Beacons of Hope: Wrath of the Righteous!

Game Master R0B0GEISHA

Battle map

Loot spreadsheet


2,351 to 2,400 of 2,901 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

This one, I believe: +1 cold iron bastard sword. With Martial Versatility, I can.


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

"So the three of us with the special weapons should be hidden nearby." Kelly adds. "And we ought to be hidden long before Arloric 'shows up', just in case this demon somehow spies before attacking."


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric smiles and nods.

"Wise, Kelly. The Crusade is lucky to have you as a tactician."


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

[b] A weak elven woman, unarmed and defenseless would be opportune for laying of a trap ]b] she states/.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

"Are you sure, Telerin? We don't want the monster draining you completely before we attack. No disrespect but I am hardier than you."


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Map is updated with a rough sketch of the "village," such as it is.

The inquisitrix says to Telerin, "We can't fight it either. If you don't favor your chances, you're free to go. My concern right now is with stabilizing our village so that people continue to survive. I also have on my agenda rooting out criminals and cultists, arranging further defenses against demonic hordes, and trying to get more food here, since our scouts are bringing back only meager supplies. Feel free to chip in any way that you think you can. But this is the single most pressing problem. Without destroying this demon, we can't count on anyone surviving. And it will eventually reach the point where everyone flees or the other demons outside get inside, and that's the end of everyone here. Whether they deserve it or not."

Ready to wait for nightfall? Feel free to arrange as you like throughout the village...


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Know planes 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 to see if she knows what might be doing this.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Ready when you are!

"Once we deal with this thing, you're more than welcome to pack up and join us at Defender's Heart. We've turned that inn into our own little fortress in the city, and have been gathering survivors there," Arloric replies.


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

Let's do this!


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 4 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 15/31; Init 0

I am in position.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

I am in position (unless you want me to be someplace else).


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Will someone place Merlin within 30' of whomever is bait. Thank you.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Uriel lounges casually under a bit of cover. Out of easy observation from the air, but where he has a clear view of the central area where Arloric lies 'wounded'. His crossbow is loaded and ready.

Ready. Not entirely sure of the nature of the small buildings, but Uriel's just looking for a covered porch, an open-air pavilion, or something similar with a roof but no wall separating him from the meadow.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Telerin:
Either a vampire or some kind of bloodsucking demon. Possibly a huge fiendish stirge. If it's a vampire you'll want magic silver weapons (but it is probably out of your league in that case). If it's a demon or fiendish stirge, cold iron.

Most of the buildings around the green are ramshackle one or two story affairs, former shop/living quarters that are now stuffed with refugees or owned by whatever local strongman can keep the riff-raff out. Generally they are intact from before the invasion and you can assume that most have a porch or other spot where you can lounge somewhat covered.

Night falls and you wait under cover of darkness.

Your "bait" lounges on a bedroll in the middle of the green, with the aid of a little bit of alcohol sprinkled around the area to make it smell like drunkenness has taken its toll.

About an hour and a half after sunset, those of you on the green hear the faintest buzzing sound and suddenly the darkness gets... darker.

The light level around the village green has dropped by a level, so it's gone from dim (moonlight) to totally dark. Not that this bothers people with darkvision!

If you have darkvision and make Perception DC 14:
You barely spot a bloated flying form descending from the sky toward the center of the green. It is a winged monstrosity with a long proboscis, tiny gripping limbs, and a distended belly. It seems to have a chitinous exoskeleton and compound eyes, and its carapace is as black as the night and seems to shift like oil, blending with the sky behind it.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric stretches out on the bedrol and relaxes as night falls, taking off his eyepatch to let his darkvision work well.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

He spots the monster approaching and a smirk creeps on to his face. It thought it was the predator, but this time, it would be prey! He stands up and makes a show of staggering about.

"Huh? Wuzzat?! Who's 'ere?!" he slurs in his best impression of a drunkard.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Uriel looks around, but can't make anything out just yet.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Arloric pretends to be drunken, and the creature - small, but clearly dangerous, with its flickering chitin and buzzing mosquito-like wings and claws - and a strange buzzing emanates from its wings. It wasn't making this sound before; it seems to be some deliberate, grating, eerie creation on the part of the creature.

Anyone within 30' of the creature must make a DC 14 Fort save or fall unconscious. This is an evil effect, but it is not mind-affecting (it is a form of exhaustion). This potentially hits Arloric and Telerin. Due to elevation differences, Merlin is just outside of range, I believe.

The creature closes in on Arloric, obviously intent on easy prey.

Behind the DM Screen:

Initiative: Aberus Ocellio: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Initiative: Arloric Dziergas-Highbough: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Initiative: Kelly Littlekettle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Initiative: Merlin Brokencrown: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Initiative: Telerin Quenya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Initiative: Uriel Aurelius: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Initiative: Creature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

As we begin, the creature is 15' off the ground. Kelly, Arloric, and Telerin go first, followed by the creature, then everyone else.


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

Why did it get so dark? Nobody said it could do that!
Kelly holds her ground, suppressing her desire to call out in the darkness, waiting for some definitive evidence that the creature was on the ground.

Holding action until I can see it's on the ground


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Know Planes 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 now that she ha more data to use to understand what the creature is.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Fort Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Arloric feels the creature's insidious buzzing and grits his teeth, but stays on his feet. At this stage, he feels it's safe to drop the act.

"Come on, you bloody buzz-bug! Tonight's your last meal!" he cries as he throws a spear at the creature.

Thrown Spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Is the Darkness still present around it? 20' radius, I presume?


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

I ain't worried. I have magic tiefling eyes! 0_0


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

do they have chasme demons in Pathfinder?


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 4 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 15/31; Init 0

I can't see anything but a darker blob inside of a dark blob. So I am probably not much help at the moment.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Darkness sucks!

Merlin frowns in the Darkness. Then the soldier remembers some Blind-fighting techniques.
Move Action Martial Versatility for Blind-fighting feat.

He then casts Enlarge Person.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric glares up at the demon, the iris of his dark eye glinting golden in the dark.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels
Telerin Quenya wrote:
do they have chasme demons in Pathfinder?

Normally no, but I am never one to let edition limitations stop me.

Telerin: Your immunity to magic sleep, as an elf, protects you against the droning. You are not sure what the demon is, though.

Merlin: Yes, the darkness is surrounding the creature. Anyone with regular darkvision can see through it, though.

The droning bug-demon neatly hovers while Arloric's spear flies past it, then zips over to stab at him with its wicked, serrated proboscis.

Behind the DM Screen:

Proboscis attack!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Proboscis damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The demon's snout stabs into Arloric and it laps eagerly at his blood. Arloric takes 7 points of damage.

Uriel and Aberus! (Merlin is casting enlarge person.)


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 4 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 15/31; Init 0

Holding


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

I am reading the new Drizzt book and the day that you posted the description of the demon is the day that I happened to read about them in that novel.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Dammit Salvatore!

Uriel's turn. Will bot tomorrow if he doesn't post.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

I only really like the parts of the Drizzt books that deal with the drow, I am not the biggest fan of the character or his friends.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

I'm a Jaraxle fan, myself.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Watching the creature approach, Uriel silently vowed to Ragathiel that the creature would die this day. When it reached Arloric, he fired, then immediately began reloading.

Activate Smite Evil. +3 to hit, +3 to damage(double on first successful attack), +3 to AC vs target, Attacks ignore all DR. All of that assumes the target is evil. If it's Neutral, the Smite is wasted.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Uriel's crossbow bolt whizzes by, missing the flying monstrosity.

Kelly, Arloric, Telerin.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric seizes the monster even as it sucks his blood. He couldn't let it get away.

Grapple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

She extends her protective aura.


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

Kelly scampers forward in the darkness, heading toward the sounds of struggle. “Arloric! I can’t see, take my sword!” She holds the blade handle out toward where she remembers the Druid being.

I can’t access the map at the moment. Moving toward Arloric. He should be able to use it as a dagger with a -2.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

"Thank you, Kelly! I see it!" Arloric calls back.

Can't grab it until my next turn. :P


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Arloric tries to grab the creature, but it proves to be strong and slippery, easily evading his grasp even as it jabs him with its needle proboscis.

Kelly moves into range to give over her sword, and the horrid creature claws Arloric while continuing to try to bite him and drink his blood!

Behind the DM Screen:

Claw attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Bite attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Claw damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9
Bite damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Arloric takes 14 damage - ouch!

Party time!


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Ignores DR.

Uriel looses another bolt, this one aimed better than the last, then reloads again.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin moves into the darkness. He attempts to locate the creature.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

The soldier then swings blindly for it.
+1 cold iron bastard sword; blind-fighting; divine favor; enlarged: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 8) + 6 = 22

Miss chance 50%; high is hit: 1d100 ⇒ 93

Miss chance 50%; high is hit: 1d100 ⇒ 97


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

Kelly focuses on staying within reach of Arloric, while keeping wary of attack. Total Defense


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric grabs for Kelly's sword.

Do I need to make any checks here?


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Have we hit it?


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

You folks want me to just make an attack roll? I haven't seen hide nor hair of Azura since Christmas.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

That might be good.


Human Druid; HP 33/33 | AC 15 | T 12 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +2 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +11 (Darkvision 60ft)

Dot


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Just so I am clear, we are now 4th level right?


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

What is the group now made up of?

2,351 to 2,400 of 2,901 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.