Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

est. 2011
PF6 Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles


14,401 to 14,450 of 14,520 << first < prev | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | next > last >>

I actually enjoying reading the response. Gives me a little insight into how they're perceiving things


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Grimset and cold Dibbets enlightens Corliss "Stumpy were a roight bastard we tangled wi' early afters tha skelpt arsed fat man sent us intae tha flower house wi' tha skin suit. Dead legless long tongued bugger that'll choke yer out... we came nose up 'gainst 'im back when Bess we're sharin Kauly's bedroll an we was chasin yeller. Ye gots tae sting tha bugger wi' magiked stuff or shove sunlight up 'is arse."


Male Human Cleric 6+3 of Besmara | hp 53/53 | AC 20, t 13, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 1/7 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 4/6

Corliss unconsciously rubs the bump on his noggin as he tries to follow what Dibbets is saying. A smile forms on his face as the halfling's last sentence, at least, seems to register. "Ha! Got both them options covered! Me rapier be magicked, an' I can send a ray o' searin' light where the sun don't shine!"


Assured by Corliss that the concussed sailor has a plan, Kaul shoves open the unlocked door and a murky yellow fog pours out engulfing you all.
Fort save DC 16 or sickened

Initiative Rolls:

Dibbets- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Keelhaul Kaul- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Madman Jim- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Corliss-1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
foe- 1d20 ⇒ 18
Dingus- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Round 1
Corliss
Kaul
Dingus
?????
Jim
Dibbets


Male Human Cleric 6+3 of Besmara | hp 53/53 | AC 20, t 13, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 1/7 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 4/6

"Garn! That ain't part o' the plan!" Corliss curses as the yellow fog billowys through the open door. Moving a bit closer to the portal, the Besmaran beseeches his fickle goddess for aid in the coming battle.

"Bessie, bless yer humble priest an' 'is fearless allies, an' hinder our foes...iff'n that ain't askin' too much." The priest weathers the effects of the foul cloud as he casts prayer upon his allies and, hopefully, any foes hidden in the pee-soup^ fog.

^ See what I did there? Pee-soup, cuz it's yellow. :)

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Just getting it down ahead o' my turn after the ???


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1+3 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 18/60 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +7

DC 16 Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Likewise.


Male Human Sorcerer 6/3 HP 42/(28); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3:5/3,2:7/1,1:7/4) IP-15

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Fortitude Save

Me three

Dingus prepares to follow Kaul in providing artillery support... till the terrible stench attacks his tender senses, and he begins to wretch.

Hold action till a target presents itself, then send in a couple of Vapor vipers.

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 3 = 12 Vapor viper


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+3 | HP 28/64 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 5 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: 2 Wis Dam 1 Hour

Fort DC16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

More concerned with their Stumpy foe, Kaul breathes in the mustard mist and immediately begins to wretch and hack...

ROUND 1 Conditions: Sickened (–2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.)

The thug stumbles forth into the room (Move Action), attempting to spy something to lop;

Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 2 = 26


The crew is caught with their mouths open and everyone except Corliss succumbs to the stank. Corliss prays to rally his mates. Kaul stumbles forward into a group of fellow stumblers.

Kaul:
The mist obscures details, but the figures look like ragged men. And stink of rot.

@Kaul with partial concealment. The rest have no visual.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+3 | HP 28/64 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 5 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: 2 Wis Dam 1 Hour

Kaul bulky form halts and he hollers back to his shipmates;

"Feck.. Deader men ahead lads... Look lively! Hur."

The thug's voice sounds frustrated as he peers into the mist...

"Can't get a bearin' on 'ow many o' the stinky basterds there is nor exactly where they stand..."

With bile in his maw he raises Lopper to hack at anything coming toward him...

Sickened Readied Melee: "Lopper" (+1 Keen Adamantine Boarding Ax): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20
Sickened Damage: 1d10 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 = 13


Kaul- Corliss' prayer will reduce your penalty to -1 net hit and damage, but still 20% miss:

Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 14

Kaul swings at the first lumbering thing that grabs for him, but Lopper only hisses through the yellow murk. He is nearly surrounded by dead the next moment and pummeled. Kaul-6, 6, 9 bludge

Jim, Dibbs, Dingus readied


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

A sickly sweet taste of bile rising from his gullet, Dibbets flares his nostrils and squints. A sharp intake of breath is followed by a veritable explosion of halitosis that sweeps forward to hopefully clear the air.

Gust of wind to hopefully clear out some of the yeller


Dibbets fights an ill mist with an ill wind by blowing away the yellow miasma to reveal Kaul amidst a mob of walking dead that block entry into the room. Dingus releases a trio of vapor vipers into one of the shuffling stiffs which releases a loud moan.
nine zombies ahead.

Round 1
Jim
R2
Corliss
Kaul
Zom Squad
Dibbets
Dingus


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1+3 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 18/60 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +7

Jim steps up and goes after the nearest zombie. He easily tags it despite the lingering effects of the noisome cloud.

Rapier PA, incl. prayer and sickened: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 25
Rapier PA damage, incl. prayer and sickened: 1d6 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 - 2 + (2) = 17


Male Human Cleric 6+3 of Besmara | hp 53/53 | AC 20, t 13, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 1/7 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 4/6

Round 2 Actions

Standing in the doorway, Corliss channels positive energy to weaken the party's undead foes. Then he conjures up a second copycat of his handsome self.

Channel Positive Energy #3 of 7 (Will DC 15 half): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) + 1 = 6


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+3 | HP 28/64 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 5 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: 2 Wis Dam 1 Hour

R2

With the rotten mob revealed, Kaul mugs a grin and aims a mighty hack at one of the deaders;

Sickened+Prayer Power Attack Melee: "Lopper" (+1 Keen Adamantine Boarding Ax): 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 17

Sickened+Prayer+Power Attack Damage: 1d10 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Jim advances to Kaul's side and the pair deliver destructive attacks that heavily damage a pair of zombies though they don't quite succumb until Corliss releases a blast of divine energy through the herd. The zombies press around the front line, but the pair work together to fend them off and only Kaul takes a clobbering to the head. Kaul-9 slam

A black shortsword appears hovering in the air near Jim and harrying the swordsman. The light from the hallway barely breaches the suffocating darkness blanketing this room, but the room looks as long as the adjacent hallway with a mixture of nautical and funerary gear hung on the walls. To the east is some sort of cargo hoist that looks like it descends through the floor to a lower level.

Round 2
Dibbets
Dingus
Jim
R3
Corliss
Kaul
Zom Squad


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1+3 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 18/60 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +7

Jim stabs repeatedly at one of the attacking deaders. "Dingus, can you kill whoever's waving that sword in my face?"

Rapier PA, incl. sickness and prayer: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 12
Iterative rapier PA, incl. sickness and prayer: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 13

Well, if these are low-grade zombies that might hit. Just in case:

Rapier PA damage, incl. sickness and prayer: 1d6 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 2 + 1 + (5) = 18
Iterative rapier PA damage, incl. sickness and prayer: 1d6 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 + 1 + (4) = 19


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Fishing out a musket shot from his sporran, Dibbets sets it alight with indifference and rolls it through into the melee room. Peering past those of stouter arm and mightier thews he draws curious on the hoist at the side of the room.

Casting light on the musket ball


Fickle Flicker of Fate: 1d20 ⇒ 20

The shot rolls quickly through the room illuminating as it weaves between the shuffling feet of the zombie mob. More is revealed by the progressing light including a familiar face among the reanimated dead. Apparently, the crew tasked with delivering the body of Swabbie Drake to the Crematorium Depot were good for the task as the one time mate is spotted among the animate dead, his face black from the wasp poison and neck and arm twisted in unnatural angles from his fall.

There is barely a moment to take that in before the bright bearing bumps off another black stick, this one thrust upright into a knot in the floor boards, and rolls to a stop next to the foreshortened form of the Tuyewera lurking half-hidden behind the zombie scrum near the crane!

Jim keeps stabbing at the flailing flesh and though less effective than just hacking the corpses to pieces, the damage is enough to finish severing the necrotic force already weakened by Corliss' divine burst. Two more corpses collapse to a more natural inanimate state.
Dingus, Corliss, Kaul. Five Zombies left.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Seeing the fortuitous twist and wend of the ensorcelled shot as divine providence Dibbets chuckles darkly "Eyes light mateys, tha limbless lickin fecker's in thar."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+3 | HP 28/64 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 5 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: 2 Wis Dam 1 Hour

R3

The thinning of the herd, and their rotten old foe revealed spurs Kaul on. He chuckles to himself and lays about another of the deader's with his eager hatchet;

Sickened+Prayer Power Attack Melee: "Lopper" (+1 Keen Adamantine Boarding Ax): 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 8

Damage... yeah right. Feckin' fickle dice gods!


Male Human Cleric 6+3 of Besmara | hp 53/53 | AC 20, t 13, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 1/7 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 4/6

Corliss Round 3: 53/53 hp; Effects: prayer (Rd. 3 of 6); copycat (Rd. 2 of 6)

Corliss again channels positive energy to harm the collected undead (possibly moving up a bit if that's needed to catch Stumpy in the effect as well).

Channel Positive Energy #4 of 7 (Will DC 15 half): 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 6) + 1 = 11


Male Human Sorcerer 6/3 HP 42/(28); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3:5/3,2:7/1,1:7/4) IP-15

Dingus cackles with glee at the sight of their old nemesis, and positions himself to present him with a bolt of snake tongue lightning. {DC17 Dex for half}.

6d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 6, 5, 1) + 6 = 28 Stone cold lightning


Dingus- lightning bolt would go through both most of your companions.

Dingus hears Jim's call for assistance, but at the rear of the bunch packed in the doorway, he really can't find a clear target. Corliss channels another radiant burst and drops three more zombies though Stumpy isn't much impacted. The flying blade swoops past Jim slashing him. Jim-8 slash Kaul's ax may be eager, but his body doesn't see to follow. Kaul- will save DC 17 or paralyzed!


GM Stuff:
5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 1, 3) = 11

Jim and Corliss no longer sickened


Male Human Cleric 6+3 of Besmara | hp 53/53 | AC 20, t 13, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 1/7 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 4/6
Cap'n Voodoo wrote:

Jim and Corliss no longer sickened

Corliss made his save against the yellow fog. Is it someone else who's no longer sickened?


DOH! make it Jim and Kaul then.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+3 | HP 28/64 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 5 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: 2 Wis Dam 1 Hour

DC17 Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 ... and the hits keep comin... Ravished by Stumpy next no doubt... (shivers at thought)

Kaul's beady eyes bulge from his furrowed frown as he feels his body suddenly betray him.

With a forlorn "Huuurrrrrrr" the scarred thug goes rictus and freezes in place!


Male Human Sorcerer 6/3 HP 42/(28); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3:5/3,2:7/1,1:7/4) IP-15

Okay. Let's try burning hands if he can direct it away from his companions by moving. If not then pick what he can do "Disrupt Undead" considering the physical layout. Dang I finally got a good damage roll :-(

Dingus almost sends a lightning bolt towards Stumpy, but realizes at the last second that he might jolt some of his companions, so he tries to maneuver himself to catch multiples in his Flaming Fan of Snake tongues. If that's not possible he decides to simply disrupt one of the baddies.

Burning Hands 5d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 2, 4) = 10 DC15

1d20 ⇒ 18 Ranged touch
1d6 ⇒ 5 Disruption


Dingus. When would a fan of flames ever be more precise than a 5-foot wide bolt??? magic missile would be the definition of precision damage, but disrupt undead works.

Dingus sends a golden ray to strike the hunched figure just as Kaul freezes up, heavy ax still raised overhead. The crouching creep flinches from the divine bolt and then, turning bulging yellow eyes on its helpless foe, flicks its meaty tongue out to grab Kaul and pull him after as he leaps down through the open hatch by the crane! Kaul and Stumpy disappear down the hatch. The remaining zombies turn on Jim, who suffers a heavy slam. Jim-10 slam

Round 3
Dibbets
Dingus
Jim
R4
Corliss
Kaul
Zom Squad


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1+3 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 18/60 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +7

Jim returns blow for blow, stabbing at the surrounding foes. "Feck! How many of these things are there?"

Rapier PA, incl. prayer: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 = 19
Iterative rapier PA, incl. prayer: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20

Damage the first, incl. prayer: 1d6 + 11 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 + (5) = 18
Damage the second, incl. prayer: 1d6 + 11 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 + (3) = 17


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+3 | HP 28/64 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 5 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: 2 Wis Dam 1 Hour

If Kaul's beady eyes could speak they would have said... Oh feck.

He takes some degree of solace in knowing at least his buttocks tightened into an iron clench as he was paralysed...


Jim manages to finish off the final zombies clearing the way forward for the rest of the party. Kaul and the tuyewera have disappeared through the hatch ahead. The west end of the room remains shrouded in shadow.

still in combat.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1+3 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 18/60 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +7

Jim advances into the room, keeping a wary eye on the floating blade. "Dingus, mate, get in here and light it up!"


Male Human Cleric 6+3 of Besmara | hp 53/53 | AC 20, t 13, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 1/7 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 4/6

Corliss Round 4: 53/53 hp; Effects: prayer (Rd. 4 of 6); copycat (Rd. 3 of 6); light.

Corliss moves into the room, his glowing rapier hopefully chasing away the darkness to the west.

I'll hold off on his standard action until I find out what (if anything) is hidden by the darkness on the map.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Dibbets moves forward cautiously, stumping with catlike tread. Rather than look to where the tongue master's gone, he focuses on the room they're in... wary of where shadows lie.

Focusing on moving into the room and scanning for what's left.
(for next round) if Dibbets refreshes his light spell centered on him, will it light the whole area?


Male Human Sorcerer 6/3 HP 42/(28); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3:5/3,2:7/1,1:7/4) IP-15

Dingus enters the room behind the others pathetic attempts at light.

"That's not a light... this is a light".

Uses the H.O.G. to cast Daylight.


Corliss and Dibbets follow Jim into the room, Corliss' lit blade not really expanding the illumination much beyond the glowing shot lying among the dead. Before Dibbets can move his light forward, Dingus enters and upstages everyone using the manky goblin hand to conjure a light like the sun to reveal the entire room. To the west is a doorway to a small interior room and ramp down next to the room. In the doorway stands a hunched, grizzled man in rotting robes. One of his eyes is yellow and pus-filled. Blinking in the light, he smiles with a crazed, toothless grin.

Action from Coliss or Dibbets?


Kaul:
You crash heavily onto a barge below the hatch. 5 slam There are a few corpses laid off to the side. The dead thing's long tongue runs its slimy length up your body and its rotten jaws filled with black gums and a few loose teeth draw close to your face. Will DC 16 vs paralysis


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+3 | HP 28/64 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 5 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft. | Status: 2 Wis Dam 1 Hour

Relp Me Raggy! Rombody Relp!:

Kaul roars internally as he body continues to betray him...

DC16 Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 ... I have no words...

.. then once again his beady eyes bulge in horror as Stumpy prepares to feast...


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Grimfaced and dour... Dibbets brings his musket to bear.

Ready the musket... firing next turn.


last call for Corliss


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric 6+3 of Besmara | hp 53/53 | AC 20, t 13, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8 | Init +6 | Perc +3 | Channel 1/7 | Storm Burst (Sp) 6/6 | Copycat (Sp) 4/6

Sorry; I thought I'd posted yesterday.

Corliss moves further into the room to the edge of the open hatch where he can (hopefully) see Kaul and Stumpy. To Jim he asks, "You goin' after Kaul? Want me to help or try to deal with the creepy ol' coot?"


Kaul:
The stink of the rotting dead thing fills your sensitive nose as Stumpy leans over you and places its rancid mouth over yours to inhale your breath. Fort DC 15 or stunned, then Will DC 15 or paralyzed

Jim is ready for the flying sword and easily knock it aside. The decrepit death priest blinks in the bright light and tosses a glass vial at Jim. It shatters at his feet and an ethereal ooze drifts upward covering the swashbuckler in an unnerving ropy mess. Jim- entangled in place, will DC 12 or shaken Corliss moves to peer into the hatch and sees Kaul and Stumpy on the deck of a barge near a pile of dead bodies. Kaul doesn't appear to be resisting as the crawling dead thing engages the thug in a passionate kiss!

Round 4
Dibbets
Dingus
Jim
R5
Corliss
Kaul
Death Squad


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1+3 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 18/60 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +7

DC 12 Will save, incl. prayer: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16

The Taldan keeps his wits about him, and struggles to get free. "Feck! Take 'em both down!"


Jim-Strength check DC 17 to move.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

With deliberate movements Dibbets raises his musket, exhaling and he levels the rudimentary sights onto centre mass of the pus-filled and grizzled man. Wordless he puts an unlistened to prayer t'wards the sky above as his finger slowly tightens on the trigger...
Deadly Aimed Musket: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23 for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
...his boomstick kicking like a rabid mule under his tender ministrations as a leaden shot is propelled with fire, smoke and fury t'wards his foe.


mischief: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Dibbets feels only a twinge of hesitation before he pulls the trigger and blasts the foul necromancer!

14,401 to 14,450 of 14,520 << first < prev | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.