Clebsch's Reign of Winter

Game Master Clebsch RoW

Our brave adventurers are the only hope in a cold, cruel world.


3,401 to 3,450 of 3,465 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

So once again, the group is at the edge of the entry area. The two statues, which were tentatively identified as caryatid columns, are still looking as they did before, the forms of two white witches from the past.

What do you do? We're back to the Clocktower Map, fyi.


Loot Table Human Rondolero Swashbuckler 5 / Ulfen Guard 1 | HP 65/65 | AC 22, T 14, FF 20, CMD 25 | F +6, R +6, W +2 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | Per +9 | Init +4 | Panache 4/4 | Rage 7/7 | Effects:

"Do you think we could take these soldiers' uniforms to disguise ourselves? They seem to have identification papers."

Domitian takes a look at the identification papers of these guards. If it seems possible, Dom would be interested in disguising himself as one of them.


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

"Maybe, but I doubt the columns will be fooled. Of course, if they've been commanded to attack anyone not wearing a uniform, then your plan wins. I cant think of any way to know before we move past them. "


Female Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Skirmisher) 6: HP 56/56 : AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15: Fort: +8 (+9 cold effects/ +12 cold environment/ +17 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: + 8 Will: +4 : Perception +7 (+9 Human/Cold. +11 both)

Ingrit takes the papers off the body of one of the guards, adjusting her sleeves, as her clothing over and under her armor magically shifts to match the guards' uniforms. "Only one way to find out."


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

"Ah, nice. I forgot you had those magic clothes, Ingrit. Okay, let's see if this will work."

Erland draws his icicle wand and moves up with Ingrit, keeping the wand-blade down by his leg.


Elven Archaeologist Bard HP 33/33 | AC 19/ FF 15/ T 15 | Per +13 | F: 3/ R: 10/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Luck: 0/6 | Extend: 0/3 | Active Conditions:

"Agreed," says Anadrien, donning a guard's outfit and grabbing his clothing


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone
Domitian Olavsgaard wrote:

"Do you think we could take these soldiers' uniforms to disguise ourselves? They seem to have identification papers."

Domitian takes a look at the identification papers of these guards. If it seems possible, Dom would be interested in disguising himself as one of them.

The slavers were not soldiers or members of a guard unit that wears uniforms.

Check here for a reminder of how they were introduced.

That said, you have seen winter guard uniforms and could mimic them with your magic items, if you want to do that.


Female Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Skirmisher) 6: HP 56/56 : AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15: Fort: +8 (+9 cold effects/ +12 cold environment/ +17 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: + 8 Will: +4 : Perception +7 (+9 Human/Cold. +11 both)

Anadrien and either Dom or Rurik can don their uniforms, I'll mimic Winter Guard


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

The slavers have no uniforms to don. They are in studded leather armor. The group observed some of the Winter Guard move past the statues to make a delivery, but they left and were followed later by the witch and the two slavers.


Elven Archaeologist Bard HP 33/33 | AC 19/ FF 15/ T 15 | Per +13 | F: 3/ R: 10/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Luck: 0/6 | Extend: 0/3 | Active Conditions:

Ah. Do the slavers have papers?


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

Yes.


Elven Archaeologist Bard HP 33/33 | AC 19/ FF 15/ T 15 | Per +13 | F: 3/ R: 10/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Luck: 0/6 | Extend: 0/3 | Active Conditions:

Then let's hope those papers suffice. I say we brandish the papers at the caryatids as we pass them by and hope it works.


Loot Table Human Rondolero Swashbuckler 5 / Ulfen Guard 1 | HP 65/65 | AC 22, T 14, FF 20, CMD 25 | F +6, R +6, W +2 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | Per +9 | Init +4 | Panache 4/4 | Rage 7/7 | Effects:

Hm, it doesn't sound like the slavers brandished any papers. They just walked up, knocked, and a troll answered the door. We might be able to do something similar and surprise the enemy, especially with Ingrit dressed up like a guard.


Female Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Skirmisher) 6: HP 56/56 : AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15: Fort: +8 (+9 cold effects/ +12 cold environment/ +17 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: + 8 Will: +4 : Perception +7 (+9 Human/Cold. +11 both)

Yeah let's give it a shot.

Sorry about misremembering. It's been a while.


Male Human Cleric 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +9 | Initiative +1 | Perception +4 | Channel 4/4 | Inspired 1/1 | Liberation 4/4 | Rebuke Death 6/6

Might as well!


Female Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Skirmisher) 6: HP 56/56 : AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15: Fort: +8 (+9 cold effects/ +12 cold environment/ +17 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: + 8 Will: +4 : Perception +7 (+9 Human/Cold. +11 both)

"Given that we don't actually have slaves that we'd be handing off to them, this ruse isn't likely to work much past the door being opened." Ingrit says walking alongside Wapiti towards the big statues. "Be ready to force our way in and hit hard."


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

"I'm ready. If were lucky, I can knock someone off their feet and then we rush in."


Loot Table Human Rondolero Swashbuckler 5 / Ulfen Guard 1 | HP 65/65 | AC 22, T 14, FF 20, CMD 25 | F +6, R +6, W +2 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | Per +9 | Init +4 | Panache 4/4 | Rage 7/7 | Effects:

"Always ready to hit hard," says Dom, following behind.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elven Archaeologist Bard HP 33/33 | AC 19/ FF 15/ T 15 | Per +13 | F: 3/ R: 10/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Luck: 0/6 | Extend: 0/3 | Active Conditions:

Anadrien, walking alongside Domitian, raises an eyebrow at his comment.

"That a life motto, or more of an approach to dating?"

She tries to suppress a wry smile, but only manages to finally do so when they enter the shadows of the caryatids.


Male Human Cleric 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +9 | Initiative +1 | Perception +4 | Channel 4/4 | Inspired 1/1 | Liberation 4/4 | Rebuke Death 6/6

"Why not both?" quips Rurik.


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

What disguises do you adopt and who looks like what? Move your characters into position on the Clock Tower Map and indicate what you do regarding the door. Do you knock, try the door or something else. Also if you have any buffs active or if you cast some new ones, let me know what. I’m ready otherwise ready to proceed.


Loot Table Human Rondolero Swashbuckler 5 / Ulfen Guard 1 | HP 65/65 | AC 22, T 14, FF 20, CMD 25 | F +6, R +6, W +2 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | Per +9 | Init +4 | Panache 4/4 | Rage 7/7 | Effects:

"I am nothing but a gentleman when it comes to dating," says Dom, grinning as he makes an exaggerated bow from the waist. Taking one of the slaver identification papers and tossing Andarien the other one, Dom makes himself look as much like a slaver as possible. "Perhaps we can pretend to be delivering Rurik to this tower."


Male Human Cleric 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +9 | Initiative +1 | Perception +4 | Channel 4/4 | Inspired 1/1 | Liberation 4/4 | Rebuke Death 6/6

"Would even be a good explanation for why you have a follower of Milani," agrees Rudrik.


Elven Archaeologist Bard HP 33/33 | AC 19/ FF 15/ T 15 | Per +13 | F: 3/ R: 10/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Luck: 0/6 | Extend: 0/3 | Active Conditions:

Anadrien frowns at her papers before pocketing them, then takes a deep breath before speaking some esoteric words and making a complex gesture.

The next moment she not only stands in perfect slaver's garb, but is a foot taller, her shoulders broad and powerful, her features those of a hirsute and saturnine man, complete with a luxurious mustache and a bulbous nose turned red by drink.

Flashing Rurik a grin, she nods for him to move forward. "Get on, then, valuable Milani slave, or I'll be forced to serve you a mug of hot soup or something equally nutritious."

Her voice, disconcertingly enough, remains the same.

Disguse Self, good for an hour.


Male Human Cleric 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +9 | Initiative +1 | Perception +4 | Channel 4/4 | Inspired 1/1 | Liberation 4/4 | Rebuke Death 6/6

"Yes ma'am. Sir. Soup-deliverer."


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

Erland shakes his head and follows the others at a discrete distance.


Female Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Skirmisher) 6: HP 56/56 : AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15: Fort: +8 (+9 cold effects/ +12 cold environment/ +17 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: + 8 Will: +4 : Perception +7 (+9 Human/Cold. +11 both)

With an amused smirk, Ingrit leads the way, holding onto Wapiti's reins, striding confidently in the garb of one of the Winter Guard, counting on the likelyhood that those who've learned to survive in Irrisen, do so by bending to authority when it is encountered.

Perception(as we approach the statues and doors): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 27 if involving humans


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

As Ingrit moves between the statues, they do not move.

What are you doing next? Knocking on the door? Trying to open the door? Something else?


Female Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Skirmisher) 6: HP 56/56 : AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15: Fort: +8 (+9 cold effects/ +12 cold environment/ +17 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: + 8 Will: +4 : Perception +7 (+9 Human/Cold. +11 both)

So no obvious signs of any opening mechanism or signaling device of any kind on the doors?


Loot Table Human Rondolero Swashbuckler 5 / Ulfen Guard 1 | HP 65/65 | AC 22, T 14, FF 20, CMD 25 | F +6, R +6, W +2 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | Per +9 | Init +4 | Panache 4/4 | Rage 7/7 | Effects:

If there's no mechanism as Ingrit suggests, may as well knock on the door.

Domitian waits casually, though on the inside, he feels his heart rate rising as the prospect of battle approaches.


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

The front door has a latch that allows the door to open. The slavers knocked on the door when they arrived. There is nothing to indicate opening the door requires unlocking anything.


Female Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Skirmisher) 6: HP 56/56 : AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15: Fort: +8 (+9 cold effects/ +12 cold environment/ +17 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: + 8 Will: +4 : Perception +7 (+9 Human/Cold. +11 both)

Striding confidently up to the door Ingrit knocks, the same number of times she'd observed the slavers do earlier.


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

"Fortune favors the bold, no? And if it's a troll or something equally dumb, maybe we can bluff our way in."

Erland stands off to the side, icicle wand ready but concealed along his side.


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

Knocking eventually triggers heavy footsteps originating roughly to the east of the entrance and ending with the sight of a female ice troll pulling the door open after peering through a peephole. She has blue-green skin with a layer of scales over her massive shoulders. She wears a leather apron showing ample cleavage, although any erotic effect is dampened by a necklace with three human skulls. A belt also has bones dangling from it. She carries a battleaxe.

"Vi har alle forsyningene vi trenger!" she says after taking in Ingrit and her entourage. "Med mindre du vil selge oss elgen!"

Giant:
We got all the supplies we need! ... Unless you want to sell us the elk!

In case this escalates to melee, be sure your tokens are where you want them on the map.


Loot Table Human Rondolero Swashbuckler 5 / Ulfen Guard 1 | HP 65/65 | AC 22, T 14, FF 20, CMD 25 | F +6, R +6, W +2 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | Per +9 | Init +4 | Panache 4/4 | Rage 7/7 | Effects:

Not understanding a word that's being said, Dom's eyes stray to the necklace of human skulls. Unless someone intervened soon, he would soon be delivering those victims some vengeance.

Moved up to be right behind Ingrit.


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

Erland whispers a brief incantation and twists his fingers towards the ice troll.

Giant:
"Perhaps we can discuss this in a more comfortable setting, over a beverage or snack?"

Casting charm person to make the ice troll see me as a friend, Will Save DC 16 please.


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

Behind the Screen:
Amagarra: DC 16 Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The troll eyes Erland, looks a little glassy-eyed for a moment, and then nods, walking into a room to the west of the little hall past the front door. The hall features hardwood floors free of dust and debris. Double doors stand to the east and west, and a single door leads north. The low rumble of some great mechanism is clearly audible in the background, accompanied by a ratcheting sound at regular intervals.

The room the troll enters has weapon racks along the north and south walls. Two armor dummies stand in the northeast and southwest corners. A long table sits near the middle of the room, covered with weapons of various sizes. A male ice troll is occupied sharpening a battleaxe. When the female enters with humans following, she glares at him and he stands in the NE corner to let her and the others by, eyeing everyone suspiciously. At his feet is a trollhound, a four-legged creature that appears to be a dog-like version of a troll, with thick skin, powerful legs, and a mouthful of teeth with a pronounced underbite. It growls but stays at the male troll's side.

The female troll opens a door to a room on the south side of the armory and enters, leaving the door open for those who want to follow. A giant-sized bed sits in the southwest corner of this spacious room, and a large polar bear rug sprawls across the floor. Several small tables occupy the corners of the room, along with a chest in the southeast. Behind it on the wall hangs a large mirror.

As she passes the male ice troll, the female says, "Be bestemor Nan sende en pott med te og seks kopper."

Giant:
Tell Granny Nan to send down a pot of tea and six cups.

The troll leaves after the last of the entourage passes.

Move your tokens where you want to be in the SE room or describe where you want me to move you. The Elk can't get in without squeezing and probably knocking things over left and right. Note: the charm effect only lasts 5 rounds. It will probably take 2 rounds for everyone to move.


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

NB: using the charm person spell, which typically has a duration of 1 hr/lvl, not a hex. Not sure if the troll has some anti-charm shenanigans on her though.


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

Noted.


Loot Table Human Rondolero Swashbuckler 5 / Ulfen Guard 1 | HP 65/65 | AC 22, T 14, FF 20, CMD 25 | F +6, R +6, W +2 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | Per +9 | Init +4 | Panache 4/4 | Rage 7/7 | Effects:

Recognizing that Erland has enchanted the female troll somehow, Dom follows cautiously, keeping an equally wary eye on the male troll and troll hound. He remains standing in the doorway of the bedroom, ready to guard against an unexpected assault if need be. He silently watches Erland for cues on how they were going to act next.


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

[Spoiler=Giant]"Well, I appreciate your welcome and the offer of beverages. If you would like, perhaps you could tell us what your greatest need is here, and we could help you find it. It is always good to work with friends like that."

Common: "Our friend asked for tea to be brought. Please be on your best manners, and we can converse as long as necessary to make our desires known."


Female Human (Ulfen) Ranger (Skirmisher) 6: HP 56/56 : AC: 19, T: 14, FF: 15: Fort: +8 (+9 cold effects/ +12 cold environment/ +17 with cold weather outfit. +4 to all if non lethal) Reflex: + 8 Will: +4 : Perception +7 (+9 Human/Cold. +11 both)

Uuuuhhmmm... there's something very wrong with the map

Edit: Think I got it fixed. Bottom layer was apparently misaligned somehow

Taking a moment, Ingrit speaks softly to Wapiti, convincing the mighty elk to wait for her at the door, but to be ready to come to her call.

Remaining serious and somewhat aloof, she nods as Erland mentions tea being sent for, maintaining a spot beside Dom that should afford her the opportunity to draw and fire before being physically engaged should things go south.


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

I moved Anadrien and Rurik into the troll's room. Is Rurik being treated as a prisoner?

The troll speaks to Erland while glancing about at the others, particularly Rurik. "Var gode. Spissen er godt utstyrt med mat til trollene mine. Bestemor Nan koker opp velsmakende måltider til dem fra bestanden dronningen gir. Det er bra å føle seg. Logrovich vil gjerne lage et måltid av den elgen der ute, men han jakter på sin egen mat så ofte som ikke"

Giant:
We're good. The larder is well stocked with food for my trolls. Granny Nan cooks up tasty meals for them from the stock the queen provides. Moral is good. Logrovich would love to make a meal out of that elk out there, but he hunts for his own food as often as not.

The troll pauses and looks puzzled. "Jeg vet at vi har jobbet sammen før, men minner meg om hvem du er?"

Giant:
I know we've worked together before, but remind me of who you are?


Elven Archaeologist Bard HP 33/33 | AC 19/ FF 15/ T 15 | Per +13 | F: 3/ R: 10/ W: 6 | Init +4 | Luck: 0/6 | Extend: 0/3 | Active Conditions:

Anadrien stands to one side, looking completely at ease as she takes in the surroundings in her slaver's guise. Not speaking a word of giant, she puts her trust in Erland, and attempts to look, if anything, bored.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

Giant:
"I am Erland, with a clan or master as of now. If you remember me, it was most likely while I served as an apprentice. Since then, I have come to be of service to this stilyagi and her band, providing healing and other skills as needed."

Erland tries to remain calm and collected, eager to keep this new ally on her side as best he can while maintaining some semblance of advantage for the group.

"If I may speak freely, we have been tasked with a secret mission, and I feel you might be able to help. Agitators have infiltrated the land, and work against the queen. Part of our task is to root out such rebels, and bring them to justice. Do you have any suspicions of those inside? Or have you seen any one in the nearby area fitting that bill?"

"I'm just filling our host in on the mission to unveil rebels, and seeking if she knows anyone that raises suspicion. Let us relax and enjoy the hospitality for now."

Bluff?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 (+8 if using diplomacy instead)


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

The troll wrinkles her brow. "Du er ikke med Vintervakten? De takler alle forsyningsbehovene mine."

Giant:
You aren't with the Winter Guard? They handle all my supply needs.

Erland:
Did you mean to say Erland has no master or clan? Most people associated with the Winter Guard are part of the Jadwiga or the queen's relatives' houses.


Male Human Cleric 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +9 | Initiative +1 | Perception +4 | Channel 4/4 | Inspired 1/1 | Liberation 4/4 | Rebuke Death 6/6

Rurik keeps his head down and looks, for all the world, like he's been cowed into submission.


Winter Witch 6 [HP 29/29 // AC 13/12/11] [Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +6] Flight Hex Used: 0 min

Giant:
"We are independent contractors, newly transferred to the city. But dont worry about that for now. You must be tired, why dont you lay down and take a nap while we watch the tower for you?"

"I've invited her to lay down and take a load off. This should be our best opportunity I feel."

If the troll listens, Erland waits until she is by the bed and a few steps away from him, then uses his slumber hex on her. DC 18 will or fall asleep for 6 rounds.


Loot Table Human Rondolero Swashbuckler 5 / Ulfen Guard 1 | HP 65/65 | AC 22, T 14, FF 20, CMD 25 | F +6, R +6, W +2 (+4 vs charm/compulsion) | Per +9 | Init +4 | Panache 4/4 | Rage 7/7 | Effects:

Dom waits to see if Erland's suggestion works. Though he's definitely worried that it won't!


Clock Tower Map | Whitethrone

"Det er for mye arbeid å gjøre. Troppene mine er en lat gjeng som trenger konstant disiplin hvis vi skal holde dette stedet glatt og Logrovitsj matet og glad." the troll shoots back.

Spoiler:
"There's too much work to do. My troops are a lazy bunch who need constant discipline if we're to keep this place running smooth and Logrovich fed and happy."

3,401 to 3,450 of 3,465 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's Snows of Summer All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.