so I imagine some repairs may be in order. Is anyone here knowledgable with such devices?" Cale asked the group when they had all gathered again. "In addition, if you have any supplies at your base camp, I believe it'd be wise to bring it here. Only take what we can carry, however, and only necessities. We won't be doing multiple trips. It's too risky with this type of environment." He took out his flask and tipped it up, swishing the liquid around for a moment before spitting it out. He then placed it safely back in his coat. "Right, so..." He clapped his hands together. "Where's the map?" He asked as he looked among the members of the group.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

"Whatever we're doing should wait until tomorrow. I'm not keen on risking another fight today," Syndlara replies.


identified items:
+1 natural armor amulet
+1 living steel terbutje
+1 cutlass
+1 Heavy wooden shield
Staff of Malikadna CL8
1 charge - light
1 charge - air bubble

ring - unidentified
wand - unidentified
bone mask - unidentified


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Spellcraft (ring): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Spellcraft (wand): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Spellcraft (bone mask): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Syndlara points out what ones she can, then offers to look over the items that defy identification.


identified items pt2:
ring of protection +1

Ratcleft Mask: Hide from Undead effect when worn over face.
Undead cannot see, hear, or smell creatures wearing this mask. Even extraordinary or supernatural sensory capabilities, such as blindsense, blindsight, scent, and tremorsense, cannot detect or locate the wearer. Non-intelligent undead creatures (such as skeletons or zombies) are automatically affected and act as though the wearer is not there. An intelligent undead creature gets a single Will saving throw. If it fails, the subject can't see the wearer. If an intelligent undead has reason to believe unseen opponents are present, however, it can attempt to find or strike the wearer. If the bearer attempts (while the mask is in place) to channel positive energy, turn or command undead, touches an undead creature, or attacks any creature (even with a spell), the mask will cease to function for any undead present.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk looks over the scavenged loot.

"Magic ring ya say", the big Orc asks while sliding the ring onto his sausage-thick finger. "I wouldn't mind one of those."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

<After looting and checking if there are survivors among the bodies>
"We are not going all the way back to our first camp now, too much far away. We need to rest first, and to set up a defendable position near the lighthouse,but not directly inside it for now. I don't like the idea of closing myself inside a building without first knowing how to exit it."

Then Iolana looks over her own body and clothes, as well as Syndlara's and Gatherine's and smiles sarcastically.
"And the girls here need to have a bath,in the hope there is water and some tubs around here"

It was Iolana the one to examine the map so far, so she should be the one holding it now


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

Gatherine agreed,scratching at the layer of grime marrying her skin. I need a good long soak.My feet hurt.And I need to wash my hit bad-- I think those cannibalsight have given me lice.Although,I realized two things...all we saw were males.Where's all the women cannibals? And,what happen to that sod I tagged with the poisoned dart and Syndlara magicked? Think Tol and Ishirou got him? Though I doubt he can do anything but scream at is.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk frowns at Gatherine's realization, "Maybe all the girls bailed... Just in case we should be careful. There could be more of these freaks out in the jungle."

"If you dames wanna clean up, I can keep an eye on things for a bit", the brawny orc says with a grin.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

"I was so focused on wiping out these freaks didn't noticed they were all males, except for the witch. We still have a lot to besides,so we are not going to lower our guards,but for now let's just search for a some bathing facilities."
Iolana begins looking around then turns toward Truk:
"Truk,and or Cale, if you want to look for something help me check the huts and the lighthouse, you know, just in case some has still cannibals in it."
Bah! Forgot to add bold and "quotation marks" to the upper phrase

edit:Bloodgargler,we fought other cannibals in the jungle in a couple of occasions.Where there females with them?


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"I've got your back Beautiful. Let's check it out."


Nope... maybe Malikadna was the s@#!fette?

The shack to the east is filled with supplies. Skins, spears, straight planks of wood, and tools wooden and metal with varying amounts of rust.

The north hut looks like a primitive shrine to several animal totems... particularly depictions of a red-winged devil. (like the one who took Averin's corpse)

The south structure is two rooms. The eastern room is all bedding, the western has tables, chairs, and more bedding. In the northwest corner of the western room is a door to the light house.

These cursory descriptions are without real time invested in detailed searching. Lemme know if when and who is going into the lighthouse.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Abything in the eastern shack that could function as a bathtub?

2,351 to 2,400 of 4,838 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Serpent's Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.