All over a bit of Drift Rock

Game Master Azih

Current Track:

Xavra

Map:

Istamak Interior Maps.
Istmak

Picture:
Xavra
Tzayl


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,402 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 2

"Ow!" She exclaims as the package bounces off of her head. The vlogger has her pistol up and ready only to see the red-sheathed man disappearing into a heating duct. "That a~+%%&% again! Has it never heard of using the mail?"

There was little time to complain, considering a bunch of mud and rock was now hurtling towards her. She crosses her arms and pushes back against the blow, and though it hurts, her armor's kinetic dampeners make it feel like a punch from a human rather than being hit by a ton of dirt.

"Air elemental next!" She shouts, moving away from the earth elemental so she can get a clear shot at the fuzzy outline assaulting Cueta.

Move action:Guarded step away from earth elemental

Standard action: Improved get 'em on air elemental. +2 to attacks for all!

disintegrator pistol attack: 2d10 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 9 + 2 = 22

acid damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"I am most pleased to comply, captain. " Prospero-4 states with a faint eagerness in his voice. Time to try out the new laser cannon.

The android grabs the aphelion laser firmly with his both hands, keeping the weapon level with his hips. The weapon's wireless link feeds targeting data directly into his optics, so he can focus on the most important thing - looking cool while shooting. And then bursts of laser beams start raining on the air elemental.

aphelion laser, full attack, getem : 2d10 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 8) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 24
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2, 1) + 8 = 13

aphelion laser, full attack, getem : 2d10 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7, 9) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 28
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 8, 8) + 8 = 26


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"I'll distract the other two!" The halfling yelps and hops backwards as the water elemental tries to squish her. She wasn't really sure what all the machinery around her were supposed to do, but hopefully it'd at least flash and spark a little if she tried to turn up the power for a quick moment. And hopefully no priceless artifacts were lost!

Guarded Step then Amplified Glitch vs Earth and Water.

Computer!: 2d10 + 19 ⇒ (4, 10) + 19 = 33

Amplified Glitch:
Benefit: As a standard action, you can wirelessly introduce a fast-acting virus into nearby technological devices to briefly cause them to malfunction in loud, surprising ways. You can use this ability on one target creature per character level, no two of which can be more than 30 feet apart. Each target must either be carrying technological devices or be within sight and hearing of such devices. While the locations of such devices are up to the GM, most public spaces (aside from technologically underdeveloped areas) contain enough technology for this feat to function. Your glitch causes alarms to go off, automated devices to spin and flail, readouts to flash brightly, and so on. With a successful Computers check (DC = 15 + 1 per target + 1-1/2 × the CR of the highest-CR target), all targets are shaken for 1 round, plus 1 additional round for every 5 by which your result exceeds the DC.

Once you have targeted a creature with this feat, that foe is immune to this ability for 24 hours.

Wasn't sure if Trick Attack allowed tumbles or not and the get-away-from-AoOs part only works vs the target sadly!


GMScreen:

2d10 + 15 ⇒ (3, 8) + 15 = 26
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

2d10 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 16 - 2 = 20
1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
2d10 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (10, 4) + 15 - 2 = 27
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Cueta steps in to attack and the air elemental writhes in pain as it vanishes under the coordinated assault. Before it does it manages to catch Vek with a gale force punch which depletes his forcefield. The Vesk shurgs off the attack though Charge meant the aoo hit, but 13 damage which doesn't get through both shield and DR.

Meanwhile Leila's messing with the alien portal like devices seems to cause the earth and water elementals no small amount of distress, they don't know who is causing the devices to malfunction so they follow their previous targets. Despite their distraction they both land hits. Still not as hard as large elementals are reputed to hit, still hurts though.

14 damage to Astrianna and 11 damage to Leila

Status: The earth elemental is 2 metrons from Astrianna, while the water elemental is 2 metrons from Leila. No cover. Everybody can shoot everybody though Leila and Astiranna will have to move away or get Aooed. Round 3 party up.

Damage Tracker:
Astrianna: 13+14
Cueta: 1
Leila:17+11
Prospero:1
Vek:1+depleted shield
Earth:0 Shaken 2 rounds
Fire:Dead
Water:0
Air:Dead Shaken 2 rounds


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta shakes her head, realizing she's sprung into action without any thought what so ever. In the matter of a few seconds, two of the elementals were dead, and the pilot could barely remember any of it. Stepping to the nearest functioning elemental, Cueta keeps with her rhythm, and raising the axe and bringing it back down, again and again...

Move if needed, then attack.
attack: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (3, 5) + 10 = 18
damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (4, 9) + 12 = 25

EDIT: hehe, still haven't hit with this axe. Maybe I should just bot all fights?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"The water elemental now?!" Leila suggests as she darts away, trying to find a spot where she can put her friends with big scary melee weapons between herself and the elemental. That'd open up her targeting options a bit - but for now she'd pop a shot at the water one.

Trick Attack: Move then Shoot Water Elemental. Movement does not provoke from the target of the trick attack!

Trick!: 2d10 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 19 + 4 = 34

Attack!: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3) + 11 = 18

Damage? Sonic: 1d8 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (4, 8, 6, 8) = 33

---

Great idea :P Use up all of the GM's good rolls with Cueta :D


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 3

"That's exactly what Iwas going to suggest!" Astrianna says as Leila suggests their next target. She was such a benevolent Captain, and such a peerless leader that her team next exactly what she was going to say next!

ANother shot from her pistol fires, this time into the water elemental, and she wonders if this is technically violating some sort of galatic environmental law.

Move action: Guarded step away from earth elemental

Standard action: Improved get 'em on water elemental. +2 to attacks for all!

disintegrator pistol attack:: 2d10 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7, 10) + 9 + 2 = 28

acid damage:: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

crit?: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

”Copy that.” 200 kilos of muscle, steel, and fire lurch into action as Vek pivots to the third elemental.

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em: 2d10 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6, 8) + 13 + 2 = 29
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 17 + (2) = 27

Move (likely provoking due to elemental having superior reach) and attack.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Gladly. " Prospero-4 says, and turns the massive laser to point the water elemental. Again, a series of laser bursts fill the room.

aphelion laser, full attack, getem : 2d10 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 17
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 4, 3) + 8 = 22

aphelion laser, full attack, getem : 2d10 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 7) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 23
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 2, 2) + 8 = 18


GM Screen:

2d10 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (2, 8) + 15 - 2 = 23
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
2d10 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (10, 5) + 16 - 2 = 29
1d6 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Another barrage of attacks takes down the water elemental as the group displays some very effective coordinatated tactics. Before it goes down it is almost able to catch Cueta across the head with an opportunistic swipe. But it just misses. Shaken condition saves the day

The earth elemental continues to follow Astrianna and yet another swing connects. It's starting to wear down the kinetic buffers keeping her from being truly injured.

13 damage to Astrianna

Status: The earth elemental is 2 metrons from Astrianna. No cover. Everybody can shoot everybody though Leila and Astiranna will have to move away or get Aooed. Round 4 party up.

Damage Tracker:
Astrianna: 27+13
Cueta: 1
Leila:28
Prospero:1
Vek:1+ shield @ 2.
Earth:0 Shaken 1 rounds
Fire:Dead
Water:Dead
Air:Dead


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta throws her head back, eyes closed, and feels a hot blast of steam on her face as the elemental just misses with its final attach.

Opening her eyes again, Cueta finds the elemental just gone, a puddle of water on the ground around her. Shrugging, the pilot hefts her ax and steps towards the last one. Made of clunky and jumbling earth, this one should be easier to hit.

If a full attack is possible she'll take it.

axe attack: 2d10 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 10 - 4 = 13
damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (3, 2) + 12 = 17

axe attack: 2d10 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6, 9) + 10 - 4 = 21
damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (2, 7) + 12 = 21


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Yeah!" Leila cheers quickly as the water elemental evaporates. Then she goes back to the old dodge-away-from-big-elementals-and-shoot-them!

Trick!: 2d10 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (1, 7) + 19 + 4 = 31

Attack!: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (7, 8) + 11 = 26

Damage? Sonic: 1d8 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (3, 6, 1, 5) = 24


@Cueta. Hrm.. I'll assume Astrianna has been stepping towards the group rather than away so everyone should be pretty close to each other, I'll allow a guarded step to get into melee from anyone who wants it.


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Vek let’s his momentum carry him around to the last elemental, his visor reflecting the brilliant blue light surrounding his fists.

Solar Weapon: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (6, 7) + 13 = 26
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 17 + (1) = 25

I forget if a guarded step prevents a full-attack, but I’m hoping it doesn’t.


It does unfortunately as it's a move action. No 5 foot step for free in Starfinder


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Prospero-4 feels a moment of concern firing the artillery laser at full rate for so long - especially as the weapon was salvaged from the innards of a slime creature. But the analytics data the weapon's link is feeding to the android's display assures the weapon is handling the high usage just fine. Only thing he should be concerned is the battery drainage.

Luckily, he has some batteries to spare, so he can keep blasting away - this time targeting the earth elemental.

aphelion laser, full attack, getem : 2d10 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 8) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 22
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 8, 7) + 8 = 31

aphelion laser, full attack, getem : 2d10 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 21
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 7, 6) + 8 = 25


Under the barrage of attacks from everyone but Astrianna and Cueta the earth elemental stumbles before crumbling to dust around a particularly large hole blasted by Prsopero-4's new laser.

Combat over

The corridor goes silent, the two odd portal like devices in each container continue to spark, the one interfered with by Leila sending one noticably more little sparklers.

The corridor continues to the west.

Final Damage:
Astrianna: 40
Cueta: 1
Leila:28
Prospero:1
Vek:1
Earth:Dead
Fire:Dead
Water:Dead
Air:Dead


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna makes a face as the earth elemental crumbles into dust. "You think this place still has operationalcleaner bots?" She jokes, making a note in the audio to insert a laugh track in post.

She walks over to the present that had been unceremoniously tossed onto her head and starts to rip it open with reckless abandon. "Oh!" The half-elf exclaims as she holters her pistol. "A Stabtech carbon-steel tactical knife with the optional saw edge! I was thinking of getting one of these when we got back to Pact space!"

A smile comes over her face, and she happily swaps out the old, beat up knife on her shoulder harness for the new one.

Going with a Tactical Knife for Astri's present. She needed a melee upgrade.

With a glance at the sparking portals, she shrugs. "I don't know what the kish were doing here, but we don't really have time for a sabbatical to figure it out. Let's keep moving."

I say we sweep the D4a through D4e offices for any computers we can glean information from or the like.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

"Probably not," Cueta says, completely unaware that Astri is joking. "Anyways we sh--"

The pilot trails off midsentence, all thought evaporating instantly. Sitting nearby, a bright red wrapped package, wrapped in a shiny gold and green bow. A small tag tied to the bow, embossed with her name. Shivers crawl up Cueta's back, like spiders dancing under her skin. Santa!

Scooping the pack up, Cueta drops it into her backpack, the pilot aware just how dry her throat has become as she forces down a swallow and some false bravado. Sure, yeah! Whatever Astri says, chinney!"

She'd open the package later, and hope that it wasn't the skins of her family. Better let that sleigh-riding bastard think she was happy, since he sees all and all that. Smiling like a maniac, Cueta hefts her ax and takes point...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila pops up from behind the backs of her bigger friends once the elementals are all gone. She nods and beams. "Great!"

Then the excited halfling can't contain herself anymore and rips open her own present. Rip-shred-tear!! She holds a large mechanical claw over her head and stares at it with awe.

"It's 'The CLAW'!! Ooho latest model too!" She mouths some squishing sounds without vocalizing them and an eerie glow overtakes her. Now nothing would stand in her way; not locked doors nor tight jars. Ahahaha! Ahem.

Eventually she snaps out of it and straps THE CLAW to her backpack. "Mm let's come back here later though! Let's go."

Astri's plan sounds good :)


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

After the combat, Prospero-4 turns his attention towards the mysterious package. The others have already found claws and knives in their gifts, but the android studies his box trying to imagine what lies inside. But the cylinder-shaped package offers no clues of its contents, so Prospero-4 quickly ends up tearing the wrapping off.

"How did he know?" the amazed android says. "Bleakleader Gung-ho 2000 Heavy Gunner Harness. It is compatible with the artillery laser I found only minutes ago. A welcome gift, but very surprising timing."

But a gift is a gift, and Prospero-4 starts donning the harness and then attaches the artillery laser to it. With a satisfied smile on his lips, the android is ready to move on.

"Should we not spend a moment studying the portals? How to shut them down so no more elementals arrive?" And as he says this, the android moves closer to the containers to read the warning sigils. Maybe his understanding of the kish language is enough to understand the precise meaning of the warnings.


GM Screen:

2d10 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Astrianna Init: 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (10, 9) + 3 = 22
Leila Init: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12
Prospero Init: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (10, 7) + 11 = 28
Vek Init: 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (6, 8) + 6 = 20
Cueta Init: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (8, 2) + 7 = 17

Init: 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (9, 8) + 6 = 23
Init: 2d10 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 = 12

2d10 + 17 ⇒ (4, 5) + 17 = 26
2d8 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (2, 8) + 8 - 5 = 13

Now that there is a bit of calm the group can see amongst the torn remains of festive wrapping paper, that there are a lot of faded and crude Kish warning symbols painted on and in front of the containers. It seems like this area was considered to be a place of extreme danger meant to be left alone.

The portals themselves are some sort of ancient hybrid magitech that's probably degraded over the millennia. However they were activated seems to have caused them to malfunction pretty terribly. It'll take a few hours of detailed study to discover how to deactivate it safely probably Maybe less if the energy source can be discovered and detached which you were NOT able to do in your initial overview. Terrible engineering roll

After the corridor there is an intersection, the north and south running corridor lead to what the group's Securitech map notes are the operations offices (D4).

It seems like the kish converted these to meditation chambers each containing a simple mat and bowls coated with paint. The walls are a riot of faded colours and shapes. The last office contains the body of a recently deceased kish. There are many wounds and burns on the body but a cursory examination shows that they actually drowned to death.

The corridor leading deeper west leads to a chamber containing a dozen standing desks, many heaped with dried flowers and other rustic decoration pieces. There is worn carpet that still shows the checkered pattern it had once vibrantly sported. (D5).

As the group just starts to look around Astrianna hears a whistling sound that turns out to be an arrow hurtling at her from around the corner. It hits causing further strain to the kinetic dampeners! 13 points of damage to Astrianna

Kill the demons my darlings! the kish calls out. Qo, Ro! Attack!

The snarling and growling of the large canines the group has heard outside in the island suddenly echoes through the room as two very large specimens appear from the west as well, one with the kish and one at the other side of the room. There's also the excited yipping of a smaller version of the canine who bounds into the center of the room.

Dammit, Bo! Get back! the kish calls out but continues to stare murder at Astrianna!.

[ooc]Round 1 group up. You guys are at the eastern half of D5, either at the northern or southern corridor as you wish. The Kish is at the west and either north or south depending on where Astrianna is with one of the large dog things, the other large dog thing is at the the other end of the western side. The smaller one ran to the center (pretty much to where D5 is written on the map) and disappeared from view.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

There was the usual running and banal commentary from Astrianna as they looked through the rooms, including her making the astute(?) observation that the dead Kish was probably killed by the elementals in the other room, given the strangeness of its wounds.

Standing over the worn-out carpet, she's about to make a scathing remark on how this pattern should have never been in fashion, let alone at the height of a great empire, when an arrow bounces off of her shoulder after her kinetic dampers slow it to a fraction of its speed.

Round 1

"Piss biscuits!" She yells while grabbing her shoulder and turning towards the source of the arrow. "We have contac- WAAAHH NO!" Astrianna screams over their comms as she rapidly backpedals away from the aggressive dogs, bumping the solid wall of muscle that is Cueta. "Shelyn preserve me, I HATE dogs!" The half-elf says in a panic, frantically whipping her pistol from her holster and firing off a quick shot at the beast next to the kish.

"Kill that damned thing next to the kish before it gets to us!" Are her parting instructions as she muscles her way to the back of the group, drawing her new knife from its shoulder-sheath just in case one of the dogs get too close.

We're gonna say we're in the northern part of the room.

Free action:Draw liquid disintegration pistol

Free action:Draw tactical knife in other hand

Standard action: Improved Get 'em on dog-thing, shoot at dog-thing.

Move action: Put Astrianna the back of the group, away from the dogs.

liquid disintegration pistol shot, get 'em: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10, 10) + 8 + 2 = 30

acid damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

crit: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Vek stands ready next to Cueta at the front of the Starfinders, fists glowing blue with heat. ”How did they know we were coming?” he asks, only slightly rhetorically. ”Was it just the noise with the elementals, or is there still a functional surveillance system?” He follows the captain’s shot in a rush of starfire that explodes in the dog-creature’s face.

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em, Charge: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9, 6) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 28
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 17 + (2) = 24

Move action to use Plasma Sheath, standard to use Stellar Charge.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila dives for cover behind one of the desks and reaches for her gun and knife as well. "Good question!" she ponders. That there was a working surveillance system - and that the Kish knew how to use it - seemed unlikely. So probably not that ... But maybe there had once been one? She poked her head up a bit and glanced around in the room, looking for any sort of screens or loudspeakers or the like. Hmm. If she just broadcasted loud enough - maybe she could get a few seconds of sound of it still? Worth a shot!

Amplified Glitch!: 2d10 + 19 ⇒ (4, 5) + 19 = 28

Targeting the archer and as many of the dogs that are still within 30'/6 metrons (so probably none)

"Hey! Who are you calling a demon? At least we don't throw puppies at strangers!!"

Spoiler:
Amplified Glitch

Benefit: As a standard action, you can wirelessly introduce a fast-acting virus into nearby technological devices to briefly cause them to malfunction in loud, surprising ways. You can use this ability on one target creature per character level, no two of which can be more than 30 feet apart. Each target must either be carrying technological devices or be within sight and hearing of such devices. While the locations of such devices are up to the GM, most public spaces (aside from technologically underdeveloped areas) contain enough technology for this feat to function. Your glitch causes alarms to go off, automated devices to spin and flail, readouts to flash brightly, and so on. With a successful Computers check (DC = 15 + 1 per target + 1-1/2 × the CR of the highest-CR target), all targets are shaken for 1 round, plus 1 additional round for every 5 by which your result exceeds the DC.

Once you have targeted a creature with this feat, that foe is immune to this ability for 24 hours.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Perhaps the canine creatures possess an acute olfactory or auditory senses, and detected our arrival." Prospero-4 offers a theory of their detection.

The android stomps into the room after Astrianna, and perceives the threats. Having bad memories of canine-resembling alien creatures, he unleasheds a blast from the artillery laser at one of the hounds.

Artillery laser, get'em : 2d10 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2, 7) + 14 + 2 = 25
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 8, 6) + 8 = 26


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

These dogs were nothing like the mangy curs that plagued the 9. Those were likely to slink off with a well-placed rock or boot, but these dogs - they looked like they'd die trying to take your face off before they ever cut loose down a dilapidated alleyway. Astri was right - best to end the dogs before they could return the favor.

Cueta follows Vek down the hall, ax above her head, drawing the blade across the ceiling as she runs, metal on metal, scraping, sparks. With a grunt, she brings it down at the dog...

ax attack, get em: 2d10 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2, 9) + 10 + 2 = 23
damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (1, 1) + 12 = 14


GM Screen:
2d10 + 16 - 5 + 2 ⇒ (10, 4) + 16 - 5 + 2 = 27
2d10 + 16 - 5 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 16 - 5 + 2 = 19
2d10 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 20 + 2 = 30
1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
2d10 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 17 - 5 = 19
1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 4 = 31

An absolute barrage of attacks causes the animal closest to the kish to yelp and then start keening in pain as it's cut and burned three different ways. It seems like it's on its last legs when the kish barks out.

Qo!, retreat! Ro, Flank!

The almost dead one withdraws as fast as possible and disappears down the western corridors, bleeding as it goes.

A sudden mess of digital blooping noises from the terminals in the various cubbies doesn't seem to phase the kish any as she drops her bow, retrieves an axe advances and attacks Cueta just as the second of the canines loops from the south to hem the human woman in with an attempt to slam Cueta and bite her in one smooth motion.. The bite doesn't take but the force of the hurling body causes Cueta to grunt in pain which becomes deeper as the kish's axe cuts deep into her in an admirable display of coordinated tactics from the kish and her pet.
Combined damage of 35 to Cueta.

Meanwhile the younger one, who really seems like an overgrown puppy comes scampering around a corner and leaps onto Leila, bringing her down to the ground in a mess of excited slobber!
Leila tripped

Dammit Bo! the kish mutters as she tries to focus on bringing down one of the demons she's facing off against.

Status: The Kish is in melee range with Vek and Cueta. Cueta is also flanked by Ro. Tight nature of the room means that the kish has soft cover from everyone other than Vek and Cueta unless you guys take a move action to get into better firing position. Ro has no cover as it is on the other side from the kish. Qo is nowhere to be seen. Bo has knocked Leila to the ground and is dropping a lot of slobber on her. Bo has no cover either.

Damage Tracker:
Astrianna: 53
Cueta: 1+35
Leila:28 Prone.
Prospero:1
Vek:1
Qo: 86 damage, retreated.


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

The heat from Vek’s fists leaves faint aftertrails in the air as the vesk returns the favor, pummeling the kish. ”Flaming idiot - we’re not here to fight you!”

Solar Weapon, Full-Attack: 2d10 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (6, 9) + 13 - 3 = 25
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 17 + (3) = 28

Solar Weapon, Full-Attack: 2d10 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 - 3 = 14
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 17 + (3) = 26


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"A-haHa! It tickles!!" Leila squirms as 'Bo' attacks her oh so furiously. This was really a predicament - she didn't want to actually hurt the poor thing. Even less then the misunderstanding Kish and their pets in general of course. So she tried to get 'Bo' to calm down for a moment and find a good spot to scritch. "Who's a goooood boy? Or girl? You? It's you! *scritch scratch*!" Then halfling quickly got up to her feet again, seemingly to reach a higher spot on the puppy-thing to pet.

Survival-Handle Animal?: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 12 = 17

Not sure exactly how handle animal works in starfinder, but archives of nethys said it ran off survival at least. Let's try!

Leila's Uncanny Agility prevents enemies from gaining any sort of numerical advantage from her being prone. Kip Up lets her stand up as a Swift!

And sorry guys for not being more helpful in this battle! I'll try to handle the puppy as quickly and humanely as possible.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Prospero-4 is not sure if the interaction between Leila and Bo is hostile or not - but for the moment decides to concentrate on the far more aggressive looking animal.

Full rate fire from the artillery laser should make Ro lose interest in its current target.

Aphelion laser @Ro, full attack: 2d10 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (1, 8) + 14 - 2 = 21
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 8, 6) + 8 = 26
Aphelion laser @Ro, full attack: 2d10 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (4, 7) + 14 - 2 = 23
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) + 8 = 16


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Humane puppy handling is an important task!

Her armor catches most of the axe, but the kish's weapon still gets though, a burning slash across Cueta's belly dampening her undershirt with blood.

Close the pilot thinks, even as she's barreled into the by dog, and spun like a top. Planting her feet, Cueta regains her balance and swings twice at the kish.

"My axe is bigger!"

axe attack: 2d10 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (7, 1) + 10 - 4 = 14
damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (8, 3) + 12 = 23
axe attack: 2d10 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (5, 7) + 10 - 4 = 18
damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2) + 12 = 18


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astri was going to throw a grenade in the general direction of the puppy so she could claim plausible denability in its death, so let's be glad Leila got to it first!

Round 2

Astrianna stands in the back, knife and pistol in a white-knuckled grip. She wasn't letting these dog-things anywhere near her, and the faster they died the better. Which means she needed to keep all the bodies in front of her alive through whatever means necessary. But they only had limited medicine in the middle of the galatic boonies, so maybe if she just yelled at them a lot it would work out like it always does.

Yeah, yelling at them was free.

"Cueta! Bury your axe into that thing from skull to scrotum!" The vlogger yells over their comms in encourage, and she really hopes that phrase becomes a meme. It was pretty funny.

Standard action:Inspiring Boost on Cueta, giving her 21 stamina.


GM Stargin:

1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 4 = 30

4d20 ⇒ (17, 1, 6, 10) = 34

2d10 + 17 ⇒ (2, 10) + 17 = 29
1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Bo leaps up excitedly and places its paws on Leila's shoulders playfully which has the effect of knocking her back down.

The Kish dodges both of Cuetas attacks and one of Veks but one punch lands hard.

She spits and sneers. You desecrate our sacred places, kill our peoples hurt our animals and you expect me to believe you?

Working in coordination again the hurt Ro and the only slightly damaged Kish both land a hit each on their chosen prey.

Cueta takes 29 and 17 damage

Status: The Kish is in melee range with Vek and Cueta. Cueta is also flanked by Ro. Tight nature of the room means that the kish has soft cover from everyone other than Vek and Cueta unless you guys take a move action to get into better firing position. Ro has no cover as it is on the other side from the kish. Qo is nowhere to be seen. Bo has knocked Leila to the ground again and is dropping a lot of slobber on her again. Bo has no cover either.

Damage Tracker:
Astrianna: 53
Cueta: 36+29+17-21
Leila:28 Prone.
Prospero:1
Vek:1
Qo: 86 damage, retreated.
Ro: 42 damage
Kish: 28 damage


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

The high priestess gave us permission to be here. You desecrate this place by choosing not to listen.” Vek’s voice grows calm as he continues to try to talk some sense into the kish - though his fists still streak through the air.

Solar Weapon, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 13 - 3 = 16
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 17 + (1) = 27

Solar Weapon, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (7, 1) + 13 - 3 = 18
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 17 + (3) = 25


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"You *people* are the ones that insists on trying to attack without saying hi! It's not our fault you guys suck. The stars would be ashamed!!" Leila calls out in her sweetest voice from underneath the fluff-mountain that was Bo. She was still trying to calm him down for a moment and just lay down! Maybe I should try 'fetch'? she thought as she hopped back to her feet again.

Survival: Try 2: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (7, 5) + 12 = 24

Kip Up and try again!


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Stand down and we can cease hurting your people and your animals. You attacked us first, and we are defending ourselves."

Prospero-4's dictionary-aided pronunciation of the Kish language sounds even more mechanical than his way of speaking common. But he isn't trying to impress anyone, just stating facts.

But for the moment, the battle rages on, and the Kish and its pets can kill them. So until they surrender, Prospero-4 will keep shooting.

Aphelion laser @Ro, full attack: 2d10 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (8, 3) + 14 - 2 = 23
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 5, 8) + 8 = 26
Aphelion laser @Ro, full attack: 2d10 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (7, 4) + 14 - 2 = 23
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 5, 8) + 8 = 26


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 3

"Wow, I am so proud of all of you for embracing the ways of diplomacy and negociation!" Astrianna says, way in the back of the group, over their comms. "Too bad these are the crazy ones and we're gonna have to kill all of them, starting with these awful dog-things!" Is her final verdict on the matter as she squeezes off another shot at Ro, hoping to put it down in combination with Prospero's artillery barrage.

Standard action: Improved get 'em on Ro, +2 to attack for Astri and Prospero.

pistol attack: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 + 2 = 18

acid damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Bloodied and battered, Cueta's vision narrows, blurred around the edges. Adreniline kicks into overdrive and everything slows down. Cueta can hear her heart, boom, boom, boom, while the group's conversation floats over her com. The pilot only has one thing to add, hefting her ax as she speaks.

"Fook off, yeah?" Then she swings.

full attack the kish: 2d10 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (8, 7) + 10 - 4 = 21
damage: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (11, 1) + 10 = 22
full attack the kish: 2d10 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6, 9) + 10 - 4 = 21
damage: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (11, 10) + 10 = 31


GM Screen:

2d10 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (8, 1) + 20 - 4 = 25
2d10 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (9, 10) + 20 - 4 = 35
2d10 + 17 ⇒ (1, 7) + 17 = 25
2d10 + 17 ⇒ (5, 10) + 17 = 32
2d10 + 17 ⇒ (5, 8) + 17 = 30
2d10 ⇒ (9, 9) = 18
2d10 + 16 - 5 ⇒ (9, 6) + 16 - 5 = 26
2d10 + 16 - 5 ⇒ (7, 5) + 16 - 5 = 23

Prospero's pair of shots is more than enough to put the beast attacking Cueta down. It goes down with a keening wail that ends with a spasm and the smell of singed animal as a burst of acid lands on it as well from Astiranna.

The kish responds to the death of Ro with an incoherent yell that neither the translation software or Astrianna are able to translate. The way she shrugs off both Vek's and Cueta's attacks as if they were nothing and lunges at Cueta with whirling axes is all the body language the group needs though. This is a murderous rage if you've ever seen one..

The first swipe is wild but still manages to get through Cueta's defenses, The second though.... slashes right down the side of her face. The pain is excruciating and Cueta slumps to the ground as a truly worrying amount of blood spurts out of her.

Cueta gets hit with a normal hit and then a crit. 25+62 damage which is 87. Cueta is DYING

Cueta:
The pain recedes, it's still there, she can still feel it all around her throbbing like a red purse, but she's somehow.. isloated from it. Floating in the darkness. Above her pin pricks of stars provide a comfort and somewhere... just at the edge of her hearing she hears the flap of wings

The hurt beast from before, Qo, responds to the incoherent screaming by bounding back into view. He steps onto the prone Ceuta and tries to bite the next foe in view. Which is Vek, one of the attacks almost gets through the Vesk's defenses, but not quite.

Bo on the other hand springs back and starts to whine and whimper. It seems to be completely terrified of it's master's blood curdling rage.

Status: The Kish is in melee range with Vek. Ro is dead. Qo is on top of Cueta trying to bite at Vek. Bo has retreated and is whimpering in the corner. No cover anymore as Qo isn't quite tall enough to cover the kish. Qo looks very very hurt, Bo is scared, the kish is screaming, Cueta is on the ground not moving at all.

Damage Tracker:
Astrianna: 53
Cueta: 61+25+62=148 damage at 0 for both HP and SP. Prone and Dying. Resolve will start ticking down end of next turn.
Leila:28.
Prospero:1
Vek:1
Qo: 86 damage, retreated.
Ro: Dead from a lot of burns.
Kish: 28 damage


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

First things first. Vek's training snaps him out of his shock as Cueta falls. Eliminate threats as rapidly as possible, starting with the slowest coward.

Solar Weapon, Full-Attack vs Qo: 2d10 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (7, 5) + 13 - 3 = 22
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 17 + (1) = 20

Solar Weapon, Full-Attack vs Qo: 2d10 + 13 - 3 ⇒ (1, 10) + 13 - 3 = 21
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 17 + (2) = 28

If Qo falls, Vek will direct the second attack at the kish.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Oh you poor thing!" Leila cries out as Bo is frightened away. She sighs but there wasn't too much to do about that now. The halfling draws her stun gun - making sure it is actually set to stun - and slips out of Bo's line of sight. Then she takes a shot at the Kish. Hopefully when it matters!

Computer: 2d10 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (7, 4) + 19 + 4 = 34

To Hit!: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 = 16

Damage: Non-Lethal: 1d4 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (7, 5, 2, 5) = 26


Qo is down.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Re-estimating threat levels... The Kish is much more dangerous than seemed."

The enemy clearly doesn't want to talk nor surrender. Swift violence will be the most efficient resolution for this encounter. Prospero-4 aims his artillery laser towards the Kish and begins shooting.

Aphelion laser @kish, full attack: 2d10 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (9, 5) + 14 - 2 = 26
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3, 1) + 8 = 17
Aphelion laser @kish, full attack: 2d10 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 14 - 2 = 18
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3, 8) + 8 = 23


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 4

Astrianna was about to celebrate the death of one of those damned dogs when Cueta goes down. Instead of panicing like any normal person would do at seeing one of the people protecting her go down in a heap, she instead hefts her pistol and starts yelling orders.

"Put that kish down NOW! I don't care how many pieces it ends up in or if it'll be crawling around with its teeth for the rest of its life, just stop it!" She instructs while squeezing off another shot from her pistol.

Standard action: Improved get 'em on the kish.

pistol attack, get 'em: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 10) + 8 + 2 = 21

acid damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Floating in the starlight, Cueta smiles and closes her eyes. Even though her eyes are closed, she can see the light of millions of stars behind them, and even though she drifts through the vacuum of space, the pilot can feel the stars' warmth on her skin, as if she's sitting on a lounger by the 9's Salton Sea.

Her smile grows into a grin, though Cueta can't shake the nagging suspicion that there's a dog in her afterlife. Panting and growling seep into her consciousness, but then the sound of a wet thunk and the dog-sounds are gone, replaced by the flapping of wings.

Cueta sighs, content. This would be a good death.

GM:
I'll spend the two resolve to stabilize, but I think Cueta is dead:

Archives of Nexus wrote:

Massive Damage

If you take damage from a single attack that reduces you to 0 HP and there is damage remaining, you die instantly if the remaining damage is equal to or greater than your maximum Hit Points. If you take damage from a single attack equal to or greater than your maximum Hit Points while you have 0 current HP, you die.

Suppose Navasi has a maximum of 22 HP, but she currently has 5 HP and 0 SP. She takes 30 damage from an enemy. Navasi is reduced to 0 HP, with 25 damage remaining. Since this damage is greater than her maximum Hit Points, Navasi dies.

Which I'm OK with. I can come up with another PC.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

That 148 looks to be total damage (61 is what she had before this turn!) and 148 - 53 (stamina) - 60 (health) = 35

-35 is "just" what you'd end up to which is less then your hp.

Assuming the above is correct of course :)


Leila is correct. Cueta took 87 damage this turn. Massive damage doesn't apply.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Yey Cueta is not dead then! :)

Well... Unless you want the opportunity for a reroll? Leila and I will miss her but we'll manage I think.


Voluntary death is always player's choice, Cueta is great though. Plus this isn't the last fight so... it might happen anyway soon lol.

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,402 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / All over a bit of Drift Rock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.