CyberMephit's Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master Ken Marable

Combat Map


201 to 250 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

At this point, we can assume the shark is busy and everyone can get to the door fine. (It's locked, of course.) What's the plan?


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

With the door locked, Garran turns to the others and says, "Let's pick the lock, then get in there and deal with him."


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 2 | HP: 8/17 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The Oni nods silently and heads to the door. He pulls out his lockpicking tools and sets to work.

Finesse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

As he hears a soft click he whispers, "got it ... I think"


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Alistair watches as the others climb into the water.
I was planning on getting rid of this outfit after this night..so what the hell. A little sea water added to the blood and fish guts never hurt anyone...
Alistair follows along.


Female Human (Varisian) Tattooed Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

We will let him pay not only for some new clothes... ready. Let's get this over with.


Male Monkey Familiar

Snorey has a very determined expression on his face. His small body tightens and the tips of his needle-like teeth show between his lips. If he wasn't just two feet tall it would seem most dangerous...


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Again, I am very sorry for the unexpected hiatus. I'm back now, and let's just dive right in!

The Oni manages to get the door unlocked, and as everyone takes a deep breath, he opens it to face the dreaded Gaedren Lamm - twisted thieving snake, plague on Korvosa's forgotten children, and all-around despicable wretch!

You enter the den of the foul Gaedren Lamm.

The air in this large room is chilly and stinks of the river, thanks to a huge opening in the floor that drops away to the river shore three feet below. Several pilings emerge from the waters to support the roof eight feet above the floor, with mossy ropes slung between them. In two places, rusty manacles hang from the ropes over the water. Two five-foot-wide walkways cross the hole to the other side of the chamber, where a collection of old cabinets, lockboxes, and piles of clutter are strewn about. Chipped porcelain plates, a cracked goblet, badly rusted silverware, an old wooden shield with a crossbow bolt embedded in it, the odd dinged helm, and other "treasures" litter the floor of this side of the chamber. Three tables heaped with clutter stand amid this mess. In the corner, a wooden door provides access to a walled-off section.

Your blood boils and rage builds as you look, face to face, with the viper himself, Gaedren Lamm. At his feet is a nasty alligator that looks almost as mean as Lamm himself. Gaedren's eyes widen in surprise and then he sneers at you, licking his lips. With a swift kick to the side of the alligator, he commands his pet, "Gobblegut, go enjoy your midnight snack!"

As all of you see Gaedren Lamm, your blood burns with the desire for vengeance. However, Garran, you hear Zellara's voice echoing in your mind...

Garran:
The Locksmith. In Zellara's Harrowing, you choose the Locksmith. "Your pursuits may open the keys to a new destiny." You do not know how, but you know Fate has led you here and readied you to strike. Now is your moment to strike and free them all from Lamm's clutches.

You get a +4 to all Dexterity-based checks (Dex attacks, Reflex, skills), and a +2 Dodge bonus to AC for the duration of this fight.

MAP

Gaedren Lamm

Gobblegut

Given the delay, I'm just gonna grant you initiative. So Round 1: All PCs are up!


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

HARROW POINTS
Also, I forget if CyberMephit or I explained this, and I don’t have tie to dig back through the posts, sorry. But I will put this in it’s own post for easy reference.

From Zellara's Harrow reading everyone has 4 Harrow Points, if I recall. You can use them at any time during Chapter 1 (which is about levels 1-3, and FYI once you are done with Lamm, you will be level 2). You can spend a Harrow Point to gain any of the following benefits:

Dexterity Rerolls: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to reroll an initiative check, Reflex save, attack roll modified by Dexterity, or Dexterity-based check. The PC must abide by the new result (although if he has additional Harrow Points, he can use them for additional rerolls).

Dodge Bonus: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to gain a +2 dodge bonus to his Armor Class for one encounter. They can spend up to 3 Harrow Points per encounter to increase his Armor Class in this manner.

Speed Increase: A PC can spend a Harrow Point to increase his base speed by 10 feet for one encounter.


Female Human (Varisian) Tattooed Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

intiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Snorey intiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

I spent a harrow point to boost my AC to 14

"Lamm, you tried to use my magic for your own gains. Now it will be your downfall."

..aaaand waiting for my place in initiative order :-)


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points
Edita Zaqawi wrote:

[dice=intiative]1d20+7

[dice=Snorey intiative]1d20+2

I spent a harrow point to boost my AC to 14

"Lamm, you tried to use my magic for your own gains. Now it will be your downfall."

..aaaand waiting for my place in initiative order :-)

I’m doing group initiative plus as a little apology for disappearing, I waived initiative for this combat and just let you all go first. :) So all PCs can go, no need to wait.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

"Hello, Gaedren. Ready to die?"

With that, the man who was once Tymo Flint moves faster than he's ever moved in his life, rushing up to Lamm and preparing to strike with his sword.

Spending a Harrow Point for +10 foot movement speed, then double moving up to Lamm, keeping one square between me and the edge of the wooden floor, so the alligator has to climb out in order to get to me. My final position is one square up and to the left of Lamm's token. AC is 19, since my shield is out and because of the spoiler.


Female Human (Varisian) Tattooed Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Let's see how much your courage is worth without your beast minion..."

Edita moves only as close as she has to and casts Sleep on the alligator.


Male Monkey Familiar

Snorey climbs on Editas back looking for an opportunity to look through the mess on the table in the hope of finding something worth throwing at Lamm...


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Alistair lets his eyes bore into the man responsible for his sisters death. Anger quickly washes over him as he tries to remain calm at the site of the man. He is about to go running headlong towards him when he gets control of his emotions. No words spoken, no gestures...nothing. Just controlled hatred. Following the others as the move into the area that holds an alligator and Lamm, Alistair moves with purpose. He draws his weapons as he walks into the room. His eyes watching the the floor as he walks but keeps Lamm in sight.
Spending a Harrow Point for +10 foot movement speed as well. A double move will place me in two blocks south of Lamm. Five feet between him and lamm.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Gobblegut Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

The mean looking alligator slows... but shakes it's head, then hisses and grunts menacingly.

Snorey: There are all sorts of various junk on the tables that could be thrown as improvised weapons. However, even for a monkey, you almost feel like you want to wear gloves to touch the stuff. (No mechanical impact, it's just nasty down here.)

I believe that's all but The Oni. Mivaela will go after y'all.


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 2 | HP: 8/17 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Sorry, work caught me by surprise yesterday
The Oni's eyes narrows as he eyes Lamm.

"This is the man responsible for my beloved Liliana's death... Tonight he dies!"

Hes about to draw his blades and charge the man when his wounds restrain him. "Charging in is what nearly killed you last time. Play it smart"

With that though he raises his bow and fires at the last thing between him and Lamm, his pet gator

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

The Oni's arrow thunks into the back of Gobblegut, sinking deep but not slowing him much.

Mivaela runs towards Lamm, pure rage and fire in her eyes, a dagger in each hand, ready to tear into him.

Gobblegut leaps up out of the water surprisingly fast at Garran, it's massive wicked looking jaws snapping well short, and his tail swinging back and forth but only finding air. He growls and hisses at Garran, moving to try and protect Lamm.

Gobblegut bite attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Gobblegut tail slap attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Gaedren turns and fires his hand crossbow at Alistair, but a coughing fit causes the bolt to fly wide and hit the wall several feet away.

Lamm covers his mouth as he coughs and it comes back covered in bloody phlegm which he flicks at Alistair - again missing pitifully.

"Fancy yerself a pretty boy, eh?! You won't be so pretty when ol' Gobblegut craps ya out tamarrah morn!"

Hand crossbow attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

PCs turn!


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Alistair looks back at the bolt as it flew past him and then down at the blood that Lamm flicked at him.
Bad form mon ami...bad form indeed
He steps forward, closing the distance and attacks with both weapons.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
I think I will makes this last a long time....A little poke here... a little poke there. Judging from the amount of blood you are coughing up, you will not last too much longer....ah poor old little Lammy....you are all alone now.


Female Human (Varisian) Tattooed Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Waiting for combat map to decide what to do.


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Sorry about that, I've been using Roll20, and you all are welcome to sign into that and I think you can control the tokens. Or if people prefer, Google Slides is popular and I can take some time to learn how to set those up. Either way, I will still try to post images of the map in a timely manner.

Combat map

Roll20 game if you want to view it there

Alistair manages a poke into Lamm's shoulder that does draw blood. Lamm's face twists up in rage at the well dressed swashbuckler.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

Garran grits his teeth as the gator lunges at him. This thing was an unnecessary distraction to his main goal - it was time to eliminate the distraction.

Attack, Power Attack, 2 Stamina Points: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 16
Damage, Power Attack: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13


Female Human (Varisian) Tattooed Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Edita casts a quick spell. She can barely control the magic energies as her voice sounds quite agitated and her hands are a bit shaky during the casting.

Grease on the intersection between Lamm, Gobblegut and the water. That way, only those two should be affected.

Snorey grabs the first dense thing he sees and throws it at Gobblegut.

attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Damage would probably be 1 point...


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 2 | HP: 8/17 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The moves up and lets loose another arrow at the horrid crocodile. "If I can take down the beast, there should be nothing standing between us and Lamm"


Move to the space behind Miveala
Fire at GobbleGut

Attack with melee penalty: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Updated map

Buncha rolls:

Gobblegut Reflex vs Grease DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Fall!
Lamm Reflex vs Grease DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Fall!

Mivaela dagger throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Miss

Gobblegut Acrobatics to stand DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Gobblegut bite attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Gobblegut tail slap attack: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Gobblegut tail slap damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Lamm Acrobatics to stand DC 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Lamm dagger attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 = 7

Garran's sword smashes deep into the gator's back as Edita's spell causes it to slip onto it's belly. Being so low to the ground, it goes manage to get back to it's feet and it's maw is nowhere near Garran, but it's tail crashes hard at Garran's legs, but Zellara's words echo in your mind and you will not be deterred and manage to leap at just the right moment for the tail to miss.

Snorey scurries over to the tables and begins throwing bottles, plates, and various other junk at Gobblegut. It is not particularly effective in injuring the gator, but certainly annoys it.

Lamm sneers at Alistair, but as the grease takes effect, does a hard face plant into the ground! Unfortunately, Mivaela's dagger then spins uselessly above him and barely misses Alistair. The wretched Lamm then tries getting back up, cursing and spitting, but one of his legs has a severe limp and he collapses down again.

Now laying on his stomach, beyond words and simply hissing, he pulls out his dagger and tries stabbing Alistair in the foot. However, it is feeble and pathetic as he barely even manages to scratch the wood.

PCs' turn! FYI: Gobblegut is AC 14 with only 3 hp left.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

Avoiding the Gator's tail slap, Garran grits his teeth and once again swings his sword at the beast.

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 7

Unfortunately the animal's thrashing managed to move it out of the way of Garran's sword.


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Alistair steps back as Lamm falls to the ground.
maybe he will surrender now. Jail time would be much worse for him.
As Lamm tries to stab at him, Alistair steps to the side and stabs him with both weapons.
I guess not

Good bye Mr. Lamm
Attack:Main: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Attack:Offhand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Human (Varisian) Tattooed Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Firing crossbow at Gobblegut:

firing into melee: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

...and reloading afterwards.

Seize Lamm! You will face justice now, old wretch!


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 2 | HP: 8/17 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The Oni knocks another arrow and lets it fly at the beast.

Ranged into Melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

The Oni's arrow skewers Gobblegut, finishing off the creature.

Lamm slithers on the ground, feebly failing to stab Alistair in the feet. Alistair easily steps out of the way, leans over, and casually stabs the wretch in the back twice, causing Lamm to screech in pain.

Mivaela slides deftly across the grease, her face twisted up in furious rage muttering under her breath, "Die-die-die-die." She stabs repeatedly at Lamm but just glances off of him - tearing his vest but failing to injure him.

Lamm tries again to stand and... face plants... hard. As Mivaela swings wildly trying to stab him, he turns and plunges his dagger into her chest. She stumbles back, hurt severely, but still conscious.

As Lamm continues to fail to stand, is increasingly surrounded, and seeing Gobblegut sink to the ground dead, his hissing and spit turns to a feeble whimper, punctuated by bloody coughs from a likely collapsed lung.

Mivaela Acrobatics DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Mivaela Dagger Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Lamm Acrobatics to stand DC 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Lamm dagger attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21
Lamm Dagger Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

All PCs are up! I think only Mivaela moved that round, so map is still accurate enough. There's only Lamm left, pitifully flailing around on the ground. :)


Female Human (Varisian) Tattooed Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Seize him. We should now give him to the watch of this wonderful city. He has to answer for his crimes. One evil less to spoil the Korvosans.

Sounded to me like combat is over, right? Otherwise I just cast Flare on Lamm.


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Alistair looks down at the man and gives him one more chance.
Shaking his head at Edita.
He is not coming quietly and I will not put myself or anyone else at risk for this man to see that it is over.

Looking down at Lamm
You are afraid of what will happen to you in prison, that may be the better punishment.

Lamm fights on:

Alistair strikes at Lamm again. Hoping to end this mans life so that others may rest in peace.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perception: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Lamm Surrenders:

Placing his weapon at his throat..
[b]There is some intelligence in you after all.
He makes sure the blade cuts a little as he keeps Lamm down.
[b]Your soul will be judged...but for now you will wait till that time comes. Always wondering who will be the first one to end your life. Good luck in prison.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

Garran hears Edita's plea to turn Lamm over to the watch, but he doesn't care. Lamm would just weasel his way out of any charges - the watch had proven incompetent in dealing with him previously. He came here to see Lamm dead, and he had every intention of doing so. Casting aside his shield, he takes his bastard sword in both hands and brings it down on the traitorous criminal.

Attack, Power Attack, target prone: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 + 4 = 26
Damage, Power Attack, two hands: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 2 | HP: 8/17 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Not sure if there is melee room or not

If there is a melee room next to Lamm:

With the gator dead, the Oni tosses aside his bow and draws his blades. "Justice will be done for you" he thinks to himself. To Lamm he growls, "Your murdering days are finished..."

Katana attack, target prone: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 4 = 24
damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5Precision damage if flanking: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Wakizashi attack, target prone: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 4 = 12
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6Precision damage if flanking: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Crit Confirm on Katana Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 4 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If there is not melee room next to Lamm:

With his pet dead, the Oni lines up a shot a Lamm. "For you Liliana"
Ranged attack against prone target in melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 - 4 = 3
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Gaedren Lamm is dead.

Between Alistair, Garran, and The Oni, there is little left recognizable of this wretched scourge of Korvosa. Silence falls across Lamm's den.

Searching around, this room is a disaster of trash and filth. On Lamm himself, the only thing that looks of any value is the remarkably shiny dagger that stands out against the rest of the mess. +1 dagger Among the tables is a darkwood coffer that might be of value, and inside are about 20 doses of shiver - a highly addictive drug Lamm and his crew sell.

There is also a locked door to a small room in the corner.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

Garran picks up his shield, then picks up the darkwood coffer and dumps the shiver in the water. "No sense holding onto that vile filth."

No key on Lamm for the door?


Female Human (Varisian) Tattooed Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Lamm did horrible things to all of us.

Taking justice in your own hands brings you one little step closer to the likes of him. This may have been justified, but it sure was not completely right.

Doesn't matter now. Our common task ends here. Let's gather anything, this cur has stolen. We will take the money, give some to his victims to give them a new start and keep a bounty to ourselves for defeating Lamm. We also deserve amendments for our past sufferinfg

Edita begins searching for valuables.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

Garran snorts. "Lamm's weaseled his way out of trouble with the Watch plenty of times before. All turning him over to them would have done was give him the chance to do it again, then come after us for revenge. I don't much fancy having to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life, waiting to catch him trying to stick a dagger in my back. This was justice - his punishment for all the lives he destroyed and the pain he caused."

Garran supposed some people in the world had to have high morals, but all they did in the streets was get in the way. That she hadn't learned that already showed a shocking amount of naivete.


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The Oni removes his mask and stares down at the corpse of Lamm. "Its finally over... She can rest now" Hearing the disagreement between his two companions, he adds his two cents. "I must agree with Garran. We don't know how many of the authorities were in his pocket. He may have been out as soon as he went in."


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Your sense of justice is understandable. I can sleep at night understanding what we did here was the correct action. Turning him over to a corrupt guard that will look the other way for a copper...that I could not live with.
Alistair prepares to collect what the group can and leave this place.
He knows that they still have to deal with the last surviving member of Lamm's crew but that can wait for a few more moments.
little step closer....if that is all it cost to protect innocent lives and to make this city a better place...than that is money well spent. I will gladly take those steps.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

If there's no key to the locked room, Garran will gesture to Kyoden and say, "Can you pick this lock?"


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"I believe so, give me a moment." Kyoden replies while heading toward the door.

Finesse to pick the lock: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

That is something I need to learn how to do. Would you be willing to teach me how you do that?


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"I can teach you what I know but I must say my skills may not be what I believed they were. Either that or Garam's locks were a bit tougher than most."


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

"Perhaps another try? If you are not able to pick the lock, we will see about breaking the door down." Garran could be patient. Lamm was dead - he had his revenge.


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kyoden nods at Garran and makes another attempt.
Pick lock with finesse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Your skill, rudimentary or master...is far better than mine. Since we have the time do you mind if I watch how you do this lock stuff?


CRIMSON THRONE: Table 1 Wiki, Maps, NPCs Table 2: Fishery Map, Harrow Points

Ok, let's give this a try and see if I can get us through the rest of Book 1, and if I lapse again, we can try to find a new GM. I am sorry to draw this out so long but have a better plan for the rest of Book 1.

Also, Lamm had 2 keys on him (ug, my bad!), but you picked the lock masterfully.

This foul-smelling room seems to be a combination bedroom and study. A wooden bed with a lumpy mattress is against the east wall, while a round table heaped with dirty plates, bread crusts, stained goblets, fruit rinds, and scuttling cockroaches sits nearby.

At the foot of the bed sits a large strongbox; a slightly rusted lock secures it and a moldy ledger with pages rippled from moisture sits atop its lid. A sagging dresser filled with moth-eaten clothes well past their glory days is in one corner.

What appears to be a wooden hatbox surrounded by a small cloud of flies sits atop this dresser.

Two children - a boy and a girl - lay on the floor, unconscious and wheezing with each gasping breath coming difficultly. There are no obvious signs of injury or illness (i.e. boils, rashes, etc.) but they are clearly not well and you fear for their lives. Healing helps stabilize the children somewhat, but unfortunately does not cure them or wake them.

Ledger:

This is a very detailed ledger that appears to be written in some sort of code. If someone spends some time with it, they might be able to decipher, but it will take more than a passing glance to sort it out.

Strongbox (which one of the keys opens):

Inside the strongbox are an odd assortment of valuables that Lamm has collected and individually wrapped in cloth tied shut with twine:

  • narrow teak cigar case inlaid with bits of jade (25 gp)
  • 2 pound gold ingot bearing the Cheliax coat of arms (100 gp)
  • miniature gold crown (350 gp)
  • fist-sized scrimshaw carving of a kraken with garnets for eyes (200 gp)
  • a silver ring of ornate design that Alistair recognizes as his sister's
  • a tree carved of jade inscribed "Kyoden, my love for you is eternal. Liliana"
  • a highly realistic and highly scandalous ivory figurine of two entwined succubi (450 gp)
  • masterwork shuriken
  • adamantine arrowhead
  • glass tube containing a dose of oil of keen edge
  • masterwork dagger with a strange blade shaped almost like a key with the inscription "For an inspiration of a father" (750 gp)
  • abalone-shell holy symbol of Shelyn (300 gp)
  • obsidian wand of magic missle (23 charges)
  • bejeweled brooch with a broken clasp (???? gp but looks FAR more valuable than the rest of the stuff)

Hatbox:

The fly covered hatbox contains the head of Zellara who sent you to this location! It is weeks old and poorly preserved. Underneath is a smaller wooden box that contains a very old, but high quality Harrow Deck.


Male Human Fighter 9 | AC 26 29, T 14, FF 24 27 | HP 85/85 | Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9 | Init +2 (+4 with bastard sword drawn) | Perception +11 | Stamina 11/11

Garran looks at the children and says, "I don't know much about sickness. Could anyone take a look and see if they can figure out what's wrong with them?"

He then moves over to the hatbox and waves the flies away before opening it and letting out a cry of surprise. "Zellara - the woman who sent us here - she was a ghost! Her head is in here, and by the look and smell of things, has been for weeks." Examining the smaller wooden box inside it, he snorts at the sight of the Harrow cards and points the box towards Edita. "Here - these look to be fairly high quality, and I believe the Varisian people put great stock in them."


Male NG Vigilante (Teisatsu) 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 17 (14 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 15 | F: +1, R: +6, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

As they go through the strongbox, Kyoden finds a small jade tree. His fingers gently brush over the details like it is the most fragile and important thing in the world. Tears flow unbidden from his eyes. "Why did he have to take her from me? Was it for this? Perhaps I will never know but at least now you have justice."

So lost in his own thoughts, Kyoden doesn't hear what Garran has to say until he hears the word ghost. At that moment Kyoden snaps out of his thoughts and his eyes immediately focus on the hat box. "How is that possible?!?" he exclaims in shock.


Male HP:76/76 AC:30 T:20 FF:21 F:+8 R:+14 W:+7 Perc:+12 Init:+10 Swashbucklers Rapier +19, 1d6+10 CMB:+9 CMD:+25 Human Swashbuckler 9 (Inspired Blade)

Alistair picks up the ring and looks at it from every angel. He holds the ring up to a ring on his right hand. They are identical. He then places the ring on his left hand and stares again at the new ring.
You are free...rest now Alicia...

Alistair is lost in his own thoughts and does not hear nor notices and movement from the others. What am I to do now....Lamm is dead but my sister is still gone. Where do I go from here.

201 to 250 of 310 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM CM's CotCT Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.