Beacons of Hope: Wrath of the Righteous!

Game Master JohnnyBlack

The Grey Garrison Map
Aberu's Loot Spreadsheet
Old Loot Spreadsheet


2,251 to 2,300 of 3,077 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Kill the wight, lol


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric grunts in pain as the skeleton strikes him, but when he sees the wight hit Uriel so hard, he realizes it's the true threat. He takes a swing at it, hoping his sword will cut through its dead flesh more readily than it will harm the skeleton.

Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus keeps his holy symbol raised and channels Sarenrae's grace, sending positive energy burning through the undead.

Channel (harm undead): 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

There we go!


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Behind the DM Screen:

Skeleton Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Skeleton Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Wight Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The flash of energy from Aberus annihilates both of the bloody skeletons, and the wight flinches and howls from both the acid, the magic missiles, and the channeled divine power.

The wight is AC 15, so an Aid from Kelly won't let Uriel hit it; but surprisingly, wights don't have DR, so Kelly and Merlin have a chance to finish it off.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin moves to within 10' of the Wight.
Melee scimitar : 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 241d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 141d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Merlin leans over his compatriots and with a mighty swing of his enlarged scimitar, he cleaves off the wight's head (and its right arm, too, but who's counting?)

All is still in the hall... for the moment.


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

These foes are becoming much more dangerous she comments.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin begins leading the way. He searches for any traps, hazards or enemies.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels
Telerin Quenya wrote:
These foes are becoming much more dangerous she comments.

It's like the DM is taking your levels into account.

Merlin moves cautiously through the hall - as much as he can, given his unwieldy size.

Merlin:
You note that the statue at the end of the hall - the one you've come for - is garbed in clerical robes and holding a stick, and someone has cleverly fractured the base so that if someone tried touching the statue it would likely fall over.
There is a mace head on the floor at the base of the statue.

You note that the statue to the right with the dead halfling behind it, the halfling appears to be armored and died from bleeding out from a nasty claw wound to the neck. It looks like he was hit by one of the bloody skeletons, crawled behind the statue for cover, passed out, and bled to death. A small longsword is still clutched in his hand.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin points out his findings.


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

"We should probably pull the statue down now, so it doesn't fall on anybody later."


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

"That's not a bad idea, Kelly. I hope that mace isn't the weapon we came for." he says, gesturing to the mace head on the floor.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus casts Detect Magic, scanning the area around the mace and the statue.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Aberus checks the snapped mace.

Aberus:
The mace has faint traces of leftover magic. It's broken and make whole can't restore it unless your caster level is twice the item's caster level, which it currently is not. You could take it to repair later, or hope to find someone powerful enough to cast greater make whole.

The deceased halfling's gear isn't magical but it looks like the little man did his best to fight regardless. At the very least, it would probably fit Kelly with a little adjustment.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus frowns and says, "Unless you find another one in here... This does have a faint aura, but I can't manage a spell strong enough to repair it. I don't see any other auras."


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric tries to put pressure on his wounds to stanch the bleeding as he looks around the Hall.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

She says a little prayer for the repose of the halfling's soul.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Does anyone need healing?


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

Kelly moves over to check on the halfling body. Anybody I know? What's he got on him?

@Alberus: just a scratch here


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

@Aberus: Unless the bleeding people get a Heal check (DC 15) or magical healing, they will keep bleeding. Arloric's attempts to staunch the bleeding won't work on their own! Note also: While you can't fix the mace now, if you gain a few more levels you may be able to do so, and if you use make whole it will restore the magic so you'll wind up with a magic mace without having to pay for it.

Kelly checks over the halfling. While you don't know him, he looks like he was bravely trying to help fight off the monsters in the invasion. Alas, by himself he was no match for them; he caught a talon in the neck and bled out back here, as there was nobody to stop the bleeding. He likely died a hero, trying to protect common people from the demons and undead.

... a similar fate could await your fellows...

The halfling is gripping a bloody gladius with a fine, leather-bound hilt and a well-honed, broad blade. It looks like he manged to stab a few foes with it, at least. He's wearing a coat of similarly well-made mail armor.

That's a small masterwork cold iron gladius and a small masterwork chain shirt. (The gladius, for people who aren't familiar with it, is basically a shortsword except that it can do slashing or piercing damage, meaning it's good if you need to finesse fight a zombie.)


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

"I'm sure he'd be happy knowing his stuff would go on to to help fight." Kelly says, reverently taking up the dead man's sword and armor. "Rather than having it lie here useless, I mean."


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin stands guard.
Most heroic, but we still need what we came here for.

The soldier prepares to continue.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Well, even if the mace is broken for now, at least Kelly can stab demons as well as Uriel can. We're still making progress!" Arloric replies, a smile coming to his face.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

The loot sheet is showing we still have 6 potions of CLW and 1 potion of CMW. Arloric, suggest you consume what you need.

Edited to add: Kelly, you should take one or two as well.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

I'm down 6, but that's not a big deal unless we enter another major fight today. Lay on Hands should've taken care of my bleeding.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

We can retry the garrison now that we have a cold iron weapon + Radiance. And I have Bless Weapon (domain spell) prepared which can make a weapon +1 and good-aligned for three minutes. That can cover Arloric or Merlin.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Kelly:

This gladius is definitely unusual on many accounts. Halflings don't usually make weapons like this, and someone else making a halfling-sized weapon is also uncommon. It's very well-made and obviously well-cared-for, like an heirloom. Additionally, there's very small writing on the pommel below the hilt, in the Halfling language, that says "All must be liberated or none are free." Your best guess is that this was made by the Bellflower Network, the "halfling liberation front" in Cheliax, where they routinely fight against the oppressive society there that enslaves halflings.

I will assume that Aberus takes 10 on a Heal check to stop Arloric's bleeding.

Good to return to the garrison? Kelly don't forget to update your AC in your profile line if you take the small masterwork chain shirt.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

I was hoping for a bit more.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Life's full of disappointment. ;)


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin looks around, wondering about all the voices in his head...

Are we certain that we don't want to raid the camps outside the walls for more first?


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

You're still in pretty good shape, that's certainly a possibility too!


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

We can try the garrioson again


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

”Trying the camps is not a bad idea. But let’s be quick about it.”

Isn’t someone using Uriel’s cold iron backup sword as well?


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

I think Merlin is, since he has the feats for it.

Now patched up, Arloric straightens up and smiles.

"We may not need the nobles after all, then. I agree that we should be quick about searching the camps: if the demons can't touch the cold iron weapons, they'll have tried to foul them so their enemies can't use them."


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Since you aren't total jerks, you do your best to bury the bodies and say a prayer over them. Then, taking the broken mace and the new arms and armor with you, you set out to the north, to the crusader camps outside of town.

The camps are a mess. Crusaders wait here in tents for months, sometimes years, before setting out on ill-fated ventures toward the Worldwound. The storm winds that blew through knocked over several tents. A shantytown of sorts exists as well, constructed from ramshackle wooden detritus and remnants, where less-than-savory sorts can get drunk or have repairs done on their arms and armor. (It's an open secret that a fair number of "crusaders" are actually criminals on the run, hiding out in the lawless outskirts of the city, just pretending that they're waiting for the right time to go attack the Worldwound when in reality they're evading prosecution in some other city.)

The wrecked "heart" of the crusader camp, the small lane of wooden buildings, is partially demolished, but there's a freshly-made palisade wall surrounding it now and it's even manned by a few hard-bitten armored sorts. Seems that a few of the crusaders survived, and they holed up in their little "town" of their own.

Outside of this area, the landscape is a rash of collapsed or burned tents and bodies. Hacked corpses indicate that crusaders fell, rose up as zombies, and were cut down again. Bodies of minor demons likewise litter the area.

In addition to the small shanty town, a sizable radius of tents survives in the western side of the old encampment, looking like the fires and demons were held off by a ward of some kind (maybe like the one that protected Defender's Heart those few nights ago). To the east there's a small plume of white smoke coming from a large carnival tent.

Those are the three immediately obvious leads!


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

Got items equipped and data line updated. I'll take 2 of the CLW potions, if that's ok.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Absolutely.


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Should we go to Crusader Town? she suggests.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin nods in Telerin's direction. The soldier begins heading that way.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

I have RETURNED!

Arloric follows after Merlin and Telerin.

"Want me to sound my horn to announce ourselves? They may be less likely to suspect us enemies if we come to them openly."


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Uriel nods. "That seems like a good idea." The paladin takes out his holy symbol, prepared to present it as further evidence of their loyalties.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric takes up his horn and sounds a few long, loud notes.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

You approach the low row of tents and shanty buildings that make up the "Crusader Town," as Telerin called it. The low rumble of Arloric's horn accompanies your approach, and you see crusaders on the palisade wall turn to look in your direction.

As you come closer you see, outside of a rough opening in the palisade, a pair of bodies hanging on large posts, with upside-down pentagrams branded on their foreheads. A crow's cage sits just outside the palisade as well, with a reedy, unhealthy-looking human standing inside; the man has a sallow face, a short and ratty beard, and wears only rags. A fresh brand of an upside-down pentagram is on his forehead as well, the flesh around it red and angry. He moans and shakes the bars of the cage as you approach.

The opening of the palisade wall has a large cart filled with debris to one side, so it can easily be pushed shut to block the wall. A rickety tower, constructed out of wood hastily assembled atop a burned-out husk of a brick building, has a functioning ballista atop it, pointed skyward and manned by a lone crusader.

When you get to about 20' from the palisade opening, a crusader on the wall pushes up the visor of his helm. His face is dirt-smeared and disheveled, and his armor isn't much better; blood and dirt and sweat all stain the tabard over his mail coat.

"Halt and state your identities," he shouts down to you.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Uriel holds up his holy symbol. "I am Uriel Aurelius, paladin of Ragathiel."


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

"Easily spoken words in these dark times; how can we know that your faith is true?" replies the crusader in a tired and weary voice.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

In a low voice so only his friends can hear, Aberus says "We don't have time for this." He steps forward and raises his holy symbol, then calls out, "Aberus Ocellio, priest of Sarenrae."

Once he gets within 30ft of the man on the wall, he channels positive energy, excluding whatever it is that is in the cage.

Channel positive energy (heal): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

"Will that suffice?"


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Arloric, of the blood of Dziergas, of the clan Highbough! I fight for the land and the people who live from it! I can assure you, the demons are as much our enemies as yours!" Arloric replies.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

”Have you any amongst whom the gods have gifted with the ability to discern the good or evil within one’s soul? Let them look and see what they find. Or give me a Demon to slay.”


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Aye! We're retaking the city!" Arloric adds.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin lowers his shield.
Merlin of Sarenrae. We are taking our city back!

2,251 to 2,300 of 3,077 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.