Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,601 to 1,650 of 14,076 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Anything from my knowledge: religion check?


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Anything from my knowledge: religion check?

religion check:

It's an undead ghast. A tougher version of the ghoul. Unlike ghouls, A ghast's strike can paralysis even affects elves. They also release a horrid stench that can cause those affected to be sickened. It's bite can cause disease and paralysis while it's claws can cause paralysis. Lastly, where there is a ghast there are ussaully lesser ghouls.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1, Round 14

Seeing Henk not budging, the bard sighs and speaks down the hallway. "That's a ghast, Henk. Its stench can make a grown man lose every lunch he's ever had, and if it cuts you you'll be so stiff you won't even be able to blink." She thinks for a moment and speaks again. "If it falls over in the grease by all means reduce it to a squirming pulp before it gets up, but don't take it on alone standing."

By the way, Astriana's dancing lights stay with Adriel and Henk, they have to be within a 10-foot radius of each other.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David watches the undead scramble on the stairs that lead aloft to the hold.

GM – I’m assuming that it is formal “Stairs/Ladder” not simply the side of a wall? I think my character could see that from here, though. Also, I’m assuming that the distance between our deck and the top of the undead is five feet, since there’s 10 feet between decks (I assume) and a Medium Creature takes up a 5x5x5 Foot Cube for some reason (at least for 3d combat, which sucks, but not always…)

That said –

David frowns at the creature as it tries to climb.

”Bloody basterd,” he mutters as he sees it lumbering about.

David quickly casts “Grease” on the ladder/hatch that leads to the hold, hoping to disrupt the creature’s attempt to climb aloft. He’ll center the spell so it’s effects do not extend up into the hold that he and his companions are in. I believe it should also effect the creature's attempts to "Climb".

He glances at Darius.

”Number One – no doubt you should be able to reach that scum with your polearm long before it gets up here. But it can't get up here without running right into your weapon! See if you can't simply keep the poxing sod below while we do what we can to destroy it!” he says, hoping that if the creature somehow manages to climb up the now greasy ladder that Darius can simply brace his weapon and keep it from getting all the way to the top while he and the others make short work of it.

Knowledge Religion Check to discover more about this undead; wondering if it’s also resistant to edged weapons, and what could have created such a creature if not a necromancer…
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Evil GM

Dirk and others it's stairs. There is 10 feet to the undead head. 15 feet total between decks. The three PCs at the hatch can see the creature.

know religion:
You know this is a ghoul. A devourer of flesh whose touch can paralysis non-elfs.


Evil GM

Team Darius

Dirk casts grease,

reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It falls floundering in the bilge now 15 feet below the opening.


Evil GM

RD 14 update

Team Henk

Astri - moves casts grease
Henk - Holds but encourages Adriel to press on into the room
Adriel
Ghast

Team Darius

Sath - produce flame missed
Dirk - cast grease
Darius
Bri
ghoul -


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Screw this. Shut the hatch, pile the crates back on top and lets get the f~$~ out of here. The damn thing can go down with the ship."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"I'm with Bri- had I known that was down there, I would never have opened the trap door."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David glances at the others, his eyes flicking forward to the stairs that led up and hopefully toward the rest of their companions.

He looks at Darius.

"Are you able to close the hatch then, Number One?" he asks Darius, still somewhat confused about the man's title and position, even though he was at least certain of the tactics and strategy that was being suggested.

He turns to the others, having done all he can for the moment, his eyes flicking now to Embrianna.

"M'lady - if you would take point to the stairs yonder we'll follow you directly," he says to her with a nod, his voice still betraying the somewhat more "cultured" accent of a ship's formal captain.

So the only people in our team who haven't acted are Darius and Embrianna. If someone wants to close the door and bar it with cargo/freight, I'm cool with that. If someone else wants to open the doors that lead forward toward the other group that's pretty much the direction we've been heading in any case to get out of this cursed ship.

But for now I've taken my action for the round and am only doing "Talking/Free Actions" in the meantime.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri goes last, but if the hatch is still open on her turn, she will shut it. If Dar shuts it, she will start putting a crate back on top of it. Also, after it is shut, is there any sort of latch to lock it with?


Evil GM

There is a very well concealed slide lock that is flush with the decking which will lock the hatch. move to shut the hatch and std to lock the lever.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius slams the hatch shut and forces the lock into place.

"Problem solved. Let's keep moving, wasn't s$*+ down there worth getting anyway."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel notes Astrianna's wise decision to allow the creature to come out.
He also notes she magically made the floor slick. He was not stupid enough to cross a hazard if he didn't have to.
He needs some incentive to come out.

He 5ft steps to the doorway and without moving onto the greased floor, peers around the corner and casts ACID SPLASH at the Ghast.

Acid Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Partial Cover, less than 20 is miss: 1d100 ⇒ 33


Evil GM

The ghast tries his save, reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Forgot to take make the save when you cast grease.

He falls to the ground when Astri casts her grease on her turn.

He then tries to stand up on his turn.acro: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 (std)

Adriel steps into the doorway

RD 14 Updated


Evil GM

RD 15:

Team Henk

Astri -
Henk -
Adriel
Ghast

Team Darius

Sath -
Dirk -
Darius
Bri
ghoul -

RD 15

*Astri I moved you on this map to N,2.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri is making her way towards the door leading out of the hold, hoping to find that other set of stairs.


Evil GM

Which door or doors is Team Darius moving towards and then out of?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

That's exactly where I wanted to go, thanks!

Adriel- You have nothing to fear from grease, you have to make a DC 10 acrobatics check to move through a square of grease at half speed. I believe you have a +9 to acrobatics at least.

Team 1, Round 15

Astrianna sighs as the men don't come around the corner, shaking her head. If they want to be boneheads and fight a ghast in a little hallway, it's not my problem.

The bard begins to sing a soft elven mourning hymn, her rising and falling voice echoing down the hallway. The sound of her voice covers the slow metallic scrape as she sheaths Echo into its scabbard, in case she needs to grab her bow. The singing bard turns to look down the hallway through the mist to see if the two fighters will lure the ghast out into the hallway.

Move Action: Sheath longsword

Standard Action: Begin inspire courage (+1 attack and damage)


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Elf step back where you were maybe it'll come out and we can crush it between us."


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Bri is making her way towards the door leading out of the hold, hoping to find that other set of stairs.

Which stairs Q or K?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Q. I typically default to the left when given a choice.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"I be follo'n you me Princess...da views just fine if'n I don't say so meself."

You letting others go first or are you going to brave the door with only Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, following you?


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Thalios Dondrel, NPC wrote:
You letting others go first or are you going to brave the door with only Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, following you?

I don't believe she is able to go at this time, unfortunately.

Via initiative we're waiting on Sath's move for Round 15. Once that is up then I can go, then Darius, then Embrianna.


Evil GM

Unless you are spending time searching the hold you all can move to the door this RD.

Thalios is simply following safely out of direct harms way. You slimy dogs refused Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai a proper weapon after all.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
You slimy dogs refused Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai a proper weapon after all.

Weapons drawn, David moves to Q:5 and steps up to the door and opens it, then advances through the doorway.

He looks at Thalios, his eyes flinty - clearly there will be a reckoning for the man's gross insubordination...

But that could come later. First they need to get off this gods damned ship!


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri will follow whoever moves through door Q ahead of her in the initiative order.

Bri will also keep a close eye on Dondrel if he is following behind her. She doesn't trust him to not play grab-ass.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"A cool air wafts me lady when you grace those stairs."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath follows the group up the stairs at Q, following behind Dondrel and preparing to cold-cock him with her Spear shaft if he attacks or molests Bri or Darius.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"Ye gots too much hostility in ye man."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I love how you added "or Darius". :)


Evil GM

Capt Cray:

Where is your damn cat...Alabaster? A pipe full of good sea salt weed would be nice too.

You exit the door to find stairs lead upward to your left. There is long hall that has a single door on the aft wall which you deduct leads back into the hold. There are two doors on the forward wall. There is bit of fog seeping under those two forward doors.

Updated Map


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

You exit the door to find stairs lead upward to your left. There is long hall that has a single door on the aft wall which you deduct leads back into the hold. There are two doors on the forward wall. There is bit of fog seeping under those two forward doors.

Updated Map

David will continue his move action until he reaches P:3.

What does he see?

Also, do the stairs on R:4.5 go up or down?


Evil GM

The stairs go upeard.

Again you see a long hallway. Are you opening the door at P,3?


Evil GM

RD 15: DMPC Adriel

the elf steps back as suggested by henk. Holding his attack like Henk is.

The ghast walks towards the opening in the door.

acro: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

But the ghast falls again.


Evil GM

RD 16:

Team Henk

Astri -
Henk -
Adriel
Ghast

Team Darius

Sath -
Dirk -
Darius
Bri

RD 16


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Are those stairs at R going upward?


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Are those stairs at R going upward?

Yes, there is a closed hatch there.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1, Round 16

Seeing the men are definitely not coming and have refused her idea of surrounding the ghast, the bard shakes her head and walks down the hall, putting her back to wall and placing herself perpendicular to the nearby door. A cool orb of light floats near her through the mist, forming a 10ft line between the three explorers.

The bard continues her soft elven mourning hymn, her voice reaching an eerie crescendo before falling again, her sudden melancholy at being ignored expressed through her chosen medium.

Free Action: Maintain Inspire Courage

Move Action: Move to L4


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:

RD 16:

Sath -
Dirk -
Darius
Bri

GM - as per my earlier post via my Round 15 action, I had moved through the door to P:3, not P:4.5.

I cannot say what my Round 16 action is until I see what is formally on the other side of the door.

Also, I think there must be some sort of error with either my map, or something else - there is no door at P:3. There is a door that rests on the edge of P:4. On my version of the map there is nothing but open space at P:3, just open space and the chance to see what's down the hall.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius looks up to the hatch, presumably their escape route, then back down the hall. "We need to reunite with the others. Hawk, Embrianna, you two hold this position. Sath, you and I will go find the others."

He then moves through the open door and through the fog, catching his breath on the way.
__________
Second Wind: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

I thought it would fall down. Being Prone is -4 to attack and AC. Worth more than a flank. Baldwin knows how I love tripping.

No offense Henk. But I'll happily stab a prone foe

The elf moves to K1 and chops down at the ghast.
Acro: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
2 hand attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Don't forgot my inspire courage, Adriel. A lovely elven song even!


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

I added the attack but not damage. 10 damage for 1st hit and 9 more if the crit connects


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

To be more specific about the direction I'll be going: if I do not hear sounds of them, I will continue straight through the fog until I encounter a dead end or door. However, if I hear them, I will move in their direction.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath follows Darius into the room to look for the other team...

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

How thick is the fog- can we (I) see through it?


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

I believe we are limited to 5' visibility.


Evil GM
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:

RD 16:

Sath -
Dirk -
Darius
Bri

GM - as per my earlier post via my Round 15 action, I had moved through the door to P:3, not P:4.5.

I cannot say what my Round 16 action is until I see what is formally on the other side of the door.

Also, I think there must be some sort of error with either my map, or something else - there is no door at P:3. There is a door that rests on the edge of P:4. On my version of the map there is nothing but open space at P:3, just open space and the chance to see what's down the hall.

I miss read the grid and post.

When Dirk tries to open the door at P,4 it wiggles but does not open. the wood feels swollen or locked in the frame. There is fog creeping in the long hallway that you are in. It is nothing that would obscure your vision on your current side of the wall.

Team Henk:

You hear distinctive rattling coming formt he common hall room, like something banging on wood. Of course you can not see anything through the fog.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Then I would amend my action to try the other door further up the hall, and from that point go straight or towards sounds of Team Henk.


Evil GM

Adriel stabs down on the prone creature and destroys its.

Updated Map

1,601 to 1,650 of 14,076 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.