Balodek's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Balodek

Ironfang Invasion GM'd by Balodek

Treasure Sheet

Refugee Camp Spreadsheet

Nesmian Plains

Chernasardo

Caves

Ruins

Current Battle


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,006 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan frowns at the condition of the people. They were not lucky enough to get some woodsmen, he laments.

He does what he can to correct the most desperate issues while the others chat. He looks for a leader among the people as well.

Shadow Lodge

Naspen scowls fiercely at your critique of his group. "We've done our best, some of us have come from an even more ragtag group to the east. They were living in a spider infested tree house if you can believe it."

Looking about the group as their leader attempts to convince you of his worth, you've never seen a group of sorrier souls. Truly the word downtrodden was invented in order to describe the state of their camp and bodies.

Bazsil:

During your examination of the inhabitants and their conditions, you can't help but notice that they all appear to have something...moving, under their skin.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

"Bor? BOR! Come look at this," Bazsil points to the wriggly skin of one of the people, smiling at the victim to make nice.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 Diplomacy

"Now, what's your name? I'm Bazsil," Bazsil asks this particular victim. "My friend Bor is a fine medic, I tells you. And don't mind the madness in his eyes, it helps him see things that you'll want him to see. How long ago did this wriggling start?"

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor walks over as Baszil begins calling to him. Seeing the wriggling skin he gasps, but holds it back. "Does that hurt?" He looks over the strange condition.

Heal: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Shadow Lodge

The man seems lethargic and unaware of what you speak. "Willem my lord, my name is Willem." Bor examines the wriggling and quickly recoils, recognizing them as wolf-in-sheep's-clothing eggs. "We got sick a few days ago, we'd finally caught a deer and had some good meat to eat. But then we got sick..."

Interviews with several of the other refugees reveal they also got sick after eating the deer. The deer carcass has been left on top of a pile of garbage hidden out of sight. Examination of the rotting carcass doesn't tell you much, other than these people have no idea how to butcher a deer.

Krowe's knowledge of the arcane is enough to tell you that wolf-in-sheep's-clothing are parasitic predators that disguise themselves as tree stumps and use the corpses of slain creatures to lure their prey closer.

Further examination by Bor leads you to believe you have 2 days, 3 at the most, before the eggs hatch.

K. Nature or Dungeoneering DC 20:

There is a local herb called glossleaf that is highly poisonous to WISC but only mildly toxic to humans. A tincture made from the berries would work to remove the eggs.

You can find the glossleaf along the banks of the river, it will take a DC 20 Nature or Survival check and 1d4 hours, each tincture producing 1d6 cures. You need 23 to cure all of the refugees.

Naspen protests as you search among his people. "See here now, we've done alright for ourselves and you think you can just come in here and tell us how to survive?" The man seems less sure of himself after you explain just what has happened to his camp.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor pulls Naspar closer. "Look we ain't telling you how to survive. But this crew has 3 days at most and they will all be dead. You see that wriggling. That is a nasty parasite that is killing them."

Bor has neither of those skills trained.

"I don't know much what to do about it right now but one of my companions might have an idea or two." He pats the man on the back. "You have done alright so far. You carried them this far. Let us help."


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Faolan looks at the people and shakes his head. They're all going to die.

"Naspen relax. We're here to help. If you don't want our help, we'll leave - but you'll be worse off for not accepting what we have to offer."

He keeps his distance, not wanting to himself be infected.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Know (Dungeoneering)
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 Know (Nature)

”What, Bor? You sure? Wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing?” Bazsil’s face tries to seem completely calm and not worried at all. ”Oh yeah, that’s totally easy to fix. Just...uh...just need to speak to my mates over here...” Bazsil calmly drags Bor and Faolan out of hearing distance from anyone.

Bazsil smiles at Naspen, trying to keep his cool but is pretty worried. When he gets them alone, he will explain the spoiler above.

”I think we need to take some time and scour the river for some damn glossleaf,” Bazsil says. ”We’re gunna need a LOT of it, I think. And that’s going to take some time unless we can find a way to buy or grow it in a hurry.”


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan smiles, glad there's something that can be done - even if it's unlikely.

"Let's get to it then!" What time of day is it? Faolan will search until dusk.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 vs DC 20 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 vs DC 20 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 vs DC 20 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Herb: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 vs DC 20 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

"Then we shouldn't waste anymore time." Bors sets of with faolan to hunt down this glossleaf.

Here are some rolls as Bor would go with Faolan.

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Hours: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Cures: 1d6 ⇒ 4


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Bor - you can just take-10 and succeed at every roll. There's no bonus for doing better than 20...


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil is more than happy to beat the bushes looking for glossleaf.

Take 10 Nature=21. 1d4 ⇒ 2 hours 1d6 ⇒ 5 cures
Take 10 Nature=21. 1d4 ⇒ 1 hours 1d6 ⇒ 5 cures
Take 10 Nature=21. 1d4 ⇒ 1 hours 1d6 ⇒ 5 cures

In a mere 5 hours of work, Bazsil scores more than a dozen doses of the cure, and then takes some time to sing while watching Bor flail around and miss some obvious bushes. He thinks to help but also is enjoying some free time to think of lyrics that he might use to share when they get back to Misthome.

”And Bor saw the cooties, and cried ‘Nevermore!”
”And Faolan stumbled to the river to search ‘ere the cure,”
”Krowe sad fatted on branch, being a bore,”
”But it was I who found solutions, that was for sure.”

Shadow Lodge

Finding the camp at midday, you spent the rest of the day gathering the necessary herbs and a few more after that preparing tinctures for the refugees. They apply them and spend the night ill for their efforts.

You spend the night guarding them, despite their complete lack of woodcraft they have a decent spot for their camp. If not for the thousands of bloodthirsty hobgoblins marching through the area you could almost forgive them for picking one with such an easy view of the river.

The night passes without further incident and the refugees show no sign of the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing come morning. You've averted an ecological disaster for sure.

"Well, thank you much for helping us out there. We won't forget it and that's a fact." Despite Naspen's firm look, you see that several of his followers seem less confident in his continued leadership. "Be sure to let us know if we can ever return the favor."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil practices a few songs while sitting in camp, thankful that people are getting better. He is pleased to see that they are not pissing out wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing or vomiting or whatever the final stage of the parasite is. He’s pretty sure he doesn’t want to know.

”You are welcome, Naspen. But now you must do better by these people. You need to find a place, a home, a way to rebuild and then to fight,” Bazsil replies. ”And if you wish to repay us, that is what you will do. We don’t want this war, but we are in this war. And we’ll be in this war until we can fight them off. We’ll need you and your people to be strong. Can you do this? Can you rebuild, fight?” Bazsil asks in a deep voice.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 Diplomacy


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan nods along with Bazsil's speeching. "The hobgoblins aren't going to go away on their own. You need to stand up and fight, we can help provide supplies, weapons, whatever you may need."

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12 vs DC 10

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

"Or at least go out and take as many of them with you as you can." Bor says grimly.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Human | AC 13(17) FF 10(14) T 13(17)| HP 63/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Happy to let the mercs take the lead, Krowe keeps his distance from Naspen Jarth and his band of survivors. Too much about their pitiful existence hits too close to home. Desperate people do desperate things, and he’s more than a little suspicious about what sort of bargains Naspen might have made to make it this far.

Though every ally is needed in the fight against the Legion, he thinks it wise to keep these folk at arms length until they are back on their feet and more familiar.

”This location isn’t safe. There is a hidden redoubt we cleared out a while back, and I think you should take your people there. We will send what supplies we can, and perhaps we can work together once you’ve all recovered your strength.”

Auto aid diplomacy.

Shadow Lodge

Jarth scratches his head. "Hidden what now? If you got a better base I suppose we could move there. We uh...well we haven't had much luck hunting, don't suppose you've got a way to teach us that?"

After some negotiation and instructions you're certain even the refugees can't mess up, you resolve to check on them again soon.

Where to next?


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

When the party is alone again, and planning their next move, Faolan suggests, "Let's check on the other refugee camp out here and see if they're any better off. Then maybe see what we can do about finding the right mine to search."

He figures they'll spend the night here, with the refugees, teaching them how to survive as best they can. Then leave at first light. At some point he'll ask for directions to the other refugees they spoke of.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human | AC 13(17) FF 10(14) T 13(17)| HP 63/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Knowing he and then mercs are capable of foraging and hunting for food if they need to, Krowe leaves most of his rations with Naspen, along with a map to the Redoubt and promises of further supplies if Naspen moves his group there.

I would like to collect something from Naspen to aid in a scrying spell: perhaps take a bandage of any are left from healing them, purchase a small possession, or snag a stray strand of hair from his clothes. If this can’t be done without alarming him, then I’ll abandon the attempt, but I’ll still try to draw his likeness in Krowe’s journal with a craft check boosted with crafter’s fortune.

Arcane point for quick study to swap infernal healing for crafter’s fortune
Craft + crafter’s fortune: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Krowe frowns at the awful drawing in his journal.

***

Upon leaving Naspen’s survivors, Krowe offers his opinion on what to do next.

”Let’s check on those other survivors, but before we head off to investigate the mines at Radya’s Hollow we should look into our scouts that went missing near Blooder’s Bend.”

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor agrees "Those scouts could still be alive if we are lucky." He begins to tick off his fingers one at a time. "Refugee camp, missing scouts, mines."


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Foalan nods, smiling, "Very wise Krowe. We'll do as you suggest."


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil nods, happy to not have to make the next decision. ”Yes, that is a good plan. I guess if you’re not good at finding leafs by the river, you might has well keep an eye on the big picture.”

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The refugees seem unsure of being left along, until Bazsil extorts them to greatness. A sense of purpose fills them, a need to accomplish great things. A willingness to fight for the Fangwood. "We will fight for you!"

Naspen is not a fan of having Krowe possess some of his hair. "Hey, that sounds like witch or fey work yeah?" After some convincing he sells you a pair of dirty socks for a mere copper piece. "So, uh, you're just going to talk into the sock then?"

Sock communication sorted, you mount your phantom chariot and ride towards Blooder's Bend. Which other survivors did you mean?


Human | AC 13(17) FF 10(14) T 13(17)| HP 63/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Naspen mentioned another band of survivors living in a spider infested treehouse?

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

That was y'all back on Day 3 of your escape. ;)


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

”Uh, maybe we should go to the mines now?” Bazsil asks.


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"Well, we don't yet know which mine to search, and I don't think we should waste our time searching them all. Hells, I don't even think we know where they all are. Let's start with Blooder's Bend, Bazsil." Foalan speaks very slowly so as not to trip up the last few words.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

”Yeah, fine,” Bazsil relents. ”I’ve just never been in a mine before. Have you? I hear that’s where gold comes from, you know?” Bazsil pleads, wondering what magical mysteries could be inside a mine.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

As they head on out to Blooder's Bend Bor speaks up a bit on a theory. "Do you think the hobgoblins are using the mines to get around so quickly unnoticed? Maybe they branched them out closer around towns and all through the forest. Noone would have seen them coming."

Shadow Lodge

Chariot bound and decision made, you ride to Blooder’s Bend, a wide, dry creek bed where the scouts maintain a small redoubt. Almost entirely obscured from daylight by the forest’s thick canopy, the area exists in perpetual gloom.

Perception DC 20:

You hear muttering in the trees ahead, near the location of the ranger redoubt. It sounds like Goblin.

Survival DC 25:

There have been several battles here. Blood is splashed on the rocks and footprints have been hastily covered. No bodies are evident, nor a place where they might have fallen other than the stray blood.


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

"Aye, the mines & underdark would be a way to travel without our notice. Far distances, large groups, the works. But it's dangerous down there. I have to imagine they lost troops in the attempt."

He shudders slightly, not wanting to spend that much time below if he can help it.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 vs DC 20
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 vs DC 25

He holds up his hand and whispers to the others, "Goblin voices ahead."

He draws his shield and readies himself for the trap they may have just ridden into...


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

”Goblins, huh?” Bazsil steps off the chariot, drawing his long sword. B]”What else would they be doing here but the bidding of the hobbos, huh?”[/b]

Bazsil cranes to listen.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 Percpetion

He casts extended Heroism on himself and Faolan.


Human | AC 13(17) FF 10(14) T 13(17)| HP 63/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

At Faolan’s warning Krowe reigns the chariot to a stop and steps off. He strains to hear the voices, but can’t, though he trusts his companions’ senses on the matter.

Grabbing his spellbook he quickly studies a spell and focuses his energy in replacing one fixed in his mind.

Arcane point for quick study to swap phantom chariot for greater aggressive thundercloud.

”Gather close.” Krowe says, then casts a sphere of invisibility.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Bor stays close by. "Do we have to worry about them much? Goblins don't tend to survive much on their own in ideal conditions let along in the middle of a war."

Shadow Lodge

You move ahead, hands on shoulders, towards the voices.

Goblin:

"You hear that?"
"No you oaf, I can't hear anything over your snoring."
"That doesn't even make sense, I'm not sleeping."

You make out four voices as you move closer. Hiding behind some bushes and watching the surrounding area you find four hobgoblins. They wear torn uniforms and appear to be deserters. They have not noticed you, they are too busy arguing with each other to pay careful attention to their ambush.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil speaks out, stepping out of the invisibility sphere in the trees and walking out to address the hobgoblins.

”Deserters, you are surrounded. Drop your weapons and you might leave these woods alive” Bazsil asks calmly at first in his deep rumbling tone. ”You may not be harmed if you lay down your weapons. You can surrender to us or we can take you back to the hobgoblin forces.”

1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 2 = 33 Diplomacy

”I *SAID* drop your WEAPONS!” Bazsil will shout should any seem to be delaying.

1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23 Intimidate


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan growls invisibly and gnashes in teeth on his shield, wanting desperately to kill these interlopers. Why is Bazsil talking to them?

He can't imagine anything they learn can be trusted, and so it's worth less than nothing.

Still, he seethes in relative silence keeping his council to himself and letting things play out.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16 (heroism)

So angry is he that he misses some of what is said and can't quite determine the truth of their statements (if any). So he's sure they're lying.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor lays a hand on Faolan's arm. "If we can take them peacefully we can find out more about their operations, numbers and how they are moving about so quickly."

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The hobgoblins look at each other and Bazsil in surprise.

Goblin:

"Did he say may or won't be harmed?"

"I don't know."

"Seems like an important difference yeah?"

"So, just shoot him then?"

"Yup."

The hobgoblins carefully consider Bazsil's terms and, in spite of their generally poor condition and fear of his booming voice, attempt to feather him discuss their options.

After downloading stats, rolling through combats, confirming the intimidate had them shaken, I verified attitude and with a DC of 24 Bazsil moved them from Hostile to Unfriendly, which means they aren't immediately ready to attack any more.

With Faolan invisibly chewing on his shield the hobgoblins watch Bazsil warily.

"What's yer terms then?"


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17
Balodek wrote:
After downloading stats, rolling through combats, confirming the intimidate had them shaken, I verified attitude and with a DC of 24 Bazsil moved them from Hostile to Unfriendly, which means they aren't immediately ready to attack any more.

Sorry to make you do maths. My apologies.

Balodek wrote:
"What's yer terms then?"

”My terms are that you drop your f&&!ing weapons right now and maybe you’ll walk out of this valley once we have the answers we want, ” Bazsil says in a deep voice, before turning invisible again (Vanish). He moves a bit. ”And you won’t even see it coming. We are unseen and you are in our forest.” Bazsil tries to seem friendly and reasonable even as the sound of Faolan’s grating teeth fills the air.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 Diplomacy


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan continues to watch in frustration, hoping against hope that they advance and attack. Every. sinew is taught and ready to go!

Shadow Lodge

The hobgoblins look at each other and then, as one, turn to run.

They're fleeing, double move away from you. Forest terrain and they were crouching, let's say they're 20 feet from where they started, plus the distance you stopped from them.

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor chases after one. Reaching his hand out he looks to steal one of the hobgoblin's sight. "Can't let them all get away!"

Single move and cast blindness on one. DC 21 Fort save.


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Status:
HP: 80/83 | AC: 28 (f20/t15) (not included: +2 dodge vs goblinoids, +1 from song) | CMD 29
Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +7
Front Row
Opponent: Bazsil
- - -
Conditions: Heroism (1/160m)
Equipped: Shield
Shield Melee: Attack: BAB 8/3, Str +6, Focus +1, MW +1, (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Shield Ranged: Attack: BAB 8/3, Dex +2, Focus +1, MW +1 (flurry -2) Damage: Str +6, Bash +1, Specialization +2 (crit: 20)
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Arrows: 14/14; Ghost Salt, Cold Iron Arrows 6/6
Martial Flexibility (1x swift, 2x move): 7/7
Knockout (DC 20, 1d6r): 1/1
Shield Bearer (free, adjacent ally +2 AC (trait)): 1/1
Ironfang Survivor (free, roll twice vs goblinoid (intimidate, sense motive, stealth): 1/1
Jingasa (negate crit or sneak): 1/1

Faolan rushes forward 30’ to get closer, and throws his shield at the lead runner (or really anyone not being blinded by Bor).

Thrown Shield (magic)*: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20 (hero) damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Toppling Bash: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26 (hero) (swift action to trip the target of my first hit)
(* Targets hit by my shield take -2 to their AC until the end of my next turn.)


Human | AC 13(17) FF 10(14) T 13(17)| HP 63/63 | F +6 R +7 W +9 | Initiative +7 | Perc. +14 | Sense Motive +1

Krowe pursues and casts a glitterdust spell over as many of the hobgoblins as he can.

Glitterdust will save vs DC 19

Shadow Lodge

Fort DC 21: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Will DC 19: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Will DC 19: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Will DC 19: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Will DC 19: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

The hobgoblin resists Bor's blind and runs with his fellows. Faolan successfully trips one of them and the fallen hobgoblin goes blind and he and two companions are covered in glitter. The fourth hobgoblin escapes into the forest.

The three on the ground quickly drop their weapons, rivulets of tear soaked glitter running down their cheeks. "We surrender."

Dark Archive

Male Human 8 | HP 81/81 | AC 26;TCH 11; FF 25 | F +9; R +4; W+12 | CMB +8; CMD 19 | Init +1; Perc +15; SM +5

Bor quickly begins stripping them of weapons and armor, kicking them off to the side, well out of reach. "What are you all doing here?" He says from behind his scarf.


Half Elf Horn Dude 8 AC 20/17/14 / HP66 / F +8 R +6 W +7 / Init. +7/ Perc. +13/ Sense Motive +17/Diplo +17

Bazsil curses and gives chase, helping to tie up and disarm the surrenders.

"That was my bad. That one that got away," Bazsil grunts as he helps. Then he addresses the hobgobs.

"Now, let's start with some easy questions: who are you and why aren' you still with the legion?" Bazsil begins.

Over time, more questions...
"Has the word reached the legion of the dragon's demise?
Where did you all come from? i.e. Where did the hobgobs get so many numbers, and build up their base of operations?
How did the hobgobs hide their large scale troop movements?
What do you know the mine?
Is there an arrangement between the hobgobs and the fey?"


AC 28 Flat 20 Touch 15 | HP 83/83 | F+9 R +9 W +7 | Init +2 | Perc +13 | Sense Motive +12

Faolan rushes up, fully ready to continue bashing the hobgoblins, when they surrender, "Not fair! You had your chance! You ran!"

Never the less, he waits humbly by as the others begin their questioning. He's ready to act as executioner however, should the opportunity come his way. He stands behind the prisoners.

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,006 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Balodek's Ironfang Invasion Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.