Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


14,301 to 14,350 of 26,346 << first < prev | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | next > last >>

Evil GM

faelyn:
You know that soulbound constructs have part of their creator's sould within.

Mind-Affecting effect Weakness (ex) The weakened convictton of the soulbound doll's soul makes it susceptible to mind- affecting effects, despite its construct traits.

Soul Focus (Su) The soul bound to the doll lives within a focus integrated into the doll or its apparel, typically one of the doll's eyes or a gem embedded into the neck or chest of the doll. As long as this soul focus remains intact, it can be built into another doll for the soul to animate, using the same cost as creating a new construct. Once bound into the soul focus, the soul continues to learn, and so if later put into a new doll body, the soul retains its personality and memories from its previous body or bodies.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk frowns.

"I don't think they like me."


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Your owner? Are they a Pathfinder? We are trying to find a Pathfinder named Bisby who can help us stop a mean,nasty one named Ilnerik.

Dragon hisses and little flame comes out of his mouth, when you say Ilnerik, "Bad, bad, bad pathfinder ....make master mad!"


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"That's right. He is a very bad man and we intend to punish him if we can find him."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

We heard that Ilnerik stole something called the Totemrix from your master that made him very made and sad. Not only that, Ilnerik stealing that from your master is the reason that all those doggies and shadowmen keep making a mess all over the city and your home. We want to talk to Bisby so he can help us find Ilnerik and get his stuff back.


Evil GM

The porcelain doll look responds, "master is all the way down the hall, behind the metal door. He's been mad lately."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Why thank you very much, we'll go talk to him and see if we can make things better for everyone. Andrea waits to see if anyone else has something to say before they leave.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Well they won't talk to me so I'm good to move on.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I doubt we could trust any details on how to get through the door, so I am good to go as well.


Evil GM

They go back to their tea party.

You have many ways to go now. The door they were referring to is M15.

Current Basement Map


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Andrea wants to talk to Bisby so let's head that way.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Well let us go see Bisby. Andrea points to the metal door they were refering to and let's Lucrezia take the lead as scout as she often has.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

That works for me.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia will check out the hallway and then the door itself for traps.
perception hallway 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
disable hallway 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
and
perception door 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22
disable door 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea will hand Lucrezia the wavedoor keyring once she is done inspecting the door. Try these.


The iron door to this room is locked by the force of Bisby’s mad spirit, Zizmort shutters as he relays that the door is magical and has a regeneration characteristic. There is an unusual looking key opening.


Evil GM

Lucrezia when you examine the iron door you confirm it has a magical lock, that you are unable to disable. A 34 DD doesn't disable the lock.

Andrea dangles keys out.


Evil GM

What is the game plan from here?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

As long as Lucrezia didn't notice any traps, she will take the key and then unlock the door.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Knowledge Arcana or Spellcraft on the door: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


Evil GM

Faelyn Arcana Results:
Besides the abjuration/arcane lock that is on the door it has some type of conjuration/regeneration aspect to the door.


Evil GM

Lucrezia you see an oddly shaped key that fits the door. When you try it it unlocks.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, it's unlocked now. Who wants to be the one to push it open?"


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I will do it. Andrea pushes the door open.


Evil GM

The walls of this room are lined with bookshelves. A velvet sofa along the southern wall contains a single skeleton clad in long-decayed rags, its arms wrapped tightly around a burlap bag bulging with unseen items. A scattered pile of junk sits on the floor before the skeleton, a corona of treasures and clutter alike. A message in Common is scrawled on the wall in huge crude lettering opposite the seated skeleton: “He who steals from me dies by my hand.” The grisly pile of skeletal remnants heaped in a mound in the center of the room seems to testify to this threat.

The room is square in shape, 25 by 25.

I don't have the basement on my thumb drive at the office, so I can't update the map.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia points to the skeleton. "So, is that the guy we are looking for?"


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"I don't think he's going to be saying much", Truk says as he enters the room.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm notes the sign.
Hope this goes well....
He casts DIVINE FAVOR.

I got me a cantrip that'll let me search the pile without touching it. But ye see if ghost boy wants ta talk first.


Evil GM

What is everyone doing. Grimm casts his Divine Favor.

The door is pushed open, Andrea is standing there, Grimm peering under her arm, while Truk stands behind looking over her head.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

I assume Grimms prebuffing because he plans to go inside. If not, Truk will go in.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm holds a moment longer and casts SURMOUNT AFFLICTION.
Then the stout dwarf strides in first, making no moves at the Treasure pile, just speaking plainly his intent.
Oi Ghosty. We be here ta undo the curse that plagues Westcrown. Yer mate what stole yer trinket seems the culprit an we wanna undo the deed? Ye want some sorta vengeance on him? Help us ta right his foolishness.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Hold on the preparing for just a moment Grimm. We have a Ghost Candle that will allow us to speak with Bisby's spirt. However, considering what we have gone through and the dolls telling us that Bisby has 'Been mad lately' I wouldn't be surprised if we get attacked once again.

Andrea casts 'Detect Undead' and scans the room. Concentrating on the skeleton and bone piles.

So everyone get ready, when we enter, I will use a ghost candle on Bisby's remains.

Andrea will cast Magic Circle Against Evil on Orsin so everyone can be in the overlapping fields(+2 AC +2 Saves vs. Evil 70 minutes) and then Invisibility on herself(7 minutes) before taking out the grave candle and moving in with Truk.


Evil GM

Andrea you are doing several rounds of actions there: Detect undead 3 rds for the full extent of the spell; magic circle is std action, and invisibility on herself std action, then walking to the remains placing and lighting the grave candle. Looks like 6 rds of actions.

Are you casting detect undead prior to any of the other actions?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Sorry I will do them in this order

Magic Circle Against Evil
Detect Undead

Then Invisibility and then placing and lighting the grave candle.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk tries to wait patiently for Andrea to do her thing.

"Have you done this before 'Drea?"


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Leaving the magical types to do their business, Lucrezia turns about and watches back the way that the group came. She would prefer to not let anything or anyone sneak up on them while they could be dealing with a potentially hostile ghost already.

perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31


Evil GM

Lucrezia you see the four toys at the bar doorway staring down the hallway at your group, they are chatting but you can't make it out.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

The Grave Candle? Andrea responds to Truk. We used the one at the arena. COnsidering this place seems to be infested with ghosts and shadows, trying to find if any are around seems to be a good idea.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Since Grimm and Andrea appeared to be preparing for some sort of trouble, Truk prayed for another longer-term spell.

Extended Barkskin


Evil GM

Andrea Only:
During round one of your concentration, remember this spell requires concentration, you detect the presence of undead in the pile of bones on the floor.

CURRENT BASEMENT MAP


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia gives the toys a friendly smile as she continues to watch for anything about to pounce on the group.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

B16 was the room with the bar, right?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

If I can still move a hand to gesture while concentrating.

Hand gestures:
Andrea points at the pile of bones on the floor.


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
B16 was the room with the bar, right?

B17 was the bar, B16 was the insects, B 15 was the ships


Evil GM

Rd2 Andrea:
You sense 3 auras and the strongest aura is moderate.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea holds up three fingers and concentrates for the final round


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Argh Baldwin! You sank my battle ship with those coordinates!"


Evil GM

Andrea Rd 3:
each of the three undead auras that you detect are moderate in strength. None of the auras have made any movement. You, also, get a strange sense about the Bisby on the couch but it doesn't really register as undead.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea ends the spell.

There are three undead auras. I sense undead in the bone pile and I sense something strange about Bisby's remains, he registers as undead but I am not sure. Do you want to try attacking the bone pile first or should I just go in and light the candle?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Let me check something first. Give me the ghost candle and I'll place it if I think it is safe, you should leave the room as well."
John will detect chaos focusing on the bones.

14,301 to 14,350 of 26,346 << first < prev | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.