Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


851 to 900 of 3,840 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Flash:

Spoiler:
I do get it, and I have the PDFs handy. I know about the Ioun stones and I will peruse the instrument article

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Patrick Curtin wrote:

Flash:

Spoiler:
I will peruse the instrument article

Pat:

Spoiler:

I fixed up the costing for the Armour Slip and had a sh!tload of cash left over (1,250gp, the cost difference between pluses is huge).
I was anticipating you allowing me to use the Magical Instruments article and so spent most of it on making her Lyre +1. She couldn't do it herself (according to the article you have to have a Caster Level 3x the Enhancement Bonus; luckily not for Enhancement Abilities, phew) and so had to pay full price.
The rest I ate up in some Potions of Shield, since her AC is less now.
If you don't like those Rules, just let me know and I'll probably just buy either a Cloak of Resistance or a Wand and some extra Potions.


Male(s) 27 Ducks in a James suit Duck 27/ Expert 5

Hey, Patrick. I remember you had mentioned you have the Expedition to the Demon Web Pits adventure; what do you think of the Jaunter PrC in the back? It's a way off, but I think Isaac could qualify in like 2 levels, assuming his next one is ranger.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
James Keegan wrote:
Hey, Patrick. I remember you had mentioned you have the Expedition to the Demon Web Pits adventure; what do you think of the Jaunter PrC in the back? It's a way off, but I think Isaac could qualify in like 2 levels, assuming his next one is ranger.

I just skimmed it, it could actually be beneficial when it comes to travelling. Do you remember the PrC that was all about portals? I can't remember which splat it was in ...


Male(s) 27 Ducks in a James suit Duck 27/ Expert 5
Patrick Curtin wrote:
James Keegan wrote:
Hey, Patrick. I remember you had mentioned you have the Expedition to the Demon Web Pits adventure; what do you think of the Jaunter PrC in the back? It's a way off, but I think Isaac could qualify in like 2 levels, assuming his next one is ranger.
I just skimmed it, it could actually be beneficial when it comes to travelling. Do you remember the PrC that was all about portals? I can't remember which splat it was in ...

I could check the Manual of the Planes; I seem to remember one called the Gatecrasher or something.

I like the Jaunter because I can switch myself and someone else, like a caster or a wounded fighter that gets in a bad situation.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
James Keegan wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
James Keegan wrote:
Hey, Patrick. I remember you had mentioned you have the Expedition to the Demon Web Pits adventure; what do you think of the Jaunter PrC in the back? It's a way off, but I think Isaac could qualify in like 2 levels, assuming his next one is ranger.
I just skimmed it, it could actually be beneficial when it comes to travelling. Do you remember the PrC that was all about portals? I can't remember which splat it was in ...

I could check the Manual of the Planes; I seem to remember one called the Gatecrasher or something.

I like the Jaunter because I can switch myself and someone else, like a caster or a wounded fighter that gets in a bad situation.

works for me, if you want to roll with it, I've got the book, so feel free!


Human Wiz 10

Hey Pat,
I (finally) finished up with Justin's magic items.
I took (over)-advantage of the 'enchant-your-bonded-item-as-if-you-had-the-feat' ability.
(Since you can enchant your bonded item at half normal cost) So I made my amulet my enhancer for my powerful spells (Empowered spellshards) I did the math on everything I bought, I may have to lose the masterwork morningstar, but that's fine if so.

If you have a problem with anything, let me know.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Here you go Pat, just for you. =)

Hanali Hal'Oight Colour


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Justin Case wrote:

Hey Pat,

I (finally) finished up with Justin's magic items.
I took (over)-advantage of the 'enchant-your-bonded-item-as-if-you-had-the-feat' ability.
(Since you can enchant your bonded item at half normal cost) So I made my amulet my enhancer for my powerful spells (Empowered spellshards) I did the math on everything I bought, I may have to lose the masterwork morningstar, but that's fine if so.

If you have a problem with anything, let me know.

I'll look it over, but I'm pretty laissez faire about how people want to set up their characters. Munchkinism just makes me up the encounter difficulty.. :)


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
flash_cxxi wrote:

Here you go Pat, just for you. =)

Hanali Hal'Oight Colour

Sweet. Paris Hilton with brains and monk training! (and no 'tude).


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Hey Kruelaid. You had mentioned that RL was kicking your hiney and that that plane crash had really hit your company. Do you want me to write out Eir for the moment? You are done investigating for now, and I don't want to drag Eir along if you can't participate.


Patrick Curtin wrote:

I'll look it over, but I'm pretty laissez faire about how people want to set up their characters. Munchkinism just makes me up the encounter difficulty.. :)

Hehe,.. Sound fair to me! :)

Actually, I was looking at the 'Empowered SpellShards' in the Magic Item Compendium, I feel they are priced pretty well. Particularly considering they are attuned to one spell only. The average game would allow the average caster to buy one on the level after he gained the ability to cast a spell. But they are usable 3/day. Most casters (at least that I've seen) don''t usually mem even their most powerful spell more than twice. I'm just wondering how they arrived at the specs they did.

Just thinking,... Trying to make sense of how they balanced things. Sometimes it makes perfect sense, sometimes it don't. ;P


flash_cxxi wrote:

Here you go Pat, just for you. =)

Hanali Hal'Oight Colour

Nice work! :)


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Experiencing ramp up of RL, will get on when I can. Stay tuned.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Just something silly I knocked up for Bethany, based off today's encounter.

Lady Bethany's Footbow


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Nice Flash!


IT LIIIIIIVES!


Kruelaid wrote:
IT LIIIIIIVES!

YAY!!!

(Everybody say it with me now,...)

HEY! KRUELAID! :)

Heh. Welcome back dude. ;)


OH YEAHHHH!


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Welcome back K. Oh and for the waitarounds. You can always go exploring the Great Bazaar, it is pretty close to the inn.....


Male Human Sorceror (Stormborn) 18

Wow the thread moves fast.

Sovereign Court

Male hu-man Paladin

It sure is! I hope no one on Karrin's team is feeling left behind. I sure could have used your Warlock's help with the intimidation there Mark. Luckily Karrin was blessed with good rolls though


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Sorry about that folks. If it going to fast for people just give me a holler.


Male(s) 27 Ducks in a James suit Duck 27/ Expert 5

So, I'm playing Isaac and I'm a neophyte fantasy illustrator by night/production artist by day and I just finished a sketch of Patrick's modron, O.L.L.I and I thought I would share it here, since it's gotten a pretty good response so far.

I'm enjoying the game so far, even if I haven't had a chance to RP with all of you yet.

Sovereign Court

Male hu-man Paladin

That's great James, Karrin and O.L.L.I. are friend and still meet and talk over at the World Serpent Inn, but the friendly modren hasn't made an appearance in this game yet (although I'm certain Karrin has mentioned him from time to time).


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Guy Humual wrote:
That's great James, Karrin and O.L.L.I. are friend and still meet and talk over at the World Serpent Inn, but the friendly modren hasn't made an appearance in this game yet (although I'm certain Karrin has mentioned him from time to time).

He's around if you need to go to the library for research ...


sorry been so long guys. Busy weekend. I'm back. for a day or two at least. ;P

Sovereign Court

Male hu-man Paladin

So Kruelaid are you back for good now? Because Karrin wants to ask a favor from Eir concerning a certain devil and Eir is currently the only one Karrin trusts. Also Karrin believes that she and Eir are good friends.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Pat:

Spoiler:

I noticed over in Moth's LoF Discussion Thread that you hate to stat stuff up. If you ever want anything done I would be happy to help out. Give me an outline of what you want and I'll do the crunch work for you. I love that kinda thing. Man I just love making characters in general. The more far out the better.
Note: I do not mean Uber of Munchkin either. I make them to suit a flavour and most of my character are multi-class simply because it fits. I have had more characters die in our Pen & Paper game than any other player, but I've loved every character I've made.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

FLASH:

Spoiler:
Dude, I would LOVE that! I am a putz when it comes to the rules, and I always forget something. Yet, I love being the DM and telling an interesting story. I'll give you your first assignment: Lorne, owner of Caritas. You most likely won't face him, but I'd like to have some stats on him in case something goes awry. I think of him as a Half-fey demon, possible from a layer of the Abyss with connections to the Unseelie. He is a Bard, say in the 10th level range. I'm not sure how to emulate the empathic oracle powers he had in Angel

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

No Problemo.
I'll figure something out. ;)

EDIT:

Spoiler:

I've been looking at some stuff and I was thinking of maybe starting with a Tiefling and adding on the Half-Fey Template (or Template Levels). That was we don't get a crapload of +LAs before we actually get to his Bard Levels.
Do you want him to be Level 10 including his +LAs (so probably about a 7 Bard), or a 10 Bard, then his (probably) +3LAs?
Also (sorry for the bother) would you like me to just make up stats, or build using Point Buy (I prefer to Build using Point Buy for NPCs, but I'll go with your wishes). If Point Buy, how many: 20 or 25 (I usually lean on 25 for a Major NPC, 20 for a Minor and 15 for a Casual)?
Also, how would you be with me just throwing something in for his Oracle Powers? The Half-Fey Template include Wings, so I was thinking of ditching them and replacing them with... something as yet to be determined for said Oracle Power.
I think that should be it for now.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Flash:

Spoiler:
I'd say stick with the 10th Bard. His LA really doesn't matter, I just want some stats on hand if there is ever a fracas at the bar. As for the oracle thingie, yeah, whatever you can come up with to emulate the power is fine with me. Stats too, use whatever method you see fit, but remember he is very charismatic, and his CHA score should reflect that. Also, his Perform should be in singing ... As for the wings, ditch them. I want a character as faithful to the original Lorne as I can get and that don't include wings

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Pat:

Spoiler:

Excellent.
I already have his level Progression plotted and it is just a matter of filling in the blanks. I have chosen some Feats from WotC Complete Books as well, but will include the Stats for them as part of the Package I send to you.
Just one last thing. What would be your stance on adding in one or more levels of the Virtuoso PrC from Complete Adventurer. I am still toying with the idea. I have proceeded with Bard, but if you like I can do him up with some Virtuoso as well and let you choose which one you like better.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
flash_cxxi wrote:

Pat:

** spoiler omitted **

Flash:

Spoiler:
Virtuoso sounds good. Try it!

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Pat:

Spoiler:

OK, he's pretty much done except for Spells. Do you want to choose them, or do you want me to? I don't mind doing it, I just thought it would be something you might want to have a bit more input into.
I gave him some Magic Items according to the Wealth by Level Chart, but if you don't like them feel free to abuse and discard to your heart's content (just be aware about altering skills to reflect these changes as some items buff).
I haven't fully finalised his Oracle Powers yet, but I am working on it.
Once I hear back from you about Spells I will finish the Sheet and Post it to you. I'll have to write out his abilities (or at the least give you Page References, judging from your Bookcase I assume you have most if not all of the Complete Books which is where any non-PFRPG Beta stuff is from).
Cheers :)


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Flash:

Spoiler:
By all means stat out his spells. Considering he owns the bar he would probably focus on disabling/charming kinds of spells rather than raw firepower. Thanks again, and I will keep you in mind if I need anything statted.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Pat:

Spoiler:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking for spell choices.
Just one last question: I was gonna go with the Cure Spells (you know, helpful kind soul that he is and all), but if you don't think they fit then give me the word.
Man he has some serious Charisma based Sh!t!!!


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Flash:

Spoiler:
Considering his clientele I'm sure he has a curing spell or two up his well-dressed sleve. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

EDIT:

Spoiler:
If you want a bit of fun you can also think up some stats for Polorous the two-headed tiefling bouncer. He's a tiefling of Molydeus descent (they're in the Hordes of the Abyss book if you have access). Pure tank class like fighter or barbarian, his snake head has some sort of nasty poison, carries all sorts of stun weapons, tanglefoot bags, etc. If you feel like it..

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Pat:

Spoiler:

I'll give Polourous a shot. Why not... I enjoy a good challenge. :)


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Flash:

Spoiler:
Excellent! Looking at the Molydeus entry the snake head has con draining poison, and can operate independently of the rest of Polorus. I am thinking he is about the same power level as Lorne, so about 10th or so with standard wealth and weapons

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Pat:

Spoiler:

Cool!
I am just putting the finishing touches on Lorne right this second (well around writing this that is).
Check your e-mail Inbox in about 15 minutes. ;)
Oh and do you have Office 2007? Or do I need to send stuff in 2003 format?


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Flash:

Spoiler:
I got the 2007. I have to sign out though, getting late on this end. Take care man

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Pat:

Check your Inbox Bossman! You have presents. :)

Let me know if you want anything changed or clarified.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Guh, apologies for my absences. I have a lot of yardwork and a lot of housework and a lot of workwork.. I will try to update soon..

Flash: Perused the stuff you sent ...BRILLIANT!

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Patrick Curtin wrote:
Flash: Perused the stuff you sent ...BRILLIANT!

=D

Glad you liked it. As I said, feel free to fiddle with anything you think doesn't quite fit the Character. I built him as I saw him, but sometimes different people see the same thing in totally different ways!

Spoiler:

I've almost finished Polorus. Just got Skills & Equipment left (and a bit of fiddling with Special Abilities to fit his 1/2 Molydeus Heritage). He ended up being 11th level in the end, which I think suits, as Lorne turned out at 12th (don't wanna be more powerful than the Boss). :)
Got a lot of work later today (and Vampire [cards] tonite), but I'm loading software onto a PC for the next hour, so I'll try and get it done then. Otherwise it will be the weekend sometime. :)
heh, heh. Here's a simple Character I knocked up from scratch in about 2 hrs last night. Cordelia Crichton


Male(s) 27 Ducks in a James suit Duck 27/ Expert 5

Hey, Patrick, sorry if I took things into my own hands in the bar. Just wanted to get back and keep things moving.

Would it be okay if I switched out one of Isaac's feats? I think the archery combat style was a poor fit and I'd like to go for two weapon fighting instead for the ranger combat style.

The Exchange

Female Human(ish) DM 1 / Housewife 1 / Zany RPer 3

Hi guys, sorry I've been so quiet. I've been quite unwell and had a trip to the doctors and my husband has been really bad - he's injured his back and as such I'm helping him a lot and tend not to have the time to sit and work on a good post. Today is our wedding anniversary and we have a trip to the doctors planned to get the wound looked at whilst we await an appointment for him to have surgery. We are having dire luck this year!

I promise to get back to posting asap!


Male(s) 27 Ducks in a James suit Duck 27/ Expert 5
Kayos. wrote:

Hi guys, sorry I've been so quiet. I've been quite unwell and had a trip to the doctors and my husband has been really bad - he's injured his back and as such I'm helping him a lot and tend not to have the time to sit and work on a good post. Today is our wedding anniversary and we have a trip to the doctors planned to get the wound looked at whilst we await an appointment for him to have surgery. We are having dire luck this year!

I promise to get back to posting asap!

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that, Kayos. Best wishes to you and your husband.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

Take your time Kayos, and I hope your hubby feels better.


Wow, I stop reading the discussion threads for a lousy week,... ;P

Sorry to hear about your husband Kayos, best of luck to you both,
And happy (belated) anniversary! :)

851 to 900 of 3,840 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company discussion thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.