Beacons of Hope: Wrath of the Righteous!

Game Master JohnnyBlack

The Grey Garrison Map
Aberu's Loot Spreadsheet
Old Loot Spreadsheet


2,201 to 2,250 of 3,104 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus finishes his tea and sets the cup and saucer down. "Thank you for that. I'd almost forgotten how to relax." He smiles, then continues. "Unless we have dissenting opinions, I think the Hall of Heroes. Though as Merlin points out, that may have to wait until tomorrow. We are all spent."


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56 | AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 12/14

Kelly seems to be drifting off already, her teacup threatening to fall from her hand as she nods.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Horgus nods and says, "Please, erm, partake of the hospitality of my household, such as it is. The unseen servants help so it's not too much of a bother to have the beds made and the dishes cleaned."

Horgus directs the servants to produce some victuals from storage - pickles, sausage that the servants heat up on a stove, a kind of cabbage slaw with bits of dried crackers (croutons?) in it. The flavor of the meal is quite a difference from the bland vegetable soup, dry biscuits and jerky that have sustained you recently. He also has the servants prepare another pot of tea, and then for dessert a delicacy - ground cacao powder in milk with a hint of chili pepper, both sweet and spicy. It's all you can do to stumble up to the guest rooms and fall into bed.

For once, there are no screams, no nightmares. The wall around Horgus' estate keeps such distractions in the distance, and your slumber is undisturbed by those kinds of troubles. It is, overall, a more sedate night than you've had since the invasion.

In the morning, Horgus has already directed the servants to wash and press your clothing while you slept; your armor is shined, weapons cleaned. You feel as if perhaps you can turn this crusade around.

After a quick repast of hot oatmeal and cold fruit, you give your regards and set off to the Hall of Heroes.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Hall of Heroes is a long building with a red slate roof and stout wooden walls, but even this place has taken a beating. The gardens around it are trampled and in some places burned and blackened. The building runs predominantly north to south, essentially a long hallway with displays and statues on either side in the interior. From outside, the southern doors (the main entrance) have been riven and splintered open. The early morning sunlight that shines in shows smears of dry blood on the floor and a few lingering bodies at the base of some of the statues.

Anyone want to try sneaking up to scout ahead?


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric rises with the sun, and sings a small prayer to the cycle of nature before the others waken.

When they arrive at the Hall, he frowns.

"I don't think any of us are the best scouts. Gods, I wish Dorne was here."


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin rise--thanking the Dawn--and prepares his equipment.
He eats and readies himself.
Stealth is not my specialty, but I am perceptive.


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56 | AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 12/14

"I haven't trained specifically in being sneaky," Kelly admits, "but I am small and nimble."


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Uriel ignores the others for a moment, concentrating his senses on the entrance. Detect Evil, aiming the cone toward the entrance. I’ll hold for the full three rounds unless interrupted.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"If we must charge the gate, Uriel shall lead it. It is only fitting for him to honor his ancestors so," Arloric comments.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Uriel concentrates...

Uriel:
After only a few moments, you sense the presence of supernatural evil. It ramps up to a moderate aura and four faint ones.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Uriel holds up a hand quickly. "There is evil inside. One pretty significant aura, and four lesser ones. We should exercise caution."


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus frowns. "It feels like this is going to be one of those 'chicken and egg' problems."


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Uriel:
Remember that an evil aura isn't always a demon - it could be undead, or an evil cleric. Those are much easier for you to fight right now!


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin eases his sword out of its scabbard.


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The elf will begin to concentrate, bringing the words of a spell to mind.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric draws his own sword and gives Uriel an encouraging nod.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

So whooooo's opening the door?

Very cautiously you creep forward and sneak a peek through the double doorway.

The floor is littered with a few bodies, most several days old. A few of them are wearing arms and armor of local crusaders, but it looks like something exploded or melted the flesh off of the bones without breaking their armor and clothing. One near the back of the Hall has a nasty wound in the guts, slumped at the foot of a display case with a mannequin of Chaplain Olivier. A dead halfling crusader likewise lies sprawled in one of the alcoves, having crawled behind one of the statues - only the small bare feet sticking out giving away the poor soul's fate.

Map updated!


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus pulls out and readies his mace. He turns to face Uriel, and then gestures left, then right, then shrugs with a quizzical look.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric proceeds to look down the left, the yellow iris of his black eye glowing in the dark.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Sunlight still filters in through the tall glass windows, shattered or whole; it is easy to see the carnage left behind here. Nothing seems to be moving or lurking.

Uriel:
As you concentrate you are able to home in on the sense of evil, emanating from the fleshless corpses and the gutted one at the far end of the hall, though not from the halfling.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Uriel leads the way, stopping at the doors. He whispers to the others "Some of the bodies seem to be the source of some evil. Dead villains, or perhaps men felled by evil means that linger still. But there may be something else is still inside. It could be a demon, undead, an evil priest, there's no way to be sure." He cautiously opens the door, before heading in first. As he goes, he gestures to Arloric and Aberus to cover the first pair of alcoves, then presses past them himself.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Anyone wanna cast any buff spells before you all go in?


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus quietly says a short prayer to Sarenrae, holds up his ankh, and touches Uriel on his shoulder.

Casting Resistance on Uriel.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin says a prayer to Sarenrae.
Shield of Faith.

He then brings up the rear, guarding their back.


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56 | AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 12/14

Kelly draws her blade and steadies herself. "Let's do this."


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric draws his own sword and nods to the others.

"Willing and able," he says.

I can't wait to rebuild Arloric so he can actually do other things in combat besides act as a cut-rate Fighter.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

As expected, when you cross the threshold, the corpses lurch to their feet. The sheared skeletons make an odd squishing sound and blood floods out of their armor, while the gutted corpse rises suddenly with a hiss and its face distorts into a withered grimace with empty eyes.

Behind the DM screen:

Arloric: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Kelly: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Merlin: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Merlin reroll: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Telerin: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Undead: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Knowledge (religion) DC 14 (this is a free action):
There's something odd about the skeletons - they're very bloody. Supernaturally so. You think they are not just run-of-the-mill skeletons.
The other undead you recognize as a wight!

Round 1! Merlin, then the undead, then the rest of the party!


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Hellooooo?


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Sorry, didn't realize the fight had started!

Arloric takes up a position by Uriel, bracing himself for the abominations to come.

"We will return these monsters to the earth where they belong!"


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Being in the rearguard, Merlin casts Divine Favor. He then remembers his training, activating Martial Versatility (Weapon Focus).


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Merlin finishes his spell just as the bloody skeletons scramble to their feet. They lurch toward the front line, blood soaking through their boots and leaving gruesome footprints.

Fortunately only one of them has time to lunge for Arloric.

Behind the DM Screen:

Bloody skeleton #2: Claw attack vs. Arloric: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Arloric shifts back on his heels and knocks away the reaching, gore-covered claws of the skeleton.

The wight, meanwhile, launches itself forward and then clambers up next to one of the statues, standing up on the base. High ground.

Rest o' the party!


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

She activates her protective aura.,


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56 | AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 12/14

Kelly charges in beside Uriel, stabbing at the skellyman she meets.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 25 +charge, Crowd Control
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Conditions:

Crowd Control +1 (Ex) If 2+ foes adjacent, +1 to hit & AC.
| AC18 (T16 FF14) |


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Aberus steps into the room and stops a few feet behind the defensive line. "Those are not skeletons," he says. "Though that one is a wight."

He lifts his ankh up before him and channels energy to harm undead.

Channel energy (harm undead): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Doesn't matter WHAT they are, we'll return them all to the earth!" Arloric says as he swings at the monster that attempted to claw him.

Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Telerin raises her shield against the foes, while Kelly stabs the bloody skeleton but her knife is less than effective against armored bones.

You need a bludgeoning weapon! Got a frying pan?

Behind the DM Screen:

Bloody skeleton #1: Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Bloody skeleton #2: Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Bloody skeleton #3: Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Bloody skeleton #4: Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Wight: Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

There's a sizzling sound as Aberus holds forth his holy symbol, and black smoke rises from the skeletons. The wight flinches but seems barely affected.

Uriel?


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin steps 5' into the room.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Sorry, been busy. I’m on my phone, can’t see Roll20 atm. Someone can move me if need be.

Uriel draws his blade and moves to attack the nearest skeleton.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Crit?
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Uriel smashes the bloody skeleton before him, sending it flying apart in flinders. Gouts of blood spray across him, though this is nothing new.

Behind the DM Screen:

Bloody skeleton #2: Claw Arloric: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Bloody skeleton #3: Claw Kelly: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Bloody skeleton #4: Claw Uriel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Bloody skeleton #2 claw damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Bloody skeleton #3 claw damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Bloody skeleton #4 claw damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The skeletons close in, one lurching into position where its predecessor fell. Wicked claws slash at the party, while the wight remains perched on the statue, hissing and snarling.

Arloric takes 2 damage, Kelly takes 5 damage, and Uriel takes 5 damage. Each of you is now suffering from 1 point of bleed, so you lose 1 additional hit point on your turn each round until the wound is treated with Heal skill or magical healing.

Party up!


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Blast!" Arloric swears as he begins to bleed. "Now I know how they're not ordinary skeletons!"

He strikes again.

Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Crit?

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56 | AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 12/14

Realizing she can't hurt the skeletons much, Kelly focuses on helping Uriel.

Aid Another: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Your choice of +2 AC or Attack


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

kNOW rELIIGON 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

These undead are beyond my ken she says

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 rta

as she begins to chant an arrow of acid shoots out from her hand and strikes at the wight
2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 damage

Be gone foul beast!


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

it will last one more round for the same rate 2d4 of damage


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus holds up his holy symbol and speaks the words to a spell.

Standard action: Cast Bless. Everyone has 1 morale to attack and +1 morale to save vs Fear effects


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

On my phone again, can’t access roll20. If possible I’ll move into a flank with someone else. If not, oh well. Taking Kelly’s aid to Attack (already figured in below).

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin casts Enlarge Person on himself, so that he can reach over his companions.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Merlin starts casting a spell. Telerin blasts the wight with an acid arrow, and it lets out an angry hiss as its already-rotten flesh sizzles and smokes! Uriel can't get into a flank as the bloody skeletons have formed a line, but he smashes the one right in front of him to flinders, spreading more bloody gore.

Behind the DM Screen:

Bloody skeleton #2: Claws vs. Arloric: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Bloody skeleton #3: Claws vs. Kelly: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Bloody skeleton #2: Claw damage vs. Arloric: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Wight: Slam vs. Uriel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Wight: Slam damage vs. Uriel: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The skeletons continue clawing at the party, and Arloric takes another claw that bleeds excessively. The wight leaps from the statue and rushes to the gap in the front line, where it lashes out at Uriel with its withered fist. It connects solidly with the paladin, causing his armor to let out a groan as the metal crumples under the supernatural force of the blow.

Arloric takes 2 damage and 1 more bleed (now bleeding 2/round). Uriel takes 5 damage and must make a DC 14 Fortitude save or take a negative level!

Party's turn - Merlin grows to large size as soon as his turn arrives.


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The acid does an additional
2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 damage


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Seeing the wight continue to approach, even though it has been harmed with positive energy and has been harmed by acid, she concentrates on the ring she wears and uses it to call upon a spell she knows but has not memorized as two eldritch bolts emerge from her hand, in the form of a silver dragon and strike the wight, unerringly.
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9 Magic Missile


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

19 pts of damage, not too shabby for a 3rd level wizard


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Uriel quickly charges a hand with positive energy, before touching his wounded side.
Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 4

He then returns his hand to his blade and attacks the remaining skeleton.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

I doubt that hit. Perhaps an Aid for Kelly?

2,201 to 2,250 of 3,104 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.