Beacons of Hope: Wrath of the Righteous!

Game Master R0B0GEISHA

Battle map

Loot spreadsheet


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,898 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 4 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 15/31; Init 0

"Who needs healing?"


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

She will cast detect magic to make sure that they miss nothing.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Telerin finds no signs that the group has missed anything from their skirmish here; it's likely that this is just a group of low-ranking fodder for the cultist forces.

Moving on...

Feel free to do healing if needed, Aberus - you rested at least 10 mins for Kelly's fatigue to clear.

You take a little time to clean up the shrine to Iomedae, though the longsword traditionally held over the sunburst on the south wall is still missing and it takes some work (and some prestidigitation) to get all of the filth off the walls.

Arloric and Aberus take a moment to kneel at the altar to make a quick benediction, as Uriel shrinks back to normal size and keeps a watch at the door to the east.

Behind the DM screen:

Roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Arloric:
While kneeling at the shrine you note that the strange inscriptions on the wall align - from this angle - to form an optical parallax that looks like the shape of a sword made from words that say "Let us inherit thine arms, Iomedae."

Anything else? No signs of remaining magic in the befouleed shrine.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric raises an eyebrow as the inscription is revealed.

"Let us inherit thine arms, Iomedae," he says, repeating the words.

He takes a closer look around, wondering what the gods could be trying to tell them.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Seems to be a benediction, but the utility - if any - is not immediately clear.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric tries to look and see if the sword-shape is pointing at something.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin continues to look for secret doors.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"What was that, Arloric?" Uriel says, after looking around carefully.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Arloric:
The optical illusion of the blade doesn't seem to point to anything in specific.

Merlin:
Still no signs of secret doors here.

Uriel:
You can vaguely make out a high-pitched voice, muffled by the door to the east, saying something... in Celestial, maybe? Something about 'smiting.'


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Hearing a voice, Uriel's brow furrows suddenly. He holds up a hand to the others and nods toward the eastern door, pantomiming a mouth with his hand.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric is about to repeat the phrase when Uriel shushes him. He nods and inclines his head to the door, letting the paladin take the lead.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin approaches the door.
The 1/2 elf listens.
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 4 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 15/31; Init 0

Channel (healing): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

Everyone gets 8 hp of healing.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin nods in gratitude to Aberus.


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

Kelly seems to come back to reality. "Voices?" she whispers, "more cultists?"
She draws her knife and steps closer to the others.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric makes sure his sword is ready, keeping silent at Uriel's behest.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

"Not sure. It sounded like they were speaking Celestial, though." Uriel says, keeping his voice low. Once the others are ready, Uriel will lead the way cautiously through the door. Not charging through with blade drawn, but still wary. You never know.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

She will cast detect magic in the altar area


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric blinks in surprise. As well as he can blink, anyway, as his black and gold eye doesn't seem to move in its socket and his eyelid doesn't seem to twitch (in case you forgot that feature!).

"The tongue of your angel kin? That's...not what I'd expect from the enemy."


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Telerin:
The altar has no residual magic; it is simply a place for crusaders to kneel and make a devotion before they proceed deeper into the complex.

Uriel pushes open the eastern door...

This room was once some sort of museum, but its contents have been smashed and scattered across the room—even the shelves have been shattered and torn apart in places. The decapitated bodies of two knights, their armor and bodies broken and mangled, lie in the ruins.

Three horrid demons occupy the shattered remnants of this chamber. These deformed, horned, hunchbacked humanoids have forked, ratlike tails and two thumbs on each taloned hand. Two of them are using the heads from the pulverized bodies as puppets, chittering in high-pitched celestial as they make a show out of the remains, while the third claps its hands with glee.

Behind the DM Screen:

Initiative: Demons: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Initiative: Aberus: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Initiative: Arloric: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Initiative: Kelly: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Initiative: Merlin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Initiative: Telerin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

For those who can detect evil freely, these creatures are definitely supernatural evil.

Knowledge (planes) DC 13:
These are abrikandilu demons, a kind of ratlike creature that revels in destruction. They are resistant to damage except from cold iron weapons, and have a special hatred of mirrors.

ROUND 1
Arloric, Kelly, Merlin, Aberus <--
Monsters
Telerin


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin approaches the filthy creatures; drawing out a Tanglefoot bag. He tosses it at them.
range touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Does opening the door count as my action? I don't seem to be in the order for Round 1.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Opening the door does not count as your action, it is what starts the combat rounds.

Initiative: Uriel: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Uriel goes with the rest of the party, before the demons.

Merlin hurls an alchemical bag of goo, but the demon just barely avoids it! Touch/flatfooted AC of 10.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

The sight of the knights corpses being used for mirth infuriates Uriel, and he steps to the first demon just as Radiance clears its scabbard. "Die filth!" he shouts as he brings the sword down at the demon. Unfortunately, he misses cleanly.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 4 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 15/31; Init 0

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Aberus says, "Abrikandilu. Without cold iron weapons, this will be a hard fight."

He takes his holy symbol into his hands and speaks the words to a spell.

Standard action: Cast Bless (+1 morale to attacks and saves vs. fear effects)


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric lifts his sword and begins a droning chant ending in a low howl that seems to resonate with the walls of the fortress, making them shake and rain stones down upon the demons!

Stone Call Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

After this, the area will be difficult terrain.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Know planes 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

These are abrikandilu demons, a kind of ratlike creature that revels in destruction. They are resistant to damage except from cold iron weapons, and have a special hatred of mirrors.


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

I can't seem to get roll20 to load, so I can't see the map.
Kelly follows Merlin and Uriel in, not straying to far from them.

Attack if I can get one: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Whole room is basically difficult terrain now due to the stone call.

Since stone call does bludgeoning damage, DR applies to it.

Moved Kelly up by Uriel, and Telerin into the room next to the battle.

Behind the DM Screen:

Demon #3 bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Demon #3 claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Demon #3 claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Demon #2 summon: 1d100 ⇒ 48
Demon #1 concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Uriel misses with radiance on his opening swing, as does Kelly. Aberus calls down a blessing as the demons close in, chittering like excited rats.

The demon facing Uriel (#3) snarls and snaps at the paladin with claws and bite. The paladin easily wards it off.

The demon in back (#2) makes a horrid chittering chanting noise. Nothing happens!

The demon facing Kelly (#1) bulges its eyes out and makes a terrible, loud screech!

Kelly needs to make a DC 12 Will save vs. cause fear.

Telerin casts protection from evil on herself so that she can move freely through the area without being attacked by the demons.

ROUND 2
Arloric, Kelly, Merlin, Aberus <--
Monsters
Telerin


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Arloric moves to stand shoulder to shoulder with Uriel and uses his sword to harry the demon into Radiance's path!

Arloric with Aid Another to help Uriel's next attack!

Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

And Uriel, sorry!


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin moves to the Paladin's other side; defending his position.
aid another +2 AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Kelly, Uriel, Aberus still to go


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

Uriel attacks again, hoping for better results this time with his shining blade.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 4 = 20
Kelly blinks once, then zips between the demons into a flank with Uriel.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
She stabs at the rat from behind.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Crowd Control +1 (Ex) If 2+ foes adjacent, +1 to hit & AC
| AC18 (T16 FF14) |


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Uriel swings and misses, while Kelly hits but her weapon is ineffective.

Kelly, you cannot penetrate the DR of these creatures.

Aberus is up, so it's good he's back!


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

Thought so. I'll be here for flanks, then, and I can roll to assist


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 4 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 15/31; Init 0

Aberus makes his way into the room, positioning himself between Uriel and Arloric. Swinging his scimitar at the demon, he attempts to distract it in order to create an opening for the paladin and Radiance.

Aid Another (+2 to hit): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 1 = 22

Uriel gets +2 on his next attack roll


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Is there a picture of these things?


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9
Telerin Quenya wrote:
Is there a picture of these things?

Here's one.


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Those things are ugly


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Well, they can't ALL be succubi! ;)


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

The demons chitter and close in to savage with bites and claws!

Behind the DM Screen:

Demon 1: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Demon 1: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Demon 1: Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Demon 1: Claw damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Demon 1: Claw damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Demon 1: Bite damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Demon 2: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Demon 2: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Demon 2: Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Demon 3: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Demon 3: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Demon 3: Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Demon 1: Bite damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Uriel finds himself battered by the demon that steps up to give him a nasty time (#1). Its claws tear through his defenses and it snaps at him, leaving a gouge in his shoulder.

Kelly manages to fend off the demon that she stabbed (#2), though she's not sure how to hurt it!

Arloric manages to keep the claws of his foe away, but he too takes a bite from the nasty fangs of the ratlike demon!

Uriel takes 15 damage. Arloric takes 3 damage. Both must make a DC 13 Fortitute save (this is a curse effect) or take a -1 penalty on all Charisma checks for 24 hours.

PARTY UP!


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin continues to aid in Uriel's defense.
aid another +2 AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 4 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 15/31; Init 0

Aberus takes his silver ankh into his hand and sends forth a warm radiance, calling on Sarenrae to heal his allies.

"I'm concerned, Uriel. This may as well be three against one."

Standard action: Channel to heal, excluding the demons.

Channel + energy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 4|HP: 29/29|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +9

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Arloric's black eye glares as the curse takes hold.

He tries to help Uriel fight on.

Aid Another (+2 to hit): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

She activates her protective ward.


F Halfling Barbarian 4 | HP 26/45| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +10 | Rage 1/12

Kelly jabs at the demon between her and Uriel, knowing she can't hurt it but hoping to distract it.

Aid Another to boost Uriel's attack +2: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12

Crowd Control +1 (Ex) If 2+ foes adjacent, +1 to hit & AC
| AC18 (T16 FF14) |


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 4 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor); hp 40/40; F +9, R +6, W +8; +2 vs. evil

I’m away from home and can’t see the map. Someone move me if necessary.

Uriel attacks the nearest rat-demon. ”Go back to the Abyss, fiend!”

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Bloody Heck. Send these rolls to the lower planes too.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Even with the assistance of his allies, Uriel's heavy swing of Radiance just catches air. The rat-demons chitter and you think they're laughing at you.

Behind the DM Screen:

vs. Uriel
Demon 1: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Demon 1: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Demon 1: Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Demon 1: Claw damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Demon 1: Bite damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

vs. Kelly
Demon 2: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Demon 2: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Demon 2: Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Demon 2: Bite damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

vs. Arloric
Demon 3: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Demon 3: Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Demon 3: Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Demon 3: Confirm crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Demon 3: Bite damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The demons continue biting and clawing. Uriel finds himself brutalized with claw and fang. Kelly and Arloric likewise are bitten, though Arloric turns at the last second and prevents a brutal bite!

Uriel takes 14 damage. Kelly takes 4 damage. Arloric takes 8 damage. Each of you must make the aforementioned DC 13 Fortitude save or take a -1 penalty on Charisma checks for 24 hours as you are shaken by a curse that saps your confidence. This effect stacks.

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,898 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.