CARRION CROWN CAMPAIGN (CLOSED) - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Carrion Crown campaign.

Maps:

Treasure List

Specific treasure details

Maps

summary

clues

images


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,276 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

Ortensia readies for when the swarm comes near.

Creeden initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Eleric initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Tessara initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ortensia initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

tick swarm initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Initiative order:

Block 1: Eleric and Ortensia

Block 2: Tick swarm

Block 3: Creeden and Tessara

So Block 1 your actions


Female Elf Wood Mystery Oracle 9| AC 21/15/18 | HP 69/69| Init+3,Perc+2 | Low light vision | F+7,R+8,W+8 | +2 v enchantment spells and effects | +5 v charm & compulsions | Immune to Sleep | CMD 21

I sent Ortensia a PM, but haven’t heard back.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

FIREBALL!!!!!!! Ref DC 21: 8d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 3, 2, 2, 5, 5) + 8 = 37 (x1.5 agaist swarms) 55 ref for half.


I think she did say she had some health problems so I'll bot her for now.

reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


The swarm manages to avoid the worst of the blast.

Ortensia casts lead blades on her weapon.

The swarm moves over Eleric

swarm damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 4) = 21

2 fort saves please Eleric

On to block 3


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 4 | HP 24/82 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 27 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +15, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16); True Strike 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Creeden will pull out and throw an alchemist's fire.

ranged touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 for fire: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Elf Wood Mystery Oracle 9| AC 21/15/18 | HP 69/69| Init+3,Perc+2 | Low light vision | F+7,R+8,W+8 | +2 v enchantment spells and effects | +5 v charm & compulsions | Immune to Sleep | CMD 21

Tess throws a flask of acid at the swarm.

Ranged touch attack with PBS 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 x 1.5 = 10


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Eleric, you are nauseated.

Block 1, back to you.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric moves as it is all he can do.

"Blagffff."


Ortensia moves forward to attack the swarm

flail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


The swarm moves forward over Ortensia.

swarm damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 2) = 14

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Back to block 3


Creeden and Tessara your actions.


Female Elf Wood Mystery Oracle 9| AC 21/15/18 | HP 69/69| Init+3,Perc+2 | Low light vision | F+7,R+8,W+8 | +2 v enchantment spells and effects | +5 v charm & compulsions | Immune to Sleep | CMD 21

I don’t have any more splash weapons or any spells that deal damage to swarms. Tess will move away from the swarm.


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 4 | HP 24/82 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 27 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +15, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16); True Strike 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

The swarm takes damage from Creeden's alchemist fire again.
fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5

He then lobs another flask at it.
alchemist fire: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 for fire: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Creeden's second flask causes the swarm to disperse.

There is nothing else in the room.


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 4 | HP 24/82 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 27 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +15, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16); True Strike 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"I may have said this before: This is a thoroughly unpleasant place."


Female Elf Wood Mystery Oracle 9| AC 21/15/18 | HP 69/69| Init+3,Perc+2 | Low light vision | F+7,R+8,W+8 | +2 v enchantment spells and effects | +5 v charm & compulsions | Immune to Sleep | CMD 21

”Remind me to restock on alchemical items when we make it back to town,” Tess mentions to the others.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Brlaggg. I hate bugs. I feel itchy." Eleric is covered in painful-looking bite.


Assuming you're heading on to room 13?

A covered portico stands at the southern wing of the house and shades its door. To either side of the portico stand matching statues of rearing hippocampi upon stone pedestals. A shallow stream of water exits from beneath the door, forming small rivulets that flow off the portico and down to the muddy road nearby.


What would you like to do?


Female Elf Wood Mystery Oracle 9| AC 21/15/18 | HP 69/69| Init+3,Perc+2 | Low light vision | F+7,R+8,W+8 | +2 v enchantment spells and effects | +5 v charm & compulsions | Immune to Sleep | CMD 21

”Statues tend to come to life and punch people in the face,” Tess says looking at the structures. ”But, I’m afraid everything dictates we head that way,” she says as the she leads the group toward them.


Stepping between the statues nothing appears to happen and you find yourselves back outside, around the corner from the front door where you entered.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric will cast detect magic and look around the room.

Perception: 10 + 27 = 37


Nothing detects as magical. All you can see is the grounds of the house.


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 4 | HP 24/82 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 27 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +15, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16); True Strike 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Statues seem normal. Shall we explore the rest of the manor?"


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Let's head up to the northeast. I think there is an unexplored room up that way."


Area 7 - adding a couple of rooms as not much in them so assuming you are going from one to the next

This spare bedroom is empty of anything except the wooden frame of a bed.

Area 8

This old privy hasn't been used for many years. The chamber pot beneath the window seat is empty

Area 6

This chamber holds only old crates and sacks of food stores, largely disintegrated over the years.

Survival and Perception checks please.


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 4 | HP 24/82 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 27 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +15, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16); True Strike 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27


Female Elf Wood Mystery Oracle 9| AC 21/15/18 | HP 69/69| Init+3,Perc+2 | Low light vision | F+7,R+8,W+8 | +2 v enchantment spells and effects | +5 v charm & compulsions | Immune to Sleep | CMD 21

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Perception: 10 + 27 = 37


Tessara you can tell that there have been clear signs of a struggle in the room, however it's impossible for you to tell how many combatants there were or who was victorious.

Eleric and Creeden you find a saddlebag hidden among the discarded rubbish in this room. Within is a small wooden crate packed with straw that retains the impression of the object stored within. You recognise the impression of the object as the seasage effigy, the object the Beast of Lepidstadt was accused of stealing. There is no sign of the idol itself.

Finally there is a small scrap of parchment in the bottom of the saddlebag that reads.

Ask Lucas about Raven's Head.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"So, Lucas has the head that our blackcloak wanted to trade with. It looks like we missed the trade but have a lead. We are closing in."


Where to next?


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 4 | HP 24/82 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 27 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +15, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16); True Strike 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Room in the NE corner


Two sets of double doors open into this wide chamber, large enough for a carriage to be parked inside. Spare wheels and the rusted remains of a small forge show that once was housed here. Two horse stalls occupy the far end of the room. In one of the stalls is a piebald mare.


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 4 | HP 24/82 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 27 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +15, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16); True Strike 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Creeden looks around. Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Any saddle bags?


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Nice house."

Eleric looks for anything that could jump out at them then for anything valuable.

perception: 10 + 27 = 37


You can see that the horse is starving and dehydrated. It looks like it has been left without food for several days. The brand on its flank matches that taken by the Dark Rider when he left Thrushmoor. There are no signs of any saddlebags.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric will pour out some water if there is some around or drag of trough if need and toss some hay in the pen.


Female Elf Wood Mystery Oracle 9| AC 21/15/18 | HP 69/69| Init+3,Perc+2 | Low light vision | F+7,R+8,W+8 | +2 v enchantment spells and effects | +5 v charm & compulsions | Immune to Sleep | CMD 21

Tess reaches out to open up the stall door. If the group could make the area safe, then the horse could graze at least.


You manage to provide some food and water to the horse and it whinnys gratefully.


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Is the floor cleared? If so we should go upstairs." (last remaining room did we clear it already?)

"Once we know the there is nothing upstairs that can snipe us we can clear the grounds for the horses."


There was the secret door you found in room 10


AC:13 T:12F:11| HP 54/54 | CMD:13 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Perception for traps: 10 + 27 = 37

Elric will head there with the group and open the door.


You do not find any traps but you do find the way to open the secret door.

Whatever furnishings were once in this room have been used as fuel in the old fireplace, which contains a fairly fresh collection of ash. Only a plain wooden bench now remains beneath the western window. A single lit lantern, hooded so that its light does not shine beyond this chamber, has been set upon the hearth. You hear what sounds momentarily like the whimper of an infant followed by a shushing sound.

Inside the room are a vicar of the indomitable Sea a cultist and a marsh giant.

Knowledge nature on the marsh giant

Eleric initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Tessara initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Creeden initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Ortensia initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

cultist initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

vicar initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Yib Thoolp (Marsh Giant) initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Initiative order:

Block 1: Creeden and Tessara

Block 2: Cultist

Block 3: Eleric and Ortensia

Block 4: Yib Thoolp and vicar

So block 1 your actions


Female Elf Wood Mystery Oracle 9| AC 21/15/18 | HP 69/69| Init+3,Perc+2 | Low light vision | F+7,R+8,W+8 | +2 v enchantment spells and effects | +5 v charm & compulsions | Immune to Sleep | CMD 21

Tess casts Prayer and tries to figure out more about the giant.

Know. Nature 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 4 | HP 24/82 | AC 23 (33 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 27 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +5 (+7 vs fear) | Init: +7 | Perc: +15, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16); True Strike 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Creeden will move in and attack the marsh giant defensively.

Prayer, Fighting Defensively
unarmed strike: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 1 = 35 for bludgeoning: 1d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14

AC 34 v melee, 30 v ranged; CMD 38 (If melee attack misses by 4 or less, AC goes to 30, CMD to 34)

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,276 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / CARRION CROWN CAMPAIGN (CLOSED) - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.