All over a bit of Drift Rock

Game Master Azih

Current Track:
Securitech

Map:

Istamak Interior Maps.
Istmak

Picture:
Tzayl


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,262 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's eyebrows raise as one of the holograms start talking to them in what seems to be an actual conversation. She beckons the others over, who engage it in a multitude of words.

With the press of a button, Astrianna switches over to the private channel on their shared comms. "I don't think these AIs are capable of understanding what has happened to this city. They're clearly not sentient and are only working within the context of their programming. I don't think we're going to get much information out of them. I mean, they think the natives are miners and the warriors from the Foundry.. . which I assume is the Temple Tzayl spoke of...are some kind of roleplaying nerds! Let's follow these coordinates from the video recorder... but maybe we can ask for some directions first so we at least know which building to walk into."

Switching back to her exosuit's broadcasting system, she inquires through their translation software to the mayor hologram: "Where are the Securitech Headquarters on Istamak?" It was their only clue so far- some kind of key to get into the Foundry.


Ah.. Securitech... one of the many fine job providers that give us the opportunity to provide for our families while serving the Empire. Ah yes, the north western corner of our fair island. The Industrial Park Zone. I have slaughtered many a ceremonial ..... there to commemorate the accomplishments of our most excellent citizenry.

The translation software can't translate what exactly was slaughtered.


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 6 | Stamina 29/63 HP 53/53 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +5 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Photon 2/3 | Resolve 5/8 | Force Field: HP 5 Charges 5/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

"Perhaps the ghosts are at this Securitech rather than here," Vek murmurs through the private channel.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 53/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 4/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Another involuntary shudder crawls up Cueta's back at the word ghosts, the word floating ironically through her headset, disembodied from its speaker.

"Dumb question then, Mayor? What empire is this, yeah?"


Why the grand and glorious Empire of the Kishalee. Expanding throughout the galaxy. May it reign forever amongst the stars with Istamak standing ever ready to support the endeavor!


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna looks a bit concerned when the hologram mentions slaughtering many a... something. A final question crosses her mind. "Who are the Siiv, what do they look like, and why did you fight them?"

She doesn't bother responding to what she considered no more than a interactive computer after it answered her last question. With a wave, she starts to usher her comrads out of the building. "Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I have more questions than answers now. This Kishalee Empire possessed technology strangely similar to our own and apparently spread throughout the galaxy, yet I have never heard of them and all that's left is some stragglers on a flying platform. This isn't adding up. Either the Gap erased all knowledge of these people, or.. something. It's not helping us catch up with the cult, that's for sure." The half-elf shrugs and points the way forward, intent on visiting the Securitech offices.


Looking at your overhead pictures of Istamak... The North Western corner of the island seems to have splintered into a half-dozen or so floating rock chunks. The geospatial server address you all procured from The Maze of Ghosts is accurate enough to point to the server being on one of those floating chunks. Heading there will take you past The House of Renewal.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 56/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"What? We're leaving already?" Leila had sat down by the artist hologram, ready for a long story about nothing in particular. Ah well! She hurried to her feet but not before uploading a few songs from her handheld computer to the terminal next to the hologram in question. "Here! It's at least some songs. Oh! Our theme song is there too! Sta-ha-ha-aars! Some variance at least. I'll come back with more music later yeah."

---

"So! Hmm. We'll take a look at The House of Renewal first then? A look at least. And then we can see if the chunks are close enough together to jet-jump between. I've got plenty of cable, so no need to worry about falling too far!"

I need to double check if the House is the temple filled with xenophobic zealots or that other place we were supposed to check out!


House of renewal is the other place Tzayl mentioned. The Temple Found is the barricaded place. Securitech you just found out about. Up to you where you go but you guys know you haven't found a side way into the temple yet.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Any information about the Siiv?


Oh yeah, forgot.

The Siiv? Ahah, It is not surprising that... unknowing.. xenos such as yourselves would not know of them. Yes, their hated names exist only in Kihsalee histories now. Those furry bastards bankrupted themselves building a star killer to strike at our peoples. We liberated it from their hateful clutches and proceeded to mop up the pathetic remnants of their resistance. The Foundry at Istamak was instrumental in learning about the weapon after we removed it from the Siiv. They are a evil blot in the footnotes of history while the songs of Kishalee heroes will echo through the universe forever!


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 53/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 4/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

"Star-killer, eh?" Cueta shoots a meaningful look to the smarter members of the group, which she realizes with a sinking feeling is probably everyone. Ah well, she can fly pretty good at least. And so far she's killed a lot more things than have killed her, even if you count being blown into space as being killed.

"Yeah, the Siiv, they're footnotes and you're totally famous, still, and, er... never disappeared from public consciousness or anything like that, chinney?"

Shrugging apologetically, Cueta hefts her doshko. "Right. House of Renewal sounds good then."


N Android Mechanic 7 | HP:46/46 SP: 56/56 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 7/7 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +14, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Prospero-4, usually completely clueless for non-verbal cues of social interactions, spots Cueta's meaningful look, and nods back.

"Where is the Foundry? Do you have coordinates? Perhaps we would like to visit." he asks the hologram, although he has his suspicions about it already.

I think the location hasn't been mentioned anywhere yet? Although "The Temple Found" sounds like the place, especially since it's so hard to get into :) But I'm ready to move to House of Renewal


The tone of the mayor's voice seems to change. How could someone come to Istamak and not know of the Foundry? It is the largest building here in the middle of the eastern edge. It is the very heartbeat of Istamak. The mayor starts to motion to the bodyguard holo standing next to it. It motions as if it's going to start to move towards the group.

That fits with what you know of The Temple Found


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 53/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 4/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

"Um, yeah, we know about that Foundry. Thought for a second you were talking about a new one. Obviously."

Cueta uses gestures the others toward the museum's entrance. Things seemed to be going west, as they said on the 9.


GM Screen:
2d10 ⇒ (9, 8) = 17

Before meeting the business end of more hard light attacks the group retreats away from the Maze and back into the open and set off heading in a north west direction both towards Securitech and the House of Renewal.

On the way Ceuta spots patches of grass that look razor sharp to her keen Survival Senses and the group takes a looping circuit around to avoid them.

It is less than half an hour before they are standing in front of a set of wide semicircular steps leading up to a pair of doors for a one story building. It is dingy with age and the walls are a sad faded colour marked with dust and the feces of flying creatures. A half destroyed holographic sign hangs above the entrance, and a symbol of a semicircle above a straight line has been curdely painted on the door.

Culture DC20 check:
Looks like a rising or a setting sun


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 56/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Culture(d)!: 2d10 + 17 ⇒ (10, 5) + 17 = 32

"Looks like an orange! Wait no a sun! A setting sun. Or maybe a rising one? Didn't they worship their sun? Oh right it was the souls of their ancestors watching over them!" Leila points at the symbol and rambles on.

"Ahem. Let's be careful, just in case some grumpy zealots decide this place needs protection too. Or if there's more holo-ghosts..."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Oh." Astrianna says with surprise as the hologram goes on to reveal the makers of the very weapon they were attempting to track now. "Oh." As it continues to explain the Kish were also the ones to figure out how it worked and captured it.

There were many more questions floating around in her head, but the risk of pissing off the clearly xenophobic AI was not worth the risk. "How does this all fit in with the twelve?" Astrianna wonders aloud as the leave behind the hallway of displays. "Hmmm.. because the twelve are stars... do you think they are the star systems that the Kishalee empire occupied? They were the ones that held the weapon after all." It was a lot of speculation with no answers.

culture: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

"Looks like s%%&ty artwork to me." Astrianna comments as she looks at te blob of orange paint on the front of the derelict building. "But if you think it's the symbol of the other Kish on this platform... you know, the ones that are extra racist and want to kill us, I don't think we should enter."

The vlogger jerks a thumb down the street. "We should go to the Securitech officers instead and find whatever these coordinates are pointing to. A key to whatever is in the Foundry is going to help us no matter what it is."


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 6 | Stamina 29/63 HP 53/53 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +5 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Photon 2/3 | Resolve 5/8 | Force Field: HP 5 Charges 5/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Vek shrugs. "No problem here, boss," he says noncommittally. The dancing light around his head whizzes with excitement before bouncing energetically in the direction of the Securitech offices.


GM Screen:

Astrianna Init: 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (7, 10) + 3 = 20
Leila Init: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (7, 9) + 7 = 23
Prospero Init: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (2, 3) + 11 = 16
Vek Init: 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (4, 8) + 6 = 18
Cueta Init: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (1, 10) + 7 = 18
2d10 + 7 ⇒ (8, 10) + 7 = 25
2d10 + 9 ⇒ (1, 6) + 9 = 16
2d10 + 9 ⇒ (6, 8) + 9 = 23

The group heads in, Astrianna bringing up the rear, miffed at the first time that an order of hers was ignored. Cueta and Vek take the lead.

The walls of the room inside are lined with broken, dusty, and moldy furniture. Opposite the double doors that entered by there is a window in the wall blosed off by a slab of opaque material. A smaller door opens near the window. Murals depicting kish with broken limbs and dark halos above their heads cover the walls.

There are also a pair of Kish diving for cover and popping out to fire arrows, one each at Vek and Cueta. Both bounce off their armor.

Party lost initiative. Round 1. Kish are in cover in the room but a move action away from the cover being moved around either for melee or a clear shot. It's a small room.


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 6 | Stamina 29/63 HP 53/53 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +5 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Photon 2/3 | Resolve 5/8 | Force Field: HP 5 Charges 5/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

”Stop that - we’re not here to fight you,” Vek says as he shows his empty hands to the hiding kish. He discreetly activates his force shield once again, ready to withstand the aliens’ arrows.

Standard action to activate force field. I’m assuming a Diplomacy check would also be a standard action, so that’ll have to wait. Stat bar is not quite accurate - Vek has full stamina from the rest, and he currently has one 1 point of photon attunement.


Sorry if I wasn't clear, the Kish took their first round action and the party is now up.


N Android Mechanic 7 | HP:46/46 SP: 56/56 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 7/7 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +14, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"So far these natives have mostly been willing to talk only after being beaten." Prospero-4 says flatly, and storms around the cover to reach the other kish.

They tried very hard to resolve the First Encounter by peaceful means, and it almost got one of them killed. So until further notice, talking happens when all hostile natives lie motionless on the ground.

To reach this state, Prospero-4 brings both of his armored arms up, and then slams them into the kish.

power armor unarmed: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (9, 5) + 11 = 25
damage: 1d10 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 = 15


Demons come again! Kill the Liars! Kill the murderers! The one who didn't just get punched in the face shouts out.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 1

"Well, well, well." Astrianna says over their private communications channel as the arrows start to fly. "Who could have gussed this shocking turn of events?" The faux surprise and mocking tone of voice continues even as Prospero charges forward and starts to punch one of the Kish repeatedly in the face. "Oh that's right, I did! I said they were going to attack us, and here we are! You think maybe I'm Captain for a reason?" Astrianna smugly rubs their current circumstance in everyone's face, hands on her hips and standing near the door. The group couldn't see her face, but they could feel the condescending grin on their backs.

"Hey, dumbasses!" The half-elf shouts from her suit's speakers in the modern Kish dialect, and she really hopes the translation software made "dumbasses" into something really funny and derogatory, like butt-not-smarters. "We're not here to fight you! Tzayl sent us to prove ourselves to the ghosts of your ancestors so we can fulfill Talavet's prophecies and take the Temple of the Found back from the Huntmaster! Drop your weapons or your face is next!" She clearly references the unpunched Kish, whose face looks very punchable.

Standard action:Attempt to use intimidate on enemies to wise them the hell up.

Intimidate: 2d10 + 18 ⇒ (3, 4) + 18 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sufficiently cowed (also bleeding from the middle of the face) the hurt Kish throws down their bow. The other, left alone, does so reluctantly.

The Huntmaster is right that one says sullenly as the other makes frantic motions at them. The exile is crazy

Combat over


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Nice work, that's how it's done!

"Thank you." Astrianna says over her speakers as her posture changes from overt aggression to one of mild annoyance. "Now take us to the ghosts of your ancestors. We have some proving to do."

diplomacy: 2d10 + 18 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5) + 18 + (3) + 1 = 30

Over her private comms, she instructs her computer whizzes: "If this is another malfunctioning living hologram, disable and fix it like you did with the last one. I don't want these two pulling knives on us when they see us shooting their racist great-great-great to the hundredth power granpda."


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 53/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 4/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta was all ready to do some smashing, doshko in hand, walking steadily and purposely towards the Kish, when everyone just stops.

Shrugging, the pilot stowed her weapon and spoke to the others, not bothering to user her private comm, as usual. "Do you think they know their family history that far back? That's some dedicated genealogy, yeah? They don't seem like eggheads to me."


The sullen one lets the bleeding one take the lead.

Ghosts? Here? Those are in the maze demo.. uh I mean strangers. They say This is The House of Renewal a place where the ancestors gifted us a relic to heal us. The worthy are mended, the unworthy are... well... Two of our friends were mortally wounded by the other de... strangers.. and we brought them here to be judged and healed.

It is at this time that there is a sudden agonized howling coming from deeper in the building.

Both Kish turn and the colour of their skin shifts.

Oh forerunners, it didn't work! the sullen one breathes.

They look at their bows and then back at the group of you. They clearly want to get at their weapons.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Ah." Astrianna responds to the Kish as they explain this is where a "relic" of some sort resides, which she surmises is probably some sort of autodoc.

The howling noise from below causes her to look very concerned, and they can all see her perfectly formed (never plucked, they were just that way naturally) eyebrows fall into a sharp V on her forehead. "Shelyn's t*@@, what now? Some kind of fleshwarper machine gone wrong?" She complains over their private channel before noticing the panicked expressions of their new guides. "Cueta, Vek, take point."

Quickly, the vlogger jerks her head towards their bows in a universal sign they can retrieve them. "You try to put any arrows in our backs and there will be no mercy, understood? Now what do you mean "it didn't work?" She starts gesturing the group begin down the hallway towards the sound of the howling.


GM Screen:

Astrianna Init: 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11
Leila Init: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (2, 2) + 7 = 11
Prospero Init: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (10, 9) + 11 = 30
Vek Init: 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 6 = 13

2d10 + 2 ⇒ (7, 5) + 2 = 14
2d10 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


The unworthy... are remade into abominations. The sullen one says scrambling to pick up his bow. We set up a trap but... we have to kill them before they get loose.

The two lead the way through a small room and through what looks like a waiting area before arriving in a large room covered in murals. The group doesn't have much time to take in the surroundings as they are distracted by the echoing howls that is punctuated by a hollow booming sound, as if something massive is pounding on a wall.

The two kish point to a door next to a pile of rubble at the east end of the room. There's the trap and you see a thin trip wire set right next to the lower part of the door.

The booming sounds and howling continue, it seems pretty certain it's coming from the room on the other side of the room.

Actions?


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 56/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Uh oh. Yeah that doesn't sound good. I think I've seen this horror-flick before. They're going to be all bulging and grotesque... Do you think we can make it to the off-button in time? Or do we wait?" Leila fiddles with her pistol and stares in the direction of the howls, trying to see through the walls by sheer force of will.


N Android Mechanic 7 | HP:46/46 SP: 56/56 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 7/7 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +14, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Make a stand here. Let them trigger the trap, and then shoot them down."

Prospero-4 positions himself so that he has a good view to the door, and points his arm-mounted streetsweeper towards it.

if nasties storm through the door:

shoot: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (9, 7) + 11 = 27
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 53/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 4/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Raising her own rifle, Cueta shouts, "What's on the other side? What do you mean abominations?"

Another question/statement runs through Cueta's head: You put your people in a room and maybe they turn into abominations, and then you have to kill them? You have horrible jobs!

Time, running down like sand in a sinkhole, strangles that question in her throat. Cueta releases the safety on her rifle...

If nasties storm through the door:
laser: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (7, 4) + 8 = 19
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


GM Screen:

2d10 + 20 ⇒ (3, 5) + 20 = 28
4d12 ⇒ (8, 3, 6, 1) = 18

The howling and pounding goes on for a while, sometimes coming from farther away, sometimes closer, just as everyone's nerves are about to break the door they are aiming at goes flying out and the trap fires, flinging a barrage of needles straight at whatever is inside. There is a squelching sound and another howl, this time with an edge of pain to it.

Then out steps a misshapen Kish with needles sticking out of various parts of its body. It's gripping a sword but holding it, not as a weapon, but as if in some sort of a deathgrip. It sights the group and screams in rage and keeps coming.

As it does the true horror of the situation becomes clear as the full figure comes into sight. There is *another* Kish head protruding out of a lumpy bulging body with bits of clothing and armor still clinging on. It screams as well and the arm on its side of the body swings forward as if trying to transfer the pain of its malformed existence onto anything it sees.

What did they DO? the bleeding one shouts and sights their trembling bow at the monstrosity.

Prospero and Cueta fire in concert, both of their attacks hitting. It flinches and starts to bleed, but keeps coming!.

Setup:Okay round 1. It double moved, Cueta and Prospero have taken their standard act for this round (still have a move if they wish). No cover, it's a move action away from melee. Everyone else up! Kish go after you.

Damage Tracker Halfway Round 1.
Abomination: 18+11+12-15=26


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 53/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 4/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Dropping her rifle, Cueta draws her doshko. Smashing time!

Move action: draw weapon. Free action: drop gun.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 56/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Yep-yep! This is definitely on my skip-list for late night trids!" Leila winces and raises her gun. Let's put it out of it's misery. And then they really really needed to unf@+! whatever healing chamber they had in there. This was just atrocious!

Trick!: 2d10 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (7, 9) + 18 + 4 = 38

Attack!: 2d10 + 10 ⇒ (10, 1) + 10 = 21

Damage?: 1d8 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5, 7, 5, 5) = 28


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 6 | Stamina 29/63 HP 53/53 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +5 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Photon 2/3 | Resolve 5/8 | Force Field: HP 5 Charges 5/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Vek's spark settles over his hands, coating them in bright blue light. "That's probably the worst medical malpractice I've ever seen" he says under his breath as he pulls back on heavy fist in preparation of violence.

It looks in pain - perhaps we can end its suffering quickly. Which it is going through because of our arrival. We must be more careful!

Move action to use Plasma Sheath, readied action to attack if opponent is within melee range.

Readied attack:
Solar Weapon: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (1, 7) + 12 = 20
Fire damage, Electricity damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 17 + (3) = 24


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna seems to have a permanently concerned look on her face as they wait for whatever is banging on the door to escape. She agreed they should wait for the thing to come to them, but she wasn't exactly ready for it to happen.

Thus, the vlogger flinches as the buldging monstrosity breaks free, and furhter blaches them it's shot full of needles. "Ugh! By the gods, I've seen tamer prop makeup on the set of Untold Adventures! This is awful, I going to have to put a horror warning on this section of the video and increase the age restrictions! Oh, maybe I can put it behind a paywall..."

With a flourish she produces her liquid disintegrator pistol and grips it in two hands, firing a beam of abomination-melting particles past Cueta's head. The shot came so close to the human woman that she is fairly sure that a stubborn blackhead on her ear that had persisted since her cryosleep was instatntly exfoliated.

"Take it down!" Astrianna as as she shouts obvious, but encouraging, orders.

Free action: Draw Disintegrator pistol.

Standard action: Improved Get 'em. +2 to attack and get to shoot.

disintegrator pistol, get 'em: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 + 2 = 13

acid damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


GM Screen:
2d10 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2) + 9 = 17
2d10 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14
2d10 + 18 ⇒ (2, 7) + 18 = 27
2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 5) + 12 = 19

The horrific figure stumbles as Leila's shot lands a hard hit. Astrianna's shot doesn't seem to do much though. It staggers forward only to be smacked in what is probably still it's gut by Vek. Two arrows fly at it only to be brushed aside by the monster howling in pain.

It retaliates on the Vesk, the hand holding the sword smashes Vek in the face. Whatever the Kish have been turned into doesn't even seem to realize it's holding a weapon. It's monstrous strength causes the forcefield to be smashed to smithereens and gets through even Vek's armor.

Setup: Monster is on Vek. Cueta is a step away. No cover, it's a move action away from melee. It looks hurt but very resilient. Round 2 party up.

Damage Tracker Round 1.
Abomination: 26+28+24+4-14=42
Vek:19-5-7=7


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 6 | Stamina 29/63 HP 53/53 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +5 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Photon 2/3 | Resolve 5/8 | Force Field: HP 5 Charges 5/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Vek’s forcefield flickers for a moment before restoring itself with a familiar, barely audible hum. The vesk shakes his head, then focuses back on the poor creature before him. Let’s end this quickly, he thinks to himself, fists flying with blue light.

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 12 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7, 7) + 12 + 2 - 4 = 24
Fire damage, Electricity damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 17 + (1) = 26

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 12 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 12 + 2 - 4 = 16
Fire damage, Electricity damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 17 + (4) = 29


N Android Mechanic 7 | HP:46/46 SP: 56/56 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 7/7 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +14, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"The healing device seems to be in need of some recalibration. The molecular re-arrangement is on highly unsafe levels." Prospero-4 observes. "But first, we'll need to deal with this unfortunate creature"

The android stays put and fires two rapid blasts from the streetsweeper gun, trusting the front line will hold the creature away from him.

Streetsweeper, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 13 + 2 - 4 = 22
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Streetsweeper, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 13 + 2 - 4 = 19
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 56/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"More then some!" Leila agrees and tries to line up another round.

Trick!: 2d10 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 18 + 4 = 28

Attack!: 2d10 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1, 9) + 10 + 2 = 22

Damage?: 1d8 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (8, 1, 3, 8) = 26


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 2

"Cueta, move your fat head so I can get a shot!" She yells over their comes while firing more highly charged particles past the star-blessed warrior's head and into one of the abomination's heads instead.

"Yeah I don't think this was consensual surgery, though who am I to judge if two sentient beings want to be grafted together at the chest?" She comments as her pistol briefly cools between shots.

Standard action: Improved get 'em on the abomination.

disintegrator pistol, get 'em: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10, 6) + 8 + 2 = 26

acid damage, crit: 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12


GM Screen:

2d10 + 9 ⇒ (9, 3) + 9 = 21
2d10 + 9 ⇒ (1, 6) + 9 = 16
2d10 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14
2d10 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 18 - 4 = 22
2d10 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (10, 6) + 18 - 4 = 30
2d10 + 18 - 4 ⇒ (8, 10) + 18 - 4 = 32
2d6 + 12 - 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 12 - 7 = 11
4d6 + 24 - 7 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 3) + 24 - 7 = 31

Vek hits the monster once, while Liela and Astrianna, land hard shots and Prospero's sweet sweeper sends two bursts of sonic damage into the hide of the beast.

The two archers fare less well and Cueta's doshko fails to get through as well.

The beast, now punctured and bleeding from seemingly a dozen wounds rocks back and seems like it will topple over but then comes raging back. One arm hits out at Cueta, who dodges, but the other arm, still holding the sword catches Vek a hard blow. Vek is a touch too slow to parry the blow and pays for it dearly as the arms swings back higher and delivers an incredibly damaging backhand right across the head causing the Vesk's head to snap back incredibly painfully!

Vek got hit by a regular and a crit! (an 18 and a 38!)

Setup: Monster is on Vek. Cueta is in melee also.. No cover, it's a move action away from melee. It looks like it is on its last legs. Round 3 party up.

Damage Tracker Round 2.
Abomination: 42+26-5+13-5+9-5+26-5+12-5=103.
Vek:7+18-7+38-7=49


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 6 | Stamina 29/63 HP 53/53 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +5 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +10, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Photon 2/3 | Resolve 5/8 | Force Field: HP 5 Charges 5/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

GM, the forcefield should reduce that damage by 5 in total (to a total of 44 damage taken).

Vek continues the assault. "I can't take many more hits like that," he warns his team. "And I'd rather not end up like these poor souls because the facility decides I need medical attention too." His attempt at a joke falls slightly flat - or perhaps it's more earnest than humorous.

Solar Weapon, Full Attack, Get 'Em: 2d10 + 12 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (9, 1) + 12 - 4 + 2 = 20
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 17 + (1) = 28

Solar Weapon, Full Attack, Get 'Em: 2d10 + 12 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (10, 4) + 12 - 4 + 2 = 24
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 17 + (2) = 23


N Android Mechanic 7 | HP:46/46 SP: 56/56 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 7/7 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +14, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Vek, withdraw before it is too late. I am confident Cueta can hold it back as well."

Prospero-4 keeps firing. He checks the battery indicator, and starts planning optimal maneuvers for the moment when the battery inevitably runs out.

Streetsweeper, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (6, 10) + 13 + 2 - 4 = 27
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Streetsweeper, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9, 2) + 13 + 2 - 4 = 22
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 56/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Yeah! I'll distract it!" Leila darts around the beast and tries to stab it in the back. One of them at least!

Trick Attack to move->stab. Trick Attack movement does not provoke from 1 monster - hopefully they do count as only one :P

Trick!: 2d10 + 18 + 4 ⇒ (1, 10) + 18 + 4 = 33

To Stab!: 2d10 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 10 + 2 = 15

Damage? (Slashing): 1d4 + 2 + 4d8 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (6, 7, 5, 6) = 30


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 3

Astrianna cringes as she watches Vek take more blows to the face than she would like. After all, her face might be next if he goes down. "You kidding? I have a whole product line in the works for you. Vek the Unbreakable. Every action figure will be infused with real adamantine alloy for extreme durability!" She hoped her encouragement would be enough for him to continue standing in front of her and getting the s&*! beat out of him on a regular basis.

With a dramatic flourish of her pistol, she encourages everyone else too. "Now put this thing down before it has to suffer a moment longer!" Then she busies herself on her holo comm, making a note to save that sound clip for their upcoming animated series.

Standard ction: Inspiring boost on Vek. 17 stamina healed.

Move action:Get 'em on the abomination, +2 to attack for everyone.

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,262 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / All over a bit of Drift Rock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.