Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


15,501 to 15,550 of 17,396 << first < prev | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | next > last >>

Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

LOL, Aren't we all? ;)

Works for me. Maybe put Sophi & Ramuah one on each of the first 2 shifts? To balance it out?

Justin nods his agreement to Karrin's list of watches, and pull shis bedroll out of his magical backpack.

Then he does his best to figure out how to make sleeping on shards of crystal comfortable.

Fortunately, the days' trek has made him so tired it doesn't take too long for him to drift off.


Bribes always welcome

3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) = 9

The ‘night’ passes uneventfully, and after a restless sleep, Rovuk wakens the party with camp kaveh and bowls of oatmeal. After a hurried breakfast and a spate of requests from party members for Justin to magically clean them, they began off again. Before they rested, Mel had fixed Blayze’s minor cuts and scrapes, nothing but a few aches remained of the incident

When you need to travel a long distance in a really short time you need a montage ....

The next days began much the same. The way grew more difficult, at the path started to go more vertical. They saw countless wonders: a cave full of blue cubical fluorite nodules , a vertical shaft of orange citrine crystals, swirling intertwined veins of copper, gold, and silver tracing a spaghetti path through a quartz matrix tunnel.

I’m going to assume everyone takes their time, so I won’t ask for a bunch of climb checks, but for this part of the journey I’ll need one DC 15 climb check to signify the random factor.

Every ‘night’ Rovuk manages to lead them to a cave they could bunk down in.

21d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1, 4, 2, 6, 1, 4, 2, 2, 1, 6, 3, 6, 1, 1, 4, 1, 6, 5, 5) = 66

At the eighth day of travel, the group is entering an area where the caves are getting bigger and brighter. There’s almost a crystal biome of a sort, with moss-looking crystals growing on rock surfaces, and strange crystalline tubes with red petal-like structures clustered here and there.

They are traversing one of these large caves when a group of xorn emerge from large stalagmites all about them. The trilateral creatures are dressed in strange clothing, and several carry weapons or wands. They arrange themselves in a circle and one calls out in a voice like shifting boulders

Intruders. You are prisoners of the Xorn Collective. Discard all items you carry and you will not be slain


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

"Well it was a good run while it lasted," Karrin says to her axe, "But I guess we got to solve this your way now."


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Climb check. Take 10 = 20.

Blades already in hand, Hamar looks to Rovuk before taking any action. Certainly, the circular array of the foes lends itself to the Barbarian/Scouts fighting style...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

I forgot to mention this, but for future climb checks Karrin will help others with the Aid Other ability, Karrin can do this automatically, and for anyone that needs it it'll give a +2 for future climb checks. That should allow Blaze to succeed with a take 10 on future climb checks.


Bribes always welcome

Yeah I had assumed people had taken 10/20 as needed the eight days you traveled, of which half was some sort of climbing. That one DC 15 check was to signify the random factor. No one is always 100% safe in a situation, and the climb check was just to pay homage to the random factor. It is one roll for eight days of perilous climbs


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

Karrin doesn't need to roll, she gets a 16 on a roll of 1, so with a take 10 she's got 25.


Female catfolk sorceror 11

"Woah woah how are we trespassing." Merle yelling while she takes stock of how many Xorns there are.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

I posted this once and it got ate,... ;P

Climb Check: 1d20 ⇒ 5
PLUS 2 for Karrin's Aid Another,... total of 7, even with Take 10 I only get a 12. After THIS trip, Justin aint going ANYwhere without an 'Overland Flight' spell prepared and cast! ;P The GOOD news? Justin's boots can negate the damage if it isn't too far, and can minimize it if it is too far. (Cat Boots) ;)

Justin blinks as the Xorns surround them.

Dad-gummed goggles. Between them, the constant bright light, and over a week of bone-wearying travel, and no 'unexpected encounters', He had gotten sloppy. Tired, and sloppy.

Karrin wrote:
"Well it was a good run while it lasted," Karrin says to her axe, "But I guess we got to solve this your way now."

Justin pursed his lips. He HOPED not. But if she was right, (And history indicated that she probably was), he was glad that she, and her axe, were on HIS side.

"Excuse me?!" Justin pipes up.

"You mean that you wish to surrender to us? Oh very well, if you insist. We accept the surrender of the Xorn collective and your conditions. You may drop your belongings and leave with your lives."

Justin idly waved one hand in a bored, 'Hurry this along' gesture.

"Come along. Drop your toys and go. We don't have ALL planar cycle!"

Yes, Justin is stalling. And trying to see how many of the Xorn are carrying tools of the magic-wielder persuasion.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Bribes always welcome

There are six of them and two carry wands

On second thought, the climb checks are more of a pain than anything else. You folks are high enough level that I’m not going to bother with that anymore.

At this point, I am going to adjucate that Ramuah and Sophi didn’t come on this journey. They stayed behind to wait to go to Erelhi-Cinlu. If there’s no further word from them then I’ll write them from the narrative


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

LOL, yeah, easy enough to add flavor and tension when we at the same table. Not quite the same in this format. :)

Oh I hope you hear from them soon. They probably buried under insanity like we all are. :)

OK< so before Justin opens his mouth (anymore) How many of us ARE there then? For certain? I think, Justin, Karrin, Merle, Hamar, Alessia & Blayze yes?


Bribes always welcome

And your healerbot Mel


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Hamar of the Hyena Tribe wrote:
Blades already in hand, Hamar looks to Rovuk before taking any action. Certainly, the circular array of the foes lends itself to the Barbarian/Scouts fighting style...

Alessia also keeps an eye on the developing situation, shield gripped tightly in hand, positioning herself so that she might inflict maximum casualties if it comes to it.

"Why are they talking? They are always talking..." she mutters to herself.

Meat shield (meatless shield?) is positioned and ready to draw fire.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
And your healerbot Mel

OH YES! And the squishy caster's best friend NEXT to the meat shields, the HEALER! ;)


Bribes always welcome

Its hard to read expressions on the odd creatures, but the two with wands in their hands move to touch the beweaponed ones next to them
Roll initiative !
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

Blayze's eyes narrow at the threat, as her stance shifts ever so slightly to the balls of her feet, arms loosely at her sides as she takes in their opponents.

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Female catfolk sorceror 11

Init 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


I did a thing!


Bribes always welcome

Xorn Brawl Intro

Hamar:21
Justin:18
Merle:17
Xorn:16
Karrin:
Alessia:12
Blayze:11
Mel:7

Post your actions and we will go from there


Female catfolk sorceror 11

Merle starts by casting haste on the group


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Cartographer Monkey wrote:
I did a thing!

Any way to zoom in on that?


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

I thought we were had group initiative, one roll for the entire party.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:

I thought we were had group initiative, one roll for the entire party.

[dice=Initiative]1d20+3

We used to, but then everyone seemed to want to do their own. I’m neutral about it, if anyone has any strong thoughts about it, we can discuss it in OOC


Bribes always welcome
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Cartographer Monkey wrote:
I did a thing!
Any way to zoom in on that?

There should be. When I made it, it was fairly large


Bribes always welcome

Xorn Brawl Intro

Rovuk: 23
Hamar:21
Justin:18
Merle:17
Xorn:16
Alessia:12
Blayze:11
Karrin: 8
Mel:7

Almost forgot Rovuk

Rovuk brings his bow to bear, shooting at the wand-Weilder to his left G23

arrow: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 341d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (4) = 14

arrow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (2) = 13

arrow: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 341d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (5) = 16

Despite the stalagmite partially blocking his shot, two of the arrows hit the creature, and they seem to flash as they touch the Xorn’s stony hide

“CASTERS! Force magic is best! Don’t use frost or flame!” He yells


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Let's say I'm in K13
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Sophie scowls at the Xorn that appear around then an swiftly calls Sophie's Choice to her hand, raises it and fires two shots in quick succession at the closest enemy.

Swift Action: Call Sophie's Choice to her hand
Standard Action: First Shot at the Xorn in J8: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Second Shot at the Xorn in J8: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
First Shot Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Second Shot Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Round 1

NO confusion magic. No single enemy. A group spread out. The Barbarian grins at the carnage he will wreak.

Activate Boots of Speed for Haste increase movement 30', 1 extra attack, and +1 Attack and +1 bonus to AC and Reflex Save. Current AC = 23 (Skirmish + Haste). Hamar's movement is now 85'. Activate Unfettered Short for Freedom of Movement. Begin the Dervish Dance. Note that with Wind Stance I gain 20% chance concealment and all raged attacks for Round 1.

Hamar charges at the first foe a literal blur of movement, blades and body spinning.

Acrobatics to Move at and through threatened squares for G23 - 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32

Attack #1 vs. G23 - Keen, Planar (Ignore 5 Points of DR to Outsiders) Scimitar 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 19 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (1, 5) + 2 = 16

Acrobatics to Move at and through threatened squares for H23 - 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26

Attack #2 vs. H23 - Vorpal Scimitar 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 30 - Damage 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (5, 5) + 2 = 20

Attack #3 vs. Q23 - Keen, Planar (Ignore 5 Points of DR to Outsiders) Scimitar 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 24 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (3, 2) + 2 = 13

Attack #4 vs. Q23 - Vorpal Scimitar 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 21 - Damage 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Attack #5 (Hasted) vs. Q23 Vorpal Scimitar 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 36 - Damage 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Critical? 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 27 If he had a head and that's a hit, he does not have it anymore...

Not sure if the squares are 5' or 10'. Regardless, Hamar will charge at and attack G23 first, H23 2nd and with any remaining movement move towards Q23 and complete by extra attacks vs. him. If they are 5' squares I will remain in front of Q23 at the end of my actions, I will assign my entire Dodge Bonus to AC +2 to him so AC vs, him is 25. If they are 10' squares, I will split my attacks between G23 and H23 moving in a circular dancing pattern around them, kind of like the flash :-).


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Cartographer Monkey wrote:
I did a thing!

YES you did! THX!:)

Justin's Self-preservation instincts kick in, high-wired nerves kicking into high gear,...
Just an eyeblink slower than their guide, Hamar, and Sophie. Those three moving almost in unison as they explode into action. Rovuk and Sophie unleash their respective weapons as Hamar turns into a veritable whirlwind of bladed death.

"Yup. THIS is what we do best!' Justin smirks.

Rovuk wrote:
“CASTERS! Force magic is best! Don’t use frost or flame!” He yells.

"Aw, FertheLuvuv,... REALLY?!?!

Justin glances from the Xorn to Rovuk, not sure whom to be more offended by at the moment.

Justin flips back the side of his coat, clearing the bandolier across his chest and the ornate quiver hanging from it at his hip. As his hand passes over the quiver, an object leaps from it into the wizard's hand as if of it's own accord.

Justin levels the object towards the Xorn. It is a length of charred wood, a little thicker than his thumb, and almost a foot and a half in length. It is covered in crude yet elegant carvings of arcane symbols, and the entire device is magically polished to a beautiful shine.

Justin levels the rod over the shoulders of Mel and Karrin, at the pair of Xorn he can see past them.

"Rassin Frassin Friggin, Fireproof,... FORZARE!"

The tip of the rod glows blue, the gold stars on the knuckles of his gloves flash, and a rapid volley of 6 blazing blue bolts of force zip across the rocky terrain to unerringly zero in on the wand wielder standing by the stalagmite,...
EDIT- Targeting the Wand wielder at G22

Cast Magic missile, intensified, Meta magic School focus (reduces level required by Feat by -1), caster gloves, ALL total = 6 magic missiles plus dmg from Wizard ability, yadda yadda,

6d4 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 2, 1, 3) + 6 + 5 = 23

"Hey Mel, trade me places fer a minute will ya?" Justin calmly asks the Armored Cleric.
Trade places with Mel, so 5' step to L16 when Mel moves.


Bribes always welcome

Both of Sophi’s shots hit the creature and wound it. Justin’s magic missiles strike true as well, hurting the creature badly


Bribes always welcome

The squares are 5’. I just spent half an hour trying to figure out if a Xorn could be decapitated. I got no satisfaction on that count. However, because it’s such a rare event, I’m going to DM rule you can .

Hamar begins his deadly dance, his muscles rippling as he whirls through the gem-strewn cave, his blades working a steel tornado of death.

His first cut G23 clangs off the stony skin of the creature. He pivots to his next target H23 and one blow finds it’s mark, a spray of pebbles marking a deep cut

Hamar whirls with magically-assisted speed and the grace of a lifetime of battle. His third target Q21 brings its three stone clubs in a tent-like defensive maneuver above its odd fanged mouth. It blocks the first two cuts, but Hamar’s final blow inscribes a slash that tops the creature as neatly as slicing off the top of a carrot. The Xorn spasms and collapses


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2

Noting the presence of at least one vulnerable spellcaster (Merle), and that it would not be in her best interest to displease her companions by letting said spellcaster die, Alessia takes a step forward. As she plants herself immovably in place, she bashes her sword against her shield and lets forth an unearthly screech, daring the nearest attackers to come within striking distance.

5-foot step to O17, Intimidate to demoralize xorns at Q21 and R22, then hold attack until any targets come into close range.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


Bribes always welcome

Xorns at Q21 and R22 are shaken for one round

Alessia's unearthly screech seems to unnerve the stony creatures


Bribes always welcome

Note the shaken condition will only come into effect when their turn is over

The Xorn near Hamar points a stone wand at him. Suddenly an explosion of sparkling, stinging dust clouds his vision

Glitterdust. Will save or blinded. New will save every round to unblind

The wand-wielder hit by Rovuk and Justin hits his companion with a wand, then moves behind the stalagmite and melds into it F21 and effectively invisible. His companion races over to Rovuk with alacrity and bites him twice with his gaping maw. Now M22

Xorn Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 324d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1, 1, 2) + 3 = 13
Xorn Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 314d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 5) + 3 = 18

Rovuk's torso is ripped by the Xorn's flashing fangs

The Xorn Sophi shot J8 lumbers over to her J12 and attempts a bite of his own, its triple clubs whirling in a complex dance

Xorn Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 274d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 6) + 3 = 16

Sophi feels a stinging pain as the bite finds its mark

The final Xorn moves to the assembled party O14. It manages to just reach Merle, and takes a bite

Xorn Bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 234d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 5) + 3 = 15

The bite hits, giving Merle a painful wound


Bribes always welcome

Xorn Brawl Intro

Rovuk: 23 [ranged atk]
Sophi: 22 [ranged atk]
Hamar:21 [whirlwind atk]
Justin:18 [magic missile]
Merle:17 [haste]
Xorn:16 [atks]
Alessia:12 [screech & hold]
Blayze:11 [pending]
Karrin: 8 [pending]
Mel:7 [spiritual weapon]

Mel begins chanting and waving his large mace over his head. a glowing simulacrum of his weapon begins to materialize. He points at the Xorn attacking Merle and it zips over

Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 321d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

It seems to do some damage to it

Mel moves up to stand with Sophi


New Map


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

I'll post my next round action now while we wait for Blayze & Karrin

Hissing in pain, Sophie's Folly appears suddenly in her free hand. She lashes out with it at the wounded creature before her, hoping that her new ally will quickly follow suit and together they can deal with their foe swiftly.

Swift Action: Call Sophie's Folly to her hand
Full Round Action Attck the Xorn in J12
First Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Second Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
First Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Second Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
I forgot to mention on her last post that both her weapons ignore the first 5 points of an Outsider's DR


Male Shadow Drake

Feeling his mistress' pain, Erebus' head suddenly snakes out from her shoulder and darts in at the Xorn before them.

First Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Second Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
First Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Second Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


AC: 28 INIT: +4 F:7 R:3 W:7 Perception +17 hP 76 [28] Human (Oerthian-Suel) Cleric 10

Mel grins at Sophi as they square off against the Xorn.

"Well, not my usual foe, but let's see what they are made of, shall we?"


Bribes always welcome

Mel’s spiritual weapon gets a really good smack in

Spiritual weapon crit confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

"Alessia, protect Merle!" Karrin shouts as she charges the last lone xorn.

Karrin casts swift flight. She charges to the xorn attacking with all her might:

Power attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
damage: 1d12 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 17 + (6) = 29


Bribes always welcome

Karrin if you are talking about the lone Xorn in F21, it has melded into the stalagmite. That representation is only a guesstimate of where it is, they can travel through stone. Either way, you cannot see it anymore. If it is another Xorn, let me know


Female catfolk sorceror 11

Merle lets out a hiss of pain at the bite and backs away slightly using a scroll to cast a spell on the Xorn that bit her five foot step away and scroll of suffocation for a dc 20 fort save or start suffocating


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Karrin if you are talking about the lone Xorn in F21, it has melded into the stalagmite. That representation is only a guesstimate of where it is, they can travel through stone. Either way, you cannot see it anymore. If it is another Xorn, let me know

Ahh, no targets for Karrin then. Karrin will hold her actions until it reappears.


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Round 2

Glitterdust - Will save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27. The Barbarian closes his eyes and steps through the glittering cloud to attack his foe!

Hamar will step forward 5' and attacking the one nearest him first.

Attack #1 vs. R22 - Keen, Planar (Ignore 5 Points of DR to Outsiders) Scimitar 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 24 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7

He then tumbles away from the foe and through the cloud, racing back north to attack the next in "his" line. Acrobatics to withdraw from the threatened square 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36

Hamar slices at M22 the next foe.

Attack #2 vs. M22 - Vorpal Scimitar 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 27 - Damage 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (1, 3) + 2 = 13

He then tumbles to the west and rolls back up to his feet charging at the foe facing Merle O14. Acrobatics to withdraw from the threatened square 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (20) + 23 = 43

His wall of blades cuts at the foe as he realizes he cannot get back to another foe during this "sequence".

Attack #3 vs. O14 - Keen, Planar (Ignore 5 Points of DR to Outsiders) Scimitar 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 22 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (4, 5) + 2 = 17

Attack #4 vs. O14 - Vorpal Scimitar 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 29 - Damage 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Critical? 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 25 - Damage 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

Attack #5 (Hasted) vs. O14 Vorpal Scimitar 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 29 - Damage 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

A couple more 20s but not on the right rolls...


Bribes always welcome

Sadly only a vorpal on a natty 20, but a normal crit in the 18 range

Hamar whirls around the cave again, his scimitars singing a steel poem of woe. His slashes leave jagged holes in the three Xorn he attacks


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Karrin Kind wrote:
"Alessia, protect Merle!" Karrin shouts as she charges the last lone xorn.

Ah, the artificiality of turn-based combat...

As the xorn in the opposite direction moves within range to bite Merle, Alessia rushes the creature. At the last second, she pivots, lowering her shield to screen the sorcerer while at the same time delivering a brutal downward slice with her blade.

Move to O15, then single attack

+2 keen furyborn bastard sword: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 + energy drain


Bribes always welcome

Thats a crit threat, right?

Alessia’s blade drinks deep of whatever essence powers the elemental creature. It moans, a sound like creaking stones. Her shield pivots to shield Merle from any further attack

What does your sword look like anyway? Is it plain, or more of a baroque Stormbringer soul-drinking vibe?

15,501 to 15,550 of 17,396 << first < prev | 306 | 307 | 308 | 309 | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.