All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


751 to 800 of 3,181 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Assuming everyone follows the left-first approach we agreed upon at some time...
Simon follows the left-hand-first rule the group agreed and follows the unstable corridor carefully after trying to assess whether they are likely to crash down and bury them alive or not.
Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
"Mhh, Dalkk you're used to tunnels, aren't you-miii?
Is it save to enter these tunnels, I'm not sure-meowi."

If it is secure ... at least superficially...
Taking care to not touch the walls, Simon follows the left tunnel first, taking one careful step after the other, sniffing the air for any signs of danger.
@Choon: Btw from what kind of animal/race is the flesh the Ogres have stored?


RA T1 | WotR

Human

After a few dozen feet of tunnel you come to a nearly vertical upward slope. Investigation in the other direction reveals an equally steep downward slope.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

+++ Before, investigating the flesh +++
With an odd mixture of disgust, anger and sadness Simon sets the flesh down.
"It once was a human.
Poor soul-iourer!"

Is it possible to decide whether the flesh and the head are from the same person.
Or at least make an 'educated guess' according to markers like age, skin color, etc?

"Rest here for now, assured that your killers are dead themselves-frchh!
Once we get out of this hell-hole, I will come and bury your remains properly-meow!"

+++ now +++
"Hmm, while this looks like lots of fun ...
We probably want to clear the rest of this level first-miii?
We should keep the upwards slide in mind. Maybe this will allow us to circumvent the gargoyles-meow!"


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Not a bad idea Simon. Let's explore the rest of this floor first. The downward slope might help us avoid some other enemies as well." Vuzi followed Simon at a distance not sure about the walls of the tunnel.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Take ten on knowledge engineering and dungeoneering for a result of 24.

Maglin inspects the dirt ceiling and the walls, investigating the possibility of a cave in. It's a good idea, however, that tunnel does look tough to ascend. I suspect L'nshpahd might be too heavy, and would tear the dirt away from the sides instead of climbing. Maglin turns around. heading back to the ogre room. Let's keep exploring elsewhere.


RA T1 | WotR

The room is not in Faber of collapse in spite of appearances. Your hunch about the pack lizard is also valid.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Before leaving the Ogre's Dalkk takes the time to break in his warhammer that he is quickly growing attached to. By the time he is done their isnt a head among them, just neck ending in a pile of mash.

Dalkk stares up the incline. If its not obvious how tall it is he holds out a bolt expectantly at Maglin. If Maglin fails to read his mind he shakes it and berates Maglin for not casting light faster. Dalkk looses a bolt to the top, relying on his experience as a crossbowman to determine the range.

"Well, L'nshy and I have climbed worse, but let's hope it doesn't come to that."

Is this a natural formation or formed by hand? Also, perception to see if anything special or unique sticks out. 23 if I take 10. 25 if unusual stonework.


RA T1 | WotR

It is natural. Nothing special about it, though of you lost your footing on a grade like that it's likely you'd slide all the way back down.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Perhaps that rat woman uses these tunnels. I wonder if it's possible to tell if any of the indents are hand or footholds? Has someone used this recently? Maglin looks at Simon.

Later

Shall we go on then?


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

I am ready. Let us see vat we can find." Vuzi takes her spot in line.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Dalkk is ready, but would like to know roughly how tall this is, and if there is any light. I'm trying to piece together if this is likely a path to the floors above or below us or are we talking closer to mountain size, as in something that has the potential to bring us outside. I get that it could be either, but is the height up closer to the staircase height we walked down, or significantly beyond that


RA T1 | WotR

It is beyond the staircase you walked down, but there is no sign of light at the top or anything like that.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Dalkk nods. While he sets about staking a goat to this open area he speaks. "I'm with Green. Learning what else is on this floor with us is the priority, but I'm bot done with this yet." Once the goat is secure and with some feed Dalkk gets back in line.

Dalkk rubs his hands together and mutters "Ogre blood stains more than I remember."


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

It looks like the map has been moved over to one side, so the carefully crafted boxes obscuring the rest of the floor are not doing as good of a job any longer.

Also, I'll drink my cognatogen at the first sign of danger.


RA T1 | WotR

The next door you come to is different than all the others so far seen in the dungeon. It is finely crafted, made of ebony wood and bound with gold. The door has an obvious internal lock, also of fine quality. Strange runes are rudely carved in the door. Simply looking at them makes one uneasy.


RA T1 | WotR

Map Updated

As you are leaving, Vance comments, "If that tunnel really does lead to the surface then that cave would make an excellent staging post for my shop!"


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12
DW Duck wrote:

Dalkk nods. While he sets about staking a goat to this open area he speaks. "I'm with Green. Learning what else is on this floor with us is the priority, but I'm bot done with this yet." Once the goat is secure and with some feed Dalkk gets back in line.

Dalkk rubs his hands together and mutters "Ogre blood stains more than I remember."

Cain nods in agreement at the plan but offers advice on the bloodstains, from long expirence "viniger or corn starch works best for getting those stains out. Breaks it down nicely"


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Earlier

Magic is far better at cleaning away stains than most mixtures. If you like, Dalkk, I could clean the blood off you?

Later

Oh dear, this door does not look like one that wants to be opened. Conspectu, he touches his eyes, which glow faintly blue as they peer at the door. Maybe those runes are magical, I wonder if I might be able to decipher it. He is clearly prepared to stop in the middle of the hallway and spend a long time examining the strange script.

Linguistics mod is +10, guidance gets us to +11. You're supposed to roll it in secret so I don't know how reliable the result is. I'll also use read magic, if that helps.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

"Aye Vance, if'n we can find a way to make a camp here and find a safer passage in'n'oot it'd benefit all o'us. You'll be givin' this party a discount I hope?"

The dwarf looks confused while still rubbing his fingers. He approaches Cain and shows him "Look though, it's different, it got everywhere and isn't blotchy." Dalkk shows Cain his hands and arm which are all uniform in color. Unbeknownst to him the color of his skin was changed to match the color of ogre blood by a mischievous elf. Irony is nearly avoided as just before he gets a chance to show Maglin the fruits of his labor they arrive at a very unique door.

Dalkk sighs and leans on L'nshpad for a moment as he takes in the door. In his typical gruff voice he asks "Do we make more potions now? Anyone want bets on how many it'll take to open it?" A slightly crazed laugh follows. Each time Dalkk starts to look at the writing on the wall he turns his head, trying not to focus on any for too long. "We'd probably be best ta not all stand in front of it at once either."

Dalkk walks his scaly companion out of the way. When walking back he stops for a moment and thinks. He reaches into one of his pockets and retrieves the key from the dwarf statue the day before, still wrapped n cloth. He carefully peels back the linen to reveal the key without actually touching it. "There no way we be this lucky is there? He holds out the key and checks the mtal of the key against the metal of the lock without getting too close, seeing if they are anywhere close to each other.

I wouldn't say Dalkk is activly searching the door, he leaves that in the capable hands of the wizard and pawed. Dalkk is activly trying not to read the runes as best he can, but is trying to study the door. I'm making a passive perception roll for anything that may jump out as important. Also I can hit a 10 even if I roll 1 on Aid Another - Disable Device if it's requested.

Perception+Heroism+Possibly Guidance?: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33

Edit- I really really hope I didn't waste that roll..


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain blinks "right, sorry. Didn't think of that...."


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon keeps at Emily's side while the group discusses matters of stable/instable geology, skin color and shops.
His mind is far off, living through the near-death of his trusted soul-mate again and again, searching for ways to protect her better.
As they pass the room of the Ogres again, something in his soul klicks into place. He knows this feeling well, for it is testament to the workings of his deity.
Reaching deep into his soul, he discovers something new. A power unlocked by Gozreth as a gratitude for his service in this dungeon of death and doom.
Thank you.
As the group stops in front of a well-crafted but certainly evil door, Simon lays his hands on both side of Emily's face, murmuring the words he has just found inside him, letting the power flow from him to Emily.
For a short moment, a thin, glassy bubble surrounds Emily before it vanishes - at least for the naked eye. Magical eyes will still be able to see it, as well as a thin thread connecting the two cats.
shield companion on Emily, 5h duration

Finally he looks back up, joining the conversation about the new obstacle.
"Frchh.
This door doesn't look good.
There must be something evil hiding behind-frchh!
I can't stand its look."

If Dulkks key doesn't work:

"Would be too easy, miii?
I'll try, but this lock seems like a real obstacle, well crafted and all .
I could need any hand and ear you can lend me-meow."

Disable Device, Guidance, 2xAid another: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 1 + 4 = 32


RA T1 | WotR

Nothing to see here...:
1d20 ⇒ 7

Maglin doesn't recognize the script and it doesn't seem to follow the same rules as the languages he's studied, though it is clearly very structured.

The key doesn't match, though it seems to be made in a similar style. It's not obvious, but Dalkk's experience with metals allows him to notice certain hallmarks in the metal that mark them as coming from the same tradition of metalworking, maybe even the same craftsman.

Once Maglin finishes, the cat goes to work. It takes all his effort, some helpful advice from the team, and a little magic, but he manages to pop the lock.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain frowns as they puzzles the lock, I don't know how to pick locks, and breaking down the door takes time and makes a lot of noise. And they don't make doors like this for nothing..... best be prepared for any eventuality He closes his eyes and a thin sheen alights on his skin and his eyes take on a resolute expression as he glances at the others, remembering their injuries not again.
Skeets looks up at Cain, and despite the lack of a face, the grin is clear in it's voice, despite it's uncharastivly quiet voice "I know that look, this is gon be gooood"
manifesting Vim for one point of temp HP and then regaining psionic focus asap after that


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

While the party stands in reverance of the open door of certain doom he trains his dwarven ears on them. A moment later a chicken is hurled through.

Darkvision, fresh perception roll, live creature tossed through the doorway. Maglin, Simon, Theo Cain have said they run Detect Magic, Traps, Psionics continuously. Anything trigger?

Perception+Heroism: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16


RA T1 | WotR

The chicken does not immediately die. Nor does it for shortly thereafter. It keeps clucking away.

Also, no magic or traps detected.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Maglin readies himself, right hand resting on a small potion you haven't seen him drink yet, left hand buried in his spell component pouch. Selenin ir, he says in a firm voice, eyes changing to a green colour.

detect poison

After a moment, Maglin glances around at the others, guard still up. I suppose someone had better take a look inside. There might be some sort of intelligent foe that knows to leave the chicken alive. Cain, would you like to lead the way?


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

After a final, just barely audible *klick* echoes out of the door, Simon packs away his tools.
With a low whisper he steps back from the door as Dalkk tosses another of his animals.
"It's open.
Very tricky lock-meowi.
Someone is trying to make sure no ones enters but him.
Could be a treasure rooom, or some kind of unholy shrine from the looks of it-frch."

He takes a long sip of air from the partly opened door, filtering it through his accurate senses.

As the others prepare to enter, Simon reaches for his dagger and the small elixir he got from Dalkk.
If this is really an evil place - it will be guarded.
Well guarded and one near-death experience a day is already one too much...


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12
Maglin wrote:

Maglin readies himself, right hand resting on a small potion you haven't seen him drink yet, left hand buried in his spell component pouch. Selenin ir, he says in a firm voice, eyes changing to a green colour.

detect poison

After a moment, Maglin glances around at the others, guard still up. I suppose someone had better take a look inside. There might be some sort of intelligent foe that knows to leave the chicken alive. Cain, would you like to lead the way?

Cain nods, grimly determined as he walks forward "probably for the best, yes"


RA T1 | WotR

Beyond the ebony door is a richly-appointed anteroom. Runes and frescoes adorn the walls, depicting a heroic man in the prime of life fighting evil creatures. The last frame of the fresco, however, shows the same man kneeling before a black altar with a shadowy demonic figure above him. An intricately locked door, similar to the one just entered, appears to lead to a tomb beyond.

Kn:History DC 18:
Saracek, the man in the frescoes, was a paladin of great renown and was one of the heroes who went with the army of light in pursuit of the evil priests of Orcus many years ago.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Pierce honestly looks disappointed at the room "is this it?"


RA T1 | WotR

There is an identical fancy door directly across from the one you entered. It's likely that this is some kind of antechamber.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Still whispering, Simon comments the discovery of another door like the first one he just opened.
"A...Another one-miii?
What's the point of the first one then?
If someone gets through the first, he will get through the second as well-miii?
Who does not conquer the first, will never see the second one-meow!"

Taking in the relief, he lays his head to the left, questioning.
"Soo, a hero buried behind there?
Or a fallen hero who has turned evil-miii?
Should we really press on?
Last grave we disturbed nearly killed us-meow."


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Dalkk scratches his head, he was waitinh for an earth shattering kaboom. Where was his kaboom. There are stories of this pñace though of strange magic where peopñe would just vanish. "Caín Marko Caín... Are ye able to leave this room an return ta us?" The undead ambush from before is still fresh in his mind. The dwarf would like to see that Cain is actually able to leave the room without bringing with him any magical auras before stepping inside himself.

He studies the depictions on the wall. "Anyone know who this is?"

I assume Maglin's detect poison is still on. Does the next door ping Magic Psionic Poisonous? Not sure if you want a few fresh perception roll in the new room or to keep the earlier one


RA T1 | WotR

New rolls, please
Cain is able to exit the room without complication.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

ThankTheAlmightyChoonForFreshPerception+Heroism: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 = 15

edit - I was so happy, because surely, it couldn't possibly get worse....


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Maglin's rabbit pokes it's front half out of his chest again, and he loosens his robe to allow it more freedom.

Rabbit Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

He inspects the frescoe. The fellow in the centre is Saracek, a paladin. As we can see by the central frescoes, he was a great hero. These are not just generic pieces of Iomedaian imagery, from what I understand these are actual autobiographical events. See here, this gigantic birdlike creature is a Vrok, and these large shadows around it are actually wings. Note the care taken to etch the feathers. The artist who made this... Maglin trails off, realizing that he's rapidly becoming less interesting.

He's a famous paladin who killed a lot of demons. Then he came here. Maglin looks around at the ominous room, I don't think he made it out. Maybe we should leave that door unopened, if he's inside it, I don't think we'll stand much of a chance.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5
GM Choon wrote:

Map Updated

As you are leaving, Vance comments, "If that tunnel really does lead to the surface then that cave would make an excellent staging post for my shop!"

"That would be an excellent place for a shop. Ve will research it."

"Do you tink he is undead in the other room? Or maybe this Paladin iz waiting for friends?" she laughs. "Probably not friends. Ve should look. There could be treasure."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
Know History: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

know engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
damn and here I was hopeing to help with the rolls everyone was doing so poorly on.....huh.... still got the highest total.... except for the rabbitCain looks around before going to stand by the other door "so.... we just go again at that door?"


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"Why would a paladin of good be buried in such an evil place-miii?
If he indeed has turned evil ...
And laid down behind that door ...
I'd rather not wake him-meow.
But ...
Maybe, we can just take a quick look inside and then ...
Quickly leave him rest if nothing dangerous happens-iii?
Looting his grave seems ...
Dangerous-miau."

Simon whispers, at first full of not fear but pronounced carefulness, but then quickly turning to barely contained curiosity you become well accustomed to by now.

The cats stalk around the room, looking over the statues and art presented careful to touch nothing.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20
Before turning on the second door, waiting for the rest of the group to come to a decision.
Picky-Pick-the-next-one: 1d20 + 15 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 4 + 1 = 34


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:13/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

The pantheress follows Simon by the feet.
Her yellow eyes growing large, shaping to the kin of a falcon, taking in the room with more details than anyone can begin to guess.
Perception +4 AF: Falcon: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 4 = 13
Oh man, were all blind like a buried rock...


RA T1 | WotR

So, the highest perception roll among the sapients in the room was a 7. Way to go, guys. :P

Simon goes to work on the door. Having experience with this system of local helps and the door soon goes *click*
Immediately followed by a second *tap*
1d20 ⇒ 2
A small needle comes flying out of the keyhole and nails Simon in the face!

Simon, take 1 damage and fort save DC 14 or:
Str damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1. Continue to save for 4 rounds until successful. Take 1d2 Str damage for each failed save.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"MEOWIIOURRR!"
Simon yells as the thin needle pierces him just below the sensitive nose.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
With a fast movement quicker than most eyes can follow, Simon rips the needle out, taking his water bottle out and washing the wound with huge amounts of water, applying pressure to the wound so that a thin stream of blood pours out.
"Damn thing was poisoned, I could smell it-meow.
A trapped keyhole ... They ARE paranoid down here, eh?
But I think I was quick enough, phew."


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Either de ghost does not vant disturbed or der should be interesting things behind that door." Vuzi pats Simon on the shoulder. I am glad you move quickly."


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

I'm glad you move quickly as well, Maglin pats the catfolk on the shoulder, friend. He looks closer at the door, eyes still green. I don't think it's poisoned, or if it is, there must have been a sheet of lead covering it. Let me see, perhaps I can tell you what sort of poison it is.

Detect poison.
Craft (Alchemy)+guidance: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 = 22


RA T1 | WotR

Is spider venom.

MEDIUM SPIDER VENOM
Type poison (injury); save Fortitude DC 14
frequency 1/round for 4 rounds
effect 1d2 Str damage; cure 1 save


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Maglin peers closely at the wound. The pupils of his eyes, easy for the perceptive catfolk to see, seem to be dilating and contracting much more than they would if he were simply staring at a stationary object. It is as though Maglin is manipulating something with his eyes. After a few more moments, he straightens back up. It's just some spider venom, nothing particularly powerful. If you're not already feeling the effects, then you're alright.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Stubby orange fingers rub through a filthy half burned beard. ”I dinnae know if we stop, or how we prepare, but does anyone else feel this room is particularly bad? There nah be a stone that hadn't been cursed here... But this room..." The dwarf trails off struggling to express himself further, but clearly he is uncomfortable.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Indeed, Maglin agrees, eying the now open door. I'm extremely nervous. I did not come to this dungeon to back down, but we may be out of our element here. Maglin takes his place at the back of the room, pulling out a small, black bottled potion. He grimaces, whatever it is, I'm afraid.

If we want to enter:

Magling inhales sharply through his nose, gripping the vial so hard his knuckles turn white. In a sharp, determined motion, he raises it to his mouth and drinks, finishing it in a single slug. He grits his teeth, veins on his neck popping, lips curling back in a mixture of pain and disgust. The vial drops out of now limp fingers, which shake slightly. That...was very...unpleasant. Maglin's skin seems to change colour slightly, but when he looks up his eyes are clearer and brighter than you've ever seen them. He reaches down and picks up the vial in a single, clean motion, not looking at his belt as he puts it back.

Toss the bloody chicken.

If we back down:

Maglin looks relieved, right hand coming up from his belt to pat his rabbit a few times. Well then, we'd best close the door up again and look in the next room. Perhaps we might nail it shut with some of those coffin supplies Dalk took?


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:28/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps, Evasion)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon purrs audibly as Maglin calls him friend.
He follows the conversation intently, rocking back an forth. He probably is undecided whether to press on or back off.
"Magsi... Can you make me invisible-iii?
I could sneak in and take a quick look around.
No one will see or hear me.
Nailing shut the door may ...
Rise whatever rests behind-meow.
It's loud after all."


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

"Save yer magic fer now Magsy, I cannae do this in the heat of battle but it will save yer reserves for when we need it most." A flurry of orange hands moves as Dalkk mixes together a pair of potions. In short order he produces two vials, one of which is blue and has the phrase "Drink Me" scratched into it. "I am nae very accustom to sneaking around Sim'm'lad, but it must be easier both invisible an' small yeah? The clear one makes ye unseen, and the blue one makes you small. Between the two ye will be sneakier then a dormouse stalking a white rabbit."

Rather solemnly Dalkk reaches out and puts a hand on Simon's arm. He pauses a moment, not sure how to share his concern, but hoping that this isn't the end of the furred fellow. "Ye should have Vuzi give ye a blessing before ye go."

Dalkk prepares Lvl 1 extract Reduce Person which will give massive size bonuses to stealth, and invisibility which will do even more with a magic? bonus. If Simon feels he needs it Dalkk can also send him along with a Cure Light Wounds and shield. He of course explains that he will have only 5 minutes from drinking it

Reduce person, +2 Dex / -2 Str.
Stealth skill states small creatures gain +4 size bonus. Invisibility gives +20 Stealth when moving, +40 if standing still. Unless the Dex bonus capped out your Armor Max Dex, that's net +25 to Stealth while moving. +26 if Vuzi uses Guidance, that one is Morale bonus

751 to 800 of 3,181 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.