Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,651 to 1,700 of 14,076 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Darius brushes past Dirk and tries the far door on the wall, he pulls and rattles but the door does not open in it's frame.

AStri and Team Henk:

To your great surprise it feels like something big is trying to force it's way into the door that Astri is leaning against. The door did not open...yet. To your eye Astri you do see a cheaply made slide locks that is splintering on your side of the door.

Updated map after Darius and Bri moves

I assume Bri followed Darius as Dirk is a bit unstable.


Evil GM

Astri and Adriel and Thrasher:

You are convinced there are more undead getting ready to come through that door. You must prepare to defend your position.

Dirk/Capt Cray:

You believe someone is deliberately trying to keep you from finding your cat and retrieving your pipe.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel steps back, Songbird, you can dismiss your Grease. I killed it. Though it WAS on it's back so your spell was helpful, though unnecessary. Care to rummage through this room?

The elf sheathed hhis scimitar and looked around the room, casting DETECT MAGIC. Help me look friend
Perception+DETECT MAGIC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
Thrasher Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20


Evil GM

Adriel though you want to look through the room you do perceive a new threat coming form the common hall. The rattling of the doors on the aft wall.

Your quick glance around the room does reveal that this cluttered cabin is crowded with four bunks. Three of the bunks are in disarray, their simple home-spun blankets messily piled atop them, but one of them is spotless and well-made as if it were never slept in. One of the disheveled bunk’s sheets and pillow are discolored and caked with red grime. Chipped and cracked strong boxes rest at the foot of each bunk, a rusted lock on one, the others left unlatched. There is a door on the forward wall of the room.

You do note there is a feint glow coming from under three of the bunks.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"We need to reunite with the others. Hawk, Embrianna, you two hold this position. Sath, you and I will go find the others."

I am no longer in that room.

Specifically I had left to find the others on my action earlier and had attempted to open the door earlier, but it would not open.

EDIT: No worries. I just saw the amended map by the GM.

GM - is the door locked, or is it just swollen wood? If it's locked I might try to open it, if the woods swollen then I opening the lock probably won't work, but if necessary I'd do my best to break through the wooden door.


Evil GM

DMPC Dirk trying to get the door open

As far as Dirk knows the door is stuck, it could be swollen it could be locked, it rattles in place. Using his shoulder to push through the door,

The door is designed to open away from you.

str: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

There is loud thud but the door is still closed.

"Who ever has done this is going to pay...Alabasterrrrrr. Here kitty kitty kitty...Alabaster."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Darius, could you rescind that order so I don't have to disobey it? I don't think we should up again and I don't want to be stuck alone with any crazy acting people." Bri glances at Dirk and Dondrel as she speaks.

So yeah, Bri is following Darius and Sath.


Evil GM

I moved Bri up a bit along with Sath.

updated Map


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's song suddenly stops as the door next her to rattles. She gasps and leaps back in surprise, nearly tumbling into Henk. "Something is trying to get through that door!"

The half-elf draws Echo from its scabbard and points towards the door. "Elf, there are undead trying to bust down the aft door in the hallway, get in here!"

She places her back to the totem in the hallway, sword gripped tightly in her fingers. "Come on you stinking rotter we'll chop you up like the rest."

Move to M4. Ready an attack against whatever comes through the door.


Evil GM

As Astri steps near the totem mast she feels the warmth of comfort that radiates to her.

Updated map

Grease is dismissible that is what the "D" is in the duration line.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Shuddering slightly at the comfort that washes over her, the half-elf sighs contently. She presses her back fully against the totem, still ready to strike at the first thing that comes through the door, but taking a moment to enjoy herself. Like a sun-bathing cat, she awaits something to entertain her.

Thanks Baldwin, I didn't now about the D. Learn something new every day!

Deciding she would rather have Adriel help fight the undead rather than sliding around on the floor, the bard casually waves her hand over the area of the grease, sending it back to the elemental plane of used cooking oil.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

The elf sighs, he WAS the best fighter after all. Time to remind the foolish Songstress of that.
For someone CONSTANTLY claiming her prowess you seem to spend alot of time BEHIND me.

He draws his Scimitar and stalks to L4. Move Action
Sing at least, if you are not prepared to fight yourself.

His DETECT MAGIC was still running so he would see if the door was magical.
If there is no Aura, he will trust in his Skill AND his Shield sspell and open it


Evil GM

There is no magic coming from the door. Adriel steps around henk and finds the cheap latch, he flicks it open right as Darius give the door a good shove. Adriel can see Darius and Darius sees a slim outline of the elf as the fog billows through the door. It spread quickly.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna rolls her eyes at the hot air escaping from Adriel's mouth. "Open the damn door before I add another sword to the collection stuck up your ass. I'm not a music box, I don't sing on command. I have my weapon out for a reason."

She wishes they would all just disappear so she could stay right here, against the totem...


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

A damn music box would be less sassy.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri 'eeps!' as the door suddenly opens, then gives a sigh of relief as she sees the elf.

"Oh thank goodness, we found you guys. Let's go and get off this damn ship now. It is absolutely crawling with rats and weird creatures."


Evil GM

DM roll:

Bri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
sath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
darius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
thrasher: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Thrasher:

Thrasher begins to meow like a cat. I'm Alabaster...Capt Crays cat.

Darius:

Darius the more you think about dirk's actions the more you understand and know he is the captain of this ship and you are his first mate.
The name Tristan Dawson sounds familiar with you and you start to think about the all the wives you've enjoyed in port....Ah, the joys of be handsome, single, and a ladies man.

You are not completely implanted with another personality but you are beginning to fee the paranoia.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

The elf eyes off Darius suspiciously, Dear Rose, you are alright? Yes. It is time to get this crew back to the safety of the ship.

He looks to Astrianna as he says, This is not a safe place for some.
Then looking back toward Rose, This is no simple dweomer on this place but we have a clear path to the top deck


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Thrasher begins to actually MEOW like a cat. Surely an odd thing both in sound and view, coming from a Pterosaur.

Adriel doesn't look too surprised, given the familiar actually SPOKE before....
Think you are some sort of cat? You too need to be off, friend


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Did you all clear out the back of the boat? Anything useful or any answers found about the crew." Remember vision is limited to 5 ft because of the fog.

"Aye, we need off this blasted cursed ship but we have a job to do first...it hasn't been completely searched. Let's finish with that room you just kilt that thing in."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Actually Adriel, I am not. I'm still feeling a bit weak from the bites of all those rats that swarmed all over me. I swear I will be having nightmares about that for quite some time to come. And you are surely right that this is not a safe place, though I would change that some to all."

"Adriel, did your little friend actually just meow?"

Oh my goodness, now even the animals are acting crazy. Bri nervously strokes Emmy around her neck, hoping her little viper will be okay.

edit

"Henk, every time we search we find stuff that is best left alone. I vote we just get the hell off this ship."


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Ain't no voting...capt wants answers, capt gets answers." he grunts, 'b'sides can't be much left to find."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"The answer is that ship is f$#!ing haunted and cursed and infested and the gods know what else."

Bri points back towards Dondrel. "Look, we even found the sole survivor of what happened to the last ship to try to board this one."


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

With a deep bow in the think fog, "Thalios Dondrel, Son of Mordekai, at yer service. What the fair Princess speaks is the truth as Thalios knows it. Thalios was part of the boarding crew that came aboard 2 or 3 days prior." he wiggles, "Capt Vincent Crane, of the renowned Kingfisher, along with our crew saw strange things within...murder, chaos, and mayhem. Why...Thalios can only speculate that some strong curse has curdled minds."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"We need to either sink this ship or destroy the mast- as that is where I get a sense that this evil is emanating from- plus Dondrel mentioned that his crew had been sacrificing each other to it. I doubt that there is anything else on this ship worth the danger to find or retrieve it."


Evil GM

DMPC Adriel:

The elf waits no longer than necessary then goes where the ghast was located, He retrieves three idols from under the bunks. These have feint glow of protective magic."[/b] he points to the footlockers and says, "Someone can check those lockers.'


Evil GM

DMPC Thrasher

When Sath mentions the mast in a harsh tone Thrasher takes to the air and shytes on him.

poop droppings: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Bulls eye!

Happily meowing like a cat.


Evil GM

DMPC Dirk/Capt Cray

"Albaster is that you? Your sweet purr has gotten higher."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna does not seem affected when Darius is on the other side of the door, simply lowering her sword. However, the bard lets out an audible ugh when Embrianna begins talking and Adriel starts swooning over her. "I don't hear anything. Are you being driven mad by love Adriel? Your little dinosaur your wingman? You should propose to Embri on the bow of the ship like some kind of play." She says, voice dripping with sarcasm.

When Sath mentions burning the totem Astrianna looks disgusted, laughing hard when Thrasher takes a dump on her. She does note the meowing now. "Serves you right, Eyes! Even the flying catosaur knows this is a beautiful work of art. Burning it would be an affront to the gods it is dedicated to, leave it alone."

The bard reluctantly pushes off of the totem, nodding at Henk. "Henk's in charge of our team and he gives the orders, Dandelion." She says with a distinct cattiness towards Embri, resting her sword on her shoulder. "I'm with you Quartermaster, lets look that room over."

She moves to the bunk room and retrieves her crowbar from Henk, momentarily setting her sword down on a bunk to start busting open the one with the rusted lock.

Locker str check: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9

Unless I can Take 10 here, which would be ideal.


Evil GM

You can take 10 on the box.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Taking 10 on my str check to pop it then, which would give a 13


Evil GM

Astri opens the strongbox and an overpowering smell of rot assails the room, you are greeted with the macabre sight of a dead man’s grin. Most of face is chewed away, revealing caked blood and skull beneath. Below the bloody head lays a leather satchel.

Anyone else in the room other than Astri and Adriel?

Astri:

You strongly believe Adriel put that head int eh box for YOU to find as a joke. You figure it was probably the head of the zombie you killed.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Hmph. Figures your the type to ignore the beauty to be found all flowers, even the common ones."

Bri pointedly stays outside the room. "Just yell if another horde of rats appears."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna nearly retches as she opens the strongbox, scrambling back for a moment and dry heaving once. "A-Asmodeus' taint! Dis-g-gus- Hurrrregh!" She stammers out, giving another dry heave and a cough. Shaking her head and composing herself, the half-elf puts a sleeve over her mouth, breathing through it. Using her free hand she performs some arcane gestures, and then points at the bag, willing it upward, over, and onto the bed that her sword is laying on.

Astrianna casts Mage Hand and attempts to lift the satchel out of the footlocker. Mage Hand can lift up to 5 pounds.

She looks at Adriel, her eyes narrowing to mere slits. He wants to play a joke on ME? Oh I'll show him a bloody joke.


Evil GM

You need to lift the head to get to the bag that it is resting on. :-) Are you doing that?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I looked it up and read that an average human head weighs around 10 to 11 pounds, so you likely can't use mage hand to pick that up as well. :(


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna curses as the satchel doesn't budge under the weight of the head, and tries her magic on the head itself. Sighing as that is also ineffective, I should learn better telekinesis she holds her breath and shoves the crowbar underneath the head, levering it up and out of the locker to send it rolling across the floor, preferably in Adriel's direction.


Evil GM

As soon as you jam the crowbar to get leverage a nice side centipede and 4 smaller ones emerge from the orifices.

Knowledge nature


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Evil GM

astri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
adriel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
centipedes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

The centipede is medium sized, it's offspring are small. (the size stats don't make much sense)

Initiative order:

centipedes
Adriel
Astri
Sath


Evil GM

The mother attacks this round, the offspring do not, and it bites at Astri bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11;dam: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
plus poison DC 13 fort save

You are flat footed

know nature:

it's a young specimen of a truly gigantic breed called Mopaka’mu’loa by the Tulita, or “Many Legged Dog Killer.” It's bite is poisonous causing it's victims to slow down.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Evil GM

Adriel climbs on the bed and hack at the centipede children.

att: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

he doesn't bother with any type of spell, not appreciating the threat.

One of the offspring is dead


Evil GM

Sath you can jump in the initiative order after Astri goes and read her knowledge spoiler above. that is all that can fit in the room and safely attack.


Evil GM

Initiative order:

centipedes - mom missed
Adriel - killed 1 of the 4 offspring
Astri
Sath


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 1

Astrianna has got to stop leaving her sword laying around out of reach. What a bad habit.

Astrianna gasps and flails as the large centipede strikes at her, its jaws thankfully clamping down on one of the studs in her armor. "F#!!!" She shouts, backpeddling and taking her bow from around her neck. "It's a baby Mopaka’mu’loa! They're incredibly poisonous! Adriel, kill the big one! Kill it before it bites someone!"

The bard quickly knocks an arrow and momentarily aims through the mist at the largest centipede before loosing it.

Move action:5'step back, towards the bow, ready longbow as part of move

Standard action:Shoot at medium centipede

Composite Longbow, Point-blank: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16

Damage, Point-Blank: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

20% concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 75


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath throws a handful of flame at one of the small centipedes as Astri attacks the larger one.

Throw Flame: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 remember- ranged touch attack

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Evil GM

the large one is dead between Astri attack. Leaving only 3 smaller ones squirming towards a meal. Sath kills one of the creepy offspring as another one emerges form the skull to attack.

total offspring 5 but 2 were killed (adriel and Sath)


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I am of the firm opinion that the more legs something has, the creepier it is. Therefore, Bri is glad she did not go into the room. :)


Evil GM

Initiative order:

centipedes -
Adriel -
Astri
Sath

Two centipedes att Sath and the other attack at Astri. Taking 5 ft crawls as necessary.

Sath:

the babies are quicker than the mother with their bites,
bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9;damage: 1d3 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
fort save DC 11

bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17;damage: 1d3 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
fort save DC 11

Astri:

The reveals many razor like teeth hungry for meat.
bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16;damage: 1d3 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
fort save DC 11

1,651 to 1,700 of 14,076 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.