CARRION CROWN CAMPAIGN (CLOSED) - GAMEPLAY

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

A run through of the Carrion Crown campaign.

Maps:

Treasure List

Specific treasure details

Maps

summary

clues

images


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,381 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Female Half-ork (Black orc) Occultist/6

Hm. If fire doesn't make it flinch, mayhap cold?

Ortensia concentrated and fired a ray of absolute cold, the air crackling and fogging in its wake.

6d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 4, 2, 4) = 24Cold dmg


The blast of cold damages the tree, it does not appear to take any additional damage though.

Back to block 1


Male N Human Bard 7 | HP 62/62| AC 24 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +9, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 18/22 | Channel 2/2 (DC 15)

The bard directs another sonic blast at the malevolent tree.

Attack, weird words, range touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage, sonic: 4d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 3) + 2 = 17


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric whispers words into his hand and forms a snowball. Then the cuts his thumb to add power to the spell.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage SR:No: 7d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 3, 3, 3, 4) + 7 = 31 Blood Havoc Blood Intensify.
DC 19 Fort vs Staggared one round


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 (31 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 25 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 (+6 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

Creeden attempts to chop the tree down to size.

waveblade 1 (defensive): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 for CI/slashing: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
waveblade 2 (defensive): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 for CI/slashing: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
waveblade 3 (defensive): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 for CI/slashing: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

AC 31 v melee, 27 v ranged. (If an attack misses me by 4 or less, AC goes down to 27.) (Crane Wing) Also, if hangman means it's going to grab me, I believe all of my dodge bonuses add to my CMD, making it 35.


A blast of sonic and cold damage hits the tree. It is still there but only just. Creeden's attacks miss

The tree attacks Creeden[/i]

vine: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

vine: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

vine: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Back to block 3


Male N Human Cleric 7 | HP: 64/64 | AC: 27 (12 Tch, 26 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +13 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +14, SM +17 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 2/3 | Madness: 9/10, Darkness: 10/10 | Active conditions: None.

Jeremiah will cast Bless defensively, hoping to help his companions. DC 17 to cast.

Concentration, Bless: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


Female Half-ork (Black orc) Occultist/6

6d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5, 1, 2, 4) = 17

Ortensia blasted it again with a ray of cold, coating its bark in sheets of ice and freezing several of its vines.


With Ortensia's final blast of cold the tree is no more.

There is no treasure


Male N Human Cleric 7 | HP: 64/64 | AC: 27 (12 Tch, 26 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +13 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +14, SM +17 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 2/3 | Madness: 9/10, Darkness: 10/10 | Active conditions: None.

"Hmm, I wonder what was this tree doing here, probably defending this land from werewolves. I didn't want to kill it, probably he exchanged us for enemies."

Jeremiah makes a quick gesture of prayer.


Female Half-ork (Black orc) Occultist/6

You realize that werewolves revert to their original forms when dead, yes? Perhaps it was similar to the plant monster we fought back at Caromarc's castle with the hallucinogenic spores, luring victims in to feed? Except, it was stationary.

Ortensia tapped her brow, considering the now inanimate homicidal tree.


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

GM, is there any changein the appearance of the tree or the wolves? Are the wolves tangible.

"Well, let's check the house. Hopefully that will to try to kill us."


Male N Human Bard 7 | HP 62/62| AC 24 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +9, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 18/22 | Channel 2/2 (DC 15)

Lysandar nods in agreement with Eleric’s suggestion of checking the house. He enters and casts detect magic.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Perception Traps or Treasure: 10 + 26 = 36


There is no change to the tree, however now the tree is dead the wolves have reverted to human form.

The house looks like it has been comprehensively looted previously there is nothing of interest left in the house.


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Best not to lose too much time. We should keep moving."


Female Half-ork (Black orc) Occultist/6

Hm. Curious...Mayhap someone used to live here and had the tree here as a sort of guard? Or the tree put down its roots and killed those who dwelled wirhin and decided to stay here.

I was reminded of this enemy feom Star Ovean til the end of time that literally looks like a eillow tree with warped bark on its teunk that looks like screaming faces with bloody tears. It would pretend ro be a tree then lurch forward whipping the crap outta u with its vines then keel over and crash to rhe fround when defeated.


You arrive at Feldgrua. It looks like the town has been put to the torch, it's citizens butchered. You are on a slight rise so you can see a basic overview of the town. There are figures moving around occasionally but you are unable to make out any details

Map updated- brief key below- you are closest to area 1:

1: Old Farmstead

2: What appears to be a blacksmith's forge

3: Looks like a shop.

4: Homestead

5: Another shop

6: Shop

7: Shop with a small animal corral alongside

8: An inn

9: A mill

10: A tavern

11: Shop

12: A decrepit looking hovel

13: The Town Square

14: Armoury

G: A partially collapsed tower


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"I would think moving from location to the next closest location would be the best way to not be spotted. Let's check out this building. (1)"

1 if people are ok with that?


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 (31 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 25 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 (+6 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

Good with me.


Male N Human Bard 7 | HP 62/62| AC 24 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +9, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 18/22 | Channel 2/2 (DC 15)

"Sounds reasonable," the bard agrees.


Female Half-ork (Black orc) Occultist/6

Cast Psychic Significance

Ortensia nodded and folliwed, extending her senses to the tragic remains of the village.

Goodness me, what travesty unfurled here? she fretted, both curious and anxious at the obvious past violence.


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric will cast detect magic and enter a search pattern with Jaboa.

Perception: 10 + 26 = 36


On the outskirts of he town stands the ruins of a small farmhouse and two outbuildings, their roofs long collapsed, exposing splintered frames of gray timber. Beyond, a sodden, unsown field stretches to the edge of the shattered town of Feldgrau. The barren earth is scarred with muddy trenches and covered with a perpetual wash of low, swirling fog. Dead trees, like pale and wiry skeletons, grasp at the gray skies, casting their long, ghostly shadows over the crumbling ruins.

Eleric you do not find anything magical in the farmstead. You do find a makeshift shrine

Knowledge Religion or Survival check

Ortensia, with your spell you can tell that the owner of the farmstead was sacrificed here, by a figure cloaked in black. You also get a bit of a psychic backlash, you think that in the town there are a large number of haunts but you are unable to make out any other details.


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Religion: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


Eleric you recognise the shrine as being to Jezelda, the demon lord of werewolves. On the altar of the shrine are the remains of what appears to be a Whispering Way cultist who appears to have been sacrificed to the demon.


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Is there anything we can do to disrupt what was done here, like burn the bodies or destroy the statue?"


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 (31 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 25 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 (+6 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

"A conflict between werewolves and cultists? Let's hope we can play them against each other instead of getting caught in the middle."


Male N Human Cleric 7 | HP: 64/64 | AC: 27 (12 Tch, 26 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +13 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +14, SM +17 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 2/3 | Madness: 9/10, Darkness: 10/10 | Active conditions: None.

"This was... unexpected. Let's move on, we have to find them. I suggest moving to the next building. Let's not stay in the open."


Female Half-ork (Black orc) Occultist/6

Ortensia groaned, clutching at her temples, nearly reeling at the psychic feedback.

Ouuuch...There are several haunts here.


I'm assuming you head straight across so F2

A large open forge stands in the far corner of this building,
surrounded by deep stone basins and next to a huge black anvil
atop a bench. Another workbench, laid with metalworking tools,
polishing stones, and dried oilcloths, partitions the forge area
from the remainder of the room. Two doorways exit through
the wall opposite the forge.

In the forge, surprised to see you is Duristan Ariesir


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

"Duristan? What are you doing here?"


Male N Human Bard 7 | HP 62/62| AC 24 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +9, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 18/22 | Channel 2/2 (DC 15)

Lysandar watched the man as he replied to Eleric’s question.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Lysander something about Duristan seems a bit off, he continues,

"My party was ambushed in the woods and I suffered some serious injuries. I fled into the woods for shelter. My scar-ward saved me from the terrible curse of lycanthropy. I then set off for Feldgrau. I've hired some mercenaries who are waiting for me at the mill. Will you join us?"


Male N Human Cleric 7 | HP: 64/64 | AC: 27 (12 Tch, 26 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +13 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +14, SM +17 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 2/3 | Madness: 9/10, Darkness: 10/10 | Active conditions: None.

"I don't quite understand why you got separated from your mercenaries, or how could you have hired them from the woods."

Jeremiah has some doubts about Duristan's words
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 (31 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 25 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 (+6 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

"What happened to the rest of your party?" Creeden asks, with some suspicion.

Ortensia told us the scar-ward was nonsense.


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric will start the three round for focusing his detect magic on the 'person,' while the party asks questions.


"We were ambushed by the werewolves in the forest, the others gave their lives to allow me to escape."

Jeremiah you know he is lying about how effective his scar ward was and about the mercenaries


Female Half-ork (Black orc) Occultist/6

Duristan! That scarification was nothing but a dupe from some con artist moonlighting as an alley witch. I had come to like you but I will not tolerate such obvious lies. You and I both know its an insult to my intelligence.

Her temples throbbing from a headache, Ortensia scolded him sternly. She was in no mood for his antics. As to how and why he was here before them was exasperating enough!

Now the only people here aside from the ghosts of the slaughtered are the cultists and werewolves. Neither will we suffer to live. Which means if you've thrown your lot in with either means our parting will be bittersweet.

Her eyes were vicious,her tone scathing.


Male N Human Bard 7 | HP 62/62| AC 24 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +9, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 18/22 | Channel 2/2 (DC 15)

Lysandar grabs his spear a little tighter after hearing Ortensia’s blistering rebuke. He takes comfort in the feel of the well worn haft as he waits for Duristan’s rebuttal.


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric brushes the front of his robes flat, straighten his hood, then gently pulls each sleeve at the wrist. Once his attire is fully aligned he looks at the man infront of him with an almost pitying look.


Eleric, you can detect 4 magical auras coming from Duristan, they are all items.

As he hears Ortensia's words Duristan chuckles softly, he pulls his sleeve back to show the scar ward and says.

"Remember when I told you this gave me immunity to lycanthropy? Well I was wrong!

At this point his form starts to change taking on a more wolf like form.

You can all have an attack of opportunity

Map and images updated


Male N Human Bard 7 | HP 62/62| AC 24 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +9, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +10 | Speed 30ft | Bardic Performance 18/22 | Channel 2/2 (DC 15)

Expecting the worst from the deceitful man Lysander is ready for him to try something. However, he is still caught off guard as Duristan transforms in front of him. He trusts his spear at the unnatural beast the man has become.

Attack (Longspear, power attack): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Male LN Halfling Brawler 5/Sentinel of Irori 2 | HP 66/66 | AC 21 (31 when fighting defensively) T 16 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 25 | F: +8, R: +9, W: +4 (+6 vs fear) | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Martial Flexibility 5/5 | Knockout 1/1 (DC 16) | Active conditions: None.

Creeden doesn't have time to draw his waveblade, so he just attacks with his fist.

unarmed strike (defensive): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 for bludgeoning: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Female Half-ork (Black orc) Occultist/6

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23Attack
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27Confirm
2d10 + 3 ⇒ (10, 10) + 3 = 23Dmg

Ortensia found herself so absolutely disgusted with Duristan that her hands trembled. As rare to genuine anger she was, coupled with disappointment that both common sense and reason failed to reach him, she responded with what inevitably produced results.

Gratuitous violence.

You...fool!


Lysander and Creeden both miss, However, in her enraged state Ortensia smashes her flail into Duristan and he howls in pain.

Eleric and Jeremiah, are you taking an action?


AC:11 T:11F:10| HP 48/48 | CMD:12 | F:+4 R:+3W:+7| Init:+7 | Perc: +19, Dark

Eleric has no weapon out so no AOO.


Jeremiah, are you taking an AOO


Male N Human Cleric 7 | HP: 64/64 | AC: 27 (12 Tch, 26 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 19 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +13 (+2 vs. fear) | Init: +1 | Perc: +14, SM +17 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 6/6, 3rd 4/5, 4th 2/3 | Madness: 9/10, Darkness: 10/10 | Active conditions: None.

Sorry for being late, guys

Jeremiah tries to punch Duristan.

Cestus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,381 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / CARRION CROWN CAMPAIGN (CLOSED) - GAMEPLAY All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.